Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 3, 2017 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
They made Pudding the nicest person ever to probably make the wedding a little harder to cancel.

Big Mom's big reveal, pun intended. I wonder what her abilities are, surely she's ridiculously strong.
May 3, 2017 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Lel wow it went full Disney to introduce Big Mama there!

I like Pudding, this should be a good arc!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 3, 2017 6:29 AM
Jan 2016
this is one of the spiciest arc as far as i know.

don't worry Minna, everyone will be shocked later in this arc.so i won't spoil it.

May 4, 2017 8:48 AM
Feb 2017
Amande is so badass, Luffy is so straightforward and dumb as always, Pudding is cuter and sweeter than her in the manga and lastly, Big Mom's musical opera is so brilliant plus Big Mom VA's voice is beautiful....

5/5
May 5, 2017 5:30 AM

Nov 2014
I don't remember getting the creeps from something this colourful ever! The musical was too dark and cheerful! Also, when the shock when she knew luffy is already here O.O

I replayed the musical 100 times, and I am still amazed by it.
May 6, 2017 10:14 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was ok, also Luffy and Nami met Pudding. That final song was so good, the animation, scenes, references and messages, it's like the kind side hiding the dark side.
Jun 2, 2017 11:11 AM

May 2014
I feel like I watched the most screwed up Beauty and the Beast spin-off.

That musical number was equal parts creepy and catchy- especially with all the disturbing murdering for cake ingredients stuff going on. Totto Land really is a paradise...but at what price??

Pudding is all sorts of endearing and cute too- so she's a Patisserie?? Gosh, the marriage might be arranged, but she really does seem like Sanji's perfect match.

For now.

This episode also cast a bit of shade on Pedro- I wonder if he's been to Whole Cake Island before, or has another reason (aside from gratitude) why he wanted to tag along?

And Big Mom also knows that Luffy's arrived on the island!!! O_O
I don't think Reiju would've blabbed so I wonder how she found out...given the magic carpet, chocolate houses and general twisted Disney thing this arc has going on, I'm half expecting Big Mom to own a magic mirror lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2017 4:35 PM

Jun 2017
Since it started all that fucking (how would I say it in English?: stuffed eps or stuffing eps, you say it) I have not been interested in One Piece too much and with this episode I was getting a little excited for what is going to happen from now, scary for that creepy Big Mom's song, and little angry and in love with Pudding...

Let's hope that Toei doesn't let us down with the animation of the episodes or mess with the story from the manga from now.
Jun 25, 2017 5:44 AM

May 2010
Dat musical number at the end O_O Unexpected, but kinda darn good.

Also, Pudding seems like a real sweetheart, I was expecting someone more... bitchy?
Jul 16, 2017 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
That was a hell of an introduction for Big Mom.
Pudding really looks and acts cute, Sanji should be glad he gets to amrry her.
Sep 20, 2017 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
What the fuck. That song is so fucked up

Oct 17, 2017 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
I honestly cannot picture Big Mom being as strong as Kaidou or Shanks xD
Oct 29, 2017 5:35 AM

Jan 2009
Oh God! this episode felt like a creepy version of a Disney movie!
Dec 4, 2017 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
Such an eerie song. We're gonna have a big treat for sure.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 27, 2017 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
Pudding is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro <3

Mama already knows about Luffy, that was fast.

Looks like Mama has a good side, every race in OP can live on the islands, unexpected.

I hope there won't be more musicals, it's not my cup of tea.
Feb 11, 2018 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
strange Disney vibes, especially with the song.
May 22, 2020 11:55 PM
Dec 2014
Why are people spoiling who Pudding is here?
Jun 1, 2020 6:19 AM

Jun 2016
A seemingly perfect but almost definitely horrible land ruled by a corrupt ruler feels familiar after Dressrosa, but I’m curious to see what Whole Cake island will be like. Big Mom may not discriminate based on race but perhaps she’s equally horrible to everyone!

Carrot feels at home already. Enjoying food with the gang, getting excited to explore, catching Brook as he falls. I’m glad she’s around. And I’m sure as a temporary crew member she will get some serious depth. Pedro had an interesting interaction with a fellow mink this episode too. I wondered if the mink’s tears were tears of salvation that he had been saved by Pedro’s visit here.

