Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2019 8:04 PM
Oct 2018
Stay Cool :(

Man this ep sure made me emotional rest in rip Eugeo
Mar 30, 2019 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
F for Eugeo and Alice Zuberg.

I can't say I love everything about the episode, the fight is pretty lackluster but the scenes with all the feels was done right. Damn it when the song start playing.

The second half may not be as good as the first half of Alicization but more scenes with Alice is fine with me.

Mar 30, 2019 8:19 PM

May 2015
Finally you dual wield you son of a bitch. Now show Administrator what can't be done with just one arm!

She's unarmed! Can Kirito really harm an unarmed woman?

There goes Eugeo. I guess there never is enough room for more than one male in Kirito's world...

Well all hell just broke loose. And did Asuna just enter Kirito's world? I mean they gotta do something about protecting the STLs because they're about to get fried right? Next arc is "War of Underworld" huh. I guess they really are going to hell. Welp, time to haul Alice's dead ass and find that altar...

Sword Art Online: Alicization...I felt...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I don't know what to feel for this season. There's so many ups and downs going on that my mind is just blank! I can't really say anything because I don't know what to say. Eh...well...there is one thing I do feel at least...

Final Verdict: Bedroom Body Splash/10
Mar 30, 2019 8:26 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
It wasn't for long but I got my wish. DUAL WIELDING!
Mar 30, 2019 9:18 PM

Dec 2013
Kirito finally dual wielded!

Eugeo's death was sadder than I expected.

That cliffhanger was pure evil.
Mar 30, 2019 9:33 PM

Aug 2018
If we’re being completely honest... the first half (2 cours) of the show was more like: Sword Art Online: Alicization....THE ISEKAI. but for real that cliffhanger tho :( So many questions left unanswered, can’t wait to find out what tf is going on!

P.s... I wonder when I’ll ever see another main antagonist fight Naked ;) this
Mar 30, 2019 10:26 PM

Nov 2009
Chrome_Falcon said:
That was great. Overall this season could have been much better if they had adapted it properly. But LN adaptations always tend to be rushed given the nature of the medium. I wonder when the next cour will come out. The middle part of the season was not well done as I see it.

Finally Quinella is down. Ironic that she was finally killed by her own creation, the clown.

I agree, it could be much better... the last finale showdown action is not that great, far below my expectation, should be prolonged... also the good bye scene could be much touching with more flashback imo (haven't read the LN yet)... i think i'd be wiser to make this episode in 50 mins format... just my blab, hahahaha...

ZainKean said:
So the final fight takes place ... there wasn't much action tho. But the cliffhanger man ... Now we have to wait 6 months now for the next part. :(

The worst of this anime is the evil cliffhanger... sigh :(

If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Mar 30, 2019 10:34 PM

Sep 2017
till the end, even the final fight couldnt better than goblin fight.. what a disappointment..

but overall, that eugeo scenes almost bring me to tears. the ost was amazing as always..

and damn cliffhanger, should wait for half a year to the next part

after what they've done with this first part (bad pacing, skipped parts, lack of action) i have less expectation to the 2nd part. hope they will do better than this, the war arc should have a proper action scenes than tower arc

see yall in the fall

Mar 30, 2019 10:44 PM

Apr 2016
Xerain said:
Kirito201811 said:
Can someone provide a summary of episode 24?

Did Quinella die?

We see young alice holding hands with Eugeo? - Does this mean the adult version of alice, will not regain her memories and is another alice (personality) ?

TIA

Quinella is dead, as far as I can tell. Though the War arc hasn't been concluded yet in the books, so I can't rule out them doing something like bringing her fluctlight back in some sort of limited temporary capacity. Going forward, there will be a new Villain.

Also, correct. Alice's memories died with Eugeo. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any memories. We already know she remembers Selka from the part where she bursts her eye.

