Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 24, 2013 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Haruki has it tough... no matter who he chooses someone will get hurt. Option 3 would be to get a girlfriend who has nothing to do with the music club... but that would hurt both Setsuna and Kazusa.
Ahh what the hell, challenge the society and shoot for threesome ending dude! (yeah no way that'll happen)
Nov 24, 2013 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
HybridMBL said:
Dat quick glance of Setsuna's reaction to Haruki's reaction to the possibility that Touma might have a boyfriend next year
The romantic tension in this triangle keeps pulling and pulling.... Just waiting for the rubber band to snap

My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling they will make Haruki look like a jerk/asshole from now on. I didn't have any reaction when he started dating Ogiso, this anime so far is one of the rare times that I liked both the possible girls he could have dated.
Nov 24, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Ahh what the hell, challenge the society and shoot for threesome ending dude! (yeah no way that'll happen)

I know it won't happen, but with the amount that all three of them love each other, it's not really a far-fetched scenario... Polyamory is a thing!
Nov 24, 2013 2:44 PM

Mar 2013
Beautiful episode.
I realized that I love Touma so much. She's so fragile despite everything.
That Haruki it's a lucky bastard. Anyway, I don't want to see a tragedy in this show, I wish they could stay as they are, that would be awesome.
Nov 24, 2013 5:26 PM
Sep 2009
Haruki's reaction to Kazusa possibly getting a boyfriend is a pretty big give away that he and Setsuna won't stick together for log.

Besides I'm pretty sure that you can see him and Kazusa kissing in the OP.

Episode wise I'm pleasantly surprised by how well characters are taking things. Usually we always have lots of drama by this point.
Nov 24, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
Setsuna is pretty earnest and all about her friendship with Kazusa but, don't you guys think she went a little overboard in this episode taking Kazusa in that bath when Kitahara was there?

A couple of big hints were dropped in this episode. Even Kitahara's friends noticed that he actually liked Kazusa and then Setsuna noticing Kitahara's reaction to Kazusa talking about having a boyfriend.

I like Setsuna. So, don't get me wrong. But I think Kazusa would be a better girlfriend IRL, as a woman, as a friend, and as a personality.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2013 8:18 PM
Nov 2013
shanimebib said:

I like Setsuna. So, don't get me wrong. But I think Kazusa would be a better girlfriend IRL, as a woman, as a friend, and as a personality.

For me tsunderes are not a good choice IRL. Kazusa seens to be more dominant, unhappy. I think Haruki is more attract for her figure and talent. He is masochist and he is taking the girl role. So, I really like Setsuna but Haruki doesn´t deserve it. Kazusa is his perfect couple in this situation.

Sorry for my bad english :)
Nov 24, 2013 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her? although i'm rooting for Setsuna i don't want them to end up like this. This episode is a slap on the face saying Kazusa is the main heroine and Setsuna is the fifth wheel.

This is True Tears all over again
Haruki = Shinichiro, Hiromi = Kazusa, Noe = Setsuna

It seems like Haruki is starting to become an indecisive bastard...

Mixed baths anyone?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 24, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
ScoutK said:
shanimebib said:

For me tsunderes are not a good choice IRL. Kazusa seens to be more dominant, unhappy. I think Haruki is more attract for her figure and talent. He is masochist and he is taking the girl role. So, I really like Setsuna but Haruki doesn´t deserve it. Kazusa is his perfect couple in this situation.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Nah. Tsunderes are pretty amazing when they are in love. ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
I really liked this chapter.
ohh what can i say, oh my Kazusa, she is such a good friend is almost painfull. Cuz, even if she doesnt know how to name it, we all know that she has something for Haruki. She said that she'd never fallen in love,and - most probably is scared about the idea - more now knowing that the guy she loves is her dearest friend lover.

I can't figure Setsuna tho. i know she has all this trouble about having true friends and all. But she is not making to much sense now, i have always seen her as someone very perseptive.

But, like. Until now, she knew Kazusa as her most potential rival in love. She was aware that Haruki, has strong feelings for her (not necessarily love) and got really uneasy. She even knew that Kazusa liked Haruki.
And now that she has him, is like idk. I think she is being selfish and idealistic. Why i say selfish? because she wants all, her Love and her pure, true unbreakable friendship and don't think about Kazusa's or Haruki's feeligs.

