Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2020 2:13 AM

Jun 2019
Great start to the story of a witch. Amazing animation as well. Elaina is cute.
Oct 3, 2020 2:44 AM

Mar 2010
Flan was nice. Wish we will see her more. Elaina parents seems cool. Hope it gets more fun next episode when she travels
Oct 3, 2020 3:48 AM

Oct 2020
The first episode for this anime is surprisingly good. The mc is ok and the visual for this anime is quite good actually. Probably my top 3 anime for this season. I really recommend it for everyone who loves anime with a lighter tone. Can't wait for the next ep to come out next week.
Oct 3, 2020 4:00 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I honestly didn't expected that I'm gonna like this. It's surprisingly good and the heroine is so cute. Very fcking nice pilot episode.
Oct 3, 2020 4:42 AM

Apr 2020
One of my most anticipated shows for the Fall 2020, Majo no Tabitabi has premiered its first episode.
Ladies and gentlemen, we can confirm that this will be a JOYFUL TIME! Already our MC of the show, Elaina, can warm my heart with her charming smile and her white-hair design.

Of all the coming-of-age adventure shows that I watched so far this gave me higher promises for a show that has a beautiful first episode. Flan training Elaina was such a good example of how you train your student, and if you watched the anime you know what I'm saying. I love the scene where Elaina broke down to Flan and admits her true feelings which I almost cried at.

In the end, Elaina is now a proclaimed witch and set to begin her travel into a world unknown.
I'm sold and hopefully by the end, I came for the adventure and be left with the feels. Solid 1st ep.
Oct 3, 2020 5:12 AM

Apr 2009
Best parents 2020
Oct 3, 2020 5:15 AM

Oct 2016
That was amazing for me, I loved that. Definitely my favorite so far this season besides Jujutsu Kaisen.

I like that recent anime has the main character's not be dead and Elaina's parents are fantastic to boot. Elaina's training with Fran was amazing and teaching her to be humble.

Ngl, I kinda gotten sad when Fran was leaving. In just one episode she managed to make me like her this much hopefully we see more of her soon.

Overall, that was fantastic and Elaina is a great character so far too. I have high expectations for this show hopefully it delivers, if it does it will definitely be my favorite this season.
Oct 3, 2020 5:30 AM

Mar 2014
This atmosphere kinda remind me of Atelier series. Elaina is pretty much like Wilbell from Escha & Logy. As for the first episode, it was quite good. Looking forward for the next episodes.
Oct 3, 2020 7:19 AM
Oct 2018
when i saw elaina crying and fran hugging her saying" You did well enduring up till now", I STARTED CRYING............NOT BECAUSE OF THIS GIRL........BECAUSE I SUDDENLY REMEMBERED SUBARU........eduring pain before dying,fear during dying and curses after dying ......AFTER DYING SO MANY TIMES, ALL HE GOT WAS A LAP PILLOW, JUST TO DIE AGAIN THAT DAY........i don't know why i thought about re zero, maybe the word "enduring" got me...........if a few people showed similar behaviour to subaru, maybe re zero would not tear me up so much..........WOAH, A DIFFERENCE IN WORLDS CHANGED SO MUCH.....

npandeyOct 3, 2020 7:23 AM
Oct 3, 2020 7:26 AM
Oct 2018
yo yo mofos.....IS THIS HOW SATELLA GOT HER TRAINING?????
Oct 3, 2020 7:45 AM
Jan 2019
Didn't regret anticipating this, this anime got my attention now. Nice first-impression that'll makes me tied watching this anime.

I love European based anime, it always turned up good, Atelier of The Witch Hat, Majo no Tabi-Tabi, Vinland Saga. Such masterpiece.
Oct 3, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2019
Ok this anime is super wholesome from the first episode.

I really liked how Elaina grew so much from her lessons with Flan it was really heartwarming.

