Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2011 11:37 PM

May 2010
I know this more like a filler but I still like it
Dec 6, 2011 1:39 AM
Mar 2009
Haha, "kind" father that sold out your sister.

Damn, a city like Fuyuki is THAT deserted at night? That doesn't seem right.

Wow, Caster was summoned this early? I thought he was one of the last Servants to be called upon.

Ugh, Kariya. The more I see him, the more I get saddened that he definitely will lose. He needs to get him a suit of plot armor. The only person in the war who's trying to win for someone else and he's gonna get ownt. Probably by his own Servant to boot.
Dec 6, 2011 1:49 AM

May 2008
Even if this was filler, I thought this was still a very good episode. It was great to see Rin again, she was one of my favorite's in Fate/stay night. The episode itself was a nice little break from main story and it had good character development with Rin and her father. Its nice to see that every now and then.

I don't know why some are saying this episode was boring because in my opinion it wasn't, so stop bitching about it. (Side note: I'm a lot more respectful about other people's opinions but in this case, I'M NOT FOR THIS ONE.)

Now we have only 3 more episodes to go, man does time fly.
Dec 6, 2011 2:56 AM

Dec 2010
The adventures of rin tohsaka when she was a child :3 Shes' cute! I Love her even moar :)
Dec 6, 2011 5:06 AM

Aug 2009
L-O-V-E TOU-SA-KA!

Her intelligence saved the day. And I didn't expect her to be that social.
Dec 6, 2011 10:42 AM

Aug 2011
This was actually my favorite episode yet. (Even somehow topping episode 5.)

Loved the Rin focus. Loved the amazing visuals. Loved the dark and foreboding atmosphere.

TitanioVerde said:
L-O-V-E TOU-SA-KA!

She didn't become the way she was in F/SN until bad shit happened to her.
Dec 6, 2011 1:05 PM

Sep 2010
Topgunuk69 said:
AidanAK47 said:
After reading through these posts I have one thing to say.

LEARN THE FUCKING MEANING OF FILLER YOU RETARDS.
No. This wasn't filler. Developing characters is not filler. Revealing a massive frigging plot point is not filler. Moving the story along is not bloody filler.
This episode did all that. Whether you believe it or not. I admit though that it wasn't the strongest episode but I peg it as enjoyable non the less.

You're the fucking retard.

Much of it was filler, this is an adaptation of a Novel, they added stuff that didn't happen in the source material to fill time.

That's the very definition of filler, of course the whole thing wasn't filler, some of it was important to the plot and actually happened in the Novel, but they stretched it out to fill a whole episode with the other stuff.

And filler can still be enjoyable, you don't have to take it as an insult and respond in kind.

I love you and this comment. <3

Also nice to see it has the lowest rankings of the bunch so far. At least people have discernible judgment.

If wasn't for the music, the gorgeous animation and the original scenes animated I would have ranked this a 1 instead of 3.
Dec 6, 2011 2:08 PM
Apr 2011
Rin <3!! I love the episode even though some parts of the episode contains filler material. I look forward to the next episode. ^^
Dec 6, 2011 5:04 PM
Dec 2007
DraconisMarch said:
This was actually my favorite episode yet. (Even somehow topping episode 5.)

Loved the Rin focus. Loved the amazing visuals. Loved the dark and foreboding atmosphere.

TitanioVerde said:
L-O-V-E TOU-SA-KA!

She didn't become the way she was in F/SN until bad shit happened to her.
Well, at this point she's not even carrying the responsibility of being the head of the Tohsaka. You can half blame bad shit happening and half the fact she's so tied with the rules of the magi (as the head of the Tohsaka and "Second owner" of Fuyuki) that she just decided to cut off any and all social interactions in order to evade putting othrs at risk. Rule 101 of a Magus is that if anyone catches you using Socery, that person has to be killed in order to keep the secret intact.

Although that's if you base it on just the 15 days shown in F/SN. If you see other works AND Hollow Ataraxia you will see she still had some social interactions, especially with the Captain of the Archery Club and the girl threesome from the Track and Field Club
Leon-GunDec 6, 2011 5:07 PM

Dec 6, 2011 5:31 PM

Jan 2011
I don't really mind filler as long as they aren't just blatantly obvious they are there to just take up space.

All these die hard "fans" of Type Moon shouldn't complain. I've seen worse. Besides, you can't deny it was adorable watching Tohsaka Rin as a child. ;)
Dec 6, 2011 6:16 PM

Jan 2010
Weak episode? Well yeah. Bad episode? Nope.

Full of filler? Definitely. Bad filler? Hell no.

Fan service? Blatant. Bad fan service? Ehh...I'm a Rin fan, so what do I know. Though, the part where she grabbed Ryuunosuke, I just went "come on, really?"

