Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 19, 2017 3:03 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The countdown to the end continues. Anna/Ichiya sharing a moment using the Christina to push Acnologia into the timelapse. Meanwhile dayum, Natsu pulled it off, defeating his brother and leaving Mavis standing over him. Not surprising though perhaps quicker than expected.
May 19, 2017 6:04 AM
Sep 2014
I can't believe this manga is going to end with Anna being completely useless, her original ENTIRE PLAN being pointless and Erza (and fucking Christina) being the only character(s) to SLAY a DRAGON.

May 19, 2017 7:12 AM

Aug 2012
So just like that huh
May 19, 2017 7:30 AM

Dec 2013
Trash ending for both villains...

Aiyen said:
I can't believe this manga is going to end with Anna being completely useless, her original ENTIRE PLAN being pointless and Erza (and fucking Christina) being the only character(s) to SLAY a DRAGON.

Wasn't pushing Acnologia into the time lapse Anna's idea?
May 19, 2017 7:39 AM
Sep 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Trash ending for both villains...

Aiyen said:

Wasn't pushing Acnologia into the time lapse Anna's idea?

"Original" plan. To send the DS to the future to defeat Acnologia.
May 19, 2017 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
Well that is that then. Zeref defeated by Natsu. Acnologia defeated by a flying ship. All that is left is Zeref redemption and this manga series is done with.

Mashima did say that the series would end in 2 volumes and since there is 8-9 chapters a volumes there should be at least 16 more to come so I wouldn't be surprised if Acnologia survived the time-lapse somehow.
May 19, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 2016
WTF is this?! Zeref becomes a white god then defeated with a single punch from Natsu suddenly...i know that Mashima want end it.. but he is throwing his own (ex masterpiece) into the trash literally
May 19, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2012
lol that's it?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that was lame

But you'll still take damage!
May 19, 2017 8:14 AM
Oct 2016
When Mashima said that one of his favorite characters would die, everyone thought that was Jellal because of how the chapters were going. I wasn't totally convinced considering that I didn't think Mashima would break up a ship, but I couldn't think of anyone else. I completely forgot that Mashima loved Ichiya. We all thought that guy was made of stone. When you think about it, it's not THAT surprising, but I gotta admit I'm kinda sad. I honestly wasn't too focused with that battle compared to Natsu/Zeref, but this stole all the attention from them.

All that's left is what's Mavis gonna do to Zeref, fixing Lucy from corruption, and getting these damn ships to set sail.
May 19, 2017 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
There's 9 chapters left, no way Acnologia is done just like that. We don't even know his backstory or the reason why he wants to kill all the dragons.
May 19, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
I barely comment about the manga but holy shit... this was the most horrible chapter in all of shonen battle history.... the 2 big bad boss... defeated in a single chapter.... by a ship and by Natsu's friendship... so friendship>unlimited magic?
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
There's 9 chapters left, no way Acnologia is done just like that. We don't even know his backstory or the reason why he wants to kill all the dragons.

This is fairy tail, dont expect such a thing my friend.
May 19, 2017 9:40 AM
Sep 2012
Wow wow, first of all we know how many chapters to go, so the countdown begins to an end of an era.

Now than for this chapter, well as long as no one took down Acnologia, have him be sealed in a time lapse, I am find with that. Anna disappearing with him, only disappointed she never to to meet Lucy, but still her going away is not that impact full, as for Ichiya I am sure some people like him, I always jokingly if Hiro had to kill someone to make a statement that he could kill someone, let it be Ichiya. Granted not really dead, you get the point. And i half expect Ichiya and Anna to show up in the last chapter, maybe Ichiya is now Lucy's great great great grandfather, I saw sparks there.

Now than Jellal lives, told you he wouldn't die, Hiro said he pained to kill him off in Rave Master, so he wasn't going to do that again.

As for Natsu and Zeref, you know what, whatever, Zeref finally is stunned, his arrogance is gone, so I am good. What does Mavis have plan for him, I don't know, I think they are going to find away for them to die, and get reunited with August who is know in the form of a little boy, and three of them will live happily ever after in the after life.

