Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 18, 2012 4:35 PM

Feb 2011
Bye Medusa ^w^
Aug 28, 2012 2:25 PM

Nov 2009
I wish Chrona had killed her but whatever the evil witch is dead! Now we get to see Black Star fight Mifune again! Hopefully there's some more Kid action in there too.
Sep 10, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2012
YES, Stein is back, Marie was AWESOME and Medusa's dead! ^-^
Oct 15, 2012 7:13 PM

Oct 2011
hm.. the way maka just used genie hunter and the way medusa died weren't worth it :/ both deserved something better or more dramatic

well and why did crona survive? i mean.. he/she/it was clearly dead and not just nearly dead, crona died in maka's arms.. so how could stein save crona, there were 2 fights between his/her/its death and crona getting saved.. that just doesn't match up :/
Oct 18, 2012 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
Mifune vs Black Star... I've actually been waiting for this (surprisingly).
Oct 25, 2012 4:08 PM
Jul 2012
Good that Stien is back to normal.
I wanted Chrona dead. Don care for that fight.
Black star vs Mifune will be awesome.
3/5
Dec 17, 2012 2:43 AM

May 2012
Oh hey, Maka is about to be impaled since she apparently forgot about MEDUSAAAAAA!, i'm gonna heroically prove my worth and save her!

On second thought.... screw that, i'm just knock her over and kill myself like an idiot.

*SIGH*

Also, if Marie's sudden healing powers was the cure Stein's madness, why didnt she just use it in the first place?
At least Medusa's dead (finally) and Stein's back to normal (evil Stein was boring) but man, what a meh episode. Shame, it could've been so badass! 3/5
who_dat_ninjaDec 17, 2012 2:54 AM
Feb 9, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
Nice victory against Medusa, the bitch is finally dead for good. Looking forward to Black star vs Mifune.

Mar 21, 2013 6:00 PM

May 2012
Damn amazing episode! Good that they didn't kill Crona yet... and that finally (at least I hope that this is the last time) that Medusa is dead! And ofc that Dr.Stein is back to normal!

Great ending with a start for another battle between Black Star and Mifune!
Mar 25, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
Quite an awesome episode and it was sad when Crona Died :'(
However the mistranslation from Arabic in the end pissed me off, that spelt Braveries and not bravery
Die the Desu...
Sentenced to Desu...
Great Equaliser is Desu...
Jun 7, 2013 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome fight, great episode! Stein is back hurray!!!!
Jun 23, 2013 5:11 PM

Feb 2012
It's over. Well glad Medusa finally got what was coming to her.
Oct 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
The postcard moment at the end was rather annoying since i know Farsi and i knew what that word meant since the beginning so that ended up being rather recurring and annoying. I just wanted to scream at them "IT JUST SAYS BRAVERY FOR GODS SAKE" and they just had to build up on it and make a sentimental moment out of it as well didn't they -.- More importantly Medusa died (albeit in a rather boring fashion)! Although i kinda felt as though there was no impact on her death this time. She should have just died when Stein killed her.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Feb 15, 2014 8:09 AM
Oct 2013
why medusa's soul disappeared ? :/
I thought after they finally killed her.. soul should'v eat her soul right ? :/
Feb 15, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2013
Khero said:
why medusa's soul disappeared ? :/
I thought after they finally killed her.. soul should'v eat her soul right ? :/

I never actually caught that but now that I think about it, Id say because the Majin Hunter attack is incredibly powerful against "evil", it wouldnt be wrong to say it straight up destroyed the "evil" in its path which in this case was Medusa in a weakened state by simply being in a spirit form. Even in the manga, Maka has to "solidify" a certain enemy before being able to attack them with Majin Hunter to take their soul.
Mar 3, 2014 5:31 PM
Oct 2013
This episode made me really happy! Well first it almost made me cry because they had to go and "Kill" off one of my characters in a super-dramatic fashion, but then they brought back Chrona and Stein, who are my two favorite characters! I had seriously forgotten just how much I loved Stein at the beginning! I thought it was fairly beautiful overall, I can't quite understand why everyone hates it.
Apr 9, 2014 6:58 AM

Feb 2014
I don't really like the episode. I really like Medusa and I knew she would die, but it was so pathetic... I prefer how she "died" the first time. I'm disappointed with this fight.
Jun 4, 2014 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
Oh give me a break.. Who couldn't see that "death" of Crona coming from a mile away? And the way they did it with the forced drama... Maka I'm sorry but no matter how much I try I just can't like you as a character. All I see is a teenage girl with a "I have to be best" complex. Soul is the single reason screen time with you is any enjoyable at all.

Gasps. Hopefully the next episode featuring Black Star (best character of this show) will make up for the trainwreck that this episode stood for.
Sep 16, 2014 5:16 AM
Dec 2011
yes!!!!!!!! medusa is gone ... crona can have a peace full life do what he want to do i cried when crona got hit...and was thrilled to have stein back i miss you sexy professor :3
Dec 12, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
Don't scary the courage is in your hearts. ;)

Damn saying "operation" ten times consecutive it's too much complicated... xD
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 9, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
This was pretty awesome! I actually like how Medusa's demise was sort of anti-climactic. Not sure if that's lazy writing or it was on purpose, though. And I actually thought Crona was gonna die right there, even if it would have been a hasty death scene. It was still a pretty sad moment.

