Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Aug 2012
a_cloud said:
i cant say i like the fighting scenes with Amon involved, too slow imo. Centipede already? wonder what Ishida has in mind. Great episode to watch.

yeah the fighting lacks impact this episode...too slow
Jan 29, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2013
Yatsume said:
Just noticed that in the opening, Kaneki's eyepatch is on his normal eye instead of his Ghoul one. I wonder if it's symbolic of Kaneki accepting being half-Ghoul or something else.

Isn't his eyepatch always on his normal eye when he has his mask on to hide the fact he's a half-ghoul?

Anyway, low quality episode, but glad to see we have Amon's backstory and many confrontations.
Akira is bitten by Naki which made Amon carry her out. Juuzo meets his old friends, Kuro and Shiro.
Ayato's going to fight Shinohara who's using Arata as armor. Shachi beating up Kaneki which results in Centipede Kaneki.

At least we know Kaneki still cares for Anteiku. Hopefully, quality gets better.
But I guess I enjoyed. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 29, 2015 3:32 PM
Oct 2014
CENTIPEDE!!

Also the fight scenes were pretty bad.
Jan 29, 2015 3:33 PM

Dec 2012
Theorder14 said:
I wonder why the ghouls go down so easily by gunshots. It was stated in the manga that guns have little effect on ghouls and that's why they made quinques. >.>

special bullets

on a side note, great episode, however the action wasn't animated very well. it was like someone turned off the gravity, cause like when they'd jump they'd like float in the air for much longer than necessary..

nice to see kaneki actually acting like kaneki. he seemed sorta out of character these past few eps.
Jan 29, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
The fights did not seem as intense as the first season.
My Candies:
Jan 29, 2015 3:42 PM

Dec 2014
Fireego said:
Yatsume said:
Just noticed that in the opening, Kaneki's eyepatch is on his normal eye instead of his Ghoul one. I wonder if it's symbolic of Kaneki accepting being half-Ghoul or something else.

Isn't his eyepatch always on his normal eye when he has his mask on to hide the fact he's a half-ghoul?

Oh. Well never mind then <.<. I messed up.
Jan 29, 2015 3:48 PM

Jul 2009
GreenBenjamin said:
Too many people here are ignoring the QUALITY in the whole 2nd season.

Fixed for you.

Can't even compare the overall quality in this season with the 1st season.
Jan 29, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
It was good that that pace picked up but the dialogue is really lacking.. like attacking kaneki because he smelt like someone he knew ? ?
Jan 29, 2015 4:00 PM

Dec 2014
I like the supporting character development this second season has, but I want a bit more development on Kaneki's side.

The centipede was kinda random, like how long has he been in Aogiri at this point? A month or two? I hope they show what happened to him during this time, I doubt he just sprouted the thing after eating a bunch of ghouls and then losing a fight. Ishida's a better writer than that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
I can't stand watching the horrible fight scenes. I laughed on how ugly the kagunes are (Kaneki's is the worst). I rolled my eyes after seeing the terrible pacing.

That's it. I'm dropping this pile of shit.
Jan 29, 2015 4:02 PM

May 2012
Did I miss something? Ken said I'm here to save you and then they start fighting? I don't get it?

Gave it four episodes don't think I can do anymore. The lack of common sense is to great for me. I catch this when madhouse gets it's and makes an ten epic OVAs out of it.
Jan 29, 2015 4:04 PM
May 2014
Jesus christ, this episode was terrible, animation-wise and storytelling wise. Almost fucking nothing makes sense if you just think about it a little and everything just seems shoehorned for the sake of adapting the manga faster. I really hope it somehow gets better.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jan 29, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2013
Yatsume said:
Fireego said:

Oh. Well never mind then <.<. I messed up.

Don't worry, you got the symbolism part right. (^_^) The opening is filled with quite a lot of them.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 29, 2015 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
Well ... The animation was kinda bad but aside from that the episode really good for me.

Suzuya v KuroShiro - Shinohara v Ayato - Sachi v Kaneki - Akira+Amon v Naki (Maybe Tsukiyama will come).

I found this episode really interesting. Can't wait for the next episode >_<

4/5
Jan 29, 2015 4:22 PM
Feb 2014
They only got money for Kaneki...

