Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2013 9:41 PM

May 2010
Felt bad for Shiina she trying to a little bit more normal and he like, 'naw be a robot" for what it seem, and what was up with that dream? shit had me busting up quick min, it was so random. along side that all that left to say is YO Dat Mini Skirt!

Emotion were high here
HydnlifeJan 8, 2013 9:45 PM
Jan 8, 2013 9:43 PM

May 2010
Red_Keys said:

You people are pissing me the fuck off. Why don't you think about Sorata's emotions, and put yourself in his place? If you can't see where he's coming from, and why he is frustrated, you haven't been paying attention to the show.

Yea, Shiina's cute. But please think with your head, instead of your dick.

Dat Rage.
Jan 8, 2013 10:00 PM

Nov 2009
It's not easy being a Nanami fan in this world. Look at all the shit we have to put up with! About time we get a break (even though it'll probably only last for a fraction of an episode).

Nanami FTW!
Jan 8, 2013 10:02 PM
Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:
Wow, killer argument.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what is being said, but killer. >.>

Oh, I get it... You're illustrating how someone can say stupid things when angry... now I see.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 8, 2013 10:17 PM

Apr 2008
Tempted to drop this serieis. The MC is probably one of the weakest characters i've seen thus far in my anime watching life. I'm just really put off with his attitude and bullshit. I would honestly say that watching this show has now become unenjoyable because of the MC's actions. This is one of the few times where i wish the MC ends up with no one and sets off by himself. He still needs so much more time to mature and grow as a person. I don't know if i can put up with this much longer. I always cringe and sigh whenever he gets depressed over stupid shit. Think i should keep going or drop it right now to save my valuable time?

Jan 8, 2013 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
Ajunky said:
Red_Keys said:
Wow, killer argument.

Oh, I get it... You're illustrating how someone can say stupid things when angry... now I see.
Good one. Shithead.

I'm alluding to people with sentiments similar to, "Shiina is cute! I'd never make her cry! Look at how cute she is! Sorata is a jerk! How dare he not accept her love! What an idiot! I'd give her all of my love! She is so cute!!"

The people giving Sorata shit, who don't take into account his emotions and experiences, and see "Made Shiina upset. Therefore asshole idiot and I hate him." AKA thinking with your dick. Cuteness > Character.

ForbiddenSins said:
Tempted to drop this serieis. The MC is probably one of the weakest characters i've seen thus far in my anime watching life. I'm just really put off with his attitude and bullshit. I would honestly say that watching this show has now become unenjoyable because of the MC's actions. This is one of the few times where i wish the MC ends up with no one and sets off by himself. He still needs so much more time to mature and grow as a person. I don't know if i can put up with this much longer. I always cringe and sigh whenever he gets depressed over stupid shit. Think i should keep going or drop it right now to save my valuable time?
Heaven forbid characters have emotions! That's like, blasphemy right there! Character development? What's that?
Jan 8, 2013 10:41 PM

Oct 2012
ForbiddenSins said:
I'd say drop it if you don't like it. Maybe watch 1 or 2 episodes, then drop it. After its over, probably see the reaction of people, and then decide if you're gonna pick it up again, cause if ur not enjoying it cause of the MC, see how he develops, cause usually MC's have the same irritation level throughout the series. But I'd still probably give one or two more episodes.
Jan 8, 2013 11:09 PM

Apr 2008
Red_Keys said:
Ajunky said:
Red_Keys said:
Wow, killer argument.

Good one. Shithead.

I'm alluding to people with sentiments similar to, "Shiina is cute! I'd never make her cry! Look at how cute she is! Sorata is a jerk! How dare he not accept her love! What an idiot! I'd give her all of my love! She is so cute!!"

The people giving Sorata shit, who don't take into account his emotions and experiences, and see "Made Shiina upset. Therefore asshole idiot and I hate him." AKA thinking with your dick. Cuteness > Character.

ForbiddenSins said:
Heaven forbid characters have emotions! That's like, blasphemy right there! Character development? What's that?

Hmm, you an angry person irl? Try not to quote someone when you have nothing constructive to add. I don't enjoy sarcasm when it's used to vent out one's personal frustrations/anger. Before you berate me for being narrow minded, let me say this. I watch anime to unwind and destress. I know where Sorata is coming from, having experienced similar things myself. However, even though i know where he's coming from, i can no longer tolerate watching him. You seem to think that everyone on this forum is as dense as Sorata. I'd be willing to bet that everyone here has had similar experiences. Does that mean that i'm thinking with my dick? No, it just means i dislike the MC's attitude and actions.

