Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 8, 2011 9:09 AM

Sep 2009
That dream was the most ridiculous thing ever. I really hope they either resolve the relationaship between Ohana and Ko or just end it. As much as I think that they'd be a cute couple, the beating around the bush gets a little old after a while. orz
Aug 8, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
Truly a great episode. Plenty of laughs with Bean-man's SON?!, Ohana's dream. The drama in the ens was kind of predictable but still well done. Tohru coming to the festival is the main reason Minko's going through with it, yet she tells another girl that mixing work and love is absurd. Which in this case it was (sloppy omelet rice ^^), but she was still being hypocritical.

I think it'll all work out in the end though. I didn't spot any drama in the preview (not that you should always blindly follow that).

Yumekichi11 said:
The other thing is if there could be some yuri developing with the following girl,
[image]
and Nako?
Seems like it's possible from her blush. More later.

You're going way overboard with this.

Aug 8, 2011 2:15 PM

Oct 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Yumekichi11 said:
The other thing is if there could be some yuri developing with the following girl,
[image]
and Nako?
Seems like it's possible from her blush. More later.

You're going way overboard with this.
Yeah, OK I went overboard but the girl's blush got me itchy. I mean why does she have on all the time and more so with Yuina and Nako?

Been bugging me sometime but I will suspect because there was just plain too much suspect about Nako's yuri stuff around the series so far.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 8, 2011 5:44 PM

Jul 2010
This whole anime has been a hell roller coaster of emotions and actions and I expect this to continue till the end. I had to laugh at the dream sequence with Kou in a maid outfit though...lmao
Aug 8, 2011 9:45 PM

Nov 2006
give it up, bitch. kirito-kun doesn't even like you and shitty om rice isn't going to change that. high school is such a stupid piece of shit.
Aug 8, 2011 9:50 PM

Mar 2011
Logic doesn't really play a part in the quibblings of school children. Of course Minko's right for not wanting a microwaved omlet on the menu. She's also wrong in her tone and her hypocritical rejection of the girl's feelings. Possible ideal solutions include getting special permission to bring in the equipment needed to make the meal properly, or having the girl make a single microwaved omlet special order for her crush to choke down.

Ultimately, I couldn't care less either way. Call me when there's some real drama.
Aug 8, 2011 9:52 PM

Oct 2010
Guns47 said:
having the girl make a single microwaved omlet special order for her crush to choke down.
Ideal solution! The person said it! Case solved and moving on. They should just do that exactly.

Aug 8, 2011 10:37 PM
Apr 2010
shinki7 said:
totoum said:
guyklc said:
Ouch, looks like Minko got in a fight. Her arguments make more sense though. Why would you confuse your public with your private life? That's a sign of a poor employee.

Except that she's being quite a hypocrite,the reason she doesn't want omelet rice is that she wants to impress the guy she loves,so she's doing the exact thing that she says you shouldn't do.
Yes, what minko is saying is correct. They shouldn't confuse private life with work. But she's a hypocrite lol. I acutally thought that after the girl said about the guy she like, minko will understand. But i guess she is just too serious.

THIS! As much as what she said is super true, her hypocrisy kinda inflated 10-fold to me. This also makes me want to see what happens in the next ep. Sounds like karma waiting to happen, but hopefully it'll all work out. I mean there really isn't any other character (besides Hana herself) that is "close" (lack of better term) linked to him like Minko.

Also on Mako; my god, her Id definitely comes out of her when forced to; "Sloppy... Rice Omelette"? Nice save.... but then again it was seen in the previous ep how she acts.

Hana's little dream; all I can say about that is WTF girl?!!! Either that's just her fetish or a withdrawal lololol
Aug 9, 2011 3:54 AM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Guns47 said:
having the girl make a single microwaved omlet special order for her crush to choke down.
Ideal solution! The person said it! Case solved and moving on. They should just do that exactly.
This is exactly what I've been thinking. Why'd they make such a big fuss about it? Just let her make one for her crush besides the menu.

Aug 9, 2011 7:10 AM

Mar 2009
totoum said:
guyklc said:
Ouch, looks like Minko got in a fight. Her arguments make more sense though. Why would you confuse your public with your private life? That's a sign of a poor employee.

Except that she's being quite a hypocrite,the reason she doesn't want omelet rice is that she wants to impress the guy she loves,so she's doing the exact thing that she says you shouldn't do.

exactly......Minko's the biggest hypocrite there. the reason she started the whole fight with the rest of the team, is because she didn't think their input was good enough to impress tohru.
this isn't the Kissuiso- its a team project for a school festival, and she failed.

