Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2012 6:12 PM
Dec 2007
cardin said:
Serabukai said:
Psh, all the flame hazes are so weak willed. Literally almost everybody but the main characters with the exception of Francois all ran in circles and died. I'm suprised none of the non main character Flame Haze knew how to fly, cast unrestricted spells, and do so awesome wide range damaga. They were all contracted to gods weren't they?

Not really. There's 3 types of denizens: Normal, Lords and Gods. Gods can bend reality which is what the Snake probably plans to do. There's only 3 of them in the show so everyone else is lord-class or below.

Strange thing is, why can the Snake exist in the world but Alastor can't? It seems odd that the Flame Hazes are crutched by having their lords all sealed on in a vessel, can't the lords do anything?
Alastor can actually how up if he really had to since Shana proved herself strong enough to handle Alastor's power without dying but the Flame Hazes limit themselves to just channelling their Crimzon Denizen's power due to the amount of power of existence they'd need to use otherwise. Let's just say it like this, the Crimzom Denizens from Bal Masque have no qualms of just killing human' existence, on the other hands Flame Hazes don't have that option. For example, the Flame Hazes that "died" their Denizen partners didn't die, they just returned to their homseworld. When a Bal Masque member dies, they die, they don't just teleport back to their homeworld. This is actually the reason why Shana and the other God that fought Sidonay are actually not as strong as a full-powered Snake of the Festival. Alastor, fully manifested, could probably take out the Snake himself seeing as he's the God of Destruction but he's not gonna risk it.

In essence, in this war you could argue one side is fighting no holds-barred and the other is fighting with a hand tied behind their back.

Jan 30, 2012 3:20 AM

Jan 2012
why no OP and ED video this time -__- but the ED song is from kawada mami too. it should be awesome but the character voice didn't end so it's hard to hear it. *sigh*
Feb 12, 2012 7:31 AM

Jan 2011
Season 3 is like a completely other anime, I'm missing the old stuff.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 13, 2012 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
Sad to see the bridgebuilder die. He was one of the only flame hazes that I was liking.
Feb 15, 2012 3:32 AM

Apr 2009
Now the Flame Haze army have their first two big-name casualties. Strong ones, too. It's a shame that the episode Centerhill got to show off his abilities was also the episode that he died.

The other was the commander Samuel. Well, at least he died with a bang, taking out a big bunch of enemy grunts with him, using the tower that he was maintaining that collapsed with his death. Good retreat plan. Had it failed, the rest of the army might as well have been annihilated then and there with the exception of the strongest handful of them.

It's good to see Margery back in fighting form for the action. J.C. Staff must be pulling out the stops for the Final season by continuing the animation even while the credits were rolling for this and the other episodes.
Feb 17, 2012 8:49 PM

Sep 2008
Was that girl giving that guy a bj in the beginning?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2012 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
Man re-watching this was such a great idea. I'm enjoying it a lot more compared to when I was watching it ongoing. xD

Sydoney still staying strong after vsing everyone at once, what a boss. =p
Apr 25, 2012 4:48 AM
Dec 2010
I must have missed something in this season or forgotten something from previous seasons but I don't get that, why do they want to stop creation of another world?
I can't stop feeling that flame hazes just wants to fight while they don't have to. It seems like all that huge scale war was pointless massacre because Yuuji and his god mate simply want to build separated home world for each species so they don't ever need to fight each other again while Flame hazes just want to keep things as they are, where humans get eaten everyday and flame hazes can come and do hero like actions by getting rid of those who were hungry. Ofc there's possibility of things going wrong but damn i find myself cheering on Yuuji side while all important characters in story seems to be opposed the idea.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 22, 2012 4:46 PM

Jul 2007
So the gods of the motherlands finally decide to help out. Damn Centerhill is pretty strong. Can't wait to see the other 3 gods of the motherlands.

And yes Margery FINALLY makes her triumphant return. I am so glad she is back in the game.

I take it that other guy that sweeped shana and wilhemina flying by was another god of the motherland flame haze. That is just my guess. Anyways an ok episode. Does anyone else think that the the gods of the motherland think they are like the shit, they act so arrogant like they own the damn world, at least that center hill does. Why they did not even lend a hand during the war is beyond me.
ArtimesGamerJun 22, 2012 4:53 PM

Aug 13, 2012 6:01 PM

Mar 2012
This is such a good season!

This ep was rather boring though.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Apr 11, 2013 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
Damn that was heartwarming scene for Samuel.
Oct 28, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2007
It's madness to create a new innocent world?

Where is the reason we are suppose to be rooting on the flame hazes, I know from the past Trinity is not good, but what has led us to believe Yuji is not.

I say make Xanadu and if something bad happens, stop it then.
My anime list
Dec 6, 2013 8:21 AM
Mar 2013
Every show of every season has a terrible episode or three. This is one of those episodes. Nothing really happened in this episode and we didn't even have that much screen time of either Yuji or Shana.

There's only so much I can care about characters that are randomly introduced a few episodes over characters I've known for over 2 seasons. But seeing Margery and Sydonay in action again was a plus.
Jan 7, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2013
If creating the other world is harmless and why the fuck do they not just let them do it!
Apr 7, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
That god guy was pretty cool in the end. Too bad he served as a sacrifice :/
Same for Samuel.