The war is already over in light novel. Reki already released vol 21 , Aicization ends in vol 18 and unfortunately Quinella is dead :(
Young Alice's memories all gone forever . Unfortunately the integrity Knight Alice won't remember anything "new"

Mar 30, 2019 10:44 PM

Mar 2019
The fight was kinda underwhelming but the full reveal of the scene with eugeo's birthday brought me to tears, great use of 虹の彼方に at that scene. Also damn, I wasn't expecting that cliffhanger with the attack on Ocean Turtle. Really looking forward to the second part of Alicization in October.
Mar 30, 2019 11:05 PM
Mar 2017
It was a good ending not too great but not too bad either.Liked the cliffhanger at the end.I guess this the first sao where Kirito lost his team eugeo,alice, cardinal n her spider.Well i believe this is where the Alicization arc starts,Hope they improve animation budget
Mar 30, 2019 11:28 PM
Jan 2018
Wow what a cliffhanger to end the season I cannot wait until to see the second part of the season
Mar 30, 2019 11:31 PM
Jun 2017
A sad end to a beautiful bromance. RIP Eugeo, hope they find a way to reboot souls next season.
Mar 31, 2019 12:37 AM

May 2018
Rest In Peace, Eugeo...

Mar 31, 2019 12:38 AM

Jul 2016
Aaaaaaaaaaaa RIP EUGEO ;-; Whew. It was a good season for me, I'd like season 2 out already D: I'm glad that there is a season 2 :3
Mar 31, 2019 12:54 AM

May 2015
Here’s a quote from Bandai Namco America Brand Marketing Manager, Jennifer Tsang:

“For the first time in a Sword Art Online video game, players will be able to faithfully follow the events of the anime series. We look forward to players and fans experiencing the Alicization story arc as Kirito, uncovering the mysteries of Underworld, and making new friends along the way.”

Guess it means that it's gonna be a stand alone game, separate from the rest of the games so far in terms of story
Mar 31, 2019 1:25 AM

Nov 2016
so did alice technically die 2 and can they pull some kingdom hearts shit and make 2 replicas
Mar 31, 2019 1:25 AM

Jun 2017
Well, that was over. I can that this is not a bad season at all. The animation quality is good and all. But come on, these guys really know how to end a series with a cliffhanger, now we gotta wait a fair amount of time before being able to watch again. Though, it looks like my hunch was right, as soon as I saw that the ship protecting them was leaving, I knew something was going to go wrong.
Overall a good season. 8/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 31, 2019 2:23 AM
Jan 2018
jesus that dude is more resilient than a cockroach. it felt like he was brought back from the dead a million times and every time i hated it more lmao. also it was gay as fuck.
it was good comedy though so overall it was a nice episode :)
Mar 31, 2019 3:01 AM
Aug 2018
this is the best SAO season they said, it's not garbage they said lmao

well at least we get some new rape scenes for my fap collection 11/10 masturpiss
Light0001Mar 31, 2019 3:04 AM
Mar 31, 2019 3:40 AM

May 2018
Xerain said:
Kirito201811 said:
Can someone provide a summary of episode 24?

Did Quinella die?

We see young alice holding hands with Eugeo? - Does this mean the adult version of alice, will not regain her memories and is another alice (personality) ?

TIA

Quinella is dead, as far as I can tell. Though the War arc hasn't been concluded yet in the books, so I can't rule out them doing something like bringing her fluctlight back in some sort of limited temporary capacity. Going forward, there will be a new Villain.

Also, correct. Alice's memories died with Eugeo. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any memories. We already know she remembers Selka from the part where she bursts her eye.

Thanks, It seems a bit confusing if Alice regained her memories since it makes no sense of the kid alice

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 31, 2019 3:56 AM

Feb 2015
At least Eugeo has loli Alice with him and he's not alone. RIP to both ..but the feels :(
Mar 31, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2013
Stay cool Kirito, stay fresh
Mar 31, 2019 5:35 AM

Oct 2014
DEP Eugeo. I though that he would survive T_T
Mar 31, 2019 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
My boi, Eugeo ;-; RIP to best bro of the series.
See you all in fall 2019.
I’ll give this an 8/10.
Some parts felt rushed, and although I loved Eugeo, I think he could have been made even better in regards to his backstory which could have been fleshed out better. Other than that, loved it.
Mar 31, 2019 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Kirito201811 said:
Xerain said:

Thanks, It seems a bit confusing if Alice regained her memories since it makes no sense of the kid alice

That's actually wrong. She doesn't remember Selka, she only feels connected to her because of her desire to have a family and because some traits of Schuberg are still left inside her but the overall personality of Alice Schuberg is now with Eugeo.
Mar 31, 2019 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
I wish they wouldn't have killed him...
Mar 31, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
Well I am one of those people who is actually glad it is continuing
Mar 31, 2019 8:04 AM
Jan 2016
The fight between Kirito and Quinella was really cool, sadly was ended really quick, but i am glad Kirito used her dual wield!

