3It was OK
11.2%
2Disliked it
2.8%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.4
107 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2012 8:56 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, Shana and Wilhelmina Sydonay began to fight with Sydonay but did not expect to Margery in that battle, and I did surprising that at the end Centerhill help :O
Jan 20, 2012 9:22 AM

Nov 2007
And so the first 2 named flame haze falls, Centerhill was cool this episode but man, Ademantius died like a true bro ;_;
Also FUCK YEAH MARGERY RETURNS! I was very very excited so see her glorious return.
The battle has ended for now, its time to regroup and prepare for the final battle.

BUT CMON I WANT TO SEE THE ED ANIMATION AT LEAST ONCE!!

Man this season is so great...
game8910Jan 20, 2012 1:50 PM
Jan 20, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2011
Not a too bad of an episode...but really? Do the flame hazes really need to outnumber the strong members of Bal Masqe every time? It was 1 VS 3 with Sabrac, and 1 VS 3/4 with Sydoney...I mean c'mon...
Jan 20, 2012 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
So we saw some important flame haze die this time. I have the feeling that next big battle will be final one. Can't wait!!
Jan 20, 2012 12:43 PM
Jan 2012
Strange that nobody commented on the fact that we found out Xanadu may not be so harmless after all, although I didn't really understand it completely.

So the turbulence in the rift between worlds is caused by consuming energy of existence in our world, and making Xanadu there would push that turbulence back into our world? Or something? I thought that was it, but then he said this world wouldn't notice it, and he seems to be concerned for Xanadu's safety, not our world's?

I'm confused.
Jan 20, 2012 12:48 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
this season feels so weird.. season 1 and 2 were kinda slow .. introduction more like supernatural drama anime... but season 3 is action packed action anime.... feels so weird..
Jan 20, 2012 1:10 PM

Aug 2011
so both Centerhill and Samuel died this time, kind of sad ive never hated either side of the war and both seemed really cool in my eyes. I found this episode to be quite sad indeed. and the ED just set the emotion even more.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Jan 20, 2012 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
Finally Margery is Back! Its been a long time since she has been in a fight, but it ended too soon.

Anyway, it was a great episode. It kept me on the edge throughout the entire thing. Although I wish that we had seen the fight between Sydonay and Centerhill. But at least, I imagine that the other three "gods" will make their appearance soon.
Jan 20, 2012 2:41 PM

Apr 2010
The so called "Gods" aren't that much huh. Sydonay is still as awesome as he used to be.
Jan 20, 2012 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
I need to comment several thing about this eppy:
Sydonay is very strong, don't forget he is one of the Trinity, and no wonder why he goes easily against several Flame Hazes.
It was nice to see Centerhill complement Shana, and sad to see him die. I'd like to know more about him, but at least the other three gods will appear soon.
Margery was very welcome and long awaited, but what I really can't wait for is to see her re-encounter with Yuji.
Tendokyoku was well hidden, right down their noses!

RIP Samuel and Centerhill...
Jan 20, 2012 6:02 PM

Nov 2009
Season 3 is a real letdown.
Forced action and boring fights everywhere...wait, theres also lots of boring dialoque.
At first i was thinking this would be really interesting with Yuuji on the 'bad' side but i didn't expect it to be like..THIS.
Already 15 episodes and it feels like nothing interesting happened...not something that couldn't happen in 3-4 episodes...but 15?!
Jan 20, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2010
Good Episode, Sydonay is a boss period; and the so called "God" was a really let down, his reasoning for fighting (like a certain bunch, but more on that later) and the fact that he got severely owned; he didn't even lay one scratch before dying and he is a god? well unless he was like the reject out of the 4 i don't think the other gods will affect the scenario to severely unless the simply overpower them for the sake of plot like in many other anime.

Ok then, now on to the "reason" part 2, once again they failed to give any solid reason for fighting at all; even that one guy who died i think his name was Samuel (guy with one eye) his only given reason was that this war was the fight he chose.... ok that's good for you and all but why again? I have a feeling that since this is all about existence, balance, and maintaining of structure which the new world "threatens" that Yuji's Reiji Maigo will come into play similar to the fountain of infinite existence they created in season 1.

Now with my opinion already solidified as given that the Flame Haze's have been shallow all season long; this episode was no different, I'll add that i highly doubt they will make Yuji look like Mr.Perfect and give him all the sympathy like they did following his speech; they are probably gonna make him do something "horrible" that will give the sympathy back to the "good" Flame Hazes; i could obviously be wrong but since its such a common Plot device i figured I'd guess it now.