After Luffy and Chopper ate through a cafe, someone who was introduced as ‘owner of the cafe’ rather than Pudding by the name tag appeared. That distinction, only hearing her name verbally, set off some alarms in my head. Perhaps that is being overly paranoid so for now, let’s assume everything regarding her is true. She is Pudding, she makes chocolate and is very pleased to feed people which would make her and Sanji a power couple, and she is incredibly kind. She did the Joestar and pulled a ‘they’re my friends and the plan was for them to destroy the cafe’. That said, in the end Luffy did announce who he was to her. By the way, her voice actress immediately stood out to me as Makoto from Yakuza 0. I like her voice.

Outside of Pudding, the ending sequence introduced much of the Big Mom family. With a creepy song starting and a beautifully horrific, long necked woman approaching an army, it was an incredible ending sequence. All of the strange members of Mom’s crew murdered entire islands to steal their supplies in quite the gruesome display of hordes of bodies timed with a musical number on Mom’s side. Blood or strawberry jam? Who cares! Mom also knows of Luffy’s arrival somewhat unsurprisingly, but how much she knows is unclear. If she is aware of Pekoms sneaking Luffy in, assuming Pekoms didn’t rat Luffy out, then this could be especially bad. The gang could walk right into a trap.
Jul 2, 2020 1:24 AM
Sep 2019
So funny when chopper and luffy is fat after eating chocolate cafe hahahaha.

And i like big mom singing with she son.
Jul 13, 2021 5:30 PM

May 2016
I suppose it's safe to say that Pudding's a really good girl and I really hope that it'll stay that way considering that Luffy and the others are Sanji's friends.

Whole Cake Island's territories may make it seem that Big Mom's a big-hearted person who only wants all life to live in harmony but that's only a facade to cover for the horrifying things that her crew do to satisfy their leader's every whim.

The musical number Big Mom did looked like it was straight out of a Disney movie a la Alice in Wonderland but there's just something that makes the whole thing so eerie and disturbing. I guess that it's because of the parallel between the sugary characters and the atrocities that are happening for the sake of procuring ingredients.

Aug 18, 2021 8:01 AM

Jun 2019
Big Mom is a Disney character... CONFIRMED!!!
Sep 3, 2021 10:22 PM

Aug 2021
Big Mom's song was creepy af

and ofc she already knew he's here
May 13, 2022 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
Big Mom: The Musical! A story of fluffy, cutesy carnage & bubbly terror. Not gonna lie, I might be turning into a fan if she keeps up those antics.

Instantly fell for Pudding though. When a man has to decide between marrying the ideal waifu vs finding All Blue with King of the Pirates...
Aug 31, 2022 1:51 PM
Dec 2020
yo song was epic af
Jun 5, 2023 2:44 PM
Aug 2022
That is gross, I'm itching all over the place.

This whole cake and sweets setting is ridiculous, I hope the story gets good.
Jul 27, 2023 1:59 AM
Oct 2021
The ending is extremely disturbing loved it
Aug 22, 2023 12:33 AM
Jul 2022
Buenísimo. No puede haber mejor introducción a Whole Cake que esa canción.
Sep 16, 2023 10:09 PM
Jun 2022
dam big mom a savage gathering all those mats
Jan 16, 1:30 AM
Oct 2019
Tbh i be like Luffy and Chopper as well.

So Big Mom is like Disney Princess but Obese.

That musical surprisingly good.
davidyodo24Jan 16, 1:34 AM
Feb 9, 8:13 AM
Feb 2022
Big Mom's song is worthy of a Disney movie. When I saw Totto Land, I thought Big Mom was a nice pirate, until I saw the other islands. Pudding seems too nice to be Big Mom's daughter. She must be hidden something.

Spanish translation:
La canción de Big Mom es digna de película de Disney. Cuando vi Totto Land, pensé que Big Mom era una pirata amable, hasta que vi las otras islas. Pudding se ve demasiado amable para ser hija de Big Mom. Algo debe ocultar.
Apr 21, 5:12 AM
Apr 2022
one of the top 3 at least
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 356 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 4, 2008

56 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 353 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

75 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Byakuya692 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.