Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 12, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2013
Uh oh...usually when a supporting character suddenly gets a lot of screen time, it means that something bad will happen to him/her... T_T

It looks the next episode gives us the backstory of Miki.

God, this anime is teasing me sooo much with its very good use of suspense haha.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 9, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
Nice seeing the events to how the world turned to shit.

This sudden focus on Megu. Could it be?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 18, 2016 4:23 AM

Jul 2008
Interesting anime, as the dude pointed out the teacher is perhaps a delusion of that pink haired girl.
All the other member ignore the teach until the pink girl utters the teach's name.
Sep 21, 2016 2:00 PM
Sep 2015
This anime is so good!
I'm scared that the teacher will die, which is bad because I really liked her.
All my favorite characters die 😢
Dec 4, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2016
I hope people should stop comparing manga and this anime

This episode is AMAZING we rarely see faslhbacks delivered on early episode, but this anime manages to deliver it really well.
Especially from Megu-nee point of view
Dec 15, 2016 1:35 AM

Jun 2013
Mommy doesn't approve of Megu-chan's career as an educator. All parents seem to want their kids to be a doctor or lawyer. Public school teaching positions are highly sought after in South Korea since they're considered stable jobs as opposed to working for companies such as Samsung, LG, Hyundai and the like which are unstable but pay high.

I'd say this is my favorite episode so far. My favorite part about zombie movies (other than the obvious survival part) is seeing how everything went to shit. I feel sorry for Kurumi because she had to kill her senpai in zombie form. She went from feeble, flustered shoujo character to a shovel-wielding badass in a second.
臭い-
Dec 29, 2016 7:20 PM
Jun 2016
I really did not think I'd enjoy this anime as much as I did. The massive twist in Episode 1 that turned everything upside down for my expectations has only been fueled more by how well they seem to add the scare factor and tense atmosphere together with the sudden cute and happy moments.

I also love how we are already getting a bit of information as to how this whole thing began. I'd love more flashbacks maybe from the other girls' perspective, such as Miku.

When Sakura-senses checked her phone and her mother had written "Call me" repeatively, that is when I felt shivers down my spine.

So stoked for this anime.
Mar 7, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
so what's the deal with the sensei in this show...I still think she is dead though...
Apr 20, 2017 1:34 AM

Oct 2015
This episode is both sad and happy :( Megu nii and Senpai got rejected hard straight into the head by a shovel.
May 25, 2017 5:10 AM

Nov 2016
Love it how it turns from cute to horror/thriller within a few moments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 4:52 AM
Jul 2016
Hmm so this episode Discuss the occurrence about zombie apocyalipse from Megu-nee POV
Very interesting Next
Jun 24, 2017 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
Why do I get the feeling the zombies are really fast at the beginning so they can catch. And when they started to rot they became slow... i hope it's this. like many people say...this anime even when it's moe... I kept having this uneasy feeling when I watched...kinda scared anything may jumped out.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jul 15, 2017 9:18 PM
Mar 2016
im 85% sure that sensei is dead, like at the part where they're like "the tent holds 4 people! wow enough for us" then the "sensei" reacts and yuki is the one to acknowledge it then everyone awkwardly thanks her one by one......creepy
Aug 28, 2017 5:11 AM
Jan 2012
If Megumi isn't dead since before the show started, I hope they explain why no one interacts with her or acknowledge her unless Yuki mentions her first. But I am confident she is long dead. Maybe she sacrificed herself to save the girls in some way.

Also, it was nice seeing how things got that bad from a reliable point of view. Well, I think Megumi is reliable, at least at that point, when she was still alive. I wonder if Yuki went nuts when she saw that other girl kill the zombie or if she stayed "normal" (as normal as she gets, anyways) perhaps until Megumi died.
Nov 17, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
The show is trying its damn hardest to make me think Megu is alive but that ain't working. Bitch is dead.
Feb 1, 2018 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
i wonder if teacher has died sacrificing herself for the girls and now they pretend she's still alive or something
Feb 3, 2018 4:11 PM

