Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2015
dabdabgoose said:
RyuRabbit said:

well for one i don't own a gun as it's illegal to use one for self defence unless the other guy has a gun rightfully so i might add excessive self defence and all.

But if i did i would protect myself but i wouldn't try to kill the guy, i have had someone break into my house before and i have been mugged neither time did i attempt to kill the person that would be wrong.

in those situations you defend yourself and restrain the person or run if you have no other option killing is valid but even then it's the worst thing you can do certainly not the first choice anyone would make.

It's the same reason as why most people are against the death penalty even for murderers, killing isn't right and should be the last option for when your hand is forced.

Even then knowing that logistically humans are emotional creatures put into a situation where you must do something awful like killing many people would refuse to do so or would do so and then regret it, not that that's the right move as it's not but pretending people would kill someone trying to kill them and not freeze or feel remorse afterwards is well silly not everyone works like that.

when it comes to it people act differently and in the mc's situation when put into that situation he probably would kill metro he is facing a theoretical situation in his head he isn't in a life or death situation so he can think without fear and because of that he takes his beliefs into account.

Like no shit in the theoretical situation he would freeze up.
You didn't answer my question, I didn't say mugging or a sceniaro you yourself was in, I said if that person broke into your house to kill you and you knew it(just like the MC knows Metropolitan man wants to kill him) and you had a Gun, they also have a gun as well.

To deny using the gun goes against Human instinct of self preservation thus unrelatable.

Hence your questions validity is silly your applying the mind of the average person to someone who is depressed.

I would use the gun but i wouldn't try to kill them granted using a gun you likely would.
Human instinct of self preservation does exist yeah but peoples beliefs impact that instinct and not every human has the same level of self preservation personally i have put myself into quite a few life threatening situations to help others back during my teenage years when dealing with bullying and pavement smashing at my highschool which sent many people to hospital, whilst many wouldn't so i can say my self preservation instinct isn't as strong as most peoples.

Your question assumes the MC has the same self preservation which well he is DEPRESSED people with depression generally have a lower level of self preseration or a lack of it so no shit the mc's beliefs will come first.

Hence why it makes sense, it's ok to dislike it but the writing of his character makes a ton of sense.

Also there is a reason why most people regret killing in self defence even if you end up doing it no one wants to kill someone to save others or themselves what makes us do it is our self preservation instinct.

If that is lowered or missing then you get people like me or at worst someone like the MC who can't even consider it because he lacks it.

IMO that doesn't make him a pussy but if you think it does that's fair we are all welcome to our opinions and you probably don't relate to the dude.
Nov 11, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
LMAO. Can't believe Mukaidou became the freaking Doom guy at the end.

So yeah... this episode was bad. Incredible how this show goes more and more downhill with each new week. This Mimimi girl is so cringe and annoying asf and for fuck's sake, I'm really getting sick of Mirai's passiveness.
Having Mukaidou acting like a discount Kiritsugu was somewhat "entertaining" tho.
Nov 11, 2021 9:22 PM
Sep 2019
At this point, i feel like i want to drop this anime.
Nov 11, 2021 9:22 PM
Apr 2021
This MC sucks big time. I would've loved it if Light was the MC instead of this loser, it would've been a good battle between him and Metropoliman
Nov 11, 2021 9:23 PM

Dec 2016
tiritto said:
Mega_Mega said:
Is anyone else irritated that the first (and probably only) gay character in this show is a psycho killer? I really hate this trope. Maybe the show will get better with time, but I'm having serious doubts.

This might be shocking to you, but gay characters, just like all other character, can be evil.

It's not I think that gay people can't be villains, it's just annoying when the *only* gay character(s) in a show is/are just shallow, crazy, and evil. It's lazy writing shorthand used in order to make a character seem strange and other.

Who knows, maybe I'll be proved wrong in coming episodes and this character will get some actual development and act like a person instead of a stereotype, or maybe another better-written gay character will come along, but I'm having serious doubts about that happening.

