Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 21, 2012 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
Chiyu, you bitch.

All scenes which Chiyu and Haru were together pissed me off.
Taku, forget that girl. She is not worth at all. Find a better girl.

And yeah, pig is pig, weakling is weakling. My sumpathy for Haru has been all swept away already.
Jul 21, 2012 7:18 PM

Jul 2011
Haru really pissed me off this time...
Jul 21, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
To think i didn't already Hate Haru enough this episode came along.. only thing good about it was sky laker and motherfucking Ash dude needs more screentime seriously
Jul 21, 2012 8:47 PM
May 2012
I feel so sorry for Haruyuki. IF only Kirito from SAO show up, he would've save him. I don't want things could become an another "shuu ouma' from GC which he's also a chump & sore loser. #shudders
JafriZinJul 21, 2012 8:54 PM
Jul 21, 2012 8:47 PM

Jun 2008
Zhou said:
Teldara said:
I agree, I can sympathize with Haru. I know people who lost the ability to walk, hear, and or see. They get depressed at first. Everyone would. What if you suddenly lost the ability to walk? You get depressed at first.

Sorry but it's a fucking game and he didn't have his wings from the beginning.

Try telling that to people who takes gaming seriously.

And Haru's wings was his source of confidence, take it away and he will absolutely feel that he can't do anything anymore.
That's the most realistic way a person would react.
Can't you even imagine if a gaming pro suddenly lost his main character, equipment get hacked? that's the same on what's happening to Haru now.

It doesn't matter if it's real or not, what matters is it's important to the one who lost it.
kaimaxJul 21, 2012 8:52 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 21, 2012 9:33 PM

May 2012
kuroyukihime doesn't appear in this episode~~ :(
[/URL]
Jul 21, 2012 9:59 PM
May 2012
Seeing Chiyuri cry like that really hurts my soul. There isn’t another antagonist that I wanna wish an extremely painful death upon right other than Noumi.

Son of a bitch...... why am I repeated myself all over again (never forget about what happened)...

Now I’m more than impatient to see Haruyuki getting his revenge on that lousy scumbag. I really don't care anymore because I'm not gonna rest till i find out what's gonna happen next after ep16 (Imagination) #sarcasm
JafriZinJul 21, 2012 10:02 PM
Jul 21, 2012 10:06 PM

May 2012
JohnnySan said:

Yeah, this is the letdown, she only appeared in the flashbacks. Maybe that's why they made the ED that way, at least to increase her screentime.
Jul 21, 2012 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
pika2000 said:
JohnnySan said:

Yeah, this is the letdown, she only appeared in the flashbacks. Maybe that's why they made the ED that way, at least to increase her screentime.

o.o Wow, man, you only look at the show for fanservice?

I could give you some Ecchi if you'd like to o.o.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 21, 2012 10:19 PM

Jul 2011
The MC is now officially the worst male character ive ever seen. I didnt like him from the beginning because they overdid him with his round shape and crying bitch attitude but after this ep i srsly started to hate him and get annoyed whenever he says something. This show surely has potentional but the score im going to give it in the end will be like -2 because of him.
Jul 21, 2012 10:19 PM
Jun 2008
I thought Kuroyuki appear in Haru's flashback in this episode .
Jul 21, 2012 10:35 PM
Feb 2011
Can anyone that has read the novel give an estimate of how long this arc will take? I really hate it already. I hope it won't last until episode 24 even though the op seems to be all about the Dusk Taker Arc. Won't be happy until I see Dusk Taker pummeled and buried in his realm.
Jul 21, 2012 10:44 PM

Oct 2008
JohnnySan said:

She's lost a lot of the awesomeness points she had during my initial impressions due to the fact that she just another girl in heat who wants Haru for absolutely no reason other than he's the main character of the series. I don't mind how Haru looks. This is not important. It's his spineless character, lack of confidence and any kind of redeeming quality that makes it so annoying. What's worse is that 15 episodes in, he's still basically the same.

Also, Chiyu just makes me want to vomit. Just break up with Taku already since you're head over heels for Haru...
Jul 21, 2012 10:54 PM

May 2012
Slim_Shadie said:
Can anyone that has read the novel give an estimate of how long this arc will take? I really hate it already. I hope it won't last until episode 24 even though the op seems to be all about the Dusk Taker Arc. Won't be happy until I see Dusk Taker pummeled and buried in his realm.

Errr.... well, like you said, the OP seems to be all about Dusk Taker arc... and based on the pattern of the previous 12 episodes.... so.... yeah....

