Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, there's the truth about that attack.

For what's worth, all the students should be aware and prepare themselves in the future. Quite frankly, this episode turns the show into a much more serious story. (even though there's still some humor around this episode)
Oct 22, 2019 9:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another episode of enjoying art only and not the extremely bad writing.
Oct 22, 2019 10:35 AM
May 2016
Ughhh reached my limit, I'm out.
Oct 22, 2019 12:18 PM

Dec 2018
Finally things slows down a bit my girls gets some bonding time,,More of that please

I love to see that Rigel once again saved her girlfriend!! Awww my lesbians are so cute =) And all the girls got lewd to my huge enjoyment

Also happy over that the boys are on a stormy island freezing in tents far away from my girls

And anime I only accept the older male commander! If another male character comes close to MY females you are going to be dropped right away!! But for now this is a lot of fun you still have 8/10 Ramp up the Yuri and more points will follow!! Great episode!!

Yuri-CrusaderOct 22, 2019 12:22 PM
Oct 22, 2019 1:47 PM

Dec 2009
Sigh...
Yeah this just turned into an everybody as magical girls against some greater nemesis... This is not what Z/X is like at all reeeeeeee
Gimme back all the chaos and faction warfare and interesting interplay and stuff. I don't think i've even seen any male Z/X, what happened to that Gilgamesh-like tyrant guy for example? This universe has so much potential to be interesting and they just turned it into a cute battle girl school show with cookie cutter cliche.

It was much more interesting in total anarchy, than in all this organization. If Z/X (Zillions of enemy X, ie they're all considered enemies of humanity, not magical companions) come from all these conflicting worlds/nations, and anyone can end up with a Z/X, then why would anyone conform to some established government system that just decides your life for you? Z/X are supposed to be ultra powerful and way out-perform military, so each Z/X and Z/X user is completely free to live contrary to the system if they so desire. I still don't get what this stupid enemy is or why anyone should care... or why anyone is getting along for that matter.

Also if Rigel has so much firepower she can pull out of her ass without any kind of lengthy charge time or anything, why are they grouped as a dunce squad... None of this makes any sense, totally contrived for underdog and isolated dorm cliche.

@Yuri-Crusader I ought to try and remember to keep an eye out for these character arts in high quality down the road.
The credits art is just so feckin gorgeous.
GenesisAriaOct 22, 2019 5:16 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 22, 2019 5:49 PM
Nov 2013
Azumi and Rigel were one of my favorites from the S1, but they're totally ''descharacterized'' on S2.

I'm thinking on dropping it. If it has only 12 eps maybe I'll endure it until the end, but 25 eps will be impossible to watch.
Oct 22, 2019 10:13 PM

Nov 2008
I gave this episode a lot of leeway up until the very end, but I think I'm done, and that hurts me because of how much I like the cute characters.

Same team, even though they have no teamwork? At least they gave us a reason, as bad as it was. Immediately fighting the student council without any time to make a strategy? I guess we need to make them look weak before they come through and save the day near the end. They get the "Rank E" building? Oh, it's actually pretty nice, and it's sort of a gift for, you know, saving everyone from certain death.

...But that teacher. I was fine with her working them hard to become a better team, but if she's going to be so obnoxious and vile, I wish they had just sent the girls back home like they originally planned. It's just a personal feeling of distaste for me, but I've always hated that "break you mentally and physically" form of "training".
Oct 22, 2019 10:29 PM
Apr 2013
Hmm. A bit of a slow start for the series, it's already episode 3 and they've only just got all the exposition out of the way Hopefully the series will improve and get better in the next few eps.
Oct 23, 2019 1:45 AM

Mar 2019
The story is boring af, characters are bad, the art is pretty good tho
This one of the worst shows of this season
Oct 23, 2019 3:19 AM

Oct 2007
finally, a more watchable episode. Glad I did not drop this.

so the school is hiring Class E as extras in case some of the better students drop out or get injured?

oni sensei Ira is best sensei, I had a good laugh when she woke them up 5 am in the morning to begin the torture... err.. I mean training.
Oct 23, 2019 6:10 PM

May 2018
I do like that they're not really in sync at first. They just happened to be teamed up after all.

The Class E dorm isn't so bad, they got the place to themselves and they even have that bath.

Of course they've got a drill sergeant teacher to whip them up into shape!

3 eps in, its an okay show I guess.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 23, 2019 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
lol they've been ranked as Rank E!
but there's a lot of room of improvement!
3/5.

Oct 28, 2019 12:41 PM
Mar 2016
I'm enjoying it so far. random humor aside I enjoyed the original Z/X so this one isn't so bad it's just playing to a different kind of audience which i'm fine with.

Even if this show only get 12 episodes and goes south real fast i'll still finish it because i'm a sucker for card game adaptations.
Nov 20, 2019 5:02 AM

Apr 2011
So far its okay. Its expected that their teamwork will be bad.

Apr 22, 2020 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
Too bad we have to watch this lame training instead of seeing the boys, that sounded 10000000000 times better, lame anime but I already knew it anyway.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2019

9 by Calpan-GD »»
May 14, 2023 2:06 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the prequel?

Wavepush - May 27, 2021

0 by Wavepush »»
May 27, 2021 10:00 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2019

20 by Yvonnelim99 »»
Mar 10, 2021 4:51 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2019

11 by Ulquiorra »»
Apr 28, 2020 7:43 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2019

9 by Ulquiorra »»
Apr 24, 2020 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.