I hope we get to see a good adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul in the future and not this low budget crap

They changed the Kanou Lab saga for this... "thing"

And the Centipede... where are the fucked up dialogues?
Jan 29, 2015 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
How is CCG keeping ghouls alive in prisons ? Are they feeding them with human meat ? Im guessing it was explained in the manga, feel free to spoil me manga readers. I just find it really interesting.
Jan 29, 2015 4:42 PM
Dec 2011
Thorden said:
How is CCG keeping ghouls alive in prisons ? Are they feeding them with human meat ? Im guessing it was explained in the manga, feel free to spoil me manga readers. I just find it really interesting.

It isnt explained in the manga yet also. One of the biggest questions in manga(or probably the biggest) since it may lead to the key of the future ghoul/human balance... idk.

anyway on this episode, omg, I laughed throughout the episode seeing how bad the animation was especially when my eyes were just served with top notch animation quality with Free! and Shingeki no Kyojin shortly before watching this. I really had hard time to finish this episode and literally skipped big portion of it to get to the ED instead. Oh god, TG deserves so much better than this.

Like what the hell happened with Akira/Naki's fight? It was awkward, even the manga had it wayyy better despite being black/white static pieces of paper. and they just made Amon standing there, didnt even bother to back her up until she got pawned to the floor like hahahaha.

and the whole Sachi/Kaneki fight was ridiculous, I am disappointed with the Kanekipede. It wasnt as fuckd as in manga. Sorry but I couldnt help but to compare with manga since they literally adapted the same scenarios but with Kaneki being in different situation.

ED is awesome per usual. God bless Ishida with his artworks.
Jan 29, 2015 4:45 PM

Mar 2013
As much as I liked seeing Centipede, why is he there? Where did that come from Kaneki?
Why are we not following Kaneki in this anime anymore? So far we have only seen glimpses of Kaneki this whole time. I hope they explain next episode or at least show or something Kaneki's actual mental state because this just seems random.

Besides Kaneki joining Aogiri I have yet to see how this anime is different from the manga.
I don't see how this is a different route.
All I see is, not matter what decision Kaneki makes the end result shall always be the same....
-LuhuiJan 29, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 29, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
boy was that animation rough made this hard to watch ,Centipede reveal so soon??? i wonder why they changed from the Lab to the CCG prison also.

think the little bit i liked the most was finding out the inspectors Arata is Ayato's dad
Jan 29, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
My my. Some fights are about to go down.
Jan 29, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
Kinda not feeling Kaneki as a protagonist anymore. we have no idea what he is doing and thinking, and i feel like the show will only explain eveything at the end which seem like a cop out.Atleast in other great animes , when Zero (code geass) and light (death note) were turning evil, we knew the reasoning and thought process behind it. I feel like This show messed up with developing Kaneki's thoughts and development. And is really okay with the killing of so much humans after the 1st season was much bout his inner conflict of not killing humans but now we dont even get to know how his mindset through everything.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 29, 2015 5:32 PM

Feb 2008
Animation was absolutely horrid. The fight scenes were incredibly awkward to watch, very disappointed. I guess I can see now where the 'alternate' universe is heading, which leads me to believe that Tokyo Ghoul Re: will be animated because the end destination will be the same as the original manga. Still, the scenes were all jumbled and there was no flow, add in the terrible animation, and this episode was hard to watch.
Jan 29, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
That ending really made me wtf, in the end still a great episode though.

Jan 29, 2015 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
Except for Ayato seeing the Arata quinque this episode was SO BAD.
Horrible animation, the fights were painful to watch. They didn't look like fights at all.
Why was Kaneki fighting Sachi? :l
Centipede already? Was Kaneki eating ghouls like in the manga?

Oh boy, I'm just waiting for Tokyo Ghoul: Brotherhood.
Jan 29, 2015 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
Disliked this episode. It just... felt very rushed, very forced, very out of place. Animation was bad, some stuff was adjusted from the manga in a bad way, other was just funny to watch.

I honestly prefer the slow and steady feel the first three episodes gave off, this just looks like another Season 1 TG in the making.

2/5

NandoKpo said:
I hope we get to see a good adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul in the future and not this low budget crap

Probably not going to happen, at least as long as Pierrot is the studio animating Tokyo Ghoul. A second chance is something that everyone deserves, but if this keeps up, which hopefully it doesn't, then my opinion will be cemented: Pierrot should just stick to making Naruto fillers.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 29, 2015 5:52 PM

Sep 2007
CENTIPEDE-CHAN~~~ <3
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 29, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, I liked it, but kind of a confusing episode... Finally they pack up the action, but it was during that "on the budget" episode that the animation quality drops. It made the previous episodes look better even in the action department.