R.I.P Eugeo, you did your best and you were trully an awesome mc, was hertwarming to remember their past as a three!

Quinella had what she deserves, but she was a nice character aswell!

So we are kinda back to real world, and Turtle is under attack, and honestly i didn't expect that, they finished this cour with a awesome clifhanger, i am crazy right now, i wonder if Asuna is really entering in Alicization or if is Kirito hallucinating!

Overall, i loved that cour, Art and Animation always awesome, fights were sometimes to fast, but they managed to made this season really
exciting, and with an awesome pace, i am trully glad we will have 2nd cour in October, i loved new characters we have meet in this long ride, and all opening and endings were exciting and fantastic!

For me is a 10 out of 10!
Mar 31, 2019 8:11 AM

Sep 2017
Limaolc said:
The fight between Kirito and Quinella was really cool, sadly was ended really quick, but i am glad Kirito used her dual wield!

R.I.P Eugeo, you did your best and you were trully an awesome mc, was hertwarming to remember their past as a three!

Quinella had what she deserves, but she was a nice character aswell!

So we are kinda back to real world, and Turtle is under attack, and honestly i didn't expect that, they finished this cour with a awesome clifhanger, i am crazy right now, i wonder if Asuna is really entering in Alicization or if is Kirito hallucinating!

Overall, i loved that cour, Art and Animation always awesome, fights were sometimes to fast, but they managed to made this season really
exciting, and with an awesome pace, i am trully glad we will have 2nd cour in October, i loved new characters we have meet in this long ride, and all opening and endings were exciting and fantastic!

For me is a 10 out of 10!
yes asuna will dive in to underworld with suguha and sinnon, the next part will focus on Alice and Asuna's POV while kirito is in coma
Mar 31, 2019 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
killuaxgon said:
More rape scenes lmao, Rape Art online

special snowflake
Mar 31, 2019 12:42 PM

Apr 2015
Call me surprised, didn't expect it to become a 4 cour split in 2 parts...

Was about time we get to see Kirito dual wield again! Also I am surprised that Administrator can use multiple hit sword skills (like Asuna's skill). Quite a fierce, but yet quick final fight.

Damn, why is it that when someone dies in SAO that I tear up... damn you.

Ok, I know SAO was quite known for it's cliffhangers, but damn to think this cliffhanger is going to make we wait 6 months is gonna be a pain!
Mar 31, 2019 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
I have 2 words for everyone after this episode...

STAY COOL.
Mar 31, 2019 1:19 PM
Oct 2014
Is anyone wondering how Quinella was planning to go to the real world?
Mar 31, 2019 1:36 PM
Apr 2016
That was beautiful... I mean the Operator
Mar 31, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2016
Thats probably the worst season end I have ever seen in any anime. But besides that good sh*t
Mar 31, 2019 2:14 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, that cliffhanger ending was a a bit sudden, though.

Not just that, but it's going to be 6 months before the second half of Alicization begins, which I guess is understandable if the production team needs more time to maintain the quality of the show as it is.

Either way, this episode had plenty of satisfying fighting with Kirito getting the better of Quinella by going duel-wielding against her. The animation for the fight was very good, too.

Sadly, the episode had the tinge of feels as Eugeo died. I like the poor guy quite a bit, so his death was a touching moment for me, especially when the insert song played. =)

Then the cliffhanger part where Rath was getting attacked and Asuna presumably making the jump and into Kirito's vision before he fainted. The wait to find out what happens next will be a frustrating one.

Overall, I'll give the first part of Alicization an 8/10. The pacing was mostly fine and despite some fights ending too quickly, the improved visuals and solid animation made sure that the show was visually enjoyable.
Mar 31, 2019 2:15 PM
Mar 2018
Somehow they just ruined the ending!! Who to blame? A-1 Pictures ? Or Reki Kawahara ?
Mar 31, 2019 2:40 PM

Nov 2017
The scene where Chudelkin clings to Quinella at all costs is really... malaisant.

