Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2010 6:14 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That is one strong stump, not easy to remove it with just man power. But as they said, a horse would be quite useful in that situation :D But other than that, nothing much really happen in this chapter.
Apr 2, 2010 7:19 AM

Aug 2007
yea, it's bad enough these chapters don't come out fast enough ugh lol. i wish thorfinn would get out of his rut already.
Apr 2, 2010 7:23 AM

Apr 2008
GOD! This is a monthly series and still only twenty pages and the original poster was able to perfectly summarize everything that happened in no more than two sentences. This was really disappointing. I don't want this any more. Wasn't this supposed to be a manga about epic viking wars instead of LOL FARMING!? rant/
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 2, 2010 8:18 AM
Nov 2008
Horses are important, guys/girls.
Good chapter, as usual.

Apr 2, 2010 8:22 AM

Dec 2007
Only 20 pages? Are you kidding me? Damn, I need more.
Apr 2, 2010 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad chapter but nothing happened in it either, the worst part can be that we'll have to wait another 30 days for the new one :(
Apr 2, 2010 12:23 PM

Nov 2009
get on my horse my horse is amazing, Give it a lick
Apr 2, 2010 1:27 PM

Jul 2007
Wow..terrible fucking chapter

This pacing is ridiculous
Apr 2, 2010 5:00 PM

Nov 2007
Ha ha I would never imagine when I started this series the main focus for a chapter would be getting a horse, not for battle or escape but to help cultivate the land @_@ this is going in a weird direction.
Apr 2, 2010 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
you know i think this manga would be way more enjoyable if read all in one go - aka put it on hold, and wait until its finished, or another 50 odd chapters are out or something. I THINK I MIGHT DO THAT. GLAD YOU LISTENED
Apr 2, 2010 8:04 PM

Sep 2008
BigSimo said:
you know i think this manga would be way more enjoyable if read all in one go - aka put it on hold, and wait until its finished, or another 50 odd chapters are out or something. I THINK I MIGHT DO THAT. GLAD YOU LISTENED

But then you'd have to stop reading it, though I agree with you in theory... The thing I noticed the most in this chapter was their teeth. WHY DO THEY HAVE PERFECT TEETH!? Shouldn't they be missing a few or at least be crooked?

Source: http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/63/04/
Apr 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
Juskarath said:
BigSimo said:

But then you'd have to stop reading it, though I agree with you in theory... The thing I noticed the most in this chapter was their teeth. WHY DO THEY HAVE PERFECT TEETH!? Shouldn't they be missing a few or at least be crooked?

Source: http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/63/04/

yeah i know it will be difficult to stop reading it, but i mean there's always other manga i can read, or anime i can watch. i'll try..
i imagine it's easier for the artist to draw perfect teeth than worry about missing teeth and such in every frame. Plus anime/manga characters always have to look perfect, otherwise they won't be loved by fans - its like tv shows and mainstream movies and such.
Apr 3, 2010 10:56 AM

Jan 2009
I think that was rather good =)
Now we get to see what happened to Thorfin during those two years. I really enjoy those simple chapters that don't have too much of an action in them, it's relaxing. And the old guy seems like someone really important, because ending the chapter without really telling us who he is - interesting.
Apr 3, 2010 2:21 PM
Oct 2009
i freakin' love farmland saga
Apr 3, 2010 2:51 PM
Apr 3, 2010 2:59 PM

Feb 2010
5/5, Loved it. I'm a huge fan of Harvest Moon so I really like the direction this manga is going. I think when they get their freedom they should purchase a bigger farm and a seed mixer. Those are immensely profitable from what I remember in the Nintendo 64 Harvest Moon.

"My posts are inevitably satisfying and will leave you even more inevitably satisfied."
Apr 3, 2010 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
Harvest Moon sux.
Apr 4, 2010 1:54 AM

Oct 2008
drewthedeuce said:
5/5, Loved it. I'm a huge fan of Harvest Moon so I really like the direction this manga is going. I think when they get their freedom they should purchase a bigger farm and a seed mixer. Those are immensely profitable from what I remember in the Nintendo 64 Harvest Moon.
lmao
Apr 6, 2010 12:09 AM

Sep 2008
yea its more like a marathon sorta thing, this manga...
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 12, 2010 7:03 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not the one to complain, but the pacing is a little ridiculous. A chapter about needing a horse doesn't help, after a month of wait.
Apr 12, 2010 12:53 PM

Sep 2008
sunshinesan said:
I'm not the one to complain, but the pacing is a little ridiculous. A chapter about needing a horse doesn't help, after a month of wait.

I think its not the pace but the length of each chapter that's the problem here. It wouldve been better if it had like 50 pages or if the manga was released weekly
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 12, 2010 1:27 PM
Nov 2008
Should remember that the author is only a human too when wondering why the chapters are so short. Is it just me or is there generally a lot of complaining about waiting and chapter lenghts in manga discussions.
And chapters like these are only expected at this point and forward so he can build the story to lead to somewhere. If Thorrfin suddenly just woke up one day and killed his way out of the farm it would be just silly.