Thank's AnimeHAwk616, i'll take your suggestion and drop it for now. I'll peruse the forums once the show ends to see if peoples reactions change.

Jan 8, 2013 11:16 PM

Sep 2012
First, I'm not angry. I curse. But I'm not mad.

And second, my comments to you and to Ajunky were separate.

But anyway, you contradicted yourself. How is understandable and logical character behavior "bullshit"? You said you understand where he's coming from, and why he acts the way he does, yet you want him to act differently, going against his personality (which was established at ep 1) and all of his experiences. That doesn't make much sense.

It was apparent in the first few episodes that this series was also going to be heavy on drama. If that is not what you wanted, you should have dropped it a while ago.
Jan 8, 2013 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
It's painful reliving mistakes. It's painful watching other people make the mistakes you made... but saying you can't tolerate watching him is kinda pushing it. In my head, I was yelling"No! keep your emotions in check, you're not saying what you actually want to say." and then I thought, maybe this is a ploy to lengthen the show like lelouch accidentaly using geass or maybe I should just accept this as a mistake main character made and move on.

If you're willing to drop the show from this however; I contest you're putting to much emphasis on this specific part of the love aspect because that's not all Sakurasou has to offer, and that your standards maybe too high.
Jan 8, 2013 11:26 PM

Dec 2012
Being unable to control emotion
I think it's usual for someone who's on growth period. In this case, Sorata.
Perhaps this attitude of his will change in the future along with his way of thinking.
Anyway I won't say that I hate Sorata ('cause for me this seems unreasonable) and i will continue watching this series till the end.

p.s the new OP is better, i like it! but not the ED though..
Jan 8, 2013 11:32 PM

Oct 2012
ForbiddenSins said:
Thank's AnimeHAwk616, i'll take your suggestion and drop it for now. I'll peruse the forums once the show ends to see if peoples reactions change.
Yeah, no problem.
Jan 8, 2013 11:52 PM
Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:
Ajunky said:
Red_Keys said:
Wow, killer argument.

Good one. Shithead.

And yet not a single person you quoted seemed to be thinking along those lines, going by what they said. You're assigning thoughts that were never implied.

BTW, does using nonsensical insults calm you down? If they actually do help you I won't say another word about it.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 8, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
Ajunky said:
And yet not a single person you quoted seemed to be thinking along those lines, going by what they said. You're assigning thoughts that were never implied.

BTW, does using nonsensical insults calm you down? If they actually do help you I won't say another word about it.
I guess you don't like to read, because one, I already stated I'm not mad, and two, a few of the comments I quoted actually did imply that.

Anyway, I'm tired of this argument. Go look at this thread. The OP described what I wanted to say much better.

And insults actually do make me feel better! It's quite fun. Shithead.
Jan 9, 2013 12:18 AM
Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:
Ajunky said:

I guess you don't like to read, because one, I already stated I'm not mad, and two, a few of the comments I quoted actually did imply that.

Anyway, I'm tired of this argument. Go look at this thread. The OP described what I wanted to say much better.

And insults actually do make me feel better! It's quite fun. Shithead.
Nah, you just fail at reading. Not a single one implied it.

But yeah, the OP at that other thread uses far better arguments.

Anyway, suit yourself.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 9, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
Ajunky said:
Except for these two.
Jan 9, 2013 12:46 AM
Oct 2010
Red_Keys said:
Ajunky said:
Except for these two.
The first one is not specifying the motive for the outburst. Are you taking it from the comment on Mashiro's "yandere" mode? That's too much of a jump if you ask me. And anyway, the last comment said tells me he's not even that serious about the outburst in the first place.

The second one is complaining about Sorata's inability to read Mashiro (which is asking too much, but also not implying what you said it is)
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 9, 2013 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
You're reading too much into this and taking what I said too literally.

The "quote" that I initially wrote was obviously satirical and exaggerated. And I said sentiments "similar to". Not "exactly". Please just shut up now.
Jan 9, 2013 12:52 AM

Jan 2011
Ducking the flames...

"Did you ever have to make up your mind
To pick up on one and leave the other one behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind..."

