Forum Settings
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2012 5:23 AM

Jun 2009
In the beginning of the movie. I thought Fuwa Fuwa Time as the ending closing song would be nice. Well they did, impressed.

Overall very satisfying movie, from the engrish, the songs, london hijinks and closing the K-ON! series. The people who are wishing for a sequel should be ashamed especially if you're a fan.
Jul 20, 2012 6:09 AM

Sep 2011
Finally a movie with proper English by foreigners? Haha XD

Well it was a satisfying wait; enjoyed it a lot :)
Jul 20, 2012 6:34 AM

Jun 2009
Azu-cat!! Azu-nyan nyan nyan nyaan~

Best movie ever, yay! All the wait was worth it, aye! Graduation ;_; naayyy~!
KyoAni did a good job, naisu.

Jul 20, 2012 6:38 AM

Aug 2010
Absolutely Beautiful...Loved it a lot

Touching ending and Awesome Animation.

Totally deserves to be in top 50 ranking on MAL
Jul 20, 2012 6:55 AM

Aug 2010
Btw what r the titles of the songs sung during the classroom gig?
Jul 20, 2012 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
omg i didn't know yui and ui had a mom and a dad! hahaha

EDIT after finished it: Great movie! Too bad I already love the last song by heart, it had a less good impact on me. I LOVED the Ending sequence! <3 Ritsu with hair down! Goodbye K-on!
KuriniJul 20, 2012 2:30 PM
Jul 20, 2012 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
Loved it.
Jul 20, 2012 8:38 AM

Dec 2007
-Quasar said:
The people who are wishing for a sequel should be ashamed especially if you're a fan.

Why? The K-ON girls are always at their best with KyoAni in charge. This movie shows that KyoAni is far better at handling the Light Music Club girls than Kakifly is. I've read the manga and holy shit is it ever boring and monotonous. There's a reason that barely anybody read it at all before KyoAni made their adaptation. I'm not surprised that the two manga set after the main quartet's graduation got cancelled/finished early. And KyoAni would do a hell of a lot better at a K-ON: The College Years than kakifly did.
Jul 20, 2012 8:50 AM
Nov 2011
When you think Tenshi ni fureta yo doesn't have enough feelings, they put more feelings...

Excellent movie. I really would like to go in trip with my friends like they did, I'm pretty sure we'll do random stuff as they did.

BTW. Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road. It's now official XD

Hades_LightJul 20, 2012 8:53 AM
Jul 20, 2012 8:53 AM

May 2009
Barion-Zara said:
Btw what r the titles of the songs sung during the classroom gig?

Samidare 20 Love (the one Mio sings) and U&I.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2012 9:49 AM

May 2010
I love every moment in this movie, they did a fabulous job !!
Jul 20, 2012 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
(about my "performance scenes fails" post)
Cloudy-Sky said:
Well man... Yeah that's maximum nitpicking.

Of course it is! :D I was just pointing out some fails and inconsistencies. I don't think that the movie is bad because of that. I'm well aware that those issues are trivial and most people won't even spot them. Heck, even I found them only during the third watching of the movie, after looking really closely at 1080p video. So it doesn't affect my opinion about the movie in any way :)

It's just a pity that in all the KyoAni's attention to detail, carefully reproducing every (visual) nuance of the instruments, locations, and sometimes even clothing, they didn't put as much effort into making the video match the audio in performance scenes ;)

Also, if you want some explanation on things you said you have no idea what I am talking about... in the spoiler.
Jul 20, 2012 10:47 AM

Jun 2010
-Quasar said:
The people who are wishing for a sequel should be ashamed especially if you're a fan.
I don't see why should a fan be ashamed if they are hoping for a season 3. Everybody knows that there's still enough material for a third season. Im sure everybody want to see the college look of Mio, Ritsu, Yui and Mugi. Everybody are intrigue on what will happen to the Light Music Club after the four girls graduated.