Anyway 9 more chapters, so little time, Hiro got a lot of work to do. And you never know might be even less time than we think, because Hiro loves to do double and triple chapters, this might in a double chapter.
May 19, 2017 9:48 AM
Feb 2016
I literally have no words for this chapter ... this was the most horrible chapter ever . I can't smh ......
May 19, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2016
This is one of the worst thing I have ever read. Just completely underwhelming and terrible. It's obvious that Acno is not done for but Zere's fight against Natsu was completely underwhelming.
May 19, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2017
This has been the most horse-shit manga I've ever had the displeasure of following...seriously WTF was that chapter even???

Hiro throw away your pen and burn your studio
May 19, 2017 10:52 AM
Oct 2015
Why did I waste my time reading +500 chapters for this shit. I know it's a bad, but to end it like that is on a whole new level.

It would've been better to end the manga before this entire arc.
May 19, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
Wim said:
Well that is that then. Zeref defeated by Natsu. Acnologia defeated by a flying ship. All that is left is Zeref redemption and this manga series is done with.

Mashima did say that the series would end in 2 volumes and since there is 8-9 chapters a volumes there should be at least 16 more to come so I wouldn't be surprised if Acnologia survived the time-lapse somehow.

This talk was when already 5-6 chapter out beyone volume 61 , there only like 9 chapters left
May 19, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know what to say..
Maybe there's nothing to say...

LOL
May 19, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

They showed little of his back story in the movie
May 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
So zeref is done and Acno lost to a ship lol , you can't except much even if acno get back after this , all the characters are worn out and natsu is just done if acno is back they will defeat him through some BS yet again , since next week is zeref redemption i really don't know what he will do with the next 8 chapters

Maybe acno will be back and Zeref will sacrifice himself to save humanity

May 19, 2017 12:32 PM

Jan 2016
Thanks alot Hiro, i have tried to defend hiro and fairy tail countless of times becauseo of the joy that the first fairy tail anime gave me but this is beyond defending.

Give us a NALU ending already and be done with it, for fucks sake
May 19, 2017 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
I have no words for such a mediocre conclusion... so what was the purpose of the dragon slayers and the time travel? They ended doing nothing, but a ship made it!
And the fight between Natsu and Zeref was even worse. Sacred flames? lol

I think even the ships in the final chapter won't be enough to make up for this disastrous ending.
May 19, 2017 2:14 PM

Dec 2015
"Flame of his wild emotion"? Seriously? More Mashima bullshit eh?

Whoa that poll tho.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 19, 2017 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
Lmao, I'm dying here. What a freaking trainwreck.
May 19, 2017 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
wut Acnologia is defeated by a side character Ichika?

and Zeref is defeated by the power of friendship/guild again huh
May 19, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Did Acnologia got defeated by Ichiya and Anna pushing him down in the time lapse with the ship? I have read that wrong and are my eyes fooling me?
We talk about Acnologia, the most hyped up antagonist of the whole series, the one who exterminated the dragons, the one who raped the entire Fairy Tail Guild in the Tenrou Island, the one who killed Igneel in front of Natsu, the one who everyone in the series feared with his mere mention, the one who in his human form was able to trash a dude who thrased the elite of Ishgal... He couldn't be defeated in such crappy way. Right?... Right?!... RIGHT?!

I mean, I already assumed Zeref's battle would be crap since the last two chapters (thing that ended being true, in the most classic Fairy Tail example), but I cannot believe Mashima actually defeated Acnologia that way. More than 100 chapters expecting an awesome battle after all that build up, and he is beaten in one of the shittiest ways to defeat a villain I have ever seen. Bleach's final battle is a masterpiece compared with that (who is not saying much). He wasn't even confronted by Natsu after how the manga implied he would face him one day.
I still expect that maybe (MAYBE), Acnologia will rip the time lapse and present a proper battle (there are still 10 chapters after all), but looking at the way the conclusion it's present, I doubt it.

