Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Dec 22, 2016 8:15 PM

Mar 2015
So in the end, Angelo didn't finish exacting his revenge by killing Nero. But in a way he does? Cause Nero gets to be the one that lives with all the loss, just like what Angelo had to live with.

8/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 30, 2016 6:55 AM
Mar 2014
*WHAT HAPPENED*

The by far most probable chance at like a 90% certainty is that both lived. First off, no this was not one of those super open ended endings, it was open ended but only to a small extent. Like many people have said Nero didn't shoot Avilio just like back 7 years ago, and that smile at the end said it all. He purposely missed his shot which was meant to signify allowing him to escape, or in this case, to cut ties with him, this is then reinforced by the ocean washing away the footprints of both finalising the ending of their friendship. To those who dont believe this, literally just think, think about the kind of man Nero is, how even after all that he just stayed with Avilio, ESPECIALLY the part where he let him drive (for those who remember the inside joke between Nero and Avilio), Nero imo and most other critics, definitely did not shoot him but simply said goodbye to a once friend in a masterful way (which ive already mentioned) and that's essentially it. Also the Galassia seeing him may be interpreted differently however, doesn't change what happened between Nero and Avilio at the end.
Dec 31, 2016 1:23 PM
Dec 2014
Ruu said:
I think they both died. Nero killed Avilio and the guy in the car recognised Nero, followed him and killed him.That's why the footsteps disappear....

That's my impression as well.
Jan 6, 2017 10:13 AM

Jan 2015
Man, I will miss that show. Loved the ending. Generally, I like anime that all the characters die :P. 9/10
Jan 9, 2017 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
low rating? ppl on MAL so retarded or what
Jan 12, 2017 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
It was a bit of a mess, and I've never been much for revenge stories, but the characters were interesting, as was the relationship of Nero and Angelo. Things could have been fleshed out better, but they did well with only 12 episodes.

8/10.
Jan 15, 2017 3:58 PM
Mar 2015
I want second season!!! OMG. That was really good.
Hope they both still alive..

10/10 - masterpiece for me. *^*
Jan 15, 2017 9:06 PM
Jan 2009
I am watching the dub (I prefer this version to the sub) to this episode as I write this. An important thing to remember is that Angelo was 1 of those heroes that was also a villain. So, if he died, he may have had it coming to him.
Jan 16, 2017 12:12 AM

Sep 2016
I can't tell whether Angelo is dead or alive since we didn't exactly SEE his body, but Nero is still alive (Um ... yay?). I guess Nero and Angelo can't go back to being best buds after Angelo's big reveal and what he's exactly done to Nero.
I like how it's got that this isn't just about Angelo's revenge, but also his resolve with his loneliness and his past while Nero's is possibly becoming the Don and not killing Angelo when he could've.
I guess if they showed what happened to Angelo it wouldn't be as bittersweet and we'd probably want more (Which some people will want anyway, but it won't happen)
Jan 18, 2017 12:16 PM
Jan 2016
I don't know if i like or hate the ending
91 days got me hyped every episode
I love the story so much
Jan 18, 2017 11:27 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Who knew Japan could make such a good gangster story?

Overall, this was a very good show. This is coming from someone who isn't even a fan of the genre.

Not a fan of open endings though, they just tend to bother me more than make me think. I'd like to think he let Avilio live. Letting him live with the same pain as he does now that neither have nothing to live for.

Funimation did an excellent job with this dub. It really enhanced the show's overall presentation with genuine sounding accents and terminology.

8/10
Jan 20, 2017 10:30 AM

May 2015
One of the few gems that pops up on a yearly basis,I never thought they could pull out something like this in just 12 episodes.Btw Avilio is still alive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 10:54 AM
Oct 2016
Had decided to take the ending literally and see it as Nero having shot Avilio, and was feeling pretty bummed out about this. But seeing all these alternative view points on whether either/both lived or died brings some hope that maybe they both got a second chance at life (although I doubt it).

And yeah, dem footprints keep bothering me. Especially how Avilio's footprints stop behind Nero's even though he'd walked on ahead of him.

