Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 13, 2013 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
Nice!!

But... They skip the whole Love-Love/Loli-Loli Hunter game... T_T That part was hilarious...

Tyrel said:
Sad to see that they took out the most funniest part of the scene with Kyousuke.

Loli-loli hunter incident with the sibling?
AirStylesOct 13, 2013 11:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2013 11:02 AM

Jul 2013
smilewolfy said:
so, Kyousuke is pretty much forcing these romantic events on Riki, Riki got embarrassed because, the idea has been put in his head and he's probably the type to get embarrassed about romance.

Riki's probably been convinced he likes Kurugaya, even though he doesn't, and Kurugaya's feelings are being played with because of this~

that's what I'm getting at least, and Kurugaya's Route is just some big event to make Rin and Riki realise their feelings for each other~

I died a little inside after reading this line, I really do wonder what JC Staff is trying to accomplish by giving this message.
Oct 13, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2011
VN guys... calm down with the comments.

I freaking love anime only viewer speculations. Stop discouraging the few that still exist!
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 13, 2013 11:23 AM
Apr 2013
Here's some food for thought... What if it is not about jealousy at all? What if she simply disapproved of Kyousuke forcing his plan onto Riki. Just because Riki reacted to Rin's death stare, doesn't mean it was directed at him.
Oct 13, 2013 11:23 AM
Sep 2013
Funya-Usagi said:

I freaking love anime only viewer speculations. Stop discouraging the few that still exist!

So true, KyoAni erased all sub-heroines' romance and dating part too. I didn't see many complain on it , why?

There's another thread about differences of VN and anime, so please just stop talking about that here.
Oct 13, 2013 11:28 AM
Apr 2013
I think people are looking a little too much into this. This is still Kurugaya's route. Rin's reactions like took 30 seconds of the entire episode, it is not like she has hijacked the entire arc. It isn't that big a deal.
MCALOct 13, 2013 11:35 AM
Oct 13, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
MCAL said:
Here's some food for thought... What if it is not about jealousy at all? What if she simply disapproved of Kyousuke forcing his plan onto Riki. Just because Riki reacted to Rin's death stare, doesn't mean it was directed at him.

What about when Rin was watching fireworks alone? and that face :(
Oct 13, 2013 11:34 AM
Apr 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
MCAL said:

The fireworks were still part of Kyousuke's plan. She's smart enough to realize that (Which is strange in itself, because I would have never imagined VN Rin being smart. Just another feather in JC Staff's cap I suppose).
Oct 13, 2013 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
MCAL said:
I think people are looking a little too much into this. This is still Kurugaya's route. Rin's reactions like took 30 seconds of the entire episode, it is not like she has hijacked the entire arc. It isn't that big a deal.

Probably because people are dead set on shipping them for whatever reason. I hope these aren't VN players shipping them.

Though because of the EX season I'm pretty sure Riki will just be forever alone.
Oct 13, 2013 11:39 AM

Sep 2013
MCAL said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
MCAL said:

The fireworks were still part of Kyousuke's plan. She's smart enough to realize that (Which is strange in itself, because I would have never imagined VN Rin being smart. Just another feather in JC Staff's cap I suppose).

Hmm true, It can go either way though. Rins feelings towards Riki, or your input on it, but all we can do is wait until next episode. Who do you think Riki loves though?
Oct 13, 2013 11:44 AM
Apr 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
MCAL said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
MCAL said:

Hmm true, It can go either way though. Rins feelings towards Riki, or your input on it, but all we can do is wait until next episode. Who do you think Riki loves though?

Good question. Judging by his reactions, I can't really doubt he feels something for Kurugaya. But there is also the fact that he looked at Rin when Kyousuke asked who he loved.
MCALOct 13, 2013 12:29 PM
Oct 13, 2013 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
MCAL said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
MCAL said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
MCAL said:

Good question. Judging by his reactions, I can't really doubt he feels something for Kurugaya. But there is also the fact that he looked at Rin when Kyousuke asked who he loved. It would be nice to see a potential love triangle, but Kurugaya's story doesn't end well (Well, unless you play her true end), so Rin it is I suppose. Honestly, it is going to make the ending of Kurugaya's route all the more sadder and I can't wait to see it.