RIP Eugeo.
Mar 31, 2019 3:47 PM

Apr 2015
This was really really good overall. I know I can just read the LN but at this point I think I'll just wait on the edge of my seat for October to roll around. Was not expecting those events right before the cliffhanger, it was nicely done.
Mar 31, 2019 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe it ended that way! What a cliffhanger!

So, Quinella is dead or no? And has Chudelkin raped her??
Because that scene after the fight makes me believe she is still alive.

The funniest scene was when Kirito grabbed the laptop and went into "hacker mode" hahaha

Damn! I wasn't expecting that, but it was a great build up moment because we never knew what was happening on the other side.
But still, what a way to end the episode! When they showed the ED i was like "no way, it can't end like this", because we don't know what was happening, why they told Kirito to take Alice etc, so many unanswered questions!!! And now we have to wait for 6 months, but it will be worth it!

Won't say much more because it's not over yet, they just separated it into 2 parts because it's too big xD

I loved this season because after the 2S i thought SAO would never be the same, but this season completely blew my mind and it's at the same level as 1S!
Definitely, a 10/10 for me, loved this season and can't wait for the 2nd part!

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 31, 2019 7:03 PM

Sep 2014
Xerain said:
stealthninjax2 said:
I wonder what happens next, too lazy to read light novel, anyone want to tell me or tell me where I can find summaries?

Thank you very much!
Mar 31, 2019 7:24 PM
Mar 2015
From a LN reader, I am not happy with this adaptation at all. I really feel like too much fighting along with monologue were sacrificed for exposition. Zakkaria being cut hurt the story, as did explanations about Eugeo's past and his family growing up. Eugeo and Charlotte really suffered the most here. However, I was satisfied with the way Alice was adapted - as well as her VA. The animation and choreography were quite spotty, I have to say. Perhaps I'll enjoy the upcoming Alicization game more? 4/10.
AProblemMar 31, 2019 7:31 PM
Mar 31, 2019 8:24 PM
Jun 2017
kirito vs quinella in the final battle and it turns out even her cant beat the dual sword kirito... hahaha, and whats worst is that she has been burned together with the prime senator when she attempted to escape... hahahaha...

and now here comes Asuna... what will happen in the 3rd cour of this series... ohh need to wait little more months for this one...
Mar 31, 2019 8:38 PM

Aug 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Just realized that Quinella got her arm back for a split-second XD

even the staff stopped caring when they saw what was in the two last episodes, but honestly i think it was going quite well up to that point (for SAO standarts)
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 31, 2019 8:58 PM

Aug 2011
RIP MY MANS EUGEO.
Mar 31, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
RIP Eugeo!!! :( There goes the best pair of the series.

Honestly. I was expecting him and Kirito to share a kiss at one point.
Mar 31, 2019 11:46 PM

Dec 2016
Better than the previous few episodes. As dumb as I think Kirito is, he is a beast in dual wield mode. But seriously does no one ever fucking stay dead in this show. Clown is back to life and sabotages Quinella at the end wtf.

So Eugeo supposedly passes on with his memories of Alice, leaving the current Alice with Kirito. That was nice I suppose.

Asuna? Who is Asuna? That girl from season 1 who Kirito forgets about all the time? Asuna? The girl who never stops thinking about Kirito even though hes always doing something else with another girl? Asuna???

Soulja Boy memes aside, that ending was kinda hype. Was a nice cliff hanger, and I am interested in this next arc and where Alice and Asuna will fall into place. Plus an arc with Kirito and Asuna together for a change is nice. Can't get any worse I suppose. Gonna miss seeing Quinella though if shes actually dead. She was hot af.

Just as bad as Alternative was, if not worse. Although the first bunch of episodes were very good as well as the OST, art, and Quinella's lack of clothes so... 6/10 I guess. For Quinella.
Apr 1, 2019 1:44 AM
May 2014
That was a great season
Apr 1, 2019 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
So Eugeo died. Poor him. In the end the things got serious, it hyped me for the next season.
Overall was a good season but the second cour wasn't that good.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.