With that said whether my prediction is right or wrong my opinion on that matter remains; and that is "the ends justify the means". Its an old form of theory that is criticized for its lack of morality but considering how this is war; i don't think that the possibility of killing a few flame hazes or possibly even a few humans would derail my thought since without this war the situation would stay the same and the humans and Flame Hazes would die progressively anyway through consumption and battle respectively.

I've mentioned it before; but I'd figure i would say it again because their was another example of it this episode; lets say the stupid nun actually has knowledge about the creation of the new world that hasn't been revealed and it proves its a BS plan which won't work, lets say that all occurs due to her past experience. If a God and I'm not talking about Mr. one armed supposed God, but the true deal on a huge ass snake tells you he has mastered a new method after thousands of years wouldn't you maybe, just a little consider that you don't know everything and verify the possibility?
Jan 20, 2012 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
I'm finding it extremely difficult to understand what Shana and what that Earth "God" are talking about. The Earth "God" goes on about how it is "madness that would create an innocent new world." If that's supposed to be a reason or justification to continue fighting... I do not know. Hopefully they can provide a better explanation in a later episode.
Jan 20, 2012 8:36 PM

Oct 2011
Heh, Sydonay is extremely strong... Bein' a boss fighting on par against what, 3 people?
But sadly I'm sure they'll find a bs way to kill him.
Jan 20, 2012 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
I really don't like Sydonay that much, but it was still a cool battle.
Jan 20, 2012 9:11 PM

Oct 2010
Finally we are about to return to the city setting. I kind of got tired of those empty plains and huge crowds of poorly animated monster-clone-soldiers.

What i want is encounter between Yuji and his former friends, more drama, something more intriquing, like Shana`s quest for gathering allies, solo missions, etc.

Well, i can`t put into words properly, but i really don`t want to see more massive battles - not only they are not animated properly, but also boring as hell.
DurmanstainerJan 22, 2012 4:48 AM
Jan 20, 2012 9:45 PM

May 2011
not bad not bad. looking forward to the appearance of the other 3 gods!
Jan 20, 2012 10:45 PM

Apr 2011
pussy passed by, and she peeped in
Jan 20, 2012 11:14 PM

Sep 2011
Meh I actually miss the romance aspect of this Anime. :( Overall not too bad of an episode. Sucks that its almost over though and it feels like it barely started... ;-;
Jan 21, 2012 12:48 AM

Apr 2011
Horo said:
Forced action and boring fights everywhere...wait, theres also lots of boring dialoque.
At first i was thinking this would be really interesting with Yuuji on the 'bad' side but i didn't expect it to be like..THIS.
Already 15 episodes and it feels like nothing interesting happened...not something that couldn't happen in 3-4 episodes...but 15?!
As much as I love Shakugan no shana I'm going to have to agree so far it hasn't been all that exciting, except for when yugi returns and shana finds out he's fighting on the other side. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2012 12:52 AM

Sep 2011
sn0w said:
Horo said:
As much as I love Shakugan no shana I'm going to have to agree so far it hasn't been all that exciting, except for when yugi returns and shana finds out he's fighting on the other side. :/

LOL yeah, that has to be the best part that happened this entire season. I thought season 2 was a letdown (sort of) but not so much compared to this one... xD
Jan 21, 2012 1:19 AM

Aug 2010
Well the whole war thing was kinda boring IMO and right now I'm kinda lost where the hell they are going with this..

I miss season 1 D:
Jan 21, 2012 1:46 AM
Dec 2011
I liked the first 2 seasons much better! There's some cool scenes in season 3, but the flame haze vs denizen war has gotten very tedious and the introduction of DOZENS of characters means character development is no longer important.
Jan 21, 2012 2:55 AM

Apr 2011
This feels rushed. You've got some new characters brought in, and at episode 15 it doesn't seem like there will be much development for them. Then you have two characters which we didn't see much screen or development time with them. Dying off as usual without much background.

Then you have the whole point of Flame Haze VS. Denizens. I agree with Yuji. If the dumbshit "God of Creation" found a new method to create a separate world that won't do crap to this one, what's so pissy for the flame hazes to accept it? I can see why they'd be a little miffed, concerned, and paranoid. But if its a tested method that proves to work without flaw hey go for it right? I'm personally with the denizens right now as most of us are anyway. I also have a feeling that nun bitch might pull some shit with Shana. Something she knows that she isn't telling her.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jan 21, 2012 3:37 AM
Aug 2011
I feel that this show focused too heavily on the romance at some points in past seasons. I don't have a problem with the romance, but when the romance doesn't evolve and is just a back and forth over and over of misunderstandings and bundled feelings it can get old. I don't mind this giant battle that has taken place recently in the episodes. It was refreshing compared to last seasons stagnation.

