Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2008 9:40 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hehe, Season 1 OP being used as an insert song was very nice :D I loved that song.

That was quite a sad episode.
Oct 3, 2008 4:31 PM

Aug 2008
Different of the films, the Sequel of animes are good, and Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori was not exception, here it will know more on the characters who follow Emma Ai and its destination. I liked Very! XD
Nov 2, 2008 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
Nothing beats sending them to Hell with your own 2 hands. Not even jail time can beat the adrenaline rush..
Nov 27, 2008 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
People get jollies in weird different ways nowadays. Not this episode so much but golly so far in the season. I love this series.
Feb 7, 2009 1:43 PM
Oct 2007
Awww. That was so sad. Ai's "I'm not one who brings justice" really hit me.
Jul 20, 2009 6:56 PM

Jul 2008
very sad
Sep 25, 2009 6:32 PM

Aug 2009
Lol. Season 1's opening song was used as a theme song in the bowling alley. I love that song too.

Damn at the fat guy that's going to kill the rapist.
and how was Enma Ai turned down? I didn't get that part.
Jan 4, 2010 6:53 PM

Nov 2009
emma was turned down cuz he was going to do it himself and not use her... i wish he would have told her what was going 2 happen instead of hanging up!!!
Mar 19, 2010 2:00 AM

Mar 2010
haha, nice! taking matters into his own hands.. i love that kid! i just wish he'd done so earlier and spared the poor girl..

i found his obsession odd at first, but then it just became endearing. i hope he gets away with it...
Jul 2, 2010 4:54 PM

May 2010
MandarinKitten said:
The fat guy really was pathetic! He wouldn't save the girl earlier yet he heard them. He must've not have loved her enough.

Did Kiwako die?

Judging by what he said and how she disappeared after she was so sad I'm guessing she committed suicide
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Feb 13, 2011 2:29 PM

Oct 2009
Dam what a pathetic guy, he could have at least warned her before hand >_> poor girl...only if he took action before that happened to her she could've been spared T_T
Feb 19, 2011 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
So she got to him first.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 21, 2011 7:48 PM

Sep 2009
What a fucking loser.
You're too pussy to TELL her and leave her to get raped while justifying it in your mind
but then you want to go murder the rapist after, like you're some hero?
As if doing something after will heal the hurt of rape and on top of that,
the girl had more balls than you to exact revenge and now she's going to Hell.
Jul 2, 2011 2:08 PM
Jun 2011
Salmissra said:
What a fucking loser.
You're too pussy to TELL her and leave her to get raped while justifying it in your mind

I totally agree.!
Oct 20, 2011 2:18 PM
Jun 2010
Loser...? Perhaps, but he was pretty depressed. The girl was probably the only thing which kept him going on. And when she was gone there was nothing left for him, so I don't think he thought himself as a hero or anything at the end. He lost his will to live, so why not take the rapist with him?

Maybe he could have saved her with that phone call, but would she have believed him? In that case they might have been able to support each other afterwards. But with that kind of person... he was resigned that he was useless and could do nothing. He was afraid he'd lose the only thing left for him. Had he told her, but end up getting hurt/rejected he would have ended up the same way.

Well, it ended badly, unsurprisingly, but you cant really expect entirely rational thoughts from such a person. Nice episode, truly a tragic.
Aug 8, 2012 5:09 PM

May 2012
Nice episode though a bit weak story! Though this might be a 2 episode long story!
Sep 16, 2012 1:21 PM

Apr 2011
So let see if I'm correct. The girl sent the guy to hell, herself and than commits suicide. The fat guy gets depress and goes to kill the second bad guy.

I love how the director, made the girl disappear at the nurse hospital, it convey to the viewer's, that she took her own life, base on the dialogue given.