Altogether, a great mafia series that doesn't lose track of its plot. Loved it, and wish there could have been more than just 12 episodes.
Feb 11, 2017 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
I personally think Nero missed and let Angelo go because Nero knew the whole backstory about Angelo's life and origin. The score had been settled. Both families were destroyed and both their lives were ruined and after everything that had happened, Nero would find one more death to be as pointless as the others. When Angelo ran away from the house as a child and heard that gunshot miss, it was the beginning of a new life for Angelo so maybe it was the same this time, too: a gunshot to signify a new beginning for him once again but one that is more on the right path. Also, the series was always very literal about who died since every time there was a death, you could clearly see the body and there was no debate about when someone died. The only exception would have been the ending where you don't see any body.

I was uncertain about this series at first but it ended up being very well-paced and presented its story rather well. I'm sure a lot of anime fans may be put off by it because it isn't a "typical" anime but fans of the Prohibition Era, gangster style movies would find a lot to love here in terms of the actual storytelling style. This will probably end up as a hidden gem of 2016 as time goes on since it isn't the type of series the anime community makes as a popular series even if it was pretty good. For a 12 episode series, it did everything it needed to do.

8/10
Feb 26, 2017 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
Really generic story as far as mafia and revenge stories go. Very lukewarm in so many ways. If the point was to show that life is pointless then this was very good in that front, including the ending as it doesn't really matter who lived and who died.

Reading how I felt about it you would think I disliked it but I didn't. It was mildly enjoyable, predictable, ordinary and that's sometimes worse than being bad, because it means apathy and mediocrity. Just very little impact all around.

6/10
Mar 9, 2017 3:20 AM
Sep 2016
HibiChika said:
more like it has been delayed.

I THINK AVILLIO IS ALIVE BECAUSE OF THE FLORIDA MAGAZINE THEY SHOWED MUTIPLE TIMES
Mar 21, 2017 9:36 PM
Mar 2017
Noooooo Avilio!!!!!!!T-T
But seriously, that was a gangster movie way of ending this badass and awesome anime...so good or bad? Well, half half. I mean, I did knew that Avilio(which I got myself way too attach even though I knew he was probably gonna die...--_--) wasn't gonna make it seeing he's vengeance complete with everyone he cared about dead, without mentioning that he didn't even fucking cared if he lived or died anymore. But I guess I'm mad cause my favorite character died, but I'm mostly disappointed since the ending was a little too predictable... But I guess I should just be happy that Avilio was finally able to rest in peace...or not?...
Apr 7, 2017 7:49 PM

Apr 2015
This anime was kinda like watching a train run into a bus. The train is this anime and the bus is my feels. Watching a train hit a bus would be kinda cool, except you know there are people on the bus. I kinda knew what was going to happen and I didn't really want to see it, but I couldn't look away. How big is the crash going to be? Will the bus blow up or get ripped in half? Will anybody survive? I can only hope so.

In the end, it was an exciting train crash. It was spectacular and entertaining, yet at the same time, horrific and sad.

Now all I can do is pick up the pieces of the bus, marvel at the power of the train as it come to a slow stop way too late to save the bus, and wonder if the two survivors make it to the hospital.
Apr 8, 2017 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Footstep this footstep that... Why did this happen, how did this happen... I applause for those people who were able to inspect such minute things as 'footstep'. Ok it makes sense to say that Nero just pretended to kill Avilio so he tried to shoot him in the end and show that glassis guy that he killed Avilio. If Nero missed his mark to shoot Avilio, then why didn't Avilio say anything when Nero missed? Where did Avilio hide if he did not die? There's now where place to hide in a beach. There can be a possibility that Nero killed or did not kill Avilio. Why shroud this whole thing in mystery? And Nero telling that blond guy that 'I will give Avilio a reason to live' IS BEFORE NERO KNOWING THE WHOLE TRUTH ABOUT AVILIO!!!!! Nero did not know Avilio's past in that time. If he knew, would he say that??

