Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 6, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2013
@Modernoir , I was talking about Jotaro as main JoJo, so I had Part 3 in mind. In Part 4 he was alright, well balanced and even behave properly.

Your arguments about Giorno are valid when we look at him only as a single character. He has his talents gained by living a deliquent live on the street (i.e. riding a car quite good) and he is

Two biggest problems about Giorno which justify calling him as Gary Stu are: 1) his overpowered Stand that doesn't need Requiem to have abilities that are way too powerful (in "Vento Aureo" only King Crimson is more powerful, compared to non-Requiem Golden Experience); 2) I know he's DIO's son and such, but he acts as if he had 50:50 brain of Bruno and Diavolo in terms of planning and maturity. He can find calmly a way out of any troubles. Sure, he pays a price after he is wrong, but mostly after one mistake he succeedes anyway.
These two elements combined make make me Giorno as Gary Stu-type of a character, however Jotaro is better in this "humble" cathegory in my oppinion.
I wonder if you agree, @PedroBV96 . You wrote that you consider Giorno as more Gary Stu than Jotaro. I would like to know whether you agree with my arguments in favor of calling Giorno like that, while of course I see Jotaro as more Gary Stu.

@JeXxTaR ,
Jul 6, 2019 7:36 PM
Jan 2016
Well @Adnash93, the reasons for which I consider Giorno to be a Gary Stu are the following:

1. He always makes perfect analysis of the situations, which takes away good part of the tension and danger.

2. Derived from the previous one, it seems that he is able to read the minds of others, like when he tought the boss would contact them when Narancia killed Formaggio (before Formaggio could tell his mates about the vineyard, and it was never shown or implied how the boss knew about it) and in the fight with Tiziano and Squalo, when despite being captured and unable to see Narancia, was able to create a new tongue for Narancia, as if he knew Narancia would cut his tongue.

3. His stand became a Crazy Diamond clone after the fight with Babyface Junior, and beyond, since he can now heal everyone, and himself.
Josuke at least couldn't heal himself with Crazy Diamond.

And finally, because after he got the arrow his stand became practically a god, capable of undoing the power of his enemies.
Jul 6, 2019 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
To be honest, this was kind of a bad episode. Animation seemed much worse than usual and almost nothing that happened made any sense. At least Giorno was cool.
Jul 6, 2019 7:57 PM
Jul 2014
^ This episode was definitely more animated than the last few, so I'm not sure what you mean.
Jul 6, 2019 9:40 PM
Jul 2016
Armados said:
DeepRiver said:

I know anyone can have his opinión but claiming all that shit is straight up retarded.

How is Diavolo the worst antagonist? A dude who just killed 3 main characters ,has rich lore, and strong presence , cant be the Worst , specially when Kars and part 3 Dio already exist. And how in the hell aré the other characters badly written? I know Giorno can be a bit bland compared to other jojos, but Characters like Mista, Abacchio and Narancia are leagues above the likes of Kakyoin, Avdol and Iggy

Part 3 DIO was badly written but was entertaining. Kars wasn't a good villian but Diavolo is just "ohohoh I am the best I deserve everything everyone should fear me ohohoh I am trying to hide my true identity I swear I am not a worse Kira Yoshikage".
How can you call Abacchio a character? He had to deal with his past which is great, but other than that he is just "shut up Giorno". I never cared about his death in the slightest, he felt like a completely flat character.
Mista and Narancia had more personality, but they still were flat. Mista was the person who gets fucked every time and saved, Araki never explored why he has 6 stands that talk with different personalities (unlike other hive-like stands that weren't the case), or why they try to imitate human behavior by asking for food. Narancia was simply dumb. The entire fight with Tiziano and Squalo was a typical "we have to dumb everyone down to make the scenario possible" and Narancia acted completely stupid even though it was his turn to shine.

Polnareff came back nerfed (because Araki likes to nerf the hell out of old characters to make newer ones shine), and his entire Requeim arc never made any sense. First of all, if he was aware of Diavolo, a stand that messes with time, and one of his best friends can freeze time, why the hell didn't he ever contact him? Diavolo never was aware of Polnareff being alive, Polnareff stated that both he and Jotaro were looking for the stand arrows, and I don't know what about you but Star Platinum Requiem wouldn't be an underpowered stand. I know Araki didn't want Jotaro in another part, but it was written badly to write Jotaro out instead of giving a real plotline behind that.