I am forcing myself not to read the Manga because there's a huge possibility of a season three. So tell me, Why should we(fans) be ashamed?
Jul 20, 2012 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
Good movie it nicely finished the high school part of the manga :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2008
-MgZ_ said:
-Quasar said:
I don't see why should a fan be ashamed if they are hoping for a season 3. Everybody knows that there's still enough material for a third season. Im sure everybody want to see the college look of Mio, Ritsu, Yui and Mugi. Everybody are intrigue on what will happen to the Light Music Club after the four girls graduated.

I am forcing myself not to read the Manga because there's a huge possibility of a season three. So tell me, Why should we(fans) be ashamed?

I think his point is just that it already wrapped up perfectly and that there's no reason to continue it beyond this, especially when it's highly likely that the end product won't ever be able to match up to the standards set here with the movie. It's a beautiful ending and it might as well be impossible to ever match up to this again. We should be happy that they made the movie in the first place instead of just ending after the TV anime. Can't be asking for too much, right?

Still, every fan of the series definitely wants more material and I'm a part of that too. I'd only want it though if it was just as good as the second season.
Jul 20, 2012 11:12 AM
Mar 2012
Dat feel when there will be no more K-on ;_;
Jul 20, 2012 11:45 AM

Jun 2010
Veronin said:

I think his point is just that it already wrapped up perfectly and that there's no reason to continue it beyond this, especially when it's highly likely that the end product won't ever be able to match up to the standards set here with the movie. It's a beautiful ending and it might as well be impossible to ever match up to this again. We should be happy that they made the movie in the first place instead of just ending after the TV anime. Can't be asking for too much, right?

Still, every fan of the series definitely wants more material and I'm a part of that too. I'd only want it though if it was just as good as the second season.

I get the point. That is certainly very true... IF, the remaining material in the manga isn't better or as good as the previous one. You can actually apply that to other great Anime like Angel Beats, Steins;Gate, Madoka, Death Note, etc.. It will fit a lot more to these examples. That's because their main strength is their story. K-ON's focus isn't really the story but the comedy and music. Basically, Comedy > Music > Story in K-ON.

If KyoAni makes a season 3, Im sure a lot would be pleased. Yes, yes. You're right. They should only make one if they think that the season three will be as good or will be better than its prequels. I believe KyoAni could make another hit with a season three because I trust them.
Jul 20, 2012 12:21 PM

Apr 2012
That was bloody wonderful.
Jul 20, 2012 1:35 PM

Aug 2011
I loved it!! And the ending was great!
Jul 20, 2012 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
-MgZ_ said:
I get the point. That is certainly very true... IF, the remaining material in the manga isn't better or as good as the previous one. You can actually apply that to other great Anime like Angel Beats, Steins;Gate, Madoka, Death Note, etc.. It will fit a lot more to these examples. That's because their main strength is their story. K-ON's focus isn't really the story but the comedy and music. Basically, Comedy > Music > Story in K-ON.

If KyoAni makes a season 3, Im sure a lot would be pleased. Yes, yes. You're right. They should only make one if they think that the season three will be as good or will be better than its prequels. I believe KyoAni could make another hit with a season three because I trust them.

Problem with remaining source material is that it's not as good. Ok there are funny moments but they would have to do two-way series:
Jul 20, 2012 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
The movie is pretty good. The ost and animation are great as expected.
The OP song has a nice feeling, it sounds like something come from Aria.
It could have been better though , i feel they didnt capitalize london to it's potensial , they could be anywhere and the story would be the same.
The Engrish are awesome , especially when improvising gohan wo okazu , can't stop laughing at that part.

i always wandering , do japanese really suck in english ?
Jul 20, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2011
That was AWESOME!
After nearly w year of waiting anf it finally came out!
So funny, sweet and cute!
I wouldn't mind more K-ON!

9/10
Jul 20, 2012 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
The songs (besides one or two Engrish moments) were really the only parts I enjoyed. The rest, especially the 45 min that led up to the trip (how did it even take that long), was pretty dull.