John Sebastian & The Loving Spoonful

Sorata, it's time you realized just what you have to do...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 9, 2013 3:18 AM
Aug 2010
Wow... shiina actually said something with emotion this episode.
Jan 9, 2013 6:13 AM
Sep 2012
As far as I'm concerned, if anybody in this thread thinks that Sorata is a reason to drop the series, you haven't watched School Days. Yes, I disagree with what Sorata did, it was wrong, but it doesn't make him instantly an asshole. The big picture is what matters here, and 100% guaranteed he won't end up the next Makoto from School Days (and that's a good thing, because apparently Shiina likes Knives...)
Jan 9, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
but what the heck was in the letter? did his game get rejected?
Jan 9, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
bakapunt said:
but what the heck was in the letter? did his game get rejected?

Some people are slow, yea his game got rejected.
Jan 9, 2013 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
What the hell is Sorata thinking? I thought that he was aware of her feeling, yet he is so dense. Can't wait for next week!
Jan 9, 2013 1:09 PM

Dec 2011
ForbiddenSins said:
Tempted to drop this serieis. The MC is probably one of the weakest characters i've seen thus far in my anime watching life.

Hey... buy you have watched Nenon Genesis Evangelion so... it's not true.

Still, this is just the begining of the seccond part (as for me, i didn´t liked the episode that much 3/5 imo) was horribly paced, the OP/ED are not as good as teh preious ones (as i said before)

Still... it's worth to see one or two chapters more. Just in case this is just a head warmer while the real deal comes up.
Jan 9, 2013 2:22 PM

Dec 2010
Theodoricos said:
Pfft, people calling Sorata a 'weak' character? He's human, and yes, I do not agree with what he said right there but he made an honest mistake because he's not perfect.

I may not like a lot of things about this flawed show, but at least I like that Sorata isn't a total Gary Stu who always knows the right thing to say.

Funny thing is that if he was doing all the right things he would be called a Gary Stu, and yet if he is flawed like he is now people call him a "weak" MC, its like they want a balance of the two created to their preferences. It really amazes me how people can't read into emotions at all...
Jan 9, 2013 2:30 PM
Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Theodoricos said:
Pfft, people calling Sorata a 'weak' character? He's human, and yes, I do not agree with what he said right there but he made an honest mistake because he's not perfect.

I may not like a lot of things about this flawed show, but at least I like that Sorata isn't a total Gary Stu who always knows the right thing to say.

Funny thing is that if he was doing all the right things he would be called a Gary Stu, and yet if he is flawed like he is now people call him a "weak" MC, its like they want a balance of the two created to their preferences. It really amazes me how people can't read into emotions at all...

Most fanboys are busy checking out Shinna's measurements anyway.............they don't have time to watch the show properly. Personally i think this show is awesome. Well if anyone wants to drop this for your cute girl getting bashed, feel free to do so.......nobody is gonna miss you. Also calling Sorata a 'weak MC'.......some guys have serious mental issues.

Jan 9, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
I liked it. The new ending was so stupid lol made me laugh though. I liked the song. Only thing that would make the episode better would be Ryuunosuke!
Jan 9, 2013 2:46 PM
Apr 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Most fanboys are busy checking out Shinna's measurements anyway.............they don't have time to watch the show properly. Personally i think this show is awesome. Well if anyone wants to drop this for your cute girl getting bashed, feel free to do so.......nobody is gonna miss you. Also calling Sorata a 'weak MC'.......some guys have serious mental issues.

I disagree with those that think Sorata was a complete jackass during this episode, but you really need to stop acting as though the majority of those that prefer Mashiro over Aoyama are miraculously idiotic simpletons who only desire to watch the show to gaze at the fanservice that she‘s involved in, when many Aoyama fans will surely be saying the same things about Sorata if he ditches Aoyama during their supposed “date” next episode. It’s not as though every single person that’s taken the time to criticize Sorata is somehow a fan of Mashiro, since there are simply many that perceive him to have been very cruel in this episode, as most people are able to look past their preferences when discussing the actions of a character. Regardless, I do think it's ridiculous that some are actually dropping the show because of this.
Jan 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Dec 2010
Red_Keys said:
ForbiddenSins said:

Well its clear after all these people never felt frustration, they never got mad, heck they did something worthy of regret either, what a bunch of saints we have on this forum. Makes you wonder if it makes them hypocrites for criticizing Gary Stus then, considering that's what they act like they are.
Jan 9, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
What's with the score? It changed from real score, then 8.34 then went back to normal, and now it scored 8.34 again, with less people who scored it. I noticed its happening for a some other currently airing fall anime's.
Jan 9, 2013 4:25 PM

Oct 2012
Sorata's attitude truly annoyed me this episode.
Jan 9, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2010
shizwizard said:
Sorata's attitude truly annoyed me this episode.