I am sorry if my taste doesn't fit yours, but part 5 felt really bland for me. Avdol is indeed a bad character, I never liked that Araki gave Iggy words to say, as I think he would've felt a way more tragic character if he would've just been a regular dog. Kakyoin is beloved because he is a meme material, and was written badly because Araki didn't know what to do with his powers or with him in general. And yet, Polnareff, Joseph and Jotaro (even though most of the part he was just an egdy yare yare kid) carried the part much more than the entire cast of part 5.

Also bad writing in general made part 5 not as enjoyable as the rest - Araki didn't decide what he wants to do with Giorno's power, throwing Fugo out of the series, Bruno dying just so he can get "ressurected" temporarly because that clearly makes sense and its not that Araki regretted killing him so early, Diavolo not killing everyone when he was capable of doing that, Diavolo having such a strong stand never thought of just randomly walking down the streets near them and killing them in a surprise attack while they were never aware of his face and look in general, or Diavolo not killing Trish instantly in the elevator instead of dragging her down for whatever reason. He wanted her dead, right? Why did he do that then? I can keep on going, many things didn't really make much sense and led to scenarios that kept me thinking "but why didn't he do that and that it would've solved his problem", instead he's monologing 3 minutes everytime about how perfect he is even though he is extremly shallow and boring.

Complaining about a jojo villain for monologuing too much and saiying how perfect he is, is basically complaining about every jojo villain, because everyone is the same. Diavolo is a mafia boss, mafia bosses usually do their best in hiding their identity, Diavolo went so far with his paranoia that literally messed up his head and dedicated himself to erase everything about him, to the point of making questionable decisions and not taking any risks. Thats why he didnt kill Trish in the elevator and thats why he didnt attacked the gang that time. And even so he still managed to be more suceasful than other villains in killing main characters with his dirty and cowardly methods.

Abacchio whole arc is about the search of the truth and his effort in trusting others. Thats why he is the most mean to Giorno, we know that he has an special relationship with Bruno and as a straight and down to earth person when Bruno isnt in the lead, his progression his sutile and is in his death that it comes to a conclusion with giving a piece for Giorno to figure out making clear that at his death, he ended up trusting him. The same with Narancia and Mista, what we know about the characters is enough. Bucciaratis gang is a group of outcasts who dont belong to society anymore and are in there for their own personal reasons, they are happy where they are now, because they found a new family and is only when Giorno joints that they know have to do the effort in acepting him, and they did it. Golden winds goes around loyalty and looking for a place to fit. The way the gang was handled was the most fitting. And because of that i find the cast of golden wind more rounded, solid and tridimensional than the starduat crusaders and more than a half of Morioh
Jul 6, 2019 10:44 PM
Nov 2017
Giorno requiem looks like a humanoid pikachu
Jul 6, 2019 11:10 PM
Jul 2011
Jojo protags flex the best against villains, watching Diavolo lose his shit was too good. They nailed it in animating in this.
Gen2K_Jul 6, 2019 11:17 PM
Jul 7, 2019 12:39 AM

Aug 2012
How much of my heart must this series so carefully destroy? T____T
Jul 7, 2019 12:53 AM
Oct 2014
perfectly executed
Jul 7, 2019 1:23 AM
Sep 2017
JeXxTaR said:
PedroBV96 said:
Well @Adnash93, the reasons for which I consider Giorno to be a Gary Stu are the following:

1. He always makes perfect analysis of the situations, which takes away good part of the tension and danger.

2. Derived from the previous one, it seems that he is able to read the minds of others, like when he tought the boss would contact them when Narancia killed Formaggio (before Formaggio could tell his mates about the vineyard, and it was never shown or implied how the boss knew about it) and in the fight with Tiziano and Squalo, when despite being captured and unable to see Narancia, was able to create a new tongue for Narancia, as if he knew Narancia would cut his tongue.

3. His stand became a Crazy Diamond clone after the fight with Babyface Junior, and beyond, since he can now heal everyone, and himself.
Josuke at least couldn't heal himself with Crazy Diamond.

And finally, because after he got the arrow his stand became practically a god, capable of undoing the power of his enemies.

and to make it worse:

-giorno has the most broken stand despite being the jojo with less protagonism.
-bruno is basically what giorno should be (past, role in the plot, personality, stand).
-the arrow isn't relevant again.
-this part is pure filler.
-polnareff deserved more the power of ger.
-diavolo's defeat is more disappointing because all the weaknesses of king crimson shown by bruno, risotto and polnareff aren't relevant.
-and finally, the fact that Giorno is the son of Dio isn't important.

