Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Mar 2013
I'm very thankful and grateful for this OVA!
This really made my day. I was really hoping for more after Climax, and this is it! and I need more... ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

This series still has a lot of potential to be a long one (like some others I've seen but never got their own adaptation) and just by seeing how Hachiman will go through his life with new adventures is really making me want more of this series.

P.S. A bit annoyed because Hachiman's sarcasm voice and tone is gone. The audio seems bad. Still, it was cringey as ever and I love it.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 26, 2023 1:58 AM

May 2020
I had forgotten how much I loved and missed this anime
it's good seeing Komachi with the others at school as well 
everyone has such good chemistry
the dinner scene was funny as well with everyone taking shots at each other
I hope they make more continuation anime series or ovas for Oregairu
At this point, more seasons are needed. One ep isn't enough 
Homura24May 26, 2023 2:07 AM

May 26, 2023 5:16 AM

Oct 2021
I want to throw yuigahama and iroha into a copium gas chamber and seal it for eternity, like seriously bitch stay away from hachiyuki. Jk anyway this episode was cute, needs more of hachiman x yukinoshita 8/10
May 30, 2023 7:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I would've preferred this ova to be an alternate anime-original ending in which Yui emerges victorious, rather just some extra epilogue(?) content. Instead this feels like being hungry, taking a single bite of a delicious burger, but not finishing the burger. And honestly, the burger wasn't exactly delicious. Yui and Yukino have un-officially declared war on each other?? I know it's teen romantic COMEDY, but this feels kind of dumb. I thought it was a done deal, I thought Yui had accepted defeat, and that they have all moved on. But no this feels like they're setting up marvel phase 4 here with discount infinity war. Season 3 wrapped up things quite nicely, but this ova comes in swinging and says "yes, but actually NO!!"

W/e. 5/10 ova. Didn't really care for any of it except the scene at the aquarium (the place where S2 ended) where Yui is still trying to get into Hachiman's pants. Like I like how she still is honest with her feelings about wanting him, but at the same time, this is kind of unfair for Yukino. But ig it doesn't really matter, because Yukino takes Yui's declaration of war pretty well. They're all laughs and giggles, haha, so funny, time for a fun season of love triangle waifu wars. But actually no, this was just a random ova. The light novels have been completed adapted, right? There's no more official story left? Perhaps this ova was just thrown out there to see if the reception would be positive enough for an anime-original season 4 to be given the green light. Idfk.
BetaMaleUltraMay 30, 2023 7:37 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 31, 2023 10:22 PM

Apr 2022
i was really looking forward to this OVA but everything just felt so odd. didn't really like it but i'll cap it at 5/10 for seeing some of their faces again.
worst entry of this entire series so far. if for some reason there's more to come, i hope it's better than this.
Jun 2, 2023 8:22 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
I just love the silly interactions between the characters! Put Komachi and Isshiki across a table and how can one not enjoy that? Yui's "let's do that!" leading to "yeah, let's kill him." was gold, xD. 

Hachiman and Yukino meeting her family for dinner moments were hilarious! Burst out laughing when he replied, "I was raised better than you", to Yukino's mother, lmao. 

All in all, it was a pretty chill episode! I guess it was nice to see Yui playing a bit of the anchor plus third-wheeler role but I would've definitely preferred more Yukino-focused ep. Oh well, at least we got her love of cats returning on screen, I'll take that, lol. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 4, 2023 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
This OVA is disgusting, studio feel fked this one up. Season 3's ending was so great with Hachiman and Yukino ending up together and now here they got Yui scheming and going on a date trying to steal Hachiman from Yukino. How could they do my boy Hachiman like that man. Damn them.
ScriptJun 4, 2023 5:23 PM
Jun 5, 2023 1:25 PM
Mar 2021
çok iyi daisuki adam
Jun 8, 2023 10:37 AM

Apr 2019
Sorta wish there was more Hachiman and Yukino moments in this OVA. Loved the momnents they shared in Climax but that also felt like it could've had more (and according to the LN readers, it did)

Was still nice to watch however since I just found out about this like an hour ago; and I love this series so any content is good content to me (that being said, they're also releasing a game too so that should be interesting). Anyways, time to contimplate on rewatching the series 

7/10 (would possibly be lower if I read the novels)
Jun 9, 2023 11:42 PM

Aug 2019
uaGH MY HEART. It's been years and I've forgotten how much i loved this series, this OVA hit like an absolute truck.

Honestly a really good epilogue / after story / reminder for the series. In 20 mins they brought some overwhelming emotions with all those nostalgic places, as well as imo doing a pretty solid job at quickly showing off all the characters again and their places in the story.

