Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2015
We all know this show is a Masterpiece already the bar is set really high with this.Would it be able to match or even surpass its predecessor or will it just be like the show's these days that are quickly forgotten, What do you guys think?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 5:22 AM

Jun 2009
zurgboy00 said:
We all know this show is a Masterpiece already the bar is set really high with this.Would it be able to match or even surpass its predecessor or will it just be like the show's these days that are quickly forgotten, What do you guys think?

I don't think it would be able to match or even surpass its predecessor, but hopefully it will be good.

Now given how many shows come out each season that are full fan service, I really hope this show doesn't fall into that category, but if it does, then the Synopsis will going something like this:

In humanity's distant future, two interstellar states—the monarchical Small-Girls-With-Big-Tits Galactic Empire and the democratic Freedom Of Tit Size Alliance—are embroiled in a never-ending war for the power and dominion over the size of tits. The story focuses on the exploits of rivals Reinhard von Müsel and Yang Wen Li as they rise to power and fame in the Small-Girls-With-Big-Tits Galactic Empire and the democratic Freedom Of Tit Size Alliance. Reinhard fights for the dictatorship over tit size, while Yang fights for the freedom of all, now matter how big or small their tits are.
Aug 3, 2016 7:01 PM
Sep 2014
I think it will live my expectations.
The original series show how they should tell a story. Usually i would "hell no!" to 110 episode long series, but man this was biggest anime someone created. Bar is raised so high that there is no way that another political/war drama will come anywhere near it. So much details, amazing story telling, interesting characters and the music...damn.

I think they will create some "above the average" show by todays standards.
Aug 6, 2016 6:28 AM

May 2015
Honestly I don't really know what to think, for me it will be difficult to surpass the original series, I think they will putt improved graphics but with fewer episodes.
Aug 8, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2015
I think they might try to make it totally different from the old series. I mean we already have the old OVA series and people that like it can just watch that.

It wouldn't be that bad if it was in a different/modern style and getting new and younger fans to like LotGH (which then might also start to watch the old series later ... especially if new series is too fast paced or not animating everything).

The old tech stuff they used ... someone mentioned it here or in the other thread. Would be interesting to see it modernized and changed to fit modern techonlogy. I think this is even changed for the new Sailor Moon where they use new/modern smartphones which they did not use in the old version.

Same could be for LotGH where I remember old-style phones and stuff like that. As long as it does not interfere with the plot too much they could change it to newer stuff.

I'd prefer more of Tanaka Yoshikis other works to get adapted. Arslan still airing (maybe it will get more seasons) with the new series that is adapting more than the old fast paced short OVA. LotGH already completely animated with the old OVA.

Tytania (but afaik the novel plot isn't even finished) and Yakushiji Ryouko .. there should be more to animate. But Tytania probably didn't sell well. New LotGH might be in similar style to Tytania.
Aug 23, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2014
I'm afraid that it might be rushed. It's 110 episodes long and i don't think people who are new will be able to get to the main part - somewhere around episode 25,therefore studio Bones will get to it as fast as possible to get the attention of the audience.

I just hope it won't be as insulting as the Berserk adaptation. Fuck you studio Gemba.
Aug 23, 2016 9:20 PM

Dec 2014
I'm definitely watching it. Though I still have to watch the original.
Aug 27, 2016 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
Woah
Don't think I'll watch this unless it does a good job like HxH 2011
Aug 27, 2016 7:55 AM

Jun 2015
Ehm.. not sure if I should even post this and this is unrelevant to the thread

I liked the OVA and the movie.. I am at episode 3 xD...

I like the anime so far and I hope this will be good as well
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 22, 2016 3:18 PM

