Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2009 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet another spectaularly great episode! I was certainly surprised - I didn't expect "someone" to be finished off like that. (Too bad, in a way.)

And wtf is in the preview for episode 46 - is a "certain sword" actually coming to participate?

BTW - as with the ending animations of FMA, the ending animation of Soul Eater obviously doesn't have anything particularly predictive about it.

Gawd, this is a great show!
Feb 16, 2009 9:22 PM

Dec 2008
Did we watch the same episode?
Maka was the one to do the work, again. That was boring. Medusa was also boring. It was very predictable… What, suddenly Maka gets all the powers of the universe? I really, RAELLY wanted Crona to have this one. But it seems that the writers just want him/her out of the way. He/She's probably isn't going to do anything anymore. Well… at least Exclalibur is coming back next week. ("Fool!")
And let's hope they won't ruin the battle against Mifune. And at least we got the good ol' Stein back.
Feb 16, 2009 11:41 PM

Apr 2008
Sigh as I thought Maka had to ruin it...at least Medusa is gone finally and Stein is back to normal...but evil Stein was pretty sexy...lol
SevenFeb 17, 2009 7:19 PM
Feb 17, 2009 5:58 AM

Oct 2007
OMG! A lot of drama & didn't expect that to happened to Medusa, it's a pretty lame way to die especially if it's Medusa we're talking about but this epi still rocks on my book. So Marie's true weapon form is a hammer/tonfa? That's kinda unusual but it looks awesome. Too bad Stein didn't stay in his villain role, I really would like to see him more playing the bad guy. Finally, got to see a glimpse of Black Star vs. Mifune - Round 3, can't wait to see that in the next epi. Oh, and Excalibur got a role in the invasion?... WTF! O_O

Feb 18, 2009 2:16 PM

Apr 2008
After reading the latest manga chapter. Which wasn't very good. I was realy disapointed by this episode. I hated Stein's expressions. Medusa was just realy lame in this episode.

Marrie's weapon form matches with Stein's fighting style very well (putting aside that it looked ugly). You know the way how he gaurds with his weapon and the comes with soul force from the left.

Power scales where so wrong. Medusa is stronger than Stein even in that kiddy form. Maka is way weaker than Stein and Bones is using the demonhunter as a deus ex machina. Which I hate. Medusa would never say it if she woul kill Crona. She would use the word punish. In the manga she even said she loves Crona to Maka. But that could just be her manipulating for kicks thing. The thing with the noise was lame.

They shoud have killed Medusa after her fight with Stein cuz this was just to lame to be Medusa's end and again with Maka's moodswings. Is she having her goddamn period or something!?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Feb 18, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2009
Perfect! I love Marie sensei now =x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2009 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
I was upset that Crona was outed, and Maka was the one to kill Medusa. Seriously, I wanted Crona to kill her own mother. Thats what I was hoping for. Maka gets all the glory. Fail.

And what happened to the black blood?! Didnt Soul Drown in it and suddenly it was gone. I was so confused. Was it Marie's doing? Since she has the poqer to calm hearts...?

At least Stein is back, I love him as his normal, not insane and Medusa filled, self. :D
Feb 19, 2009 8:00 PM
May 2008
YES 46 IS NEXT. BLACK STAR VS MIFUNE HERE I COME. I hope they somehow find a way to make it a not so watered-down version of the actual fight

Like I said in 44... Welcome back Stein :D Fk yea
KazungaFeb 19, 2009 8:04 PM
Mar 11, 2009 9:06 AM

Jul 2008
Maxi1234 said:
Did we watch the same episode?
Maka was the one to do the work, again. That was boring. Medusa was also boring. It was very predictable… What, suddenly Maka gets all the powers of the universe? I really, RAELLY wanted Crona to have this one.

Making Crona having the kill would be so much stupid, she is not strong enough to kill Medusa, the difference in strengh is world apart since she can't even use her black blood against her and then you want her to kill Medusa? No way.

Medusa took on the strongest Meister and the strongest deathscythe and cornered them so much that she only lost because the death god has awakened otherwise she would has won, a full blast from Crona would have no effect whatsoever on her.

Sorry but this time the ''If we want, we can!'' Shonen policy is just not strong enough to make it happen.

The only people who could kill Medusa were Stein and Maka, I wouldn't have mind any of the both since they both have a reason to hate Medusa, Crona sure would has been the one who should have finished her but she was too weak at the moment, if the figth would has been delayed after Crona would has got stronger it would be another matter.
Mar 11, 2009 6:12 PM

Aug 2008
Maka insane again? Cool!!!
Apr 6, 2009 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
Epic. Hope Meduse is dead now, and finally Black Star fight is coming.
Apr 6, 2009 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
I really like this episode, mainly because I'm thrilled that Medusa's part in the story is over with. I didn't like how like how much the plot has been stretching all over the place.