Ohana is 10x better than Minko. give it up girl, Tohru doesn't even notice you next to her.....then again, they could do a complete brain fart and pair Ohana with Ko, leaving poor ol' Tohru with nothing but Minko.
Ouran12Aug 9, 2011 7:21 AM
Aug 9, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
why doesnt she just listen to what minko said and forget about that "getting laid by just serving a damn freaking omelette rice" plan because its stupid.
minko might be not the brightest leader here, but still she knows how to work. not like some bitches who just ran away and sobbing like that will change anything.

minko FTW!
Aug 9, 2011 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
Why was Minchi been so mean anyways, when she does exactly the same thing. She gets all mad simply because Tohru talks to Ohana and Nakochi and that in turn affects her work and that's been obvious repeatedly.

Oh man. Why wont' this show just make me happy by putting Ohana and Tohru together. I mean that's all I want. Is that really asking to much.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 9, 2011 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
When I think about it, it really doesn't sound like Tohru in the preview...
I guess Tohru might never come to the festival because maybe something came up back at Kissuiso?
Then Minko's efforts would have gone to waste.
Either that. Or Tohru DOES come, but only focuses on Ohana the whole time.
And then their relationship will just go down the drain and Minko will start doing the whole "die" thing again...

OR BETTER YET.
Tohru will come to the festival and be like.
WHY IS THERE NO OMURICEEE????
Aug 9, 2011 7:29 PM

Jan 2011
I agree with what Minko said, but she was being a bit of a hypocrite. It seemed to me that she was making the menu "like a restaurant menu" only to impress Tohru, who said he was coming. That girl wanted to serve omelet-rice to impress the person she likes, but that would go against her plan to show Tohru she's a skilled cook since they can't make the omelet-rice properly with what they have. I think she could have handled the situation better, but it's not like she's ever been the type to not get hotheaded over things important to her.

And omg, Nakochi as the end was so hilarious. She gets funnier every week with that brutal honesty of hers. XD
Aug 10, 2011 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
gleedisgood said:
why doesnt she just listen to what minko said and forget about that "getting laid by just serving a damn freaking omelette rice" plan because its stupid.
minko might be not the brightest leader here, but still she knows how to work. not like some bitches who just ran away and sobbing like that will change anything.

minko FTW!
Maybe you watch the episode again, see what Minko did. She a big hypocrite! You also have to remember that this is a school festival, this ain't a work place.Have some fun will you?

I also speculate that Minko was bull shiting about the equipment, she just want to impress Torou.
Aug 11, 2011 12:21 AM

Dec 2007
Oh Minchi you hypocrite you. Loosen up.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Aug 11, 2011 4:25 AM

Jan 2010

y u so flawless Minko?

I know she's a hypocrite but I just can't hate her.
Aug 11, 2011 6:07 AM

Jul 2007
YaY! Ko! even though he appeared in a weird situation in this ep. i'm still cheering for Ohana x Ko, but i don't have any prob if it's gonna be Tohru at the end.

Poor Nakochi, i think she doesn't seem happy with cultural festival because emm she is a shy girl remember, she doesn't know how to communicate with others, but she still trying her best. I don't get any yuri feeling while watching her and the art girl.

Minko? emm, no comment, the drama was a bit.. stupid?
Aug 11, 2011 10:07 AM
Aug 2010
so this was a good set up for next week cant wait to see it
Aug 12, 2011 8:35 AM

May 2010
Guys, next episode maybe a Minko-centric episode.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 12, 2011 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
lol anime high school girls

Always getting in over their heads with some boy.
Aug 12, 2011 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
^ As if you weren't desperately trying to get laid in high school or sumf'in...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 12, 2011 4:33 PM

Sep 2007
BitchMaster said:

Pfft, I don't need to be that desperate to make omelette rice just to woo some person.
Aug 12, 2011 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
B-but... Do you even know how to COOK?!!

Well, that is... SAD indeed...