-GE isn’t really that broken, I’d say it’s the weakest of the anime protagonists so far
-I agree, Bruno is my favorite character in the whole JoJo franchise
-I don’t get this point. The arrow is the plot device of part 5, how isn’t it relevant?
-If anything, part 4 is most filler. It’s literally just catching a random murderer in a small town that no one has ever heard of, while in this part they stop the biggest criminal boss in Italy, probably in the world
-No he didn’t, Polnareff was just introduced for fan service and to bring the arrow to the story
-I agree they could’ve beat Diavolo by using the blood trick and team up since KC isn’t good at crowd control
-I don’t get the critique about how Giorno being Dio’s son isn’t important.

Like, what did you expect/want? Giorno to be a half vampire, or Giorno being able to stop time? That would be just lame. It’s just a way to keep Dio haunting in the background and keeping him relevant, as well as making Giorno a JoJo and keep the bloodline going without using the ”well he’s the previous JoJo’s child/grandchild” trick for the fourth time. He inherited Dio’s hair color, stand cry, stand color and Dio’s ruthlessness (+ Jonathan’s kindness). What else did you want?
Jul 7, 2019 4:19 AM
Jul 2013
JeXxTaR said:
Armados said:

I did say part 1 is excluded.
Part 4 is an asspull, Josuke survived because Okuyasu decided he doesn't want to die, and saved him before his death. It was badly written regardless because the entire cast ignored the explosions and Jotaro thought it was "the rain". Also Kira forgot about Sheer Heart Attack even though Josuke literally can't do anything to beat it.

Okuyasu survived because Josuke healed his wounds.
If Jotaro thought that the sound came from the rain, then what is the problem?
It doesn't make sense for kira to use sheer heart attack because:
first, okuyasu can erase sheer heart attack quickly.
and second, Stray cat's air bubbles are more versatile.

Armados said:

Part 6 is also an asspull. Let's assume I agree with Jotaro's behavior (which I really don't considering how much he got lectured in past parts about letting his feelings affect his behavior and thus resulting in problems), but having 2 stands at once as an asspull, as otherwise mr.Pucci should've had way more than Whitesnake. Also Weather Report suddenly having a "secret ability" that a person who isn't its original user suddenly knows isn't an asspull...? sure.

you should put a spoiler label.

Armados said:

Part 7 was also an asspull. Stuff spin so hard they ignore space and time, or move through time stop? How does that make any sense?

Josuke wouldn't have survived against Sheer Heart Attack, its kind of obvious. Okuyasu himself said he saw the light and his brother told him he shouldn't come with him - which means he was already dying. Josuke healing him doesn't matter as Josuke himself thought he was already dead as Okuyasu didn't react afterwards, which isn't something related to his stand as anyone healed but it immediately reacted unless they were already dead.
Jotaro thinking that Josuke's screaming and explosions is the sound of rain is bad writing... either way, Okuyasu saving Josuke because he decided he doesn't want to die is an asspull.

Jul 7, 2019 6:05 AM

Jul 2016
I am very confused as to what the fuck requiem is or doies...
Jul 7, 2019 6:36 AM
May 2016
Adnash93 said:
@Modernoir , I was talking about Jotaro as main JoJo, so I had Part 3 in mind. In Part 4 he was alright, well balanced and even behave properly.

Your arguments about Giorno are valid when we look at him only as a single character. He has his talents gained by living a deliquent live on the street (i.e. riding a car quite good) and he is

Two biggest problems about Giorno which justify calling him as Gary Stu are: 1) his overpowered Stand that doesn't need Requiem to have abilities that are way too powerful (in "Vento Aureo" only King Crimson is more powerful, compared to non-Requiem Golden Experience); 2) I know he's DIO's son and such, but he acts as if he had 50:50 brain of Bruno and Diavolo in terms of planning and maturity. He can find calmly a way out of any troubles. Sure, he pays a price after he is wrong, but mostly after one mistake he succeedes anyway.
These two elements combined make make me Giorno as Gary Stu-type of a character, however Jotaro is better in this "humble" cathegory in my oppinion.
I wonder if you agree, @PedroBV96 . You wrote that you consider Giorno as more Gary Stu than Jotaro. I would like to know whether you agree with my arguments in favor of calling Giorno like that, while of course I see Jotaro as more Gary Stu.

