Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 18, 2014 9:33 PM
Oct 2013
Fuck you Takahiro.
Dec 18, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2014
OK, That's it. This show > Madoka.
Poor Karin, both blind and deaf? that's just cruel.
And that soundtrack... DAT.FUCKING.SOUNDTRACK! the song that starts at 20:01 is so goddamn epic!
Dec 18, 2014 11:11 PM
Mar 2014
SO FUCKING SAD!!! this series has proven to me time and time again that it is a masterpiece id even say it rivals madoka magica in terms of a magical girl anime. extremly well told and excellent storyline. im both looking forward to and dreading the final episode. im just gonna go back to almost crying now also evryone keeps noticing how karin lost her sight ant hearing, but her right arm and leg were also lost, pay attention to where the stripes appeared on each mankai transformation
xtremepain96Dec 18, 2014 11:14 PM
Dec 18, 2014 11:34 PM

Aug 2013
... I haven't gotten so emotional watching an anime in a long time.

That was so intense and so much feels.

Knew Karin was going to use Mankai but didn't expect her to use so many times until she is now deaf and blind ;_;

Looking forward to how all of this is going to end next week. ;_;
Cute is justice.
Dec 19, 2014 12:22 AM
Sep 2010
it has been a long time since mai-hime, an action scene that can actually makes me cry
wabi sabi
Dec 19, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2014
xtremepain96 said:
id even say it rivals madoka magica in terms of a magical girl anime.

If nxt episode Yuna can solve everything in brilliant way as Madoka i'd rate it 10/10, But imo it's Madoka still more better, this show is really slow until episode 9.
Dec 19, 2014 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
This better get an happy ending :'(

Poor Karin, lost almost everything to fight all those enemies.
What will Yuuna choose in the end.
Dec 19, 2014 2:35 AM
Sep 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
Could have been more interesting if the creator put more effort in the "drama", the first 6 episodes is just a waste of time since clearly the screenwriter was playing with the expectation of the audience, and we are likely to get a broken ending like some of the anime in this season.

Playing with the expectation of the audience?

I disagree. Those earlier episodes were vital to creating the current atmosphere. The singing episode was SO slice of life and so necessary to the plot and Itsuki's character. They even used the cliché of the hot spring/beach trip, rolled them into one and showed how the heroes are worshipped and also reminded you that all Yuna, who loved food can do with food is enjoy the texture of it yet she still tries to appear okay. The experience of this anime would be watered down without those 6 episodes.
Dec 19, 2014 2:50 AM
Sep 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
Foreshadowing and build-up to an end that we have already seen and done better in other anime, like Itsuki's voice, Mimoris's disability and memory loss, Karin's change of heart even though the outcome is the same, and Mimori's great logic of "end all suffering by ending all". And they don't even bother to explain how this world functions, I thought they live in the world just like the one we live in, especially in one episode when they go out into space, but turns out episode 10 we get a few line describing the setting( not the world ), this reveal is too late to leave any emotional impact even on the characters, especially when they are supposed to be the heroines to protect this world if the audience don't know what kind of world and people they are protecting.

The one thing I can kind of praise about this anime is it's handling of Fuu's emotional conflict, it's good drama, but just like the rest it builds up to nothing but a predictable outcome.

I'm going to have to disagree with basically everything. I think this is structured perfectly. Had the reveal come any earlier, we would have had a bunch of action without any understanding of the characters. Not only that but Togo would have less reason to be so angry. They needed to be forced to go Mankai, suffer the effects and then understand their situation before the reveal. Ultimately, this is about the characters, not the Gods. This anime is about how these girls try to cope with decisions made by Gods anything else is. It isn't about protecting the world at its core, it is about protecting each other. The world is ultimately nothing but a fake that has been around for, 300 (I suspect) and this is a story about how a core group of friends handle this. All we really need to know about the people is that Togo's parents effectively traded her in for a better lifestyle.

