Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 7, 2012 12:22 PM
Feb 2008
I was in the library while watching this, it was really hard to stay calm during the episode, especially when he killed the dog.
Oct 7, 2012 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
I havent read the manga, but first ep looks really promising
Oct 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
So generic it hurts.

LOL @ animal abuse censorship.
Oct 7, 2012 12:43 PM

Feb 2012
Come on, censored, really?!

Burn them, Oogami, burn them.
Oct 7, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
That right there. That's my shit. I'm in for some fun.
Oct 7, 2012 1:02 PM
Aug 2009
For quick view i saw, only censored on how ogami killed dog. But manga is very good, i hope they dont ruin anime. But for now 1st episode seem to be promesing.
Oct 7, 2012 1:06 PM

Apr 2011
kudos to the dog and may he RIP. Good 1st epd.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 7, 2012 1:18 PM
Aug 2011
Zhou said:
Come on, censored, really?!

Burn them, Oogami, burn them.

Zhou, this is made in Japan, right?

Fictional animal abuse > Fictional violent murders
Oct 7, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2010
Great 1st Episode haven't read the manga looks promising and Oogami was just awesome
Oct 7, 2012 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Overall good episode brings back some memories of first reading it. They better animate the Re:Codes arc or I'll be very angry.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Oct 7, 2012 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Hardcore! the only thing I didn't like is that the dog died ;(
Theme song are awesome
FTW Granrodeo and Suzumura Kenichi
xxanimeeeOct 8, 2012 2:07 PM
Oct 7, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
Animal abuse. Dog death. 1/5.
Oct 7, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
I don't like it that much, I expected more... awesomeness? Ogami is too arrogant for my liking and if he's an "evil" person just act that way and don't try to cover it up with the mr nice guy act, it's annoying and very transparant. Yeah...

Besides that I wonder what's the whole idea behind his powers/organisation/friends or whatever, I haven't read the manga so I'm a little curious.

But am I the only one bothered by all the character designs? I mean they look really meh meh and the colors (especially Sakura's hair) seems to really flat and something you'd expect from an anime more than 10 years ago? Or is that just me...?
Oct 7, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2012
I have my doubts
lets see what happens tho
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 7, 2012 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
So far i'm not too fond of Sakura and Oogami.
Mary Sue and Gary Sue..

And i HATE those people who kicked that cute dog >: (
Oct 7, 2012 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
Eh. Not really my type of anime. But interesting anyway.

En route for a 6.
Oct 7, 2012 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
manga is so MUCH better.
The voice actors are good though.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 7, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
Not sure how this will turn out... I also hope there won't be any more censorship...
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Oct 7, 2012 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
I can't beleive I actually liked this episode when I think that the manga is horrible.
Oct 7, 2012 3:54 PM

Feb 2008
This was effing generic but not as bad as I was expecting it to be. I shall it give 1 or 2 more episodes to interest me.
Oct 7, 2012 4:08 PM

Oct 2011
that distorted view of justice <3 Interesting, though would've been better IF the atmosphere would actually compliment/bring out the chillingness on a certain event.

eh in short, needs more of that cold blooded atmosphere :/

overall, it's great *Q*
Nope.
Oct 7, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
Damn... poor dog. It didn't deserve to be beaten up like that. Those bastards are better off dead. Hopefully, Sakuraouji isn't dead. Probably isn't but I'll read the manga just in case. For the people who thinks Ogami killing the dog was cruel and him being an asshole, that's not true. He said something about his organs and bones, probably stating that they're broken or punctured beyond repair. That's why he killed the dog. It's better off to end his life there then to hook him up with machines and tubes and making him suffer for the rest of his life. R.I.P dog.... You did well.
Oct 7, 2012 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
I like how Sakurakouji was completely oblivious to the fact that everyone assumed she liked Ogami, rather than becoming flustered and embarrassed like you'd expect. It makes her a more interesting character.

I agree it seems a bit generic, but it's well-done, and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I'm calling that Sakurakouji has some sort of weird power that makes her immune to Ogami's flames.

I can't wipe my butt with the shreds of a wedding dress!!

Oct 7, 2012 5:04 PM

May 2012
Interesting.. totally reminds me of Ao no exorcist though...
Oct 7, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
That would have been so awesome if he really killed her...although i know he didn't. A truly evil MC would be awesome.
Oct 7, 2012 5:42 PM

Mar 2012
Wut duh hell happened to that animation?!?! Oversized onigiri? 'Oversized' fanservice best friend? Dog with hover legs?

Really disliked the OP for some reason. Seemed too typically shonen and generic. ED a little better though for the song, and BGM meh..