Strayed from the novel yeah, and even though I like Rin, I wish there could had been more to this episode, especially since it's getting real close to the end of the season. But still, I think a lot of us have seen what BAD fillers look like. I still have high hopes for Fate/zero.
Dec 6, 2011 9:19 PM

Jun 2008
Shocked said:
Strayed from the novel yeah, and even though I like Rin, I wish there could had been more to this episode, especially since it's getting real close to the end of the season. But still, I think a lot of us have seen what BAD fillers look like. I still have high hopes for Fate/zero.

Finally, another person who likes Rin but isn't biased by Rin.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 7, 2011 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
I laughed at the bad german that magic book spoke :P
Dec 7, 2011 9:14 AM

Nov 2009
kaimax said:
Shocked said:

Finally, another person who likes Rin but isn't biased by Rin.

Sakura = Saber > Rin ;-)

I think the problem of this ep was pacing... This is a standalone story, so it wouldnt be nice to have another part of the story in this ep (like the start of kings feast), so they had to add more stuff. It wasnt bad, but they were stretching it a bit (Im mean then end; the start with tokiomi was nice)... So in the end we get a nice ep, but wich is trying to do more than it can...
Dec 7, 2011 9:45 AM

Dec 2010
Lapan said:
I laughed at the bad german that magic book spoke :P

lmao me too. I just gave a blank stare "Stiff what?" and I found that part more hilarious more then anything. Hahaha, t'was gold. too bad it ruined a rather serious scene....

Ah, Kariya. <3 You and your attempt to smile are just so fucking creepy. Its okay though, being a living beehive probably does a number on you. Still, good job saving Rin! God knows how many pieces that thing would've had her in.
Dec 7, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2011
How fan service should be done =p. It wasn't exactly all a filler though, even though it did cover a significantly smaller portion as mentioned above. It did develop the characters further. And I don't really mind a filler, it's been mainly incessant storyline up till now, a small break doesn't really hurt, as long as the series manages to encapsulate everything by the end; without it being rushed too much.

mdzDec 7, 2011 7:29 PM
Dec 7, 2011 8:28 PM

Feb 2010
Forgot to mention this earlier in my comment but like many others have mentioned, I think this filler does at least an excellent job developing the relationship between Rin and her father. I think this part is at least necessary, even though it wasn't as elaborated in the novel.
Dec 8, 2011 3:08 AM

Feb 2011
Favorite tsundere <333

Lolified Rin.
Dec 8, 2011 3:13 AM

Dec 2010
sallym613 said:
I think this filler does at least an excellent job developing the relationship between Rin and her father.

Tokiomi may be a jerk in the eyes of non-magus, but he's an ideal magus and a pretty good leader. Too bad for his piss poor judge of character.

I still hate him, but at least this episode did humanize him somewhat. Though I like the Kariya and Ryuunosuke screentime more then anything else this entire episode. Oh yes, and the gratuitous German speaking grimoire of evulz.

XxshizxX said:
Favorite tsundere <333

Lolified Rin.

Would go great with shota Gil....
Dec 8, 2011 6:40 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode, Rin and her father's development was pretty good, and the episode had some very powerful scenes. And we finally see more Kariya, and man is he a mess? What a sad existence :(

And wtf is with all the posts going as if Fate/Zero was ruined? This series didn't even end, not to mention it has another season ahead of it. The fuck? People expect and judge too much.
VeethornDec 8, 2011 6:46 AM
Dec 8, 2011 7:51 AM

Oct 2010
This episode isn't bad, but it's not very good either. Rin's appearance does seems interesting at first, but the whole concept of Rin saving her friends from a psychotic killer isn't suited to F/Z's dark mood at all. It doesn't help that half of this episode is an 'anime-exclusive material' (I don't know why they like to make 'anime-exclusive materials' so much in animes, even though many animes have been criticized for it).

The catch is, if they have decided to include such happy-ended 'filler' into this supposed-to-be-painful-to-watch anime, then we could expect them to troll us more in 2nd season (or even in the ending), especially considering the fact that Urobuchi loves trolling (after what he did in his other works), maybe we shouldn't expect this anime to end like it should be in the original material. They might as well make multiple endings like in Clannad to satisfy all segments of fans.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Dec 8, 2011 8:46 AM

Jun 2008
^They can't troll the end, it's a prequel to Fate/stay night remember? It's not like Sakura will be saved in the end or Saber will stay to live with shota Shirou.
Dec 8, 2011 10:48 AM

May 2009
MAL users on this thread:"This was a filler episode!!! This anime is RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!"

