Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 18, 2016 3:15 AM

Aug 2008
Vetras said:
Baka nano?
Aqua best girl confirmed.

+1

The VA's skill is really appealing to me too. Arrogant, cute, with the right amount of mischievousness.
Tropicalwood said:

Didn't think the Eye of Sauron would be getting a cameo

Ha! I knew I found it familiar for some reason haha
Feb 18, 2016 4:39 AM

Oct 2015
KaizerKoala said:

I don't know who's heroes and who's villain anymore....

Kazuma's gang are basically bully Dullahan to death.

This is turning out to be Gintama of Online RPG's. Darkness funny as usual. Dullahan seemed so good that he is qualified to be a hero.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 18, 2016 6:53 AM

Sep 2013
MoeGod said:
Freaking hilarious episode!!

The seiyuus are delivering one hell of a performance in this anime. I started laughing uncontrollably when Aqua was acting like her spell didn't affect the Dullahan while Dullahan was rolling in pain XD

I also don't know why but the little bits at the end like Megumin floating in the water or Aqua casually resurrecting the fallen adventurers really made me laugh XD

I'm so glad I didn't skip this anime!

Don't forget about the soccer part. And the debt is greater than the reward LOL
Feb 18, 2016 8:07 AM

Oct 2013
my first laugh in this episode is this scene that Dullahan trow his head to floor while complaining about the explosion girl
Feb 18, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2013
i feel bad for the Dullahan they are just fucking with him lol
Feb 18, 2016 8:27 AM

Jan 2016
Feeling Bad For Dullahan T_T
Feb 18, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2011
Guys I'm looking for a party to stop a really dangerous terrorist. Something must be done about her or our world will cease to exist!

Feb 18, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode. It may be actually my favorite so far.
I'm going to miss Dullahan.

I really like Aqua's staff. It's so pretty.
I wish weapon skin like that appeared in Guild Wars 2.
I like pancakes.
Feb 18, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2013
Yet another great episode. Loved the banter and all the stupid antics that they get themselves into.

Here's hoping the next "boss" character will be just as funny XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 18, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2012
That eye Dullahan skill was pretty awesome style and looks wise. Same for the other spells in the animation area.
Feb 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2013

It started from average yet enjoyable series, but now it's hard to watch it. Next week last chance. The only good thing about this show is voice acting. But it's not something unusual (it's rather uncommon to hear average or bad voice acting) in anime so...
rsc-plFeb 18, 2016 12:45 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 18, 2016 2:23 PM

Feb 2016
Let's see:

Megumin - She was still harassing the Dullahan and is basically at fault for his attack on the town -.

Aqua - Just as much at fault for the attack made worse by the fact that she basically bankrupt the party (she does this at every turn), while powerful still useless AF -.

Masochistic Holy Knight Darkness - About what you'd expect, still the most usefull especially as a meat shield -.

Kasuma - Basically the voice of reason that no one seems to hear, has already given up on that world and wants to go back to his own -.
Feb 18, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
worse than the last ep. can they stop using darkness's masochistic jokes? its not funny anymore after the first time
the play is also just bad
Feb 18, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2015
I just love Aqua she's so funny

Feb 18, 2016 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
Fun episode the quickly changed the tide at the end of last episode
Feb 18, 2016 9:27 PM

Dec 2011
They got so psyched at the reward... only to not get it back. Lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2016 1:42 AM

Feb 2011
We know who Most Valuable Decoy goes to. I'm left wondering how much exp they got from that battle. They should be able to handle high level quests by now. Lets not forget Aqua got exactly what she wanted. After the headless knight is taken out of the picture, guess what happens... Of course, it came at her own expense.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Feb 19, 2016 3:21 AM

Jan 2015
YAAY DULAHAN IS BACK!! (voice actor is top!)
Chuuni girl is best girl, she's kawaii, her voice is nice, she's fucking NICE.
Aqua is so wacky and I LIKE it. (she's qt)
AQUA IS OP
YOO the attack scenes were done well, good colors and animation!
The masochist steps up YES!! I FUCKING LOVE THE MASO
AYYY HE GOT THE HEAD, FOOTBALL TIME BOYSZZZ AND GRILLSZZ!!!!!!
Where did that fucking spear come from!? Well whatever it's Aqua so anything goes!
I wonder if they would all split apart if Kazuma and Aqua returned to their world, Megumin and Masochist are from this world so gues they'll split apart.
3/5
Feb 19, 2016 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
darkness best gril officially confirmed
Feb 19, 2016 6:27 AM

Aug 2014
Loved that Lord of The Rings reference (two, actually). Dullahan basically got trolled to death, it must me so sad to lose to this party of weirdos. And Aqua... just wow. Only she can contribute greatly to saving a city and then get receive a 40 million debt.