@JeXxTaR ,

But he isn't a gary stu. He fails far too much to be one. Gold Experience is a very powerful Stand, sure, but it's not invincible. Do you not recall how absolutely powerless it was against White Album? There are plenty of moments where Gio can only prevail because he has to use his ability in conjunction with his teammates, I'd agree he was a gary stu if he won all his battles solo but GE is a support stand more than a powerhouse like Star Platinum. Seriously, in almost every fight Gio only wins through teamwork.

I usually agree with you on a lot of things but I think you're being too harsh here trying to stick to a buzzword, Gio isn't a gary stu at all. People look up to him but I'd argue rightfully so since he proves his worth to the gang whenever he has the chance, but he does more than enough to fuck up at times. He's not just handed respect on a platter, with every initiating fight he's had to do something to prove to the others that he's worthy of being their potential leader. And he screws up plenty; despite having such an OP Stand he wasn't able to save Bruno, Narancia or Abbacchio. I'd argue he's in fact a very balanced protagonist, a huge step-up from Jotaro who basically was a gary stu for a good portion of his runtime as a character. Seriously, compare how Jotaro wins fights to how Gio wins fights. Gio wins fights a lot more similarly to Joseph thanks to his mad tactics and ability applications, but unlike Hamon it actually does make sense given his ability. Would you argue Joseph is a gary stu? I wouldn't. It does these characters a huge disservice simply labelling them "gary stu" or "mary sue" when those terms should really only be reserved for actual offenders, like Kirito from SAO.

EpsilonX said:
To be honest, this was kind of a bad episode. Animation seemed much worse than usual and almost nothing that happened made any sense. At least Giorno was cool.

In what universe is the animation much worse than usual? Good lord you guys on this forum sometimes
Jul 7, 2019 7:26 AM
Jun 2016
EpsilonX said:

What episode did you watch?
This was easily the best animated episode since EP27, and I was truly unimpressed with the previous episode, which had a lot of Q U A L I T Y.
Jul 7, 2019 7:30 AM

Sep 2016
Buccellati’s explanation on destroying Requiem was more comprehensible in the manga. He implied that KC didn’t completely destroy it not only because he’s busy with picking up the arrow, but also because he would like the chaos that SCR created to stay a bit longer. Somehow I found the lines in the anime a bit lacking. Maybe it’s just me.
Anyways, the finale of part 5 has always been quite controversial. It’s very different from how Shounen usually concludes its final battle to an extent that it could be considered anti-climax. That being said, I’m glad that my anime-only friend enjoyed this ep quite much. Hopefully most anime onlies did too. Also glad that GER looked less creepier and more sick in the anime form.

My boi Buccellati fought to the very last second for his beliefs. Now he can finally rest in peace with his soul ascending to heaven. The music was on point. I like how DP didn’t go too sensational on this scene just like how Buccellati himself thought of his fate. Instead of sadness, he felt revived & relieved that he completed what he needed to do.

For me, meeting Buccellatti was kinda decreed by fate. During the airing of DiU, I got to know about All Star Battle and became very interested in the main characters of VA. I was favorably impressed by Sugiyama Noriaki-san’s fantastic performance of voice acting Buccellati’s battle cry.
After struggling for a week whether I should start to read the manga, I finally decided to break my rule of not reading the manga before watching the anime of JOJO. And it kinda surprised me how fast I finished reading part 5. Even though I had already been spoiled of Buccellati’s death by ASB before starting the reading, it didn’t decrease my affection for him & the whole story at all.
On the opposite, I kept feeling insecure that we might lose him at any time. When he was killed by KC in the middle of the story, I felt sad thinking that it was his last moment. So every scenes of him afterwards were gifts to me. I appreciated his stay with us till pretty much the end of the part.

It may be easy to become fond of a character, but it’s hard to love them and even harder to adore & respect them at the same time.
I’m amazed at how versatilely Buccellati uses his stand ability. I respect him for his noble character. And I adore him for being so selfless & true to his beliefs. He is, and will always be my most favorite character of all time!
Jul 7, 2019 9:53 AM

Apr 2014
mess of an episode
themanualreader@proton.me
Jul 7, 2019 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
Aw I really liked Bucciarati and hoped he could see things through til the end. This is sad.
Jul 7, 2019 2:08 PM

Dec 2010
OberonFelsach said:
this was somehow really boring. I can say that I enjoyed every single other episode more than this one.
This is a problem with Part 5's ending in general. Nothing David Pro can do to fix it.
Jul 7, 2019 3:48 PM

Apr 2015
Meritas said:
OberonFelsach said:
this was somehow really boring. I can say that I enjoyed every single other episode more than this one.
This is a problem with Part 5's ending in general. Nothing David Pro can do to fix it.

