Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2016
If this episode was going to be like this(kinda weak because the action will only start next episode) then i don't know why they decided to do a pool episode on the previous week.. but still it was more enjoyable
ayumiisAug 31, 2017 1:57 AM
Aug 30, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
Episode 7's existence makes even less sense to me now -- if they were going to have so much fanservice in this episode, they might as well have gotten to 8 right away. At least 8 makes sense and builds up to the action in the next episode!

I mean SWIMSUITS AGAIN SERIOUSLY. THEY'RE BARELY DRY FROM THE PREVIOUS EP'S POOL WATER. Also the very naked spa massaging -- good for the guys. The manservice bit was extremely unneeded... even as a girl I don't feel the need to see shining shimmering splendid muscles like that...

I can't wait for the next episode, hopefully they'll throw the fanservice aside and go for outright brutal action.
Aug 30, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2017
Nice service with the blonde guy jk.
And also I wonder who that "person" was that the teacher was talking about, maybe someone like the owner of the private school/facility that MC once belonged to like it was shown in his flashback? just saying.
Looks like they are gonna reveal more things of Ayanokouji's past in the next episodes probably like they did at the end of episode 6 so I'm hyped for next episode.
Aug 30, 2017 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
This episode mostly consist of building up for the next arc and just making clarifications in all honesty. Though I can admit that these two episodes were rather a bit disjointed but not to the point where the premise was thrown out of the window. It is still there guys.
Aug 30, 2017 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
Eventfull episode, wonder who that somebody who wanted to expell Ayanokoji is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
One week and a bunch of boys and girls on a deserted island. If things don't go down Lord of the Flies or Battle Royal paths, I'm betting some lewd stuff will happen, with or without consent. And yes I'm talking about all that foreshadowing with Suzune getting harassed by the gangstas from Class C. If you ask me, that public fallout between him and the girl in his class was way too staged (and I'll bet Ayanokouji knows it too).

What i'm more interested in is just how Ayanokouji will manage to influence the rest of his class when the time comes, without revealing his hidden abilities.

What is the deal with some secret sponsor convincing Sae to blackmail Ayanokouji into reaching Class A? Doesn't make much sense at the moment. Do they want to publicly announce his hidden abilities or something?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 30, 2017 2:38 PM

Jul 2015
Gunderroge90 said:
I feel this show has forgotten its premise. IMHO it's getting worse with every episode.

I feel the exact same way dude, I can't actually put my finger on it thought, it just seems to be drifting from the original episodes.
Aug 30, 2017 2:43 PM

Dec 2014
I don't know what the show's about anymore. Hoping the next one will provide some clear direction.
I need sleep.
Aug 30, 2017 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
That was actually a pretty enjoyable episode. I wish we learnt more about Kushida but I'm not sure if we'll get the chance (if this is one-cour) or if the LN readers have more knowledge of her character. In any case, I find her more interesting than Horikita, whose absence in this episode was a welcome addition.

I fail to see the survival test's importance, in what universe do schools organize such events? I mean they didn't really explain the reason for this test but if it's to cooperate and whatnot it seems like it's a step too far. But then again no one goes to such expensive cruises with their school except for filthy rich kids lmao. Anyways if I disregard this kind of logic I guess this test could be interesting in its own way.

Best girl Sakura is trying her best^^
Aug 30, 2017 2:54 PM

Nov 2015
Gunderroge90 said:
I feel this show has forgotten its premise. IMHO it's getting worse with every episode.
these two latest episodes destroyed the momentum the series had especially ep 7 but i think they will regain some of it in ep9
You cannot spell Light without L
Aug 30, 2017 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
shit i wasted 13mins on the first half. i ain't gonna give any fuck about next 4 eps.
Aug 30, 2017 2:57 PM

Feb 2015
This show is far too melodramatic. It's trying to fit too many settings into one story. It's hard to take any of this seriously.
Aug 30, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
Yautja said:
This show is far too melodramatic. It's trying to fit too many settings into one story. It's hard to take any of this seriously.

