Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 22, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2009
Wow it was really cool, I am just sad that Seiko and Kishinuma were killed, the 4 should be the survivors.
8/10
Aug 2, 2014 7:48 AM

Nov 2013
This could have easily been a 13 episode season anime. Way too rushed. But I can't complain, there are barely any horror anime out there.
Aug 6, 2014 11:47 PM

Jun 2012
Well the ending with why Satoshi died is still a big mystery to me. He died because he used a different piece, but if he gave his to Naomi then why not her also?
They showed Naomi in the end, but not Ayumi, I guess she lived happily ever after?

Other than that, I kind of liked this for what it was in the time it had. If only this got a full adaptation or something so I could fully understand it. Well, there is the game, but I'm not as interested in playing a game for a story.
This did pretty well as a horror, the brutality reminded me of Another. I think if it had more time, the plot also wouldn't be a confusing mess. Either a 6/10 or 7/10 for me.

I liked the Kishinuma and Ayumi thing ;)

Aug 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
Saburo-kun said:
Well the ending with why Satoshi died is still a big mystery to me. He died because he used a different piece, but if he gave his to Naomi then why not her also?
They showed Naomi in the end, but not Ayumi, I guess she lived happily ever after?

Other than that, I kind of liked this for what it was in the time it had. If only this got a full adaptation or something so I could fully understand it. Well, there is the game, but I'm not as interested in playing a game for a story.
This did pretty well as a horror, the brutality reminded me of Another. I think if it had more time, the plot also wouldn't be a confusing mess. Either a 6/10 or 7/10 for me.

I liked the Kishinuma and Ayumi thing ;)

You should watch the playthorugh of the game on YouTube. The story is really good and the anime would make so much more sense if you watch/play it.
Aug 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
Trainwreck, i should have watched Pewds videos instead of wasting my time with this.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 7, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
FlareStar101 said:
Trainwreck, i should have watched Pewds videos instead of wasting my time with this.

I watched his videos first and then watched the anime. Anime was like a little treat after knowing the story in the game. =)
Aug 11, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
The ova seemed too fast and without some details that i would like to see. But it's really good to see everything animated and the gore (since there isn't enough in the game) but i really disliked somethings like ayumi being a bitch, yui-sensei dying that way and yoshiki's death that was a great bullshit (my fav char </3) wasn't expecting satoshi's death i don't know how to feel about this tbh
i'll give a 7/10 because i really like the game.
Aug 21, 2014 4:48 AM
May 2014
such a fitting ending to this anime! Although I'm kinda bummed about Satoshi at the end but I'm also glad it wasn't a happy ending after all. It wouldn't have suited the style I think ^_^

Nice touch right at the end too, i thought it was a flashback to Sachiko's mother but it was showing that Naomi had finally lost herself..
Aug 21, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
HyperTokyo said:
such a fitting ending to this anime! Although I'm kinda bummed about Satoshi at the end but I'm also glad it wasn't a happy ending after all. It wouldn't have suited the style I think ^_^

Nice touch right at the end too, i thought it was a flashback to Sachiko's mother but it was showing that Naomi had finally lost herself..

Yeah, your right.
I kinda feel sad for naomi though..
She lost her best friend + Satoshi.. And with everthing that happened in Heavenly Host, i would also be like Naomi if i got into Heavenly host :/
Aug 24, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
tbh I think the anime should end with Satoshi not noticing Naomi took the paper from the corpse and Naomi should be the one to die. She is just a useless bitch that carries an ass tube with her all the time. When was she even useful? At the end she just lost her shit and suffer from psychological problems.
Sep 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2012
Naomi:

-Hurt her foot
-Argue with best friend
-Kill best friend
-Lost important piece of paper
-Kill Satoshi (no intention to, but...)
-Finally goes insane

BAD GRAMMAR IS BAD BUT SRSLYYYYYYY why? Yuka dying was already bad enough... same about Kishinuma.

