Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2011
Shinoa proves that she's badass and cute once again XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 2, 2015 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
Give me the vampire slaying already :'(

Other than that, amusing as always.
This is actually one of those shows where I hate waiting a week for the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
My best girl of the season. Gotta love that personality. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2015 9:40 AM

Sep 2012
Shinoa is cute but that's all there really is to this show
Oh god who are you people?
May 2, 2015 9:43 AM

May 2013
the pace is so slow im gonna shit in my pants 1/5
May 2, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Really enjoyed this episode!
Nice show-off from Guren right there, would love to get some background plot for him.
Awesome tease for next week's episode too ^^
You're gonna carry that weight.
May 2, 2015 9:53 AM

Jun 2014
Why would vampires have trucks and planes ... aren't they faster on foot?

What happens if more than one person wanted the same weapon, then what? It must be convenient that none of the three had conflicting interests. We already know which weapons they have in the OP, so there is no suspense at all.

May 2, 2015 10:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, the animation was shit sometimes, with shit fluidity.

If Guren and Shinoa wasn't in this anime, this show would be really meh with all these crappy characters imo
DatRandomDudeMay 2, 2015 10:26 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 2013
Never stop poking fun at Yu, or Guren, or anyone for that matter, Shinoa.

Feb 2015
Vexper said:
Hurry up and give me vampire slaying already! ;-;

+1
May 2, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
booooooooriiiiiiiiiiing

holy shit its not only that this anime is plagued by every anime stereotype in the history of anime, but it also throws hours of expo-talk at the viewer about shit we already know and have seen multiple times before.

Just get the fucking demon weapon already holy shit.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 2, 2015 10:16 AM

Oct 2014
I love Shinoa more and more every episode

Mika has such a sad life

Can't wait to see Yu in action with his sword

Baka Gurren is pretty powerful then
May 2, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
Shinoa is aids. She might be the most annoying heroin in this season.
May 2, 2015 10:27 AM

Feb 2015
anyone else notice how good the music was?
May 2, 2015 10:30 AM
Oct 2014
Almost dropped this when I tough it will be a school-themed shounen, not because I hate school-themed but the odd change between the first episode and later. That was a huge turn off but I'm glad I'm back and give it more chance.

So the vampire claim that wasn't them who brought the virus to human world, but the Imperial Demon Army also couldn't be that trusted. Ugh, I hate the feeling of betrayal.

I wonder how much Yu will 'react' when he find out Mika is alive... and a vampire.
May 2, 2015 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
My favourite series, Attack on Vampire.

But seriously, I like the little vampire-girl boss, she's cute in her own way
May 2, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
HONESTLY, Shinoa and Guren are two of the most waste characters i have ever seen. They try to be so cool and badass but they only come of as being the biggest fucking teases ever. They have no purpose in this show than to be a pain in the ass for the main character. Terrible characters, should just go fuckin die.

Overall, a meh episode ..... AGAIN for THE FIFTH STRAIGHT WEEK, stop giving screen time to Shinoa and stop making Guren a tease character, he could be so much better
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 2, 2015 10:40 AM

Feb 2011
Br4nd0nHeat said:
Guren goes Bankai!!
seems most of the episode budget went into those hairy things from his sword xD

terrance207 said:

strangely yes, this time it was fitting most of the times
ZeandoMay 2, 2015 10:50 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 2, 2015 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
Mika T____T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 2, 2015 11:01 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
SchwingBoner said:
Really like Shinoa

the annoying pink haired scrub?Worst character of the show after Yu

There's 2 kind of people..
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 2, 2015 11:09 AM

Feb 2015
Oomph, this is getting interesting! Finally, the weapon episode is coming next!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 2, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
Lot of talking in this ep, next ep looks like action oriented ep.
May 2, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
Quite an interesting episode despite not an awful lot happening. The power of Guren's sword is pretty awesome, and the trial they're about to do seems really interesting. It sucks that I'll have to wait a week to see the rest of it.
May 2, 2015 12:29 PM

Nov 2010
Uhm.. Were the kids at the old home Mika's family? I thought they all died?
May 2, 2015 12:46 PM
Sep 2014
What's up with the animation this week? That was horrible.
I only started paying real attention at the end of the episode, since it was pretty slow.
I expect great stuff next week

May 2, 2015 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
Rinji- said:
Uhm.. Were the kids at the old home Mika's family? I thought they all died?

I guess that were just some random kids living there now
May 2, 2015 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
The animation quality in general sure took a nosedive this episode..

it's like there just aren't any in-between frames at all.

Guren pulling out his black jizz was well animated, but pretty much everything else looked like total arse.
May 2, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
Oh boy, looks like my concerns from last week were confirmed. Only the music direction was completely fine compared to the animation direction this time. This episode was almost unwatchable. Aku no Hana and Kingdom S1 didn't distract from the narrative this much. It wasn't just the hyperactive fluidity either, character's faces sunk or fell apart a lot. It didn't help how padded out it was. I can only hope this is a matter of saving budget and maintaining a constant plan with the episode directors for future eps/experimenting with the animation in comedy scenes, in which case this episode won't matter in the long run as long if the rest go as planned. Unfortunately, the planning of the episodes has been all too suspect up till now so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Shinoa also took a hit with the way the comedy was animated, she came off ten times more obnoxious than in the manga. I really hope they handle her differently later on.
May 2, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
Episode felt dragged out and the animation was really weird in some scenes. Probably my least favourite episode so far.
May 2, 2015 1:16 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shinoa's teasing Yuu with his paper was hilarious! She just can't leave the guy alone. Well, that kinda did make him popular in the class though.