Amazing episode, as usual.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 19, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
Aqua actually did something useful for once...I'm amazed.
This is starting to rival Boku Dake for my favourite anime this season.
Feb 19, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
300 million!? lmao We in the big league now fellas!...
i fucking knew it lmao, i just knew something like this would happen after that cage incident last ep xD

Great episode again, 2nd half left a lot to be desired though.
Feb 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2015

A 100th post is this? Good.

PukingMachines said:
i officially lost my ability to objectively judge this show, they could literally start speaking gibberish next episode and i would still laugh.
RIP critical thinking for this thing.

True dat. The best guilty pleasure that doesn't insult you.

Feb 19, 2016 1:36 PM
Oct 2014
KaizerKoala said:

I don't know who's heroes and who's villain anymore....

Kazuma's gang are basically bully Dullahan to death.

lmao :))), totally
Feb 19, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2014
Kazuma found his goal. Defeat the demon king so he can get the fk out of this world haha
Feb 19, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
GuidedCursor said:

A 100th post is this? Good

very good.
I feel sorry for these doggies, they were compared to this blue-haired excrement.
Cr7_vi_BritanniaFeb 19, 2016 2:22 PM
Feb 19, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2014
lel
poor dullahan
Feb 19, 2016 7:58 PM

Oct 2008
Another hilarious crazy episode!
Turn Undead!? that the skill that I use when I played Ragnarok Online a long time ago!
Megumin's explosion only worked for the swarm of Undead but not for Verdia.
Of course Aqua has Resu skill.
That was a very sharp CG? animation of the "eye" of Sauron! haha
Darkness still has her never ever changing masochism antics!
The "Steal" skill worked and of course the literal "Head" was a weakness!
Kazuma still has 40 million to pay for the collateral damages done by the flood of Aqua! too bad, the safe and leisurely life was instantly out of reach because of the 340 million cost of repair!
5/5!

Feb 19, 2016 10:22 PM

Jul 2015
"Turn Undead" World of Warcraft refference?

Feb 19, 2016 10:51 PM
Jun 2010
Nope.

Turn Undead is a light spell that date back all the way to D&D paper & pen, and has always been adapted to (MMO)RPGs.
Feb 20, 2016 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
Episode funny, but the jokes begin to not be funny at the beginning of the series, now the characters are known in their characters, there is the urgent need to change something to make the narrative interesting and fun. Drawings and animations on the sufficiency.
Feb 20, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2015
Never thought that saving people from being massacred could cost them 40 million in debt LMAO, other than that the animation in some fighting scenes is just superb like the Megumin's explosion or the eye of Sauron. Also love to see Darkness being embarrased, so cute.
Feb 20, 2016 10:59 AM

Oct 2014
this show is honestly one of the best of the season in my opinion!! i've tried watching a few other airing shows, but dropped them all within the first few eps. erased has been considered the top anime of the season (it does have a really good storyline i will admit, but after my friend spoiled it for me i started to lose interest), kono suba definitely deserves a lot more recognition - it's honestly so hilarious, the animation and voice acting is amazing, and there's just the right amount of fan service ≧◡≦
Feb 20, 2016 2:11 PM
Oct 2012
RozenAquaMarine said:
Never thought that saving people from being massacred could cost them 40 million in debt LMAO, other than that the animation in some fighting scenes is just superb like the Megumin's explosion or the eye of Sauron. Also love to see Darkness being embarrased, so cute.

Well, to be fair, the city wasn't threatened with being massacred until the "saviors" created the threat to begin with. Sort of like a guest starting a fire in your house while you are asleep, and then saying that they "saved" you because they woke you up in time to escape.