Especially when the girl is not that bad looking and HAS to cook for the guy... Sure hope the dude in question is so awesome that he can urinate while standing up or something cuz otherwise it's just, ya know, SAD for a not-so-bad-looking girl to go that far, especially in this day and age... Oh well, not like it's unheard of since there are indeed women who fancy guys hiding behind their skirt and making those homosexual expressions so yeeeeeeeep, to each his/her own, I guess ~

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 13, 2011 2:18 PM

Sep 2010
I never expected that an episode at school would see the daylight in this show. The gym reminds me of the last episode of Angel Beats, the two gyms look very alike and only more because of the same art style.
I think it was a bit exaggerated about that omuraisu.
Aug 13, 2011 3:52 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
BitchMaster said:
Pfft, I don't need to be that desperate to make omelette rice just to woo some person.
No, I did try to get laid, instead my hand laid me well. You get?

I think girls are going to far in anime for guys while IRL they do fuck all and ask for money. No surprise anime girls >>>>>>>> IRL girls. Well this series so far does tell me that having an inn and taking it easy is a blissful life. I would most likely live off where Hanasaku Iroha takes place and right now I live a city.

Aug 14, 2011 5:26 AM

Jun 2008
vansonbee said:
gleedisgood said:

minko FTW!
Maybe you watch the episode again, see what Minko did. She a big hypocrite! You also have to remember that this is a school festival, this ain't a work place.Have some fun will you?

I also speculate that Minko was bull shiting about the equipment, she just want to impress Torou.

What exactly about not making an omelet rice will impress Torou? As far as we know the guy might even like omelet rice.
And you may say she's a hypocrite but that's not exactly right. Yes she took the job willingly because she wants to cook for him but still when it is about the job she simply sees it as how is the right way to be done. That wouldn't have changed Torou or not because that's her personality. Even if she was doing it because she was forced and not because of Torou she would have still kicked that omelet rice out of the menu if she didn't have the right equipment to cook it correctly.

Her over serious way of doing things and not just have fun might be bad or good depending on your views but that's who she is and she wouldn't do a fun half-ass job Torou or not.
Besides that stupid crying bitch should realize that there is no impressing points gain by serving an omelet-rice that isn't good to her wanna be boyfriend. If he likes it that much and wants to serve it to him wouldn't it better to actually do it good?
And yes that other girl is a stupid bitch also. Calling her the worst because she simply stated the obvious that they shouldn't make something when they don't have the right equipment for it. From when using logic makes you the "the worst"?

And in the end they where all liars and hypocrites ten times more than Minchi because they accepted her as the one with the leading role on the final menu decision and when she didn't make the menu they wanted they started acting up.
So in reality they never really wanted her to make any decisions at all but just agree with them. If that's how they wanted it then they should have objected about her being put in that role from the start and not applaud her at first and then shit on her when she actually did her job.
Aug 14, 2011 10:25 AM

May 2010
Wow!! That was pretty straight-forward for Minchi to hurt somebody's feelings coz of your work/love principle.

Yes, she does have a point but it could be done in a slow calm way

but I guess she'll ends up making omelet rice given the preview about her past with omelet rice.

Another closer look of how school festivals in japan are done. Felt bad we don't have such memorable tradition in our place. :(

Beanman has a son?? That was surprising. lol

Off to the next ep.. =)
Aug 16, 2011 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. WTF @ Ohana's dream lol XD
I actually like what Minko said. I dunno why she's so set on omelette rice, I mean, can't she just make it herself? It's not like she has to serve it at the cafe. Maybe a bit hypocritical I suppose, but if Minko's treating it like a job then that's good. Plus, if you can't make it good, it's not like that Yuki girl's gonna get the guy she likes. Ugh, she's just annoying -_-"
I always thought they were in first year though lol :O Oh and Nako and that other girl and the artwork ... interesting :P
Aug 17, 2011 12:49 PM

Mar 2011
It was a decent episode. Minchi was being a huge hypocrite though.
Aug 26, 2011 7:12 AM

Apr 2009
That was one weird, if not disturbing dream that Ohana had. I refuse to consider it as foreshadowing of any sort. Just... no. Minko might need a lesson to learn how to practice what she preaches, and I have a feeling that it's not going to pleasant when it happens. I wonder just who "Beanman" Denroku's son is.
Aug 27, 2011 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
Ohana is dreaming of Ko~
"Sloppy Omelet Rice" --> Nice

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Aug 29, 2011 5:56 AM
Aug 2010
The parts where Ohana was humming nano.RIPE were awesome!

But I feel sorry for Nakochi.
And Minko and the other girl are getting far too worked up - going to watch the next episode now!
Aug 30, 2011 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
zansabarshadow said:
Not as much nakochi than I would of hoped but it still was a awesome ep. I'm siding with Minko on that fight. That girl was just being selfish, she should really keep love out of work.

