Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2019 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Allen Walker is the only one I remotely liked. Everyone else is either in the "neutral" category or "I dislike them" category.
Feb 24, 2019 12:36 AM

Jan 2019
OtakuKvothe said:
Hikki_a1 said:

YESSSSS he is my favourite aswell. He went from being a knucklehead ninja to the Hokage.

How can you like that perpetually-screaming tantrum-throwing hero?

Shounen heroes should be ones who show as accurately what struggle, responsibility and ambition look like.

Kitamura Kou from Cross Game.

i mean u probably dont like him because u think thats what shonen main characters should do, always follow that formula
I dont have 10 faves becuz MAL doesnt have Airbender
Feb 24, 2019 2:43 AM

Sep 2018
Light Yagami for sure, best villain and main character in one lol
Feb 24, 2019 3:06 AM
Oct 2016
Makunouchi Ippo from Hajime no Ippo
Feb 24, 2019 3:09 AM
Feb 2016
Sakata Gintoki..Why? Because training is a pain in the ass...
Feb 24, 2019 3:10 AM

Mar 2015
JoJooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Feb 24, 2019 4:13 AM

May 2016
Nero_Angelo said:
easy Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

Original Yugioh is overrated imo.

I'd say it because people praise it way to much.
Feb 24, 2019 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Helios92 said:
Nero_Angelo said:
easy Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

Original Yugioh is overrated imo.

I'd say it because people praise it way to much.

eh it probably is the best imo it had the best cast of Characters and the plot was fun
these are all my opinion
i dislike GX mainly because of Jaden as i cant stand him and his Elemental Heroes as i hate that deck a lot
5D's was cool
Zexal is eh i dislike Yuma and his horrible voice also his deck bugs me but the only good thing about Zexal was Kite and his Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragons
Arc-V was good most of the characters are good Yuto being the best and it was nice to see some other the other charters return like Kite Crow ect
Vrains i havnt seen much of it yet so i dont have an opinion on it
Feb 24, 2019 8:16 AM
Oct 2018
It has to be luffy if we are talking about mc in battle shounen , otherwise kisuke urahara is my favourite battle shounen character. Sakuragi from slam dunk and ryoma from Prince of tennis are good too, if we are talking about shounen mc only.
Feb 24, 2019 8:20 AM
Jan 2018
Luffy..
He is full of life and badass as fuck when it counts
Feb 24, 2019 1:28 PM

Oct 2015
I don't read much shounen as it doesn't appeal to me most of the time, especially battle shounen. But I do really like Light Yagami, in fact him as an anti-hero was a big factor in my investment of the show. I liked him considerably less in the second half (like I did every element of the show) but still was an all-round great character.

And since you didn't specify battle shounen I'll use the opportuntiy to slide in Shun Matsuoka from Kimi to Boku too. He's so adorable.
Feb 24, 2019 1:39 PM

Feb 2019
Yusuke Urameshi! He has great fight scenes, he never broods, he has a good sense of humor, he always has his boys' back, he has a healthy relationship with his girlfriend, he works hard, and he keeps Hiei in check.

Feb 24, 2019 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
Ryo saeba from city hunter without a doubt

Feb 24, 2019 7:53 PM
Dec 2016
allen walker from d.gray-man, love that guy
Feb 24, 2019 10:11 PM
Mar 2018
gon because he is the best. anyone else who says otherwise is wrong and lipdart
Feb 25, 2019 12:11 AM

May 2017
I'm gonna be a little biased here, myself.
Feb 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Sep 2014
Luffy, Edward Elric, Mob, most Jojo main protagonists, Gon, Sakata Gintoki and Son Goku.
Feb 25, 2019 12:45 AM

Apr 2016
Mugen from Samurai Champloo

He a badass
Feb 25, 2019 1:11 AM

Jun 2015
There's a lot of great chars but cmon no one's ever gonna top Luffy
Feb 25, 2019 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely Gintoki. He's funny, he's strong, he can be like don't give a shit about anything to fighting for his friends he's definitely one of the best characters
and personally I think Luffy is good too
Feb 25, 2019 3:19 AM

Sep 2018
I don't know if I would say best, but my favorites would come down to Luffy, Killua, and Joseph.
Feb 25, 2019 3:44 AM

May 2017
it would be Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
Nov 22, 2019 11:36 PM
Nov 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Nemo_Niemand said:
There are no good main characters in shounens.
P.S. Okay, I guess it's guys from Jojo

Jotaro Kujo is my favorite anime character of all time (as of the time I'm writing this): He's what a majority of shounen anime protagonists should strive to be: cool, calm, badass.