I have mixed feelings about this anime... I think I'll play the game someday.
Sep 5, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
The ending should not had come as a surprise, but it sure did touch my emotions.
Sep 12, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm...all the major horrors in one, particularly Another, and the killing style of Elfen Lied too...story wasn't terrible for what was presented, 4 episodes did seem to be too short, but to be honest, I really don't know if I could stomach a whole 12/13 episode show with this kind of gore. Elfen Lied went easy on it's viewers by not showing guts in every kill, but this one...shit....it definitely was a good watch at 2 in the morning...

Overall, 7/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 14, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2010
Mochida's sacrifice at the end was touching but everything else in this ONA was a pile of shit. Still...entertaining, so that's a 6/10.
Sep 19, 2014 2:15 AM

Aug 2014
i had a gut feeling Satoshi was going to die since they didnt show the conversation he had with yuki i just assumed whatever she had to say wasnt good and well i was right, it kinda sucks that even though he sacrificed his life and gave naomi a chance...she still ended up going crazy. but who knows maybe she gets the help she needs and somewhat recovers?

Also, WAY to short should of been more episodes to let the plot develop a little slowly but still worth watching!
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 19, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2014
The ending was kinda ... I dunno, not what I was expecting. Maybe I'll play the game someday.
Sep 27, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
I gotta say that I really liked this. I haven't played the game but I have played through Ib a few times and I really loved that one. The mystery, puzzles solving. It really was like I was watching a game.
6/10 I just can't live with, so I'll give it 7/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 1, 2014 4:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty fucked up episode, especially that backstory! But well I quite liked the ending actually and the overall character development so this small but quite intense story was pretty good!
Oct 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2012
Was actually surprised at the end. It was different from the game's ending, so I had to go back and rewatch to see why
Oct 13, 2014 5:53 PM

Feb 2010
That was amazing! I need more series like this. I love unexpected ending so the ending was awesome but also pretty sad.I loved it though.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2014

I think it is possible that he is still alive. As par Horror genre tropes, characters aren't dead until they are killed - like teacher Shishido Yui - or sometimes even after.

A good series for avid horror fans; tolerable (stomach-wise) to "light horror" fans (Elfen Lied, Higurashi, Akira), like me; a big FORBIDDEN for the rest.
Dec 22, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
Really good for a 4 episode OVA series. Only thing about the series I think they could of done better on was not making the characters so retarded. Yuka and Satoshi splits up in a creepy place they have little knowledge on so Yuka dies for it. Its only logical to stay by someone in unfamiliar territory until you know what your dealing with. But this seems to be a common trait amonst horror genre even in non-anime scenes so I am not particularly mad.
8/10

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Jan 11, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2014
I saw the game playthrough before, so it was something else to watch now. Yeah, they skipped A LOT of scene, which is kinda sad, but the ambience was amazing. Definitely a great shock value, especially the very end. Also, the last scene was the prologue of the Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, I saw the first part of it as well. Also, RIP Yuka, Yoshiki.

Hmm I'll give it a 10/10 because it is supposed to be shocking since its a horror/gore anime.

Edit: Re-evaluated score is an 8, I'll be changing my ratings a little bit~
PotatoFlareFeb 27, 2017 12:58 PM
Jan 11, 2015 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
I played the game and not too disappointed with this anime, although the story is a little different and the ending is original, but I like the gore
Jan 27, 2015 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
So. That was a boring ending to say the least. Was expecting them all to be slaughtered in the most brutal manner possible. After all, that was the only good thing about this show in the end.

The characters are bland and very shallow. Nothing about them really stand out. Too short time to build any real character relationship either. In this aspect the show failed horribly.

Story is well, I don't know. Things seemed to happen and explanations were given for things we didn't even see. I was confused as to who they were talking about sometimes and couldn't relate to anything they said about them. Rushed story is always a bad story.

Sound and art was nothing special. Sure I got the dark feeling from the art, but the characters are just too bland for me to actually take it seriously.

The one thing this show managed to do well in was the killing scenes. Especially one in the previous episode were the guy gets killed by having a hand shoved through his skull. Brutal stuff right there.