Mashima, you just have one job, ONE FRIGGIN JOB, and you ruined it misserably. Even Erza being Erza would have been better, at least it would have been hilarious. He basically just created a new level in the bullshit scale, even after the thing of Erza destroying the meteor with all her bones broken. That is even admirable in it's own way.

For what me refers, the manga could end next chapter and I wouldn't shed any tears. I'm terribly disappointed.
May 19, 2017 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
I'm not gonna jump into any conclusions since there are 10 chapters left. There is plenty of time for Acnologia to somehow return. With the way this guy has been written, I'm sure he's gonna somehow return.

If Acnologia is indeed defeated and this was in fact his end...Then the King of Dragons was beaten by a flying ship...piloted by the worst character in the series in Ichiya and helped by Anna who has randomly appeared for less than 6 chapters.

I'm actually okay with Zeref's defeat. To be honest I knew that was going to happen. That's how Natsu beats ALL of his opponents...the power of emotions. So I didn't really expect anything different from him or the series. It still doesn't change the fact that the battle between brothers ended in the most typical Fairy Tail way. I was hoping for something more epic for the main antagonist that practically started all the issues in the world to end in a different fashion. I guess I'm just hoping for too much.

2/5- This left a sour taste in my mouth but I still don't want to jump into any conclusions.

May 19, 2017 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
I think Hiro has played us rudely, I love this Manga and I can not believe that there are only 10 chapters to explain so many things. I really hope that the useless Anna is dead with the irritable Ichiya.

Personally, I cannot believe that the battle with Zeref ends here, I was expecting a lot of more from him, mainly after getting the Fairy heart, something that they gave it almost heavenly importance for nothing.

If I have to rate this chapter I would say 2/5.
XheoMay 19, 2017 6:23 PM
May 19, 2017 4:25 PM

Apr 2017
Aiyen said:

She should've had a backup plan. I always thought Anna would be a really intelligent character after hearing about her before but clearly not.
May 19, 2017 4:53 PM
Aug 2011
Aiyen said:
l

lets be honest Erza never slayed a dragon, if the dragon decided to kill itself out of the blue.
May 19, 2017 4:56 PM
Apr 2016
Three words: WORST CHAPTER EVER!!! Only if I could give this -100000000/10. FFS. This is utter rubbish. Worst way to defeat a villain. I mean the strongest villain in the series. Screw it, both villains got taken out in a stupid manner in a single chapter. Worst writing I've ever seen in my life. The Room and some random Hentai has better plot than this shitty final arc of Fairy Tail.
May 19, 2017 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
Tartarus>>>>>>>Avatar>>>>>Alvarez

Hiro isn't even trying
May 19, 2017 5:41 PM

Jun 2014
Wow. I'm speechless. After August and Irene were defeated I thought there was absolutely no possible way for Zeref and Acnologia to be defeated in a worse way. Well apparently Hiro Mashima can read my mind all the way from Japan because he managed to write quite possibly the WORST defeat in the history of shonen manga. Natsu is now one punch man with a pinch of nakama power and Acno was beaten by a side character and another character that's been here for like 8 chapters or some shit. Wow, just wow. Hurry up and put this dying horse to sleep Hiro. This is making the bullshit that happened toward the end of Bleach look like a masterpiece.

And honestly after this chapter how in the actual fuck can ANYONE defend this manga. I'm not trolling, I'm not trying to bait anyone, I'm legitimately curious. What kind of excuse can the fanboys/fangirls possibly come up with this time. FT is beyond defending at this point.
thebrentinator24May 19, 2017 5:49 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 19, 2017 6:21 PM
Jan 2016
There's not much else to say... The story has gone way downhill since the timeskip. Much worse ending than Bleach. It's still quite enjoyable.
bernarx9May 19, 2017 6:25 PM
May 19, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
Nakama power prevails. Zeref down & Acnologia in the Time lapse.
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 19, 2017 6:43 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 19, 2017 6:53 PM

Nov 2015
Mashima wants this shit to end, that’s what explains the bs.