Characters I couldn't really give a damn about. Oh well, only first episode so might not drop it yet....maybe...
Oct 7, 2012 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
that was sooo AmAzInG!!! omg! sakura is such an awesome character so far and the way she handled the situation despite there being paranormal interference was handled really well!

i really enjoyed seeing all the sides of her character, i felt so bad for the dog it breaks my heart whenever i see animals tortured even if it isn't real.. :( i hope she kicks rei's butt for that..atleast the thugs are dead..
Oct 7, 2012 8:26 PM

May 2012
If she's actually killed, this could be a much better anime than it appeared from first glance.
Oct 7, 2012 9:00 PM

Jan 2008
/watchers him burn her
/wut?
/checks anime page
/"Main Character"

Pftttttt

Also.
Animal abuse censorship. That's a first.
Oct 7, 2012 9:09 PM

May 2011
Pretty interesting start, I look forward to seeing more. Not a bad MC too!
The OP/ED are nice too, I prefer the ED more.
Wasn't expecting the girl to die though. :(
Oct 7, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2010
You shouldn't watch this show after watching episode one of "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!". Or else, you cannot suppress laughter when the protagonist throws fire from his hand.
kuroneko99Oct 7, 2012 10:44 PM
Oct 7, 2012 9:49 PM

Dec 2009
pfft, this animation is going to need some getting used to. It's so much different from the manga, but I'm not complaining. :) Yet....
Aaah, it's been ages since I've seen Oogami act all nice. xD Totally loved the voice acting~

btw...(spoilers from the manga!)
Oct 7, 2012 10:21 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Does anyone have a GIF of the moment when he answers his cellphone and the camera does a dramatic close-up to his face? I lol'd so much at that.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 7, 2012 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
I finally found what was bothering me with Sakura(yes I know she's annoying, I read the manga). Her eyes, they're huge. Her eyes are more slanted just like Oogami's eyes.
It bothers me that it's like that whenever she appears. And Hikasa Yoko doesn't fit her.
Oogami looks okay as well as the other C:B members. Lol at Heike and his sparkles.
Anyways, a great first episode just like the manga. It's a shame it gets shitty later on in the middle. Guessing from the OP, we'll just be covering up to Hitomi. Past that...
Oct 7, 2012 10:50 PM

Aug 2012
Very good for a first episode!
Great animation.
Dog.. :'(
So sad that he died, I really liked the dog. D: Oogami is so bad ass, just taking them out like trash :P
Hi...
Oct 7, 2012 10:54 PM

Nov 2009
Introduction/Screenshots/Discussion:
http://randomc.net/2012/10/07/codebreaker-01/
Oct 8, 2012 12:01 AM

Jan 2011
A pretty good first episode. Saw the blue flames and straight away thought of Ao No Exorcist. Funny how Ogami is also voiced by the VA who did Rin from ANE. xD The 'Sakurakouji confessed to Ogami. She got rejected' thing was so cheesy/generic yet hilarious. The animation was a bit weird for me, like the way the dog walked.

I totally didn't expect Ogami to 'burn' Sakura at the end. >=D But of course Sakura's still alive. Wonder what happened after that though.
Oct 8, 2012 12:17 AM

May 2012
Good first episode. Its like Ao No Exorcist but way more serious.
Oct 8, 2012 1:03 AM
Jul 2010
waterflame said:
main female character - yay me, I'm the absolutely typical anime girl, fighting for justice and truth, secretly dreaming of being a mahou shojo.
No, actually Sakura is probably dreaming of being a K1 fighter.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Yukihina is also going to appear along side him as shown in one of the previews. I can see Rui interacting with him because

Lamp said:
A good point of the manga is to not know who is and who is not a Code:Breaker, but with this opening, ending and the images they showed, they ruined that "mystery".
Actually major spoiler --->

Speaking of which, I wonder if they will keep that HUGE foreshadowing they did in chapter 2? Would be fun if they animated it.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Heike was also supposed to appear to be a antagonist.
Umm what? No he wasn't!

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
How do you think people will react to the "Lost States"?
In all honesty, they might actually have removed the lost states altogheter from the anime. If you think about it the lost state was just and still is just a contrived Deus Ex Machina that Kamiyo introduced. It really isn't needed.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
They really pulled out horrible cliches in the school related stuff.
That was in order to establish the school as a "normal anime school" for the viewers. Its needed as a stark contrast to the rest of the show.

-Quasar said:
Hopefully, this is just until Hitomi's arc since it's only the good part of the manga. It gets really shitty later on.
Not true, the best arc was the "Revenger arc" and that one came MUCH later. But your right, the start of the manga was much better... but I feel this is because the first chapters were 60-40 pages each... not 20 pages.

