Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2021 4:56 PM
Jul 2019
Death games are getting popular these days
Oct 7, 2021 5:02 PM

May 2021
This was weirdly funny lmao, especially the whole part after he shot the aunt with the arrow. Need the comedy tag asap
Oct 7, 2021 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
Frankly, I've been waiting for this (manga reader here). Mainly, because of the cast and the god-like ending song. I love Miyu's and Maaya's voice acting. And Ogura Yui does an equally great job voicing Nasse.
Oct 7, 2021 5:29 PM

Jan 2019
I saw a lot of people talking shit about this manga, about being Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Ohbata "weakest work", and it could be if compared to Death Note or Bakuman, all I know is, I loved this first episode.
Don't know how many chapters it adapted, but didn't really felt rushed to me, I feel like this could be a great series and adaptation.
Oct 7, 2021 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
I confess that I expected more about this anime, but it actually woke up some things about angels it's about the death of the protagonist's country that was tense is dark because the criminal was always in his eyes so he kind of got revenge right there with the power he had received from the angel.
Oct 7, 2021 5:42 PM

Jul 2020
sarutobi masochist mode [on]
Oct 7, 2021 6:30 PM
Oct 2019
Hey, now i have depresion. Dang Mirai really had a tough chilhood, on top of that now he learns the truth behind the death of his family. The scene were he was flying over the ocean was beautiful and wholesome. I think this show has a lot of potential.
Oct 7, 2021 7:06 PM
Dec 2015
The stage is set, this looks really promising! I would prefer less cgi, but it can't be helped these days
Oct 7, 2021 7:12 PM

Sep 2008
So I've read all but the last manga cause it's not out here, even own it all. The story was definitely not as good as death note. Yet the art is why I stayed. The anime so far didn't keep the amazing art especially the eyes, I'm pretty bummed so far.
Oct 7, 2021 7:23 PM
Jul 2019
Does this get better?
Oct 7, 2021 7:25 PM
Jul 2019
ZXEAN said:
People should stop comparing this with Death Note and enjoy as it is....

Actually I just think its me comparing it that's making me not enjoy it for what its worth
Oct 7, 2021 7:49 PM

Mar 2021
Heard this will turn out to be a flop but looks promising so far. Since this is often compared to Mirai Nikki and I can see why now, I wonder which one I'll end up liking more.

Already liked how they've dived in to themes such as human nature.
Oct 7, 2021 7:50 PM

Aug 2018
It is very good.
I liked the first chapter, it's interesting. And the opening is very good
Oct 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Jun 2019
Shockingly, this is the first episode of a true death-game anime that I’ve watched. I’ve sot somewhat mixed feelings about it so far. It isn’t good, but it isn’t that bad either.

The art and animation are clearly subpar, however, they get the job done without taking away from the experience too much. The constant fake deep “happiness” garbage is quite annoying given how seriously it is played. Edge is a staple of the genre so I won’t rail on it too much, but t could at least be done better. The power system seems like it has enough potential and I like that the “angel’s” corrupted morality is played completely normal.

Also, MC wants ordinary happiness, but when he needs money he doesn’t try to get a job? The editing at the end got a little wack and the power ranger suits look dumb as hell. We’ll see how long this anime keeps me watching.
Oct 7, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2020
NGL, it was an intense first episode. At some point, I felt like it was all resolved, but now it's a god selection competition sort of thing. I don't know, I don't hate it, but I don't like it either.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 7, 2021 8:34 PM

Apr 2008
I actually like death games, but I think this had more potential as the edgiest possible version of Ah My Goddess than a battle royale.
Oct 7, 2021 8:48 PM
Mar 2015
The road to godhood is littered with dead bodies
Oct 7, 2021 8:52 PM
Apr 2020
This is pretty interesting and quite shocking. Angels whose main goal is makinhg their human god candidate happy by any means?! Good or bad doesn't matter as long as they're happy?! Bestowing that power to evil-minded people will surely be chaotic. But, to be able to become god, they should compete with other candidates, which probably means through killing every god candidate. Bloodbath!!!

Oct 7, 2021 8:54 PM
Sep 2014
I understand that it's coming from the creators of DN but why does it revolve around death/angels powers and a MC that looks like light ? Please tell me we're not going to get a rival that acts like L and a girlfriend that will be added to the race for following him.
The concept is not new, it's a battle royal with a "i want to make you happy" part.
I likes this first episode and I'm probably going to read the manga or at least some chapters to see where this hype is going to take me.