Yes, technically they did save you but wouldn't you want them to pay for burning your house down in the first place?
Feb 20, 2016 3:05 PM

Jul 2014
This is how you fcking do comedy, this shit just keeps getting better and better lol. I cant even decide who the best girl is, all 3 of em are funny as fck (not to mention all 3 seiyuu nails it) This show is definitely one to remember despite the weird ass art.

-Aqua: baka nano? dat boku dake reference! and dat last part she fcking killed it lol. She gets 90% later finds out they're in a debt because of her mainly then goes we should split it equally
-Darkness blushing after missing her target that wasnt even moving! girl you should really add some accuracy/hit rate on your stats lol.
-Megumin: Wait, please help me remember those faces, Im gonna blow em up later.

God damn this show reminds me so much of playing mmo with my friends lol.
-StrayFeb 20, 2016 3:08 PM
Feb 20, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2008
The voice actors are really killing it. They're changing a good comedy to a great comedy. For example when Kazuma says "He went "GAH". I think your attack is pretty effective." or the little dialogue between Megumin and Kazuma after she unleashed her explosion magic. "Need me to carry you?" "Please."

Just listening to this episode would make me laugh!
Feb 21, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty sure I won't forget Veldia's scream for a long time xD
Yes Dullahan's weakness is the head

It's all Aqua's fault!!
Damegami, please xD

Well I did expect that reward & debt, that was every cliche thing that would happen in anime if MC suddenly got rich
Thank you Gintama xD

4 episode more!
Rayl1ghtFeb 21, 2016 4:27 AM
"Signature removed"
Feb 21, 2016 4:43 AM

Aug 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
RozenAquaMarine said:

Well, to be fair, the city wasn't threatened with being massacred until the "saviors" created the threat to begin with. Sort of like a guest starting a fire in your house while you are asleep, and then saying that they "saved" you because they woke you up in time to escape.

Yes, technically they did save you but wouldn't you want them to pay for burning your house down in the first place?

I know that they had caused some destruction in some infrastructures of the city that's why I'm laughing at the irony of this scene where they could just let the people be massacred if they're going to pay for their heroic deeds.
Feb 21, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
I still think that Kazuma and Verdia could have been great friends, under different circumstances.

Takuan_Soho said:
mangamuscle said:

Vampires have been known to not cross running water (since they take damage if immersed in it), so it is not really an idea original to konosuba.

You are correct, to emphasize they have to be immersed in "running" water, not still water. Alan Moore made great use of that distinction in the Swamp Thing way way back in the 80's. The concept with vampires dates back, as so many vampire things do, to Dracula.

The idea of flowing water being "pure" is important in Shintoism, which is why there is always some running water at the gate for people to purify their hands and mouth before approaching the shrine. Likewise in nature you can drink from a flowing river, but stagnant water is dangerous.

They use the idea of evil being weak to water in the Lord of the Rings as well (which goes along with the Eye of Sauron reference, lol). In the Fellowship of the Ring, the Nazgul are unable to pursue the hobbits across the Brandywine River without detouring to a bridge, because the waters are the territory of the Valar (god), Ulmo, who still exerts some direct influence over Middle-Earth. Ulmo's power is part of the reason why Arwen is able to call down the flood that sweeps the Nazgul away when they are almost to Rivendell (Elves aren't that powerful by themselves!). I know it's not a "real" mythology (insofar as any mythology is real), but it is another example of evil being weak to water.
Feb 21, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode and cool fight! Poor Aqua getting chased around and I thought her holy magic would've been the weakness against undead, but I guess it's water after all :P Typical Aqua, use a super strong spell and destroy everything ... completely nullifying the reward that everyone got XD I like how despite everything Darkness still likes to protect everyone ... well, though she may have her own reasons for doing that ;P In any case seems like the Dullahan's been defeated! I wonder where they're gonna go next ... more monster hunting for reward money it seems! :P
Feb 21, 2016 12:02 PM
Oct 2012
PaleBlue said:
the Nazgul are unable to pursue the hobbits across the Brandywine River without detouring to a bridge,

Another good reference. Circa 1950's.