Yea, it would be a sad episode indeed. Though episode 4 will be so epic I cant wait for it, I wonder if the extra scene's of Rin in episode 2,

Also another thing Riki also flashbacked to where Rin looked at him and questioned himself "who do I really love?"
DeathyZAOct 13, 2013 12:16 PM
Oct 13, 2013 12:07 PM
Apr 2013
More food for thought. If we for some reason discard the "Rin disapproving of Kyousuke" idea, there is also the possibility that it isn't jealousy that Rin feels, rather she is uncertain of her own feelings. She feels something (And maybe Kyousuke has something to do with it too), but doesn't know what they are exactly or how to deal with them.
Oct 13, 2013 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
Hey DeathDoUsPart, better put that about episode 4 in spoiler. This is episode 2 discussion D:
Oct 13, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
MCAL said:
More food for thought. If we for some reason discard the "Rin disapproving of Kyousuke" idea, there is also the possibility that it isn't jealousy that Rin feels, rather she is uncertain of her own feelings. She feels something (And maybe Kyousuke has something to do with it too), but doesn't know what they are exactly or how to deal with them.

Thats possibly it, her feelings are all muddled up, and she's confused about her own feelings, Rin and Riki have been together (obviously in the Little busters gang) for a long time, and she probably developed feelings for him quite awhile ago but doesent knw what to do about it. I for one find a lovey-dovey Rin so cute.
Oct 13, 2013 12:24 PM

Jul 2010
Funya-Usagi said:

Yeah...

CUT IT OFF, VN PLAYERS. STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS OF THE VN AND THINGS THAT WILL APPEAR IN THE NEXT EPISODES, PLEASE.
Oct 13, 2013 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
NayukiShiina said:
Funya-Usagi said:

Yeah...

CUT IT OFF, VN PLAYERS. STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS OF THE VN AND THINGS THAT WILL APPEAR IN THE NEXT EPISODES, PLEASE.

If they want to talk about the VN and the next episodes, they need to discuss it in the VN Thread. Or just put it in spoilers atleast o:
Oct 13, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
DeathDoUsPart said:
NayukiShiina said:
Funya-Usagi said:

Yeah...

If they want to talk about the VN and the next episodes, they need to discuss it in the VN Thread. Or just put it in spoilers atleast o:

No, you should stop discussing about it and let the anime-only-viewers be.
Oct 13, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode, i think my head twists. I don't know what's happening.

Kengo's face.

JimRaynor said:
Setsuna200 said:
so what does the timeloop mean?

You'll find out at the very end of Refrain. :P Just keep our fingers crossed.

I'll be expecting that to be great.
Oct 13, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
Riki's always having trouble with them clocks.
Oct 13, 2013 12:57 PM

May 2010
Truth is sometimes shocking.
http://imageshack.us/a/img11/3305/1sg5.png
Best image ever :D Dat Kyousuke.

Decent episode, Loli Loli hunters made me laugh so much, I'm a loli hunter myself. Miko, meido, loli, everyone has some kind of fetish~

Some cute Riki x Kurugaya moments, not enough though. Wonder how long this arc is going to last.
Oct 13, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
VanishingKira said:

Then the day restarts.

Though it doesn't seem completely impossible, I'd say there's about 98% chance that that's not the case.
Unless J.C. pulls off another solo trip...
Oct 13, 2013 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Naoki-Saten said:
VanishingKira said:

Then the day restarts.

Though it doesn't seem completely impossible, I'd say there's about 98% chance that that's not the case.
Woah that's a good speculation
Oct 13, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
NO NOT A TIME RESTART! DAMNIT.

Oh well.
Oct 13, 2013 4:01 PM
Jul 2009
VanishingKira said:
June 20th?

Kurugaya likes Riki.

Kyousuke likes lolis,Masato likes maids,and Kengo likes shrine madiens.All their fetishes have been revealed XD.

Beautiful firework display.

Kurugaya and Riki together.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/dcf75a8d5ea5a67080c1ef5946034a08/tumblr_muldxlmQ2H1qzk4cro1_500.gif
And poor Rin all alone ;.;.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/5af9cbcc69ba8db6008179ed067711a3/tumblr_mul19mO92u1rrcjudo1_1280.png

"Did you confess?" and dat special moment afterwards.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/61dc8341a4628b145e4f7ed527499c54/tumblr_mul73jb1To1qzk4cro2_1280.png

Then the day restarts.