If the anime spent a whole bunch of time explaining the history of the world and how it came to be at the cost of the displays of character interaction and development, the show would suffer.
Dec 19, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2014
for some odd reason i didnt ''feel it'' this episode.. dont know what to expect next week..
Dec 19, 2014 3:47 AM
Mar 2013
At the kindergarten on the first part of Episode 1, Yuuna broke the set of the puppet play and then Togo saved them from the mess. This time, Togo has broken the play stage to end the story. Then who will save them and how?

A picture from Eps 01.

A picture from Eps 10.
htsujiDec 19, 2014 3:52 AM
Dec 19, 2014 3:55 AM

May 2010
animelytical said:
AaaaaaKun said:
especially when they are supposed to be the heroines to protect this world if the audience don't know what kind of world and people they are protecting.

The world is ultimately nothing but a fake that has been around for, 300 (I suspect) and this is a story about how a core group of friends handle this. All we really need to know about the people is that Togo's parents effectively traded her in for a better lifestyle.

If the anime spent a whole bunch of time explaining the history of the world and how it came to be at the cost of the displays of character interaction and development, the show would suffer.

Yeah, the world is a just a place like any other. What makes the world is the people who inhabit it, which the show has spent its entire run showing.
Dec 19, 2014 4:05 AM
Mar 2013
animelytical said:
All we really need to know about the people is that Togo's parents effectively traded her in for a better lifestyle.

As for Togo's parents, they were member of Taisha and cannot resist the Washuu families, one of the highest lineage in Taisha.
In addition to this, according to the two year earlier story,

Yuuna is the only exception who is a common people.
htsujiDec 19, 2014 4:11 AM
Dec 19, 2014 4:08 AM

Oct 2010
htsuji said:
animelytical said:
All we really need to know about the people is that Togo's parents effectively traded her in for a better lifestyle.

As for Togo's parents, they cannot resist the Washuu families, one of the highest lineage in Taisha. In addition to this, according to the two year earlier story,

You know where to read the Light Novel translated?
Dec 19, 2014 4:14 AM

Jan 2014
OMG Karin got both blind and deaf TT_TT
The end is near...
Dec 19, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2012
KARIN-CHAN!
God, that was awesome. Karin was like, "It's showtime!"
Then the battle music plays, getting me pumped for battle.
And what a great battle it was!
Karin going Mankai again and again. But of course, at the back of my mind I knew it wasn't going to end well....

Cannot wait for next episode!!!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 19, 2014 5:00 AM
Oct 2013
Takiya_Oomine said:
xtremepain96 said:
id even say it rivals madoka magica in terms of a magical girl anime.

If nxt episode Yuna can solve everything in brilliant way as Madoka i'd rate it 10/10, But imo it's Madoka still more better, this show is really slow until episode 9.

No please, unless it can be well executed.

I would really HATE to see if they use a silly plot device and pull a "solution" out of nothing to solve everything / destroy all enemies. That would be irritatingly stupid. Only pre teenage manga would do that. This is not Madoka, no wishes are granted so the miracle you mentioned has a fairly low chance of happening. It is very unlikely going Madoka-like ending unless the creator just want another Madoka copy. I sincerely hope not.
Dec 19, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2014
This show doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

animelytical said:
I disagree. Those earlier episodes were vital to creating the current atmosphere. The singing episode was SO slice of life and so necessary to the plot and Itsuki's character. They even used the cliché of the hot spring/beach trip, rolled them into one and showed how the heroes are worshipped and also reminded you that all Yuna, who loved food can do with food is enjoy the texture of it yet she still tries to appear okay. The experience of this anime would be watered down without those 6 episodes.

The problem of the first half is that it is so bland and generic that you can just take the whole first part out and call it a different title and it would be intact storywise, a lighted-hearted Mahou Shoujo action flick, with some unresolved plot threads hanging that warrant its second season. For a 12-episode series they could have done better to make the story more cohesive and has a better overarching storyline. And the characters, it's just moe girls doing moe things, the build-up isn't unique to the story, all slice of life bits are just there to give you the false impression that everything's alright but deep down you are just expecting "something" happens. This becomes more obvious after episode 7 when the girls lose parts of their bodies to Divine Tree. I mean why would Divine Tree happens to want Itsuki's vocal organ and Yuna's taste bud as sacrifice when Fuu and Mimori randomly loses left ear and left ear? Isn't that plot convenient? How does it choose to have sacrifice? If it is random then why would Itsuki and Yuna lose the organ that happens to be most important to them? If it's not why would it knows? Just to screw them over? Can't you see the writer pull all the strings behind the fourth wall and not even doing a good job hiding it?

animelytical said:
I think this is structured perfectly. Had the reveal come any earlier, we would have had a bunch of action without any understanding of the characters. They needed to be forced to go Mankai, suffer the effects and then understand their situation before the reveal.

