Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2012 5:28 AM

Sep 2011
Thank freaking god Tarisa, Cui, Cryska and Inia survived
Enjoyed the fan service and the action
Looking forward for more and hoping it makes a appearance in Super Robot Wars
Dec 24, 2012 6:06 AM
Jul 2008
There's another episode!!!
Dec 24, 2012 6:21 AM
Nov 2012
This show is decent from my prospective, It got decent amount of romance, but mainly forwarded to action only, Story is good enough to keep you stick until the last episode, its about aliens which invaded the earth and one by one taking over the countries. Humans are trying everything they can to protect their homeland, they are using high tech mecha's.

In the beginning i expected the main protagonist (yuya) to be the strongest guy as how he anticipated that there were two mecha just by hearing the voices in the air in his first appearance on the plane. But he was weak, he maybe elite in US but it was never showed how good was he...

The main female has a crush on the yuya, but again until the last episode, she never confessed to him, not even once tried to.

The guy's personalty is somewhat complicated, sometimes he acts like a pro, and sometimes totally stupid. Yui maybe his love interest but he never made his move, all the other girls in love with him. He is not clear about his feelings, I have never seen his romantic feelings throughout the entire series.

The worst part which still in my mind and keeping me frustrated is that story is hanging even on the last episode, Nobody ended up nowhere, Yui went back to japan, the silver haired girl (forgot her name) admits that she loves Yuya and she is Yui's love rival, and the ending credits starts! I mean is that it??? Series ended without a proper conclusion.... or Is this the hint of second season? I really hate these kinds of anime with senseless endings...

So if you are into action then this anime definitely for you. If you are into romance stuff then don't even bother watching its trailer, its worthless waste of time. If you want to watch it anyway then be prepared to bear the frustration .

Everyone's choice is different, someone may like it, someone may not. You may like it, but i am regretting that i watched.
Dec 24, 2012 8:20 AM

Jul 2011
Season 2 anyone ?
Dec 24, 2012 8:40 AM
Mar 2010
aiNkyy said:
Season 2 anyone ?

I don't think so, they even changed the original ending, and remember that this series's just a huge advertisement for the upcoming visual novel.
Anyway I did enjoy this series, it was amusing as hell and I will miss it.
I guess most of the fans didn't like it since they were expecting something like Alternative and instead they got a bad sop opera full of QUALITY.
It's quite a pity considering that it's funny to watch if you forget that it's related to MLA.
Dec 24, 2012 9:21 AM

Jul 2011
aiNkyy said:
Season 2 anyone ?

Nah , though I think if there were to have an additional episodes it would be OVAs , where they clear up the relationship thingy and what happened after the finale/
Dec 24, 2012 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was a fun show to watch. I think I would like to check out the other sides of the Muv-Luv story now.

Happy birthday Cryska indeed!
Dec 24, 2012 12:05 PM

Apr 2011
Zee530 said:
Matheine said:
Kurogashi said:
Anybody said:
Kurogashi said:

the best yui can get is a salute. LAME. SHE DESERVES BETTER QQQQQQQQQ

Yep, pretty mad that she
as it happens in the light novels.

eh what?

Lol, he's trolling you.

Thank you for saving my life.

Used to be TheSethAffect
Dec 24, 2012 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't like the way it ended, I would be okay with it if there will be a second season but if it really ended like without yui even confessing her feelings it would suck and they even introduced a new character at the end that could be possibly be the villain for a second season. I sure hope that there will be one or an OVA or something but please don't end like this.
Dec 24, 2012 12:43 PM
Aug 2012
Hmm good ending, i thought the series would end with the same stuff after episode 2 but after the Climax ill give this series a watch again or season 2 probably

it sucks to be squeeze like that..
The Bloody, Gore, Fighting, Terrorist, BETA, "Rivals In Love"
Dec 24, 2012 3:37 PM
Nov 2012
KamoDriver said:
Zee530 said:
Matheine said:
Kurogashi said:
Anybody said:
Kurogashi said:

the best yui can get is a salute. LAME. SHE DESERVES BETTER QQQQQQQQQ

Yep, pretty mad that she
as it happens in the light novels.

eh what?

Lol, he's trolling you.

Thank you for saving my life.

Yeah, I was like WTF while looking for spoilers in Animesuki. Are the Light Novels related to the new Visual Novel?
Dec 24, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
wowww! I Can't Believe they all lived!! I was reallyy scared when the Scarlet Twins "killed" Yuuya. Who's blood was that anyway?!!

the ending was sooo cheezy ahahah ! They saluted each other?!? I hope they make more Muv Luv stuff its really interesting :)
Dec 24, 2012 4:14 PM

Sep 2012
Araragi93 said:
aiNkyy said:
Season 2 anyone ?