Jun 2015
No point what so ever.
Sep 22, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2013
I hope that the pace will be better than the OVA, there were too many boring moments especially in the space fights.
Sep 24, 2016 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
I think there's going to be no pleasing some people. A lot of people have been misled into thinking this is a remake of the original series, which it isn't. It's a brand new, unique adaptation of the novels. As such, there might be some similarities (look at the original artwork from the novels, the OVA series is very similar), or there might be no similarities (look at Golden Wings). Either they are looking to do a more faithful adaptation (which will probably mean a brown-haired Yang with a star as the symbol for the Alliance rather than the Chrysler pentagon), or it will be completely different (look at the 2007/English covers of the novels). That all said, Tanaka Yoshiki is basically allowed to step in at any time and say "no, you're doing it wrong!" but he hasn't as far as I know, so they must be doing something right. I'm hoping for something with a familiar feel and good voice talent with animation that's nothing like typical 2010s animation. A realistic style like the old OVA would, but even semirealistic character styles like in the Monogatari series or in Steins;Gate would be acceptable. I really am not looking forward to a kawaii Reinhard with giant eyes. I just won't be able to take the show seriously. Good sound and effects are something else I hope they stay on top of. I loved the sound in the main OVA series, but in the second Gaiden series the sounds changed way too much and the non-character animation was horrible (over reliance on computer effects and sprites). But in the end, we'll have to take what we get. I doubt anyone will say it's better than the original, even if it is better objectively. Only complete newcomers might think it's better, and even then the "old guard" who watched the originals will just say that's only because they're new to the series. Honestly, this new series is more trouble than it's worth in that sense, but they'll make plenty of money off of it and introduce a new generation of Japanese youth to it. For example, why were the Star Wars prequels so successful even though the internet seems to hate them? Because a new generation grew up on them, and Lucasfilm is amazing at marketing toys, games, and TV series (the films were worth it for the amazing games that came out of them, imo). It will be the same thing here, which if the series is similar to the OVA in art style will be a win-win for all of us. Imagine actually being able to play an LotGH game in English that isn't a mod, or being able to get new models of the spaceships from the series. Personally, I'm going to be glad just to have more LotGH to watch (unless they screw up horribly like Golden Wings), but if the new series means that many more LotGH products for the rest of the world, then that's even better. And I'm not looking at this from a capitalist view myself. I'm looking at this as a gamer and a potential collector.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Sep 26, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
Still ridiculously how almost no new news about this adaptation yet more than the Studio for it... I hope it's just because they were stupid to announce way too early thus it feel like waiting forever for it because I don't want this project to get cancelled. Well maybe I do actually want it if it's shit.
Oct 1, 2016 1:24 PM
Jul 2015
Is it going to be a remake or a whole new story?

As much as people want new content, I'd rather just have a flashy 1080p remake of the old story and rewatch it.
Oct 16, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
I don't know, I watched Arslan Senki expecting greatness because it was created by two geniuses, but it turned out to be a huge disappointment.
But anyway, since it's Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu I expect it to be decent at least, I wonder if the art style is gonna look close or very different though, I'm more concerned about that.
Oct 16, 2016 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
Gonna laugh so hard if this shit turns out to be another Golden Wings
Oct 26, 2016 12:16 AM

Apr 2014
Gonna re-watch it definitely into new animation of course. This masterpiece was forgotten and now its time to remember it.
Oct 26, 2016 12:34 AM

Feb 2014
I haven't watched the original series, but since this is being made by Production I.G, I hope Kenji Kamiyama directs this.
Oct 26, 2016 1:48 AM

Jan 2011
glorius Reinhard in HD
Oct 30, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
After Berserk 2016 I don't have hopes as high as they could be but then again the studio that did that only made Teekyuu and Production IG has more than enough experience needed.
I kind of liked the bits of filler in the ova but they're not going to make or break the story so it being another adaptation of the novel instead of an ova remake shouldn't make this any worse
Aure0linOct 30, 2016 4:04 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 1, 2016 12:14 AM

Mar 2014
I expect cancerous amounts of bandwagoners.
Nov 1, 2016 12:17 AM

Jul 2009
They're gonna amp up the yaoi factor so bad. Yang will look like Lelouch and Reinhard similar to Gilgamesh. You heard it first from me guys.
Nov 1, 2016 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
If it can be better, then I hope it will. And so far I can't find any reason why it's absolutely impossible for the new version to be better than the OVA. Tho if they want to pack the same depth and richness as the OVA then I guess they'd need similar number of eps... I wonder if it can be done within today climate of anime industry. Maybe they're going to pick and focus on some arcs and only briefly mention the rest, or maybe they'll only adapt a couple of volumes.

Alas I don't really have any substantial thoughts since they've only announced the studio for it... So rather than expectations, instead I have some hopes:
- More interesting outcomes from post-Alliance FPA vs Imperials battles. I'm pretty sure there are other ways to make Alliance wins rather than the Imperials acting like idiots.
- More interesting dynamic on the post-Alliance FPA side. The whole corrupted government was interesting but after that, boring. I FFed whenever Dusty and Poplan started to bicker
- Better written Terraist.
- Better written OVA's 4th season, if they're going to tackle it at all.