That's kinda funny coming from someone who has Shinji Ikari as a favorite.
Jan 9, 2013 5:11 PM

Dec 2011
I can understand why Sorata is mad, but he went wrong.

And some peoples act being perfect calling him as "weak MC".
So, are you in right way everytime ? Wow, your life is really boring, no ?

And yeah, my English sucks.
HeresiyaJan 9, 2013 5:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2013 5:20 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
lifestyLe said:
And yeah, my English sucks.
It's better than my Spanish(?) ;)
Jan 9, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2008
shadowtsunami said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
There is something wrong here. How did this show go from 8.19 to 8.34 in like 1 day, and the vote counter went down too. Did something get reset or something? And god that dream at the beginning was funny. Actually, the whole episode was hilarious. Also the new op was pretty good. I liked the old one better maybe. But it is very creative.
MAL updates the scoring twice a day. Also it is the middle of the series and that's when a lot of people start scoring the show, which means the score changes drastically. Also when it ends people again people score/rescore the show. It's like how Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun went from 8.34 to 8.13 and Sukitte Ii nayo went from 8.00 to 7.81 after they finished airing. Same goes for Pscyho Pass once it hit the halfway point it went from like 7.9 to 8.34 too. Matter of fact most shows I'm watching went up by like .3. But this may drop back to 8.19 at the end.
Actually this score rise was like some bug. It happened to JoJo, Psycho Pass, Robotics Notes and all other airing shows that are 2 seasons long. It hasn't happened before and was likely caused by them changing the way the scoring system works. If you take the true average of the scores on sakurasou, its score is still 8.218. All those other shows I listed are also quite a bit lower. The score change you are referring to only happens when the show gets marked as finished, not while it is still airing.
Jan 9, 2013 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't we have this episode before? Didn't Sorata made the same dick move before? Didn't he realize that was pretty stupid? Yet he does it again.
I know of that "Sorata's behaviour in ep 13" thread still he's an asshole for doing the same shit twice. Blaming others for his own shortcomings is just plain stupid.
But we had this discussion last time as well.
God damn. It's as the end of last episode never happened.. the hell? so much wrong here. /ragemode

Shiina was cute trying to cook for Sorata. He's so not worth her..or Aoyama..
Jan 9, 2013 7:27 PM

Dec 2010
nantuko said:
God damn. It's as the end of last episode never happened.. the hell?

Sigh...no point in even answering your other points if you know of the other thread yet still can't except the points made there, will say this however, ever consider that he didn't hear what she said? The plane flew right over and there was also that dream. They never gave any indication that he heard what she said yet denied it, so as for it "never happened" because in all likelihood for him it never did, he never heard what she said.
Jan 9, 2013 7:42 PM

Oct 2012
shadowtsunami said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
There is something wrong here. How did this show go from 8.19 to 8.34 in like 1 day, and the vote counter went down too. Did something get reset or something? And god that dream at the beginning was funny. Actually, the whole episode was hilarious. Also the new op was pretty good. I liked the old one better maybe. But it is very creative.

MAL updates the scoring twice a day. Also it is the middle of the series and that's when a lot of people start scoring the show, which means the score changes drastically. Also when it ends people again people score/rescore the show. It's like how Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun went from 8.34 to 8.13 and Sukitte Ii nayo went from 8.00 to 7.81 after they finished airing. Same goes for Pscyho Pass once it hit the halfway point it went from like 7.9 to 8.34 too. Matter of fact most shows I'm watching went up by like .3. But this may drop back to 8.19 at the end.
Usually around the half way point, the score doesn't change that much. Around the last episode is where a lot of people would score all at once, making it drastically change. Tonari dropped a lot mainly due to the last episode being a bad conclusion. Since shoujo anime are at times about a will they, or will they not, having an indecisive conclusion made it drop, not really the entire show itself. psycho pass's score had the same glitch as sakurasou, and same with zetsuen I think, and robotics notes and little busters, where all the scores just jumped drastically.
Jan 9, 2013 7:57 PM
Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
nantuko said:
Sigh...no point in even answering your other points if you know of the other thread yet still can't except the points made there, will say this however, ever consider that he didn't hear what she said? The plane flew right over and there was also that dream. They never gave any indication that he heard what she said yet denied it, so as for it "never happened" because in all likelihood for him it never did, he never heard what she said.
I'm sure he didn't hear what she said, due to the plane, but he probably has an idea about what it was, yet he can't bring himself to believe she could say something like that (because he has the idiot MC archetype), and hence the weird dream... it's like his subconscious is screaming: "hey, realize it already!". At least that what I think the dream meant.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 9, 2013 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
I'm really enjoying the emotional aspect of the show so far, but it too is getting rather frustrating when he clearly could have taken a better approach.