Was thinking about giving this a 5/10 for being a mediocre show, but then I realize that it's actually a bad show so I'll give it a 4/10.
Jan 28, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
What a boring piece of time wasting shit this anime was. Unbelievable. Everything was boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2015 1:34 PM
Sep 2014
What a shame, this could be really good show if animators didnt lack imagination.
Character animation and script was so dumb. They were just "teleported" to some wierd, old school full of dead bodies and they were joking around (first episode) like that is their everyday thing, walking calm next to bodies with no fear or disgust. Idk, if they worked little bit more on that and on animation so they are not just like lifless puppets, it would be amazing.
Story was.. interesting, nothing special. They killed right people at the right time. Ending and epilogue were good also.
Soundtrack was, imo, amazing. But, if anything else, this show is definitely taking award for most brutal anime i saw.
Feb 13, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2010
Rather shitty. I'd recommend the Evil Dead remake if you liked this though. It also features cardboard cut-out characters, plenty of horror cliches and completely relies on shocks, but unlike this, it's also visually impressive (practical effects is the way to go) and has more varied deaths.

Anyway, the game is way better.
Feb 14, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2015
i loved the episode :D and the whole series
Feb 24, 2015 6:09 PM

Feb 2015
Well, I have no words... Except maybe that the two most annoying character had to survive... I'm kinda glad Naomi went full on crazy in the end. Own fault that Machida died. Shouldn't have lost that charm, Naomi.

I don't even know how to describe this episode or the hole OVA. I liked watching it (when the characters weren't so god damn stupid) but it is not very good in the end... The pacing is all wrong in some scenes and there is lot of stuff that aren't explained. Okay, I get it... It's only 4 episodes but still!

I've watched in youtube when people play this game and it's definitely better.

But still, this OVA did gave me pretty much all I was looking from it. Blood, gore and horrific deaths.
Homeless_SwallowNov 8, 2015 5:28 PM
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 3, 2015 6:12 AM

Jan 2012
Okay, just finished up this anime (haven't played the game yet, still busy), and the only hanging question to me was...

WHY is that only TWO of them returned? but with the one last remaining Male Character's Arms/Hands that was severed?
Mar 3, 2015 11:20 AM
Sep 2014
He gave his charm to Naomi (if im not wrong) and took the charm from person who was not in his group. So thats why only two of them returned and everyone else forgot about him.
Mar 7, 2015 12:45 PM

Feb 2015
Well... I didnt see the ending coming. I haven't played the game nor read the anime so some parts didnt make any sense giving it a 7.
Apr 9, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2013
The teachers death was hilarious, just because of how unexpected and out of nowhere it was. It was also funny that she died immediately after telling Ayumi that none of this was her fault and what a great friend she was, LOL!.

The revelation that Naomi was the one who killed Seiko actually surprised me, pretty freakin messed up.

But the end was the best, just the look of horror on both girls faces as they stare in disbelief at whats left of Satoshi, priceless.

Anyways, I actually did enjoy this show. Mostly for the uncensored gore and shock value, but also because I found the story to be pretty interesting as well. Personally I wouldn't mind more of Corpse Party, maybe a remake that follows the games story a little more closely would be cool.
Shape430Apr 9, 2015 10:16 AM
Apr 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Oct 2014
Satoshi nooooooo :(
May 27, 2015 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
And FUCK YOU ALL!! YOU GET THE BAD ENDING!! !ROFLMAO...FFS...a good horro anime. Been a while since I seen one. AND TRUE TO THE GENRE...no happy ending!! 7.5/10 Redeemed by way of ending like utter GRADE A HORROR SHIT!! ^~^ lol =p POST SCRPT...Theres much most do not understand about our reality, so respect the dead and dont be dicks and go doing esp stuff, kay. PE@CE
Jun 3, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2010
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:
Wait can someone explain what happened to Satoshi at the end? Like why that happened to him.

Because Naomi had no paper to return with, Satoshi gave her his and told her that he had Yuka's from when he took it from her so she wouldn't lose it.

However, that was a lie and at the end when you see the guy who killed Yuka's ID card, it shows that Satoshi took the paper that he had and didn't have Yuka's

Basically he took the risk of not knowing what would happen if you used a strangers paper for himself and he died because of it.