DCalfine said:
Wut duh hell happened to that animation?!?! Oversized onigiri? 'Oversized' fanservice best friend?
The Onigir was actually bigger in teh manga. Sakura has a BIG appetite. As for Aoba being oversized? Are you talking about her boobs or her height? If her boobs then no, she supposedly has a 98cm bust. If you are talking about her height then you are right though... she is supposed to only reach Sakura to her nose and Ogami to his shoulders but the animators screwed that up.

QwaserRailgun said:
You're not the only one, I agree with you. Major spoiler follows -->
Oct 8, 2012 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
the flames certainly reminds me of Blue Excorcist. pretty good start
Oct 8, 2012 3:09 AM

May 2010
Damn those punks beating up dat dog, that shit make me hella mad i cant stand to see something like that.
Oct 8, 2012 3:37 AM
May 2012
No i dont want this. Is sakura dead or what? but overall the anime was osm but come on.... is sakura still alive?
Oct 8, 2012 4:13 AM

Aug 2010
Looks okayish so far, they balanced out the funny and serious moments quite well. I feel sorry for the dog and Sakurakouji is in quite a pinch...4/5.
Oct 8, 2012 4:21 AM

Oct 2009
Great job with this episode but didn't exactly catch the feeling the manga had, still great animation, nice OST..and yeah the eyes of the characters are too shiny and stuff not C:B style, great start! Nice OP, awesome ED!
Oct 8, 2012 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
Well ... that sucked.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2012 6:38 AM

Mar 2012
Yavie said:
waterflame said:
main female character - yay me, I'm the absolutely typical anime girl, fighting for justice and truth, secretly dreaming of being a mahou shojo.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Yukihina is also going to appear along side him as shown in one of the previews. I can see Rui interacting with him because

Lamp said:
A good point of the manga is to not know who is and who is not a Code:Breaker, but with this opening, ending and the images they showed, they ruined that "mystery".

Speaking of which, I wonder if they will keep that HUGE foreshadowing they did in chapter 2? Would be fun if they animated it.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Umm what? No he wasn't!

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
In all honesty, they might actually have removed the lost states altogheter from the anime. If you think about it the lost state was just and still is just a contrived Deus Ex Machina that Kamiyo introduced. It really isn't needed.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
That was in order to establish the school as a "normal anime school" for the viewers. Its needed as a stark contrast to the rest of the show.

-Quasar said:
Hopefully, this is just until Hitomi's arc since it's only the good part of the manga. It gets really shitty later on.
Not true, the best arc was the "Revenger arc" and that one came MUCH later. But your right, the start of the manga was much better... but I feel this is because the first chapters were 60-40 pages each... not 20 pages.

DCalfine said:
Wut duh hell happened to that animation?!?! Oversized onigiri? 'Oversized' fanservice best friend?
The Onigir was actually bigger in teh manga. Sakura has a BIG appetite. As for Aoba being oversized? Are you talking about her boobs or her height? If her boobs then no, she supposedly has a 98cm bust. If you are talking about her height then you are right though... she is supposed to only reach Sakura to her nose and Ogami to his shoulders but the animators screwed that up.

QwaserRailgun said:

Well that explains the onigiri. And I meant her boobs.

And my comment about the dog? The way it walks (or should I say, run at a very slow pace), does that look right to you?
Oct 8, 2012 6:44 AM

Sep 2010
Strong main characters are a plus. Otherwise I didn't really like it.
Oct 8, 2012 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
I hope that girl is dead, she really got on my nerves. And lol at that dog (I felt sorry for him, but he was drawn in quite a funny way...wasn't he?). The first episode wasn't that good, but I really like evil main characters, so I have a feeling this show might get more interesting for me. Let's wait for the next ep.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 8, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2008
KingLear said:
I hope that girl is dead, she really got on my nerves. And lol at that dog (I felt sorry for him, but he was drawn in quite a funny way...wasn't he?). The first episode wasn't that good, but I really like evil main characters, so I have a feeling this show might get more interesting for me. Let's wait for the next ep.

Sorry to disapoint but that girl is the MC, so she's not dead.
Also she's a million time less annoying than in the manga imo.
Oct 8, 2012 8:53 AM
Aug 2011
Yavie said:
waterflame said:

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Lamp said:

What foreshadowing are you referring to?
I went through that chapter quickly and saw nothing.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Umm what? No he wasn't!

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
How can you say that lost states aren't needed?

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

-Quasar said:
This was only chapter 1,2 & 3. The rest were all ±20.
Seekers arc is the best imo. Then revenger arc.

By the way, what is the name of the arc where

DCalfine said:
I think her height is more fitting in the anime.

QwaserRailgun said:

I think you're looking at that part too deeply. It probably wasn't even intended to appear so.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeOct 8, 2012 8:58 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2012

163 by AyanAliShah »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

70 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.