Apr 12, 2010 1:48 PM

Mar 2009
It was okay. I still adore the artwork. But Thorfinn should just shave and get a haircut already.
Apr 13, 2010 12:53 AM

Sep 2008
ShiroiNoKiwi said:
Should remember that the author is only a human too when wondering why the chapters are so short. Is it just me or is there generally a lot of complaining about waiting and chapter lenghts in manga discussions.
And chapters like these are only expected at this point and forward so he can build the story to lead to somewhere. If Thorrfin suddenly just woke up one day and killed his way out of the farm it would be just silly.

I'm completely satisfied with the manga and the pace. I was referring to people who think the story is dragging and the pace has slowed down. I dont agree with that. I think it only seems that way because 1. serialization limit. Its monthly and yet shorter than some other monthly manga's, and I was assuming thats because the author's having problem with length due to serialization restrictions, and 2. like you pointed out, its authors way of building up on the story- I've read Planetes and I know this is part of his style (and I love it). But then I again I get what you mean. The author switched from weekly serialization to monthly back in the beginning because he found it difficult to keep up with the weekly schedule.
But I also think those are the reasons people are left complaining and wanting for more after each chapter. The one's 'complaining' are either the action junkies who loved the first arc for its fast paced action and political intrigue, but cant connect to the drama/character development of the second arc, OR the one's who just cant get enough of the series.
I personally have no problem with it, but it would've been awesome all the same if the chapters were longer, like it used to be
eyerokApr 13, 2010 1:15 AM
Apr 15, 2010 10:46 AM

Feb 2010
I don't mind the short chapters, but I feel like a Viking manga should have more of what Vikings do.

Like raping and pillaging Yurop (in this case England).

I am loving the Canute chapters though since I always liked the character. I'm ok with these chapters so long as we get more of that.

One problem I feel with the manga currently is that there isn't really an identifiable antagonist. It's possible that they might be setting up Canute to be the antagonist, but I feel like the story benefited more from the constant struggle between Thorfinn and Askeladd.
drewthedeuceApr 15, 2010 10:56 AM

"My posts are inevitably satisfying and will leave you even more inevitably satisfied."
Apr 16, 2010 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
It's becoming quite ridiculous the emo-farmside of Thorfinn, he will obviously get over it soon (Askeladd's death) but at this rate it will be in two hundred fucking years. More Canute episodes please, I foresee a Canute-Thorfinn struggle in the future.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 16, 2010 11:51 PM

Sep 2008
actually I like the whole slave stuff...has a lot of emotional depth to it. And we're seeing Thorfinn's development pretty well this way. I mean...Its really stupid to expect him to grow out of those events in the prologue overnight.
Apr 17, 2010 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
It looks like this whole "slave thing" is like an introduction to a brand new Thorthin....probably he will be cold minded during the fights now. No more bloodrush to the head.....unless someone kills the rest of his family.

Offtopic: check up my Vinland Saga MMV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lXPS84qajc
________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lXPS84qajc --> my Vinland Saga MMV
Apr 17, 2010 12:23 PM

Sep 2009
I'm happy with how the manga is too but I just caught up today.
Apr 30, 2010 4:50 PM

Sep 2008
Hobbzz said:

Welcome to the waiting party.
May 1, 2010 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
sunshinesan said:
Hobbzz said:

Welcome to the waiting party.

LOL
Feb 5, 2013 8:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Slice of life Viking style?
It must have been tough to the people waiting a month to read such a chapter. Pretty slow stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2013 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
BigSimo said:

Finally a person with brains. I am currently marathon it and i can't see what the other complain about. Their frustration isn't from the manga becoming bad or anything but because they get few pages every month so they want every story telling element to disappear because they can't wait.
PUT IT ON HOLD ALREADY!!! The manga isn't bad the lack of material is.
Jan 18, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2014
It was okay.
Feb 16, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
This current stuff feels really slow. I can't imagine the pain for people who were waiting for these chapters.
Jul 22, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2014
What are people smoking? This stuff is pretty good
Feb 7, 2020 5:20 AM

Jun 2015
Haha, the random cursing from Einar at the stump.
Who could that horse lender be.
Dec 14, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2021
Remus_Lupa said:
GOD! This is a monthly series and still only twenty pages and the original poster was able to perfectly summarize everything that happened in no more than two sentences. This was really disappointing. I don't want this any more. Wasn't this supposed to be a manga about epic viking wars instead of LOL FARMING!? rant/

Obligatory you have Vinland Saga in favorites

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 210 Discussion

RodIshiCi - Apr 27

20 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Yesterday, 2:20 PM

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.