I don't think so, they even changed the original ending, and remember that this series's just a huge advertisement for the upcoming visual novel.
Anyway I did enjoy this series, it was amusing as hell and I will miss it.
I guess most of the fans didn't like it since they were expecting something like Alternative and instead they got a bad sop opera full of QUALITY.
It's quite a pity considering that it's funny to watch if you forget that it's related to MLA.

If that's the case then do you think that the upcoming VN will be a continuation of this? That's the only way that I might actually get it.
Dec 24, 2012 6:15 PM
Nov 2010
Glad that Yui is still alive

Overall 3/10

If she had died it would have been 2/10
Dec 24, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2010
It's not goodbye.... it's see you later, right?
Ok™
Dec 24, 2012 7:56 PM
Nov 2012
McRib said:

I hope you are right, otherwise its just another worthless anime similar to eureka seven ao, with senseless end.
Dec 25, 2012 2:53 AM

Nov 2009
One of the worst anime I've watched in recent history.

I started watching this because I heard it suppose to be good because of VN hype but then I got a mecha/harem hybrid that was terrible. I had too high expectations because of the first few episodes and I always told myself that its gonna get good eventually but that never happened.

4/10
Dec 25, 2012 4:01 AM

Jun 2010
AceIII said:

I started watching this because I heard it suppose to be good because of VN hype but then I got a mecha/harem hybrid that was terrible. I had too high expectations because of the first few episodes and I always told myself that its gonna get good eventually but that never happened.

4/10

That's why there may be a second and the VN is coming out.
Dec 25, 2012 4:38 AM

Nov 2010
Not the best ending, but they left things open for a continuation which is great and it was good overall as well
Dec 25, 2012 6:34 AM

Sep 2010
Meh..... Shitty ending..... But it's not like I expected anything better...... :P

Final Episode - 2.5/5

Series - 6/10 (I'm being generous here)
Dec 25, 2012 7:01 AM

Nov 2012
Why does wikipedia mention 26 eps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muv-Luv

Dec 25, 2012 7:40 AM

Jan 2011
Weird last episode for me somehow...suddenly the twins got evil and everything is solved in the first 5-10 Minutes with the rest being boring epilogue.
Dec 25, 2012 10:51 AM

Oct 2012
twonline said:
Meh..... Shitty ending..... But it's not like I expected anything better...... :P

Final Episode - 2.5/5

Series - 6/10 (I'm being generous here)

Sure.
Pouf, more bad anime is this.
Dec 25, 2012 12:52 PM

Jan 2011
I doubt there will be more muv-luv but I would watch it if another season came out. It was kinda good at the beginning, got pretty lame throughout the middle, and then was kinda good at the end. The actual finale was pretty lame given there was little to no mecha battle intensity and the whole hidden Russian plot was never really talked about. The "cliff hanger" was resolved after the credits. The only thing to continue on is the whole Russian underplot and the romance. Idk if that is enough to push it for another season...
Dec 25, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
So... that's it? I'm glad everyone made it in the end, although I'm pretty curious about that Russian plan they were talking about. They really want to get Yui out of the way too huh?

I'm disappointed that there is no conclusion to the whole love triangle. Yui officially declared Cryska as a rival in love though.

Overall an OK series. Nothing too special, but enjoyable enough. I wonder if we'll see a second season of this. 7/10.

Dec 25, 2012 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
AceIII said:

4/10

That's because the story that was hyped wasn't this one. The story that was hyped was Muv Luv Alternative. This is a side story to Muv Luv Alternative, not the main story. There wasn't a chance this story was going to match up to the main story and anyone who dared think so is a confirmed idiot. Many fans just wanted it to be good enough to get the real story adapted. Me? I wanted animated TSFs and BETA battles, and I got em. I say it was a decent anime. Certainly not as bad as some of the unmentionables. I certainly consider it better than Eureka seven AO.

I say screw a season season of this. Give me animated Alternative instead. I am not going to say Alternative was a absolutely perfect story, it does have some glaring flaws, but if they manage to capture the feel of the VN then it would be a damn entertaining watch.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Dec 25, 2012 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
AidanAK47 said:

That's because the story that was hyped wasn't this one. The story that was hyped was Muv Luv Alternative. This is a side story to Muv Luv Alternative, not the main story. There wasn't a chance this story was going to match up to the main story and anyone who dared think so is a confirmed idiot. Many fans just wanted it to be good enough to get the real story adapted. Me? I wanted animated TSFs and BETA battles, and I got em. I say it was a decent anime. Certainly not as bad as some of the unmentionables. I certainly consider it better than Eureka seven AO.