Ai got rejected! :(
Sep 21, 2012 2:03 AM

Jan 2012
snorefest so far.... but that's to be expected though....

tempting to skip to ep 12-13 and 24-26 for the meaty part

being episodic is fine.. but when they're just not original/interesting enough to hold my interest

feelsbatman :(
Jan 7, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2012
You guys don't understand anything...I understand how he feels....I went through many of the same phases as him...
Feb 25, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2012
_retro_reactive said:
You guys don't understand anything...I understand how he feels....I went through many of the same phases as him...

This is true because even if he told her do you think she'd believe him, she barley knew the guy. I like the second season more because all the misfortune that happens to the clients. Why is that? Because sending people to hell is wrong. :P
Aug 28, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
Mortorrounds said:
_retro_reactive said:

This is true because even if he told her do you think she'd believe him, she barley knew the guy. I like the second season more because all the misfortune that happens to the clients. Why is that? Because sending people to hell is wrong. :P

this guy say's there is nothing i can do, my reaction to it is WTF are u idiot or something? there are a lot of possibility's, 1 call cops from phone booth & say, girl is peeing raped & then the address, but that means he needs to do hes stalking & call at the right moment so cops get there just before she gets raped, second option, call to her form phone booth with voice changer & say, hes going to rape u with hes buddy ton't go, it dose not matter who i am & how i know it, well that option has low success rate but still its a option, he mite still wold end up calling the cops, cause she wont listen, with second option she mite believe if he wold tell i'm ur stalker & that's how i heard them talking, harmless stalker ton't lie (the ones like him), olny the ones that are total nut cases mite lie, i can come up with meany more options how he could helped her, but then my post wold be 2long & i'm 2lazy to write that much LOL
Sep 30, 2013 4:08 PM

Jun 2012
after a long time not watching any anime i like to watch this again to me this episode was not the strongest out there but also not the worse.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Oct 4, 2013 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
Oh my...This episode was so sad TT^TT
Pretty cool how it ended though..
Dec 6, 2013 6:26 AM
Dec 2012
I'll like to point out that Kiwako's candle is still lit, unlike in previous episode when Leon's candle was shown extinguished after he was killed. It is possible that Kiwako is still alive.
Jan 5, 2014 8:16 PM

Nov 2013
This was very sad. I mean this episode seemed kind of generic at first but at the end it was a huge twist for me. Like what i am assuming is correct that the girl committed suicide because holding the feeling of guilt after she sent her boyfriend to Hell was too much for her, like almost made me well up in tears. Honestly after seeing the end result i now wish that it ended in a generic fashion. Meaning the it was only in a good way, like the girl would kill off her boyfriend, and when her and "lonely guy" (sorry i forget his name lol) are in the nurses office he would confess his love and she would approve or vice versa, and although she will feel sad, lonely guy should have said that he was gonna kill the other by contacting Emma Ai. So in the long run lonely guy (not so lonely anymore lol) and the girl would both be cursed and when they die later in life they will see each other in Hell and live happily ever after. Like i really feel bad for lonely guy now because since his love committed suicide he is gonna kill the other guy the old fashioned way and then after that he'd probably commit suicide to then be able to see his love. If you think about it, both ways kind of lead to happy ending except one is mainly on Earth and one is in Hell.
Jan 25, 2014 12:00 AM

Jan 2014
I'm so ticked off with this episode. One of the things that I hate the most are girls that are taken advantaged off. Okay, I understand the guy COMPLETELY. But seriously, I would have tried to befriend the girl at his case. After knowing that too, since I really like her, I would personally tell her what I know, and how I knew. Or at the very least, find a way to tell her what was about to happen without revealing myself.

Now, what if I failed to do those? At the infirmary of the school, I would tell her that I will try to make her happy. That's the least that I could have done.

Heck, Hachiman in Oregairu tried to stand up Yui simply because he can't bear see a girl he knows cry.

This loner guy seriously should have done something.
Mar 22, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
Come on, I understand that guy, but I totally disagree with him.
Depression is a twisting mind animal, but if that girl is a reason for you to keep on hoping to live, don't let this only one thing fade with your neglection.
With your unwill to live, you have condemned another person to die, so you're a 2 times murder, and you know what, he deserves everything he'll get.