It'd just be like that gravekeeper anime from last season - xD - Do it when things get bad @_@.
That'd be pretty disappointing though.
Oct 13, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
VanishingKira said:

Then the day restarts.

I don't really think you should answer that part...

Oct 13, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2010
Well, this episode reminded me a lot of Suzumiya Haruhi because of the time loop, maybe one of the most interesting episodes in the whole series so far.

Also, lol @ the 21 part

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Oct 13, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:

<regarding Naoki's answer about loops>

I personally feel like the misconceptions with Rin should be done away with, a bit, here on the forums.
I would rather people not lose focus on Kurugaya's situation by focusing on Rin for this arc, even if it denies someone's theory of what's going on in LB:R, so I agree Naoki's decision to answer it.
Oct 13, 2013 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
Tennouji_ said:

I personally feel like the misconceptions with Rin should be done away with, a bit, here on the forums.
I would rather people not lose focus on Kurugaya's situation by focusing on Rin for this arc, even if it denies someone's theory of what's going on in LB:R, so I agree Naoki's decision to answer it.

What I mean is, he should let him do some

I hope you understand what I'm trying to point out because I couldn't put it in words on what I want say.
TennoujiOct 13, 2013 7:11 PM

Oct 13, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah, I think VN players should stop answering to speculations because it kills the fun of watching a show... if the change has already happened then maybe talking about it would be fine but not when it is has yet to happen or obviously is not supposed to be answered yet... The anime-VN thread should be enough to discuss about changes
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Oct 13, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah you guys are probably right, but I just hate JC Staff for inspiring some of these crazed Rin-related theories, despite how realistic the scene with her during the fireworks might have been to include in the anime.
Vladz0rOct 13, 2013 7:15 PM
Oct 13, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2012
shietrtr!XD
kurugaya is really cute and gah.. too much gahh for this episode :3
damn.. I dont really understand what happen here.. I get some theory but~~
okay.. lets wait another week to check this up :3

btw I really love the ED now~
Oct 13, 2013 7:30 PM

Sep 2012
makarov52 said:

btw I really love the ED now~

I freaking love the ED, thought it doesn't have any animation.
The song reminds me of Clannad's story.
I think people might not appreciate "Boys be Smile" and "Kimi to no Nakushi Mono" until they read the lyrics after having seen the anime completely or read Refrain.
Most of LB's songs are elaborations of the story from different character perspectives.
Like, "Little Busters!" is from primarily Riki's perspective, with lines addressed back to Riki from Kyosuke. (The lines that address "you")
Oct 13, 2013 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
So many mixed feelings about this episode ~.~ .... It's great to see Kurugaya route animated... However, for some reason it feels like Rin has taken the attention of this episode with a few seconds of jealousy lol....
Oct 13, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2010
They add "I want to help Rin!" in Kud's route, Rin is 1000% more involved in Komari's, and the list goes on...

The truth is : they always involve Rin further in almost every routes, it's needed since we can't have "magical stats boost and attitude change for every completed route even though Rin is doing nothing" like in VN. And here several people got very angry over a water drop at a puddle.

I don't want to debate this, but please refrain from keep nagging "special rights of exclusivity" just for Kurugaya. This is an adaptation, not an animated VN. Thus, excessive VN comparison shouldn't belong in here, especially answering speculation just because it's not true.
Oct 13, 2013 9:42 PM
Dec 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
They add "I want to help Rin!" in Kud's route, Rin is 1000% more involved in Komari's, and the list goes on...

The truth is : they always involve Rin further in almost every routes, it's needed since we can't have "magical stats boost and attitude change for every completed route even though Rin is doing nothing" like in VN. And here several people got very angry over a water drop at a puddle.

I don't want to debate this, but please refrain from keep nagging "special rights of exclusivity" just for Kurugaya. This is an adaptation, not an animated VN. Thus, excessive VN comparison shouldn't belong in here, especially answering speculation just because it's not true.

I agree with this. I think most people (especially VN readers) would agree the first season of LB felt a bit off. It wasn't bad but it felt very disjointed at parts. And I believe it's because J.C. was trying to stay true(ish) to the V.N. routes while still keeping it as one coherent story, which isn't how a visual novel works.