Zip_Zip said:
The longer I think about this question, the more I realize that I don't have a battle shōnen main character I really like, moreover I see as fav lol

I guess Imma go with Deku from MHA, he often uses his head in critical situations, I like that.

I also really like Deku. Sure, he's not one of my favorite characters, but I find him to be really endearing. Also, like you said, he really uses his head.

Hokage_Jason said:
I’d say luffy or goku if you’re talking battle shounens. Yusuke, Gon and Naruto all get outshined by side characters in their respective animes.

Out of any shounen though I have no idea.

I don't understand why Luffy is popular (not trying to start an argument, just trying to encourage discussion). I find him to be very stale and annoying.

AllHailLelouch87 said:
Obviously Gintoki. He has the best development among all the shounen protagonists I've ever seen, and the most interesting personality and backstory by far. I mean, how many shounen protagonists have his apathetic and silly personality? Not to talk about that he's one of the few protagonists that aren't impulsive or plain stupid.

I remember from the first few episodes of Gintama I watched, Gintoki appeared really stupid. Is he one of those, "appears stupid but is actually really smart" characters?

shazzyy said:
Edward Elric (not 100% sure if he counts as shonen) or Joesph Joestar

FMA is shounen, so it counts.

I think Luffy’s appeal is in the juxtaposition of his care-free attitude and his piercing intuitive morality when it really counts. He doesn’t have to spell out his philosophy, he just does what he believes when the moment calls for it, which is a quality I think most people wish they had more of. One of his best moments for me was when he stood there patiently and stopped Nami when she was stabbing her Arlong tattoo, then he gave her his hat and went with the rest of his crew to fight Arlong.
Nov 23, 2019 9:23 AM

Sep 2019
SamHandwich said:
Yusuke Urameshi! He has great fight scenes, he never broods, he has a good sense of humor, he always has his boys' back, he has a healthy relationship with his girlfriend, he works hard, and he keeps Hiei in check.

Yusuke is my favorite too! He starts off as being a delinquent, but ends up a hero by the end of the series. He definitely ranks up there with my favorite anime protagonists of all time.
Nov 23, 2019 9:34 AM

Sep 2019
Master Roshi. He does the the most pure things in life and he is strong too.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 23, 2019 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
Ahmad_o said:
Onodera Punpun from Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Pretty sure Punpun is from Berserk.
Nov 23, 2019 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:
Ahmad_o said:
Onodera Punpun from Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Pretty sure Punpun is from Berserk.

Pretty sure he's from Evangaylion.
Nov 23, 2019 10:10 AM

Jan 2019
Ichigo Kurosaki. Not really any reason tbh other than being a sheer badass and a savior. All of his power designs are cool as hell compared to everything else I've seen in Anime.
Nov 23, 2019 10:14 AM

Aug 2015
Gintoki is the definition of an adult in a kids series. I like his attitude and how done with his past he is.

Gon is the most realistic kid to ever touch a shonen. The thing with him is that he does almost everything a typical protagonist do in a wrong or twisted way, so he does not feel too shonen-ish.

Edward is also very mature and thinks a lot abput the consequence of actions (basically the whole point of the series) however I absolutely hate his altruism and hipocricy towards his people and the way things are done on Amestris. He knows everything and still put his diehard ideals into action, which is very remarked to him by the adults of the series. Still a great character, just not my type of.

Luffy is the man of action. I will say he is the best shonen protagonist that feels shonen, even if he is kind of a sociopath and in some ways a very anarchic kid. But I love how he can put his words into action and be a driving force within his own world. I also like his idea of freedom.