Edit: If they were actually a hard rock/metal band, that would have been awesome.
JoshJul 20, 2012 4:06 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 20, 2012 3:55 PM

Dec 2009
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 20, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome Movie Definitely worth the wait
10/10

hope it gets a 3rd season
Jul 20, 2012 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
Enjoyed the ED the most of the whole movie. Hikasa really is something..
Also, Mugi fans reunite..
Jul 20, 2012 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
holy frick the movie was AWESOME!! enjoyed every second of it, just like the anime series.
Jul 20, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
This movie was one of the best movies i watched so far, i don't like it.... I LOVE IT!! the art was great too ^-^
But really, great movie, i really enjoyed it... and the ending was touching and so cute <3
it would be really great if there was more k-on :D

huh... so i guess this is the end of fuwa fuwa time... maybe i'll rewatch k-on ^^

Your life is just little part of this world...

Jul 20, 2012 6:32 PM

Sep 2010
Guys! There are a lot of comments I agree with.

Voice actors? Brilliant!

Comedy and sentimental scenes combined successfully? Check!

The fiction generally? Perfect. They travelled to England, and everything was well thought. Even the train station, airport, the plane inside, etc. I compared with real life experiences and travels I had, and it was just amazingly very very well done.

Sawa-chan was included just nice again.

And you girls got me crying despite my age...

I started K-ON! adventures overall 3 years ago, and now they graduated from HS while I graduated from college just a month ago. So sentimental...

ALSO:

I roughly checked the manga, there are 78 chapters in total. As some of you may know, it just ended last month. And I guess the anime parts altogether covered until chapter 52. Sooooo, there is a huge possibility for a Season 3 I think, or maybe OVAs.

Hope to see the girls again some time. ^_^

Thank you all!
sevkiJul 20, 2012 6:40 PM
Jul 20, 2012 7:04 PM

Jun 2009
Meddigo said:
Why? The K-ON girls are always at their best with KyoAni in charge. This movie shows that KyoAni is far better at handling the Light Music Club girls than Kakifly is. I've read the manga and holy shit is it ever boring and monotonous. There's a reason that barely anybody read it at all before KyoAni made their adaptation. I'm not surprised that the two manga set after the main quartet's graduation got cancelled/finished early. And KyoAni would do a hell of a lot better at a K-ON: The College Years than kakifly did.

It's not the adaptation of the source material I'm talking about because I know KyoAni will do just fine on it but great conclusion of the movie and series in general. A sequel will ruin all the emotion invested in the final episodes of tv series second season and the movie. Admittedly, I felt a little bit emotional in the final episodes of the second season. Not so much in the movie (though it's still there).

All good things must come to an end and this is the perfect time for K-ON! for that.
Jul 20, 2012 7:28 PM

Dec 2007
It was worth getting the 1080 version.

Would have thought Mugi's English was better than everyone else's. lol
Jul 20, 2012 9:40 PM

Oct 2009
As other people have said, there isn't much point to having a 3rd season, sadly this will be the end of K-ON, we might get an OVA about their reunion in college or whenever, but there isn't much more they can do that will top the two seasons and the movie.

We already had glimpses of what they are like in college: most? of the ending themes from the anime showed their older selves and you can kind of work out what they are like from the style of clothing they way. Like for example, we could probably say that Mio has better self-esteem when she gets older and is confident enough to be the lead singer for the band.

But other than that the movie was awesome; that dose of Moe was just too much for me, having been without K-ON for a year or so.

9/10 - loses 1 point simply because it's K-ON and doesn't have a good "storyline"
Jul 20, 2012 10:53 PM

Mar 2008
That was fantastic. Well worth the wait. Now we need K-ON!!! KyoAni does a really good job with these types of shows.
Jul 20, 2012 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
My first animes were made by KyoAni, but their recent endevours haven't been a hit with me.
This brings me right back to when I was watching K-ON and loving every second of the girls' interactions.
Just the right mix of comedy, comraderie and slice-of-life.
I really like the amount of detail they put in every scene.

KyoAni at its finest.
The London Arc was actually a shorter than I thought it would be. A lot of time was spent on Azu-nyan's song. Not a bad thing, but I thought they would end the movie when they left London.
Jul 21, 2012 1:44 AM

Nov 2011
I guess I was hoping less for a re-hashing of season 2's end and more for a wild and wacky K-On adventure in London.

In the end, the trip was pretty incidental... and the emotions about graduation and leaving Azusa behind, I'd already felt them once before, so they really weren't as effective as they could've been.