*Kariya's motives are revealed
*Tokiomi's and Rin's character development
*Aoi realizing that Tokiomi and Kariya are bound to fight

Holy shit, pepole are sure retarded, aren't they?
Dec 8, 2011 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
Arashi89 said:
MAL users on this thread:"This was a filler episode!!! This anime is RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!"

*Kariya's motives are revealed
*Tokiomi's and Rin's character development
*Aoi realizing that Tokiomi and Kariya are bound to fight

Holy shit, pepole are sure retarded, aren't they?

Those three things that you mentioned were pretty much the only content from the original novel. They were also crammed into the last three minutes of the episode to make room for more lolicon fanservice. So yeah, the anime original content pretty much sucked. If they had either just stuck to the novel or had simply avoided turning Fate Zero into a moe anime, then no one would be saying anything, because it'd be at the exact same quality level as the previously aired episodes, if not better. They really dropped the ball on this one and I have no idea what they were thinking. They could've taken more of the filler time to develop Kariya and Aoi, but God only knows why they decided to go this route.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Dec 8, 2011 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
>lolicon fanservice
>moe anime
*FACEPALM*
Dec 8, 2011 11:50 AM

Jul 2007
belatkuro said:
>lolicon fanservice
>moe anime
*FACEPALM*

Because this episode totally wasn't an attempt at moe fanservice, amirite? It was an episode largely focused upon making Rin look as cute as possible.
LunarMoonDec 8, 2011 12:05 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Dec 8, 2011 11:59 AM

May 2009
LunarMoon said:
belatkuro said:
>lolicon fanservice
>moe anime
*FACEPALM*

Because this episode totally wasn't attempt at moe fanservice, amirite? It was an episode largely focused upon making Rin look as cute as possible.

Because fighting a serial killer is the most kawaii thing one can ever do, right? In fact, Rin was sooo moe when she was helpless against Ryuunosuke. And when Caster's monster attacked her and she would have certainly died if only Kariya wasn't there, that was one of the best scenes of moe fanservice I have ever seen! Anime such as Azumanga Daioh and K-on would have been much cuter if they dedicated one episode to a serial killer that wants to murder the protagonists!
Arashi89Dec 8, 2011 12:08 PM
Dec 8, 2011 12:06 PM
Dec 2007
Arashi89 said:
LunarMoon said:
belatkuro said:
>lolicon fanservice
>moe anime
*FACEPALM*

Because this episode totally wasn't attempt at moe fanservice, amirite? It was an episode largely focused upon making Rin look as cute as possible.

Because fighting a serial killer is the most kawaii thing one can ever do, right?
Yeah, being on the brink of getting your innards turned into "masterpieces" (as Ryonosuke would put it) is totally cute. Geez, people just react with hate at the first sight of any and all original content regardless of it's quality.

Dec 8, 2011 5:49 PM

Dec 2010
Arashi89 said:

Because fighting a serial killer is the most kawaii thing one can ever do, right?

Damn straight. Just ask the Yasoinaba Scooby gang, they'll agree. IT'S SO CUTE IT'LL GIVE YOU DIABETES. The instantly fatal kind.

But no, just no. Rin is cute but I was more horrified of her turning a corner and seeing 'artwork' completely uncensored and in my face. As much as I adore Ryuunosuke for his campy personality, I just couldn't handle that.

Kariya saved Rin, and good thing. Those squidbilly things are really,really creepy. Just because anyone with an imagination can think of all the fun ways they'll tear you apart.

This episode was full on gonk, and while they came short of showing a loli pantsu shot, they didn't. So no fanservice. Hell, Rider wasn't even in this-*shot*
Dec 8, 2011 7:01 PM

Dec 2010
Less Rin, more Kariya.
Dec 9, 2011 3:21 AM

Aug 2011
AND NOW, PICTURES OF EPISODE 11

AWESOME!!

TOMORROW FOLKS
Dec 9, 2011 5:15 AM

May 2009
Oh man, it's going to be so good; I can't wait. Looking fabulous as ever, Gil.
Dec 9, 2011 5:55 AM

Dec 2011
Gamaliel said:

AWESOME!!

TOMORROW FOLKS
s

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>w<
Time waits for no one.
Dec 9, 2011 8:58 AM

Aug 2010
OMG I Can't fricken wait!!!
Dec 9, 2011 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
Gamaliel said:

AWESOME!!

TOMORROW FOLKS

Did we express our love and gratitude for Gamaliel yet? We love you, thank you.

kaimax said:
Honestly, this episode is now officially overrated and overpraised just because of Rin.