Also anticipating some unwanted, but inevitable, phenomenons:
- Fanwars between OVA's fans and new version's fans.
- If this turns out to be popular at all, it's gonna be a massive fujobait. Well, who am I to restrict people's imagination...
bossmamaDec 15, 2016 6:32 AM
Nov 1, 2016 9:12 AM

May 2012
It will be better if it does the following:

-Have good voice acting.
-Make the battles actually rely on strategy as opposed to "im yang or Im reinhardt so I win."
- Better character development
-Get rid of Julian
- Get rid of the earth cult or make them something other than a characiature cult group.
- Re-Write the ending.
-Make it so yang and reinhardt's flaws are actually flaws.
- Make more emotionally impactful moments.
Nov 13, 2016 6:45 AM
Jun 2015
My greatest fear is that they try to subtly imply/hint at an homosexual relationship between Reinhard and Kircheis... Really, that would be such an insult to their bond to me.

I hope they keep Vegeta, Cell, and Char's voice actors.
Nov 19, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
No release date yet.... I am really wanting to watch this! but a new remake is announced and dont feel like watching old one.
Nov 19, 2016 6:15 PM

Aug 2015
That sounds interesting.

Jan 7, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2015
Hopefully we'll get some more info soon. With it being announced for 2017 and now we already have 2017 ... they could at least give some planned airing date and/or info about people working on it.

I have watched Ajin and loved Satous voice. Hopefully they'll use his voice actor for one of the chars in the new Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu. (Maybe Oberstein or Schenkopp ...)
Jan 7, 2017 9:06 PM

Jul 2015
Luthandorius said:
Hopefully we'll get some more info soon. With it being announced for 2017 and now we already have 2017 ... they could at least give some planned airing date and/or info about people working on it.

I have watched Ajin and loved Satous voice. Hopefully they'll use his voice actor for one of the chars in the new Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu. (Maybe Oberstein or Schenkopp ...)
I hope it's Fall 2017, Production I.G is making This, Welcome to the Ballroom anf FLCL 2 and 3, so they're pretty busy
Sup...
Jan 7, 2017 9:07 PM

Jul 2015
reithenineteenth said:
Just give us the airing date already.
I hope it's Fall 2017, Production I.G is making This, Welcome to the Ballroom, and FLCL 2 and 3 so they're pretty busy
Sup...
Jan 29, 2017 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
Vladnar said:
My greatest fear is that they try to subtly imply/hint at an homosexual relationship between Reinhard and Kircheis... Really, that would be such an insult to their bond to me.
Didn't they already do that? The series presents a very suggestive relationship, in all parts of the story. If Kircheis were a woman, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with the relationship being something more than platonic, so what's the issue?

I'm currently reading the books, and there quite a few references to homosexuality already, as well as the tactile nature of their relationship, and Reinhard saying that Kircheis is 'more than a friend', the fact that they are two halves of the same whole... When Kircheis first meets Reinhard, he views him as an angel, something beautiful. They are always very close, and when they fight, we are told that it is as if something very precious and delicate has been broken, perhaps irreparably.

Plus, we know that Tanaka-sensei based everyone in the series on people from history. Reinhard is clearly Napoleon, but there's a lot of Alexander the Great in him, too, and we all know that he wasn't exactly heterosexual. He and Hephaestion are believed to have been sexually/romantically involved, and their bond and friendship is v. similar to Reinhard and Kircheis'.

And anyway, what's wrong with their relationship being suggestive? I agree that they don't need to kiss - that's not what the story is about - but the novels and original anime series (including prequels) are very suggestive, so it would be strange if they were to suddenly ignore all of that subtext in this new adaptation.

Personally (and I don't know why), I always saw Reinhard as a gay man. His affection for Kircheis, in my opinion, was a romantic one. Their relationship was, of course, platonic (a word which here means 'spiritual', not 'friendly', as many seem to think), but I felt Reinahrd was in love with Kircheis. However, I never felt that Kircheis reciprocated these feelings. Whether or not he loved Annerose, I don't know. He probably had an innocent crush on her when he was a child, but as he grew up, he saw it as his duty to protect Reinhard, fulfilling his promise to Annerose, and perhaps stopped viewing her in a romantic light...