Not only from Jerza BS, and Jellal being saved in asspull manner, but also from Natsu beating Zeref with a mere punch using only base mode. This is pretty insulting to the readers tbh.

Natsu is the worst written char in the manga. That's a fact at this point.

10 more chapters left, and we can hopefully forget about this trash series that once had potential.
Rex_ConnorMay 19, 2017 7:02 PM
May 19, 2017 7:46 PM

Dec 2015
Can someone recommend me a manga that doesnt suck, please? No joke, I'm that desperate for something good after this abomination.
May 19, 2017 7:57 PM

Apr 2017
Well... Acnologia, Anna, and Ichiya are all dead. I mean I am upset, but I do think people are overreacting... because there are 10 chapters left meaning we could get more information or other ways to get them back.

In my opinion, I was honestly upset with Acnologia dying because if you haven't watched the Dragon Cry movie, which I haven't yet but I have a clip a friend sent me, Acnologia's back story is quite interesting. He wants to get revenge on the dragons for killing this young girl that he found fond to him. He wants to avenge her, and know he killed the dragons that were after a poor, girl who was probably 4-6 and it was Sonya's character if I am not mistaken.

Anna and Ichyia's death was also upsetting because, I had been writing a fanfiction of my predictions having Lucy and Anna meet finally... but that most likely will not happen. Ichiya's death really was sad too, his character has always made me smile and giggle. Wendy's reaction to Anna's death, really got me. She was wanting to get up, and Erza was of course crying..

Jellal ended up being okay it seems.

Zeref and Natsu were also fighting, and Natsu somehow took down Zeref. That was shocking in my opinion and I really want to see what Mavis will do to Zeref, if she will fight him, confess the love she still feels for him, other ways he can die, or whatever.

I also can't wait to see Natsu's reaction to Lucy saving him which I hope we do see, like I said I DIDN'T get the freaking anna and lucy reunion so... I am just going to see about the natsu and lucy one.

I hope jellal is completely okay, because you never know how much blood he lost or energy. I give the chapter a 3/5 stars because... like I mean it was upsetting but I enjoyed it as well because it's interesting how Mashima-Sensei some how fit many things in one chapter
May 19, 2017 9:27 PM

Mar 2015
this is sooo anticlimatic, i dont even.... wow...

0ni_Link said:
Can someone recommend me a manga that doesnt suck, please? No joke, I'm that desperate for something good after this abomination.

wanna try black clover? they said it similar to fairy tail, but more well deliver...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 19, 2017 9:31 PM

Apr 2017
This garbage of an arc is ending, I do hope the final chapter will be decent. I'm disappointed.
May 19, 2017 10:12 PM
Apr 2016
0ni_Link said:

Try One Piece man!!!
May 19, 2017 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
To be fair Lucy did rewrite Natsu's soul book thing so him beating zeref is not out of nowhere.
Hope ichiya and anna are alive.
May 19, 2017 10:48 PM

Jan 2016
lmao this is so bad
May 20, 2017 12:54 AM
Apr 2014
welp, Natsu is Saitama now
May 20, 2017 1:58 AM

Jul 2012
Stopped commenting at some point cause you think mb next chapter/soon it will get better, but this was only going down and down. Can't say anything other than it was atrocious ... I think new project from Mashima is already announced and after reading this i don't think can be hyped even a little bit.
May 20, 2017 2:01 AM
Dec 2015
The WORST chapter I've ever had the displeasure of laying my eyes upon! I can't believe I EVER enjoyed this worthless, putrid, disgusting and INCOMPREHENSIVLY STUPID SERIES! Hiro Mashima is a huge HACK!
May 20, 2017 2:02 AM
Dec 2015
0ni_Link said:

These are my personal picks.