Ok ok lets take Nero and Avilio ending scene out of the picture. A lot of people thought that when Avilio had no choice but to kill Corteo, Avilio will kill Nero and Vincent so that his friend, no 'his brother's' death won't be in vain. But did that even happen? That idiot Avilio did not kill Vincent nor Nero. It's so ridiculous that a friend can kill his childhood but not his enemies who killed Avilio's family. Avilio is such a despicable person. He did not have strong desire for revenge or he would have killed Nero or Vincent. What Avilio wanted to do from the start ended with NO RESULT! Thoughout the series, Avilio had a eye which looked so dark that he was always yearning for revenge. Where did that go in the end? Instead, Avilio should have stayed in his home in chicago (or was it somewhere else?)
removed-userApr 9, 2017 10:25 PM
Apr 15, 2017 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
I seriously love this series and I wish both Nero and Avilio lived.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 15, 2017 3:18 PM
Jan 2016
there must be 2nd season to finish the theories about nero killed angelo or angelo survived .. but dying of angelo is more sensible i mean he lived for his revenge what will he do after the end ? built a new family ? that's funny . and the saddest part of the anime was corteo's death... he should be lived
Apr 25, 2017 12:28 AM

Sep 2009
Holy shit this was actually good.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 1, 2017 10:27 PM
May 2017
YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG.. U SEE THE ENDING THAT NERO SMILED? AND U SEE THAT SARDINES OR WHAT EVER CAN THAT IS? THAT WAS FROM THE GUY THEY LEFT AT THE STORE.. SO ANGELO LEFT WITH THAT GUY AND NERO DIED AT THE END.. THATS WHY HE SMILED
May 19, 2017 2:29 AM
Mar 2010
Despite having a strong script and good characters, I felt the show wasn't well executed. There were multiple scenes where I felt "This could've been done so much more better."

Still a good show though.

7/10
May 29, 2017 12:43 AM

Jun 2015
Fitting ending, honestly. I honestly think the ending is meant to be ambiguous. It's really up to how the viewer sees it, if Nero killed Avilio or not. Honestly, I can kind of believe both sides. Nero could've seen him as having a right to kill him, but honestly both of their families were dead because of each other and the score was settled. And then they showed the magazine of Florida a lot, maybe Avilio just went there or something.
I love how Nero went "You do not need a reason to live. Just live." and then just "Hey I told you that you don't need a reason to live, but I'll just end your life right here man."
Overall, this anime was good. It's nice seeing a chance in anime, espeically one in the Prohibition era. There were some parts of the anime that were "This is really poorly done" but overall I give it a 8/10.

terryphan said:
So why is the anime called 91 days when it looks like it ended on day 12? I feel like I'm missing something.

It's because Avilio's revenge took him a span of 91 days.
Jun 16, 2017 9:10 AM
Feb 2016
pgmhecateii said:
There's some OVA or something and I hope it wraps this up...

There is a trailer for ep13

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uq2R9HBpKLI

Perhaps it's mainly about their past. There is still a possibility that some future events are contained though...
Jun 24, 2017 4:09 PM
Feb 2016
Will.. that's a surprisingly ending
Liked this show specially the trip they made together and they purde there hearts to each other ....

The accents are perfect specially in a gangs show

I give it 8/10 since the 3ed episode
Jul 18, 2017 2:31 AM

Sep 2015
I just can't think about how it should be. I would say I want both of them to live.

And also, where the hell is Fio? You know, Nero has someone still left in his life, how can anyone forget her?
Be you..
~Jerry589
Jul 18, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2014
i expected more from the ending..... and damm i was geting rly bored with all the mafia shit..i was more interested in hes revenge. and if it ..actually had some backstory on how Angelo had to live alone..focusing more on hes trauma ..cuz that time skip... rly.. just didn't feel right... which when lead to the ending... felt rly anticlimactic

i mean like... WE BARELY had a proper episode to rly feel the impact of hes family dying had on him
yeah.. i mean.. srsly for an anime that was based on a ''somewhat deep'' revenge story ... it was rly cliche ... i mean yeah.. its something to be not laughed at..losing ur family is rly a dreadful thing... but they just throws it in ur face.. and expect you to feel something ? This is like sasuke all over again

also the way the show started.. was wayyyy to convenient... hes best friend just happened. to have created some magic alcohol that was used as a bargaining chip in literally everything he just happened to meet Nero on the very first day.. just happened to have made some quick new connections with the vanetti family...