BEGINNER
Apr 8, 2009 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
Yay finally Medusa is gone!
Apr 12, 2009 7:27 AM

Jul 2008
maka was badass in this ep, but medusa dying was kinda lame, she would've deserved a more spectular death......
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Apr 12, 2009 9:36 PM
May 2008
B-b... B-b... BAAAAAAWWWW!!! ;______;

FINALLY LOVELY STEIN'S BAAAACK! Oh my, my, I really feel like crying for that! Hahaha, I seriously missed him sooo much. Crazy Stein is awesome and all, but...
sweet lovely SANE Stein FTW. (Heh, I just noticed how much I love this caracter).

Anyways, it was really nice to see Marie actually fight for once. But... what the... the way Maka finished Medusa looked so... simple? I'm not really fond of battle scenes and stuff... but... It's disappointing me a little. Is Medusa really gone, just like that? It wouldn't surprise me if she appears the next episode... again.
Apr 14, 2009 2:52 PM

Jun 2008
Not bad at all but it sucks that Medusa was beaten. =/
Jun 6, 2009 11:46 PM

May 2008
Im kinda sad that Medusa got defeated but at least Steinn is back woohoo

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2009 8:06 AM

Apr 2008
great episode =D ... this series is coming to a close xD

Jul 15, 2009 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder who's Crona's dad O_o

Jul 24, 2009 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
maaaaaaa
showdown at medusa's hideout xD
very cool fight ... stein is back ... medusa -> dead
but i'm a lil sad that medusa's dead now ... she was a really cool char ...

ItsMeAndrea said:

me too xDDD
"just take it easy xD"
Aug 16, 2009 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
You have to keep in mind that;

1. Medusa was nerfed, she had a kid body and only one snake left (she was composed of 1000 in the beginning)
2. Maka wasn't alone, stein gave her that opening for the final blow. Thats the hardest part, remember how stein finished of medusa without soul resonance?

but i got to agree that it was typical shounen and all that talk about maka's super mega ultra dangerous soulwavelength and whatnot was getting really boring.
Oct 11, 2009 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
Well it was expected that Maka was going to beat Medusa but hopefully we'll see a good fight between Black Star and Mifune next ep.

P.S. Did someone say Excalibur will be back? XD
Nov 20, 2009 11:34 PM

May 2009
Fuck yeah, Stein! He continues to be badass. XD
Nov 28, 2009 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
Woo Medusa's dead! I like cried when Crona almost died, because I actually thought she was dead haha. xD Great episode Stein's back and is as normal as ever! =]
HEY!
Dec 19, 2009 2:31 AM

Oct 2009
After the disapointing last episode, I think this one was awesome. Didn't expect Crona to almost get killed off either.

And finaly, Medusa is gone. :P
Feb 18, 2010 2:04 PM
Nov 2009
I freaked out when Crona was cut down, but it seems she'll be ok XD Honestly for once I'd like to see a major character from an anime die no matter how much I love them.

Apr 9, 2010 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
so medusa is finally defeated, thanks to... the anti demon wavelength!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 11, 2010 3:03 AM

Dec 2009
So in the end Crona doesn't die....
Jun 15, 2010 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
ItsMeAndrea said:

Yeah, I wonder that, too. o.O I bet Medusa killed the father, wanna bet? ¬¬"

This episode wasn't bad at all, but I would have liked to see Medusa die in a much more awesome way.
Jun 21, 2010 6:50 PM

May 2010
I wonder who Crona's father is too but the one im most curious about is who Kid's mother is
Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.
Jun 25, 2010 2:53 AM
Apr 2010
This episode really broke my heart when Crona was stabbed. Until Stein said that he would take care of Crona or whatever, I thought it might have been the end of Crona. I cried and my chest hurt.
Jul 10, 2010 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
Medusa's death wasn't as epic as it should have been. They could have at least made Maka's scythe swing a hell of a lot more dramatic than that since all we got was a small scrape and suddenly Medusa is gone. Kinda lame I'd say.
Jul 21, 2010 2:51 PM

Aug 2009
I knew that Marie was able for something! <3
The only bad thing is that Crona did absolutely nothing. Just a sacrifice.

Aside, wonderful episodes, including Black Star rushing everywhere. ... Mifune again?! Well, he is awesome, too.
Jul 24, 2010 5:24 PM

Apr 2010
Finally, Medusa is dead, I like the sound of it.
Marie's special ability is rather cool, I don't know why but she doesn't really fit Stein as a partner, I think he was far cooler with Spirit, yet she wasn't even half bad, I like her!

Mifune...I wonder if Black Star will defeat him this time!-- No he must defeat him!
I wonder where Kid is now? What he's planning to do! I hope to find out in the next episode!
Aug 9, 2010 10:22 PM

Aug 2008
While Maka is one of my favorite characters, I prefer how she's portrayed in the manga. She isn't quite so rage-city, piss-on-your-shoes, harpy, nutso screamo angry. She actually holds it together a lot better in the manga. Not saying she doesn't have her angry moments, but anime seems to take it to a whole new level. The constant yelling is getting annoying.

And WTF happened to Soul? It's like his reactions to the situation are non-existent. You'd think you'd be hearing more "MAKA!" during the episode. And when Crona lay dying... what, no reaction? Silence is perfectly acceptable, but I was at least expecting them to show him having a reaction, whether gritting his teeth or whatnot. He's suddenly taken a way big backseat in the anime and only comes out when Maka is doing something insane or stupid in order to inject some modem of sanity or snark.