I’m super excited for more episodes like this!
Oct 3, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2013
I watched this show on a whim but I’m glad I did, didn’t expect it to be that good! The animation looks great as well.
Oct 3, 2020 8:16 AM

Jul 2020
Great and promising first episode. I'm really excited for this.

Elaina's already a witch and her first steps into her adventure
I had a feeling Flan sensei was hiding something when she took Elaina as her apprentice, yet turned out Flan had nothing but good intentions in the end.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 3, 2020 8:21 AM
Apr 2020
Swagernator said:
Pedos shipping main characters with each other incoming in 3,2,1 ...

Well, they really took this episode with a rocket speed didnt they, her mom is that which she read about ain't she ? Also what the hell did the witch is gonna fight with such an intensive battle training ? Hello ? Anyway i hope the show keeps the visual quality for the rest of the season and it's not just first "big" episode bait. I dont know a thing about the LN but this seems like a nice sol show.

Also VAs are on fire.
idk why you gotta say the word 'pedos.' shipping main characters is what everyone does.
Oct 3, 2020 8:23 AM

Dec 2018
Cute and great animations . But I want more Yuri in upcoming episodes

Oct 3, 2020 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic, easily one of the best premieres of the season. Probably right behind Tonikaku Kawaii for me.

The production is great, the art is amazing, animation is nice and even the small battle scenes were very nicely done.

Love Elaina already, she's great. Kinda felt for her when she cried but I guess she did need the lesson to learn to say no instead of always enduing hoping things will get better.

I'm kinda thinking Elaina's Mom is the witch she read about, her parents were great though and her Dad crying as she left with her Mom putting on the straight face instead was a little funny since in my experience it's always the other way around.

Fran-sensei was awesome too, I thought the training would go on for a while but they still wrapped it up nicely and I assume the rest of the anime is gonna be about Elaina's adventures which should be fun.
Really looking forward to more, Fall 2020 is lit so far.
Oct 3, 2020 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
Amazing start, good animation and art, I really like this kind of series, probably episodic I think.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Oct 3, 2020 9:15 AM

Feb 2019
Swagernator said:
her mom is that which she read about ain't she ? .

That's my theory. Elaina's mom is Nike. Her mom seems awfully erudite, and seems to know a bit about witches. She also seemed pretty supportive of Elaina's desire to travel, unlike the father.

She probably even knew Fran (Wouldn't be surprised if she taught Fran). That's probably why she trusted Fran to teach her daughter.
Oct 3, 2020 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Well, that was pointless. If it was a story someone told you instead of "ooo shiny" animation, you would ask "why did you just waste 20 minutes of my time talking about nothing".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 3, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Not bad at all. They say that this episode was very easy to understand that the novel... I don't know why I put the completion by mistake lol
Oct 3, 2020 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
That was a pretty great first ep. Looking to be a real charming anime. The anime was pretty nice as well. The 3 year time skip is curious. You would think they would want to show us her just starting off traveling, but maybe this will be more episodic with her visiting different places.

Obvy the concept of traveling makes me think of Kino's Journey. I highly doubt this will be as thought provoking and philosophical as Kino (at least the OG anime and manga adaptation), but it could still be a very charming travel & explore anime and be a great watch.
Oct 3, 2020 10:14 AM

Oct 2010
Really well animated and a solid episode overall. Sensei squeezing the snoty attitude out of Elaina lol. Seems like Elaina's got some great parents. I've read a bit of the LN and I really really love the world in this. So happy to finally see it animated!
Oct 3, 2020 10:26 AM

Nov 2009
That was a whopper of an opening episode, can't wait for more
Oct 3, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
felt very like Arte during the apprenticeship portion tho Elaina has good parents and Fran is a nicer mentor lol
the visuals are very nice (even tho sometimes the characters itself can be off) and the trial fight looks amazing.
sad that this first episode MIGHT be Fran’s one-off, shes a fun one.
Oct 3, 2020 11:47 AM
Mar 2018
Hmm.... unsure about that there might be a "Drama" tag missing for this. At least this show looks like it would go that way for character development reasons.
So far all nice and entertaining, but why anime? Why can't you get magic right? It always just boils down to tradition (in theory) and the wands being assault laser rifles. It's just so frustrating to seem them do this all the time. What happened to real western witch tradition, spells, alchemy and potions? This isn't isekai, so get a move on!
Oct 3, 2020 12:59 PM
Sep 2018
KANLen09 said:
What a promising start. Can see this to be "Kino's Journey" Dark Witch edition