Nov 2015

Ho ho, I ended up liking and enjoying this weird anime.
I knew beforehand it was a cute show disguised horror but, heh, it keeps me wanting to watch more, even when by now no other major twist has risen.
I still expect the horror tag to be made honor.
Feb 10, 2018 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
Oh my god this episode was so tense,
damn that suspense,
I do not like flashbacks in general, but this one nailed it.
And, everything is built up like if the teacher would d i e,
and she did not
and I was happy,
but I guess it will end soon :(
(Kurumi best character currently)
bonjour
Feb 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Jun 2013
Nice we got a look at during the outbreak and man is it crazy. Anyone else hate when they say those things in any zombie show as if that world never had a zombie movie ever. Also yea all signs point to megumi being already dead and what we saw was right before she died. Im curious when yuki snapped since it seems she was still there when the shovel thing happened.
Aug 9, 2018 9:37 AM

Sep 2017
I thought I saw the oppai of the students bounce during the OP.

Good episode. But a lot of questions. Does Mii exist? She was not on the rooftop, so she could be a figment of imagination. Alos, does megu nee exist? She wasn't in the poster, and the students ignore her most of the time. Considering this is a zombie apocalypse, she may have been dead already and she just set up a system so that all of them live in their own world. And this image shows her in a crematory???, so it is also some symbolism there.Along with the students saying that she will stay at the school even though they graduate in time. That was super creepy too.

This episode was a little better than the previous two. I would like to see how they made it out of the apocalypse from the rooftop. Also, looks like Rieri and Ai-chan are in this anime too(After Konosuba). And Yuki is also Rem from Re:Zero.

Well, let's see if we get closer to the zombie apocalypse.

Guess for next episode: Miki is a lesbian.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 23, 2019 4:29 PM
Apr 2016
Seems like the zombies are REALLY inconsistent...at the first two episodes they're literally harmless, not aggressive at all, and now, episode 3, they're super aggressive, attacking, breaking things... The boy that was injured, on the roof, how did his skin, etc change in literally 1 minute? As if his body was rotting for days/weeks/months...his body was normal just before that time... Seems like the story is really messy, and so far not good at all. Feels like the zombie aspect was meant as a bait in order to execute a "cute girls doing cute things" show, so far...
Dec 27, 2019 6:22 PM
Jun 2017
In the last episode I thought that Megu was dead, but the final images of this episode has left me with doubts...
There are still a lot of things we don't know... I'm really excited for the next episodes!
Apr 3, 2020 5:29 AM

Feb 2020
So, this episode seems to confirm Megumi as being still well and alive, but at the same time, there are way too many hints implying the opposite.
The episode still showed us how she can be easily ignored, even forgotten. And Yuki mentionned how Megumi would have to stay at school even after the girls' graduation. Of course, in the context, it was to say that Megumi's a teacher, but I can't believe that there's nothing more.
Not to mention how Megumi stated that the four girls were the only survivors, and she isn't present on the show's official poster. And the way the girls thank her one after the other...
She exists for the other girls too, not just Yuki, but... She isn't exactly like them. Something happened to her when the zombies were attacking. This has me thinking, I don't recall having seen the tomb in the flashback. It's totally hers. Megumi died that day, I'm sure of it. And Kurumi probably is the one who buried her. Oh man that's messed up. But I still can't fully understand what Megumi is right now. Maybe a ghost ? Or she actually truly is in Yuki's mind. What if she became like, Yuki's split personality ? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out !
This show is becoming more and more interesting. Once again, the atmosphere is very well done, the tension was real.
But what I particularly liked was the characters' reactions. It is very interesting to see how everyone first reacted to the catastrophe. Megumi was clearly terrified, but she tried her best to protect her students, both physically and psychologically. What an admirable person.
Yuki, as expected, was completely terrorized and shocked, unable to do anything but break in tears.
Kurumi was first terrorized as well, trying to help her loved one but of course unable to do much... And then it looks like she kinda broke. The way she calmly kept crushing the zombie under her shovel was very disturbing.
And then there's Yuuri, who just... Tried her best. She seems to be pretty responsible.
(This has me wonder, where was Miki ? She was nowhere to be seen in the flashback.)
It really gave more depth to all four of them.
Megumi probably sacrificed herself or something, but since she promised herself to protect the girls, she's still there, even though she died.
Kurumi seemed to be very shy and timid, surprising considering how tough she is now, but this episode explained everything. What she had to do to survive, killing the one she loved, truly changed, hardened her.
Yuuri surprisingly seems to handle the situation pretty well, but it is probably a facade.
And finally, Yuki, who was already terrorized when she saw the zombies, but what really broke her seems to be the sight of Kurumi repeatedly crushing who used to be an actual person.
I feel so, so bad for them all. I am very afraid to see how everything will play out. Seeing what really happened to Megumi, and most likely witnessing Yuki realizing the truth... I'm not at all ready.
This show has a lot of potential, I hope I'm not raising my expectations too high.
May 6, 2020 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
Megu is not that interesting I gotta say lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 22, 2020 1:53 AM

