Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 27, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
I was hoping for a great but realistic ballad. But ofc there had to be stupid "shounen-ish" elements in it... like the grandpa master that kills dozens of enemies in mere seconds then gets killed by the bad guy...
And swords do note break like that that goddamit, when will the chinese cartooners ever learn. Yes japanese swords were fragile, but only when hit on the side, not head-on. And his sword was not even japanese-styled, more like a medieval one. That's why i call bullshit (or magical sword, but please, that would be even worse...)

And yes this is similar to Akatsuki no Yona, in the aspect that super strong people swear fealty to a weakling useless brat... Thing that by the way never ever happens. In the middle-ages, it was far from rare that princes and kings were destituted because they were incompetent or considered as weak.

So far this anime is OK, but too romanticized for me.
Oct 18, 2015 8:02 AM

May 2012
Overall decent development, let's see what's next!
Oct 23, 2015 1:26 AM
Oct 2011
The dub is really fantastic. Really like the casting choices.

Great stuff in both dub and sub. So glad it did so well to get more.

rayeine said:
RIP Vahriz.

God, this is getting good.

That was such an amazing scene. Man, Vahriz was badass, impressive work.
Also, Vic totally nails Silver Mask right away here in just his first scene. Damn.

And Dismuke did a fantastic job on that challenging scene with the "anybody!" scream too.
Nov 10, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2011
Seriously....why would you make your escape route (or any other route) for troop movement in the most disadvantage path? How the hell did this king manage to have a winning streak for so long? 0/10 strategy-would starcraft II him.
"It is the emptiness that make the stars bright."

"If you've known pain and hardship, it is easier to be kind to others."
Feb 10, 2016 6:05 PM

Mar 2010
FUCK I can't remember any of the names other than Arslan. Anyways yeah this had some good moments, especially about the one where they talked about how horrible it was to kill the women and children.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2016 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
This is amazing so far and I continue to be surprised by how historically accurate its depictions are.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 23, 2016 11:05 PM

Jul 2013
That masked guy is voiced by Kaji Yuki. How am I supposed to take him seriously? lol. Look at him, he's angry that the king did not recognize him.. wtf you're wearing a freaking mask! that's just stupid. It's like asking a blindfolded person how many fingers you're holding up. Whatever this is clearly a wrong choice of voice actor. I like most of his characters but his voice is fit only to edgy male teenagers not vengeful evil villains smh.

What is marzban? what is farsang? They really should do some info dump soon because I'm getting confused.
May 25, 2016 5:59 PM
Feb 2016
PrimeX said:

What is marzban? what is farsang? They really should do some info dump soon because I'm getting confused.

As far as I know, Marzban is a rank in Parsian military and it means a leader of 10000 cavalry. Farsang is a unit of distance used in Pars and 1farsang=5km.
May 25, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
KolmeDG said:
PrimeX said:

As far as I know, Marzban is a rank in Parsian military and it means a leader of 10000 cavalry. Farsang is a unit of distance used in Pars and 1farsang=5km.
Thanks. I'm 10 episodes in but still no idea about those.
Jun 29, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2015
Nice episode, i guess from here on it will be a quest to reconquer his country, hope more amazing large scale battle like that are too come !
Oct 27, 2016 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
That distorted sound they play for whenever that masked fella used his sword was annoying as hell. Other than that, another good episode. Sucks that their army got defeated in such a crappy manner.

This show really makes me want to play some Medieval II: Total War xD
Dec 20, 2016 6:49 AM

Dec 2015
Lol this keeps getting better and better #Sarcasm
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 22, 2017 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Episode kept reminding me of JoJo.

And so the King is dead.

Wish Vahriz didn't die. He was cool.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 26, 2017 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
RIP old man Vahriz.

Again, Lusitania's strategy really was something. Some many traitors in the ranks. Wonder how they were able to get their support.

Seo Kouji's illustration

Jul 17, 2017 5:24 PM
Mar 2016
HapHazrD said:
I was hoping for a great but realistic ballad. But ofc there had to be stupid "shounen-ish" elements in it... like the grandpa master that kills dozens of enemies in mere seconds then gets killed by the bad guy...
And swords do note break like that that goddamit, when will the chinese cartooners ever learn. Yes japanese swords were fragile, but only when hit on the side, not head-on. And his sword was not even japanese-styled, more like a medieval one. That's why i call bullshit (or magical sword, but please, that would be even worse...)