I do agree they are shoving too many interesting characters into a very small time frame though.
Tired_SmurphJan 21, 2012 6:37 AM
Jan 21, 2012 4:15 AM
Jan 2012
Alternate possibility: They're just following the books. I know, farfetched, but still.
Jan 21, 2012 6:34 AM
Aug 2011
Unahim said:
Alternate possibility: They're just following the books. I know, farfetched, but still.

Wonderful sarcastic point, yet you must realize that fitting as many light novels into each season as they do things get lost or bundled at times. Maybe to your surprise there has been filler, even though there was not a need for it.
Jan 21, 2012 4:46 PM

Jun 2010
Show's totally changed from what it used to be, but I think I'm getting used to this.

Jan 22, 2012 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
badbluesplayer said:
Well the whole war thing was kinda boring IMO and right now I'm kinda lost where the hell they are going with this..

I miss season 1 D:

then read the novel. I knew what will happens and trust me it's a good ending. At least for me.
Jan 22, 2012 5:07 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, more battles are comming, can't wait.
Nice appearance of Margery, too.
Jan 22, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
I would like to clear one very big misunderstanding: Centerhill wasn't a god, he was contracted to a god so basically he is the same as Shana and Yuji.

I think people are underestimating the triade a bit too much. Sydonay, Bel Peol and Hecate are especially very strong king level Tomogara.
Contractor are much weaker than the god they actually contract to so it is not because a Flame haze is contracted to a god that they are going to overpower every king level tomogara.

Centerhill was very strong, stronger than Sydonay but he lost his arm in the battle and sadly the difference in strenght between him and Sydonay wasn't big enough to allow him to win.

Shana has the resolve of using Tenpa jousai which will summon Alastor in the human world. She is the only god contracted human to have the resolve to do this and that is why I beleive it'll end up with a Alastor vs Snake of the festival clash while Shana and Yuji settle things on their own.
Jan 22, 2012 6:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Maddo_scientisto said:
I would like to clear one very big misunderstanding: Centerhill wasn't a god, he was contracted to a god so basically he is the same as Shana and Yuji.

False. The four "gods" flame haze are contracted to Lord-class. They are called gods because they are named after Native American Deities. There are only 3 true gods of guze named: Alastor, Snake and another that will be revealed. They each possess an absolute power that is related to the very foundation of the universe (i.e. they ARE gods in the real sense of the terms)

And the Trinity are really really really powerful Lords that serve directly under the God of Creation. They can be considered semi-deities.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 22, 2012 6:47 PM

Jun 2008
So yeah, even Centerhill even knows what kind of shit could happen if the 2nd world is made. Is it possible that Yuji wants to make the new world, but has no idea of the gravity of the consequences of doing so?
Jan 22, 2012 7:26 PM
Jan 2010
I keep watching this anime because of the love I have to it, not because I find this season good.
I don't get where the story is going to. Too many fights, too many characters, no main characters action... .____.
Jan 22, 2012 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
I actually like the direction this is going in. I always wanted to see more flame haze and a larger scale conflict. Not that the previous stuff was bad. It just wasn't getting anywhere. This has more of a purpose about it. Learning some stuff about the characters too.

I liked Samuel alot though ;o;

Love the insert ED by Mami. Really hope it's bundled with the OP single.
Jan 22, 2012 8:58 PM

Jul 2009
Well that sucked. Centerhill looked cool for a second, with his super fast disappearing tricks and nullifying powers but that's it? He couldn't take an arm from a Trinity member? Bleh, at least show the fight. This sucks.
Jan 22, 2012 11:59 PM
Dec 2011
Dr_Smurph said:
I feel that this show focused too heavily on the romance at some points in past seasons. I don't have a problem with the romance, but when the romance doesn't evolve and is just a back and forth over and over of misunderstandings and bundled feelings it can get old. I don't mind this giant battle that has taken place recently in the episodes. It was refreshing compared to last seasons stagnation.

I do agree they are shoving too many interesting characters into a very small time frame though.