Primary arguments about Sorata acting like an idiot are valid, however everyone in this world do have emotions, are not perfect, and of course, do stupid things and make mistakes in their teenage years. Its more the premise of how Sorata is learning from his experiences, and of course, trying to improve which is great for character development.

I personally would have acted the same way Sorata has, if i was placed under so much pressure from Geniuses, and not able to perform at the same level. So i do understand his frustration. Going through a similar life event, I personally, would have taken a different approach these days, but only because i've learned from those experiences.

So, have a think. Put yourself in his shoes, from the start of the series to here. Would you have made the same decisions as outlined in the anime? or would you have acted differently?

P.S - Chillax. Its an anime, not some high tension political argument. Also, if my post was already mentioned prior, sorry, i couldn't be bothered reading through 8 pages.
Jan 9, 2013 8:04 PM

Dec 2010
Ajunky said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
nantuko said:
I'm sure he didn't hear what she said, due to the plane, but he probably has an idea about what it was, yet he can't bring himself to believe she could say something like that (because he has the idiot MC archetype), and hence the weird dream... it's like his subconscious is screaming: "hey, realize it already!". At least that what I think the dream meant.

I can sorta agree with that, but its also due to two reasons that i think are relevant, or at least among the reasons he denies it. First off he have long since been established to feel inferior, she is the center of it all as well, he may get better with time and the past events but his feeling inferior will take a long time to truly go away if it ever does. Second off she has been depending on him this entire time, romance requires equal standing he likely believes that what she feels isn't romantic love and that he shouldn't misunderstand it. Aside from jealousy he admires her, admiration often gets in the way of affection, its part of the very reason he feels she is wasting her time by not doing manga on something like cooking which he doesn't have a clear cut reason on why she desires to do so.
Jan 9, 2013 8:29 PM
Dec 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Ajunky said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
nantuko said:

I can sorta agree with that, but its also due to two reasons that i think are relevant, or at least among the reasons he denies it. First off he have long since been established to feel inferior, she is the center of it all as well, he may get better with time and the past events but his feeling inferior will take a long time to truly go away if it ever does. Second off she has been depending on him this entire time, romance requires equal standing he likely believes that what she feels isn't romantic love and that he shouldn't misunderstand it. Aside from jealousy he admires her, admiration often gets in the way of affection, its part of the very reason he feels she is wasting her time by not doing manga on something like cooking which he doesn't have a clear cut reason on why she desires to do so.

Not sure if anyone ever told you but you are the smartest anime watcher ever.

ALSO, to everyone that keeps saying "How could he do that to Mashiro" and "It's as if nothing happened in episode 12" then you obviously don't understand this anime's story and moral. Not sure if it has to be said again but the reason why he lashed out was because after being hyped up from the success of Nyaboron and fixing up its mistakes he was almost positive he was going to be successful but as it turns out he failed again. And look who just so happens to be there and look what she's doing. Mashiro is not only his source of inspiration but his source of inferiority as he has only been relying on hard work rather than talent, which Mashiro has a ton of, and watching her not use it and wasting her time doing something he saw as a waste of that talent didnt help his case. Its simply jealousy, one of the most human traits of humans. He may have been harsh but if you say he's the reason why you want to drop the show or that he is a weak MC then you probably haven't felt failure or haven't been jealous of someone who relies on talent rather hard work. Nuff said
Jan 9, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2012
He's going to break his promise. I just know it! x.x Something's probably going to come up (most likely with Shiina :P) lol

Jan 9, 2013 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
This series is so great, I like the shared time with all of the characters rather than just focusing on Shiina and Sorata, espeicially since I like Nanami so much. I'm so glad there was no interruption when Nanami asked, and can't wait to see that next episode. Unfortunately, my favorite male character, Ryuunosuke, didn't show up this episode..
Anyway, more conflict. Obviously sometime later in the series Sorata will make it. Shiina doesn't understand her own feelings and therefore behaving unusually, and Sorata is too dense to notice, so that's not good.
Love this series, can't wait for the next episode. 5/5.