For a 1st episode, overall it was great like a solid 7. The music was good but the colors too bright. The lighting was a bit off some times with bright colors again that it felt like it's not the correct atmosphere.
I legit expected the MC to HAHA like Light and I'm happy he didn't do it.
The psychological aspect of it was good too, I'll try to focus more on that part and less on the race I guess.
Oct 7, 2021 9:07 PM

Dec 2020
oo its here !! an adaptation that a LOT of people have been waiting and hyping it up for. and tbh, quite a deserve

story is fairly easy to grasp but still some .. "wtf" moments get me like the .. god candidates and this angel person who's just suggesting a kid to kill a family for money😇😇
Oct 7, 2021 9:08 PM
Jul 2019
Well, an ok premiere imo, interested to see the progress from here
Oct 7, 2021 9:16 PM

Jul 2011
Mirai Nikki but with powers other than see the future.

Nasse is kinda merciful, not saying to Mirai " You can make your uncle kill his own kids". Just saying.

I hope this one don't get too crazy.
Oct 7, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2019
I'll confess I was underwhelmed, but it seemed like they simply used an interesting start to justify creating a super powered protagonist for no real reason. Maybe I'll binge it when the series ends. Maybe.
Oct 7, 2021 9:36 PM

Sep 2020
My most anticipated anime of this season have arrived and the first episode didn't disappoint me at all.
Oct 7, 2021 9:37 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
Definitely liking Nesse and the idea of the angels the most so far. It's cool to see an angel, something that's generally depicted as being benevolent, suggesting for the MC to kill a family and their children lmao
Oct 7, 2021 9:46 PM
Jun 2013
Pretty solid 1st episode, production quality was obvious from the start that wouldn't be much thing but it was competent and delivered in the big moments, the adaptation was very loyal to the manga so nothing to complain about that.
Oct 7, 2021 10:27 PM
Apr 2020
GingZ said:
This can be my anime of the year ngl. Idc about the manga, I like the concept and I already liked it since the 1st ep, can't wait for the rest of the episodes
it went downhill after he meet the power ranger guy.
Oct 7, 2021 10:28 PM
Apr 2020
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Does this get better?
it get even worse 💀
Oct 7, 2021 10:29 PM
Apr 2020
neffst3r said:
I saw a lot of people talking shit about this manga, about being Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Ohbata "weakest work", and it could be if compared to Death Note or Bakuman, all I know is, I loved this first episode.
Don't know how many chapters it adapted, but didn't really felt rushed to me, I feel like this could be a great series and adaptation.
all chapters I guess
Oct 7, 2021 10:52 PM
Jun 2020
Phyc0ticK1ller said:
bastek66 said:
For those who don't believe that manga is garbage just look at how manga sales declined

God damn... is the manga really that bad?

It's not THAT bad tbh but there was a point I too felt a bit bored but it's a good story nonetheless. It's not as great as death note was but it still has some pretty good plot twists and arcs. If death note was a 9/10 then this was like a 7.5-8/10 for me. It might be different for you though.

Since they covered the first 2 chapters in first ep, there's a possibility that they wi cover up the whole story in 1 go since there're only 58 chaps to adapt.
Oct 7, 2021 11:10 PM

May 2021
I just love how the angel states "don't worry about wings, they won't snag on anything" and the very next scene MC is flying and touching the surface of the ocean with wings creating waves. If you come up with your own rules and then break them it's incredibly short-sighted and annoying. Other than that good first episode.
Oct 7, 2021 11:11 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, does he get any better? I get that he's depressed but he's REALLY stupid and REALLY annoying so far, reminds me of the worst of Subaru from Re:Zero. Like BRO there is a F#$#$$ Angel RIGHT in front of your damn eyes, flying you around, and you doubt it? And you think its a 'Supernatural Scam"? How stupid can you be. The plot is interesting but I'm really hoping the MC isn't going to bug me
DKDiabloLichtOct 7, 2021 11:17 PM
Oct 7, 2021 11:21 PM
Feb 2021
Very emotional and amazing 1st eps, one of the masterpieces in this season
Oct 7, 2021 11:39 PM
Jul 2019
11_BlueSky said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Does this get better?
it get even worse 💀

Damn, thats tough
Oct 7, 2021 11:43 PM
May 2018
So that's why I feel like Mirai look like light yagami. Because it is from the same author lol
Oct 7, 2021 11:55 PM
Apr 2021
RaaaFii said:
Why does the main character feels kinda bland? I hope he gets better in the future or else this anime is destined to fail since it's riding on death note's name
it's because he's got no personality or motivations. He's totally reactionary, being led around by his "angel"
Oct 8, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2019
this anime has mouth flaps pog
【LESSSS GOOOOOO】