It's incredibly disappointing to see this kind of lazy writing from the guy who made something as well-crafted as Death Note.
Nov 11, 2021 9:27 PM
Nov 2020
Damn, I've seen hentai that was crazier, but that first scene with the first girl was very disturbing...
Nov 11, 2021 9:30 PM

Jan 2021
RyuRabbit said:
dabdabgoose said:
You didn't answer my question, I didn't say mugging or a sceniaro you yourself was in, I said if that person broke into your house to kill you and you knew it(just like the MC knows Metropolitan man wants to kill him) and you had a Gun, they also have a gun as well.

To deny using the gun goes against Human instinct of self preservation thus unrelatable.

Hence your questions validity is silly your applying the mind of the average person to someone who is depressed.

I would use the gun but i wouldn't try to kill them granted using a gun you likely would.
Human instinct of self preservation does exist yeah but peoples beliefs impact that instinct and not every human has the same level of self preservation personally i have put myself into quite a few life threatening situations to help others back during my teenage years when dealing with bullying and pavement smashing at my highschool which sent many people to hospital, whilst many wouldn't so i can say my self preservation instinct isn't as strong as most peoples.

Your question assumes the MC has the same self preservation which well he is DEPRESSED people with depression generally have a lower level of self preseration or a lack of it so no shit the mc's beliefs will come first.

Hence why it makes sense, it's ok to dislike it but the writing of his character makes a ton of sense.

Also there is a reason why most people regret killing in self defence even if you end up doing it no one wants to kill someone to save others or themselves what makes us do it is our self preservation instinct.

If that is lowered or missing then you get people like me or at worst someone like the MC who can't even consider it because he lacks it.

IMO that doesn't make him a pussy but if you think it does that's fair we are all welcome to our opinions and you probably don't relate to the dude.
Your over thinking this trash story, for one explain how he is suicidal but at the same time in love with a girl to the point the Red Arrows are ineffective.

It's a massive hole in his character that makes no sense.
Nov 11, 2021 9:31 PM

Jul 2015
dabdabgoose said:
RyuRabbit said:

Your over thinking this trash story, for one explain how he is suicidal but at the same time in love with a girl to the point the Red Arrows are ineffective.

ah yes because a suicidal person can't be in love.

oh wait yes they can easily.
sucidal people can be in love very deeply........is that surprising?
Nov 11, 2021 9:46 PM

Jan 2021
RyuRabbit said:
dabdabgoose said:

When it's seperate and not because of it, it's hard to believe so yes.

Nov 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Jul 2015
dabdabgoose said:
RyuRabbit said:

??? have you ever been suicidal?

clearly not because you can love someone deeply yet want to die because you hate life and find it to be too cruel.

the only way that's hard to believe is if you are sheltered a lot of suicidal people feel love and care for others.
Nov 11, 2021 9:54 PM

Jan 2021
RyuRabbit said:
dabdabgoose said:

clearly not because you can love someone deeply yet want to die because you hate life and find it to be too cruel.

the only way that's hard to believe is if you are sheltered a lot of suicidal people feel love and care for others.
You ever been in love?

Like proper love that would feel like a battery fully charged in your body at all times, that is the confliction and that is what the show implies he was given how powerful a red arrow is.

If you can't see the obvious flaw then forget about it.

Being friendly and caring isn't at all what I'm talking about.
Nov 11, 2021 9:56 PM

Jul 2015
dabdabgoose said:
RyuRabbit said:

You ever been in love?

Like proper love that would feel like a battery fully charged in your body at all times, that is a the confliction and that is what the show implies he was given how powerful a red arrow is.

Yeah i have been in love i wanted to marry the person i loved and felt happy around them but i also wanted to kill myself they were the only reason i didn't because i was dating them and i didn't want to hurt them.

So uh.......yeah you can be in love and suicidal and wanting to die the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Depression and being suicidal is due to a chemical imbalance that chemical imbalance doesn't stop you from being able to love.

it's normal suicidal people still love others
Nov 11, 2021 10:04 PM

Jan 2021
RyuRabbit said:
dabdabgoose said:
You ever been in love?