Like she really is pushing things too hard here. (not to mention the bath scene, wtf no need to show your bf your sexy friend/his potential crush naked) A wise idea would have been, spending a night with all her friends, and then stay with haruki alone in a more romantic plan.

Setsuna and Haruki, don't really look like lovers to me to be honest... Along this chapter i never saw 2 + 1 . Only 3 friends.

(i like Setsuna tho, and i found very cute her interactions with Kazusa)

idk idk idk. We will see what happens~~
Nov 24, 2013 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
AsianKungFu said:
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her?

Because he actually likes her to an extent, and after Kazusa's "rejection" and Setsuna's sudden confession, I doubt any guy would say no.

and please, why so quick on calling him an indecisive bastard? And I bet you'll still call him a bastard even when he actually makes a decision. That's how bad his dilemma is.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 25, 2013 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
AsianKungFu said:
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her?

Haruki deh big playa. You'll see this very often
Nov 25, 2013 12:39 AM

Nov 2009
AsianKungFu said:
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her? although i'm rooting for Setsuna i don't want them to end up like this. This episode is a slap on the face saying Kazusa is the main heroine and Setsuna is the fifth wheel.

Mixed baths anyone?

He doesn't even love her? ...Are we even watching the same show here?

It's already shown that Haruki is attracted to Setsuna in some way.
We've also already been shown that Haruki is convinced that Kazusa doesn't seem to be attracted to him through a few implications it seems. He even told Kazusa directly that he started dating Setsuna. Setsuna made the first move, and she got her prize, simple as that; And he accepted it because he is also attracted to Setsuna, so at this point he still hasn't realized his true feelings on who he is actually attracted to.
There is no rule where you can only be attracted to a single girl or guy. So you could say he loves them both.
Love is all about indecisiveness if your rash with your decisions. That doesn't mean any of the people involved are to blame though, because you can't help but be rash when your experiencing something the first few times.
Nov 25, 2013 1:24 AM

Sep 2010
Ah...what a great episode. I appreciate how subtle they make certain things or at least try to. In my opinion...kazusa is clearly the better match for haruhi. She is more dominant and demanding but haruhi compliments her by providing her with emotional support which helps keep her grounded. Haruhi in return needs touma because she can guide him and make decisions. It's like a scorpio and pisces type relationship.

So I see them beneficial towards one another...with setsuna however, I can only see her as the only one who gets something from the relationship. It reminds me of kokou and banris relationship in golden time which is just give and take.
Nov 25, 2013 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
quite good episode.. but i kinda sad
because

well, my assumption is not 100% though
maybe around 60 - 70%
Nov 25, 2013 1:46 AM
Nov 2010
jman90 said:
It was interesting to see how much Touma and Setsuna changed since the beginning. Touma was so friendly this episode while Setsuna was really open about her feelings to Touma. Touma seems to be trying to keep Haruki at a distance though with her constant reminders that he has a girlfriend and that he should only have his eyes on her.

It also serves as a reminder for Touma...
I mean, if you are that close to someone you love, and you have to conceal your affection, sooner or later, your feelings will burst out like a dam the moment you forget about "the reminders".
Nov 25, 2013 2:00 AM
Nov 2010
Shino_812 said:
I really liked this chapter.
ohh what can i say, oh my Kazusa, she is such a good friend is almost painfull. Cuz, even if she doesnt know how to name it, we all know that she has something for Haruki. She said that she'd never fallen in love,and - most probably is scared about the idea - more now knowing that the guy she loves is her dearest friend lover.

I can't figure Setsuna tho. i know she has all this trouble about having true friends and all. But she is not making to much sense now, i have always seen her as someone very perseptive.

But, like. Until now, she knew Kazusa as her most potential rival in love. She was aware that Haruki, has strong feelings for her (not necessarily love) and got really uneasy. She even knew that Kazusa liked Haruki.
And now that she has him, is like idk. I think she is being selfish and idealistic. Why i say selfish? because she wants all, her Love and her pure, true unbreakable friendship and don't think about Kazusa's or Haruki's feeligs.

Like she really is pushing things too hard here. (not to mention the bath scene, wtf no need to show your bf your sexy friend/his potential crush naked) A wise idea would have been, spending a night with all her friends, and then stay with haruki alone in a more romantic plan.

Setsuna and Haruki, don't really look like lovers to me to be honest... Along this chapter i never saw 2 + 1 . Only 3 friends.