Why would the reveal comes earlier lead to pointless action? For this show that is obviously mimicking other's plot and storytelling it really needs to have something special to impress viewers, i.e. drama. Having the plot reveals itself little by little earlier can help the viewers better understand the story's universe and see the characters gradually change over the course. Wouldn't it be more interesting if Yuna, the one-dimensional horeine, has to witness the consequences every time she and her friends goes mankai and think about if she still wants to blindlessly follow the orders given by Taisha? I can see what the creator doing in the first half, they are trying to avoid being too similar to Madoka by having a different pacing and story structure, hence all the slice of life bits, but that still doesn't mean it is not stealing Madoka's idea. Especially in this half when the story starting to reach it's high note, well, it's the same thing again. I am not saying that you can't do that, after NGE we were staring to get a lot of clone like RahXephon, but there are others take someone else's idea and made something unique like Soukyuu no Fafner. Yet for this show I don't really see something outstanding.

animelytical said:
This anime is about how these girls try to cope with decisions made by Gods anything else is. It isn't about protecting the world at its core, it is about protecting each other. The world is ultimately nothing but a fake that has been around for, 300 (I suspect) and this is a story about how a core group of friends handle this. All we really need to know about the people is that Togo's parents effectively traded her in for a better lifestyle.

There is still a handful of human left according to this episode. How about their parents? Their classmates and friends? Are they not worth protecting? If you say it's all Taisha's trick to fool them to protectng it, why don't the screenwriter leave some of the hints in the first place, like the first-half?

naki12 said:
Yeah, the world is a just a place like any other. What makes the world is the people who inhabit it, which the show has spent its entire run showing.

It is not a contemporary world, it clearly has its own history and culture. But we never see how the world is affecting the characters, but why would it be when they are just moe characters? Also, Showing backgrounds is not equal to world-building.
raveninthemuddleDec 19, 2014 6:23 AM
Dec 19, 2014 6:50 AM
Dec 2008
Has anyone thought about the other girl they crossed paths with who went mankai and has over 20 fairies as a result (Sonoko Nogi )? I wonder if there will be a plot twist where she will come into the picture to save the day, she was put into direct supervision as a trump card by Taisha after all...
Dec 19, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
This show doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

animelytical said:

The problem of the first half is that it is so bland and generic that you can just take the whole first part out and call it a different title and it would be intact storywise, a lighted-hearted Mahou Shoujo action flick, with some unresolved plot threads hanging that warrant its second season. For a 13-episode series they could have done better to make the story more cohesive and has a better overarching storyline. And the characters, it's just moe girls doing moe things, the build-up isn't unique to the story, all slice of life bits are just there to give you the false impression that everything's alright but deep down you are just expecting "something" happens. This becomes more obvious after episode 7 when the girls lose parts of their bodies to Divine Tree. I mean why would Divine Tree happens to want Itsuki's voice and Yuna's taste as sacrifice when Fuu and Mimori randomly loses left ear and left ear? Isn't that plot convenient? How does it choose to have sacrifice? If it is random then why would Itsuki and Yuna lose the organ that happens to be most important to them? If it's not why would it knows? Just to screw over them? Can't you see the writer pull all the strings behind the fourth wall and not even doing a good job hiding it?

animelytical said:
I think this is structured perfectly. Had the reveal come any earlier, we would have had a bunch of action without any understanding of the characters. They needed to be forced to go Mankai, suffer the effects and then understand their situation before the reveal.