I say screw a season season of this. Give me animated Alternative instead. I am not going to say Alternative was a absolutely perfect story, it does have some glaring flaws, but if they manage to capture the feel of the VN then it would be a damn entertaining watch.

I'd also love MLA to be animated but I just know it just won't work out great and might end up as another Tsukihime.

This episode was pretty good, has nice TSF actions and lots of Berkut screentime. They managed to stop the BETA from crossing the Red Shift and lol@ riding on Magnus Lux Laser Class! Nice moments of Yuuya and Cryska in the aftermath.

Did anyone notice the ending scene is the same one that was showed in the age's 10th Anniversary PV? The one where Cryska and Yui were talking at the gate.

Guessing the producers didn't wanted the anime to end in a cliff hanger where
cause they aren't able to continue the season any more.

Silvio's random cameo:

Honestly this series was an enjoyable ride. It doesn't live up to the Muv Luv Trilogy VN but I still enjoyed it. The first 2 episode did good introducing the BETA-world to the audience and showing the grimdark setting humanity has to live in with only 1billion people left on earth. Then the anime got too focused on fanservices and harem that it started going downhill... then it picked up again on the Terrorist Attack on Yukon base. I'd give it a good 7.5/10 score, rounding it off to 7/10.

Welp, lets cross our finger that they'll animate TSFiA or Euro Front in OVA format next.
Dec 25, 2012 8:41 PM

Apr 2011
Ofc there will be a S2 lol. Nice ending, but where's this "awkward" kiss that I am hearing about?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 25, 2012 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
Orevataf said:
Why does wikipedia mention 26 eps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muv-Luv

Look again , they only posted 24 , 2 Episodes was the Specials (Not officially aired) and the Pre-climax.

Omnizohar said:
AidanAK47 said:

Did anyone notice the ending scene is the same one that was showed in the age's 10th Anniversary PV? The one where Cryska and Yui were talking at the gate.

Cause it's gonna be related with the VN game anyway , I guess it gives the fans a more curious question who gets Yuuya in the end.
Dec 25, 2012 11:50 PM

Jan 2012
Was expecting more out of the ending. A lot of twists in the finale but the firecracker did not explode. Too many plot twists tbh. Some of them felt forced. Not a fan of the CG mecha, some inconsistency and poorly drawn animations, and heavily censored on the deaths. Of course this will be fixed in the BDs, hopefully. I was a fan of the theme songs but not so much with the sound design. Its that anime that looked promising but at the end, its just an average one.

E.T. LAZERZ out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 26, 2012 3:19 AM

Jun 2010
Disappointing. Especially the first part was crap. (Should be expected by the certain director.)
Dec 26, 2012 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Enjoyed the last episode more than i thought i would. I'd definitely watch a 2nd season.

On a side note, anyone know what the song was they used at the end of the episode, when Yui was leaving and saying goodbye to Yuuya (The piano song)?

anna_fxyDec 26, 2012 5:36 PM
Dec 27, 2012 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
First and last few episodes were very good. Everything in between was pretty meh. 5/10
Dec 27, 2012 5:58 AM
May 2012
That's it?! THE END just like that?!

That red-headed RLF leader is still remains at large as we saw that he's gonna goafter Europe(?)!! NOBODY told us about this?!

This is great.... And don't ask me guys for those who thinks that It's gonna be a 2nd season. We never IF it's gonna happen sometimes next year.
JafriZinDec 27, 2012 8:11 PM
Dec 29, 2012 7:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Darn it they didn't show Yui getting shot at the end.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 29, 2012 8:11 PM
Nov 2010
wakka9ca said:
what?
Dec 30, 2012 3:38 PM

Jul 2011
wakka9ca said:

notthisshytagain.jpg

Z-flame said:
wakka9ca said:
what?

Dec 30, 2012 3:54 PM
Nov 2010
MichaelJohn said:
wakka9ca said:

notthisshytagain.jpg

Z-flame said:
wakka9ca said:
what?

Dec 30, 2012 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
Spoilers are errywhere! >__>

Anyway, this show is 7/10. It was enjoyable join some parts, but others...it was all just thoughtless and meaningless gorey deaths. There are so many unanswered questions and the series just ended like that, so I really believe there will be an S2. Humanity vs BETA couldn't possibly end at that point. I'm pretty sure these battles will eventually take place in space to the BETA's original place and destroy the root of all these problems.

As for character development, Yuuya definitely plays it cool when he's just put in that harem, unlike clueless MC idiots from other series. Lol
Dec 30, 2012 9:17 PM

Jul 2011
Z-flame said:
MichaelJohn said:
wakka9ca said:

notthisshytagain.jpg

Z-flame said:
wakka9ca said:
what?