Of course I want to remind everybody the rage thread I made way in advance: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=458141
;-)
Jul 21, 2012 10:58 PM

May 2012
Immahnoob said:

No, not really. It was a letdown for sure, but I still rate the episode 5 out of 5. I mean it can't be helped as that's the way it is from the source material.
Jul 21, 2012 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
yeah ... he lost his wings... and I was kinda like..."who cares"? He's such a bitch.

Ash Roller is a goddam bro tho...
Jul 21, 2012 11:18 PM

Apr 2012
pika2000 said:
Immahnoob said:

No, not really. It was a letdown for sure, but I still rate the episode 5 out of 5. I mean it can't be helped as that's the way it is from the source material.

I won't read the manga (or was it a novel?) until they finish all series of Accel World (if there's more than one season). I just don't wanna spoil it D:.

Autocrat said:
Jul 21, 2012 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
If Haru was able to overcome his inferiority complex as easily as some people want him to, then it wouldn't have been much of a problem in the first place. Right now he is missing his most important psychological support (who is off in Okinawa) so he's a little vulnerable. Let's not forget that Noumi is seriously twisted and evil as well, he's not only threatening Haru in the game, he is also blackmailing him irl as well as putting Chiyu through hell. One of the difficulties that victims of bullying face (and one of the reasons that they are victims in the first place) is that they can't tell anyone in authority--or that people in authority don't believe them. What I expect to see in the next couple of episodes is that Haru will receive a pep talk and some therapy from Ash and Sky Laker (who looks like she may have had her own obstacles to overcome).

As to complaints about how Noumi got an ability that persists after a battle, I think we have to accept that this game is a little buggy--witness the Calamity Armour that seems to twisting Haru's thinking (as Zhou suggested above). Of course on the other hand maybe this is a feature, not a bug, and Burstlink is as twisted a social experiment as SOA.
rodacJul 21, 2012 11:24 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 21, 2012 11:45 PM

May 2012
rodac said:
If Haru was able to overcome his inferiority complex as easily as some people want him to, then it wouldn't have been much of a problem in the first place. Right now he is missing his most important psychological support (who is off in Okinawa) so he's a little vulnerable. Let's not forget that Noumi is seriously twisted and evil as well, he's not only threatening Haru in the game, he is also blackmailing him irl as well as putting Chiyu through hell. One of the difficulties that victims of bullying face (and one of the reasons that they are victims in the first place) is that they can't tell anyone in authority--or that people in authority don't believe them. What I expect to see in the next couple of episodes is that Haru will receive a pep talk and some therapy from Ash and Sky Laker (who looks like she may have had her own obstacles to overcome).

Thumbs up. :)

People seems to want just another perfect hero that come out strong and instantly overcome everything, just another cliche. Anything less is unacceptable, "whiny," and "bitchy."
Jul 22, 2012 12:39 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was very unbearable. I fine with Haru getting threaten, but no boy/man would ever stand by and let his best-friend and a girl at that be a pet and threaten to be sexually harassed. Chiyu was crying and looking at Haru for protection and what he do? He starts crying! Real reassuring from you, does he really believe he's only use to his master because his wings? Haru will make it pass this, but he'll always be a bitch in my eyes for letting Chiyu end up like that.
i3aphometJul 22, 2012 12:58 AM
Jul 22, 2012 12:41 AM

Jul 2009
Fat useless fuck. Holy shit.
I almost punched my monitor LOL! Good job Taku, give him a virtual beating!
Jul 22, 2012 1:01 AM

Apr 2012
pika2000 said:
rodac said:

People seems to want just another perfect hero that come out strong and instantly overcome everything, just another cliche. Anything less is unacceptable, "whiny," and "bitchy."

To be honest, I went threw depression myself (not inferiority complex, I have a superiority complex XD), so I would know somewhat what Haru feels, even if you don't always get depressed for real from inferiority complex.

Haru is just a realistic, normal and shy 13 years old kid that goes threw a trauma. They didn't want him to be the perfect "shounen" character like you guys want him. Just because it's PG-13 it does not mean it has no deeper meaning behind it.

People just don't like seeing themselves in their shows >:D.

Autocrat said:
Jul 22, 2012 1:19 AM

Apr 2011
Kurogashi said:
Fat useless fuck. Holy shit.
I almost punched my monitor LOL! Good job Taku, give him a virtual beating!