And finally I feel like Simon from Gurren Lagann is a great example of how far you can push your own beliefs.
Nov 23, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2019
Asta from Black Clover is best,for female it is Noelle
Nov 24, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Obviously Sakata Gintoki from Gintama. The only shounen protagonist I actually love. He is so relatable and very likeable character, that's why I love him so much 🥰 I even have a lot of his merch in my room.
removed-userNov 27, 2019 4:45 AM
Nov 24, 2019 8:48 PM

Feb 2019
RantingMarauder said:
SamHandwich said:

Yusuke is my favorite too! He starts off as being a delinquent, but ends up a hero by the end of the series. He definitely ranks up there with my favorite anime protagonists of all time.

Yeah, I like that he quit being a delinquent since he found an outlet for his aggression, but Kuwabara had him beat in that regard by going full Gohan route. Like he knew he was just a guy with a sword in a world full of S-class demons and interdimensional portals and it humbled him. I guess you could say YYH has the best supporting cast too.
Nov 24, 2019 9:29 PM

Nov 2008
Uh......gawd, there are so many. Let's stick to action.

Favorite Boys: Yuuchirou Hyakuya
Edward Elric
Orphen (nobody talks about him but I loooove him lol)
Laharl (see above)
Yusuke Urameshi
Yato
Kenshin Himura
Kazuto Kirigaya (OH YEAH I SAID IT. WANNA FIGHT?)
Lelouch

Favorite Girls:

Maka Albarn
Lina Inverse
Kagome Higurashi
Emma

(geeze, when I try to think of more girls, I keep going to seinen series...I guess I really do favor girls from seinen more lol)

Ew @ everyone picking Gintoki. He's always either making a stupid face or has his finger up his nose.

Well, it's Mal. Not like I'm surprised. Lol

Nov 24, 2019 9:36 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:

Ew @ everyone picking Gintoki. He's always either making a stupid face or has his finger up his nose.

I can't tell if this is an actual take or not. Are you dumb enough to judge a character on random pictures you've seen?

Also Gintoki pretty easily though Gon is pretty good.
Nov 24, 2019 9:41 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
Chiibi said:

I can't tell if this is an actual take or not. Are you dumb enough to judge a character on random pictures you've seen?

Not quite. I've seen enough episodes of the show to decide I hate everything about it. :)

Nov 24, 2019 9:44 PM

Sep 2017
Gintoki is the perfect combination of a degenerate and a badass. Only valid answer.
Nov 24, 2019 9:45 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Dieshouri said:

Not quite. I've seen enough episodes of the show to decide I hate everything about it. :)

Ah I see just bad taste then thats fine.
Nov 24, 2019 9:47 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
Chiibi said:

If I have "bad taste" for hating a show that had an episode revolving around a booger, I guess I'm just surrounded by a bunch of five-year-olds on here. :/

Its fans brag about how it's "the best anime ever" but when I give it a chance, it's always the stupidest f*cking thing I've ever seen.
ChiibiNov 24, 2019 9:51 PM

Nov 24, 2019 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
Naruto
Now, I'm not going to say where the Naruto series is good or not; that's a discussion for a whole other time. I'm specifically talking about the character himself. Think about it:
What helps make Naruto stand out from a lot of other anime protagonists like Ichigo, Subaru, is that Naruto has a goal: to become hokage. Now sure, a main character having a goal is a pretty basic writing technique, but it helps establish to give the protagonist a sense of direction, thus, a sense of where the story's going.
In the beginning, Naruto is a hot headed, loud, stubborn, naive, impulsive 12 year old, yet at the same time, I never felt like he was exactly quirky: the traits that Naruto expresses are traits that a lot of 12 year olds have, albeit exaggerated. As the series progresses, particularly after the timeskip, he becomes calmer, more thoughtful of his surroundings, mature, but still very much a goofy kid. At first, he is incapable of empathizing with Sasuke's lust for revenge, because Naruto himself never experienced the loss of a loved one. However, after the death of

Naruto comes to understand Sasuke's hatred and desire for revenge. When he confronts Pain, he even almost falls victim to the temptations of revenge, but ultimately, manages to control his rage and hatred. I think in the beginning, when it came to the cycle of hatred, Naruto's mindset was, "why can't we all just get along and achieve peace?" But then as he matured, his mindset became, "how can we all get along and achieve peace?" In Boruto, Naruto fully matures into a proper adult (at least from the clips I've seen).
Say what you want about the Naruto series, but it's one of the few anime that portrays the protagonist's lifestory like this: from puberty, to late adulthood.

