Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2018 9:08 AM
Sep 2017
DO you guys get disturbed or is it just me?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2018 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
Its novel/manga with goblins and probably orcs and trolls, so there must be rape.

Its like the THING.
Mar 28, 2018 9:26 AM
Sep 2017
Guess i will be dropping this :(
Mar 28, 2018 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Sir_Alonne said:

What kind of bullshit reason is that. I kind of hate rape too but I still read it and plan to watch the upcoming anime because the story, characters, settings, world, etc are interesting.
Mar 28, 2018 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
I hate them ofc
But if the story and characters are interesting enough i'll keep watching
Mar 30, 2018 2:52 AM
Jan 2016
Of course not, but the goblins aren't exactly the good guys. If the rape scenes make me think the goblins are a bunch of cunts, they're serving their purpose
Mar 30, 2018 11:15 PM

Aug 2014
NO normal person with something right in the head likes rape irl or would even think about doing it? (if it´s not a sexual play there both partners like it. then good for them) But i think it´s great to have them in there anyway and other dark themes. Withe gory death and twisted body. Death and crime is never nice IRL. It makes the fuel for anger and hate against the goblins and more satisfaction when he kills them. I also like to read/watch FICTIONAL Dark heavy them.

It´s so much evil in the world that i think it´s important that we get reminded the world is no fluffy place anyway.

If you only want to read happy go things that is okay.There is alot of mild tone fantasy. But I like goblin slayer is not one of them :)
Mar 31, 2018 12:36 AM

Jun 2012
I do like tragedies in stories, but that doesn't mean the process of raping, just the result of the tragic girls, and to me, the act of the goblin raping is just another form of their violence true to the way their nature is written adhering to the law of the jungle....Though that's besides the point of why Gobslayer is interesting and why I'm reading it.

Mar 31, 2018 3:35 AM
Sep 2016
I don't enjoy it, but there are not alot of panels dedicated to them. To me, it is a depiction of what the goblins would actually do; bringing more justification to their deaths.

It also provides even more motive for the main character.
Mar 31, 2018 11:08 AM

Sep 2013
As long as it's not done on the main cast I like it.
Mar 31, 2018 11:09 AM
Mar 2018
Can't enjoy this kind of things :/
Apr 1, 2018 1:00 AM

Apr 2016
ichii_1 said:
As long as it's not done on the main cast I like it.

We’ll see about that since the end of the latest chapter gave us an interesting cliffhanger.
2D > 3D
Apr 1, 2018 8:29 AM

Apr 2016
I definitely don’t enjoy it, but it’s what makes Goblin Slayer “Goblin Slayer.” Although I hate it with all my might, it gives the manga spice.
2D > 3D
Apr 3, 2018 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
And somehow he has Berserk in his favorite manga/anime.

Also: Senseless murdering and slaughter, gore and torture => OK
Rape => OMG NOPE THAT'S GOING TO FAR

xD

sometimes I don't understand people. Especially considering murder is worse than rape.
Apr 3, 2018 3:18 PM

Apr 2011
Sweanime said:
NO normal person with something right in the head likes rape irl or would even think about doing it? (if it´s not a sexual play there both partners like it. then good for them) But i think it´s great to have them in there anyway and other dark themes. Withe gory death and twisted body. Death and crime is never nice IRL. It makes the fuel for anger and hate against the goblins and more satisfaction when he kills them. I also like to read/watch FICTIONAL Dark heavy them.

It´s so much evil in the world that i think it´s important that we get reminded the world is no fluffy place anyway.

If you only want to read happy go things that is okay.There is alot of mild tone fantasy. But I like goblin slayer is not one of them :)

The rape is actually crucial to the story, it's not there just to be an edgy story. Goblin don't have females in their species, they need humans and other humanoid species to reproduce.
Apr 15, 2018 5:54 AM

Jul 2016
I'm enjoying the manga so far. The rape scenes are a bit disturbing but I know it's all fiction and if that's how goblins are supposed to act and they are supposed to be seen as despicable I'd say the rape scenes have been pretty effective so far.

In a lot of these kinds of stories with medieval settings, you will see the goblins acting like that. Just like in Vinland Saga, the Vikings are the main characters but in order to be factual, some of them pillage, kill and rape the women of the enemies they kill.

I hate rape in real life as much as any other sane human being but it's a fact it exists and it is represented in some fictional stories and sometimes these scenes are even essential for the story to work.

Valaskjalf said:
The rape is actually crucial to the story, it's not there just to be an edgy story. Goblin don't have females in their species, they need humans and other humanoid species to reproduce.

