Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »
Aug 29, 2019 1:57 AM

Sep 2010
Enjoyed it to some degree, nothing too amazing.
Sep 19, 2019 2:25 AM

Feb 2018
Happy End? Good anime

10/10
Oct 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2018
Man, the pacing of this show was an absolute wreck
What a beautiful Duwang
Oct 18, 2019 2:50 AM
May 2018
Charlotte, just like Angel Beats, is victim to its very short length.

Jun Maeda does not write stories that can be developed in 13 episodes. That's why he decided to make a visual novel out of Angel Beats: he declared he wanted to develop what he couldn't in the anime.

It's the same for Charlotte. The concept is awesome, it is emotional, very poetic, like any Jun Maeda work, but 13 episodes was not enough at all...

With all that said, I loved the last episode. It felt very climactic, and it was a hell of a ride. Sadly it was rushed, because once again, this story needed time, and didn't get it.

I mean, how stupid can anime producers be? We're talking about the industry who thought it was the right thing to make an anime adaptation of Rewrite in 2x13 episodes...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Oct 27, 2019 1:30 PM
Dec 2015
This guy is pissing me OFF use the heal ability to get your eye back and bring back kunigami I mean you used your ability to get back your sister didn’t you?!? Then you can plunder the whole worlds abilities or whatever
Nov 23, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2019
I don't even have words... I haven't enjoyed an anime as much as I did with Charlotte for quite a time. Now this anime became one of my favourites! I loved the way this anime gone, it was quite a ride and I would've wanted to continue more but sadly is has only 13 ep... :(
Dec 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Sep 2014
I just can't get this anime out of my head, it's just perfect and complete just the way I like it. It had a beginning, a middle and an end and I really loved the plot and the characters, the animation is amazing, the OST is too damn good and unforgettable. Simply one of my favorite original anime of all time!

9/10
Dec 31, 2019 2:29 PM

Sep 2017
The last three episodes felt extremely forced, and it was obvious after the 10th episode that something bad was going to happen, but in this ending wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure, the 11th episode was complete garbage, and I didn't really care for the events in episodes 12 and 13, but at least we got a somewhat wholesome ending after all of this. The Ayumi arc, however, was excellent, and the animation and soundtrack definitely make up for some of the awfulness presented by the story. A decent conclusion to a decent at best show. 6/10.

Jan 26, 2020 6:11 AM
Jul 2019
English aside, the places were spot on! Like holy crap, they even know the products that are available in my country (Philippines). Also, could've at least use that healing power to your eye, man. Healing it ≠ using time-leap. Why did you sleep, you said you got a power that prevents you from sleeping.

Anyways, ending is ehh. It felt rushed, if only it was two cour. 8/10 for Nao and P.A. Works.
SomeGuyWithHairJan 26, 2020 6:15 AM
May 5, 2020 1:23 PM
Feb 2019
Such a sad episode just finished watching it and was so sad when he couldn't remember nao and she started crying from being the one thing that kept him going! So sad
May 6, 2020 3:27 AM

Dec 2009
Great anime even though the ending was fucked with that lazy open-ending to not reveal how they'd deal with the terrorists and it was even more so disappointing in the frustration of not knowing if he'll ever get his memories back.

I want an epilogue, fuck.
Jun 9, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2015
*Clapping with tears in my eyes* BEAUTIFUL SERIES!!!! Such a good ending!! So wholesome and nice!

That last scene gave me very If My Heart Had Wings vibes and the rest of it gave A Sky Full of Stars vibes lol.

Honestly such a good series. Re-watching this after so many years is reminding me on why I gave it a 10/10. This was such a good last episode.

Music was beautiful, story was great, characters were amazing! I need to buy this on DVD now. This series inspired me with a lot of things but re-watching this now was such an experience. Love it! <3

[Edit] Jesus! Was just noting my re-watch in and noticed its been 5 whole years since I watched this anime. Makes it all the more impactful revisiting this after so long.
DarknessRealityJun 9, 2020 3:23 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 11, 2020 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
"Heroes" the tv show, they should've had another 12 or 13 episodes that covered the final 2/3 episodes, at least the very last episode, this felt extremely rushed towards the end, especially compared to the first 6 episodes.
It doesn't look like any time has passed since everyone looks exactly the same from when Yuu left.