btw there was that small arc where a 9foot mexican guy was chasing after them... and it ended so anti climactic i thought he was superhuman or something

also he killed hes friend..... i thought he only wanted revenge ..yet he still had the guts to ruin hes Friends life to get hes revenge.. and in the end it was all meaningless .. hes friend died for nothing... as well both of there familys were dead.. but they had each other... and it was still not enough... its like.. that scene was created for the purpose of generating '''feels'''
TheDiabolicEsperJul 19, 2017 4:08 AM

Jul 27, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2017
I liked this episode because for the first time Avilio shows his emotions but I got confused at the end, did he die or not?
Aug 2, 2017 2:36 PM

Jul 2009
I think leaving the end ambiguous as they did was a good choice considering how the story played out. I happen to love endings like this because it brings up so much discussion on the anime. Although, I'd like to think that Nero killed Angelo, in the place of his choosing(respect and all), I'd also like to think at this point, they both have nothing to lose and that would be why he would have kept Angelo alive. This way they both continue to live knowing the pain of losing ones they love, and the whole "you don't need a reason to live, you just live" really strikes the point here.
-Jenn
Aug 29, 2017 1:24 AM

Dec 2013
Decent ending for a decent gangster story.
Sep 9, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2013
It was a slow start, but I'm glad I stuck this one through til the end bc the latter half was fantastic. I had it as a 6.5 and was planning on rounding down to a 6, but from ep 8 til the end was awesome.

I like how there were many unpredictable scenes in this anime. Like how Corteo killed Fango, Angelo having to kill Corteo, the ways that Angelo manipulated everyone to do what he plans out, how the Galassia don was killed to take out the Vanettis... everything.

7/10! Thought about doing an 8, buuuuut I really couldn't get over the slow start of this haha. Now that I finished and reviewing the series mentally, the dark somber mood was nice throughout. And I'm completely in love with the opening song. I liked the ending too, how Nero shot Angelo like Angelo predicted previously. The difference is that Nero can now shoot "the brat that got away back then." And he did. He seemed satisfied with it as well. I'm assuming that can of pineapples was from Angelo so that's sweet :') if things were played out differently, they would've been a great team together. Even after all the shit that happened, they still managed to get along during their last few days of travel before Angelo dies. That's some beautiful, twisted, ridiculous shit right there. Lol.

Worth.
Kokoro_KotashimaSep 9, 2017 1:44 AM
Oct 6, 2017 4:52 PM

May 2017
ReddayeSocks said:
I like to think that Avilio turned into the canned food at the end in the passengers seat.

LOL this cracks me up....

Having said that I gave this a 8/10...although it was close to a 9. Had they stretched this out a wee bit more to really build a little more on the main chars and maybe not go quite so fast right at the beginning (i.e. just totally skipped the 7 years...show a wee bit at least)...it would DEF have gotten a 9. I think they could've accomplished most of that via like 2 more episodes too, so wouldn't of took much. Good show though...def worth the watch.
StacycmcOct 6, 2017 4:59 PM
Oct 12, 2017 2:24 PM

Sep 2010
And so this anime managed to surprise me yet again. I really would never though that the last episode would look like this.

As for whatever MC is alive or dead... halfway through the show I already though that it will be really weird if MC does survive till the very end and especially after Cotero died, it felt like a sealed deal but now we were left with unclear ending.

In anime one, I often follow the principle of "If I didn't see the body then it means character isn't dead"... this should be the truth especially for the MC... but here I can't use this rule as it's clear that the author of the story wanted for the viewers to decide for themselves whatever MC dies or not.

Hmm... to be honest if there was fan gathering of this anime and there was a discussion on the topic whatever MC was killed or not, I could join either group and bring up arguments for both sides... so I guess I will give up on thinking about that.

