Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2021 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode actually turned quite intense with the bond between Yamato and his partner, Gabumon.

That Digievolution was possible as their bond became stronger than ever this episode. Quite impressive imo.
Feb 27, 2021 7:13 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So what did we learn from this episode? If you know Japanese history, the first 20 decimals of pi and some of the elements of the periodic table, you can basically break through a cult's curse. Good to know.

Anyway, this episode was ok. At least it wasn't focused around Taichi (again but not consecutively), though he did have a pointless scene with some really bad animation as there was in some other parts for some reason. I can't be bothered to check if the drop has been consistent throughout the last episode or this was the point where it was notorious.

In any case, at least Joe got his clothes back after who knows how long.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 27, 2021 9:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Was definitely expecting Metal Garurumon lol

i love it still but...

seriously... what the hell is even going on anymore lol?
Feb 27, 2021 9:27 PM
Sep 2015
Gabumon is a tsundere melter.
Feb 27, 2021 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
wtf there is no mega evolution for Garurumon still
Feb 27, 2021 11:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode for Yamato, especially for the information between him and his brother and how good he was at the end... potatoes next, wut? xD
Feb 27, 2021 11:58 PM

Jul 2017
BlazBlue friendship between Yamato and Joe? Not in the slightest.

The "linking of hands" friendship between Yamato and Gabumon is easily the low point of the episode. I kinda don't like it when the plot has to drag out from start to finish, but it's nice seeing the little snippets of their partnership.

About the Mephismon and the other Digimon, that gave the impression of Millenniummon's cult-like following. Thank God for Joe and Gomamon, other than leading the charge and showing off what may be the best and coolest version of Joe from the entire franchise.

Another OK episode I'd feel, coming off from the high heels of Mimi's episode last week. Honestly though, Joe and Gomamon should have their own personalized episode, that's not asking for too much isn't it?
Feb 28, 2021 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
They really are holding back on the non-Greymon Mega huh. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Agumon got his third before the other kids got their first.

The fight felt pointless in the end. Only the Yamato backstory mattered, and they could show that as a standalone scene.

Oh and Joe finally got out of bath after like 10 episodes. Good for him lol.
Feb 28, 2021 2:31 AM

Feb 2013
How the writing for this episode went:

Assistant: "So guys how about we have Yamato fight Mephistomon and then make it so, that in the end we have Gulfmon vs Metalgarurumon?"
Director: "Nice idea. BUT! What if we have Joe spout random nonsense instead, have Mephistomon do literally nothing, as he looks cool enough already, no? Isn't that lit af?"
Aisstant: "But the fans kinda deserve a second mega at this point, don't..."
Director: "Haha. Weregarurumon goes BRRRRRRRRRR!"
Assistant: "..."
Director: "Also have the rest of the gang randomly appear at the end and make a joke out of Yamatos and Takerus past. Kids just love this."

I like this remake and usually I don't complain but this episode was such an amazing piece of horseshit that I want whoever was responsible for this trainwreck fired.
Feb 28, 2021 8:00 AM

Aug 2017
Eh... it is hard for me to dislike this episode, since it still a franchise that I love, but the content of the episode seemed a bit... meh, to me. I mean, Joe and Gomamon came pretty much from nowhere (literally they fell of the sky, wtf?) and while the slideshow of how Gabumon got captured wasn't that bad, I could have benefited from a few more frames per second.

As others were pointing out, I too was expecting MetalGarurumon in this episode, but alas, it didn't happen.

Also, it seems that the next episode is going to be a little bit light on plot, like last week's episode.

Stark700 said:
Damn, this episode actually turned quite intense with the bond between Yamato and his partner, Gabumon.

There is a video on YouTube explaingn why killing off characters is actually very hard. I felt no tension with Gabumon captured, since it was obvious that he would be rescued. I mean, damn, the Children are immune to damage, would the writers kill off their Partners? In the OG Angemon sacrified himself and got reincarnated later, while in 02 Blackwargreymon actually ceased to exist. Those where tense episodes.
ZenielDanakuFeb 28, 2021 8:10 AM
Feb 28, 2021 8:59 AM

Feb 2015
This was basically that episode from the original, where Sora & Jyou where captured and supposed to be eaten by Bakemon until Jyou saved the day with a psalm and their Digimon killed Bakemon - just way worse lmao. Definitely a downgrade after last week, but not as bad as many of the other episodes before.