If, of course, we accept that Reinhard was in love with Kircheis, then

But I digress...

Really, I don't know why a homosexual relationship (explicit or implicit) would be an 'insult' or something to 'fear'... What an odd (and rather worrying) thing to say.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jan 29, 2017 1:38 PM
Jun 2015
NERigby96 said:
Vladnar said:
Didn't they already do that? The series presents a very suggestive relationship, in all parts of the story. If Kircheis were a woman, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with the relationship being something more than platonic, so what's the issue?

I'm currently reading the books, and there quite a few references to homosexuality already, as well as the tactile nature of their relationship, and Reinhard saying that Kircheis is 'more than a friend', the fact that they are two halves of the same whole... When Kircheis first meets Reinhard, he views him as an angel, something beautiful. They are always very close, and when they fight, we are told that it is as if something very precious and delicate has been broken, perhaps irreparably.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SERIES

Plus, we know that Tanaka-sensei based everyone in the series on people from history. Reinhard is clearly Napoleon, but there's a lot of Alexander the Great in him, too, and we all know that he wasn't exactly heterosexual. He and Hephaestion are believed to have been sexually/romantically involved, and their bond and friendship is v. similar to Reinhard and Kircheis'.

And anyway, what's wrong with their relationship being suggestive? I agree that they don't need to kiss - that's not what the story is about - but the novels and original anime series (including prequels) are very suggestive, so it would be strange if they were to suddenly ignore all of that subtext in this new adaptation.

Personally (and I don't know why), I always saw Reinhard as a gay man. His affection for Kircheis, in my opinion, was a romantic one. Their relationship was, of course, platonic (a word which here means 'spiritual', not 'friendly', as many seem to think), but I felt Reinahrd was in love with Kircheis. However, I never felt that Kircheis reciprocated these feelings. Whether or not he loved Annerose, I don't know. He probably had an innocent crush on her when he was a child, but as he grew up, he saw it as his duty to protect Reinhard, fulfilling his promise to Annerose, and perhaps stopped viewing her in a romantic light...

If, of course, we accept that Reinhard was in love with Kircheis, then

But I digress...

Really, I don't know why a homosexual relationship (explicit or implicit) would be an 'insult' or something to 'fear'... What an odd (and rather worrying) thing to say.

Hello. I apologize if my choice of words sounded homophobic to you (not a native speaker). Believe me, it was not my intent.

I am also in the middle of the second book and have watched the whole OVA series but I didn't see it the way you did. I don't pretend to have the one and only truth of course, but the way I see their relationship is one of true spiritual brothers, and not one of romance. I don't think we can justify the romance with only "he's more than a friend". Although I can recall him playing with Kircheis hairs, I just saw it as something a family member would do.

Another point regarding the context, I see them as 2 people against the world, which is why I see them as interdependent spiritual brothers. Regarding Reinhard personality, he just seems too focused on his objectives to care about developing an actual loving relationship (forgive me the comparison, but a bit like Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Death note).

Therefore, in my point of view, it would be waste to turn a beautiful bond into a romance one. Perhaps the word "insult" was a tad too much, I agree with you. I hear your points and they do sound right if I look at them from your point of view. Perhaps I would not be this oblivious if Kircheis were indeed a female.

Edit: I found a comment from a post regarding the episode 12 of "A hundred billion stars" where someone phrases what I want to say in a much better way:

[quote=Beatnik message=10892367]
kerlyenai said:

but more important than that it trivialises the relationship between the two characters, which I see as an archaic yet complex brotherly love that we don't see anymore in western society because it's automatically assumed as homosexuality and shunned.

I think it might also be generational for us nowadays to automatically assume 2 guys are gays if they show any signs of being too close. Anyway, once again, I don't mind if the author actually claims they are. I just believe it downgrades their bond if love in a romantic way, is implied between the two of them.
VladnarJan 29, 2017 1:56 PM
Jan 30, 2017 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
I don't think it's generational at all. These kinds of relationships have been around in fiction for many years, and yes, usually they are interpreted in certain ways by the audience (for example, Sherlock Holmes and John Watson), but often the author deliberately put in subtext (such as Grantaire and Enjorlas in Les Misérables). These sorts of relationships are not new. Many writers put in subtext in the past because they were not able to put in explicitly homosexual characters, for fear of offending someone.