Yeah but the point of this whole argument, which Minko probably doesn't realize yet, is that she is mixing personal feelings with her job aswell (I mean come on, she's obviously trying to impress Tohru. That's why she refuses to make something simple as an omelette.)

I hope lots of people will show up to Nakochi's class. It would be so sad if no one showed up :(.

Ow and this is that the person that started the idea about the yuri between her and her classmate. She always blushes so saying that its the reason for yuri isn't true.
Aug 31, 2011 6:22 AM
Mar 2011
Minko is great but lol xD hope the truth about her interest in that job will come out on sunlight in new episodes (which I haven't seen yet :P )
Sep 11, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
oh noes. new favorite pairing: nako and ren-san. and wow minchi made me lol so hard
Nov 28, 2011 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
Minchi so sloppy.

Minko so cooly.

Ohana so ... Ohanay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2011 9:35 AM

Jun 2011
Jul3 said:
The parts where Ohana was humming nano.RIPE were awesome!

I also liked that song a lot!

Kou in that waitress uniform really ruins my day. Maybe its a signal that Kou will appears sometimes soon in later episodes? And it's quite irony when Minko said she didn't mix works and love as she herself try to impress Tohru all the time.

Ahaha~ Sloppy Omelet Rice, nice =)
Dec 23, 2011 4:40 AM
Nov 2011
Oh this episode was awesome. Seeing Nakochi trying to get out of the festival by offering to work. Priceless! Another seen with her reading to her little sister? So adorable!

Ohana dreaming of Ko coming to visit after hinted he might be there by the head waitress, but wait he's working as a waitress, including bows in his hair? What the heck does that mean? Yet so funny! Ohana needs to chill a bit, sometimes a dream is just a dream.

Minko not wanting the role she's been assigned, listening to ideas, then cheering up and focusing because Tohru is coming. She's making this about her, and she's going to screw it up perhaps? Maybe she's right about not having the right equipment, but given she's still a chef in training, does anyone but me think that perhaps she turned it down, because she's not sure she can actually make the egg/omelet rice well? She wants to do something and rely on herself (there's that theme again), but maybe the other girls, among them, one of them could make it if she just delegated that duty!

Yuina in the waitress outfit is pretty and funny, wonder what the other girls will look like. Oh and then Nako's class mate wants her to name it? I know some people are thinking its Yuri, I think she's just thankful that someone in her class actually cares about her art. Who's right? Guess we'll find out next episode.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 18, 2012 6:22 PM

Jan 2009
fck minchi crap char, I already grew a hatred for her at the beginning but now it's escalating in something much worse... she is pure evil
Oct 16, 2012 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
Sigh. There's always a cultural festival...

Didn't really love this episode, it felt more like a filler. And what was up with that weird dream Ohana had about Ko? Does she, deep down inside, want him to dress as a girl and become a waitress? That's just absurd lol.
Nov 23, 2012 8:48 AM

May 2012
Preparing for school festival! Interesting things happening, the dream was a bit weird but it seems we're getting another arc with Ko rather soon "or at least I hope we do" the ending where Minko get's all upset was actually quite nice and I agree on her point!
Mar 26, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
3.5/5
Well the lack of focus on romance sucks when it played a large part in the first half.
I don't really like how all the boys at school are portrayed either.
May 2, 2013 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The affair of the school festival is giving us some very interesting developments, who knows what will happen! Drawings fabulous! Finally you see a girl not perfect on the outside, like the stars! A good thing, since not all girls are cute, a bit of good in this reality!
May 12, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2008
Ohana x Ko is definitely not going to happen at this point... lol that dream.
Jul 3, 2013 8:44 PM

Nov 2012
so there is a school festival hmm?
the glasses, short hair girl looks okay :p

btw that dream of ohana is so weird XD
Nov 9, 2013 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No omelet rice makes high school girls go crazy...Talk about an overreaction from everyone involved.

I love how Yuina is totally comfortable with the role of princess. She just lives it and doesn't complicate her life.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 17, 2014 11:39 PM

May 2010
Ooooh drama! Really good episode. I laughed a few times too. And lmao @ Nakochi calling that painting "muddled omelette rice"
Sep 12, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2014
when she has a goal set in mind, it'd be best to get out of minko's way. This episode proves that very much. especially since love is in the mix
Mar 22, 2015 11:31 AM

Jun 2013
Another very good episode.... though a step down from the previous episode and the ending with the omelete was very melodramatic
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.