As an after story as well, it was great seeing how the trios friendship is still holding up. We get to see each casts members feelings after s3 and i'm personally really happy with how it ended up. Yui's still holding up, she won't let got of Hachiman but also will take the initiative of him more if Yukino doesn't. More Yukino and Hachiman relationship scenes are great, really shows how both characters how changed so much since season 1.
Jun 10, 2023 9:23 PM

Sep 2018
Comedy was excellent as per usual for this series, seems like a bit of forced drama and massive cope from both the creator and the other two girls, where the relationship between Hiki and Yukino is concerned though. Now it just feels weird. Still, 7/10. A possible whole re-watch may be in order after some time.
Jun 11, 2023 12:15 AM
Mar 2021
Lol this came out over a month ago? How did i just found about this lmao
Jun 12, 2023 12:54 AM

Sep 2022
At this point Yui just being annoying, Hiki isn't that kind of person who will deceive himself again after he thinks that what he found is genuine. So it is 1 Billion % hopeless for Yui. Since it is already final and determined there is no need of Season 3.
Jun 12, 2023 6:09 PM

May 2021
I can't just accept this anime ending, I want moreeee ๐Ÿ˜ญ

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

Jun 13, 2023 11:09 PM
Feb 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
I would've preferred this ova to be an alternate anime-original ending in which Yui emerges victorious, rather just some extra epilogue(?) content. Instead this feels like being hungry, taking a single bite of a delicious burger, but not finishing the burger. And honestly, the burger wasn't exactly delicious. Yui and Yukino have un-officially declared war on each other?? I know it's teen romantic COMEDY, but this feels kind of dumb. I thought it was a done deal, I thought Yui had accepted defeat, and that they have all moved on. But no this feels like they're setting up marvel phase 4 here with discount infinity war. Season 3 wrapped up things quite nicely, but this ova comes in swinging and says "yes, but actually NO!!"

W/e. 5/10 ova. Didn't really care for any of it except the scene at the aquarium (the place where S2 ended) where Yui is still trying to get into Hachiman's pants. Like I like how she still is honest with her feelings about wanting him, but at the same time, this is kind of unfair for Yukino. But ig it doesn't really matter, because Yukino takes Yui's declaration of war pretty well. They're all laughs and giggles, haha, so funny, time for a fun season of love triangle waifu wars. But actually no, this was just a random ova. The light novels have been completed adapted, right? There's no more official story left? Perhaps this ova was just thrown out there to see if the reception would be positive enough for an anime-original season 4 to be given the green light. Idfk.
what war? there is no war to begin with,the story is always about the socially awkward "couple" yukino and hachiman who "love" each other with everyone around them(including yui as just another friend),there is no "love triangle,shipping war etc".

ppl cant say about love triangle,yui end up with hachiman etc when the male mc,the protagonist himself never like or interested with yui,hachiman rejection is not "I LOVE YUKINO MORE THAN YOU YUI",no,hachiman rejection is "DONT WAIT FOR ME,I NEVER LIKE YOU YUI". ppl who think yui have chances are delusional.
Jun 14, 2023 1:12 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
^ huh

can someone interpret this dude pls, I got a stroke reading that

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 20, 2023 8:15 AM
Aug 2022
Amazing, I really miss this anime
Jun 25, 2023 1:43 PM

Apr 2016
No piece of media has ever made me cringe this hard. Especially because Oregairu is one of my all time favs and these characters are very close to my heart. Just what the hell was this disaster holy shit.
Jun 26, 2023 2:08 AM
Mar 2023
hopefully next season continues
Jun 27, 2023 1:50 AM
Jun 2023
Worst adaptation, Disgrace to the original series.
Jul 2, 2023 4:08 AM

Dec 2008
Well thats it..10 years..and it got more and more "lukewarm" as some characters describe it in the show. lol ffs... Dude was a bit too beta and didnt take charge and the gals always ran roughshod over him...sorta. Still, what a waste of small harem potential. Such wasted potential overall...season 1 was best, 2 began the visible decline, and 3rd season was just baout the prom...bleh 5/10 at best MOVING ONWArd, ever onward...T<T Darn YOU AMBIGUOUS Endings! ONe more SEASON OR OVA SERIES...bu it wont happne...T<T
Jul 3, 2023 1:34 AM

Jul 2019
There's not a lot of school romcom like this so even if its clear so clear that the studio or writer preferred another ship its still done in a style that got people hooked with the story and characters in the first place. Not my favourite OVA for obvious reasons. But I liked the last scene in the club. That's Oregairu in a few minutes.
Jul 12, 2023 3:12 AM
Nov 2022
GARBAGE GARBAGE THIS RECONTEXTUALIZES THE WHOLE ENDING OF THE SERIES, IT WASNT EVEN THAT BAD BUT THE ENDING SCENE JUST SHITS OVER EVEETYTHING I HATE ITTTTTT
Jul 22, 2023 3:09 AM

