Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2012 12:52 AM

Jan 2012
aww damn... another final-destination-like scene again at the end.
one thing i keep thinking about this "another" series is they just show how they dead and the scared expression in their eyes as well as much blood spilled out, but i think they haven't shown how they become, like holed throat and destroyed body ( i think)

but it always get more tense every episode... i'm looking forward to the end =D
Feb 1, 2012 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
It was obvious the nurse was going to die since episode 1. The foreshadowing was painfully obvious. But sometimes even if a character in a Horror story is strongly implied to end up meeting as excruciating death later on, they may sometimes end up being the survivors... even narrating the epilogue and all.
That's why I like horror stuff from time to time. When told well, it's hard to predict how events unfold. ^_^
Feb 1, 2012 1:51 AM

Jun 2009
lzumi-chan said:
Now every time an episode finishes, I remain shocked and speechless for a few seconds.

haha.. me too..
Feb 1, 2012 2:00 AM

Jan 2011
Aww...I liked the nurse somehow. But her death was really obvious.
Looking forward to what this all comes down to.
Feb 1, 2012 2:31 AM

Dec 2008
Now it's starting to pick up.

PA, please don't screw this up.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Feb 1, 2012 2:49 AM
Sep 2011
Akimi-kun said:
lzumi-chan said:
Now every time an episode finishes, I remain shocked and speechless for a few seconds.

haha.. me too..

same!!

The nurse was sweet, and this is getting exciting! Can't wait for this to all unravel, I hope I dont get disappointed at the end of this series.
Feb 1, 2012 3:52 AM

Dec 2009
BridgeX said:
I'm really enjoying this compared to the manga. I like the manga, but with the anime the characters are a lot better. Even though I know the secret, I'm exciting to find out what it is in the show.

Dido. I'm excited to see how this will progress.~
I liked the falling glass scene too, it was unexpected.
&& Even though I saw the elevator scene coming, I still winced. ;C
Feb 1, 2012 4:17 AM

Nov 2008

I'm quite curious now to read the manga but I do want to keep guessing and keep watching the anime.

Feb 1, 2012 4:18 AM

Dec 2011
No! poor nurse!
Anyway, Im enjoying it a lot.
Feb 1, 2012 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
Ah! I think I'm starting to get why they're dieing. I have not read the manga but I'm guessing that

SooOoOoO.. that's all I could find correlation with those deaths. I went back to verify that and in episode 3

That's what I think, a dumb broad theory. Now I can sleep..(4am) D:
Nekomimi~
Feb 1, 2012 5:40 AM

Oct 2010
Not the nurse. ;_____;
Gruesome death there: face splat.
[insert awesome signature here]
Feb 1, 2012 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
Seems one of the rules is not to talk about the curse and not to talk about Misaki.
It's pretty clear that Misaki is one of the reasons for this curse and it she might be the girl that dies twenty-six years ago.
Meanwhile the students want to tell the transfer students the rules but they can't.
Feb 1, 2012 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
I say Kouichi's mum and aunt are probably connected to the whole thing back then.

Poor nurse. I kinda like her. She was the only non-creepy character.
Feb 1, 2012 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
the way people die here is not expected (elevators, umbrellas )
Feb 1, 2012 10:59 AM

May 2010
This anime is getting spookier and spookier..... I like it !!

But still why can't they just told him what happen but I guess I'll wait since I think there reasonable explanation to it ?!!
Feb 1, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
deathvader said:
Akimi-kun said:
lzumi-chan said:

haha.. me too..

same!!

The nurse was sweet, and this is getting exciting! Can't wait for this to all unravel, I hope I dont get disappointed at the end of this series.

Combo breaker!
This is probably the first thing I want to watch when it comes out, so many cliffhangers.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 1, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2007
Pretty obvious that her death flag was set the moment she mentioned her brother was in class 3. I lul'd when she faceplanted on the elevator and her face just exploded.

Everything so far points to Kouichi being the cause of all this. His need to interact and figure out the mystery of Misaki Mei just activates the curse. Sad to see his stupid curiosity got the nurse killed.

Final Destination the anime is way better than the movies.
Feb 1, 2012 12:34 PM

Oct 2009
The ending just ruins the mood XD!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
I like this theme with glass. It looks like a warning and after... death of nurse. Third episode was stronger than this, but I enjoyed.

I have at school a lift and now I'll have a big trauma, heh.

