Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lupin died in this episode.

Good episode, I guess? I have to say that Lupin is intelligent, I'd not be able to think how to escape from a prison.
XenocrisiOct 15, 2015 8:08 AM
Dec 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
I kept on being reminded of the old Peter Sellers movie "After the Fox"...

Lupin and Zenigata have real chemistry in this episode. It was great how Zenigata kept on refusing to panic, right until the end.

All-in-all, a terrific episode - like Lupin said - his era isn't over yet!
dbaranyiDec 28, 2015 11:42 AM
Dec 28, 2015 8:58 PM

Jan 2012
Japanese Episode 13

Excellent episode, gotta love those Zenigata centric outings. I've only recently begun watching the original 1972 Lupin series, and this episode was very reminiscent of the one where Zenigata imprisons Lupin for a full year in that series. In some respects it felt like a remake of that episode even. Minus the Fujiko high jinks. :D Also glad to see we're not done with Rebecca and Nyx was with his family. Bring on the ominous naked bearded guy! :D

Oh, and I see our intro and commercial cards have updated. Lupin turns into Mamoh from a 1972 series episode I literally just watched less than a day ago in one of them...nice. :D
Dec 28, 2015 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
Lupin always clever as ever. I find it kinda funny at the way he looked but that's just part of his strategy again.

The music used in this episode has that classic old school feeling to it.
Lovely episode. And Fujiko looked damn fine in that swimsuit.
Dec 29, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
I loved this episode so much, it really reminded me of the old episodes. I'm pretty sure a lot of those fake escapes were meant to be straight up references to the old episode from the first series where he escaped from prison too. He dressed as a buddhist monk and swapped places with a guard he tricked into coming to his cell there, as well as growing his hair out. There was also another episode (I think in part 2) where I recall him messing with CCTV to escape somewhere.
Dec 30, 2015 12:13 AM

Apr 2014
Well done Monkey ( Lupin ) but why die for it, there's always an angle for him and this proved it just as much as ever.
Dec 30, 2015 9:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GOAT episode....Easily one of the best of the entire franchise
Dec 30, 2015 5:41 PM

Mar 2013
straggy said:
I loved this episode so much, it really reminded me of the old episodes. I'm pretty sure a lot of those fake escapes were meant to be straight up references to the old episode from the first series where he escaped from prison too. He dressed as a buddhist monk and swapped places with a guard he tricked into coming to his cell there, as well as growing his hair out. There was also another episode (I think in part 2) where I recall him messing with CCTV to escape somewhere.

I've been trying to figure out which episode is the one with the CCTV for a llllooongggg time. If you do find it, please contact me.
Jan 1, 2016 12:21 AM
Jul 2008
Definitly the best episode yet and to think we're only half done! Lupin and Zenigata are great as always together. Really shows how well the 2 characters work together if even after all these years you never get bored watching them. Lupin says his era isn't over yet? Damn right! Oh yeah,

zocram said:
straggy said:

I've been trying to figure out which episode is the one with the CCTV for a llllooongggg time. If you do find it, please contact me.

I think the episode your thinking of in the second series in when they're in Brizil, get arrested, have Fujiko impersonate a nurse, and use a film projector to fool the camera while they escape, am I right?
Jan 7, 2016 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
lol great episode, Lupin escaped from the impossible
Jan 14, 2016 8:19 PM

Nov 2012
Best episode so far.
Feb 3, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode, it reminded me of some old episodes. I really like the relationship between Zenigata and Lupin.
May 10, 2016 8:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lupin and the Mona Lisa, amused episode!

--
Lupin y La Mona Lisa, ¡entretenido episodio!
May 23, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
I too remembered the Lupin in jail -episode from the original series while watching this. And while there were some similarities (I started laughing the moment Zenigata mentioned the priest) it was still different enough to stand out on its own. I think I liked the slightly subtler delivery of Zenigata's feelings on the matter in the older one more but have to say that I loved his laugh at the end when he realized that the chase was still on.
SleepingBearMay 24, 2016 12:21 PM
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jan 7, 2017 7:15 AM
Dec 2009
Classic Lupin. This episode was pretty epic. I was actually worried for awhile there, I had no idea what Lupin was planning and just assumed he was waiting for Zenigata to open up and then run out or something. I love that Zenigata had some serious introspection in this episode too. And I mean even if Lupin had eaten, what could he do? Wait on that island for the rest of his life? He deserves a better life, and so does Lupin :)
Jan 24, 2018 9:36 PM
Jul 2015
Really? Thats how he got out. Is that even possible to do? Highly unlikely.
Mar 24, 2019 11:21 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't Lupin steal Monalisa at part 2?
Or he didn't take it since the painter who paint the fakes forgot which one is real

Tbh until this day I don't know why people tried to fake some paintings
Well maybe money
I mean it's ok I guess as long you don't sell it
It's pretty amazing to be able to imitate
The problem is what if someday the real one is gone, who'll notice if there are so many fakes?
Appraiser can't appraise what they never saw

So he was Da Vinci, the real person?
"Signature removed"
Aug 27, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2011
Fujiko betraying them? A classic. But I loved the heist, Fujiko is so cool when riding her bike. Jigen was a convincing decoy until he shot and Zenigata realized it him, and Goemon was there to make sure the escape could happen. Well, Fujiko tried to profit alone, but she ended up finding a treasure without even realizing it. That man is somehow Da Vinci himself or something close to it. Can't wait to see where this is going.
Jul 4, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
Knew this guy was da Vincy himself.(or maybe he really isn't?, will see) I'm pretty excited for this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2022 8:37 PM

Feb 2012
Japanese ep. 14

An episode in the classic Lupin style, this was clearly inspired by Ep. 115 of Part 2, Mona Lisa Smiles Twice, one of the most memorable ones. This was more straightforward, although there was a lot of confusion about which was the real Mona Lisa. Unlike the original though, the questions of authenticity and what makes a work of art valuable weren't explored that much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 12 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 3, 2015

14 by Lessa_AG5 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 10 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Sep 13, 2015

20 by illkyum »»
Dec 16, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 24 Discussion

deg - Jan 14, 2016

10 by adrai99 »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 7 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Sep 7, 2015

15 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 20, 2022 2:31 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 30, 2015

77 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 15, 2022 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.