(i like Setsuna tho, and i found very cute her interactions with Kazusa)

idk idk idk. We will see what happens~~

That's how Setsuna aiming for her harem I guess. You have to do the impossible and kick reasons to the curb to get to the good ending.
Consider Setsuna before the festival, she was a loner, who had no friend. Now she has a boyfriend, and a best friend/love rival who even let go of her own feelings for the sake of Setsuna's happiness. Do you think Setsuna can let go of either her boyfriend or her best friend? Kinda hard for a former loner like Setsuna while her character is sweet and caring.
And bathing together apparently shows intimacy between party members in Japan, so stop pussing over the pool bath scene please.
Nov 25, 2013 3:05 AM

Jan 2008
Touma and Haruki do seem more like parents to Setsuna in a way.. it's like they're both afraid of her getting hurt and ignoring/not realizing their actual feelings as a result. It's an annoying situation just prolonging the inevitable.

Beaver897 said:
Why's the car a left-wheel drive? Aren't Japanese cars a right-wheel drive like Australian ones?

I'm guessing that the car is imported, as simple as that. Interesting detail though!
Nov 25, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
comochi said:

That thing in the spoiler doesn't mean anything, because:
-IC was linear
-Both Main females have their own ending in the VN.
It only works if WA2 was a generic harem romance, but this is adapted from a VN which has many routes and endings.

They can easily go with either routes. Heck, I really wish they can omnibus it like how it went with Amagami and Yosuga no Sora, because I really want to see "all the endings" in the anime.

Nov 25, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
People please stop labeling your opinions as spoilers it's really stupid, and it makes it look like you have no idea what a spoiler is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2013 5:31 PM
Jul 2012
Plot Twist. Setsuna x Touma
Nov 25, 2013 7:22 PM

Jun 2013
kaimax said:
I really wish they can omnibus it like how it went with Amagami and Yosuga no Sora, because I really want to see "all the endings" in the anime.

:shakehand:
Nov 25, 2013 8:40 PM
Aug 2012
kaimax said:
comochi said:

That thing in the spoiler doesn't mean anything, because:
-IC was linear
-Both Main females have their own ending in the VN.
It only works if WA2 was a generic harem romance, but this is adapted from a VN which has many routes and endings.

They can easily go with either routes. Heck, I really wish they can omnibus it like how it went with Amagami and Yosuga no Sora, because I really want to see "all the endings" in the anime.

But instead of getting a wonderfully fleshed out anime we'd get another Yosuga no Sora :(
BobbyDaFishermanJan 16, 2014 2:51 PM
Nov 25, 2013 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing to see all 3 bathing together in onsen !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 25, 2013 11:00 PM

Oct 2010
Setsuna is a shitty girlfriend. "Haruki-kun is just a precious friend". That low kick. Also her actions does not match her wants. She obviously knows that Haruki still has feels for Kazusa and secretly despises it, yet she takes every opportunity to push them together.

Also Kazusa needs to ii kagen ni shiro on her rudeness and tsundereness. It's become less of a character and more of an annoyance.

Looks like the performance was really the pinnacle of this season. Unfortunately, it's looking more like a generic love-triangle romance anime now. Now I know why was so into the last episode, yet was secretly dreading to watch this one. Meh.
Nov 26, 2013 1:25 AM

Jun 2008
HowTragic said:
Looks like the performance was really the pinnacle of this season. Unfortunately, it's looking more like a generic love-triangle romance anime now.

NOPE
I assure you, If it was generic, it won't get many awards in 2011. And the VN community is pretty strict about it.
Getchu awards version 2011
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character
White Album 2 won 4 from the 8 available categories (the rest was System/Graphic/Movie/Erotic)

It's a fact that the original story is rated highly by the masses, But all of that still depends on the adaptation of the 2nd part of the story since that's the part where the stories starts having routes and multiple endings.
( 1. Intro "this season"-> 2. Closing -> 3. Coda)

Nov 26, 2013 3:36 AM

Dec 2012
That was just an amazing episode. I'm so glad I gave this anime a shot.
Nov 26, 2013 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
HowTragic said:
Looks like the performance was really the pinnacle of this season. Unfortunately, it's looking more like a generic love-triangle romance anime now.