I'm curious about what will happen in the next episode. Kouichi had a scary face on preview of the 5th ep and also the other questions.
* What is the real reason about his illness? What happend to his mother and why Reiko is so mysterious? Wooow His family is freak ( at the moment except him and his father, I guess... ).
[ about lift... ]
Ehm... Did you notice about floors in the hospital? It's a bit strange for me... Why the hospital doesn't have the fourth floor? See? ( I noticed that on the 1st ep, when Koiuchi was in the lift ).
Feb 1, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2009
sephynicole said:

Ehm... Did you notice about floors in the hospital? It's a bit strange for me... Why the hospital
doesn't have the fourth floor? See? ( I noticed that on the 1st ep, when Koiuchi was in the lift ).

There is a concrete 4th floor, but they skipped in numbering or labeled it as 5th floor. 4 in Chinese is pronounced as "si," and it's similar sounding to the pronounciation of the kanji of death in Japanese, which is "shi." 4 has been attributed to death ever since. So, a lot of buildings in some Asian countries lack rooms or floors labeled as 4.
witchhuntressFeb 1, 2012 1:20 PM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 1, 2012 1:16 PM

Feb 2011
The third episode taught me never to use the stairs ever again.
The fourth episode taught me never to use the elevator ever again.

... FML.

OT: Another excellent episode! Mood is being kept up, and the body count increases...
Everyone is jumping too much into conclusion that because J.C. staff is doing it. It's gonna end up badly. It hasn't even started it. Give them a chance at least. And when the time comes and they actually ruin it. We can all go to Japan, go to J.C. staff and burn their offices. I'll pay for the trip lol

- alpha69 about the Little Busters! anime.
Feb 1, 2012 1:17 PM

Aug 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't like this show? The horror is very forced with all the phone-cut outs, flashing stills of dolls, the old woman in the doll museum, Mei's really forced dialogue etc. It's trying too hard and not pulling it off at all. The horror is so forced that as soon as the beginning of ep4 I guessed that the nurse was also going to die and as soon as the phone conversation started cutting out I instantly knew the elevator was going to snap and kill her. It didn't shock me at all, in fact it made me laugh at how obvious it was. It's like it's trying to be a Stephen King novel and failing horribly. Can someone please explain to me why she was on the rooftop of the hospital or wherever she was?
Now, I'm not completely bashing the show. The art is quite nice although I really dislike the 'grungy' artstyle for backgrounds they went with which I suppose is supposed to add to the horror element but IMO it just ends up detracting from it as it just seems out of place. Also, why is Mei's desk the only one which looks grungy while all the other desks are shiny? Why are there massive cuts in it?
I'm just watching it in hope that all my problems with the un-captivating story are explained in a manner that makes sense and the show will pick up later on.
and that parrot is fucking annoying me so much, what is wrong with it
Feb 1, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2011
Well... shit.
Feb 1, 2012 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
i think painting kid is going next
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2012 2:11 PM

Nov 2009
@Jammymanrock: I don't think you're alone.

This show sort of induces you to concoct a lot of maybe-s. It is frustrating because most of what we know or what we pretend to know are implied. Also, there are a lot of questions that we impatiently want to be answered. It is a natural human tendency, just like how Kouichi keeps on badgering Mei.

Hmm, as to Mizuno being at the rooftop, it "maybe" that the signal downstairs is bad. Remember Kouichi in first ep? He had a cellphone when he met Mei (if I remember correctly). He was "probably" speaking to his dad upstairs.

As to Mei's desk, I think it "maybe" some sort of symbol that whoever sits there shouldn't be treated as existent, or as Sakakibara Seito (the one whose name we could all surmise as the person the author referred Kouichi's surname from) said, "...an invisible person." What's interesting though is the question carved on it: "Who is the dead one?" or something like that.

I don't like the snapshots either; it's an annoying style, but I guess its annoyingness is what it wants to be labeled as unique as LOL :D

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 1, 2012 2:30 PM

Aug 2011
witchhuntress said:
@Jammymanrock: I don't think you're alone.

This show sort of induces you to concoct a lot of maybe-s. It is frustrating because most of what we know or what we pretend to know are implied. Also, there are a lot of questions that we impatiently want to be answered. It is a natural human tendency, just like how Kouichi keeps on badgering Mei.

Hmm, as to Mizuno being at the rooftop, it "maybe" that the signal downstairs is bad. Remember Kouichi in first ep? He had a cellphone when he met Mei (if I remember correctly). He was "probably" speaking to his dad upstairs.

As to Mei's desk, I think it "maybe" some sort of symbol that whoever sits there shouldn't be treated as existent, or as Sakakibara Seito (the one whose name we could all surmise as the person the author referred Kouichi's surname from) said, "...an invisible person." What's interesting though is the question carved on it: "Who is the dead one?" or something like that.