But so far in this season I like what they're doing. The focus is going to have to be on Rin and Riki for later on in Refrain, it cannot be any other way and still be Little Busters. They heavily implied that Riki has some kind of feelings for Rin in the scene in Riki's soon (right b4 loli loli hunters) even if he hasn't realized it yet. And they implied she has feelings for him as well.

I hope they continue to deviate from the V.N. like this. I'm so ready to get off of the other routes and get to the core of the story. Anything J.C. can do to make it feel more coherent while we're on the other routes is only a plus in my opinion. There's no way an anime could tell a story like Little Busters in the same way a V.N. could because we'd end up watching the same core episodes 5x with different branches. I don't want anymore endless 8's, do you?
Oct 13, 2013 9:57 PM

Sep 2012
I think I've gotten over the scene, now. I just hope JC Staff considers what the anime watchers are speculating about Kurugaya's route, and how Rin may be involved, and I hope that they tear down any misbelief about what her route is supposed to be about. I already figured they would have this one-sided romance from Kurugaya, but JC Staff is teasing back at forth with how they're going to do it.

>Let's make Fireworks
Yes, romance route
>with everyone
Fuck
>"You should be alone with Kurugaya, Riki"
Yes, romance route
>I can't together alone with Kurugaya, Kyousuke
Fuck
>everyone gone because ghost story
>Riki together with Kurugaya alone
Yes, romance route
>Rin tears
J-J-JC Staff, what did you do?

JC Staff is screwing with me too hard.
I think the hints of Rin romance later will work out well in the long run, but I hope they don't kill the purpose of the route. I felt a lot in Kurugaya's route. I'll probably get a similar feeling, seeing how they foreshadowed that they're keeping the ending the same. I just want to see some development next episode and focus on Kurugaya, at least, if not any romance in return from Riki.

I really feel like they're going to make viewers feel like Riki and Kurugaya can't be together because of Rin
Oct 13, 2013 10:41 PM

Sep 2012
I'm quite surprised at the number of anime-only viewers who are actually participating.

I mean, I thought LBR was a very, very niche anime for:
1. VN readers (clearly the majority)
2. People who watched season 1 and didn't immediately hate it (not very many, from what I saw last year). I'm actually astounded at how bad a reputation LB has in fansubbing circles. I mean, sure, season 1 wasn't as good as it could be, but it certainly wasn't any worse than some of the other animes in Fall 2012. I don't see why UTW and FFF (among others) hate it so much. Unless they're being sarcastic, but I don't think they were.

But anyways, having curious and constructive anime-only viewers is a good sign, and there definitely seem to be fewer...errr...less constructive...viewers this time around.
Oct 13, 2013 11:21 PM
Dec 2012
Vladz0r said:
I think I've gotten over the scene, now. I just hope JC Staff considers what the anime watchers are speculating about Kurugaya's route, and how Rin may be involved, and I hope that they tear down any misbelief about what her route is supposed to be about. I already figured they would have this one-sided romance from Kurugaya, but JC Staff is teasing back at forth with how they're going to do it.

>Let's make Fireworks
Yes, romance route
>with everyone
Fuck
Yes, romance route
Fuck
Yes, romance route
>Rin tears

I think the hints of Rin romance later will work out well in the long run, but I hope they don't kill the purpose of the route. I felt a lot in Kurugaya's route. I'll probably get a similar feeling, seeing how they foreshadowed that they're keeping the ending the same. I just want to see some development next episode and focus on Kurugaya, at least, if not any romance in return from Riki.

I really feel like they're going to make viewers feel like Riki and Kurugaya can't be together because of Rin

Isn't this contradictory though? you are worried that by showing Rin like this it'll make it seem like Riki can't love Kurugaya: but if you just ignore Rin and try to do it exactly like the VN did it you'll eventually end up doing the same thing. Riki can't love Kurugaya because he ended up in love with Rin. This isn't the V.N. and everybody can't have their favorite route played out just like it was there. Showing Rin now makes for a more flowing experience in the anime, since we can't "replay" the routes like we did in the V.N.