And yes this is similar to Akatsuki no Yona, in the aspect that super strong people swear fealty to a weakling useless brat... Thing that by the way never ever happens. In the middle-ages, it was far from rare that princes and kings were destituted because they were incompetent or considered as weak.

So far this anime is OK, but too romanticized for me.
true but yona actually became stronger over time as she discovered herself and hopefully if theres a season 2, we can see how much shes grown
Jul 17, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2015
groovykirito said:
true but yona actually became stronger over time as she discovered herself and hopefully if theres a season 2, we can see how much shes grown

Woah, what a throwback. Amusing to read a post I've written 2 years ago xD

Concerning Yona, I failed to see how she got better. I watched 22 episodes of it and at that point she was still getting carried by her followers and accomplishing very little by herself.
If you liked Yona though, I can only urge you to watch Juuni Kokuki, as it has a similar premise and delivered a better execution imo.
Jul 18, 2017 1:56 PM
Mar 2016
HapHazrD said:
groovykirito said:

Woah, what a throwback. Amusing to read a post I've written 2 years ago xD

Concerning Yona, I failed to see how she got better. I watched 22 episodes of it and at that point she was still getting carried by her followers and accomplishing very little by herself.
If you liked Yona though, I can only urge you to watch Juuni Kokuki, as it has a similar premise and delivered a better execution imo.
yeah, she was still partically handicapped, but she wasn't like those female MCs who scream for help every 2 seconds and dont even make an attempt to better themselves. she genuinely wanted to be able to fight for herself, and if i can remember i think she even had son hak help her train with archery and i think she also had a sword? but her progress was extremely slow so i can see what you mean.

and thanks for the suggestion, ill add it to my list! i really enjoyed yona so ive been looking for more shows like it
Dec 30, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2015
Yea sure. Arslan is still a pussy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 27, 2018 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
RIP old man. Did the king died? But OP seem to tell he gets captured alive. The story is progressing nice and slowly.

I would love to watch more episodes, but I'm busy with studies. At least one episode a day would do.
Oct 6, 2020 12:58 PM
Oct 2019
Well, they do make contact with Narsus. Curious how that goes. What knowledge he has.

Down goes the swordsmanship teacher. Sad. Silver mask enemy in intriguing. He knows the king somehow. A 16 year grudge? Could he be the King's younger brother? Could he be Arslan's father (since there's something weird going on between Arslan and his 2 parents)? I have no clue. Silver mask may just be a formerly defeated enemy seeking revenge.
Feb 20, 2022 10:07 AM
Nov 2020
Aah in battle there is always confusion but they changed side in a sec wtf get real
Sep 28, 2022 7:49 AM

Feb 2022
Silvermask is the Kings bastard child through rape?, during a previous campaign

Well, theres doubting how evil Lusitania is, child butchers...

Hmmm another silver haired character, suspicious
Mar 18, 2023 12:42 PM

Oct 2022
Andragoras did ran away, it was reluctant, but daring escape! 😏
Audaces fortuna juvat.
Jan 5, 9:31 AM

Feb 2012
Kharlan used Daryun for the purposes of overthrowing King Andragoras. Does he hope Lusitania to install him as a client king or will he turn on them after he's done? Other traitors in the Parsian army sabotage the King's order to retreat to throw the troops into disarray, resulting in Kubard and Shapur's deaths.

On the way to the royal capital, the retreating forces are ambushed by Lusitanian archers, Vahriz clears the path of Lusitanian cavalry but guest general Silver Mask slaughters both him and Andragoras. His words indicate a personal grudge against the King. Was he a former slave or a relative of one?

The resilient Parsian cavalry emerged out of the flames to attack the Lusitanian fort; though the Lusitanians achieved their objectives, they do suffer heavy losses. Under the name of their god, the Lusitanians committed atrocities against Maryam, which may haunt one of the commanders at the fort.

Arslan and Daryun visit the residence of Narsus, some sort of polymath. Given that they are to set out on a journey in the ED, is Daryun gathering a contingent of skilled men for Arslan to lead?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.