Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2011 11:29 AM

Oct 2009
If we want to talk about how Ufotable is adapting the Novel we can do so here in spoiler tags.

And since this is an adaptation of a prequel novel to a VN, if you're really worried about getting spoiled I'd advise you avoid all internet threads related to it, it's hard enough avoiding spoilers for original works these days.

Siva said:
Read your own comment down here.
Topgunuk69 said:
Spoiler tags are for spoilers, any spoilers.
Understand? Spoiler tag are for spoilers, NOT FOR SPECULATION! And that is why we can't have discussion here because people putting Spoiler Tag everywhere and I don't know which one is spoiler or speculation, and I don't want to find out which one is a trap either. Now you get it and I really hope so because I don't want to call a four year old to repeat my statement.

I said if it wasn't an adaptation and we were unable to confirm it, what I put in the spoiler tags would've been speculation, but since it is an adaptation and I confirmed it to be true it can be considered a spoiler.
TopgunUKOct 26, 2011 11:43 AM
Oct 26, 2011 12:28 PM

Oct 2007
@Topgunuk69: There is no violent or hard feeling in it, so let me keep it nice and clean.
This specific thread ISN'T about how do you think of this adaptation from the novel. THIS IS SPARTA Anime Discussion.

If you want to confirm anything in the novel please open a new thread and go there ask them who have read the novel but not here. Most people don't respect the rule and do whatever they want in a convenience way.

Now you see if people didn't put spoiler in this thread you could have written down your speculation and anime viewers would have come in and discuss it but now that is not a choice anymore.

If you can't discuss about anime in Anime Discussion there must be something really wrong there, don't you think?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 26, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
LostHanyou said:
JustALEX said:
(Honestly, I still feel it's inappropriately overhyped)...

The irony is astounding

Are you sure you're talking about the same series that was less hyped in Japan than half the stupid shit airing right now? The one that ranked 6th in fall anticipated anime???

HUH???

Why the fuck would I care what it's ranked in Japan???

I'm talking about the WEST and English speaking fans....either way, don't worry, I'm not hating on the series, in fact I do believe this will be many times better than the abortion that F/SN was...
Oct 26, 2011 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
Oh Iskander, just jumping in and announcing himself like that :P You're supposed to hide your name, silly!

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 27, 2011 1:11 AM

Jul 2008
i don't see how "black knight" is a spoiler. The first thing that comes to my mind with "black knight" is this:

Oct 27, 2011 5:22 AM

Aug 2011

Despair in the face of the characters. unfortunately, this is the best picture that i got.

just more 2 days friends.

About Berserker.
I don't know, but i enjoyed the story much more after i read some spoilers, and saw who he really was. Of course, i was reading the book. In the anime, that scene will be much more epic. But choose wisely, if you want to read spoilers, search for it in another place.
Oct 27, 2011 12:16 PM

May 2009
Could we maybe not post these preview pictures? At least use spoiler tags.

edit: That does look pretty damn awesome though.
stAtic91Oct 27, 2011 12:22 PM
Oct 27, 2011 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
stAtic91 said:
Could we maybe not post these preview pictures? At least use spoiler tags.

edit: That does look pretty damn awesome though.

I agree with this. I personally avoid any kind of previews, so please at least put this stuff in spoiler tags.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2011 2:12 PM

Aug 2011
all right, whatever you say.

but i don't consider it a spoilers, since it was officially released.

Berserker
Oct 27, 2011 2:46 PM
Dec 2007
Gamaliel said:
all right, whatever you say.

but i don't consider it a spoilers, since it was officially released.

Berserker
That's more like "official spoilers" than anything else. Most people don't like previews because they tend to show too much and ruin surprises (like say, showing characters to be fine when the last episode suggested said character may have died).

Oct 27, 2011 4:00 PM

Nov 2009
@Gamaliel: That pic is ffrom CM6 isnt it?
Oct 27, 2011 4:58 PM

Aug 2011
No, this picture was published in the official site.

one of the many sites that distribute the previews of fate zero has that picture.

http://anime.webnt.jp/news/view/2738

see by yourself
Oct 28, 2011 10:25 AM
Jul 2010
Hey , can I watch this without watching Fate Stay Night ? wouldn't it be vague if i dont watch FSN ?
PLZ answer me
Oct 28, 2011 11:57 AM

Aug 2011
Hosseinkiller32 said:
Hey , can I watch this without watching Fate Stay Night ? wouldn't it be vague if i dont watch FSN ?
PLZ answer me

i have some friends of mine watching Fate/ Zero without even know about the existence of Fate Stay/night, and they are understanding everything without any problem. So yes, you can watch Fate / Zero first.