I don't like the snapshots either; it's an annoying style, but I guess its annoyingness is what it wants to be labeled as unique as LOL :D

I feel like Kouichi isn't badgering Mei enough tbh
But yeah the mobile phone makes sense, maybe the hospital equipment interfered with it or something. Still, the signal shouldn't be that bad in Japan even if it is in a more rural area.
And the symbolism with Mei's desk would be nice if it was done better. Right now I think they're trying to shove it in your face too much and it's coming off bad. The question on the desk I missed though
Edit:
I would have liked this much better if it started off looking like a normal show and actually made the MC do anything past talking to about 3 or 4 very flat characters before plunging straight into the 'horror'. I hope they develop the classmates a lot more because right now the characters are very boring.
JammymanrockFeb 1, 2012 2:40 PM
Feb 1, 2012 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
Jammymanrock said:
Still, the signal shouldn't be that bad in Japan even if it is in a more rural area.
And the symbolism with Mei's desk would be nice if it was done better.

This is 1998 japan though not 2012 japan.

I don't see why you'd call Mei's desk "symbolism",it's like that because it hasn't been touched in 26 years,that's a plot point.

I also don't think the intent was to surprise the viewer with the elevator scene,on the contrary I know it's coming and it fustrates me because there's nothing as a viewer that I can do to stop it.

As for why I like the show,simply because I have no idea what's going on and I'm really curious to find out,I'm sure that a lot of the "over the topness" is just there to disctract the audience and keep them from seeing what's really going on.
all for fun.fun for all
Feb 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
totoum said:

This is 1998 japan though not 2012 japan.

I don't see why you'd call Mei's desk "symbolism",it's like that because it hasn't been touched in 26 years,that's a plot point.

I also don't think the intent was to surprise the viewer with the elevator scene,on the contrary I know it's coming and it fustrates me because there's nothing as a viewer that I can do to stop it.

As for why I like the show,simply because I have no idea what's going on and I'm really curious to find out,I'm sure that a lot of the "over the topness" is just there to disctract the audience and keep them from seeing what's really going on.

TBH it's quite a silly plot point, no school would leave a desk like that for 26 years. The show just seems so disconnected from reality.
And IMO the elevator scene was too obvious for the viewer but there was nothing with the actual characters. The MC just seems so oblivious to what's going on that yes it makes it frustrating for the watcher but none of this is reflected on the characters. It's like watching the deaths in final destination, they seem so far fetched that you can't really immerse yourself in it at all.
And yes, I'm still curious to find out how they're going to end this even if I'm not very interested in it. I'm going to try watching the rest of it in a different light and hope I'll enjoy it more. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Feb 1, 2012 4:04 PM

Oct 2007
Jammymanrock said:
TBH it's quite a silly plot point, no school would leave a desk like that for 26 years.

Well yeah that's the point!

To me it seems your reaction is "these people are silly" while mine is "they've obviously got a good reason for them to do weird stuff and I wonder what it is"

I mean everybody is acting like Mei doesn't exist yet she did have a copy of an exam form on her desk.
Kouichi's mom died the same year his aunt was in school,Misaki is said to be a girl and yet in the class photograph the missing student is on the boy's side.There's a bunch of small stuff like that that intrigues me.
all for fun.fun for all
Feb 1, 2012 7:00 PM

Apr 2010
Not enough dismembered dolls.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Feb 1, 2012 8:26 PM

Jun 2011
un expected twist.
i cant figure anthing out!

Feb 1, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2009
Why was the nurse on the roof in the first place?!? O.o ._.
Feb 1, 2012 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
LycanWerewolf said:
Why was the nurse on the roof in the first place?!? O.o ._.

Doing laundry it looked like?
Feb 1, 2012 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
witchhuntress said:

There is a concrete 4th floor, but they skipped in numbering or labeled it as 5th floor. 4 in Chinese is pronounced as "si," and it's similar sounding to the pronounciation of the kanji of death in Japanese, which is "shi." 4 has been attributed to death ever since. So, a lot of buildings in some Asian countries lack rooms or floors labeled as 4.

Oh I see... Well, thanks! I didn't know about it. ^^

BTW I can't wait for the next episode! XD
Feb 1, 2012 10:12 PM

Jun 2009

That boy is dumb and don't know when to STFU...

Then again, if he's not like that, we won't have a show. Doesn't make me like him though
Feb 1, 2012 10:40 PM

Jul 2011
Since episode one that nurse was begging to die and i was suprised that she wasn't the first one to bite the bullet. I must of have been the only one who was like "ha next time you'll learn not to stick your nose in matters that dont concern you" but then i remembered that she no longer had a face let alone a nose and she's dead.