Looked like Yuu had an extremely easy time collecting the powers, I'm surprised there were no bigger organizations that got in his way.

Shame they pulled the "whoops lost my memories" card.

They should've made it at least a 2 cours.
That said, the series was entertaining, it's just that it could've been so much more.
8/10
Jun 17, 2020 4:39 AM

May 2018
Meh ending. At least kiss Tomori or something, Yuu. Don't just forget your girlfriend like that!
Jul 8, 2020 10:20 PM
Oct 2019
Decent ending/final episode or two (6 or 7/10). Nothing mind blowing or emotional, but it still worked.

Is there no way to get rid of all the abilities he plundered? Using that memory wipe ability, or plundering his own ability? Idk just throwing stuff out there.

Since they didn't answer it, does this mean Zhiend's singer had an ability that caused her blindness, too? How come only the oldest brother went blind from using his power but nobody else has similar side effects after all that time?

I kind of wish he did heal his eye and go back to save water hair boy. But I understand why he couldn't. And no further encounter with the girl that slashed his eye? Seems like a missed opportunity but maybe that's how it was in the source material?

Anyways, pretty average show for the first ~5.5 episodes (5 or 6/10). But significantly better for episodes 7-11ish (8/10). I'll give it a 7/10 overall. It's probably more like a 7.5 but there are no .5's.
Jul 15, 2020 10:35 AM
Dec 2018
I really loved the in general i mean it was the first ever anime that got me invested into watching anime and by doing that i had met many people in the anime community but i do have a problem on how it ended but all in all i really liked the final episode it tied it in a neatly manner but it still has a few loose threads like what happened to yuu will he regain his memories but who am i to say this i mean a bunch of anime do this
Oct 2, 2020 6:00 PM

Aug 2020
This was the most emotion-filled anime I've ever seen. I'd be crying, laughing, smiling, worried.. Just wow. What a beautiful anime.

Nov 15, 2020 9:30 AM
May 2020
Yehart said:
Sanzen said:

the answer is no

Figures. Would have been far more interesting than..... this.

I think Angel Beats was better
Dec 15, 2020 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
After finally rewatching it, I keep my 8/10. Last part was too rushed and it didn't "kick" as hard as some other titles, but it still was really enjoyable and rather competent story. Some loose ends sure could use tying up. Some, on the other hand, aren't really loose ends - Nao's bullies are one such case. Imo that whole scene was just building her character, to accent how she doesn't care what others think about her, as long as she achieves her goal.
People like to comare it with Angel Beats, and, as much as I loved that one, I tihnk Charlotte wins here. AB sure had higher "highs" but also lower "lows", while Charlotte was more balanced. For one, the cut between comedyic SoL and drama half was more fluid. Also romance developed more naturally and didn't feel forced.
Where AB wins is "feels" at the end and unique setting. It also had better comedy I guess.
JustAnotherShiroDec 15, 2020 1:21 PM
Dec 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
I thought Angel Beats was disappointing but this was even worse. The show was not that emotional for me and this final episode felt like it was an entire season of content crammed into one ep. The terrorists outside Japan? Meh forget about them. Taking the powers of every single person on Earth by one teenager? Skim over it. Oh and maybe he doesn't want to time travel any longer but why not heal his eye? Or I don't know his the blind eyes of his brother? No? Okay then. Convenient amnesia at the end to try and dredge up one last bit of feels? Check but the attempt fails of course.