When it first started I watched two episodes and put it on long break but now that I got back to it, it was truly worth the watch and really. MC was a beast!
Oct 14, 2017 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Good anime. 8 out of 10. I don't know if Angelo is killed or not but I don't care. At least in the end, he got his revenge.
Oct 19, 2017 2:39 PM

May 2016
I would have loved if they would team up together to take uppon Galasia after 5 years or so, I hate these kind of an ending just tell us if he is dead or not you damn writer. 8/10 I really enjoyed episode 11 the most.
Oct 21, 2017 3:45 PM
Oct 2017
I'm late but I just finally decided to watch this anime and found this post after googling insight on the ending.

1. In the woods when Nero holds Avilio(Angelo) up against the tree he asked him, why he couldn't kill him and also told him everything could change, if you recall an earlier episode when he was told Nero had to die right after he became the Don...Avilio said you could kill him now right? Or are you still afraid...

2. I believe that Nero Killed Avilio because he told him it could have all been different if he killed him 7 years ago...would you as a viewer , if put in the same position make the same mistake 2x?

3. Another way it could be interpreted is that Avilio was telling him that if he doesn't kill him things will go down the drain again. Not sure what happened to Nero's sister but I am guessing she was still alive unless I missed it.

4. The waves seem to be saying that your life is just footprints in the sand and when you meet your days end, everything will be erased and your mark will disappear from the earth as if you never existed. (I.E life is meaningless)

5. The anime made sure to show Don Vinetti explaining that him killing Angelo's family was pointless and he could have found another way so maybe that means in the next season assuming there might be one, Avilio and Nero will find another way. But I doubt it, this anime was meant to be dark and it portrayed that very well. That's why the color was dead and every seen was very gloomy.

6. The pineapples were a reference to Avilio grabbing them for them to eat from the drugstore in the beginning of the show, he was reminded of his friendship of a lost soul who would not return probably meaning he was dead.

That's all I've got lol.
Oct 25, 2017 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
"You don't need a reason to live. You just live."
I can't explain in any rational way how much this quote resonates with me.
I'm sick of hearing bullshit about, "needing a purpose".
The only purpose we are meant to have is to enjoy life.
Oct 28, 2017 4:09 PM
Oct 2017
I like the episode and i think that both are alive but they chose different ways... im still sad for Corteo :c i would never think that angelo shot his friend, but he did :c
Dec 6, 2017 6:53 AM

Jan 2017
Well-written for the most part - episode 4 is still an outcast - and professionally directed.

Well-done overall, for a revenge story.
Contemporary0091Apr 4, 2018 5:14 AM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Dec 7, 2017 2:16 AM

Jan 2017
There was a nihilist-like approach to life and also revenge. It was neither bad or good. The story had no moral.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Dec 8, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty sure they are both dead. Infact that can at the end sealed the deal for me, it was a tribute to Avilio, and the Galassia guys killed off Nero, that's why you got that fade in the end.

This was a masterpiece, and precisely because of the many reasons the OP has mentioned as well, the supernatural thing in Buccano just ruined it for me, and this was so real, I could relate to a lot things and themes in this anime. The animation style was very unique as well. 10/10 for me
ThRippJckDec 8, 2017 8:25 AM
Dec 27, 2017 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at dude using his finger as a gun.
Nero is here.
Dat smile.
Dat shoot out.
LMAO at Cerotto.
DAMN! Tigre got sprayed! Got him doing the Harlem Shake while sitting down.
LMAO at Cerotto.
Dat flashback.
Dat ocean.
Angelo didn't want to kill Nero.
Dat shot. Angelo can't die.
Where's Angelo?
Dem footprints.