Enma is getting more bitchy.
Oct 10, 2014 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
Dat season 1 OP music in the bowling alley...

Oh shit did she kill herself at the end? Does that explain why that kid was so sad?

Why didn't her candle get extinguished at the end then?

I can kind of understand why that kid didn't talk to the girl about her boyfriend though he should have at least made an effort in doing so.

Sep 23, 2015 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
Basically no one wins. Every single one will suffer in one way or another. It was a good episode, even though I found it too simple.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 5, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
That was sad...
Nov 24, 2015 3:49 AM

Jun 2015
Although it was a little messed up ...but yeah it was a good episode
Aug 4, 2016 7:48 PM

Jan 2008
Seems like they're pushing the boat out with the stories and gore this season. It be a lot more better and gory in my opinion - but I'm still enjoying this season more than the first so far.
Sep 6, 2016 8:45 AM
Sep 2016
does any one know the name of the theme used in that episode at 3:23
very thankful 4 how found it ^^
Mar 29, 2017 9:53 AM

Apr 2009
Why did Ai rejected him at first?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2017 3:32 AM

May 2015
OP1 while bowling is always good
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 2, 2018 7:32 AM

Oct 2015
Ai's starting to grow on me. I just love this series, many of those single episode side characters have a lot of care and thought put into them. It's such a breath of fresh air from your typical anime.
Jun 15, 2019 2:00 AM

Sep 2012
Mizore951 said:
emma was turned down cuz he was going to do it himself and not use her... i wish he would have told her what was going 2 happen instead of hanging up!!!

Aozure said:
Dam what a pathetic guy, he could have at least warned her before hand >_> poor girl...only if he took action before that happened to her she could've been spared T_T

Salmissra said:
What a fucking loser.

klanco said:
Salmissra said:
What a fucking loser.

I totally agree.!

jup and u would believe stalker some1 u bearly know over ur bf/gf?

thats why he didn't

@Magebane

thats kind of what i am saying as well
Sugram22Jun 15, 2019 2:16 AM
Jan 25, 2021 1:17 PM

Mar 2019
Tough episode. So in the end, he wants to be with that girl in hell and that's why he's going to kill the other dude but why do it yourself, I don't see the point of it. You can go to that hell without killing someone.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2022 4:25 PM
Dec 2017
another pretty messed up episode.

Mar 30, 2023 1:26 PM

Sep 2017
MANNNNN THIS ENDING SONG IS SO GOOD
Oh yeah the episode. It was fine, I wasn't expecting the plot-twist there. It was just weird to me though, the fact that the guy so easily used date rape drug on his own girlfriend and gave her to his kouhai. I guess he was the swinger type huh. Well, both of them will get what they deserve.
The show has recently started to punish all the wrongdoers. I like that.

@sugram22
So this was the episode that you were talking about about; the one where Enma decides to reject a request. Ah..if she had only done sooner for that nurse...
It's kind of interesting how suddenly on season 2 the Hell Cast gained a whole new personality.
FatephileMar 30, 2023 1:33 PM
خ
Mar 30, 2023 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
Fatephile said:
MANNNNN THIS ENDING SONG IS SO GOOD
Oh yeah the episode. It was fine, I wasn't expecting the plot-twist there. It was just weird to me though, the fact that the guy so easily used date rape drug on his own girlfriend and gave her to his kouhai. I guess he was the swinger type huh. Well, both of them will get what they deserve.
The show has recently started to punish all the wrongdoers. I like that.

@sugram22
So this was the episode that you were talking about about; the one where Enma decides to reject a request. Ah..if she had only done sooner for that nurse...
It's kind of interesting how suddenly on season 2 the Hell Cast gained a whole new personality.
well its her punishment so the les he rejects the better

cause of Takuma story u will see another side of Ai, i haven't seen so much evil in rest of the show then hes story from start to end, how evil ppl can become, its really Fed up 

Sugram22Mar 31, 2023 2:45 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 25, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.