NOPE
I assure you, If it was generic, it won't get many awards in 2011. And the VN community is pretty strict about it.
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character
White Album 2 won 4 from the 8 available categories (the rest was System/Graphic/Movie/Erotic)

It's a fact that the original story is rated highly by the masses, But all of that still depends on the adaptation of the 2nd part of the story since that's the part where the stories starts having routes and multiple endings.

While I appreciate your efforts to provide a rebuttal, I can't help but notice "VN community" in your case. My opinion applies to the 8th episode of the anime. I said nothing about what quality the visual novel is. Most people who have played a visual novel before the anime adaption notice that comparing the two is woefully illogical. In my case, the 11eyes visual novel was tiers above the anime adaption, which failed to emphasize the important points of realization in the game, and felt like a hollow clusterfuck of sequential events. Is this reflected in the ratings? Yes. The VN made a name for Lass as one of the most popular visual novels of its time, yet most of of the fans consider the anime to be a travesty.

It has nothing to do with how great the original VN is. The problem lies with how well the studio fits the most impact of a 100 hour game within a short span of 4-8 hours. We're on MAL to talk about anime, not about the visual novel. If I wanted to ragebash the VN, I'd go on vndb and do it there. (which I won't because I'm playing WA1 as an testament to how much I enjoy the VN series)

Also, I don't exactly recall asserting that the anime was going to be the "generic" anime. I simply said that it was looking like one based on the current episode, since it is showing eerily similar scenes (protag spinelessness, heroines doing whatever the fuck they want with that "Got a problem?" attitude). It certainly wasn't what I expected after the bang that the original White Album went out with.
HowTragicNov 26, 2013 9:54 AM
Nov 26, 2013 10:04 AM
Oct 2011
HowTragic said:
kaimax said:
HowTragic said:

NOPE
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character

While I appreciate your efforts to provide a rebuttal, I can't help but notice "VN community" in your case. My opinion applies to the 8th episode of the anime. I said nothing about what quality the visual novel is. Most people who have played a visual novel before the anime adaption notice that comparing the two is woefully illogical. In my case, the 11eyes visual novel was tiers above the anime adaption, which failed to emphasize the important points of realization in the game, and felt like a hollow clusterfuck of sequential events. Is this reflected in the ratings? Yes. The VN made a name for Lass as one of the most popular visual novels of its time, yet most of of the fans consider the anime to be a travesty.

It has nothing to do with how great the original VN is. The problem lies with how well the studio fits the most impact of a 100 hour game within a short span of 4-8 hours. We're on MAL to talk about anime, not about the visual novel. If I wanted to ragebash the VN, I'd go on vndb and do it there. (which I won't because I'm playing WA1 as an testament to how much I enjoy the VN series)

Also, I don't exactly recall asserting that the anime was going to be the "generic" anime. I simply said that it was looking like one based on the current episode, since it is showing eerily similar scenes (protag spinelessness, heroines doing whatever the fuck they want with that "Got a problem?" attitude). It certainly wasn't what I expected after the bang that the original White Album went out with.

The anime is very close to the source material. Is being adapted by the creator of the visual novel. And it's not 50-100 hours, since only the first part is being adapted (6-10 hours only).

But to say that the festival was the pinnacle of the series and the rest will be generic, is precipitated with only one episode. I can only say to wait and see what will happen. I don't know any romance anime that has similar development.
Nov 26, 2013 10:24 AM
Nov 2013
HowTragic said:
Setsuna is a shitty girlfriend. "Haruki-kun is just a precious friend". That low kick. Also her actions does not match her wants. She obviously knows that Haruki still has feels for Kazusa and secretly despises it, yet she takes every opportunity to push them together.

Also Kazusa needs to ii kagen ni shiro on her rudeness and tsundereness. It's become less of a character and more of an annoyance.

Looks like the performance was really the pinnacle of this season. Unfortunately, it's looking more like a generic love-triangle romance anime now. Now I know why was so into the last episode, yet was secretly dreading to watch this one. Meh.

IMO love-triangles in general are generic. They all honestly go the same way. Two people like each other and one gets hurt. That is a basic concept of a love-triangle. The reason it's good is cause this is a show about three people whom are each terrible in their very own ways. The way their personalities are, are actually more realistic than many anime characters. Personally I haven't played the VN, so I don't know jack about what happens, but I think we can all agree(foreshadow first ep)... everyone is probably going to get hurt.
Nov 26, 2013 11:07 AM
Nov 2013
Ok, this is off topic, but, the scence where setsuna is singing to that song in the car, is that a real song? And if so, does anyone know it?