But ah, well. It's more of the K-On girls, so I suppose that's worth something.
Jul 21, 2012 4:33 AM

Jul 2011
does anyone where i can get/watch the creditless ED video of Singing ?
Jul 21, 2012 5:06 AM

Oct 2011
The stay in London was shorter than I would have liked, saying that, it was a wonderful movie that had me smiling from beginning to end!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jul 21, 2012 5:15 AM

Nov 2007
azzyzx said:

Here you go:

The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 21, 2012 5:21 AM

Jul 2011
Ejc said:
azzyzx said:

Here you go:

thanks.

that part when mio and yui singing together at the same mic looks so hot
Jul 21, 2012 8:22 AM

Jul 2010
awesome movie. i love k-on, but to be honest i didn't expect it to be this good.. ^^
9/10, would be 10/10 if only azunyan's song had not been played before. it just spoiled the emotion.
it's nice though to know its history, they actually wrote their own personal lyric ( i bet the cheesy lines came from mio's :D).
and from kimi ->koneko -> tenshi, it really feels so k-onish, ah.. now i remember the moments of waiting for coalguys' release every week. gonna miss k-on (again) :D

and the ending song+clip is even greater than it ever was
Jul 21, 2012 9:23 AM

Mar 2010
God this was so amazing, I just loved this. It had pretty much everything you could ask for. Cute girls being cute, seeing the k-on cast again, funny, heartwarming..

10/10
Jul 21, 2012 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
that was really amazing, I've missed the k-on cast for so long, i finally got to see them again doing cute stuff and songs <3 the backgrounds were pretty awesome as well. i enjoyed a lot in watching this movie. 10/10 <3
Jul 21, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
Yep probably not the only one who thought this movie was amazing, not only because it's K-ON, but the production values are through the roof. London almost looks better than real life, though if it were more realistic, shouldn't there be a helluva lot more rain lols.

Also this is probably the only show where I see their graduation as a bad thing, almost tragedy like, and seriously, watching this makes me regret not doing anything for my schoolies.

Random: I find it amazing the previous two posters before me have the same kind of avatar -_-

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jul 21, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2010
Awesome Movie!
The flight, the landmarks, the songs. Loved every bit of it
The Cameo of Azu-Cats new Band at the end was surprising as well

I seriously hope they pick up the College Moe team in the future
Jul 21, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2010
love it.
it better than whole season 2.
Jul 21, 2012 4:33 PM

Oct 2008
azzyzx said:
Ejc said:
azzyzx said:

Here you go:

thanks.

that part when mio and yui singing together at the same mic looks so hot

I in general like Mio's songs a lot more. She has a more mature voice and has more range.
Though my favourite girl is still Azu-nyan! Now that I think of it, I seem to like a lot of black-long haired girls. Reflect my real life preference I guess?
OmniknightJul 21, 2012 4:37 PM
Jul 21, 2012 5:26 PM

May 2011
Well, it was OK. I didn't feel like I was very into the movie, but that's because I usually don't like movies. I prefer seasons rather than movies so 6/10 from me. I like K-ON, the movie was fun, but there's just something about movies that bring down my enjoyment.
Jul 21, 2012 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
I have no words to describe how awesome this was.

Thank you Kakifly for bringing my favorite Moe show to life. And thank you KyoAni for making this possible.

9/10.
Jul 21, 2012 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
LOVED IT!! ENJOYED IT LOTS.
10/10
The ending music video scene was awesoe! Anybody know if theres going to be a credit less version of it?
Jul 21, 2012 10:43 PM

Mar 2010
This was just perfect
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Dragevard - Sep 30, 2021

20 by waalex11 »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Are there many musicians in the fan base?

Prime1984 - Jun 4, 2023

23 by 10q7ch »»
Jun 9, 2023 10:25 PM

» The Girls of Afternoon Tea Time are English Icons

raabyray - May 13, 2023

3 by kotosugu »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Is this a movie you would watch in the cinema?

Zaqu - Aug 19, 2021

21 by Rinrinka »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:48 AM

» Made a website documenting all the K-ON Movie IRL London Locations

yaahallo - Dec 28, 2021

5 by lvmbrjack »»
Jun 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.