I didn't read the manga but I do believe you....nothing much can be done about it but also, it's not like I will condemn the whole show because of an underwhelming ending. I enjoyed this part a lot and to me JoJo is still the most entertaining franchise in anime.
Jul 7, 2019 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
Gold Experience Requiem possesses the arcane power of undoing its opponent's actions

Jul 8, 2019 2:35 PM

Dec 2018
I am thoroughly confused as to how bucciaratti beat requiem; didn't seem to make any sense
Jul 8, 2019 4:43 PM

Feb 2017
ZxI said:
i am not sure what is happening but i am enjoying it

my entire experience with this franchise summed up in one sentence.
Jul 8, 2019 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Modernoir said:
But he isn't a gary stu. He fails far too much to be one. Gold Experience is a very powerful Stand, sure, but it's not invincible. Do you not recall how absolutely powerless it was against White Album? There are plenty of moments where Gio can only prevail because he has to use his ability in conjunction with his teammates, I'd agree he was a gary stu if he won all his battles solo but GE is a support stand more than a powerhouse like Star Platinum. Seriously, in almost every fight Gio only wins through teamwork.

That's why I see Jotaro as a true Gary Stu of JoJo. I wasn't the one claiming that Giorno is one, however I can understand why people might treat him as Gary Stu. That's why I wrote two biggest problems that I see in Giorno which may eventually lead some people to a conclusion that GioGio is a male Mary Sue of JoJo.

Giorno has many traits that I would rather call as "overpowered" rather than Gary Stu-like. Like you said, his Stand despite having really strong powers, is mostly a support that co-operates with other, more offensive Stands that belong to other Giorno's friends. What's more, Giorno is wounded a lot and without his Stand he would've been already dead way before they made it to Colosseum in Rome.
However his Stand, even as a support one, is overpowered and it can't by denied. It's basically boosted as hell Crazy Diamond that can do even more things than only healing others (i.e. turning items into plants or animals) and can affect its user, while Josuke couldn't use Crazy Diamond on himself.
On this case we can find an explaination, like Giorno being DIO's son. DIO had a powerful stand, The World, and he was a superhuman (half-vampire zombie, whatever xD), therefore his son couldn't be a mere kid. By the time DIO impregnated Giorno's mother we can assume that he already was a Stand user, so that kind of power must've been transfered to Giorno.

Jotaro, on the other hand, was only Joseph Joestar's grandson. His Stand was binded to Joestars' legacy, but neither his mother or grandfather didn't possess a strong Stands (and his mom was almost killed by the time her Stand activated, lol).

Modernoir said:
I usually agree with you on a lot of things but I think you're being too harsh here trying to stick to a buzzword, Gio isn't a gary stu at all. People look up to him but I'd argue rightfully so since he proves his worth to the gang whenever he has the chance, but he does more than enough to fuck up at times. He's not just handed respect on a platter, with every initiating fight he's had to do something to prove to the others that he's worthy of being their potential leader. And he screws up plenty; despite having such an OP Stand he wasn't able to save Bruno, Narancia or Abbacchio. I'd argue he's in fact a very balanced protagonist, a huge step-up from Jotaro who basically was a gary stu for a good portion of his runtime as a character. Seriously, compare how Jotaro wins fights to how Gio wins fights. Gio wins fights a lot more similarly to Joseph thanks to his mad tactics and ability applications, but unlike Hamon it actually does make sense given his ability. Would you argue Joseph is a gary stu? I wouldn't. It does these characters a huge disservice simply labelling them "gary stu" or "mary sue" when those terms should really only be reserved for actual offenders, like Kirito from SAO.

No problem, the forum is to share thoughts on various topics; here we discuss which main character after five anime adaptations of JoJo is Gary Stu. :-)

If I were to add something I wrote above, I would like to agree with comparing Giorno to Joseph. While I see Giorno as a character presented as more powerful than Joseph was in Part 2, I get what you meant. Yes, they are similar in being strong, but not unbalanced, therefore they are capable of screwing things in various situations a lot and are not to have control over everything. Joseph couldn't stop Esidisi from killing Loggs or Whammu from killing Caesar. He had to prove his worth to Lisa Lisa as well. Hell, way before that he was defeated and survived by pure luck, getting a punishment of having two time bombs inside his body (those rings, I mean).