Btw, I'm new here nice to meet everyone. :)
Nov 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
MagicFlier said:
AsianKungFu said:

Mixed baths anyone?

He doesn't even love her? ...Are we even watching the same show here?

It's already shown that Haruki is attracted to Setsuna in some way.
We've also already been shown that Haruki is convinced that Kazusa doesn't seem to be attracted to him through a few implications it seems. He even told Kazusa directly that he started dating Setsuna. Setsuna made the first move, and she got her prize, simple as that; And he accepted it because he is also attracted to Setsuna, so at this point he still hasn't realized his true feelings on who he is actually attracted to.
There is no rule where you can only be attracted to a single girl or guy. So you could say he loves them both.
Love is all about indecisiveness if your rash with your decisions. That doesn't mean any of the people involved are to blame though, because you can't help but be rash when your experiencing something the first few times.

That...is actually very well put and I don't think I could have explained it to AsianKungFu better myself.

No offense AsianKungFu, but if we went by your mindset, the act of "cheating" would never exist. As MagicFlier so eloquently put it, Haruki simply feels conflicted because he's essentially in love with two girls. Yes, that is POSSIBLE and due to the circumstances surrounding Haruki, Kazusa, and Setsuna just so happen to be creating such a case.

With that being said, does that make Haruki a bad person? Does that make all people who cheat in relationships bad people? No. While there are some bad people that cheat, good people making poor decisions can cheat as well.

It certainly isn't unnatural to like two girls at the same time. Hell, even I'll admit I like two girls at the moment (and strangely enough out of a strange set of circumstances, I cannot date either of them since one is studying in NYC and the other is studying in Calgary...with myself being stuck in-between studying in Minnesota). You make it sound simple when feelings don't work that way. It is incredibly difficult to part ways with someone that you have feelings with and Haruki is in a difficult position because not only would that be potentially damaging to his relationship to Setsuna, but the friendship the three of them share together as well.

It's a slippery slope to say the least and that's what gives this series a rather ominous feel. We've heard bits and pieces of Haruki's inner monologue about the events that have taken place and the tone of his voice gives this series the feel that he feels deep regret for something. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out and this series might dive into the details of what happens when you engage in two relationships at the same time (here's hoping this series doesn't turn out like School Days). Kanpai! *taps glasses with both of you*
Nov 26, 2013 11:54 AM
Nov 2013
I agree, great evaluation.
Nov 26, 2013 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
lawl white album 2 is similar to true tears/kimikiss but not as crap basically (well IC at the very least).

True tears basically failed to show any proper chemistry between the MC and Hiromi. So when he picked her at the end, it felt empty and a lot of audience members couldn't even see why he would pick her other than she was hotter (and yeah that really is the only reason the show ever gave). While at least in WA2 he's been shown to have chemistry with both girls. It's much much much better written in that regard.
Nov 26, 2013 1:36 PM

Jun 2008
Glad to see someone else actually understands on how Haruki feels about his dilemma.

You're okay to hate his actions and decisions, but please try to understand on how hard it is for him and for both of the girls, there's no easy path for Haruki to choose.

Nov 27, 2013 3:32 AM

Oct 2013
kaimax said:
Glad to see someone else actually understands on how Haruki feels about his dilemma.

You're okay to hate his actions and decisions, but please try to understand on how hard it is for him and for both of the girls, there's no easy path for Haruki to choose.

agree, whatever path it take, a girl will be broken a part, i got surprise about this episode, but i just think its the calm before the storm, it was clearly evident that haruki has feeling for touma and touma for haruki, the show clealy showed it when touma say about boyfriend, the show focused on the haruki reaction followed by setsuna seeing it.

p.s he will be difficult for our MC... excited for the sequel, actually this show is so far VERY GOOD 9/10, a great potential forward it
Nov 27, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2010
Thanos_ said:
HowTragic said:
kaimax said:
HowTragic said:

NOPE
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character

The anime is very close to the source material. Is being adapted by the creator of the visual novel. And it's not 50-100 hours, since only the first part is being adapted (6-10 hours only).