Dec 30, 2012 10:30 PM
May 2011
Sharon Heim and Leon Kuze - these two characters ruined the show for me. I can't even understand WTF they were needed in the show.

A girl who was fuc*ed by the main character and now she jumped into his old "friend's" bed. Typical bit*h.

And the guy whose only presence pisses me off.

I really liked this show but now I will delete it because of these two. (((
Jan 1, 2013 3:16 AM

Jun 2010
solomon585858 said:
Sharon Heim and Leon Kuze - these two characters ruined the show for me. I can't even understand WTF they were needed in the show.

A girl who was fuc*ed by the main character and now she jumped into his old "friend's" bed. Typical bit*h.

And the guy whose only presence pisses me off.

I really liked this show but now I will delete it because of these two. (((

da faq???
Jan 1, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
krahul44 said:
McRib said:

I hope you are right, otherwise its just another worthless anime similar to eureka seven ao, with senseless end.

It's only senceless if you can't bloody follow and understand what's going on
Jan 2, 2013 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
Well, that was the worst thing I've ever seen. 2/10, let's just get that out of the way. Makes me want to play the visual novel because I can see so much potential, but it was all wasted. I'm sure the visual novel is actually good, unlike this "story". Let's devote almost half of the entire series to practice battles while the BETA don't attack at all. And then somehow, the US Army captured thousands of BETA to study that get unleashed by the random refugee faction that appeared out of nowhere to fill out the last few episodes? Right. I enjoyed the first half of this series because I thought there would be some sort of progression or resolution to the main conflict presented in the first episode, but man was I wrong. Beginning: BETA are invading. Ending: BETA are invading. Yeah, they're still there, no big deal. The whole thing was fucked. There are so many points in this series where I just found myself wondering, "Why?" Why would Cui try and "repurpose" the suicide bomber's TSF? Luckily, she survived for no reason, which is good, because she was my favorite of the harem, but after that, she faded into the background and appeared maybe once more in the entire series. Realistically, they're trying to sell BDs with shitty fanservice and a mediocre harem that never went anywhere anyway, which is sad, because I actually thought this would be an anime that had a coherent story that would be fun to see unfold. I love harems just as much as the next guy, but this would have been much better as a run-of-the-mill high-school harem than as a serious military show. Its attempts at being serious were often laughable, especially when you've got the characters' tits bouncing all over the place like it's Highschool of the Dead. So disappointing when you get your hopes up for a terrible story. Good riddance, saves me 6 gigs of hard drive space.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jan 3, 2013 12:51 AM

Jan 2011
From the beginning this was billed as a side story to the main Muv-Luv narrative so no one should have expected the Beta invasion to be defeated in this show (unless you wanted a supreme asspull on the scale of War of the Worlds in the last two episodes). It wasn't perfect (not by a long shot), it cut important sequences, and it left a lot of unanswered questions, but all that is in line with where the LN left off. At the point where we got the second recap, I was actually afraid that the whole thing would be a massive cf on the scale of Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, particularly with the drop in quality leading up to 19.5, but they were able to bring it to a reasonable if unexpected conclusion with the sudden terrorist assault.

Overall around a 6.5 and only because the assertive strong Yui reappeared in the last episodes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 3, 2013 12:59 AM
Dec 2012
It's an 8/10 anime if you omit the bad everything, a 7.5/10 if you add in episodes 20-23, and a 7/10 if you add in the bad romance and episode 19. it was a decent mecha though.
Jan 4, 2013 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
If they don't intend to, and I REALLY hope they do, create a second season, why in god's name did they leave off on one of the hugest gaping cliffhangers I've seen in quite a while? I mean, come on, I know the VN will be released soon, but don't leave it up to a VN for a series like this. As for the series itself, sure, there was quite a bit of filler that I think should have been stripped out completely, and replaced with quality plot, but I did enjoy the series for what it was (An at first all out, fast paced battle sequence, followed by an exponential fall back with harem and blood and more harem). Did I like it? Hell yes, could it have done a better job? I sure as hell think so. Do I want a second season for it to redeem itself? You betcha' I do.
Jan 5, 2013 1:36 AM

Aug 2008
Meh. Nothing particularly amazing. Not bad either. Just lacked PvE. A bit too much PvP there. I wanted to see those mechas trashing more BETA's.

Cute ending though.
Jan 11, 2013 1:07 AM

Jun 2009
oh god, typical another typical Japanese thing.
an unsatisfied ending!
Jan 17, 2013 4:17 AM
May 2012
The show isn't really over yet!! The antagonist as we saw this episode is going after Japan next!
JafriZinJan 17, 2013 4:21 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM

» Should i watch this?

Grontan - Jul 14, 2022

4 by ixarising »»
Jul 19, 2022 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.