Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A.I.C.O. Incarnation
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 12:25 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The dubs are shit IMO compared to B:The Beginning. They leave "Kun" and "San" in the dub voices and then omit them from the subs... Ide.

Pretty boring episode tbh. I can't say I was hooked into it by the first episode. At first, shit was going down but then it turned into a SOL for the entire episode.
Mar 9, 2018 12:32 AM

Oct 2012
There's just something that irks me about hearing things like -san said in the dubs. Especially when they aren't even doing it if you switch to the subs. Overall the dubs were a pretty big letdown so I'll be continuing this one subbed.

The episode itself was fine, it wasn't stellar but it was enough to keep me interested in what will happen next hopefully it picks up from here.
Mar 9, 2018 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
I have watched the first two episodes and it's a lot better than B: The Beginning. First Bones anime that I like in a very long time.
Mar 9, 2018 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
Neat first episode.

The Female lead was more of the main focus here while the Male lead was more aimed as a mystery man, intresting.
The animation is very solid and the sound doesn't fall apart as well, I like Aiko voice actress.

That roof place they were talking on, I pretty sure it was influenced by a place in Osaka, reminded me some good memories.

4/5 I expect enjoyment out of it.
Mar 9, 2018 3:16 AM
Oct 2017
Think that I’ll watch this in Japanese since unlike B the Beginning the Japanese version of this is actually bearable, also the dub for this sucks.
Mar 9, 2018 4:11 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like I’ll be sticking with the sub for this one. The actors sound so bored in the dub. Kind of interesting show so far. The beginning was exciting with the red matter chasing down people (on roller skates?), but after that it was fairly tame.

A lot of info was thrown at us, but with only half an explanation. Unlike B: The Beginning, it’s very clear where this one’s going. Which is fine, I hope the pace picks up and it becomes more engaging.
Mar 9, 2018 4:26 AM

Apr 2016
They're some interesting ideas here. The matter in particular and how it's formed it pretty interesting. I wonder how it's gonna connect back to the mysterious male MC and the Female MC. Animation is bones quality. Character animations are especially good. I usually like to watch dubs whenever it's avaliable but, Jesus this dub is awful. Poor acting and they leave kun and San in it which isn't even present in the SUBS. Overall, pretty good episode 4/5
Mar 9, 2018 4:53 AM
Nov 2011
The first episode was quite a teaser, so many questions. We're lucky we get the whole series in one go. Perhaps that advantage was used by the producers instead of rushing with too much exposition in the beginning.
Mar 9, 2018 5:38 AM

Aug 2011
Where can I watch this? I don't have a Netflix acc. And I'm not living in the US or Japan. I found some raw but no english sub included sadly.
Mar 9, 2018 6:27 AM

Oct 2015
USKurosaki said:
Where can I watch this? I don't have a Netflix acc. And I'm not living in the US or Japan. I found some raw but no english sub included sadly.

just give it a day, youll get the eng subs whether torrent or stream
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 9, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
Surprised at the level of difference between B's dub which was amazing and far better than it's sub version to this dub which sounds like absolute garbage.
Mar 9, 2018 7:23 AM

Jan 2012
Started okey then got boring as f***...
Mar 9, 2018 10:48 AM

May 2016
The episode was okay, could’ve been better. This might just be second anime which I couldn’t tolerate the dub.
Mar 9, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
Has promise but, the dub is horrendous, some of the worst voice acting I've heard in years. I'm hoping there is a miracle of sorts and a small improvement in quality as the series progresses. Kinda of like how when I played Arc Rise Fantasia years back and that dub went from hot garbage to just garbage by the end. If not, sub it is.

" There are three things I hate the most: Kids, pets, & women with attitude. So tell me, why do we have all of them packed into our ship!?" - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 9, 2018 1:49 PM

Nov 2013
i'm quite the opposite, i liked the Tachibana scenes and didnt really like the "matter" scenes much lol i mean wth is even that matter thing

also, we know her body recovers and stuff, but randomly cutting her face like that is a bit too much :v

i kinda like the ending song, very calm and cute
winddevil1Mar 9, 2018 2:16 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 9, 2018 3:30 PM

Dec 2008
A car chase without engine roar is wrong on so may levels, it sounds almost like a crime against every engine that was destroyed in any car chase in history of anime/cinematography.
Mar 9, 2018 11:32 PM
Oct 2017
The dub sounds like they are middle schoolers reading out loud to the rest of the class
Mar 10, 2018 12:29 AM
Oct 2011
Twisterboy said:
They're some interesting ideas here. The matter in particular and how it's formed it pretty interesting. I wonder how it's gonna connect back to the mysterious male MC and the Female MC. Animation is bones quality. Character animations are especially good. I usually like to watch dubs whenever it's avaliable but, Jesus this dub is awful. Poor acting and they leave kun and San in it which isn't even present in the SUBS. Overall, pretty good episode 4/5

Yeah, it's so weird that they used them when even the subs didn't. Really sucks that they didn't get one of the premiere dub studios for this, like the other Netflix licensed shows have gotten, since I'm quite partial to Bones shows.