It's interesting how much of a polarizing effect Maka's character seems to have had on the audience, probably since episode one. I kind of blame the inconsistent characterization for that, but I admit her original voice could be considered... unorthodox.

Also, welcome back Stein!
Jul 4, 2015 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
So, Medusa is finally defeated. It was about time. Can't wait for the next episode. It's gonna be the fight of the century BlackStar Vs Mifune!
Nov 15, 2015 5:12 AM

Jun 2015
I'm disappointed with the fight but overall it was a good episode. I'm glad that Stein is back to normal, Marie really cares for him and I'm impatiently waiting to finally read manga and see how their relation develops. @@
The way Medusa died was... unsatisfying. People usually wanna see bad/annoying characters suffer or at least die in some awesome, flashy fight. that wasn't the case here and I'm pretty sure that was intentional. She did her job though, and she was pretty good villain.
Dec 12, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2015
Mary you did it!! You saved Stein. Nice work Maka. Your father wasn't able to beat her. A 4 star and you a 1 star were. Fuck Logic. He's just a mere Death Scythe a 12 year old student can...
Mar 8, 2016 5:21 PM
Mar 2016
I feel like they may not be completely done with Medusa yet. Just like the last time, they didn't get Medusa's soul. There are some of Medusa's snakes in the frog girl (I keep forgetting her name) and Marie, right? Maybe she pulls off a trick similar to the last one. I hope not, though... It'd be lame if they did the same thing twice. I still have a feeling Medusa ain't completely gone yet.
Jan 3, 2017 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
Finally the bitch is dead!!!
Feb 2, 2017 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
Meh. I didn't think any bad of the anime taking a different course than the manga, but the writing really crumbled on this episode. It's filler and it shows.
Horribly anticlimatic and rushed.
All in the span of a single episode, Crona survives, Stein is suddenly cured, Medusa dies and Maka has hax powers, everything out of nowhere. The whole episode is a giant, rushed, anticlimatic arsepull.
Even the red imp scene looked like if it was written by a poor fanfic writer.
Everyone seemed out of character and the whole thing was really forgettable, especially compared with the awesome Stein vs. Medusa battle.
Worst episode of the anime by far, 1/5.
Mar 10, 2017 7:09 AM

Jan 2013
Compared to the first time Genie Hunter was used it kinda felt bland seeing it this time around, it was just .... there.
Medusa dying was to be expected but just way too sudden.

How the hell are they going to finish this show with now a fight between Black Star and Mifune? (which will probably take the entire next episode)
Nov 3, 2018 1:34 AM

Mar 2016
Oh shit, that was a dirty move Medusa! Chrona got impaled for trying to save Maka. Though Maka's rage is quite it was cool to see nevertheless. What I don't like about this is that this meant that Chrona won't be the one defeating Medusa, making Chrona's confrontation with her mother nothing more than a self-reassuring threat.

Genie hunter is cool though, I've been longing to see Medusa die for real spectacularly as she deserved it for being such an amazing evil villain of the series. It's appropriate though, a new world order means a new main antagonist.

Oh that shocked reaction Mosquito had right after mocking DWMA is satisfying! Black Star and Tsubaki is coming for you all! Now Mifune is the one blocking the way, this will be an epic fight!
Apr 25, 2019 7:26 AM

Dec 2018
Medusa said that couldn't kill Kishin,lol, as if she ever kill Kishin. But ofc it will proven to be true cause the author want it.

Yeah Chrona wouldn't need to die to a pathetic character like Medusa, but since she was her mother it should be ok I guess.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 30, 2019 1:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She got defeated to easily to be honest, at least it was a great fight
Jan 9, 2020 4:48 PM

May 2016
It's great that Crona managed to survive through that severe injury of his in his brave act to save Maka from getting killed since it wouldn't have felt like a victory if he really died even if they saved Stein and killed Medusa in the end.

It's rather handy for Marie to have a specialized healing wavelength and Maka to be able to use Genie Hunter at that exact time thanks to her Soul Resonance Link with Stein.

Black Star's a force to be reckoned with and it's now time for Round 3 against the samurai!

Jan 11, 2022 11:24 AM

Mar 2020
so she's finally gone, that witch had more lives than blair..
Nov 16, 2022 11:42 AM
Feb 2022
This episode was absolutely divine and filled me with so many emotions.
Dec 3, 2022 5:53 PM
May 2021
clean animation with good humor
Dec 12, 2022 10:17 AM

Dec 2018
i thought it was an amazing episode, i almost cried when crona got stabbed; did they get a witches soul? didn't look like it but i'm really confused as to how this all works at this point.
Dec 30, 2022 8:12 PM

Apr 2016
That went faster than I thought it would go even though everything felt very convenient.
Oct 8, 2023 10:08 PM

Oct 2020
Here's to hoping Medusa stays dead this time
I liked seeing Maka be.. successful. It seems like she was on somewhat of a losing streak so it was nice to see her and Soul pull a win, especially against Medusa

Also, Stein translated the note which was neat since my mom said the same thing when she first read it in Farsi
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Apr 7, 2008

272 by Erickgamer »»
Apr 30, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 28, 2008

116 by MORANGA »»
Mar 31, 11:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.