Well Tomori was decent enough for waifu bait I suppose, too bad the anime as a whole that she's in is so not worthy of her.
Dec 23, 2020 1:02 AM

Sep 2018
Similar to Angel Beats, a bit of a shallow anime that also struggles with pacing, but still had it's moments, especially the first half of the series. I'm praying Clannad is good, third times a charm they say. 6/10.
Dec 24, 2020 7:07 PM
Jan 1, 2021 3:17 AM
Jan 2017
I’m really sad the friend didn’t get to live. I thought there was a chance he would be saved, but in the end he remained dead. I know his death was what led to the teams victory but still. It breaks my heart because it wouldn’t have happened if those non ability people and that one ability person didn’t get so greedy. Also, I wished the siblings reunion was a little more heartwarming. Instead, it felt more like a meeting of comrades rather than family. I guess that’s to be expected though with all that was going on. Nonetheless, I really liked this show. Just wish certain people and certain moments were given more a chance.
Jan 26, 2021 11:32 PM
Apr 2020
Great series but the ending felt rushed. Needed a few more episodes with some moments that feel absent like : Yuu blaming himself for Kumagami , a better reunion between Yuu and his brother.
Still I think Yuu going around plundering every power was cool.
I really loved Temari too
"Who am I ? Where do I come from ? Where am I going ? That's all I want to think about"
-Saikawa Sohei
Feb 8, 2021 7:52 AM
Dec 2020
It was kinda disappointing...
I thought the end is gonna be better than this...but it was kinda rushed like Angel beats, the starting episodes and build ups were Actually good and they ruined it by making the end like that...

2/5 to this ep

P.S: I just started watching anime last year jan 19 2020
So my review is not that perfect
KawaiifuchanFeb 8, 2021 7:58 AM
Apr 5, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
This would have been better if it ended on episode 12. Also, Yuui forgetting Nao just seems like such an asspull and a weak attempt to create drama.
_______I like rocks__
Apr 7, 2021 4:09 AM

Sep 2020
I can't bear anymore... Yamero.. last scene made my whole year, I want to be fallen in love , Uwu ( sadly I don't get any girls offer till this year )
Apr 10, 2021 5:59 PM
Dec 2020
Could have been a whole season
Apr 27, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2020
Charlotte had amazing potential, but it fell flat in so many different areas. The characters were dull with the exception of Nao. Even the main protagonist, Yuu, loses all of his personality after the first episode. There were parts of the story that I did enjoy such as Yuu returning to being a giant douchebag in episode 7 after the death of Ayumi, but for the most part the story didn't do it for me. The first 6 episodes or so are spent mainly on useless side characters or arcs no one cares about. The main story does not get explored until like the final 4 episodes and by then it is far too late. The pacing sucked. Scenes of death had no effect on me because they were immediately followed up by comic relief. Episode 13 could have been a series of its own and instead was somehow crammed into one episode. Towards the end and really through much of the series nothing seemed to make sense. Even the romance between Nao and Yuu felt extremely forced. Overall, while it was an interesting concept, the execution sucked. I gave it a 4/10 and perhaps that was a bit generous of me, but I did think that the art, music, and other technical aspects of the show were quite good.
May 18, 2021 4:36 PM

Jan 2015
I had seen reviews of people saying "the last episode could have been it's own season" and now I definitely understand what they meant. It definitely feels like they had a lot of ideas and didn't know if they'd get a chance to use them so just went all out for this last episode.
(Back when it first was established that Ayumi might get powers at some point, I guessed that the last episode would focus around Ayumi discovering her powers or something, but it definitely got more convoluted, haha).

I can see why some might be put off by the sort of rushed ending but overall I really enjoyed this series
May 19, 2021 12:41 AM

Apr 2021
A fantastic finale!!!! When I first saw Yuu I really thought of him as someone who is really bad and cunning but as I watched the show, he did have an amazing character development and in the finale he ended up travelling all around the world and getting all sorts of amazing abilities.

Although that did make him lose his memories. In the end tho, things ended on a good note. And I'm happy for both Yuu and Nao (they both could keep their promises) and also the others. They can all finally live normal lives. I'm really gonna miss Charlotte. This anime was something else really. That being said I loved this anime from beginning to end!!!