You nailed it, it's exactly the same for me. There's just a bunch of kids in a school but it's so dramatic and pretentious which makes it kind of ridiculous as a result. It's such a casual setting but they're trying to make it *too* serious with the elitism, the OTT competition and bullying from other classes, having dumb trials to prove someone's innocence, now a survival test and who knows what's next. I feel like this would work better in a different setting because it's hard to take it seriously imo.
Aug 30, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2016
this episode started off making me feel like "oh shit is it gonna get real?" then after the OP and seeing all the fanservice i'm just like ah yeah thats why i dont get my hopes up. outside of the beginning the only other decent parts of the episode were the ending scene where they explain the survival game.

considering i've watched 8 episodes of this so far even if Ayanokoji does what I think he is going to do and not show any of what he can really do during this test, I wont give a shit because the whole premise has completely shifted. So far the past 2 episodes have been a complete letdown

although at least the fanservice goes well with the mood of the setting they're in currently. it made it dealable
Aug 30, 2017 4:14 PM

Oct 2016
Ayanakoji and his serious daddy issues.
Aug 30, 2017 4:16 PM

Jan 2016
WTF is going on with the show...
Aug 30, 2017 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
I'm just so curious how Ayonokoji will survive
Aug 30, 2017 4:37 PM

Feb 2017
CaptainJumBo said:
I get this weird feeling that the homeroom teacher is ayanokoji's mother/surrogate mother.
Good ep.

That crossed my mind too! She definitely knows something about him.

Anyway.

I really want this to turn into a Battle Royale type thing, where Kushida goes full on yandere and kills everyone whilst wearing her cute red bikini :P

I thought Horikita looked super cute this episode. I don't ship her with the MC at all anymore. I just want them to be besties. Sakura is too cute for this world.

Decent ep all in all. Looking forward to this arc!
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Aug 30, 2017 5:27 PM
Jul 2017
I have lost my faith in the storytelling abilities of this director.

Maybe they'll do a good job with the next arc. If so it'll probably be by accident. They had some really good material to work with.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Aug 30, 2017 5:29 PM

Feb 2013
I think the problem with this anime is pacing and tone adjustment. The contrast between each part of the story is significant. Also no need for fanservice or a f*cking survival game in a anime like this. I'm kinda let down.
Aug 30, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
man my opinion is deteriorating at a rapid rate each week with this show , this completely showed that last week's episode didn't even need to exist despite it's mediocrity bleeding into the first half.

And i continue to be confused on what this show is ,not exactly sure why were suddenly been thrown into a survival test with high chance of things just going poorly huge turn off if this actually is some sort of battle royal
Aug 30, 2017 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
What the hell even is this show anymore? It went downhill after episode 6.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 30, 2017 6:18 PM
Jul 2017
HereticHunter said:
I can see why they decided to make a Fanservice episode on last week. this episode also had Fanservice (for both, female and male) still, this episode had the tone this series have, there are more things that Ayanokouji is hiding... getting expelled? hmmm I wonder what's the big deal with him.

Still I can't understand people hate towards this show, starting because they get prepared to see fanservice (on an anime that already had fanservice to begin with) we get to see more fanservice, but with actual plot, and this new arc seems pretty exciting. are these guys really expecting to get everything revealed that soon? I bet we are going to see more sides of Ayanokouji on this survival game.

I like how people can't think for a little amount of time and guess what would happen in a situation like this

Exactly I feel the same way, it's a light novel adaptation. Your not going to see the conclusion any time soon, you just have to enjoy the journey.
Aug 30, 2017 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
Seems like Ayanakouji enter the school to escape from something.

Aug 30, 2017 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
We're on this weeks episode and people are still bitching about last weeks episode? Last week was fine, it was light hearted, and had some actual comedy for once in this otherwise tense and dark show. It was the calm before the storm, because even the little bit of fanservice this week was undermined by some more tense moments and the prelude to the upcoming arc.

We had some more evil Kushida. Almost kind of seemed like her evil side was kind of lonely and hurt about Ayanokouji being wary of her. Hope we see some more of that, because it seems like Kushids is definitely one of the more complex characters of the show, rivaling Ayanokouji and Horikita (at least in just D class).