- Convertible car
Oct 8, 2021 12:34 AM
Dec 2008
Lol the angel is just casually telling him to steal, make random people fall in love with him and even kill people! Totally the opposite of what I thought she would be like. I think there should be lots of great comedy potential if she stays like that. I'm glad he seems to have good morals. I'm assuming some of the other candidates won't be nearly as good-hearted. It will be interesting to see if he ends up being corrupted and starts abusing his powers.
Oct 8, 2021 1:20 AM

Jun 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Ugh, does he get any better? I get that he's depressed but he's REALLY stupid and REALLY annoying so far, reminds me of the worst of Subaru from Re:Zero. Like BRO there is a F#$#$$ Angel RIGHT in front of your damn eyes, flying you around, and you doubt it? And you think its a 'Supernatural Scam"? How stupid can you be. The plot is interesting but I'm really hoping the MC isn't going to bug me
bruh Subaru is better than all of your favorite characters LUL sorry kiddo
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵.
Oct 8, 2021 1:33 AM
Jul 2021
dUmBisEveRywHeRe said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
bruh Subaru is better than all of your favorite characters LUL sorry kiddo

Lul? What are you 10 years old? I never said I didn't like Subaru but he was REALLY fucking stupid and annoying in a few parts of the anime, and at his worst he sucks(especially at the Royal Selection) and And if not figuring out you are repeating after dying three times and starting in the EXACT same place, STANDING up, and talking to someone, with the same items you lost in previous deaths makes him "better than" anyone in your opinion, have at it. But I could think of 10 that are much more likeable to me, just because he was good at the end of the seasons doesn't make him a better character anyway.
Oct 8, 2021 1:34 AM

Oct 2016
Not quite sold yet, but that was not bad. Sound design is eargasmic though and the OP slaps.

Mirai has had a pretty fucked up life, dude just wanted to die and then he got roped into a battle royale where he might die lmao. At least he has a chance to become God or he just dies anyway, but with a bang. Why do they want suicidal people to become God though, is that really a good idea? Well I guess they'd want to make a better world. I hope Mirai at least stays a good person and not go full Light Yagami on our asses.
Oct 8, 2021 1:56 AM
Jul 2019
Well ok first episode
Oct 8, 2021 2:04 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty good first episode, I can still remember the first chapters of the manga.
Anyways, manga readers should just shut the f up. Let people watch this show.
Oct 8, 2021 2:25 AM

Jan 2014
Weeeeeelllllll. That was um. Well then.

Honestly that angel really gives me bad vibes, with how easy she;s suggesting the idea of murder and such.
Oct 8, 2021 2:52 AM

Jan 2019
Seems like a lot of people are enjoying this first episode so I'll give it a watch later today. I'm not expecting much from this studio given the CGI in the trailer but I'm interested in hearing the ost, when the teaser first came out in December I loved the audio/music direction.
Xenocrisi said:
Anyways, manga readers should just shut the f up. Let people watch this show.
I mean, nobody is telling them not to watch, they're just giving fair warning on what's to come. There's a reason why the manga sales tanked and why nobody spoke of this series in the past 5 years.
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Oct 8, 2021 2:58 AM

Mar 2019
It was alright.

I'm bummed because the visuals are very unimpressive for the most part and don't do a halfway decent job of capturing the beauty of Ohbata's art. At least the Deathnote adaptation had style. The high point in this first episode was the flying scene. That was kinda pretty.

I'm also a somewhat pessimistic about the pacing. I figured that 24 episodes for 58 chapters shouldn't be much of a problem but I just remembered (as I've been going through the manga for the first time currently) that many of the chapters are 70 page monstrosities. It's going to hurt this. I felt that the emotional impact of the scenes in this episode weren't given time to develop. Also, the acting wasn't particularly good outside of Nasse.
Oct 8, 2021 4:01 AM

Nov 2020
well that wasnt a bad start, that angel is sus
heard that the manga was bad so ig I'll keep watching this to see how it'll turn out

Oct 8, 2021 4:18 AM
Dec 2019
I haven't read the manga but the main plotline looks pretty interesting tbh.
Oct 8, 2021 4:18 AM
Feb 2021
only 1 episode aired and people give low rating to this anime based of animation , or story
i don't know what is story to this people that give low rating like that but pretty sure

those people are same people that give an iseki anime or school anime that all of them have the same story and plot you don't need to watch till the end you now what will happen , or their are anime that have high rating without have any plot , but good animation ,

this anime community rating have most ridicules rating anime , most members are young teenage that like iseki or school anime , so i don't really care about rating specially in this site
Oct 8, 2021 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
I'm too moral to steal money!
* lives rent free at a hotel using mind control *
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.