The gunshots were really weird, I'm not sure about having humans on Aogiri, but apparently the one-eyed twins were implied human once too like Kaneki. Maybe that's the only way to become one-eyed.

And Kaneki? Well, he's been hyped by the other characters to be strong now but was barely show to do cool stuff onscreen this season and just gets beaten up by a random new guy with no background or information on him rather than "he's in the badass prison". A bit of a letdown if you ask me. Sounded like in the end that he might be putting up a fight properly in the next episode but to me that was the biggest turn off in the episode. Don't make me believe he's changing from emo chump to badass action hero and dedicate so much screen time just to beat him up, I don't care if the other guy is supposed to be characterized now as "just that much strong". It makes it look like Kaneki is but a poser.

(on the other side hey first time telling straight about what's on Kaneki's mind since he joined Aogiri, cool)

Kudos to the ED though, so goooood. ^^
Jan 29, 2015 6:11 PM

Nov 2007
Whoever directed this ep should be slapped

-why were aogiri ghouls dying from gunshots?
-why did all the ghouls have the same kagune?
-why did kamishiro's cell not open till kaneki came up to it?
-why did he even attack kaneki when he was there to set him free
-animation was lazy
-fights were lazy

one good part:
CENTIPEDE KANEKI!!!!!!!!!

also the manga never really stated how they actually keep the ghouls alive there and how they are prevented from using their

banana
Jan 29, 2015 6:14 PM
Jul 2012
Theorder14 said:
I wonder why the ghouls go down so easily by gunshots. It was stated in the manga that guns have little effect on ghouls and that's why they made quinques. >.>

Go to the wiki. They made q-bullets or something along those lines. Essentially its bullets made of quinque steel. They are weak, but in amount, they are probably effective. Especially if they are just standing there.
Jan 29, 2015 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shit the fight scenes in this episode were so freaking lame and slow. Compared to like every other fights in the series they must have had to cut some animation budget or something with that amount of fighting they decided to jam into a single episode.
Jan 29, 2015 6:44 PM

Jul 2014
Centipede next episode :D
Jan 29, 2015 6:51 PM
Nov 2013
i'm surprised with all the love for this season so far. it's been an awkward development and yes there is action, but animation-wise, it doesn't do it justice.
is it the same studio that did last season?
my criticisms of this season aren't a comparison to the original storyline either.
i was very interested to see how aogiri kaneki would be like and it just doesn't seem like they've attempted to develop him. now he's falling back on the beginnings of kanekipede.
with this alternate storyline, i don't see kanekipede as a very interesting character unless his motives were different. instead, he's doing the same old uncontrollable, "i'm going to protect everyone", psychotic kaneki. i suppose i don't mind it, but i was a little let down by that, and just this season so far.
anyway, i'll keep watching and expecting the best from ishida.
Jan 29, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2014
I see, should have guessed. Eat more and become stronger. I see how Jason's logic rooted in his brain now... Poor Kaneki.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 29, 2015 6:58 PM

Jul 2010
They called him Amon, the savior of waifu.

Pretty good episode I'd say, new power up for Kaneki? Looking forward to see that.
Also nice OST in the end.
Jan 29, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2012
what a boring ep,, another powerup for kaneki, ok,.

Jan 29, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2014
Wow, animation sucked so much, almost stopped watching...
Ok episode i think, kaneki now got his centipede, but that way is not how he got it in the manga...
Jan 29, 2015 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
Some1 is gon die on next ep. XD
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Jan 29, 2015 7:19 PM

Oct 2014
I just wonder what would the scores look like if you were to separate anime-only viewers and manga-readers.
Jan 29, 2015 7:33 PM

Oct 2013
This is even worst than the first season
This anime is getting more and more similar to Bleach

Just bunch of people fighting using 'unique' weapon and getting random power up, but, instead of being cool, the characters try to be eccentric.

There is no sense of heroism in this anime/series
The police kill the ghoul just because they have to, not to protect humanity
(it's suppose to protect humanity, but the feel is just not there)
It's nothing more than gang fight.