Like proper love that would feel like a battery fully charged in your body at all times, that is a the confliction and that is what the show implies he was given how powerful a red arrow is.

Yeah i have been in love i wanted to marry the person i loved and felt happy around them but i also wanted to kill myself they were the only reason i didn't because i was dating them and i didn't want to hurt them.

So uh.......yeah you can be in love and suicidal and wanting to die the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Depression and being suicidal is due to a chemical imbalance that chemical imbalance doesn't stop you from being able to love.

I'm going to stop here, I don't know you or your story but if what your saying is true it's best to change the topic.

I'm still of the view this MC is broken from a writing standpoint but I guess you relate to him somewhat so who Am I to judge.
Nov 11, 2021 10:05 PM

Jul 2015
dabdabgoose said:
RyuRabbit said:

I'm going to stop here, I don't know you or your story but if what your saying is true it's best to change the topic.

I'm still of the view this MC is broken from a writing standpoint but I guess you relate to him somewhat so who Am I to judge.

fine with me and yeah that's fair i mean with this sort of thing these opinions will depend on ones experiences and views in life :P
Nov 11, 2021 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
pathetic mindset Kakehashi has! BOO!!!
Mukaido should at least the deserving to be MC role instead!
3/5.

Nov 11, 2021 10:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This borderline feels like a math lesson at times. He has 3 arrows, so if he gives her 2 arrows, he'll have one arrow left, not including his white arrows. Oh he also has wings

It would be preferable of course if Saki could survive through all this, but she needs to die to give Mirai here some motivation to fight. It doesn't have to be Saki, just make SOMETHING happen to get Mirai out of this depressed mindset. It feels like if metropoliman really was about to kill Saki, Mirai would probably just stand by and watch. And cry. I get him not wanting to murder people himself, but if I wasn't hallucinating, he wanted to save mimimi, the psycho serial killer girl. He was like "I hope metropoliman shows up so that Mukaido doesn't kill her! It's wrong to kill people!!!" Me: ...........

Mr. Mukaido meanwhile over here has turned into fat master chief. With armor that thick he probably survived that explosion, I hope. He better have survived because otherwise all we'd be left with is Mirai and this guy is probably not going to do anything

I keep forgetting that the op kinda slaps though. The ed slaps even harder

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 11, 2021 10:42 PM
Apr 2021
ah shit. mukaido is my favorite character
Nov 12, 2021 12:38 AM
Aug 2015
Just when a rational character that was interesting showed up it got blew up...oof.
I like the anime but..now we are back to depressed teenagers again.
Nov 12, 2021 1:31 AM
May 2021
Mc is a pussy but besides that the episode was pretty good
Nov 12, 2021 2:35 AM
Feb 2018
Tch, I am getting tired of this, this mc is literal downwner, thuii, if the mc continues to be this blunt, uninteresting till the end of the show I just need to drop this right now, I can't take this my life is so sad looker anymore, this mc guy is literally the lowest tier psychological, thriller side character who dies protecting the mc or some other side character, atleast there are MC's who act as lazy or as sad guy who actually show off their intelligence once in a while even if it's by not leaving any trace of them doing so, even right now I can think about million of ways to kill that dumb idiot third rate main villain, tch this is boring, I want to use some negative words but whatever.
Nov 12, 2021 2:36 AM
Feb 2018
My god, this mc can't be this unmotivated.
Nov 12, 2021 2:44 AM
Feb 2018
So I read other comments in here, and now I know I should 100% drop this...I am a huge P.A Works guy but what the heck is one their latest release, it's just so plain and boring I couldn't even stand it for 3-4 episode, thuis what has anime industry came to.
Nov 12, 2021 3:24 AM

Mar 2021
My mood for this show since episode 3 is like *facepalm* I haven't watched an anime since Devils Line where both main characters are this dumb.. I mean don't get me wrong, I like pure and too nice main characters but Mirai and Saki are just too cliche and stupid..