I kind of hope this runs for another cour too. So many unanswered questions and it just feels like they're getting into some thick shit with the upcoming arc. Not that I expect all of the mystery around Ayanokouji to be revealed even if they had a second cour (that's what sequels are for), but we have this island survival arc which will probably take up most of the remaining cour. And since D class is the "defective" class, most of the students have some kind of mysterious side we have yet to see uncovered, which they kind of tackle one at a time. So kind of bouncing back to my earlier point about Kushida's complexity, we may have even more dark complex characters hiding among the roster we have yet to see who wont have screen time in the first cour.
Aug 30, 2017 6:48 PM

Aug 2012
This is getting worst, only the first 3minutes is interesting. They throw things here and there and now we're on survival test.
Aug 30, 2017 7:01 PM
May 2017
So, let's talk about this episode
I liked it because it was a funny episode, with many amusing scenes, and the story continue.
But I think the anime take too many time to continue, this episode was empty of really intersting scenes...
Once again, fanservice was here, and I find this a bit useless, and it's disappointing.
There is some keys moments but, it's really slow since fews episodes, that's a bad point too.
I think this episode was OK, because there is an evolution and I really hope from now it will go on well !
Aug 30, 2017 7:26 PM

Oct 2015
This eps? nothing much, but indeed a lot better than eps 7. last week eps is a full of banter. Well, I'm fine with the fanservice, but I can't unsee that argos operation banter, sigh.

Ayanokouji get blackmailed and need get into class A, there's internal problem in Class C, true Kushida coming back, and next week we get survival test coming up.
=============
Survival test next week
I'm pretty sure it won't be a cheerful/relaxing test.
I get a feeling that there's someone looking for trouble, try to take smartwatch to make another group get penalized.

I'm looking at you Ryuen.
gladisrAug 30, 2017 7:40 PM
Aug 30, 2017 7:34 PM

Apr 2010
This series went downhill fast.
Aug 30, 2017 7:36 PM
Dec 2015
I really enjoyed this episode, as I always do, but as always, there are unique reasons. This episode had an interesting mix of low tension moments of fun in the sun with a mix high tension moments of blackmail, expulsion, not fitting in the restaurant, and throwback to true personalities.

One thing that I regret thought is the timing of this episodes, or rather, the timing of the last episode. Reading the forums I heard that the episode actually came out of order, and that statement made rather a lot of sense when I watched it. I only wish they had put that episode off for later (where it belongs in the LN order) since we had some good fun in sun pool moments in this episode. It made the last episode feel unnecessary right now since we are getting that fan service anyways. Plus I want time to be spent on this arc as well.

Aug 30, 2017 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
I've been reading about how the Japanese are boycotting the anime sales because of how poorly Lerche is adapting the LN. I guess there isn't too much hope for another season, but with 4 episodes left, I guess I might as well finish it. And this next arc seems interesting at the very least!
Aug 30, 2017 8:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the score keeps jumping back and forth from 7.99 to 8.00

the salt is real... make up your damn minds LOL

osmanabi said:
I think the problem with this anime is pacing and tone adjustment. The contrast between each part of the story is significant. Also no need for fanservice or a f*cking survival game in a anime like this. I'm kinda let down.

this anime is full of hot girls with big boobs.. there is indeed a need for fanservice

what am i saying?

theres always a need for fanservice... if you don't want fanservice don't watch anime full of hot girls

Wusabi said:
These last two episodes really sucked. This kind of fanservice is unnecessary, seen a trillion times and wasting time, I don't understand people who find it enjoyable, especially in a 'serious' anime. A decent plot, the episodes used properly are fanservice, in this situation. If I wanted to see butts and tits, I would be browsing gelbooru or pixiv or watching Animewithbigtits: The Animation.

good for you... keep crying

and this anime is dark.. not serious

EcchiGodMamsterAug 30, 2017 8:15 PM
Aug 30, 2017 8:10 PM

Apr 2014
Ando said:
I've been reading about how the Japanese are boycotting the anime sales because of how poorly Lerche is adapting the LN. I guess there isn't too much hope for another season, but with 4 episodes left, I guess I might as well finish it. And this next arc seems interesting at the very least!