And that's probably my biggest beef with the anime. The relationship between Maka and Soul has taken a backseat (no, not that kind of relationship). Their friendship/tag-team-duoness... it's just not really explored. It's like the animators accepted that the meister/weapon relationship is there, but they don't go further than just acknowledging its existence. Soul is Maka's weapon, he fights with her. Done.

And meanwhile, we're exploring the relationships between the meisters and other people instead. Maka and Crona, Kid and his father, Black Star and... okay, well, technically himself (like always) but his partnership with Tsubaki hasn't really been explored further. Exploring other relationships isn't bad, per se, but those become the main focus for all the characters. The weapons have basically been kicked to the wings of the stage to observe everything.

The manga, on the other hand, does look at other relationships and all the interconnections between people, but never loses sight of the core meister/weapon bond. And Soul and Maka are given pretty equal time to shine and develop.

So, for anime-only episodes, they're interesting enough and okay, but the first half of the series is WAAAAAAAY better than the second half. Bones did a decent enough job creating new material (and I give them props for trying), but I still prefer the manga overall.

Although, and I must admit that I do really like that...

*MANGA SPOILERS* *MANGA SPOILERS* *MANGA SPOILERS*
*MANGA SPOILERS* *MANGA SPOILERS* *MANGA SPOILERS*

...Crona stays and Justin isn't a bad guy in the anime (I L<3VE Justin... him joining Arachne made me all sadhat).
Sep 24, 2010 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
Mary naked + Geass; okay, she deserves him back.
Crona should have died though.

Shibusen sure is full of bitches though.
I will love you forever, Medusa.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2010 2:16 PM
Apr 2010
Medusa's death was dull..lol
And OMG! How many times must I see Blackstar fight Mr.100 swords..
Angra-MainyuNov 25, 2010 2:19 PM
Jan 25, 2011 8:43 AM

Dec 2008
My beloved Stein is back!!!!
Apr 3, 2011 3:06 AM

Aug 2009
alwaysbored said:
So in the end Crona doesn't die....

Yep.. I like Crona, but this is too reminiscent of Bleach's 'good guys never die' code. I liked the episode though, excluding that part.

Apr 8, 2011 10:13 PM

Oct 2008
Yay Stein.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 20, 2011 5:46 PM

Jan 2008
- Stein's finally saved from the madness. :D
- Bye Medusa.

ItsMeAndrea said:

Hm.. I wonder.
Jun 10, 2011 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
i just remembered, no one is collecting souls anymore are they? it seems like that goal to get a deathsytch is loooong forgotten.
anyway time for round 3 of black star vs mifune, only way to defeat him if he controls that zebra fey sword thing.

Jun 27, 2011 12:27 PM

Jan 2008
I liked insane Stein, but its nice to see him back to normal. I was freaking out after Crona got hit, but I'm glad to know he's apparently going to recover. I guess he won't be making it to the final battle though. Great episode!
Sep 13, 2011 11:36 AM

Dec 2010
Finally something happened! I was so tired of the buildups in the last 3 episodes!! glad that Stein's back although his madness wasn't really as crazy as I thought, it was kinda boring actually. And Crona should've been the one defeating Medusa! remember when he was a bad guy and he was actually sort of badass? exactly.

And yeah I love Mifune and I love Black Star, but it'd be nice to see them not fighting each other for once, the same with Justin and that other guy, I really don;t care much about the fights anymroe.
Oct 21, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2010
After 20 episodes of harping on Stein's growing madness it's solved as easily as a tag from Marie? Geez, couldn't she have done that earlier?

Beating Medusa was also pretty much a straight shonen action cliche.

Oh, well, whatever.
Nov 3, 2011 1:50 PM

Sep 2010
I won't believe that Medusa's actually dead until i see somebody take her soul &gt;_&gt;
And why didn't Marie use her healing soul wavelength attack on Stein earlier? Can it only be used when he has gone completely insane? But he was in pretty bad shape up until he finally left...
Jan 6, 2012 3:28 PM

Dec 2009
Nooo!!! Not Medusa ; _ ;

She died way to easily. When eh has been a major antagonist for a loong time.
And of course Maka had to be the one to kill her. pfft.

Now Maka can continue to beat the Kishin and why not throw in there Arachne as a bonus too.
Sir_LexaJan 7, 2012 5:04 AM
Jan 22, 2012 5:11 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, this was a big episode. Medusa was finally defeated, Stein was rescued, and it looks like Black Star and Mifune will have their battle next episode. Thank god Chrona's alive, though.
Mar 30, 2012 11:37 PM

Jan 2012
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEIN <3

So is it possible for any main character to die? Just when I thought..but no.
Jul 21, 2012 3:53 PM

Feb 2009
This has been losing a lot of it steam, mostly it is becoming uninteresting, but I did enjoy some of the action.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 28, 2008

116 by MORANGA »»
Mar 31, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

614 by Biisoo »»
Mar 30, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.