And that was the tale of Nero... Angelo. It was good. TK made such an amazing song. Couldn't wait to hear it each episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 9, 2018 5:43 AM
Nov 2015
Looks like things had an open ending unexpectedly. In the car scene, I loved Angelo's expression. Angelo wanted Nero and Vincent to be in a state of despair letting them feel what it means to lose everything he had seven years ago. It's a shame that Vincent died quickly. Both Nero and Angelo having a trip together again. Angelo telling Nero that his revenge was all for nothing just as the same with what Vincent had told to Nero. Nero couldn't grasp what he said since he didn't know what Angelo had been through. Since Nero had lost everything, he wished and wanted Angelo to kill him back in the theatre. But Angelo also wanted Nero to kill him back then. Angelo became emotional and told him "why didn't you kill me". If he was killed seven years ago, he didn't had to go through this. Perhaps Angelo would've found a reason to live if Corteo was still alive. But everything was gone. Apart from his revenge, he didn't feel any satisfaction at all. Nero understood that and told him if he have no reason to live, just live. Angelo didn't want to kill Nero (more or less maybe he thinks of him as a friend), and apart from not having any reason to live, he thinks it's best for Nero to kill him.

In regards to the open ending. One possibility I'd like to believe that Nero wasn't able to shoot Angelo just like seven years ago. Because he told him that if he doesn't have any reason to live then why not just live. I believe that he knew that if he would shoot Angelo, it wouldn't gain him anything. He learned that the revenge of Angelo didn't gain him any satisfaction. By doing this, it wouldn't make him satisfy at all too just as he smiled when he looked at the pineapple can that served as a memento of their friendship. If Angelo survived, I'd assume that either Nero was killed by the one on the car (most likely a Galassia) or he continued living as well. In regards to the footprint on the sea, for this possibility, I'd like to say that there were no blood or any dead body found lying, so it pretty much implies that they both continued living.

But part of me tells that there's a second possibility and this is most likely where I'd stand to believe. Nero could've shot Angelo since he didn't close his eyes when he pulled the trigger unlike seven years ago. This is where I feel strong that the car Nero passed by was the Galassia. When he smiled at the car, I'd like to believe that he shot Angelo not out of revenge, but perhaps out of mercy because of what he had been through for seven years knowing that in the end, Nero himself would die as well. As for the footprints on the sea, I believe that it symbolizes that seeing Nero's footprint is farther than Angelo's. It's most likely possible that he had lived longer than Angelo. With the washing away of their footprints, there's a chance that it's saying that both of them have departed. (So idk really what I'm saying for the first possibility)

Although I am not a fan of open endings, I'd like to say that I really loved the theme that was built here. It was really a tragic ending both for Nero and Angelo. Revenge won't get you anywhere because it wouldn't bring you satisfaction. All for nothing as what Angelo and Vincent have mentioned. I'm giving this a 9/10.
Jan 21, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2009
FuzzyPaanda said:
Looks like things had an open ending unexpectedly. In the car scene, I loved Angelo's expression. Angelo wanted Nero and Vincent to be in a state of despair letting them feel what it means to lose everything he had seven years ago. It's a shame that Vincent died quickly. Both Nero and Angelo having a trip together again. Angelo telling Nero that his revenge was all for nothing just as the same with what Vincent had told to Nero. Nero couldn't grasp what he said since he didn't know what Angelo had been through. Since Nero had lost everything, he wished and wanted Angelo to kill him back in the theatre. But Angelo also wanted Nero to kill him back then. Angelo became emotional and told him "why didn't you kill me". If he was killed seven years ago, he didn't had to go through this. Perhaps Angelo would've found a reason to live if Corteo was still alive. But everything was gone. Apart from his revenge, he didn't feel any satisfaction at all. Nero understood that and told him if he have no reason to live, just live. Angelo didn't want to kill Nero (more or less maybe he thinks of him as a friend), and apart from not having any reason to live, he thinks it's best for Nero to kill him.

In regards to the open ending. One possibility I'd like to believe that Nero wasn't able to shoot Angelo just like seven years ago. Because he told him that if he doesn't have any reason to live then why not just live. I believe that he knew that if he would shoot Angelo, it wouldn't gain him anything. He learned that the revenge of Angelo didn't gain him any satisfaction. By doing this, it wouldn't make him satisfy at all too just as he smiled when he looked at the pineapple can that served as a memento of their friendship. If Angelo survived, I'd assume that either Nero was killed by the one on the car (most likely a Galassia) or he continued living as well. In regards to the footprint on the sea, for this possibility, I'd like to say that there were no blood or any dead body found lying, so it pretty much implies that they both continued living.