That's why, I will repeat once again, I don't see Giorno is genuinely Gary Stu, even if he shares some traits of Gary Stu, he is not "Gary Stu of JoJo" for me. This humble title I give to Jotaro from Part 3. While Giorno could seem like somebody omnipotent at start, he turned out to be a regular guy wanting to become Gangstar, with overpowered Stand. And DIO's son, of course, but it didn't turn him into 100% unbeatable character.
What I wanted to emphase is that I understand people who see Giorno as Gary Stu and I presented two arguments corresponding (or which might've corresponded, lol) with those oppinions. While I don't see Giorno as somebody equal or "better" in terms of "Gary Stueness", I can understand the point of people who actually see him as one.
Jul 8, 2019 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Armados said:
Also Kira forgot about Sheer Heart Attack even though Josuke literally can't do anything to beat it.

Armados said:

Josuke wouldn't have survived against Sheer Heart Attack, its kind of obvious.

Josuke can't do anything to Sheer Heart Attack? The same Sheer Heart Attack that Kira launched at Josuke when he first discovered his identity? The same Sheer Heart Attack that Josuke healed and sent back into Kira's hand five seconds after he saw it?

Supersonic_speed said:

-GE isn’t really that broken, I’d say it’s the weakest of the anime protagonists so far

I'm HEAVILY inclined to disagree with that. In past parts we've seen Hermit Purple, Star Platinum, and Crazy Diamond fail against Stands that they're poor matches for. In Part 5, the closest instance I can think of GE failing in a fight is when his arm got punched off by Diavolo, and even then he managed to turn that into an advantage.

Not to mention how its power is extraordinarily versatile compared to "I can stop time" or "I can heal things". Heck, it even basically becomes Crazy Diamond but with less strength and more powers. And Giorno almost never has to fight Power type Stands, so even that barely matters as a shortcoming.
TheAzulmagiaJul 8, 2019 6:32 PM
Jul 8, 2019 7:25 PM
Jan 2016
GosuDR said:
Gold Experience Requiem possesses the arcane power of undoing its opponent's actions

And it's basically making Giorno a Jesus-kun.
Jul 8, 2019 7:31 PM
Jan 2016
Adnash93 said:

DIO had a powerful stand, The World, and he was a superhuman (half-vampire zombie, whatever xD), therefore his son couldn't be a mere kid. By the time DIO impregnated Giorno's mother we can assume that he already was a Stand user, so that kind of power must've been transfered to Giorno.

Giorno being DIO's son had no implications at all in his life or what he is now, unlike in part 4. Like @JeXxTaR said, all the things that Giorno inherited from DIO are superficial and if Giorno wasn't DIO's son nothing would change in the story more than small details.
Jul 8, 2019 8:13 PM

Sep 2017
The last Jojo Friday until we get Part 6 (although I'm watching it on a Monday at 11 PM). F.

I guess because we got the sound effects OP this time the hour-long special won't have an OP/ED? Even after finishing the episode, I have no idea why King Crimson's hand began falling apart. Seeing Diavolo trying to bargain with Bucciarati was so satisfying. I thought Mista's body got donuted. Oh well. Bucciarati was reborn because of his R E S O L V E. Okay, so Giorno is holding the arrow in an upright sitting position. Why did it then cut to him lying unconscious? Trish's Daddy-Tingle is still weird. The scene of Giorno impaling himself with the arrow was really awesome. Since when are Stand Users able to physically hold their Stands? The eye peeping out of Gold Experience was creepy. Gold Experience Requiem looks fucking awesome. It can shoot laser beams now? The whole King Crimson sequence was super trippy, I loved it. GER's ability doesn't make any sense but I'm sure it will make sense after the next episode.
Jul 8, 2019 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode!
RIP Bucciarati :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 9, 2019 5:25 AM

Jan 2011
I thought the final two eps would be dedicated solely to the next arc which is why the wait didn't bother me that much, but now we gotta wait for the end of this bit too. I'm looking forward to how anime onlines react to all that.