Yea same here. It annoys the shit of me that he cries for every little fucking thing. :C Taku did me a favor by punching him lol If Haru grew a pair and stop crying every 5 mins i would totally like the show more. :)
Jul 22, 2012 3:17 AM

Jun 2007
Ouma Shu gets pathetic again..

It's nice to see his first opponent who will be the one motivating him..
Jul 22, 2012 3:24 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, Haru has fallen really low.
He should get his wings back in the next episode.
Kaguya said:
Ouma Shu gets pathetic again..

Lol indeed.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 22, 2012 5:32 AM
May 2012
Takumu should've avenge for Haruyuki's loss soon, I swear a god!

Damn, I really couldn't care less about Sky raker's appearance who's gonna lecture Haruyuki.
JafriZinJul 22, 2012 5:37 AM
Jul 22, 2012 5:46 AM

Jul 2011
Definitely not Haru's finest hour but Seji is a top antagonist. The dude makes my skin crawl and i really can't wait to see that smirk wiped of his face and i really hope it happens in a extremely devastating manner.
Jul 22, 2012 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
So why is an avatar inside a game in a wheelchair?

pika2000 said:
rodac said:

I disagree, there is a diffrence between being not perfect and being pathetic. This guy is just pathetic.
Jul 22, 2012 9:37 AM
May 2012
Omniknight said:
Radzeer said:
All this whining is making me sick. It's just a fucking game, it's not like your life's depending on it.

I admit I'm starting to get sick of watching this too.
15 episodes in and Haru really hasn't had any development. He's still shy and lacks confidence. The only thing that has changed is that he has wings and can somehow manage to find the balls to create a miracle and win certain impossible fights (i.e. dodging all of red kings attacks? fight against Taku with broken leg? Able to stop Yellow King's army?).

The girls are also getting irritating. They all fawn over him for absolutely no reason.
Chiyu especially. Taku is your boyfriend. If you don't want to be with him, break up with him...
Kuroyukihime has been absent a lot lately and even she fawns so much over Haru... Lost a lot of that awesomeness trait I initially thought she had. Red King is the only entertaining character as her mood swings were pretty fun to watch. The show right now really has no good character interactions and it doesn't help to introduce more characters which will appear for one episode and then be forgotten (remember level 1 aqua girl thing?).

The enemies and avatars also look so generic... I wouldn't mind so much if there was some good characterization and plot, but without the smaller things just put me off.

My 2 cents, not the most popular view of this show probably.

It's not just life can depends on it. It could be threatening. I mean I've been expecting something worse is going to happen in the later episodes.

You'll never know what's coming, people. You'll never know. *anxious*
JafriZinJul 22, 2012 9:41 AM
Jul 22, 2012 9:54 AM

Jul 2012
Monad said:
So why is an avatar inside a game in a wheelchair?

Jul 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
well honestly i really felt... the episode sucked with Dusk doing and getting what he wants and that Chiyu problem as well as with Taku and Haru... From sudden rise then sudden huge epic crash when Kurohime went to a field trip i feel like this feels the same as the certain series where the main voice actor for the main character is the same voice actor in this Accelerated World.

but not until Ash Roller starts rolling ;) episode became Giga Interesting again when he came by. Ye Ash roller i find more good of a character than the main character Haru...
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jul 22, 2012 1:37 PM

Feb 2012
Monad said:
I disagree, there is a diffrence between being not perfect and being pathetic. This guy is just pathetic.

You pretty much nailed it.
Jul 22, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2009
Crapshit, and I thought last episode at least he may be able to do something in the Accelerated World, turns out his ass got handed to him and he got pwned instead. I think "raped" would be a better word! o_O I can't wait to see how he'll serve Noumi his revenge in the future, I only hope it'll be very, very hell-freezing cold and turn "Dusk Taker" to "Dust Eater". *insert maniacal, evil laugh here*

The whole time they were fighting, I was gritting my teeth from anger of that cheating Noumi and how pathetic our fat, little, round MC is. His voice was grating on my ears the entire time he was whining and lashing out on Takumu in this episode, so when Takumu finally punched him, I wished he did it harder like smash him in the wall or something. >_<

The only thing I found happy about this episode is Ash Roller, the guy's being a complete bro. XP
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 22, 2012 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
Depressing episode. Only salvaging point was Ash who actually made me laugh.

Haru is a fucking idiot. I kept thinking "Baka! stop hitting him, he's building up his SP gauge" Aho ka?

Sure enough he gets owned and starts whinging like a bitch. To top it off he didn't even tell Taku either who actually has more brains. So glad when he punched him.