Guren going Bankai to test the students was the best scene. Those aura and eerie sounds probably took up most of the budget for this episode. Pretty sick!

The weapon selection part was a big dragged out, but that nothing major to complain about. Hope they don't resort to this frequently just to fill up the duration time.

Decent episode. Looks like Yoichi will be possessed by the demon next week. Yuu will probably end up saving him though.

May 2, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
This episode dragged on and when the epic stuff was going to happen --> TO BE CONTINUED >.<
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 2, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2013
Hiiragi is a freaking troll lol

Its 5 episodes in and we are still doing the introduction stuff. Either they know they are getting a second season or they want us to read the light novel.
May 2, 2015 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Yuu and the others are able to get their chances on those demon weapons.
May 2, 2015 1:57 PM
Mar 2015
Shinoa is crazy and awesome, I really liked the scene where Mika visited his old home, it seems like things are about to get real.
May 2, 2015 2:08 PM

Mar 2014
Actually I thought the animation was really amusing this week. Yes some of it was different from the rest but it was fluid and gave a lot of character to....the characters. It wasn't very clean like the rest of the animation but I really liked it. People calling it bad animation don't know what they're talking about because animating scenes like this takes an incredible amount of frames and there where multiple scenes in this episode with long walk cycles and characters that were constantly moving, I even spotted some mouth syncs which are rare in anime. Faces can't be perfect in every single frame in scenes like that

"Unwatchable episode"? Seriously, there were only a handful of scenes with "that" animation, the other 95% was the same as last week.
May 2, 2015 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
Shinoa's such a troll lol
May 2, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
Nice cliffhanger ending, SnK used to do this shit too.

In fact, this reminds me a lot of when Eren was trying to get his 3DMG. Without the edgy demons.

That paintbrush filter the backgrounds have. Just ew. It's not making the art look anymore grim, just repulsive.

An overall decent episode, but there was ponderous build-up to something that didn't even happen in this episode. It's okay I guess.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
May 2, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
Anyone know where I can find the music that was playing while Mika was walking to his old house?
May 2, 2015 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Probably the worst episode so far. Did they just forget to do the in between frames for some of the scenes? The art and animation was horrible to the point where it became quite distracting and they also need to do something about that darn pacing. We're five episodes in and the story is progressing at the pace of a snail which is bringing down the series for me. Also how do people even like Shinoa? The way her character has been portrayed so far makes her straight up obnoxious. I don't know how anyone found it hilarious but that scene where she took Yuu's test was pretty awkward.

Although the only redeeming quality this episode was some of Mikaela's scene and the little development on the vampire's side. Too bad we can't see more them right now because they're more interesting compared to Yuu's boring interactions in the school

2/5
Z4KMay 2, 2015 2:57 PM
May 2, 2015 2:48 PM

Apr 2014
So the war begins.
Shinoa is kind of annoying...
Finally, they gets a try of getting their hands on a curse weapon.
May 2, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2010
terrance207 said:

My God I want this music so bad!!
May 2, 2015 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
Some clear budget issues this episode. Probably to save money for something coming up soon I'm guessing.
May 2, 2015 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
"damn kids wont stfu. lets give em our rarest, most powerful weapons without any training"
May 2, 2015 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
Loved this episode. Not sure what everyone is complaining about with the animation. i thought it was good. The giant demon faces in the background at the end were hella creepy.

And I'm rather enjoying the slow pacing. I hate it when shows move too fast and don't give time for the characters to build.
May 2, 2015 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
Goddamn was this padded with shitty cliche dialogue. The choppy animation didn't help. I actually thought the animation was good for a moment but my computer was lagging but then realized that this was how it actually looked. Maybe this one was outsourced?
Kalisto said:
And I'm rather enjoying the slow pacing. I hate it when shows move too fast and don't give time for the characters to build.

Characters weren't built at all this week. All they did was repeat their usual quirks and re-state motivations until the end of the episode. It was wasting time.
gedataMay 3, 2015 12:50 PM
May 2, 2015 3:07 PM

Dec 2013
Kalisto said:
Anyone know where I can find the music that was playing while Mika was walking to his old house?

Literally the first time I noticed the music in this show. That track was good.

The track will come with the rest of the ost probably. Anyone knows when it'll be released?
May 2, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2013
gedata said:
Goddamn was this padded with shitty cliche dialogue. The choppy animation didn't help. I actually thought the animation was good but my computer was lagging but apparently what I saw was the truth.
Kalisto said:

Characters weren't built at all this week. All they did was repeat their usual quirks and re-state motivations until the end of the episode. It was wasting time.

The only new information was that scene with the meeting near the start.

Also Guren pulling out his weapon on the class was pretty cool.

And Shinoa being a troll keeps things interesting.

But other than that....
May 2, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
Animation quality definitely suffered in this episode. I think it was part of why the overall pacing of the episodes feel slow, aside from the content.

Still don't understand this huge love for Shinoa, this was the part where of the series where she still really got on my nerves. I'm not loving her VA either tbh :/ I'll wait until we see the more serious side of Shinoa before I judge though.

Anyways, I kind of liked the part they added with Mika actually (with the two kids). That wasn't in the manga.

Pretty excited to see how they animate the demons next episode :D

P.s. just wanted to comment on the soundtrack, it's pretty awesome!
May 2, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2012
Hiiragi still as unlikable as ever.

Oddly enough,she's the only character that stands out of the entire cast,what does that say about the rest of the cast?

Also the pacing was really slow this episode.
May 2, 2015 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
This episode went by so fast I don't want to wait another week for the next one ugh. I don't understand why everyone is complaing about pacing, I think it's good. It ruins everything when a show is rushed, I'd much rather it be a bit slow tbh. That poor ass animation tho...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.