As much as I love a protagonist like Joseph Joestar, who's goofy and hilarious, the problem with him is that, yes, he does change in personality, but we don't see that change happening, rather, it just happens automatically after each timeskip. And yes, after the timeskip, Naruto is noticeably more mature, but the change isn't as jarring, as he's still a goofy naive kid.
Nov 24, 2019 9:52 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Dieshouri said:

If I have "bad taste" for hating a show that had an episode revolving around a booger, I guess I'm just surrounded by a bunch of five-year-olds on here. :/

In the same way a 5 year old can go haha booogar a 15 year old, which I'm assuming you are based on the edgefest of a show you have as profile pic, can say god booger I only engage in high class comedy. Everything revolves around execution and how you use characters.
Nov 24, 2019 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
a 15 year old, which I'm assuming you are based on the edgefest of a show you have as profile pic

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, Angels of Death is a josei series and I am the josei demographic it is for. Get bent. :/

Nov 24, 2019 9:56 PM
Dec 2018
Edward Elric
&
Saitama
The best shounen MC
Nov 24, 2019 9:57 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Dieshouri said:
a 15 year old, which I'm assuming you are based on the edgefest of a show you have as profile pic

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, Angels of Death is a josei series and I am the josei demographic it is for. Get bent. :/

What does being a josei have to do with not being a garbage edgefest? They aren't mutually exclusive.
Nov 24, 2019 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
Chiibi said:

What does being a josei have to do with not being a garbage edgefest? They aren't mutually exclusive.

Obviously you don't know very much about josei. And Angels of Death is not a "garbage edgefest".

Also attacking someone based on their profile pic because they're all butthurt I insulted their pwecious animu is childish and I advise you get over it.

Nov 24, 2019 10:05 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Dieshouri said:

Obviously you don't know very much about josei. And Angels of Death is not a "garbage edgefest".

Also attacking someone based on their profile pic because they're all butthurt I insulted their pwecious animu is childish and I advise you get over it.

I just used it as an example which you decided to focus on and ignore the rest don't be so defensive. You also need to seperate yourself a bit from it if you think someone insulting something you like is "attacking".
Nov 24, 2019 10:08 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
You also need to seperate yourself a bit from it if you think someone insulting something you like is "attacking".

You're the one who bothered ME in the first place cause I said I hated Gintama. Or did you forget?

Nov 24, 2019 10:10 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Dieshouri said:
You also need to seperate yourself a bit from it if you think someone insulting something you like is "attacking".

You're the one who bothered ME in the first place cause I said I hated Gintama. Or did you forget?

Um no I wanted to make sure someone wasn't stupid enough to build an opinion of a character based on pictures they've seen did you forget?
Nov 24, 2019 10:12 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
Chiibi said:

Um no I wanted to make sure someone wasn't stupid enough to build an opinion of a character based on pictures they've seen did you forget?

And I answered you and you couldn't bloody freaking leave it alone like a mature person, no, you had to go and insult my taste in anime because you got mad.

Nov 24, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Dieshouri said:

And I answered you and you couldn't bloody freaking leave it alone like a mature person, no, you had to go and insult my taste in anime because you got mad.

Again no I explained something to you that you didn't understand and threw a small dig in there as it was relevant. You latched onto that part of it.
Nov 24, 2019 10:21 PM

Nov 2008
Dieshouri said:
Chiibi said:

Again no I explained something to you that you didn't understand and threw a small dig in there as it was relevant. You latched onto that part of it.

That is what you wrote. That's not "explaining anything"; that's being a condescending asshole.

Now do shut up because you're derailing the damn thread.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime from Disney+?

Spunkert - 57 minutes ago

8 by APolygons2 »»
27 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Apr 26

96 by Zedlin »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

61 by MillerEvans23 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Pick your favourite in this list!

AnimeLover1289 - 12 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

264 by Entity72 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.