RarePepes said:
I am thoroughly confused as to how bucciaratti beat requiem; didn't seem to make any sense
The same way Diavolo did. The bullshit about attacking the light that casts the shadow of the soul. It makes sense following its own logic, but it really came out of nowhere.
Jul 9, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
PedroBV96 said:
Giorno being DIO's son had no implications at all in his life or what he is now, unlike in part 4. Like @JeXxTaR said, all the things that Giorno inherited from DIO are superficial and if Giorno wasn't DIO's son nothing would change in the story more than small details.

I think it had mostly due to his inherited talents and overpowered Stand.
What's more, if he wasn't DIO's son, his hair would stay black without those fancy curls. ;D

@Gytanzo , I would love to see an opening with new gimmick featuring GER. :D
Jul 9, 2019 7:55 AM

May 2016
Since Diavolo revealed the answer to acquiring the Requiem Arrow, Bucciarati decided to do the same but he destroyed his own soul's light to put an end to Silver Chariot's madness at the cost of his remaining borrowed time in the world to save Trish and the others. He might've died at the first encounter with the boss but this moment when he was finally laid to rest for good was a very emotional moment for me. May the real boss celebrate with his fellow Gang-Stars up above...

Golden Experience Requiem's mysterious ability just pulled a "Great Days" on him! I can't really say that I fully understood what GER did but I imagine that it would be like having to forcibly sit through the entirety of a hundred "X does X for 24 hours" videos in a row without being able to skip to the end nor reach it for the matter. Yikes. It might not be the most conventional of last boss fights compared to the other parts but I was entertained regardless!

Jul 9, 2019 9:41 AM
May 2019
Air-117 said:
Am I the only one thought this was the weakest part since 1?

bro i think you're right because this part is very good but it's not as good as other parts
Jul 9, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2018
ReaperCreeper said:
I thought the final two eps would be dedicated solely to the next arc which is why the wait didn't bother me that much, but now we gotta wait for the end of this bit too. I'm looking forward to how anime onlines react to all that.

RarePepes said:
The same way Diavolo did. The bullshit about attacking the light that casts the shadow of the soul. It makes sense following its own logic, but it really came out of nowhere.

so what, diavolo only weakened him and bucciaratti finished it off? why didn't everyone just do that? idk, it's Jojo what can I say? Not really bothered by it but like you said it kinda came out of left field.
Jul 9, 2019 12:47 PM
Sep 2017
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Armados said:
Also Kira forgot about Sheer Heart Attack even though Josuke literally can't do anything to beat it.

Armados said:

Josuke wouldn't have survived against Sheer Heart Attack, its kind of obvious.

Josuke can't do anything to Sheer Heart Attack? The same Sheer Heart Attack that Kira launched at Josuke when he first discovered his identity? The same Sheer Heart Attack that Josuke healed and sent back into Kira's hand five seconds after he saw it?

Supersonic_speed said:

I'm HEAVILY inclined to disagree with that. In past parts we've seen Hermit Purple, Star Platinum, and Crazy Diamond fail against Stands that they're poor matches for. In Part 5, the closest instance I can think of GE failing in a fight is when his arm got punched off by Diavolo, and even then he managed to turn that into an advantage.

Not to mention how its power is extraordinarily versatile compared to "I can stop time" or "I can heal things". Heck, it even basically becomes Crazy Diamond but with less strength and more powers. And Giorno almost never has to fight Power type Stands, so even that barely matters as a shortcoming.

I mean GE doesn’t stand a chance against Star Platinum. SP wipes the floor with GE in close combat even without time stop. Giorno’s only option is using tricks or ranged attacks somehow, but with Jotaro’s passive perception 500 and Star Platinum’s op precision which gives him reactions faster than bullets and being able to shoot projectiles with an insane accuracy, that’s a difficult task.

Giorno vs Josuke would be a tougher match up, but I would say Josuke wins 6 or 7 times out of 10. Again, GE loses in pretty much every stats in close combat, and Giorno has to rely on tricks and gimmicks again. But Josuke is no idiot either, and we have seen him come up with excellent plans during a fight before. Also, Giorno’s healing takes time and patience because of the pain, and Giorno has to focus on healing ”right” unlike Josuke’s which is automatic and happens in seconds.

I’d rank Josuke on the same level as Bruno, CD has a bit better stats and Josuke still has main character plot armor, but Bruno is a genius when it comes to fighting and has years of experience in fighting and assassinations, while Josuke had his first fight against Jotaro.