Jul 2021
not that this is bad but it leaves a bad taste after watching season 3.

i liked that yui confessed and didn't keep it to herself and isn't expecting a reply either but i don't think it was the best thing to do. she even declared that she might snatch him lol. but this OVA destroyed her character and what i thought about her in season 3. i thought she would keep everything to herself and root for her best friends but yui wanting to pursue him even after alll this is not cool. you can even say this has ruined yui's character. for my own good i'm not gonna consider the happenings in this OVA as canon.

anyway i read the first 2 chapters of the light novel and i wish there were more komachi neko scenes, in the novel it happened several times if i'm remembering correctly and here it was brief.

but still hachiman was WAY OUTTA line with yukino's mum there. i was horrified that he could say stuff like that to her face. that was just plain disrespectful now, didn't like it one bit.

plus there were no yukino x hachiman cute lovey-dovey moments, i wanted to see more like the s3 last epiosode. the tie part was meh, nothing cute.

i hope there's a more proper OVA in future. even original is fine with stuff like school trip or beach episode or festival episode. just wanna se yukino and hachiman being lovey-dovey and progressing in their relationship without yui coming in between.

7.5/10 for enjoyment rounded off to 8.
TsutanaiFuunJul 22, 2023 3:14 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Jan 2014
finally, it has come to an end. it's kinda hard to follow this series, I feels like they're all just complicate simple things. some of my friends told me that this kind of story is what happened in our real life, but I don't think that's really happening in my life, or at least around me.
Sep 17, 2023 11:36 AM

Jan 2021
So... do they want to end the story or not... cause it seems like they're teasing for more with this OVA with the implications of Yui not giving up and Iroha being sneaky. The ending lowkey felt like an official declaration of war lol. I usually don't rate OVAs cause most of them are just filler anyway but this seems like a proper continuation of the main story so might as well do it. It was alright, I guess. A cute 6/10
Sep 23, 2023 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
Very good final. I think I liked everyone and every minute of this episode. I had to quickly rewatch previous seasons because I forgot what happened after so long time since I watched it. Wait why it took 3 years to make 20 minutes OVA?!

Yui and Iroha were great, I wonder if Komachi dislikes Yukino?

"well at least better than you" - was the best!:D
the cutlery part also ;d but Yukino could teach him earlier in train.. for real.. Yui is better and have better assets, if you know what I mean :p

the part with Yukino and Komachi cat photo on the phone was well animated
(ใฅ๏ฟฃ ³๏ฟฃ)ใฅ ใกใ‚…ใฃ ใกใ‚…ใฃ ใ‚ญใ‚น (´๏ฝกโœชωโœช๏ฝก๏ฝ€)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 4, 2023 10:21 AM

Jun 2017
So I finally got around to watching this, the Yukino, Hachiman bits were amazing but here we go again with the Yui preference, like it wasn't enough that most of S3 was about her angst and this time they also completely changed content.....

Yui going full backstabbing just pissed me off.

It was not worth the wait sadly.
Oct 7, 2023 3:25 AM
Mar 2021
The dialogues were awesom. Specially yuigahama when she says if yuki don't pay attention she will take the opportunity.I want more Oregairu is my fav rom com anime mann.Now this is the perfect ending but still want more ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Oct 22, 2023 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
I just saw the ova with my gf I died and had to rewind when hachiman said his parents parenting was better than yukinos moms at her ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜†

God I hope they animated the rest of the shin vols one day if not I'll read them myself
Oct 25, 2023 8:45 PM

Nov 2010
"They were better than you, at least." Haha! That's why whenever I have dinner with my future parents-in-law. I always shut my mouth and only speak in the most calculated way possible. I still remember when Hachiman confronted Yukino's mom. Damn, that was so ballsy. I don't think I could ever do that!

Yui is such a martyr and is still trying to go for that NTR route. Well, all's fair in love in war until Hachiman and Yukinon get married! Haha!
Oct 31, 2023 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
That was quite amusing. We got more cute Yukinon, she wants a Komachi ahem I mean neko. The dinner with Yukinon's family was hella amusing too. Seems like they know about their relationship. The catfight was kinda funny and Iroha really wanna go for the steal lol. A nice epilogue of sorts to s3 just like how there were ovas for the first two seasons.