I think it's quite obvious that Leaf is listed as the "original creator", since in any adaption of a VN, the VN creator is listed as such. Thus, I don't see why "adapted by the creator of the visual novel" provides any contextual support. The studio, Satelight, decides nearly every aspect of the anime, ranging from how much budget is allocated to it, into how the episode is organized. Realize how LITTLE of an influence the original creator actually has on the anime adaption. In Leaf's case, they might have the funding to contribute a little bit to the animation (unlike poor mangakkas who are merely elated by the fact that their work is being animated), but unless they own the studio (which they don't, as Satelight is a subsidiary of the Sankyo Group), they really don't do anything.

Also, I don't quite understand what the "it's not 50-100 hours, since only the first part is adapted" is suppose to imply. I already stated that in my previous comments that adaptions need to cut down 50-100 hours of story into 4-10 hours of animation.

Lastly, if you really have never seen a romance anime with similar love-triangle development, then either you don't watch much anime, or you're seeing new and innovative non-existent scenes in this anime. Episode 8 was the epitome of a generic love-triangle anime with people being all emotional, MC being spineless, heroines being bleh. After the enjoyable first 7 episodes that the series built up, I find it irksome if it ends on this note for the rest of the season. I sincerely hope they step it up the next episode.
Nov 27, 2013 11:52 AM
Oct 2011
HowTragic said:
Thanos_ said:
HowTragic said:
kaimax said:
HowTragic said:

NOPE
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character

I think it's quite obvious that Leaf is listed as the "original creator", since in any adaption of a VN, the VN creator is listed as such. Thus, I don't see why "adapted by the creator of the visual novel" provides any contextual support. The studio, Satelight, decides nearly every aspect of the anime, ranging from how much budget is allocated to it, into how the episode is organized. Realize how LITTLE of an influence the original creator actually has on the anime adaption. In Leaf's case, they might have the funding to contribute a little bit to the animation (unlike poor mangakkas who are merely elated by the fact that their work is being animated), but unless they own the studio (which they don't, as Satelight is a subsidiary of the Sankyo Group), they really don't do anything.

Also, I don't quite understand what the "it's not 50-100 hours, since only the first part is adapted" is suppose to imply. I already stated that in my previous comments that adaptions need to cut down 50-100 hours of story into 4-10 hours of animation.

Lastly, if you really have never seen a romance anime with similar love-triangle development, then either you don't watch much anime, or you're seeing new and innovative non-existent scenes in this anime. Episode 8 was the epitome of a generic love-triangle anime with people being all emotional, MC being spineless, heroines being bleh. After the enjoyable first 7 episodes that the series built up, I find it irksome if it ends on this note for the rest of the season. I sincerely hope they step it up the next episode.

When I talked about the creator of the original visual novel, I mean he is the supervisor of the anime script, and wrote scripts for all the episodes of the anime. Maruto the writer of the visual novel and the anime is the same.

And you do not seem to understand how the relationship between producer and studio works in this case. Satelight decides nothing. The studio is just an employee.

Who decides the rest is anime production committee, which is led by Aquaplus guess what, company that owns Leaf and made the visual novel. She is the main financier of this anime and decide the budget and all the rest. Satelight is not on the production committee.

So, in this case the writer here is what has the greatest influence, as well as writing all the episodes, is a member of Aquaplus.

And about the hours. The anime is not adapting 50-100 hours. But, it's adapting only 8-10 hours. White Album 2 is separated in two parts, the first part of 8-10 hours, the second part 50-80 hours. The anime only covers the first part.

So the time difference between the first part of the VN and anime is not much.

About similar love triangle anime, I just say for the moment, wait and see.
Nov 27, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2012
was expecting some Tragic Car Accident then give them amnesia and thus the problem begin .... hope its better than that.. i just can't wait

in the bath with them? woah what is this! the first time i saw the guy didn't get kicked out of the space or slap so hard! lol! one lucky Bastard!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Nov 27, 2013 11:23 PM

Oct 2010
Thanos_ said:
HowTragic said:
Thanos_ said:
HowTragic said:
kaimax said:
HowTragic said:

NOPE
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character

When I talked about the creator of the original visual novel, I mean he is the supervisor of the anime script, and wrote scripts for all the episodes of the anime. Maruto the writer of the visual novel and the anime is the same.

And you do not seem to understand how the relationship between producer and studio works in this case. Satelight decides nothing. The studio is just an employee.