^ And this, you pretty much pointed the crucial detail to justify the rape in the manga. It HAS to be there for the sake of realism, the rape scenes are not there to be enjoyed by the viewer.
INU4SH4Apr 15, 2018 5:59 AM
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Apr 15, 2018 11:01 AM
Mar 2013
Sir_Alonne said:
So you feel its wrong ? THAT is what its meant to do, make you understand how wrong it is. Its about emotions even bad ones are good for your mind.
Apr 15, 2018 11:03 AM
Mar 2013
Valaskjalf said:

xD

sometimes I don't understand people. Especially considering murder is worse than rape.
Ok so his a troll then :).
Apr 15, 2018 12:53 PM

Oct 2015
There is? How hot? What chapters?

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Apr 26, 2018 8:11 PM

Mar 2016
What bugs me more is if the MC started to change after getting his harem joining the party and the author paid more attention to it. . . So far, it's enjoyable. I don't mind the rape scene, nor do I care if the main females getting raped. I am here for a bloody adventure story
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
May 6, 2018 8:54 AM
Dec 2017
orario_ said:
Nope, I hate it. If such a scene appears into an anime/manga I instantly drop it and rate it with 1. As simple as that
I don't think you're being fair with these anime/manga that you have rated 1, as long rape isn't put on a good light and it is important to the story and/or world bilding I'm fine with it being there.
festuswyrmrestMay 6, 2018 8:58 AM
May 14, 2018 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
Sir_Alonne said:

what did you expect from goblin slayer its pure edgelord fuel. even more edgy then overlord. bleh.
not all conflicts are just pure slaughter. theirs always a back drop of politicians, but so far as I've read there doesn't seem to be any sort of negotiations. it just feels like a Genocide it the only answer manga which i dislike completely. i dislike the goblins for what they are doing and i dislike the humans for similar reasons.

@Valaskjalf MGQ does that, but it also doesn't paint it all as good and evil.

example.
GrimAtramentMay 14, 2018 3:45 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 14, 2018 9:31 PM

Apr 2011
hazarddex said:
Sir_Alonne said:

what did you expect from goblin slayer its pure edgelord fuel. even more edgy then overlord. bleh.
not all conflicts are just pure slaughter. theirs always a back drop of politicians, but so far as I've read there doesn't seem to be any sort of negotiations. it just feels like a Genocide it the only answer manga which i dislike completely. i dislike the goblins for what they are doing and i dislike the humans for similar reasons.

example.

What's MGQ ? Also what are you quoting exactly ?
May 14, 2018 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Valaskjalf said:
hazarddex said:

example.

What's MGQ ? Also what are you quoting exactly ?

what's MGQ did you just ask what MGQ is?

just kidding
its
monster girl quest its a visual novel.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 15, 2018 1:38 AM

Oct 2015
THERE ARE?! i know what im reading next
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2018 5:06 PM

Apr 2017
Well I'm not going to say I like it, but I guess I like how it's not going in a really fanservice way. Some of the rape scenes were just powerful, and it didn't felt pushed just so readers can feel aroused by it.
"Goodbye, everyone. I'll remember you all in therapy." Matou Sakura, Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel
May 18, 2018 5:12 PM

Sep 2017
I don't like it,Grimdark authors constantly trying to be edge to fulfill the male adolescent's wet dream has become boring already.
May 23, 2018 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Enjoy them? Why would anyone enjoy them? They are disgusting. However, it's not like this entire story is centered about the rape scenes, just one of many aspects that 'contribute' to this story. Therefore, don't focus too much on this one aspect, there's many other things that are quite enjoyable about this manga. The rape scenes aren't too bad, like they don't go in depth of each scene, so that's a plus.

β™”
caught in the wonder
β™”
May 25, 2018 3:44 AM

Jan 2017
its ntr

only dumb shit taste people like ntr
one time i read this h manga it was all good and then at the end part there was
ntr and just no.. still finished it tho. :u
May 25, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2017
Its done well. It shows the horrors of reality. Specially how a goblin would act. They are evil beings after all. Still people love Berserk and Goblin slayer is a bit lite to that.
May 27, 2018 3:12 PM

Jan 2016
After arachnid i rly dont feel anything in this type of scene, i still hate rape scenes but it dont make me drop the manga bcuz of this
May 27, 2018 4:17 PM

Mar 2013
I found them quite banal to get my rocks off to, but at times, I may rate it higher than the Enoch Village trolls from Berserk. Give or take.

@LaughingCoffinx Comparing Goblin Slayer to Berserk to call it Berserk-lite is insulting Berserk, honestly. What reality? Goblins do not exist. How they are is entirely a figment of the imagination.

If one should give any points to verisimilitude, it's Goblin Slayer for being pragmatic enough to dash the brains out of goblin children in the second chapter.

In any case...I find them too thematically different to compare other than content, but the context that allows such content are wildly different, which is where the comparison seems quite off.
May 27, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2013
INU4SH4 said:

Valaskjalf said:

^ And this, you pretty much pointed the crucial detail to justify the rape in the manga. It HAS to be there for the sake of realism, the rape scenes are not there to be enjoyed by the viewer.

There's justifying it, then there is the extent to which one portrays it. If it is gratuitous, then it is essentially is fetishized. Which I admit, is occasionally my fetish.