But then Ash made the episode bearable to watch.
Jul 22, 2012 6:07 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, that f*ck bastard sure pissed me, i hope haru beats the shit out of him for making Chiyu cry! 
Good to see haru makes another friend, that Ash is a a pretty good guy and with a cute guardian.. I'm sure after Haru gets some inspiring advice from her, his revenge for that bastard will be sweet..
Jul 22, 2012 8:40 PM

Mar 2012
Damn fag how could he blamed Taku like that WTF..!! Luckily Ash-san was there to made the mood better. Next eps about motivating our pig MC to get his spirit back >.>
Keep moving forward
Jul 22, 2012 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Well, this episode was definitely not as good as the other ones. One of the worst so far, even. That guy is a really typical d-bag villain. It looks like this whole arc thing is going to last for awhile. I liked the story a lot better when it was focusing on the different Legions, and how fragile the peace between them really is. But now it's just some individual story arc that probably won't have anything to do with the overall Accel World. I guess from the reappearance of Ash, onward it got better. The new character looks cool, and judging from the OP, the girl looks pretty cute. Hopefully this arc gets better fast.
Jul 23, 2012 12:06 AM

Nov 2011
Lucky for Haru that his friends are so ridiculously understanding and patient. An inferiority complex is one thing, but you can only expect people to sympathetic for so long, especially when you consider how good you really have it.
Jul 23, 2012 3:54 AM

Sep 2008
So much rage. I lol'd at how they censored the bike guy doing the fingers but didn't care when he was saying "shit". Not to mention they showed the finger from a different angle completely uncensored. What is the point in that?

Can't wait to see Noumi get owned.
Jul 23, 2012 6:15 AM

Aug 2008
wtf haru.. just wtf.... i really hate whinny main character like him *tableflip*
and it was so painful to see him accused taku like that, damn it._.

on the good side, Ash is so interesting lol
Jul 23, 2012 8:48 AM
Jul 2012
saaaaaaad;(
Jul 23, 2012 11:27 AM

Dec 2010
Im kinda confused, if he accelerated on the bus, is the bus still moving, so he would still be sitting there as the bus goes round and round?
Jul 23, 2012 11:32 AM

Apr 2012
PhantomEX said:
Im kinda confused, if he accelerated on the bus, is the bus still moving, so he would still be sitting there as the bus goes round and round?

Everything including him stops around him when he accelerates.

Autocrat said:
Jul 23, 2012 11:53 AM

May 2012
PhantomEX said:

Watch episode 1 again. 1 second in real life is about 16 minutes and 40 seconds in accelerated world. So yeah, in real life, Haru is there sitting on a bus, but for all the fight with Ash Roller scenes we watch in the accelerated world, it would only take less than a second in Haru's real life.
Jul 23, 2012 1:13 PM

May 2012
So much like everyone else, this episode just pushed my disdain for Haru off the charts. He was never a particularly 'good' character, but this episode, and the end of last, just made it worse.

The only interesting point in it is when he was actually mouthing off to Taku with that grin on his face. Can't be bothered to read through everyones comments, but I wonder if anyone thought it had something to do with the armor of calamity or whatever it is called which Haru now possesses? Keep in mind that it allegedly feeds off of the people who believe they are weak.
Jul 23, 2012 1:51 PM

Oct 2009
Am I the only one who noticed the Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo poster on the store window?
GogettersJul 23, 2012 1:54 PM
Jul 23, 2012 11:10 PM

May 2012
I have no idea why, but I want more Kuroyukihime.
Jul 24, 2012 1:14 AM

Aug 2010
Oh wow. If GC was bad, then this....this is tera bad. From the horribly overblown melodrama, to the characters acting flat out retarded, there was hardly anything salvageable in this episode. Probably Taku hitting Haru and the new character. Still 1/5, the absolute lowest point so far. Please bring back Kuroyukihime, she is the sole reason I'm watching this...show.
Jul 24, 2012 3:24 AM
May 2012
5layer said:
So much rage. I lol'd at how they censored the bike guy doing the fingers but didn't care when he was saying "shit". Not to mention they showed the finger from a different angle completely uncensored. What is the point in that?

Can't wait to see Noumi get owned.

I'm with you, kid.

This is only a beginning for us! I sense that something worst which it's yet to come!
JafriZinJul 24, 2012 3:27 AM
Jul 24, 2012 6:50 AM
Jan 2011
Yet another great episode.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

426 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.