Probably, but maybe not that much. I mean it does feel weird with the rest of Fate/Zero, but as a standalone filler story it was pretty good. When voting for a "episode grade" I felt perplexed, compared to other episodes it felt like a 3-3.5 on the Fate/Zero scale, but the episode by itself was quite good, as in better than some other anime/stories airing right now. Since this is the thread for that specific episode and doesn't really have guidelines of what criteria to use I can accept this being given 4-5s.
Faker_Dec 9, 2011 1:44 PM
Dec 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Oct 2010
Gamaliel said:

AWESOME!!

TOMORROW FOLKS
Quite the power house with Alexander/Saber and Gilgamesh whom I hate. Alexander has a nice blush. Girls will like that who watch this most likely. I for one cannot wait to see some Saber/Irisviel.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 10, 2011 11:37 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Faker_ said:
Probably, but maybe not that much. I mean it does feel weird with the rest of Fate/Zero, but as a standalone filler story it was pretty good. When voting for a "episode grade" I felt perplexed, compared to other episodes it felt like a 3-3.5 on the Fate/Zero scale, but the episode by itself was quite good, as in better than some other anime/stories airing right now. Since this is the thread for that specific episode and doesn't really have guidelines of what criteria to use I can accept this being given 4-5s.

More or less my thoughts. I found the episode really good. Besides, as long as it's not overdone I always enjoy learning more about the background and setting of a story and its characters. Oh, and because I care FAR more about destroying Caster and Ryuunosuke than I do any silly squabbles over a stupid drinking cup, I enjoyed seeing Ryuunosuke get screwed with.
Dec 10, 2011 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
I thought this episode was great, always wanted to see Rin's childhood after watching Fate S/N. Yes, it wasn't part of the main story, but it helped establish Rin's and Kariya's character a bit more.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Dec 10, 2011 8:52 PM

Mar 2011
That book was full of win.
Dec 11, 2011 1:56 AM

Mar 2010
People who lacks of intelligence shouldn't be bothered. Let them be guys. Let them wallowing in their own stupidity for not understand a single flow that runs within this series . *smile but not smile* . C:

Anyway this episode is so amazing ! I mean , its my favorite characters since I was 10 years old ! its no other than rin tohsaka ! xD

and omg , the scene where she walks alone searching for her dear friend kotone gave me a goosebumps. Anyway , this episode successfully entertain me , and I learned many things about Rin , so I would not really call this 'a filler' , that totally craps.

Don't want to say more , I want to watch the next episode now ! xD (i just finished watching this episode and then straightly go to mal f/z ep 10 thread :)

5/5. Congratulations :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2011 4:09 AM

Sep 2010
Jack_Rav said:
Less Rin, more Kariya.

All my +1
Dec 11, 2011 11:26 PM

May 2009
Yay RIN!!!
Knowing how this war ends really makes the conversation between Aoi and Kariya even more sad.
Dec 14, 2011 9:39 AM

Mar 2008
mhm... filler episode...
it sucked because i waited for caster to appear the whole time!!
weakest episode till now imho..
it was okaaaay but totally unnecessary..
excited for next episode:)
Dec 19, 2011 6:55 AM

Sep 2010
I liked this episode.
Loli Rin is cute :3
Also, Kariya appeared. Dear God, that man is great O:
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Dec 22, 2011 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
So, this is one for the Rin fans, eh? It's interesting to see how polarizing this episode was for the users. Good to see some Tohsaka father-daughter interaction, it makes one think of how Tokiomi influenced Rin's thinking and methods. All the focus on Rin feels a bit out of place, though.

More screentime for Kariya and Ryuunosuke is also good, seeing as how they are the Masters with the least screentime. Heck, I appreciate every single bit of information about Kariya just because he appears so rarely. Since the Matou way of "training" their magi is so destructive to the person, I think I can see one of the factors why they're having succession problems now. Looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 23, 2011 9:38 PM

Aug 2009
Wait did Rin actually save her friend in the novel? I don't remember her getting that far into the mission before fainting.
Dec 24, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2011
I now love little Rin even MORE, her determination is just so wonderful.

0_0 Dear god, Caster's Master scares the living DAYLIGHTS out of me when he tries to go after Rin.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 24, 2011 1:00 PM

May 2011
Fucking horrible episode.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 28, 2011 2:57 AM

Jul 2010
Felt like a filler, although Im sure it was useful to character development.

lol @ me playing catch up with fate/zero
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2011 3:01 AM

May 2010
A filler episode, yet I was quite entertained. Don't get me wrong it may not apply to the story but I do like this episode. Me <3 Rin!!

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

699 by DZento »»
Jun 21, 11:14 PM

» Why do people like season one

Mooogle - Jun 9

20 by Ain2Zwei »»
Jun 20, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

39 by renz330 »»
Jun 16, 3:42 AM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.