Jan 10, 2013 1:46 AM
Aug 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I disagree with those that think Sorata was a complete jackass during this episode, but you really need to stop acting as though the majority of those that prefer Mashiro over Aoyama are miraculously idiotic simpletons who only desire to watch the show to gaze at the fanservice that she‘s involved in, when many Aoyama fans will surely be saying the same things about Sorata if he ditches Aoyama during their supposed “date” next episode. It’s not as though every single person that’s taken the time to criticize Sorata is somehow a fan of Mashiro, since there are simply many that perceive him to have been very cruel in this episode, as most people are able to look past their preferences when discussing the actions of a character. Regardless, I do think it's ridiculous that some are actually dropping the show because of this.

I am a Sorata and Aoyama fan and the only thing i don't like about Sorata is that he is very dense. Other than that i find his actions very realistic which i like very much in this type of anime.Besides we all know Sorata and Shinna are gonna get together in the end (anime name , plot armor etc etc...). I am just pissed off at how many viewers just say he is weak MC or Aoyama in a annoying tsundere or Shinna is the only thing in this show and they fail to see the bigger picture. I am sorry if i offended you somehow but most of the comments are about how Shinna got hurt without realizing what kind of situation Sorata was in.

Jan 10, 2013 1:59 AM

May 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
plot armor
Shinna

This isn't battle/adventure/action anime. No one dies here
and it's Shiina.
Jan 10, 2013 3:30 AM
Jan 2013
InfiniteDestiny said:

thank you for stating this. severely overlooked throughout this thread. how many times in the early episodes did sorata misinterpret shiina's actions (e.g., love hotel)? i'm sure he doesn't want to make that mistake again, especially when his feelings for her have grown intensely over the past few episodes. sorata being dense is annoying, but reasonable (and to that hostile insult-throwing poster a few pages back - just because something is logical and understandable doesn't mean it cannot be "bullshit". one does not need to expect logical actions when watching fictional programming. isn't that kinda why tv exists?).

how come nobody's upset with nanami? lots of people upset with sorata for not recognizing nanami's intentions, but isn't nanami kinda setting herself up to be heartbroken? i know anime is all about preaching that whole 'never give up!' mentality, but she has noticed before how sorata's emotions are developing. she sees how sorata and shiina's relationship is maturing (mutually!) - yet she's playing in the middle of "i want sorata to be happy" (convincing him to tell shiina how he really felt at the airport) and "i want to be happy" (now that shiina's back, it's fair game). hell, maybe my outlook is just bleak, but you either play to win or don't play at all. i like her character - she is probably the most relatable to me - and her conflict, but i don't think people should be placing all the blame on sorata.

another thing - about the convo between ayano and sorata. sorata said he felt more 'at ease' around the old mashiro. i understand how everyone is saying this is because she was focused on the manga and had a clear goal/she was inspiring/etc., but isn't there more to this?

his whole attitude during the conversation kinda made it seem to me like he's trying to come to terms with the fact that his feelings for her are maturing, but having a hard time understanding what's going on. he was saying he feels "restless", "disturbing", and whatnot. i mean, the episode opens up with shiina wanting to see sorata for no reason at all, then she wants to cook for him, she's saying "she doesn't know" a lot. she is coming to understand what the these feelings mean, but sorata isn't. when she said "tell me, sorata" it felt deeper to me - more like "tell me you are feeling this too". it's really interesting because i feel shiina's character has undergone a massive change, and sorata's hasn't, really. tracing back to the "i'm doing this for my manga" scene - shiina generally has a good idea as to WHY she's doing something. the recurring theme is that sorata doesn't understand why she's doing things. now that she's trying to get him to notice her feelings, sorata is upset she has feelings.

i think that in addition to sorata preferring past shiina's hard work and dedication, he can't read present shiina's actions because they are more complicated... less straightforward. she's thinking more like a normal girl (or human being, really). sorata wants to understand her, but is bad with interpreting girls' actions (e.g., why nanami gets mad at him. how many times has jin had to point out sorata's ignorance?). i thought ayano interpreted something similar, leading her to give a little smile after initially being shocked by sorata's reply.

last one, did anyone else hate the way they did the sorata/shiina argument? very awkward to have him nonchalantly look away and do a bad fade out. kinda ooc to me, too, as sorata is always surprised when shiina expresses emotion. should've at least shown another confused facial expression or something.

really wanted shiina to cry - would've been so good.

k done. sorry for tl;dr first post :P
Jan 10, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2010
Interesting and cute episode.
Lol @ that ending animation.
Jan 10, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2011
Not again this lame drama...Sorata, don't force me to call you Shinji again.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.