I personally have no issue; if it's gay, it's gay, and if it's not, it's not. As I said earlier, I felt that if it were gay, then it's one-sided, but I won't say that it's definitely the case in this story. While there is more than a little evidence to suggest it, I don't think there needs to be a kiss or anything like that to support the idea that it might not be entirely heterosexual, and I certainly don't think it should become the focus of the series.

SPOILER

As I said, though, a less than heterosexual relationship was hinted at in both the books and the anime. In fact, Japanese fans at the time acknowledged and commented on it. This isn't a new, 'generational' interpretation; it has been interpreted as homoerotic for years, and as such, it would be a little strange, in my opinion, if the new adaptation were to ignore the subtext.

However, I can see how this could be problematic. I completely agree that Reinahrd and Kircheis' bond is very important, and it is entirely possible that the new version will focus far too much on the subtext and lose the cleverness of the relationship. It could turn into something overbearing, and would perhaps devolve into 'queerbaiting', which so many current anime revel in, and which Legend of the Galactic Heroes should rise above, wherever possible.

I think the issue here is that, usually, a romantic relationship in fiction is far less interesting than a platonic one. Indeed, Reinhard and Kircheis' platonic relationship is fascinating, and I wouldn't change any part of it. But the fact that it is so well written means that it could easily be something more, something romantic, but never become boring. In my view, whatever romance there may or may not be between these two men is entirely unimportant when compared to the spiritual bond they share.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't mean to accuse you of homophobia, if that's how it sounded. I was just a little confused by your choice of words :P

I completely agree that a straightforward, romantic relationship would not be the way to go - especially because that's not what this is. No relationship in LOGH is simple or straightforward, and Reinhard and Kircheis' relationship is so complex, that it would seem silly to define it as 'romantic' or 'friendship' or anything like that. I've always viewed it as a Frodo and Sam-type thing, and it's exactly as you say: '2 people against the world' - or in this case the Universe.

I can't agree that Reinhard is like Light from Death Note; he never formed any bonds with anyone, preferring to manipulate others and work alone. Reinhard, on the other hand, clearly has great affection for Kircheis and Annerose, as well as, later on, his subordinates. He also views Yang in a friendly manner, as a rival, but not as an enemy.

Anyway, this is a very long reply... All I meant was, there is a lot going on in Reinhard and Kircheis' relationship, and people have interpreted it as homoerotic in the past, so it would be a little odd, in my opinion, if the new version were to ignore it. However, I do agree that they could go too far with it; I wouldn't want their relationship to become an explicitly romantic one, as that is not what it is at all. My interpretation is not fact, and I don't think I'd want it to be.

It reminds me a little of Mulder and Scully's relationship in The X-Files. I loved how ambiguous their relationship was, and the second it was confirmed to be romantic/sexual, I (personally) lost interest. The same would happen with Reinhard and Kircheis. I love their bond; it's so brilliantly written, and I don't want to know if it's anything more than platonic love, because it's private. I think if we knew the truth, it would take away some of the magic, just like Mulder and Scully.

I hope this made sense :)
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Feb 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
Original is quite boring and a chore to watch so maybe modern animation technology can make it more interesting.
Feb 4, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2010
Blarey said:
Original is quite boring and a chore to watch so maybe modern animation technology can make it more interesting.

I highly doubt that...if you don't like it now you probably never will.
Feb 4, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2013
Tenth said:
Blarey said:

I highly doubt that...if you don't like it now you probably never will.

I like everything about it there is just too much political dialogue, it makes the show too slow for me.
Feb 10, 2017 8:56 AM
Jun 2010
Blarey said:

I like everything about it there is just too much political dialogue, it makes the show too slow for me.
I don't understand how well written political dialogues are slow. A deep dialogue like the one in LOGH is something to consider. If you had more dialogues, you would just burn out by the philosophy behind. In my eye, one of the show most important thema was "is a good tyrany better than a poor democracy?". The show takes the time to pose the hypothesis, the consequences and the choices.

That it take time? yes, it's what make human history and politics so interesting...