The toxicity in this thread though, damn people have nothing better to do then watch something they don't like and complain.
Nov 11, 2023 5:07 AM

May 2020
I would not take this as something canon lol. As I mean the ending we've had.. already have, works like a proper fullstop. Hachiman chose Yukino and that was it. As I mean, if anything this OVA undermines Yui's character... "I'd still go after him, until he takes my arm and throw me aside" kinda message does leave a bad impression, when in fact she's better than that.

Would've fancied more of Yukino and Hachiman together but fine, as I mean getting back to this series and these characters gave a sense of fulfillment, and that's all that matters.

I wouldn't pray for a continuation of any sort, because I still think what we have is already well and enough. Anyways, I felt that knife and fork scene lol.
Nov 16, 2023 12:14 AM

May 2022
It ended. It really ended. I can't even begin to describe how much this series has become a part of me. I really love this series even though I didn't understand many psychological themes of the show. This OVA Episode was really good with pretty funny character interactions and warm moments. They really went out of their way to cement Yuigahama as the best girl even though she already is and the one I most wanted to end with Hachiman. But Hachiman×Yukinoshita is a really good pair already so I am satisfied.

Well then, This is the end. This is gonna be my most cherished anime of my Last High-School Year and the one I can look back to as the most Relatable Anime in my life. Gonna miss this series very much.

Regards
๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“๐‘’๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐’น๐’พ๐’ธ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐ฟ๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’.
Dec 14, 2023 4:29 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to zerokarasu
BetaMaleUltra said:

what war? there is no war to begin with,the story is always about the socially awkward "couple" yukino and hachiman who "love" each other with everyone around them(including yui as just another friend),there is no "love triangle,shipping war etc".

ppl cant say about love triangle,yui end up with hachiman etc when the male mc,the protagonist himself never like or interested with yui,hachiman rejection is not "I LOVE YUKINO MORE THAN YOU YUI",no,hachiman rejection is "DONT WAIT FOR ME,I NEVER LIKE YOU YUI". ppl who think yui have chances are delusional.
@zerokarasu I agree that it was clear that 8man would end up with Yukino from early on but saying it’s not a love triangle is dumb. Even 8man said it was one to Haruno in one episode…
Dec 27, 2023 4:26 PM

Sep 2007
I've never seen a show that seemed more interested in the pairing that didn't happen than the actual couple - Yui dominated the last series and this OVA.
Jan 4, 2:10 PM

Jul 2017
You know what? I enjoyed this OVA more than most of the season 3.
I got confused in almost the entirety of Oregairu Kan, with all those messages that you need to pay heavy attention to understand what's going on and what are the characters' feelings. On season 1 there were some clever moments that made it a really good series, season 2 had that confession at the beginning that Hachiman used for the purpose of having his schoolmates stick together. But on season 3 there were hardly anything like that, and the romance part of the majority of it had a really bad pacing, very badly explained that I could barely enjoy at all.

Glad that this OVA, like the previous ones, were easy to understand. Doesn't matter to me if an anime has clever lore, relationships and characters, if they require you to have a very high IQ, then it's not enjoyable.
Jan 18, 9:46 AM

May 2020
I didn't expect anything from this OVA that released 3.5 years after the main story. Which make me sad is i think that will be more of future club and extra story or something that not speak up about their love triangle ship? yeah, i think it's not gonna happen. So far, this OVA just an additional or kinda like a recap of 'last episode'? coz its episode contain about that. Not bad for refresh mind that who already forgot about this story. That's i am, almost forget how the end of this story.
Jan 25, 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
It had its funny moments, but overall it was pretty mid. Probably the worst of the 3 OVAs.
Mar 1, 5:06 AM

Jan 2018
This flew under the radar for me since it was released almost a year ago.

Anyway, looks like this OVA is meant for Team Yuigahama. It was kinda fine. I would prefer the other two OVAs the Oregairu had to offer.
Mar 14, 7:07 AM
Jul 2021
weid harem end. If yui was chosen she wouldnt allow him to go on dates with other girls. Yukino is a disgrace to all black haired waifus
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who wants a Yui route?

saikyozero - Jul 2, 2023

27 by badabass »»
Mar 14, 7:24 AM

» What's the likelyhood of this getting dubbed?

MrYandereFan26 - Aug 2, 2023

4 by Reversign »»
Aug 3, 2023 5:39 PM

» Is this after S3 Finished or its between some timeline?

WomboComboLongo - Jan 22, 2021

37 by Asudox »»
Jul 30, 2023 11:59 AM

» How much does this OVA adapt?

TsutanaiFuun - Jul 6, 2023

4 by GeoXsf9 »»
Jul 8, 2023 5:53 AM

» Who opened the door at the end of the episode?

SMERQY - May 29, 2023

9 by Ricky16 »»
Jun 20, 2023 8:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.