Fate/Zero explain the war with more details than fate stay night, so you won't gonna feel lost watching.
Oct 28, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
Oh thx :) He looks great
Oct 29, 2011 12:49 AM

Jul 2007
Hosseinkiller32 said:
PLZ answer me

It won't be vague.

Fate/Zero DOES NOT follow FSN anime adaptation.

For all intents and purposes, FSN adaptation by DEEN is counted as "out of continuity" for the fate franchise

Fate/Zero is in-continuity prequel to FSN visual novel.
Oct 29, 2011 9:00 AM

Jun 2009
shadowtsunami said:
Great episode, but for me they just seem to go way to fast lol. The first ep was what 40min long that's probably the case. For me I loved it but this ep just like the previous 2 left me wanting more.

I agree, but is that necessarily a bad thing? Sounds like the series is doing something right if it makes you want more. And, if it makes you feel any better ep. 5 should be subbed sometime tonight.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2011
Zero Lancer is the best character in the Fate verse. Hands Down. Although Saber is pretty much as epic.
Oct 29, 2011 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
Great Battle!
The animation was top notch.
Looking forward to the next episode now.
Oct 29, 2011 2:50 PM

Oct 2009
Oct 29, 2011 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
Rider is freaking GAR?!!!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 30, 2011 12:22 AM
Mar 2009
DAT ANIMATION QUALITY. Hope they don't completely blow their budget...

Honorable fight between knights, but it really did feel kind of slow. Wonder why Kiritsugu hasn't killed Kayneth yet.

Lulz, Alexander is crazy...he just broke one of the rules by revealing his name.
Oct 30, 2011 12:33 AM

Aug 2009
Another amazing battle.
Oct 30, 2011 9:10 PM

Feb 2009
Already into the fight between Lancer and Saber and I must say the animation is amazing, the strikes with the spear, the fluidity of movement, really good fight. I must say though, that I was expecting great quality from Ufotable, and it didn't disappoint!

I wonder what Kiritsugu is actually doing (despite using his wife as a shield it seems) and if he can actually face a servant head-on. It did look like he really loves his daughter so there must be more going on with his character.
Nov 3, 2011 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing quality.
Nov 3, 2011 9:59 AM
Jun 2008
-Shuda- said:
Zero Lancer is the best character in the Fate verse. Hands Down. Although Saber is pretty much as epic.

Rider is, sorry buddy
Nov 3, 2011 3:09 PM

Aug 2010
AceSoldia said:
-Shuda- said:

Rider is, sorry buddy

Nah it's Gilgamesh.
Nov 4, 2011 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
Ragna92 said:
AceSoldia said:
-Shuda- said:

Rider is, sorry buddy

Nah it's Gilgamesh.

Kirei, Rin, Fake Assassin, Shirou, FSN-Lancer and KaleidoRuby(lol) say hello.
Nov 4, 2011 4:51 AM

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Ragna92 said:
AceSoldia said:
-Shuda- said:

Rider is, sorry buddy

Nah it's Gilgamesh.

Kirei, Rin, Fake Assassin, Shirou, FSN-Lancer and KaleidoRuby(lol) say hello.

Nah is Caren and F/0 Berserker ... and we can continue till the end of the world.

You really do like Shirou :)
Nov 5, 2011 5:47 AM

Apr 2009
Fate/zero continues to impress me with another great episode. Spectacular animation particularly for the battle between Saber and Lancer, such high quality animation is not one would normally expect from a TV series. How much more could the BD version of this look better?

Apparently, Kirei's "betrayal" and defeat was a ruse to fool the other Masters, as it appears it was all planned by him and Tokiomi while they continue to keep in touch with each other. Kiritsugu employs unconventional methods and tactics, alright. Even some of the other Masters have been fooled into thinking Irisviel is Saber's Master. Rider's decision to enter the battlefield with great fanfare was surprising. Of the other Servants, only Berserker is left to make more than a brief appearance of just a few seconds.
Nov 5, 2011 6:40 PM

Sep 2010
Berzerker was the best part
Nov 7, 2011 8:42 AM

Jan 2010
Got to love the beautiful animation. The battle was way better than I expected or hoped it would be.
Nov 30, 2011 1:53 PM

Sep 2008
Rider riding his ox charots right into middle of battle was epic. xD Everyone went totally WTF. I want to watch 720p, but it is laggy on my comp. :(
Jan 13, 2012 6:35 AM