I didn't mind the balance in the first season, but season 2 focused a little TOO MUCH on the romance and it wasn't done all that particularly well compared to some of the VN-based animes... it was cute at times but there were too many episodes with very little action and average romance/comedy elements. I'm actually more interested in zero no tsukaima F than Shana 3 at this point despite liking SnS more originally.
Jan 23, 2012 1:33 AM
Feb 2011
Horo said:

Episodes 4, 12-14 were the high points of the show. Though, JC Staff seem to be taking shortcuts when it comes to battle scenes.
Jan 23, 2012 8:08 AM

Jun 2009
And wow, I thought the "new" Shana would've been able to take Sydonay alone, seeing that she's almost on par with Yuji several episodes back. (How they both manage to slash each other once). Maybe Shana haven't gone all out?

^w^ reading these comments...

I have to agree, season 1 does carry a particular charm that the other 2 are missing... And it's probably the most entertaining season now i really think about it ^_^

I won't say that season 3 is a let down, but it's certainly different... But it's good to have a closure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2012 9:41 AM

Sep 2011
vaikepois said:
this season feels so weird.. season 1 and 2 were kinda slow .. introduction more like supernatural drama anime... but season 3 is action packed action anime.... feels so weird..
i know right i actually want to watch it this time. im actually enjoying myself, what weird dimension did i end up in

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 23, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2011
Ya pretty awesome episode to say the least
Jan 23, 2012 5:02 PM
Jan 2012
Nearly every fault the anime has comes directly from the novels. The plot makes little sense not because the anime is skipping or changing anything, it is exactly like this in the books. The deaths are faithful to the original and they only get ever more BS.
Jan 24, 2012 1:30 AM

Jan 2012
there weren't really much of a character development towards the new characters so a regular person who only watched the animes wouldn't even care about the two character deaths. They should of used Shana S as a character development OVA.

and i miss URUSAI! URUSAI! URUSAI!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 24, 2012 11:01 PM
Jan 2012
NoobHunterD said:
there weren't really much of a character development towards the new characters so a regular person who only watched the animes wouldn't even care about the two character deaths. They should of used Shana S as a character development OVA.

and i miss URUSAI! URUSAI! URUSAI!

Reading the novels doesn't make one care more about these deaths. In fact I couldn't even remember Samuel at all, since there weren't really any character developments in the books.
Jan 25, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2011
Poor God of Motherland died at the hands of Sydonay :( i feel sorry for his loss, he was a formidable ally of the flame hazes. Good to have Margery back. She's such a sleeping beauty
Jan 25, 2012 5:55 AM

May 2010
I love this season! I didn't pay much attention while watching the first and second seasons, but this one really interested me.

Samuel and Centerhill were awesome... T_T
And Chiara was hilarious: "Sydonaaay!" *BAM* XD

By the way, where did that "plane" come from? It doesn't seem to match Chiara's flame color (the wiki says it has "aurora" color, whatever it is, but I doubt it's green).
Also, what exactly was the effect of Centerhill's barrier?
Jan 25, 2012 3:11 PM

Jun 2007
God this episode was fantastic.
Jan 26, 2012 4:00 PM

May 2011
Wow their plan was just incredible, amazing how well they thought it out. Hiding down there because it was too hard to escape, lol brilliant. Oh damn Samuel ended up sacrificing himself and Centerhill made that a requirement for him to even help. Two extremely strong allies were lost, RIP.

Now its basically up to just Shana and her group to continue the fight, plus the other three Gods of Motherland if they show up. Wonder where Yuji meant when he said he wanted go there soon. Is it back home again? Lol hmm...
Jan 28, 2012 12:14 AM
Oct 2011
Psh, all the flame hazes are so weak willed. Literally almost everybody but the main characters with the exception of Francois all ran in circles and died. I'm suprised none of the non main character Flame Haze knew how to fly, cast unrestricted spells, and do so awesome wide range damaga. They were all contracted to gods weren't they?
Jan 28, 2012 12:57 AM

Sep 2006
Serabukai said:
Psh, all the flame hazes are so weak willed. Literally almost everybody but the main characters with the exception of Francois all ran in circles and died. I'm suprised none of the non main character Flame Haze knew how to fly, cast unrestricted spells, and do so awesome wide range damaga. They were all contracted to gods weren't they?

Not really. There's 3 types of denizens: Normal, Lords and Gods. Gods can bend reality which is what the Snake probably plans to do. There's only 3 of them in the show so everyone else is lord-class or below.

Strange thing is, why can the Snake exist in the world but Alastor can't? It seems odd that the Flame Hazes are crutched by having their lords all sealed on in a vessel, can't the lords do anything?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.