That is waaaay tooooooo sad! But in my opinion, naomi was supposed to die as well because the paper didn't belong to her, no matter what. The ending was a bit of a disappointment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2015 10:14 PM

Nov 2014
This show sucked ass, i'll give it a 7/10.

Jun 22, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, that ending... Didn't see that coming. I think this is one of the best horror animes. Also loved the scene where Sakutaro received a call from his sister asking to stop looking at her insides.
Jun 23, 2015 5:45 PM
Jun 2015
Can someone please explain what happened to Satoshi at the end of episode 4
Jul 9, 2015 2:15 AM

Sep 2009
Gawddamn. Gotta say that was bat shit crazy. Everything moved at lighting speeds and I loved it. However there's a lot left to be desired and questioned; like what how the hell was the teacher (Principle's son) fit in? Was he possessed? What about Yuuya? Is he the only living victim or are there more? And what of Seiko the girl who figured it all out? We see that Ayumi is traumatized at what happened but nothing on Seiko.

It's still a pretty freaky ride, I can only imagine it only gets even more fucked up when you play the VN and everything is completely fleshed out. No pun intended.
Jul 10, 2015 4:40 AM

May 2015
Didn't expect that to happen the guy got his arms torn and died. Still 10/10 for his noble sacrifice.
Jul 19, 2015 7:58 PM
Aug 2014
Lul well there wasn't much scary-ness to it, just a whole lot of gore. And hah to the two idiot guys, one for going back, and the other for being selfless! Honestly in a horror story, everyone should die at the end. 7/10
Aug 5, 2015 12:18 PM
Aug 2015
Can anyone explain some parts to me?

1. There's a revelation that Naomi kills Seiko. What happened? Was she hallucinating?

2. How did all the other characters get caught into the hellhole? I only understand the principal, nurse, and Sachi.
Aug 8, 2015 1:22 AM

Aug 2012
p_y said:
Can anyone explain some parts to me?

1. There's a revelation that Naomi kills Seiko. What happened? Was she hallucinating?

Hmmm, from what I can remember is Naomi was hypnotized into killing Seiko.
That's all I can say. Been a while since I watched this.
Sep 5, 2015 4:21 PM
Aug 2015
Satoshi's sacrifice was just sad and the fact that Naomi goes insane from the events at Heavenly Host made me feel bad for her. I also don't think I will ever get the sight of all the gore in this anime out of my head.
Sep 17, 2015 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
It's all over the place, and not really enjoyable. The gore was the best part, but nothing revolutionary.
Oct 3, 2015 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
It makes me sad when people say that they enjoyed this because they like the game.

If you actually had any respect to the game you would hate this piece of shit.
Oct 4, 2015 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
this anime was bad and i feel bad for watching it
Oct 9, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2010
God that Naomi is really a stupid f**king c*nt, always doing pointless and useless things. She was too retarded to realize she just had to lift Seiko in the air herself so she could take a breath and take the noose off, and now she runs after Seiko's dead body being dragged away, while leaving the guy who can save her from her own stupidity. How come there are always incompetent dumbasses in horror stories who don't realize staying together increases your chances of staying alive? And this dumb c*nt doesn't even have a meaningful reason to run away, she has to take a pointless action, call out the name of a dead body incapable of replying. God I really hope she dies

Edit:
Just finished it, omg the ending was so horrible, but I loved it anyway. Can't believe Satoshi didn't make it, such a horrible ending for him. But I don't understand why Naomi made it and Satoshi didn't. Naomi had Satoshi's piece, and Satoshi had Yuka's piece. The only explanation is you can use someone's piece who's with you, but can't use a piece of someone who's dead. The wrong people we allowed to survive in my opinion, Ayumi, the one who suggested to do that stupid charm gets to live while everyone else dies horribly, and Naomi who I just hate. The only comfort I get that Ayumi will receive some punishment for causing the massacre is that she'll have to live her life knowing she is the reason her friends were slaughtered. I'm gonna check out the game, I really wanna play it!!
ZetsuboMadaraOct 9, 2015 5:04 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2013

136 by Raian_Jamil »»
Apr 30, 8:46 AM

» why no asmr

elitebeef - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.