Do you have a source for this?
Aug 30, 2017 8:19 PM

Apr 2013
With this awkward pacing (compared with the novel)... I really wonder how many episodes should we be expecting from this season?

Great start to the episode followed by soft undertones that was the cruise ship. The intimidation wasn't really there, it just was creepy. Though the internal conflict in C class was pretty intense.
I wonder was Kushida wanted to say though... well anyways, a group survival test huh... there are so many things that could happen so I look forward to this development. What will Ayanokouji do next I wonder...

Aug 30, 2017 8:20 PM

Apr 2013
That black bodyguard deserves his own show.

"Bad Boy"
"Boss's Orders"
"That's enough"
Aug 30, 2017 8:25 PM
Jul 2013
Interesting episode. I'm looking to seeing what happens in the next, but given the tensions set up between some characters I can't help worry for a few of them.

For those who have read the light novel I have a question:

Someone's going to raped, killed, or severally life-threateningly injured aren't they?
Aug 30, 2017 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
the intro was good
Aug 30, 2017 8:55 PM
Jan 2015
Well that was an improvement over last weeks filler episode. The survivor arc seems promising.
My Queens

Aug 30, 2017 9:23 PM

Jan 2011
Tadashi_ said:
Ando said:

Saw on R Anime discussion that there is some sort of outcry they be hella mad boycotting their reservations for a event for the BDs or something along those lines
katsu044Aug 30, 2017 9:30 PM
Aug 30, 2017 9:45 PM

Jul 2012
Tadashi_ said:
Ando said:

It's mostly what I've read on here, but it makes sense with all the liberties Lerche has taken with this adaptation. I would also be pretty upset if I read the LN.

Here are some direct links: 1 2
Aug 30, 2017 9:46 PM
Jan 2011
This show is all over the place and so is the pacing.
Aug 30, 2017 10:32 PM

Sep 2016
oh yeaa about to get spicy next eps wonder what kushida was holding back and that beef in class c also whos this person trying to expel ayanakoji kun
Facta Non Verba
Aug 30, 2017 11:04 PM

Jul 2017
Mia01 said:
Horikita was touching her arm every scene she was in, I thought it was really weird... did she get hurt or something? Or maybe it's just my imagination?

This. In the bar and then on the survival game explanation. I expect we will get some answer on the next episodes.

As long a they don't make the survival too over the top it should be a fun arc. Probably we will get a good confrontation with class C and hopefully some plot progression.

Anyway I found it to be a way better than the last pool episode, that felt completely unnecessary.
Aug 30, 2017 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! I'm enjoying this anime even more, it has so much potential.
That moment between Kushida and Ayanokouji... i think that she may like him, and she probably regrets that he knows her "other" personality, because of that he never knows if he can trust her etc... It's her own fault.
I wonder what type of survival they are going to have.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 30, 2017 11:36 PM
Jun 2016
surviving class in a island,,, remind me of battle royale *lol

want to see ayanokoji fight and change his face emotion so muchhhhhhh
Aug 31, 2017 12:59 AM

Jan 2016
The Whinny Kids are still here. Poor Kids keep on watching a series just to find all the things that they don't want to be there. LMFAO!!!!
Aug 31, 2017 1:01 AM

Jan 2016
There's an Island so this will be LOST.

Island = LOST = Logic. HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
Aug 31, 2017 1:02 AM

Jan 2016
So the Cruise Ship will crash and Burn too because there's an Island . Right?

LOGIC! HAHAHHAHAHA
Aug 31, 2017 1:12 AM

May 2015
This was so boring, even previous episode was better. And so many characters are either annoying or forgettable.
Aug 31, 2017 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
We Danganronpa 2 now boys.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

525 by Fatephile »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

210 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2017

358 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

222 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

341 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.