Mar 2019
And of course Yuki is the person that reacted the worst to the outbreak. That whole flashback was really cool. I do wonder where Miki and the dog have come from, though.
I'm also curious what happened to Megu-nee. It kind of looked like she may have left the hideout. Perhaps she was attacked by zombies somewhere and got stuck in one of the rooms.
OωO
Jan 16, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2020
Things with Megumi are getting interesting. There's something mysterious about her.

SerafosApr 2, 10:58 PM
Feb 20, 2021 9:33 AM
Oct 2019
seeing how the whole zombiepocalypse started, and how Yuki totally lost it got to me. felt bad man

the teacher talking about writing her will and describing things in the past tense has me thinking she's going to die. that's gonna be sad. maybe that's why the 4 girls always forget about her, because she's already gone?

sheesh, the dichotomy of a zombiepocalypse and this cute/cheery school club gets me every episode. just feels wrong, which makes the show good
Oct 25, 2021 12:00 AM

Jun 2016
Eh, okay episode. Learning more about Megu-nee-sensei was cool (I don't care what everyone in the anime said, she seems like a great teacher) but the beginning of the outbreak itself was just every cheap zombie movie ever and didn't need to take up so much time. Hopefully there will be less half-hearted CGDCT and more of a survival SoL bent going forward, this anime is really bad at the former and really good at the later.
Jul 6, 2022 1:56 AM

Apr 2016
Amarrez said:

Bullied in reality by the people she considers friends in her delusions.

Great eye. Also RIP.
Jul 9, 2022 12:36 PM

May 2020
I'm beginning to think the initial reveal was the best part of this show. Now it's just moe vs. zombies, which is a fairly shallow concept to carry a series.
Nov 13, 2022 12:01 PM
Nov 2022
girly is gonna die mark my word
Jan 8, 2023 11:37 PM
Nov 2022
It's good actually.
Mar 24, 2023 10:48 AM
Mar 2023
I wish it has more seasons! I really liked the manga too!
Apr 30, 2023 10:03 PM

Aug 2019
this ep we got to see a bit more of how it all started. though what i dont really understand is why are ALL the windows broken. i dont see why either the zombies or the students running away from zombies would break windows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2023 5:07 PM
Feb 2022
Yuki is so important to the group. When the girls get too down, she always knows how to cheer them right up.
Oct 16, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2013
So we get Megu's view of how the apocalypse started, wonder when we'll get how she... "disappeared" though.
Oct 20, 2023 5:41 AM
Oct 2019
The tension in this flashbacks episode.

Still not sure if Megu-nee still alive or not, but there is more subtle hint in this episode telling she wasn't anymore.
davidyodo24Oct 20, 2023 5:51 AM
Jan 9, 2:42 AM

Oct 2022
They didn't included Megu while making plans for camping and also they ignored her in last ep. This is saying something
Jan 9, 3:06 AM

Jun 2020
Looks like Megumi died before they meet with Miki or when they find her because she is doesn’t have to much idea about her dead maybe triggered Yuki's situation.
Feb 16, 6:30 AM
Dec 2023
That's Masterpiece. especially during the scene where the four of them are on the roof
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.