Edit : Corrected grammatical errors
Joel77Mar 24, 2023 11:28 PM
Jul 7, 2021 3:26 AM
Nov 2020
It was fun watching this episode, 1st half was funny cuz of Yuu's English ...... And he got a nickname One eyed Grim reaper.... HaHa Ha Ha ...... I didn't want him to lose his memories but it was fine as he absorbed so may abilities there has to be side effects and it was better then turning him into monster 👹 tho ... That's it
Nov 30, 2021 8:18 AM

Apr 2020
I expected better coming from the one who did Angel Beats.
Another show I don't understand why it's so highly rated.
I really liked the first ep but then it went downhill for me. 6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 31, 2021 10:08 AM

Jul 2021
Yuu was crazy for a few moments and also lost his memory, but at least he managed to fulfill his promise.
Thanks to Shunsuke, Yuu managed to stay alive and now he can continue his life and make new memories.
I really liked the end of this anime and I liked the anime.
asdasdsadad
Feb 21, 2022 7:54 PM

Oct 2021
Ending was a bit rushed it could have been way better if this was a 24 episode series. But there were so many plot-hole like why doesn't he heal his eye with ability, how he lost his memory?.
but in spite of that, i was very intrigued by the story and characters especially MC and Nao.
This was a good watch so i will give this anime atleast 8/10.
Feb 22, 2022 9:22 PM

Apr 2019
While it sucks that Yu lost his memories, at least he made it back home alive. I was pretty convinced that he was gonna die when that dude with the crossbow shot him. Glad he didn't. And to top it off, him and Nao are now together which is pretty cool.

Overall, I liked Charlotte. The story was pretty interesting. Buddy just traveled the world and kinda became a god towards the end there. Which was the only thing that was a bit off putting. But they handled it pretty well so it doesn't really stick out in a bad manner that much. The characters were pretty cool. I'd say I liked Yu and Nao the most. They felt pretty grounded (Nao more than Yu a bit) which is always nice. Seeing all these powers with their own flaws felt a bit refreshing when comparing it to the superpower genre nowadays like My Hero for example. The OP and ED(s) were pretty good. I really liked the middle portion of the OP where it slows down; the visuals during that segment suited it quite nicely.

arcticmontysFeb 22, 2022 9:30 PM
Mar 7, 2022 10:10 AM
Feb 2022
They ended off the show perfectly. I just want to know how his brother and everyone else knew where he was.
Mar 23, 2022 3:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It seems like "collapse" is the only power with a significant issue. The rest are still, pretty useful. Can this really be called a disease? If he's doing it to prevent them from being captured and studied, it's probably more simple to find the organizations that research these abilities and deal with them head on. This method just seems tedious, but more importantly, they barely took into consideration the possibility of absolute world annihilation once Yuu possesses the power of thousands of individuals. They glossed over it briefly in the last episode, but after that they're basically like: "Yeah go become an uncontrollable all-powerful being probably. It'll probably be fine."

All that aside, I thought it was cool to see Yuu descent into madness once again. You think all is fine and dandy, but nope, the dude gets just as fked up as before. Although, this was quite a lot to pack into what is the last episode.

Underneath it all, there's a good story to tell; it just needed more time, and just better writing in general so that it doesn't have an over-abundance of plot-holes. I appreciate that it wraps up, and that they gave us a little bit of some good romance. But again, it just needed more time, and a lot of work to truly be something special. I like how it really transformed into something else along the way, along with our main character Yuu.

There definitely were things I liked, but they all felt buried underneath poor execution and poor writing. I'm giving this a 2/5 objective score + a 1/5 subjective score, for a total of 3 out of 10. Not a complete abysmal failure of a mess, but anything good it tried to present was swamped by an overwhelming wave of "meh." The ending was touching, but it could've hit so much harder did it not feel so rushed.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 18, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Nice ending, I like 2nd half more than the 1st half.
I would give the show 9/10, but because first 8 episodes were pretty boring I had to lower the score by 1.
Jul 10, 2022 8:20 AM

May 2014
Show shouldve ended on EP 9/10 because last 3 episodes it feels so rushed and I feel like watching a totally different show. It's has some cool power trip moments but this feels like something that should belong in shows like Mahoukai.