Mephismon is a very fitting cult leader (there aren't many more satanic looking Digimon) and a very eerie villain - too bad he didn't really put up a fight. In terms of this reboot, the episode was alright. The idea (while copied from the og) was good, the execution really lackluster.

I'm just glad Taichi wasn't in this episode for the most part. I hope he and Agumon won't steal the spotlight from now on, but I think we all know that he most likely will do exactly that.

Seems like the next episode will be focusing on Jyou.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 28, 2021 9:01 AM

Oct 2019
It's good to know Digimon is still able to provide some good nightmare fuel.
It was nice to see Yamato as the main focus, when he said to Gabumon that he helped too I felt warm inside. But I was expecting Metalgarurumon to show up, It was a little underwhelming :P
Feb 28, 2021 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
It's crazy just how many of these villains of the week are such non-characters. Tbh most of the protagonists and side characters are the same as well. Almost none of them come off as genuine characters to me. Just lifeless pieces going through the motions. This reboot is completely devoid of heart and charm. It sucks.
Feb 28, 2021 9:42 AM

Dec 2013
You know things are bad when it is a breath of fresh air to have Yamato be the hero for a change instead of Taichi, but lol, even then they said fuck it, only Agumon can get mega evolution(s).

So this was meat to be the parallel to when Jou had to perform an exorcism ritual to get rid of the Bakemon except his bit here fell completely flat and made no sense at all.

Another episode, another villain of the week who didn't even get to have lines and instead just sounds.
Feb 28, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 2020
So it really is the Taichi show, Yamato centered episode and no Mega while Taichi has two..
Mar 1, 2021 8:07 AM
Oct 2019
Wow.. finally we moving on from Agumon Taichi Show..
Thanks God...

Okay Episode, backstory between Gabumon and Yamato was cool...
I feel like they should at least make it two part of Episode to Building up the threat, and make the pay off more satisfying...

Alright moving on
Mar 3, 2021 8:18 AM

Oct 2017
Backstory of when Yamato met Tsunomon and it evolved into Gabumon, that was sweet. The last battle was cool and nice finally the whole gang's together again.
Mar 7, 2021 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
Oh so we are crucifying digimon now....that will go over well in America.
Mar 22, 2021 5:34 PM

May 2008
Wow this was worse than I thought. I thought I'd learn something about Yamato's origins, but no I learned jack shit.

Oh wow, you're telling me that Yamato got sent to the Digital World and met Tsunomon? And that they protected each other? Wooooow, I'd never guessed! /s Even the whole spiel about "being my friend" is so incredibly obvious I don't need the anime to tell me. You have a character that doesn't show much expression, doesn't really talk to people and likes to do things alone. No duh he had no friends.

Uh, hey. How about telling us, the audience, why Yamato went to the DW? What happened after? How about showing us more scenes of them being friends? You know, all that good stuff. No? Yeah, I figured.

And you'd think they'd give Yamato his Ultimate since he is supposed to be the other half of the duo, but no. This would be the perfect time since it's supposed to be "important" for the "character", so what the heck.

That makes this episode entirely pointless beyond getting Jyou out of the bath. It's pretty obvious they're outright coping the og now and this is a perfect example of what happens when the writers/directors know the info but don't understand it. Sure I learned some Japanese history but why would that break through the brainwashing so far out? Why would it break it at all for anyone but Jyou? Why would the goons start worshiping him? Do they not have any won thoughts? Why did Gabumon want to save them so bad that the scene makes it seem like he's fighting Yamato over it? etc etc If they needed Jyou and Yamato to meet so Grand Leader Taichi can pick them up, just freaking have Yamato save him from the bath and spare us.

And isn't Mephismon supposed to be a super powerful villain? He appears in the 1st Tamers movie fighting against Omegamon and is an Ultimate. Now this reboot wants to make it like its some rando Perfect. How nice.

The art sucks too. Skinny all over and its gruesome to look at.

On the bright side, at least Jyou knows his history, his elements, and pi!
Feb 12, 2022 5:07 AM

Feb 2020
Mmm.. Ok Yamato episode, I guess.
Sep 4, 2023 4:20 AM

Nov 2012
tsunomon still the cutest, have to love this ep for him alone. "stop following me" "It just so happens I have business this way also" what cute a lil warrior.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 7 Discussion

Ishkoten - Jul 18, 2020

24 by lucsxcx »»
Apr 28, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.