The Seven Deadly Sins
My Hero Academia
Promised Neverland
May 20, 2017 2:16 AM
Jan 2017
NaruNaruNaru said:
WTF is this?! Zeref becomes a white god then defeated with a single punch from Natsu suddenly...i know that Mashima want end it.. but he is throwing his own (ex masterpiece) into the trash literally

Ex-Masterpiece? When could have been this series labeled as a "masterpiece"? This series has been bad for 400+ chapters, with nothing but horribly copy-paste styled arcs, boring and stereotypical characters and 0 excitement in battles as you always know who wins. On top of it, it had the most boring and one-dimensional cardboard villains I've ever seen. Unsatisfying arc conclusions, dumb Deus Ex Machinas, illogical cliffhangers and 0 zero manga logic in terms of power level, character decisions and such. Nothing makes sense when you think about things for 2 minutes. Natsu is the most unsympathetic main character I have ever witnessed.

It's clichéd, horrible and was only good back in the beginning as it offered some nice ideas that were quickly ran into the ground and beaten to death for 400+ chapters. This chapter is the biggest pile of shit I've seen for FT. Mashima should just go and draw hentai, since this is what he has been wanting for such a long time as shown with the increase in FT fan service.

0ni_Link said:

One Piece manga won't disappoint you. Oda puts a lot of work into his planning and it pays off. Impressive foreshadowing (maybe the best in the manga genre), big conflicts, great world building, diverse characters with their own motivation, understandable power level (main characters aren't overpowered like in FT), diverse arc-schemes, tackles social themes like racism, slavery and such. Has no bad writing as Oda doesn't write for the next cliffhanger but for the whole arc itself. It also has a journey and a feeling of progress the more you read it compared to FT where just villains pop out of nowhere. Arcs build on top of each other as they introduce and foreshadow bigger events for the later series. Deus Ex Machinas and twists sometimes come out nowhere but always make complete sense when you think about them. It's an unpredictable series where in the end things still make sense as Oda is great at writing his story. He puts all of his work towards OP and isn't like Mashima who stopped giving a shit about his series 400 chapters ago.
MorayneMay 20, 2017 2:28 AM
May 20, 2017 3:00 AM
Nov 2015
Illyricus said:
Did Acnologia got defeated by Ichiya and Anna pushing him down in the time lapse with the ship? I have read that wrong and are my eyes fooling me?
We talk about Acnologia, the most hyped up antagonist of the whole series, the one who exterminated the dragons, the one who raped the entire Fairy Tail Guild in the Tenrou Island, the one who killed Igneel in front of Natsu, the one who everyone in the series feared with his mere mention, the one who in his human form was able to trash a dude who thrased the elite of Ishgal... He couldn't be defeated in such crappy way. Right?... Right?!... RIGHT?!

I mean, I already assumed Zeref's battle would be crap since the last two chapters (thing that ended being true, in the most classic Fairy Tail example), but I cannot believe Mashima actually defeated Acnologia that way. More than 100 chapters expecting an awesome battle after all that build up, and he is beaten in one of the shittiest ways to defeat a villain I have ever seen. Bleach's final battle is a masterpiece compared with that (who is not saying much). He wasn't even confronted by Natsu after how the manga implied he would face him one day.
I still expect that maybe (MAYBE), Acnologia will rip the time lapse and present a proper battle (there are still 10 chapters after all), but looking at the way the conclusion it's present, I doubt it.

Mashima, you just have one job, ONE FRIGGIN JOB, and you ruined it misserably. Even Erza being Erza would have been better, at least it would have been hilarious. He basically just created a new level in the bullshit scale, even after the thing of Erza destroying the meteor with all her bones broken. That is even admirable in it's own way.

For what me refers, the manga could end next chapter and I wouldn't shed any tears. I'm terribly disappointed.

Couldn't have put it better myself buddy.

FT is a hot pile of mess, reduced to utter crap. 10 chapters and I'll finally be free of this shit.
May 20, 2017 3:11 AM

Jan 2017
NaruNaruNaru said:

LMAO. Are you serious?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.