And I hope they didn't kill the only logical and good character on the show (I'm guessing his angel is going to save him..) Pls don't kill Mukaidou, him and Revel are literally the only good characters.

This anime is sometimes very childish and sometimes very adult oriented. Pacing is very good but the logic is very bad. I have very mixed feelings..

This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Nov 12, 2021 5:51 AM

Jan 2014
tubdragon said:
this anime really getting bad. Either MC become smart to find ways to end this without killing no one or start killing. He just doesn't want to do anything. Later, if they changed MC so that he will kill, all these starting episodes will be just meaningless.

Episodes are being wasted on whether to take some action against metropoliman or not.

All characters almost are equivalent to some Death note characters but not the least bit interesting.

Dropping it here. Maybe revisit if MC became a bit smart or motivated.

Yeah, it is getting quite stale... like it is all the same stuff again and again, but while I also quite hate MC and his personality (if you can call that a personality) I think that if they were to change MC or something along that way it would just be totally shit show... anyway what I think is gonna happen is that MC is gonna be shot by the red arrow or something and since he is unreal pacifist he will somehow resist the arrow kinda like the detective has resisted. But hey I totally get why you would drop it.
Nov 12, 2021 6:25 AM
Aug 2021
Didn't see that coming in the end. •́ ‿ ,•̀
Nov 12, 2021 6:50 AM

Jul 2019
A lot of time I don't mind those kind of MCs they can be endearing or you can understand them because they are young and in a difficult situation but even Mirai is too much for me. He needs to get a grip this is a life-or-death situation, people are getting killed or controlled you can't just be like "doing bad things is bad" while someone is actually trying to help. It's easy to say this in your girlfriend's room while watching the tv. I think victims and their families already know killing is bad maybe you can actually do something instead of just letting things happen. Mukaidou should have been the MC and now he's probably dead god damnit. x)
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 12, 2021 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
All I have to say is that the "plot" goes intricate, and Metropoliman is just a freak at this point. It's edgy for the same reasons as edgelord cases.

Just when I thought that Mukaido can lead both Mirai, Saki and their respective Angels out of this bandwagon to eliminate Metropoliman first before he wreaks any more havoc, he goes ham AT THE VERY LAST INSTANCE. The bigger sin is Mirai not accepting that in the sight of all this he decides to be the bullied than the bully, Mirai simply being a spineless pacifist just makes his character more irredeemable. It's kill or be killed.

Mukaido really thought things through from the influence of his Angel of Knowledge Baret, even going so far as to arm themselves to fight for justice against the other God candidates (but mainly Metropoliman for now) and their human influencers like the seria killer Girl A Mimimi "Misurin" Yamada courting death.

The frontal attack at the Grand Tower and donning suits that are able to protect the wearers from harm, Mukaido is making his candidacy worthwhile. Though how he got killed in action, sure didn't see that coming.
Nov 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Mar 2021
wa wa i don't want to kill people because i'm a whiny little pissbaby
-mirai
Nov 12, 2021 8:40 AM
Feb 2021
Although is not as nearly as good as death note, i still think this series is a decent one.I think the problem with this series it that the author try so hard just to make this a high iq anime like death note that is beacame very annoying (in my opinion) athough the cliffhanger was actually very good . Judeging from the manga score i suggest you guys not having high hope in this anime. Watch is normally so you guy wont get dissapoint or mad at the ending(sr for my bad english)
Nov 12, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 2019
Oh man Yandere girl yuri scene was kinda hot lol
So now we now the Yandere girl was control by Metropoliman.
I can definitely seeing Light Yagami in Metropoliman.

I can understand now why people hate the MC, he just too naive.
It's getting more annoying each episode ngl.

Bruhh they always did this kind of cliffhanger, there is no way Mukaido didn't survived.
Man literally wearing a Plot Armor lmao
Nov 12, 2021 8:52 AM
Oct 2019
Neaow said:
So I read other comments in here, and now I know I should 100% drop this...I am a huge P.A Works guy but what the heck is one their latest release, it's just so plain and boring I couldn't even stand it for 3-4 episode, thuis what has anime industry came to.