In short though: Riki can't love Kurugaya. Because

The anime shouldn't try to be the V.N. and I think too many V.N. readers want it to play out that way.
Oct 13, 2013 11:36 PM

May 2013
woah a harem :D
Oct 14, 2013 12:38 AM

Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:

>Let's make Fireworks
Yes, romance route
>with everyone
Fuck
Yes, romance route
Fuck
Yes, romance route
>Rin tears

I think he cant be together with Kurugaya, because he loves/has feelings for Rin.. and well just does not know how to show it, Since he's probably feeling shy. Just by looking at Rin when kyousuke asked who he loves is a sign. Im eager to see what JC Staff will do, considering those extra added scene's and those hints they gave us.
Oct 14, 2013 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
(21) I died
This show is developing alright. Whether or not it's going well as an adaptation I have no clue.
Oct 14, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Tennouji_ said:
Vladz0r said:
Tennouji_ said:

I hope you understand what I'm trying to point out because I couldn't put it in words on what I want say.

Okok, I'm sorry I butted in. I just thought it's better to clean up some misunderstandings since people seriously think Kurugaya is just a tool for promoting Rin's romance. But this is still Kurugaya route and Rin did by no means hijack it.
There is a reason why her route is the first among all where J.C. actually included romance.
There is a reason why her route is aired during Refrain and not in season 1.
But those assumptions demean Kurugaya's value...

But I guess you're right. I shouldn't have restricted the speculations of anime-only viewers no matter the reason. Sorry about that.
Naoki-SatenOct 14, 2013 2:54 AM
Oct 14, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2013
Naoki-Saten said:
Tennouji_ said:
Vladz0r said:
Tennouji_ said:

Okok, I'm sorry I butted in. I just thought it's better to clean up some misunderstandings since people seriously think Kurugaya is just a tool for promoting Rin's romance. But this is still Kurugaya route and Rin did by no means hijack it.
There is a reason why her route is the first among all where J.C. actually included romance.
There is a reason why her route is aired during Refrain and not in season 1.
But those assumptions demean Kurugaya's value...

But I guess you're right. I shouldn't have restricted the speculations of anime-only viewers no matter the reason. Sorry about that.

Im guessing everything will get answered in Episode 3, if Riki and Kurugaya actually did date before the world kept on having its emo moments and resetting.
Oct 14, 2013 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
ExOsc2 said:
In short though: Riki can't love Kurugaya. Because

The anime shouldn't try to be the V.N. and I think too many V.N. readers want it to play out that way.

I think you have a lot of misconceptions there.

(warning, great spoilers)
Oct 14, 2013 7:19 AM

Oct 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
no love love hunters with the girls.

they can still do it in next repeat of the day.

But nevertheless, this episode was fun (it's first half) but I just wonder if they will ever go full love to some heroine, I wonder they leaving it only for Rin since she left the scene brokenhearted it seems.
I hope they do rest of the Kuragaya arc right.
Oct 14, 2013 7:21 AM

Sep 2011
Mich666 said:
Funya-Usagi said:

They have no time for that.

Oct 14, 2013 7:51 AM

Sep 2013
Mich666 said:
Funya-Usagi said:

But nevertheless, this episode was fun (it's first half) but I just wonder if they will ever go full love to some heroine, I wonder they leaving it only for Rin since she left the scene brokenhearted it seems.
I hope they do rest of the Kuragaya arc right.

Im thinking of a full love route with Rin, it seems like it.
Oct 14, 2013 9:20 AM

Sep 2012
Anyway, to summarize what I've been trying to get it:

In the VN, I didn't think "Oh, Kurugaya and Riki can't be together because Riki has to be with Rin"
I knew Rin was the true route, but the purpose of Kurugaya's route isn't supposed to be that Riki and Rin were meant to be together instead of Kurugaya and Riki.
I just don't want anime viewers thinking next episode to think that them not being together, (or if they keep it one-sided) or if Kurugaya can't be with Riki, that it is because Rin is the true route, rather than any conflict regarding the world.

As long as JC Staff properly illustrates that it is the world that won't let them be together, rather than Rin, I'm fine with it. They're supposed to be two entirely different things, and I want it to seem clear to the anime viewers. I still think people will believe Rin has something to do with it, though, since they won't know the Secret, and people are involving Rin in their Secret speculation and the time loops.

It's not about Riki literally ending up with Kurugaya by the end of episode 3. It's about understanding that Rin isn't the direct reason the ending of Kurugaya's route.

They can keep the relationship one-sided, if they can keep the point of it clear.
Oct 14, 2013 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
pretty great episode ^^ Fireworks was sugoooi :D
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.