After watching first episode, or even before that, kino's journey came to my mind just like you. But this isn't going to be as dark as kino. I think it will picture life as something look forward to, where kino was dark reality where existence always comes in mind before everything.

Other the that I think this going to be absolute gem of the season.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Oct 3, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the art style looks so clean here and animation was truly impressive as well. I'm not really expecting much "action" from this title but in any case, I hope the studio can keep this level of quality.

Overall, lovely start but wish Elaina would have spent one more episode with Flan before leaving. I know this series is about the experiences one gains from journeys but more character build for our MC wouldn't have hurt. Not to mention I will surely miss Flan "ara ara~" sensei.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing what adventures Elaina will find herself into.
Oct 3, 2020 1:43 PM

Aug 2018
This anime was cute and Elaina is cute and im hooked on this show
overall 8/10 great start
Oct 3, 2020 2:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty damn good surprise, edged out Jujutsu Kaisen as my favorite first episode this season so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 3, 2020 2:55 PM
Aug 2019
Not like This anime that bad
Oct 3, 2020 5:15 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I liked it a lot. I think this is going to be good actually. It's very charming and that was the perfect first episode to set up her adventures.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 3, 2020 5:52 PM
Apr 2009
Well the animation and art style were simply amazing. Now we just need to hope they didn't blow their entire budget on this first episode. On the story/character side though this episode was a hot mess.
There were too many time skips to get a real feel for Elaina, although I hold out hope for her. On the other hand everybody else we meet were absolute bitches. We aren't given any reason for why none of the town witches would train Elaina. Instead all we get all of them literally slamming the door in her face for the temerity of asking to be their apprentice. Her parents literally hired Fran for the express purpose of making her suffer and fail. Fran proceeded to do just that by taking advantage of her for a month while refusing to teach her anything. Fran saw that wasn't working and decided to bully and nearly kill her in a magic "duel" that Elaina never agreed to, Fran just started assaulting her. Then Elaina naturally has a breakdown as all her hopes and dreams seemingly crumble around her. Fran's response to this is to essentially say that her actions were completely justified and this was an important lesson for Elaina to learn. For some reason Elaina actually buys that and then they go on to have happy fun times as master and apprentice. Elaina also never confronts her parents over their horrible actions.
I want to make something very clear here. The way Fran "taught" Elaina is absolutely horrible, disgusting, dangerous, and amoral. The fact that the show tries to paint her as being in the right is both insulting and makes me worry about what it's teaching its young viewers. The only reason I'm planning on watching another episode is because Elaina is traveling far away from everybody else that was in the episode so hopefully the show can get some characters who don't make me want to punch them in the face.
Oct 3, 2020 7:04 PM
Mar 2019
love the first ep, gonna wait for this every week.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Oct 3, 2020 11:31 PM

Jun 2020
It's actually pretty good but... There are too much events happening on one go, like within 10 minutes, (spoilers, if you watched it you already know) too much things happen, and in the end she's already 18. These events would have been better if it was in 2 or 3 episodes. I don't really get the main character, when things like this are happening, understanding the characters would be good. It would've been better if they dedicated this episode to make us understand the main character before jumping on to big events like this. It just seemed to bother me, like I know that this is just the first episode, I felt like it would've been better if they spent some time on letting us know about Elaina as a child, how she grew up, the Stardust Witch part was ok, but it's actually a very important part. Spending more time on that would've been better. Again, it would've been better if these events happened in in 2-3 episodes. If this is a small series thatn it makes sense. But other than that, it was pretty good, I'm looking forward to this.