Pretty decent start to the show.
DangerMouseDMMar 10, 2018 5:58 PM
Mar 10, 2018 2:25 AM
Jan 2016
Oh, wow, the English dub was awful. As expected actually, since it's a new recording studio & the VAs are all amateurs.
Mar 10, 2018 9:18 AM
Jun 2017
That ending was wow
Mar 10, 2018 4:33 PM

Jan 2011
if this keeps it up with endings like that i could see this being good, compared to B this had a better impression on me , funny i'm curious to hear how bad these dubs are but not that much lol
katsu044Mar 10, 2018 4:36 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:40 PM

Apr 2017
I don't even want to think about what happens to you if you get caught and swallowed by that Matter.
cunnysseur
Mar 10, 2018 4:52 PM

Sep 2016
Good 1st episode..will continue for sure
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 10, 2018 10:39 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah we are not off to a good start, the episode itself while not particularly bad was just chock full of cliches and red flags, the biggest being the protaognist's who's personality feels both like it prime for manipulative drama to pander to the viewer but the more problematic thing of her reactions to everything in the episode felt like there was a disconnect in how she should be reacting. I highly suspect she will die at the end of this in some grandiose sad scene and I just won't care.

another big red flag though for me was that opening scene, ironically the part people liked from what ive seen, cause the characters were annoying as shit in just that small bit which doesn't bode well for the overall show's character interactions.

To the shows credit, i must give praise for the character designs having a relatively high level of shading in them aty least by anime standards, theres alot of detail in their hair and shadows that hit them which does look good, i dont like the designs themselves though they look souless. The movement on the matter though was phenomenal, both in detail but in fluidity so i hope the show has more of that.

I'm still on the side of expecting this to be awful, i pray im wrong but i doubt this will get more than a 4 from me.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 11, 2018 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
LOL THE DUBS FOR THIS ARE SO BAD. I WAS LAUGHING.

But then it got old kinda fast haha...

Even so, I don't think good voice acting would save this series xD It's kind of all over the place and cliche. Also, gotta love shooting large guns while on roller skates (?). Imagine the kickback!

I have no hope for this series.
Mar 11, 2018 4:36 AM

Sep 2016
this was some of the worst english voice acting ive ever heard.
thankfully thats not a problem with the original audio so its not a big deal.

still tho its hard to believe this is a bones production. the backrounds are ok but the animation and character designs are more akin to a studio like lidenfilms, by which i mean bottom of the barrel. the direction is standart uninspired shlock and the dialoge is pure garbage.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 11, 2018 6:38 AM
May 2017
Had to switch to the Japanese half way through. Normally I have a high tolerance for bad Dubs(80s and 90s) there is no excuse for a dub to be this bad in 2018.
Mar 11, 2018 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Fluggyboi said:
still tho its hard to believe this is a bones production. the backrounds are ok but the animation and character designs are more akin to a studio like lidenfilms, by which i mean bottom of the barrel. the direction is standart uninspired shlock and the dialoge is pure garbage.

Dude I felt the same!! I had to double-take when I saw Bones' name on it...
Mar 12, 2018 5:55 AM

Jun 2016
I really don't like hating on dubs, but what the fuck was that.

*The anime itself is good though.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 12, 2018 6:42 AM

Dec 2015
I dont know if im gonna continue to watch or not , maybe if i have a lot of free time i will because this episode didnt make me interested at all
Mar 12, 2018 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
Wow! This show looks promising!
and just take a look at the visuals especially the character animation, definitely NOT CG but the movements are perfect!
so the plot is still messed-up can't say anything for now...
btw i'm marathoning the whole 12 eps.
5/5.

Mar 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Nov 2013
The beginning gave me heavy Akira vibes with that raging organic matter.

A delivery to a house, that is untenanted. Totally unsuspicious.

I like the character design, art and Aiko's character.

Overall, a good start. Better than this clusterfuck B: The Beginning. As for the Dub, I'm watching it in German and it's better than the awkward Dub of B.
TheBigGuyMar 14, 2018 2:04 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 15, 2018 1:57 AM
Mar 2012
Pretty good animation during action parts & dressing. Cool googey monster reminds of the 80's OVAs.
MC kinda reminds of Sagara of FMP. Hair designs nice but the rest just usual.
A fair amount of HS cliches but bearable so far.
Mar 18, 2018 1:39 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby for the first episode, looks beautiful again and the difference between the past and the now is quite impressive, especially with those ending shots! Looking forwards to see what this anime has to offer!
Apr 30, 2018 12:23 PM

Jun 2010
loved the first episode. loving it so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
- Oh no, another sci fi with teenagers saving the humanity...
- Why are they shooting at the 'matter' even though it's not doing anything?
- Oh no, another transfer student...
- Oh no, more fanservice...
- CGI car chase
- So now she's able to walk? Well... that was some fast recovery.
- The girl is probably 'the chosen one'...

Does Netflix know how to produce a show that isn't crap?

EDIT: Now I remembered they produced Devilman which at least wasn't shit.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Jun 25, 2020 12:55 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Seems a pretty interesting first episode, courious what will happen from here on

Aug 17, 2023 8:06 AM

Jan 2022
It was interesting. Not a fan of the whole sequence at the beggining, and as the show seems to be leading into that, I doubt I'll really enjoy it.
Also, found it funny how decent a driver the school kid is. Obviously, he had experience, but not much seems to imply why. I mean, yeah, he's part of a secret organization or something. Still.

More topics from this board

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

87 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 23, 11:56 AM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 2 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

15 by 1uchan »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:54 PM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 6 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by OgregO »»
Jul 24, 2023 3:35 PM

» The Dub is Garbage

demision - Apr 11, 2018

8 by sometaters »»
Dec 5, 2022 4:15 PM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 4 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by AzureAshida »»
Nov 5, 2022 2:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.