Who decides the rest is anime production committee, which is led by Aquaplus guess what, company that owns Leaf and made the visual novel. She is the main financier of this anime and decide the budget and all the rest. Satelight is not on the production committee.

So, in this case the writer here is what has the greatest influence, as well as writing all the episodes, is a member of Aquaplus.

And about the hours. The anime is not adapting 50-100 hours. But, it's adapting only 8-10 hours. White Album 2 is separated in two parts, the first part of 8-10 hours, the second part 50-80 hours. The anime only covers the first part.

First of all, just because Fumiaki Maruto is the original script writer for the visual novel and the anime does not mean that he can operate above time and animation constraints. He has tens of thousands of lines to express his story in the VN. This is cut down to 20 minutes worth of lines per episode. How well he is able to make this transitions speaks for the quality of the anime. I'm assuming that your argument is that because the script writer is the same for both and anime and VN, and the VN was rated was winning whatever awards, the anime is, by default, free from flaw and riding on the VN's fame (and even if it isn't, it's irrelevant). Unfortunately that's not how I rate things. I judge based on what I see, not what is backing it up.
I'm convinced that it is you who have no idea what the relationship between original creator and studio is. I'm curious on why you seem to be so complacent on your explanation of how producer and studio works. Do you have some sort of support behind this or are you subtly making things up as you go along? What's your evidence for the entire anime production committee led by Aquaplus? Is the Shingeki committee led by the non-existence "Shingeki Company" comprised of author, Hajime Isayama? No. The committee is more likely comprised mostly of officials from the studio, and then perhaps Isayama and/or the publishing company. The reason why so many anime adaptions of visual novels are such travesty is because the original creator has little to no saying in how it is produced. The amount of control each company has in the anime adaption might vary (with Aquaplus being more of the controlling side), but I'm going to go out on the whim and say: "Eroge companies don't want to make their anime adaptions look like shit if they can help it." Unfortunately, so many do end up just that.

About the hours: You seem to realize that intro is 10 hours, while the closing chapters is 50-100 hours of text. While you might argue that this first season is only narrating 10 hours of story, that leaves the second 13 episode season to narrate the remaining 50-100 hours. I don't see how I'm mistaken, nor do I see how this is relevant to the argument at hand. Fitting 100 hours into 6 hours is an unfortunate fact of adaptions. Doesn't mean we should be lowering out standards to accommodate.

The last thing is something that I really hope people would pull their heads out and understand already. I'm a music guy. To me the concert is the pinnacle of the anime since I can close my eyes and imagine how exciting it must be to be in that situation. This holds the same for WA1, iM@S and other music orientated anime. This is an opinion. It is not a cleverly disguised attack to kick fanboys in the cherry while snickering behind. I couldn't care less about what other people think of something, as we're all entitled to our own opinions, and that's theirs. But I do believe I'm entitled to my own without people trying to press their views onto me, taking my opinion as a fact that's challenging their precious waifus and feelz. I tend to overlook comments and replies unless it's someone obnoxiously quoting wrong information and calling an opinion wrong. Freedom of opinion. I know, I'm asking for a lot.
Nov 28, 2013 12:53 AM

Aug 2012
HowTragic said:

The last thing is something that I really hope people would pull their heads out and understand already. I'm a music guy.

What exactly is your point here? I'm a musician as well, and I don't know what the relevance of this statement is.
Nov 28, 2013 9:11 AM
Oct 2011
HowTragic said:
Thanos_ said:
HowTragic said:
Thanos_ said:
HowTragic said:
kaimax said:
HowTragic said:

NOPE
-Best General (Overall)
-Best Scenario
-Best Music
-Best Character

First of all, just because Fumiaki Maruto is the original script writer for the visual novel and the anime does not mean that he can operate above time and animation constraints. He has tens of thousands of lines to express his story in the VN. This is cut down to 20 minutes worth of lines per episode. How well he is able to make this transitions speaks for the quality of the anime. I'm assuming that your argument is that because the script writer is the same for both and anime and VN, and the VN was rated was winning whatever awards, the anime is, by default, free from flaw and riding on the VN's fame (and even if it isn't, it's irrelevant). Unfortunately that's not how I rate things. I judge based on what I see, not what is backing it up.
I'm convinced that it is you who have no idea what the relationship between original creator and studio is. I'm curious on why you seem to be so complacent on your explanation of how producer and studio works. Do you have some sort of support behind this or are you subtly making things up as you go along? What's your evidence for the entire anime production committee led by Aquaplus? Is the Shingeki committee led by the non-existence "Shingeki Company" comprised of author, Hajime Isayama? No. The committee is more likely comprised mostly of officials from the studio, and then perhaps Isayama and/or the publishing company. The reason why so many anime adaptions of visual novels are such travesty is because the original creator has little to no saying in how it is produced. The amount of control each company has in the anime adaption might vary (with Aquaplus being more of the controlling side), but I'm going to go out on the whim and say: "Eroge companies don't want to make their anime adaptions look like shit if they can help it." Unfortunately, so many do end up just that.