Their plan was pretty clever, to create two lures. But they had to sacrifice two of the best Flame Hazes, they only gained time...

The fighting was pretty cool. Centerhill was fighting so carelessly xD

Sydonay is such a beautiful motherfucker. I'll be sad when he'll die :(

Old nun should have been the sacrifice >:(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 17, 2014 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
The Death Scenes are well done.
Sep 2, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2014
CenterHill and Samuel is gone...
so it continues...
Sep 29, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode and the deaths were very heartfelt. I know we haven't known the characters for long but the scenes still had an emotional impact, time to regroup, recoup, and fight on!
Oct 25, 2014 4:15 AM

Jan 2008
CenterHill, one of the hyped up Four Gods, got pawned? Okaaay. I'd like to see the other three Gods now.
Nov 30, 2014 6:12 PM
May 2011
I'll never understand the "power levels" of people in this series

one second this "god" is teleporting around 1 shotting people, the next hes losing to Sydonay, who was able to take on a bunch of strong flame hazes at the same time including shana, who in turn was able to actually inflict damage on yuji? (after getting casually destroyed by him at the beginning of the season all while he was fending off multiple other flame hazes)

in any event this whole war was kind of retarded, as soon as the trinity got back why didn't they join in? They let all the flame hazes that came out with them start killing off people while they just started chilling. Except for Sydonay of course who comes after letting them get the upper hand to start running away.

Lucky for them sabrac wanted to die or he would have soloed the entire army himself.
Mar 28, 2015 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
Don't know what's wrong with everyone else. The other seasons were so slow-paced most of the time and boring. I really like that this series has drifted anyway from the slice of life/school elements. The thing i'm not liking is Kasumi getting left behind, since she had been so important up to this season. I guess I just like action series more than slice of life series, so this season has been great.
Nov 27, 2016 2:56 PM
Aug 2015
Do not really like this season that much, but art is godly sometimes
Jun 15, 2017 2:55 PM

Nov 2016
Goodbye Center Hill, we won't forget your sacrifice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 1, 2017 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
What is so wrong with Yuki's/Snake plan by having Denizens going to a world where it's ran by power of existence. This way humans will no longer be sacrificial pawns in this war. Flame Haze's wanting to continue comes to not much surprise. I remember how they acted like they could care less about humans. Who's really the good guys here? It's so headache inducing because I'm supposed be siding with these Flame Hazes. Yet I can't find a reason to side with them at all. I get that their reason for living as Flame Haze's is to fight. Okay? So you'll continue waging war instead of just living a peaceful life. Unless this Snake person has something evil hidden behind it, I don't see a reason to oppose. Even the Four Gods stated how it was harmless. But then Wilhelmina brings up the possibility that they may act up sometime down the future. What the hell? That's what makes you continue this fight. There's no saying whether or not this would reoccur. If it does then you just fight them. Simple as that. This way you can continue to live just in-case they act up again. Flame Haze's at this point are just being selfish. Shana has regressed unfortunately but it's whatever. To be honest I'm just continuing to watch just because I've made it 3 seasons in at this point.
FlashoftheBladeDec 1, 2017 5:21 AM
Jan 26, 2020 8:17 PM

Aug 2017
Geez this season stinks. I miss the days when they were in school frolicking and eating bentos. Just struggling to speed through this as fast as i can
Aug 29, 2020 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
Hm...

I getting kinda fed by all those throwaway characters, no matter what they story may be. Sirotci (orphans in czech, heh) were one of them. It's never good to have any drama with characters just introduced in the very episode.

Margery is back and supposedly Satou should come with her yet he is nowhere to be seen. Kazumi was long forgotten in this stupid war story. Hecate pretty much forgot everything she went through. Literally anything that happened in past two seasons is irrelevant now.

Also, by this point, flame hazes are basically deluding themselves, unwilling to acknowledge the world is changing, desperately trying to keep with old world order, not matter what they have to do. I call it blindness, it's really nothing else.

Even when they get to know that creating a new world wouldn't create any problems for current one, they still choose to fight their enemies even there, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANY DIFFERENT. They didn't allow them to go away and live elsewhere. And I find it very problematic that narrative is still trying to potray them as a good guys, misguided Shana included.

They simple need to interfere and find a new reason to fight, to mutually persuade themselves that they are still right, what they are doing is right.

How twisted is that? How can they be even considered good guys?
Nov 25, 2020 10:55 AM

Jun 2017
Margery's return was spectacular but Sydonay broke the spell too fast for my liking. I wish the powers of these flame hazes such as Centerhill were elaborated more. Basically now the flame hazes see all the worlds as one and would proceed to protect even the worlds outside Earth. But they have taken a terrible blow and are unable to do anything in their current state.
Feb 16, 2022 7:30 PM

Nov 2010
Did Chiara suck Sale's dick? hehe

I dont understand why Yuji is still allowing denizens to attack Flame Hazes who already stopped fighting. I thought he didn't want further deaths to happen? or did he only mean that on his ideal world of Xanadu? Hmm...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.