When I first watch this anime
I thought he's just a simple character who will try to protect his new home/society from discrimination by human. Him being ghoul/human will become the bridge to this process.
Turns out it just another generic battle shounen
Toaki90Jan 29, 2015 8:02 PM
"Burn the heretics"
Jan 29, 2015 7:44 PM
Jul 2013
Yeah, this episode just solidified my certainty that I'm only sticking around for every instance of Tsukiyama showing up that there'll end up being. Kaneki's motivations and personality (and personality changes) need to be taken and explored more seriously. Aogiri's planning, discussion, psychological reasoning and etc. need to given more focus as opposed to showcasing them in a FUCK SHIT UP WITH SOME CRYPTIC, 2 SECOND STATEMENTS MADE WHILE RUNNING AND CONTINUING TO FUCK SHIT UP manner. Amon standing there in a daze while Akira's leg gets gnawed into oblivion was ridiculous and even further highlighted the laziness of the animation. I think at this point it's fair to say that Kaneki's leitmotif is just that operatic woman singing in English every time he gets the shit beaten out of him, and it's cheesy as all hell. They're really just glazing over any of the interesting psychology, prospective moral dilemmas and interpersonal connections that makes the original so interesting, and it's painful to watch.

That said, I do still like the opening and the ending. Art's gorgeous and Kisetsu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku is my jam. But in order for this to regain its integrity, many changes are ~*~essential!!! No kidding~*~!!!
Jan 29, 2015 8:43 PM

Aug 2010
I'm definitely glad the manga didn't take this route. We barely get to even see inside Kanek's head.

Hyped for Centipede chan, but it sort of came out of nowhere. In the manga

I pretty much liked it because I read the manga and from what I see in discussions anime only viewers aren't really enjoying this. Feels like this anime was made for us manga readers.

Oh yeah, I also really like how Eto saved her husbando xD
Jan 29, 2015 9:00 PM
Dec 2011
[quote=Ragna92]I'm definitely glad the manga didn't take this route. We barely get to even see
Ragna92 said:
I'm definitely glad the manga didn't take this route. We barely get to even see inside Kanek's head.

Hyped for Centipede chan, but it sort of came out of nowhere. In the manga

I pretty much liked it because I read the manga and from what I see in discussions anime only viewers aren't really enjoying this. Feels like this anime was made for us manga readers.

Oh yeah, I also really like how Eto saved her husbando xD

Uhmmm...? Are you serious? Manga readers despise this episode or the whole 'adaptation' to be exact. I mean who can enjoy this after reading the epic original material? Well at least not me and couple bunch of other manga readers I saw online.

The anime leaves sooooo many plotholes, the pacing is awkward and random, Kaneki is being OOC, and just when I hope to see some awesome animated action, there goes my only hope~

Some maybe got enough of this manga readers never ending complaints on the anime but seriously, TG deserves so much better than this.
Jan 29, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
It seems they are directing the anime to coincide with the key points of the manga, but I found forced the part of the invasion and the struggles that formed, it seemed that the facts were forced in the story

But there were great struggles, and Kaneki caught enough, however in the end something that many expect was shown, the centipede appears ..
Jan 29, 2015 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
That was an unbearable one sided fight...
At least we get to see what looks like an epic transformation in the end..
Jan 29, 2015 10:13 PM

May 2012
holy crap dat ending, kaneki getting even more BA
Jan 29, 2015 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
Just to get a few things out of the way: The animation in this episode was goddamn awful and not fluid at all. The choreography of the fights looked extremely lazy and awkward, i think we can all agree with that.

Now with that being said, it was a slow, action-oriented episode.

I like how we got to see Donato and Amon's past, the stuff with Juuzou and the twins is gonna be good.

The damn inverted scenes are back, oh well, at least they toned it down a lot.

I still think it's too soo for centipede-chan, i'm hoping you know what you're doing Ishida...

Soundtrack and ED art were delightful as always.

4/5
PriestSlayerJan 29, 2015 10:31 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 29, 2015 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
yeah, this was pretty bad. awful animation (those fights looked like a slideshow) and the buildup to centipede wasn't handled pretty well either.
Jan 29, 2015 10:35 PM
Nov 2013
Some nice action scenes this episode, although they felt kind of dull because the animation was pretty dull. Also, it was nice to actually hear Kaneki say a few words this episode, so him joining Aogiri is to protect everyone at Anteiku? I also love Akira at this point, Akira x Amon all the way!

Other than that, I think the story is coming along nicely.
Jan 29, 2015 10:45 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, a crappy episode ._.
I Thought it could better but damn i am wrong.
The animation of the fight scenes felt so dull and were not really exciting.

Too bad Tsukiyama's + Naki's interaction didn't get animated :(

Jan 29, 2015 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
Who cares about the reveal....

Seriously this episode was borderline awful. For an episode full of fighting...that was some utterly boring fighting. Stale. That's literally the word for it. All those one hits and the dialogue was about the worst the installment has seen. Not trending in a good direction.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.