Understandable, have a nice day 👍
Nov 12, 2021 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
B2004x said:
Although is not as nearly as good as death note, i still think this series is a decent one.I think the problem with this series it that the author try so hard just to make this a high iq anime like death note that is beacame very annoying (in my opinion) athough the cliffhanger was actually very good . Judeging from the manga score i suggest you guys not having high hope in this anime. Watch is normally so you guy wont get dissapoint or mad at the ending(sr for my bad english)

Yeah for sure, I'm always set my expectations low.
Nov 12, 2021 10:12 AM
Apr 2021
That intro caught me hella off guard
Nov 12, 2021 10:21 AM
Jul 2015
Hahaha, this show is a complete train wreck. The main cast is sooooo ridiculously dumb (I don't have enough Os for this) ... and it gets worse each episode. Who the F thought it was a good idea to have people on the level of an average Teletubby attend a mindfuckish god-cadidate battle royal?!

I often see people compare this to Mirai Nikki. That comparison is fair as far as genre goes. But that's all. Mirai Nikki is Pulitzer material compared to this (which is not to say how great MN was, but how insanely bad PE is).
Nov 12, 2021 11:50 AM

May 2021
Great episode! That Yandere middle school girl who’s into yuri is pretty creepy. She named her shots with the red arrows as well xD.
We also got to finally see Mirai in his suit which looked pretty cool. Mukaido has been hit in an explosion. Hope he’s ok (well since o read the manga I already know lol)

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 12, 2021 12:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A middle school aged serial killer huh damm thats creepy. And even more so with the gear of the angels as well. Her taste for girls her age as well makes her even more despicable as well. Still the kind of hesitation that Mirei has really is severe. Borrowing from the SDF though is one hell of a escalation though. Still I don't think anyone would have suspected that Metro would use the whole building as a bomb to kill anyone that does show up though. Overall an interesting ep that managed to up the complexity of the series via the intro of the serial killer and combine that with Metro's own cunning to make the fight even more higher staked than before. It looks to me that Mirai would have to overcome his sense of hesitation before he can proceed along his chosen path.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2021 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Well, the intro certainly took me by surprise. The yuri make-out scene with the yandere girl, which went further with some BDSM, was very interesting, especially the fact that Metropoliman controls her and is using her to bait out the other god candidates.

Mukaido and his plan to counter Metropoliman did sound good and does make me like him as a character and the lengths he'll go to protect the people he loves. Mirai, on the other hand, lacks that likability so far and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

However, the cliffhanger at the end was pretty well done, so I do look forward to seeing if Mukaido survived that attack or not.
Nov 12, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2021
AHHH, I appreciate the fact that he's good hearted but he's got NO balls and his lack of mmmfh and soft hearted nature is driving me insane. Bro, if the girl you LOVE is going to DIE, you hesitate? If a dude that's going to become god and RUIN the entire world, do whatever he wants, murder and do all sorts of EVIL shit, you can't even kill that person THEN. This is like prime current generation kid, the only type of people that would act like this back in the day would be hyper religious people.

I understand not wanting to murder people, but you are not only in a kill or be killed situation (with a girl that you supposedly love, although he's such a beaten dog It's probably a childhood crush that carried over, he still has the mentality of a 10 year old. That guy even said it "Even a grade schooler would find that naive") but this dude is going to RUN the entire world, kill you, kill Saki, and god knows what else. There comes a time when you don't have the luxury to think like a 10 year old anymore. I seriously HATE Meteopoliman but the way he behaves sometimes almost makes me wish for a bad guy ending lol
Nov 12, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2021
Ashhk said:
The yandere middle schooler girl working for Metropoliman just wants her yuri sex moment before killing her victims... I'm starting to get pissed off by MC's personality to be honest, it would be way more interesting if he was thinking at least a bit like Mukaido... anyway it seems like their assault against the yuri girl was just a planned trap by Metropoliman with that explosion cliffhanger, I have no idea if they'll make him die now or not