But part of me tells that there's a second possibility and this is most likely where I'd stand to believe. Nero could've shot Angelo since he didn't close his eyes when he pulled the trigger unlike seven years ago. This is where I feel strong that the car Nero passed by was the Galassia. When he smiled at the car, I'd like to believe that he shot Angelo not out of revenge, but perhaps out of mercy because of what he had been through for seven years knowing that in the end, Nero himself would die as well. As for the footprints on the sea, I believe that it symbolizes that seeing Nero's footprint is farther than Angelo's. It's most likely possible that he had lived longer than Angelo. With the washing away of their footprints, there's a chance that it's saying that both of them have departed. (So idk really what I'm saying for the first possibility)

Although I am not a fan of open endings, I'd like to say that I really loved the theme that was built here. It was really a tragic ending both for Nero and Angelo. Revenge won't get you anywhere because it wouldn't bring you satisfaction. All for nothing as what Angelo and Vincent have mentioned. I'm giving this a 9/10.

i lik that Fuzzy :) nice comment on the end of the last episode! :)

Jan 23, 2018 1:58 AM
Oct 2017
This is a late post but meh, i think the reason nero and avilo went on this adventure and after "you dont need a reason to live, you just live" nero probably killed avilo makes alot of sense. Nero i think wanted revenge on avilo since he killed everyone close to nero and all avilo had was his life so i think nero gave avilos life some value before taking it. Nero gave avilos life purpose and a value since before the adventure avilo was already dead.
Mar 26, 2018 8:35 PM

Oct 2011
been a while since I've seen a cringe series. and this is realistic too. >.>;
great show overall tho. I'm impressed.
and ofc, goes to show the gangster life is one you can't get out of. true story.

Apr 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Dec 2009
Having watched the English Dub and heard the Japanese English Sub a little I believe the English Dub is better.
Very good acting from a cast who can perform a wider range of real (good acting) emotion I think, along with the fact of being able to have the characters have realistic accents and fluent italian words.

Honestly watching the trailer I expected and was hoping for a sociopath protagonist who would slaughter for revenge but instead we got a very serious cool collected calculated planning smart protagonist who is a very skilled mix martial artist.

Instead of a more dark story, the tone was serious and chill for lack of a better word or explanation. Few times the music added to the drama but even then the scenes' pace and mood of the whole show was pretty laid back in a way. Maybe realistic with how they didn't add much theater if at all to it.

I gotta say that the plots, especially for the first half were a little dull and bland.
I don't know if it's just me but. I didn't really understand the situation of the story and the whole mafia deal of what the fuck's happening and why a lot of times. Not sure if it's clear but it's not to me.

The art and animation was pretty damn beautiful. I could go on a little more about it but let's just say it was really good. Great for what it is.

I didn't really understand it but. I still find it weird how Nero doesn't do shit when he finds Angelo kill the first guy...

The second half even if the mood and pace was still pretty chill we had a little more moments that were exciting and shocked me with emotion which was satisfying even though there wasn't that much of that in the show.
Like the guys eating the boss' body in lasagna, that bastard viciously getting killed by his friend Cortteo, the sister killing her husband, the ending of course, his trauma of him killing his friend. ... Unfortunately that was too short but I liked the drama of him getting traumatized over it. Probably a few other things that I can't remember.

I find it interesting how they showed little of his martial arts near the beginning only and never showed it again after the first like 4 episodes. At that point I was expecting a lot of martial arts fights. Heck, that plot with the hitman was dull. Weird. Fucking dog, come on.

I was more entertained near the second half but I gotta be honest. It was a nice decent watch for what it was but I'll never watch it again. It wasn't great. But I guess it was pretty interesting in a way for being different.

I like how we finally see Angelo crack and cry in the end. That was awesome.

... 6/10.
Apr 23, 2018 2:52 PM

May 2013
For me like others this show have failed to make me care about it's world, it's characters and it's events.

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.