Aug 2011
Why doesn't every episode end like that!
Feb 6, 2012 10:29 AM

May 2011
not too bad of a fight. still gets top marks for quality images and personality
Feb 9, 2012 4:37 PM
Apr 2010
To much talking.
Feb 14, 2012 6:00 PM
Mar 2010
Great fight and the amount of talking seemed fine with that great action. Nice to see that Saber isn't destroying Lancer and is actually properly fighting, although of course she's not even using a noble phantasm yet.
Interested in what's going to happen with Rider and whether Caster will join the fight too.
Feb 28, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
nice battle scene by saber and lancer

here lancer has two spears, anti-mana and cursing. wow that's so damn awesome

i dunno, in this episode saber looked weaker... and too daring LOL
Mar 22, 2012 6:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love how over the top Rider is.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 25, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
ufotable, this animation is amazing. Fate/Zero very clearly had a bit of money behind it.

I wonder if Irisviel knows she's a homunculus? Can't imagine she does.
Apr 5, 2012 11:21 PM

Nov 2011
Fucking epic battle.

Also, some information regarding Diarmuid the Love Spot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diarmuid_Ua_Duibhne

Interesting read tbh
Apr 22, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
ufotable, this animation is amazing. Fate/Zero very clearly had a bit of money behind it.

I wonder if Irisviel knows she's a homunculus? Can't imagine she does.

i think she already mentioned something like that, saying she was "being used for the grail" so she might know to some effect.

May 20, 2012 10:04 PM

Jul 2011
Why are Lancers always ladies men (or try to be at least).
May 21, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
Marzan said:
I love how over the top Rider is.

This. Wonder who he's gonna fight against. If he is gonna fight, that is.
Jul 14, 2012 11:28 AM
May 2012
Was soo EPIC, way better than any fight in Fate/Stay Night... my favourite was archer vs berserker in F/S N. but this is just too awesome.!@!

Jul 26, 2012 12:49 AM

Jun 2012
EOTW said:

Hmm...never thought Lancers were supposed to be ladies men.

Anyways , thank goodness I found out about this anime. Would've been sad if I missed this.
Jul 26, 2012 1:25 AM
Dec 2007
Illusiion said:
EOTW said:

Hmm...never thought Lancers were supposed to be ladies men.

Anyways , thank goodness I found out about this anime. Would've been sad if I missed this.
They actually are, Zero's Lancer in particular whole problem WAS women. And Cuchulainn is pretty good wen dealing with women, as he shows in UBW.

Jul 31, 2012 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
Leon-Gun said:
They actually are, Zero's Lancer in particular whole problem WAS women. And Cuchulainn is pretty good wen dealing with women, as he shows in UBW.

One of the things Cuchulainn laments is that he has bad luck with the women that matter (his teacher, Bazett, etc).

And then there is Vlad Lancer who speaks of his clown master as his wife.
Aug 2, 2012 12:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
It's interesting to say the least. But it's also very slow moving, and to be honest, boring to an extent. Too much talking and explaining.

It does have its own unique elements that it brings to the generic plot. For instance, bringing warriors from different parts of time to fight one another. That's pretty good. But the generic part is the whole "a race/battle/war to get a holy object to grant a wish".

None of the characters really "jump" out at me yet. Saber is by far the most interesting, but that's because she's the MC. I think there will be more development as it goes on. However, it's already episode 4 and only a select few have actually gotten some decent exposure. Once again, this is moving a little too slow.

Right now I'd give it a 6.5 to 7/10.
takkun_Aug 2, 2012 12:46 PM
Aug 2, 2012 9:55 PM

Aug 2010
Todd_Jensen said:
It's interesting to say the least. But it's also very slow moving, and to be honest, boring to an extent. Too much talking and explaining.

It does have its own unique elements that it brings to the generic plot. For instance, bringing warriors from different parts of time to fight one another. That's pretty good. But the generic part is the whole "a race/battle/war to get a holy object to grant a wish".

None of the characters really "jump" out at me yet. Saber is by far the most interesting, but that's because she's the MC. I think there will be more development as it goes on. However, it's already episode 4 and only a select few have actually gotten some decent exposure. Once again, this is moving a little too slow.

Right now I'd give it a 6.5 to 7/10.

Saber isn't the main character, Emiya Kiritsugu is. And this series is full of interesting characters besides Saber, I can guarantee you that.
Ragna92Aug 2, 2012 10:02 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

37 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 1:51 AM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.