To which I say, yes, it can be intended for enjoyment, or to make a mark of maturity many will gobble up. Sorry, bit in a rash mood. I hope I did not come off as a jerk.

I gesture to the Akame ga Kill franchise. (Which yes, has a prequel and NOW a sequel. Good for Takahiro, I suppose.)
Sep 18, 2018 3:58 PM

Jan 2018
Do one of the girls in the main cast get raped? If so I won't read it.
Sep 18, 2018 5:05 PM

Jul 2015
I honestly hate those scenes, i only pushed through due to a friend enjoying the manga. The rape is to the point where it is almost there to be edgy later on as it seems almost every female has been assaulted by the goblins. if you can get past those parts tho the manga is a really nice action story about pretty much a dnd group growing to like each other and to give each other support as they do the dirty jobs that no one wants to do, ie killing goblins.

I pretty much just take this manga as i do with the made in abyss anime, it's really good when it's not back on it's bullshit again, and said bullshit makes it really hard to just not to drop it.

Sep 18, 2018 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
oguba said:

i would recommend you stay away from it then, if you are really turned away by rape then this isn't for you. it has good moments later on but it starts with a group of people just being brutally murdered and raped.

Sep 18, 2018 10:35 PM

Jan 2018
Cthulhu_Senpai said:
oguba said:

i would recommend you stay away from it then, if you are really turned away by rape then this isn't for you. it has good moments later on but it starts with a group of people just being brutally murdered and raped.

I don't really care if it has rape scenes; as long as it isn't someone from main cast, I can stand it. but I just can't stand it when a character I get attached to from seeing them every episode have to go through something like that. That's why I asked if someone from main cast gets raped?
Sep 28, 2018 9:22 AM

Sep 2018
oguba said:
Cthulhu_Senpai said:

I don't really care if it has rape scenes; as long as it isn't someone from main cast, I can stand it. but I just can't stand it when a character I get attached to from seeing them every episode have to go through something like that. That's why I asked if someone from main cast gets raped?

They don't as far as I'm aware. In none of the manga chapters, or LN chapters ive read (up to and including novel 5) atleast nothing of the sort happens. Closest that happens is one character in the 5th novel getting raped (off screen) and she might become a main character later on?
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Sep 28, 2018 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
Guranto-kun said:
Sir_Alonne said:

What kind of bullshit reason is that. I kind of hate rape too but I still read it and plan to watch the upcoming anime because the story, characters, settings, world, etc are interesting.
Not hard to see why people would prefer not to watch something with rape in it. I haven't got around watching Berserk yet for that reason, and I would never want to read Wolf Guy.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2018 4:04 PM
Mar 2016
orario said:
Nope, I hate it. If such a scene appears into an anime/manga I instantly drop it and rate it with 1. As simple as that

So berserk gets a 1 from you? k.
Oct 6, 2018 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Personally I like it, somehow I like sadistic rape & gore stuffs. One of the main reasons that made me addicted to the manga 1 year ago was the rape scenes, beside that it's a fantasy dark anime -that's like Berserk- which is 100% perfect for my taste.
Oct 6, 2018 1:20 PM
Aug 2014
Yes, they are very well done for a PG audience.
Oct 7, 2018 12:22 AM

Nov 2009
i certainly don't like the rape scenes anywhere but as long as it has a purpose other than "fanservice" i'm okay with it.
you guys really shouldn't demonize any series or the author for those kind of stuff (if it has a reason like i said) you know is just an element of writing like murder.
besides goblin slayer just shows it once and not as explicit as you would think and that proves there was a meaning rather than just sex.
Oct 7, 2018 1:58 AM

Feb 2018
The fact that there is a post like that says a lot about this manga lol.
Oct 7, 2018 4:27 AM
Oct 2014
Valaskjalf said:

xD

It's not worse or better, it's different. Rape often lead to suicide or messed up life though so...
Oct 7, 2018 11:42 AM

Apr 2018
Adome said:
Valaskjalf said:

xD

It's not worse or better, it's different. Rape often lead to suicide or messed up life though so...
yeah the other murdering and slaugher and being tortured don't cause that lol
Oct 7, 2018 2:27 PM

Apr 2016
The rape scenes are why i'm not watching this ... i ain't gonna watch show with constant boner.
Oct 8, 2018 3:47 AM

Jan 2018
Is that even considered a scene?
Oct 8, 2018 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
Too soft for my taste.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 20 Discussion

KimRiPark - Jan 31, 2018

10 by Gundam-nymphali1 »»
Mar 21, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 87 Discussion

hitemlow - Jan 27

0 by hitemlow »»
Jan 27, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 82 Discussion

DanEndra_Tensei - Sep 28, 2023

1 by Ralonzo »»
Jan 12, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 83 Discussion

StallionXD - Oct 19, 2023

0 by StallionXD »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 26, 2016

17 by Demonitiza »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.