THIS. Jesus man, I get under normal circumstances not wanting to kill, but this dude is a killer, and the girl is a SERIAL killer who both want to KILL YOU. He is the most Beta male weak willed character (to me, if other people like him cool, but I'd be surprised if anyone really likes his character) and I was REALLY hoping for him to start to come to terms with his situation and realize it's kill or be killed. But he's still holding on to this grade school mentality, you'd think since he's a Simp for Saki that he'd at least be okay with killing M-man if she was about to die, right?! Ugh 😩🤦🏼
Nov 12, 2021 12:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
DKDiabloLicht said:
Ashhk said:
The yandere middle schooler girl working for Metropoliman just wants her yuri sex moment before killing her victims... I'm starting to get pissed off by MC's personality to be honest, it would be way more interesting if he was thinking at least a bit like Mukaido... anyway it seems like their assault against the yuri girl was just a planned trap by Metropoliman with that explosion cliffhanger, I have no idea if they'll make him die now or not

THIS. Jesus man, I get under normal circumstances not wanting to kill, but this dude is a killer, and the girl is a SERIAL killer who both want to KILL YOU. He is the most Beta male weak willed character (to me, if other people like him cool, but I'd be surprised if anyone really likes his character) and I was REALLY hoping for him to start to come to terms with his situation and realize it's kill or be killed. But he's still holding on to this grade school mentality, you'd think since he's a Simp for Saki that he'd at least be okay with killing M-man if she was about to die, right?! Ugh 😩🤦🏼

Especially when you compared it to what they previously did with Light's personality and how it fitted the atmosphere, now you have something similar but with MC's personality being the exact contrary, it's just so frustrating
Nov 12, 2021 12:41 PM
Jul 2021
Ashhk said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Especially when you compared it to what they previously did with Light's personality and how it fitted the atmosphere, now you have something similar but with MC's personality being the exact contrary, it's just so frustrating

Lol I still haven't started Death Note(definitely Great??), I will soon. I'm sure people will defend this character and I love heroic characters but I need characters who have some balls, strength (physically and mentally) and who get shit done.

Hopefully (🙏🤞) after what happened in this episode he wakes up. Because if he keeps this weak mindset and unwillingness to do what needs to be done(outside of some magnificent out of left field writing) he's going to get smoked. And before he gets smoked, Saki is going to get smoked right in front of him. At least that's how I'd see it if this guy stays the same for the next 6 episodes realistically.
Nov 12, 2021 12:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
DKDiabloLicht said:
Ashhk said:

Lol I still haven't started Death Note(definitely Great??), I will soon. I'm sure people will defend this character and I love heroic characters but I need characters who have some balls, strength (physically and mentally) and who get shit done.

Hopefully (🙏🤞) after what happened in this episode he wakes up. Because if he keeps this weak mindset and unwillingness to do what needs to be done(outside of some magnificent out of left field writing) he's going to get smoked. And before he gets smoked, Saki is going to get smoked right in front of him. At least that's how I'd see it if this guy stays the same for the next 6 episodes realistically.

I didn't read the manga so I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets trapped and manipulated by someone else soon, like Saki betraying him to survive etc, that's how his weak behavior we'll turn against him I think
Nov 12, 2021 1:52 PM
Jul 2021
In this episode, Mirai talks like a real idiot. I realized that I should not hope for him. He will definitely goof and his friends will die because he is stupid.
Nov 12, 2021 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
will the mc ever grow a pair? my own way of thinking is irrelevant, when even the show calls out how bitchmade he is.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Nov 12, 2021 2:09 PM
Jul 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
AHHH, I appreciate the fact that he's good hearted but he's got NO balls and his lack of mmmfh and soft hearted nature is driving me insane. Bro, if the girl you LOVE is going to DIE, you hesitate? If a dude that's going to become god and RUIN the entire world, do whatever he wants, murder and do all sorts of EVIL shit, you can't even kill that person THEN. This is like prime current generation kid, the only type of people that would act like this back in the day would be hyper religious people.