PaleBlue said:
I know it's not a "real" mythology (insofar as any mythology is real), but it is another example of evil being weak to water.

Actually I think modern writings can become "real" mythology. Dracula certainly is, most of what we think we know of vampires was invented by Bram Stoker. Large parts of Tolkien, particularly around the rings, have become myths. Real is what people know and remember and use, source is optional :-)
Feb 21, 2016 2:12 PM
Oct 2012
NNick said:
The reason is, the show is just a bit too shallow for my taste - I like my drama, tragedy and thriller, so the question is, are there perhaps similar shows that are a little bit more serious?

First, just because you don't like comedy doesn't make a show "shallow". Comedy is different that tragedy or drama, but it is not inferior to the other two as Shakespeare shows. Calling a show that other people like shallow makes you sound like a pretentious ass. Not that I think you are, but that is what you sound like. Now, that said, you can say: Not my taste, prefer tragedy to comedy" and that is perfectly wonderful.

But to answer your question, try Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. It appears to be a serious take on the "trap in a MMO" genre. Though I haven't watched it since the first, because, I prefer comedy.
Feb 21, 2016 2:31 PM
Jan 2016
Theres a difference between being weak to water and being weak to holy water. A priest in this episode mentioned asking the church to bring back all the holy water they've got.

So, its not just a weakness to water thats making the dullahan attempt to dodge it. Its the fact that he knows he won't survive Aqua's Turn Undead if he's drenched.
Feb 21, 2016 5:37 PM
Oct 2012
It's a small thing, but its one of those little things that makes everything perfect type of things.

I love the Dullahan music. They way they would use it to create "suspense" and then have something stupid interrupt it was done absolutely perfectly. Japanese sound directors really are the best.

It's similar to when Aqua did the second "Sacred Undead" Spell. Even the undead knights turned to watch that one. Again not major, but this show gets all of these small things (like Megumin floating on the water) down perfectly. Deen should promote this director, s/he is a keeper.

Another example, when the undead were chasing Aqua, and she fled towards Kazuma, the look of joy on Darkness's face was priceless, then when they rushed by her, the "Charlie Brown" look, equally perfect.
Takuan_SohoFeb 21, 2016 5:42 PM
Feb 21, 2016 8:21 PM
Jun 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
NNick said:
The reason is, the show is just a bit too shallow for my taste - I like my drama, tragedy and thriller, so the question is, are there perhaps similar shows that are a little bit more serious?

First, just because you don't like comedy doesn't make a show "shallow". Comedy is different that tragedy or drama, but it is not inferior to the other two as Shakespeare shows. Calling a show that other people like shallow makes you sound like a pretentious ass. Not that I think you are, but that is what you sound like. Now, that said, you can say: Not my taste, prefer tragedy to comedy" and that is perfectly wonderful.

But to answer your question, try Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. It appears to be a serious take on the "trap in a MMO" genre. Though I haven't watched it since the first, because, I prefer comedy.

Although Grimgar is one of my favourite LN, I don't often recommend it for 2 reasons. Most people don't like pessimistic/coward MC, and the pacing is too slow for many people. So some of the issue I said may apply to the anime too.

If people don't mind those flaws, then like you, I also highly agree with the recommendation.

---

Anyways, you can go try out Ajin, and Boku dake ga Inai Machi.
Feb 22, 2016 8:33 AM

Nov 2015
AQUA best gril officially confirmed :) She is Goodles :D
Feb 22, 2016 1:58 PM
Feb 2016
I wonder how long it takes before the locals start forming angry mobs. In one episode the world is no worse off than they just got there.
Feb 23, 2016 8:01 AM

Apr 2015
Late watch. Should have been a great episode but strangely the flow was a bit off, they did it cleverly in past weeks so that was a bit surprising.

I don't quite like Darkness that much, she is a bit too much for my liking.
Feb 23, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
This show is awesome. The funniest show this season easy, and Dullahan is the best villain i've seen in a dog's age. So funny.
Feb 23, 2016 9:44 PM

Jun 2013
Goddammit Aqua! You had one job!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

389 by JLDAVYD_ofc »»
May 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

416 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 1:54 PM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Apr 18, 10:05 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.