6.8/10 or just 7/10 so far. Fine but good.
Monkey_BusinessOct 3, 2020 11:38 PM

Oct 3, 2020 11:42 PM

Sep 2019
This was so unexpectedly great, I loved this episode.
Oct 4, 2020 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
Naruto9000 said:
The MC is unbearably irritating. I'm dropping this.

Says the NARUTO kid, lol.
Oct 4, 2020 4:25 AM
Jan 2015
AnimeSoap said:
KANLen09 said:

(14 turned)

wait why 14 turned?

In the end she said she turned 18.
Well, i am happy she is legal XD
Oct 4, 2020 4:26 AM
Jan 2015
Loved it. Even better than irregular at magic high school.

It's been a while anime have taught me something new
Oct 4, 2020 5:11 AM

Jan 2015
Nothing special, but seems really cute and wholesome. We shall see if it remains like that for long.
All in all it gives me nice witchy vibes for spooky season, gonna keep watching
Oct 4, 2020 5:16 AM
Jul 2020
Pretty good so far, although it kinda seemed rushed ngl. Animation was also really good, tbh i wasn't expecting too much on this one but it exceeded my expectations!

7/10. Looking forward for the next episode.
Oct 4, 2020 5:21 AM
Mar 2018
MegamiRem said:

Also I think Flan might be related to Nikeh. Like her reincarnation or descendant or maybe Nikeh herself lol who knows.
To not spoil too much, I'll just you're half correct lol.
Oct 4, 2020 5:48 AM

Sep 2018
I was not expecting the first episode to include a slick fight choreography in a show like this, but I'm not complaining.

I like the aesthetic. There were some really nice landscapes in this episode and the color palette is pleasing to look at, my kudos
are defintely going to the AD.
Oct 4, 2020 6:04 AM

Mar 2012
Whoa, the episode hooked me way more than I anticipated! Went in without really knowing anything other than reading the summary. Finished the episode completely enthralled.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes! Neat thing is I literally don't know what to expect next. Whether it ends up being a chill journey or loaded with some action, I'm down either way!
Oct 4, 2020 7:10 AM

May 2020
as beautiful as i expected

this first episode is really a good start to begin with, pretty enchanting character and story

Oct 4, 2020 7:19 AM

Sep 2018
During the promotion of the anime the various visuals that came out had fascinated me and I was very curious to see this anime series, in part I am satisfied and in some ways I am not. The backgrounds are nice but not as I imagined them. Chara design is a bit indigestible to me, but I immediately liked the characters and they are also very nice. The narrative wasn't boring after all, but while it was just a prologue to the true story, it showed potential, as they also burned the character of Flan, who proved to be a good character in the short time she had available. The OST was catchy, all that remains is to see the rest of the episodes. Maybe in the future I won't be very objective in regards to this anime series, because I have a soft spot for it, it is better that I notify you first, so you cannot complain later.
Oct 4, 2020 7:36 AM
Jan 2019
Really enjoyed this first episode. Elaina so cute! Can any Light Novel readers tell me whether or not the anime skipped the 3 years of travel? If it did I doubt a whole lot was shown.
Oct 4, 2020 7:45 AM
Oct 2013
That was wholesome for the starting episode. There's nothing I didn't like but I also agrees with others, that the age progress went kinda fast. Have the potential to be SoL of this season for me. From experience, I will say that her mom might just be Nike the witch
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Oct 4, 2020 7:53 AM

Apr 2017
7/10 for the first episode. I just hope it stays like this.
Oct 4, 2020 8:26 AM

Sep 2019
This is better than i ever expected it to be. I was kinda worried that the anime might be different from the ln but nope. It's all good i guess. Also, it's great to see Elaina's father in the anime. They never actually showed his face in the ln. And it's hillarious to see him crying when Elaina went on her journey xD

Totally my favourite from this season. A great introduction to Elaina's journey!

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

132 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.