And Giorno lost to Bruno. Technically. Giorno admitted that if Bruno wasn’t a nice guy and stopped his attack when he saw the drug marks on the kid, Giorno would be rolling on the ground in pieces. So there’s that
Jul 9, 2019 4:10 PM
Jul 2016
otakugamer04 said:
Air-117 said:
Am I the only one thought this was the weakest part since 1?

bro i think you're right because this part is very good but it's not as good as other parts

Dont know, but i find this the best one yet
Jul 9, 2019 5:17 PM
Mar 2019
RarePepes said:
ReaperCreeper said:

so what, diavolo only weakened him and bucciaratti finished it off? why didn't everyone just do that? idk, it's Jojo what can I say? Not really bothered by it but like you said it kinda came out of left field.

Well if King Crimson completely destroyed Chariot Requiem he would have died
deruuvitorJul 9, 2019 5:26 PM
Jul 10, 2019 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
Ardis160 said:
EpsilonX said:

What episode did you watch?
This was easily the best animated episode since EP27, and I was truly unimpressed with the previous episode, which had a lot of Q U A L I T Y.

I may have exaggerated how bad it was, but I still wasn't impressed. The main thing that stood out to me was Mista firing his gun, which seem unusually bad.

DeepRiver said:
otakugamer04 said:

Dont know, but i find this the best one yet

I hated part 5 in the manga, but it's my favorite season of the anime. They've done such a great job with the adaptation.
ChangeLeopardonJul 10, 2019 6:48 AM
Jul 10, 2019 4:52 PM
Aug 2017
Diavolo: There is... no next time (Charging at Giorno).

Giorno: Oh? You're approaching me?! Kono Di.. Giorno...
Jul 11, 2019 7:37 PM

Apr 2017
ZxI said:
i am not sure what is happening but i am enjoying it

Good summary of the series.
oceanmachineJul 23, 2019 10:24 AM
Jul 11, 2019 7:42 PM

Apr 2017
It was so exciting to see the reveal of Gold Experience Requiem. Giorno is truly invincible now and the episode ends with him beating the crap out of the villain, Diavolo. We're truly in the endgame now!
Jul 14, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
why do i keep hurting myself like this,,, starting to love certain characters who die anyways *internal screaming*
Jul 14, 2019 3:44 PM
Oct 2018
RIP Bruno
We won't get to hear you scream STICKYYYYYY FINGAAAAAZU again :(
Jul 16, 2019 9:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Can someone tell me how GER works?

I wanted Diavolo to win, but thats not gotta happen.
Jul 17, 2019 12:27 AM

Oct 2018
MeisterDM said:
Can someone tell me how GER works?

I wanted Diavolo to win, but thats not gotta happen.

Jul 17, 2019 10:55 AM
Jan 2016
oceanmachine said:
It was so exciting to see the reveal of Gold Experience Requiem. Giorno is truly invincible now and the episode ends with him beating the crap out of the villain, Diavolo. We're truly in the endgame now!

Giorno is Jesus now.
Aug 7, 2019 9:28 PM

Mar 2015
Lmao Diavolo is so full of himself, but most if not all JoJo antagonists are!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2019 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
RIP Bruno, a great leader with a cool stand. Shame his fate was already sealed in Venice.

Requiem stands are wayyy too OP. Not sure how fights would even go in the next parts if everyone has one.
Aug 12, 2019 12:38 AM
Jun 2016
Bucciarati "dying twice" reminds me of Avdol back in part 3, kind of. What I'm saying is it seems like the pattern is that no one dies more than twice in JoJo. Also, since we're talking about Bucciarati's death here I do feel like there is some Christian symbolism here? Of course, I know I'm not the only one who though of that. I mean, there's a character named Diavolo (Devil) along with Giorno being the son of Dio (God).

From what I can see, I'm guessing Gold Experience's "your senses have already gone berserk, but only in your mind" ability has returned for this episode. Which is one of the abilities frequently mentioned by people that had disappeared (along with the 'damage reflection'). But I guess a powered up version of it. Oh well, guess we'll see what it truly is in the next episode.

The users not having full control over their stands' requiem versions makes sense. Giorno still has some control when compared to Polnareff, but according to GER he doesn't have full control or something. Yeah, would have been OP if that wasn't the case.
Mat2468xkAug 12, 2019 12:50 AM
Sep 2, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
Another one of the team dies forever, at least Bucciarati managed to outwit Diavolo and let Giorno get the arrow

Dec 4, 2019 5:58 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was amazing especially at the end where Giorno muda'd the shit out of Diavolo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.