First of all, the time leap twist is cool, but they should just ended it there. The terrorist/plundering arc just feels weird, rushed, and serve no purpose other than adding more unnecessary tragedy and some action scenes (which this show could live without).

They wanted a resolution for every power user in the world, but honestly I would be happy with a simpler ending. They tried to be abit "realistic" by adding worldwide issue with the ability user spreading all across earth, but still let more loose ends at the end. What comes after that? Will Yuu get assassinated by vengeful terrorists/mobster after he loses his power? Or some nation that think he should be removed in fear of a relapse in power that can threaten humanity? Which I think is quite a plausible after. They could simply avoid this by just making that the Charlotte is way smaller and only affect people in Japan or something like that, sure it's less realistic but this show is all about supernatural to begin with.

Because at the last few episodes, it feels like Nao, Yusarin, and Takajou loses relevancy even though they're supposed to be the main characters.

Even I think that keeping Ayumi death is actually fine, since in that timeline, Yuu actually grew as a better person and able to accept death and move on with his life, thanks to someone else, very much like Jun Maeda other works.

Still, I still think it's a great show, ending is fine, BUT the buildup for the ending is really weird and quite rushed.
Jul 31, 2022 11:07 PM

Jul 2021
Hmm this was good. Glad we got a happy ending.

This anime sure was very interesting to keep you hooked, I started this last night after 9AM and 14 hours later I've already finsihed this. There was nothing special happening until the second half of the season but the second half was really good.

As expected we got to see Yuu trying to plunder all the powers. That was quite a feat though, doing all that in just a year. Too bad he lost his memories.

That small booklet thing was more than necessary for Yuu, if not for it Yuu would have gone insane.

I'm very happy Nao and Yuu got together though. She always liked him, didn't she?

I heard a lot about this anime making even "men cry" but well this didn't have that much emotional scenes, the booklet scene, omurice scene got me a little teary-eyed but this anime had nothing to make you bawl your eyes out, and this is coming from smeone who cires a lot while watching anime.

Seems like puberty is over for Yuu so all of them can finally live normal lives for now. The issue of Charlotte dust is till unsolved, can't believe they named the whole anime after that and not even resolve the dust thingy.

I have one complain though, Yuu again fucking ignored the person he was supposed to fight with and almost died, he first ignored the girl with light ability which led to him getting stabbed and using collapse in the episode where Kumagami died and in this episode he just fucking ignored the crossbow dude and kept going, I mean tf?

In any case, I'm satisfied with the ending.

5/5 episode and 8/10 overall. Will watch the OVA later.
TsutanaiFuunJul 31, 2022 11:15 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 31, 2022 11:11 PM

Jul 2021
d3adthing said:
here is my main question, since yu stole that girls ability cant he just heal his brother's eyes?
seems like puberty is over for yuu. he left to plunder powers when he was already 16 and according to google pubery lasts till 16 for boys so his puberty was already over by the time he got in hospital is what i think, so no more powers for him. I mean he would have just healed himself if he still had the healing ability, no need to get treatment and be in wheelchair and stuff, right?
TsutanaiFuunJul 31, 2022 11:18 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 12, 2022 11:51 PM

May 2020
pretty rushed ending

Aug 21, 2022 7:54 AM
Feb 2020
different countries nice
Aug 26, 2022 12:31 PM
Aug 2022
perfect ending for me
Aug 29, 2022 5:36 PM
Jul 2021
Holy Shit this anime was fire since 6th episode, I love it <3
Sep 22, 2022 9:33 AM

Mar 2021
jesus christ the whole traveling shit was insane
Anime List:🔴
Manga List:🔴
Profile:🔴
Oct 7, 2022 7:21 PM
Jun 2022
love it, 100% recommended
Oct 16, 2022 5:59 AM
Sep 2020
i just liked it that's it
Nov 20, 2022 9:37 PM
Nov 2022
This was one of my first anime so even though I know this anime isn't the best it holds a special place in my heart. The ending was rushed but I still remember how much I enjoyed it
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

859 by Boomfus »»
Yesterday, 1:52 PM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

40 by Thatboidriz »»
Apr 30, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.