I understand not wanting to murder people, but you are not only in a kill or be killed situation (with a girl that you supposedly love, although he's such a beaten dog It's probably a childhood crush that carried over, he still has the mentality of a 10 year old. That guy even said it "Even a grade schooler would find that naive") but this dude is going to RUN the entire world, kill you, kill Saki, and god knows what else. There comes a time when you don't have the luxury to think like a 10 year old anymore. I seriously HATE Meteopoliman but the way he behaves sometimes almost makes me wish for a bad guy ending lol
I thought nobody could not be more compassionate than Tanjiro, but Mirai is a hundred times worse than Tanjiro. Tanjiro does his job at least when he is forced to, but Mirai is unlikely to be able to help himself or his friends.
Nov 12, 2021 2:11 PM
Jul 2021
dani8013 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

I thought nobody could not be more compassionate than Tanjiro, but Mirai is a hundred times worse than Tanjiro. Tanjiro does his job at least when he is forced to, but Mirai is unlikely to be able to help himself or his friends.

Yeah Tanjiro has a HUGE heart but he's willing to fight for what he believes in and protect the people he cares about. And is willing to kill when he has to, to protect the innocent even if he has sympathy for the Demons. Side note man I am enjoying the extra 2-3 minutes or less of DS but I CAN'T wait to see the Entertainment District Arc!?
Nov 12, 2021 2:24 PM
Jun 2021
So ... that's now three weeks in a row where the MC has sat around reacting to things that more interesting characters are doing. Not sure I'm going to make it to the end of this one.
Nov 12, 2021 3:24 PM
Jan 2018
The MC is a pacifist transplant from a mecha anime. In mecha anime, those characters can still pull impossible wins anyway, without killing anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if this story tries the same thing.

That being said, I HATE pacifist characters. So so much. But I guess its kind of a positive thing. Because I had nothing but strong dislike for Mirai. If he keeps going this way, we can start feeling something for the MC. Just like how all of us hated Yuki for most of Future Diary.

Most battle royale anime are below average. That's just how things go. I actually love Mirrai Nikki with the OVA ending. Unironically. It's always entertaining in the best way. This show, like most other battle royale anime, is not. And I don't expect it to be. It will never be better than a 6. And that is me being generous.

I don't understand how a fashion designer can just get guns and ammo from the military. Especially in Japan, a country that hates guns with a passion. But more to the point, why expect a bunch of moist high schoolers to take these guns and kill people? The moist boy wouldn't even steal food to keep himself alive. And the girl has some kind of dumb secret that makes her make stupid choices. The story gives us no indication that these moist ass kids have what it takes to kill a person. Which is a tough thing to do for trained military personnel and police officers. IE, literally any one in any profession where killing someone could be standard part of the job.

If shonen is obsessed with making BL a major part of almost every big story, I don't see the issue with yuri being on the other side. Also, Japanese story writers are often the worst, most backwards people. If you have seen at least 30 anime, you would have already known this. Why would you apply Western(american) standards to a Japanese product? Like Persona 5's gay duo, Japanese stories have dumb humor. That is usually offensive. If that's not your thing, maybe stop watching anime. Because these backwards ass story creators are immune to canceling. And their sense of humor is different. (And usually poor.) Anime isn't for casuals. Either you accept the flaws that come with watching anime, or you find a new hobby.

Those suits are stupid Japanese humor. They suck. Just like the super sentai costumes these other people are wearing. They aren't cool and they don't make the story better. Making one guy a fashion designer doesn't mean Mirai needs to dress like a video game character.
Nov 12, 2021 3:26 PM
May 2020
6 episodes in and honestly this anime is underwhelming. The stadium part got me so hyped but everything else feels lackluster. So far none of the characters are interesting besides the main villain and the angels. Maybe my expectations were too high since this is the same author as Death Note. I’ll give it one more episode and then I’ll either drop it or put it on hold.
Nov 12, 2021 4:41 PM

Sep 2018
Nice to know I'm missing absolutely fuck all having dropped this steaming turd.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.