Seriously though while episode 3 was quite shocking this one was quite predictable. If it's going to be "death of the week" always at the end of the episodes, this is going to get boring fast. Hopefully things get shaken up and i'm also picking up the final destination vibes in the anime.
Feb 1, 2012 10:58 PM
Jul 2009
Wow.... another one hits the dust...... :( and i liked her too

shits going downnn!!!
Feb 1, 2012 11:36 PM

Dec 2011
I predicted that the beautiful kind nurse was gonna die when she talked about the girl when the main character visited her. I thought she was gonna die after he goes home.

Creepy episode especially for me, cause i take the lift everyday.(Most of u guys do too, right?) Superbly final-destination style of dying. Freaked me out...
uhh...
Feb 2, 2012 12:36 AM

Feb 2011
I can't quite decide whether last week's death or this week's death was more hilariously stupid and near impossible.

With my favourite character gone, I have even less of a reason to keep watching this show which has proven to be frustrating beyond belief. If the class keeps quiet about the curse in the following episode, I'll probably drop it.
Feb 2, 2012 1:59 AM

Mar 2008
Jammymanrock said:

TBH it's quite a silly plot point, no school would leave a desk like that for 26 years. The show just seems so disconnected from reality.
someone obviously went to a private school. *cough* i sat in old beat up chairs before all the time. Every class has at least one misplaced desk. Besides the whole point is everyone was too afraid to touch the desk.
Feb 2, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2010
& in this way the only likable side-character ok..let me correct myself one of two likable characters died.I don't think that they should have let her die so soon...
TragicRomanceFeb 2, 2012 3:33 AM
Feb 2, 2012 3:36 AM

Sep 2011
traed said:
Jammymanrock said:

someone obviously went to a private school. *cough* i sat in old beat up chairs before all the time. Every class has at least one misplaced desk. Besides the whole point is everyone was too afraid to touch the desk.
I go to a blue ribbon school, we have this really fucked up and beat up desk sitting in the back of my biology class that looks exactly like that desk,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2012 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
HarunoYume said:
I can't quite decide whether last week's death or this week's death was more hilariously stupid and near impossible.

oh god another one of your type,

its a anime dude, on top of that its a show about a curse that is killing people off in freak accidents, no shit that its going to have absurd things that dont happen, they havent been dyeing because of fuck all coincidence, something has been killing them,

and quit trying to badmouth shows because they are seemingly impossible, i mean you have freakign guilty crown in your profile picture and that show defies all logic, i dont see you complaining about that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2012 4:08 AM

Dec 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
HarunoYume said:

oh god another one of your type,

its a anime dude, on top of that its a show about a curse that is killing people off in freak accidents, no shit that its going to have absurd things that dont happen, they havent been dyeing because of fuck all coincidence, something has been killing them,

and quit trying to badmouth shows because they are seemingly impossible, i mean you have freakign guilty crown in your profile picture and that show defies all logic, i dont see you complaining about that

Not only that..

I understand not believing that first accident might happen in rl (it can), but second one is quite possible.. Maybe she didn't even die after she hit her head, as you can see that she was crushed by pieces of elevator...

And it is not impossible, so everyone who think so stfu...
Feb 2, 2012 4:44 AM

Nov 2011
more deaths! :3
Feb 2, 2012 5:27 AM

Jul 2010
Their pet bird has witnessed something. Why does it keep saying doushite “rei”? All the time. In the beginning of the manga kouichi;; his aunt said something like if you see a crow something bads going to happen and the crow was on top of he roof with the nurse.
Feb 2, 2012 5:33 AM

Sep 2011
Feb 2, 2012 5:55 AM

Jul 2011
Meh, it was boring.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
Feb 2, 2012 6:56 AM
Jun 2008
I just watch "The Other(2001)" .Seems like now I know why people being saying that Horror nowadays are different compare to the horror in the past. Highly recommend to those who like horror >.<"
Jammymanrock said:
it's quite a silly plot point, no school would leave a desk like that for 26 years. The show just seems so disconnected from reality.
They would explain this after a few more episode and just be patient.

The curse is actually more simple than you think, something that can be very easily related to the reality world. , but still I am very interested in reading the theory and assumption written in the forum. Keep writing it.
Feb 2, 2012 7:08 AM

Dec 2008
c'mon not the nurse ;w;
the moment they said that the curse isn't limited to just students of the doomed class but also to their parents/siblings i thought: "no the nurse no, please" ;w; but then.. it happened D:
so sad.

Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1043 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CuriousThing - Feb 20, 2012

372 by BertBert »»
May 21, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

666 by BertBert »»
May 21, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ilikeyouevenmore - Jan 16, 2012

383 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

477 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.