About the hours: You seem to realize that intro is 10 hours, while the closing chapters is 50-100 hours of text. While you might argue that this first season is only narrating 10 hours of story, that leaves the second 13 episode season to narrate the remaining 50-100 hours. I don't see how I'm mistaken, nor do I see how this is relevant to the argument at hand. Fitting 100 hours into 6 hours is an unfortunate fact of adaptions. Doesn't mean we should be lowering out standards to accommodate.

The last thing is something that I really hope people would pull their heads out and understand already. I'm a music guy. To me the concert is the pinnacle of the anime since I can close my eyes and imagine how exciting it must be to be in that situation. This holds the same for WA1, iM@S and other music orientated anime. This is an opinion. It is not a cleverly disguised attack to kick fanboys in the cherry while snickering behind. I couldn't care less about what other people think of something, as we're all entitled to our own opinions, and that's theirs. But I do believe I'm entitled to my own without people trying to press their views onto me, taking my opinion as a fact that's challenging their precious waifus and feelz. I tend to overlook comments and replies unless it's someone obnoxiously quoting wrong information and calling an opinion wrong. Freedom of opinion. I know, I'm asking for a lot.

The production committee is in the credits. It is something well known, is not a secret or anything like that. The production committe consists in AQUAPLUS, PROJECT W.A2 (AQUAPLUS created the name for the Leaf employees involved in the anime, Maruto included) and Starchild Records. Sometimes some anime studios are part of the committee, this is not the case here with Satelight. (Sunrise, Kyoani, Production IG are often a part of committes) They are listed in order of investments. And it's really rare that a visual novel company lead committees to produce their own animes. White Album 2 is one of these rare cases.

Again I say that the studio is only employee in this case. Makes no decision in production or anything budget related. They receive the budget from the committee and work with it.

This link is useful (primarily 2.3 and 2.31 relative to this discussion). http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=2036845&postcount=3

And how you know the second season will have 13 episodes? We don't know if a second season will be produced. We are only talking about this season, and what is being adapted. So what I said before still applies.

I read the original vn and I watch the anime, and I can say this adaptation is very faithful, as much a adaptation can be. I give the credit to the writer Maruto by having greater control over his work, in committee lead by Aquaplus.

I'm convinced that it is you who have no idea what the relationship between original creator and studio is.

I have. This adaptation is different. Most of the adaptations the creator is not directly involved in writing all the episodes. In adaptations usually the creator has no creative decision. White Album 2 is one of the few adaptations which this not the case. I explained the motives above.
Alphonse_HarryNov 28, 2013 9:16 AM
Nov 30, 2013 3:42 PM
Oct 2013
Hey can someone link me the song Setsuna sang in the car plz?
Nov 30, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2008
aanndirmeew said:
Hey can someone link me the song Setsuna sang in the car plz?

1997 old song, out of nowhere. lol
White Love, by SPEED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wXamUg4oQk

Nov 30, 2013 6:01 PM
Oct 2013
Thanks, for the song ill check out your blog.
Dec 1, 2013 12:22 AM
Apr 2012
That BMW Touma was driving is such a fitting car for her! If you know what I mean by watching other BMW drivers in real life. =P
Dec 1, 2013 12:58 AM
Nov 2013
I'd love to hear a full rendition of that song by setsuna's seiyuu(forgot her name). Hopefully they'll release a full cover for it on the soundtrack or something :D
Dec 11, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2012
I WANT them to stay together!
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 18, 2013 12:52 AM

Jan 2012
Poor BMW. D:
Dec 20, 2013 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah I'm pretty sure Kitahara's gay; first the catfight, then the spa scene.

He turns and looks AWAY from the girls both times.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.