I'm sorry you didn't get into the pace of the show.
Feb 13, 2017 4:54 AM

Apr 2016
As much as i love the originial show (2nd on my ranking), there were some minor flaws that perhaps was inevitable due to the technology at the producing time. Just hope the remake will do their best to stick up to the originial with some improvement in battle scene or demonstration of something. But directing skill is still one that decide the show's quality, and the sound is also an important part that i hope Production I.G won't alter much.
Feb 14, 2017 2:38 AM
Mar 2016
I'm just curious about voice acting for this remake ... Not all people talking about it

Although old voice acting not as good as nowadays, but i like their work for this anime. It have serious tone and deep meaning. As seiyuu nowadays, they are so good and talented, but it seems their voice kind of comedic and generally too cute. I kinda afraid it will ruin my excitement to watch this remake.

Sorry for my rant
Feb 18, 2017 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
AoiYukihira004 said:
I'm just curious about voice acting for this remake ... Not all people talking about it

Although old voice acting not as good as nowadays, but i like their work for this anime. It have serious tone and deep meaning. As seiyuu nowadays, they are so good and talented, but it seems their voice kind of comedic and generally too cute. I kinda afraid it will ruin my excitement to watch this remake.

Sorry for my rant

I agree, the seiyuu was an important part of the original show as well. But time changes, they have to adapt to fit the new playground and might disappoint the classic lovers. Not to mention some voice actors for the old show is not alive anymore (Yang, Oberstein) and no clue if the old cast will take part in the remake.
Feb 19, 2017 4:02 AM
Mar 2016
CzeroC said:

I agree, the seiyuu was an important part of the original show as well. But time changes, they have to adapt to fit the new playground and might disappoint the classic lovers. Not to mention some voice actors for the old show is not alive anymore (Yang, Oberstein) and no clue if the old cast will take part in the remake.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe it's just me being pessimist although i'm still not confident with this era of seiyuu to voice a character from this anime.

I think old seiyuu maybe not gonna take a part for this remake.
Mar 1, 2017 10:53 PM
Apr 2013
I believe there is an opportunity to freshen the presentation up somewhat. Though I really love the academic presentation of the show, at times it feels stiff. Of course, it makes up for this with absolutely fluid and fascinating climaxes, but this is something that can certainly be improved.

However, I hope that not much is touched in terms of presentation if the new studio can't actually live up to the old standards. I think it will be pretty good either way, probably a 6 at the least.
Mar 8, 2017 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
So when's it coming out?
Mar 14, 2017 1:18 AM
Nov 2011
It's going to be really tough to match the series. A lot of the death scenes (Reuenthal and Yang Wenli's especially) felt incredibly emotional. That sketch of Yang and the quiet buzz of the ship and the narrator speaking on Yang's death got me really good and I was a huge supporter of the Galactic Empire. Also I'm a bit concerned of the voice actors as well. Obersteins VA was perfect and felt so much like him. Hopefully the new VA can at least live up to that memory. Also I'm concerned with the length of the series. The original as we all know was 110 episodes, with how the recent anime productions have been we can expect 26 at best for one season. Hopefully they at least cut the series into seasons then (but it feels really unfitting for LotGH to not have a full story). Otherwise they will have to compress 110 episodes into a short amount, it doesn't sound good. Time will tell though.
Mar 14, 2017 6:53 PM

Jul 2015
nosef said:
It's going to be really tough to match the series. A lot of the death scenes (Reuenthal and Yang Wenli's especially) felt incredibly emotional. That sketch of Yang and the quiet buzz of the ship and the narrator speaking on Yang's death got me really good and I was a huge supporter of the Galactic Empire. Also I'm a bit concerned of the voice actors as well. Obersteins VA was perfect and felt so much like him. Hopefully the new VA can at least live up to that memory. Also I'm concerned with the length of the series. The original as we all know was 110 episodes, with how the recent anime productions have been we can expect 26 at best for one season. Hopefully they at least cut the series into seasons then (but it feels really unfitting for LotGH to not have a full story). Otherwise they will have to compress 110 episodes into a short amount, it doesn't sound good. Time will tell though.
The 110 episodes of LOGTH, was actually 4 Seasons spread over the course of 10 years, NOT 110 episodes straight
Sup...
Mar 14, 2017 6:59 PM

May 2010
I hope this time they won't spoil anyone's death in the preview.
Apr 6, 2017 12:07 AM
Nov 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
nosef said:
The 110 episodes of LOGTH, was actually 4 Seasons spread over the course of 10 years, NOT 110 episodes straight

Didn't realize it was 10 years, I figured it was about a year or two, but that explains some things. In any case, we'll still have to see how they plan to condense it, or if they're in it for the long haul.

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.