Why would the reveal comes earlier lead to pointless action? For this show that is obviously mimicking other's plot and storytelling it really needs to have something special to impress viewers, i.e. drama. Having the plot reveals itself little by little earlier can help the viewers better understand the story's universe and see the characters gradually change over the course. Wouldn't it be more interesting if Yuna, the one-dimensional horeine, has to witness the consequences every time she and her friends goes mankai and think about if she still wants to blindlessly follow the orders given by Taisha? I can see what the creator doing in the first half, they are trying to avoid being too similar to Madoka by having a different pacing and story structure, hence all the slice of life bits, but that still doesn't mean it is not stealing Madoka's idea. Especially in this half when the story starting to reach it's high note, well, it's the same thing again. I am not saying that you can't do that, after NGE we were staring to get a lot of clone like RahXephon, but there are others take someone else's idea and made something unique like Soukyuu no Fafner. Yet for this show I don't really see something outstanding.

animelytical said:
This anime is about how these girls try to cope with decisions made by Gods anything else is. It isn't about protecting the world at its core, it is about protecting each other. The world is ultimately nothing but a fake that has been around for, 300 (I suspect) and this is a story about how a core group of friends handle this. All we really need to know about the people is that Togo's parents effectively traded her in for a better lifestyle.

There is still a handful of human left according to this episode. How about their parents? Their classmates and friends? Are they not worth protecting? If you say it's all Taisha's trick to fool them to protectng it, why don't the screenwriter leave some of the hints in the first place, like the first-half?

naki12 said:

It is not a contemporary world, it clearly has its own history and culture. But we never see how the world is affecting the characters, but why would it be when they are just moe characters? Also, Showing backgrounds is not equal to world-building.

What are you even talking about? You aren't making any sense.

Not everything is constant action action action action. Foreshadowing and character building is very important. Also where did you get the entire "sense of taste is most important sense for Yuuna" thing from? What is wrong with a little bit of (suitably done) plot convenience? It's ridiculous to demand a story like this to have absolutely no plot convenience. In real life losing stuff like your limb, which carries your dreams and future, is not that rare.
Other than that there isn't much to say about the rest of your random incoherence. I would say you are making conspiracy theories but I hardly understand your points since you aren't backing up a single one of them and are simply making baseless statements. Trying to criticize a show by claiming a bunch of stuff without backing up a single one of your points is not cool. Especially when it's one as tragically underrated as this one. Having "moe" characters is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm pretty sure a stylistic taste has nothing to do with the story. It's used in this anime to provide contrast.

This makes me question if you actually watched the show. Than again you are calling this a blatant copy of Madoka Magica (which it obviously is not). Superficially, you could say this anime is similar to Madoka Magica. But calling it a copy is blowing it out of proportion.

This show litters hints everywhere. How did you not understand the forceful foreshadowing of Itsuki's suffering? Hell, that was so forceful it made me think that she was going to die the next episode. The first half always had that sense of unease. As though something is wrong with the world they live in. As though at any moment, everything will become destroyed and go into ruin. Not to mention the SoL in the first half is actually pretty well done SoL. It was a strong setup for the drama and tragedy to come and the story would make absolutely no sense without the first half. The first half built up the world and introduced the backgrounds. The latter half depends strongly on the first half to make the impact and make the story as chilling and tragic as it is. The entirety of ep 9 depended on Itsuki's prior dreams and suffering. It would not be nearly as tearjerking as it was without the first half.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Dec 19, 2014 6:51 AM

Aug 2010
mlcdl said:

Here, here, here and here
Dec 19, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2012
This anime has almost surpassed my favorite magical girl anime (Tokyo Mew Mew). I broke me seeing Karin for Mankai because you just knew she was going to lose something, but mankai 4 times?! /weeps/ Karin got the death card a few episodes back and now we see that she is the first one out of the magical girls to be as good as dead. Oh joy, can't wait for next week. Merry fucking Christmas Takahiro.
Club Aerosol
Dec 19, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2012
Karin-chan Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you Takahiro, you`re trying to imitate Gen Urobuchi aren`t you?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 19, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
Saffron_entity said:
Not everything is constant action action action action. Foreshadowing and character building is very important.

Of cause I know that. Takahiro is not a stupid writer who doesn't know the basic of storytelling, but in this show everything is deliberately pointing to a single goal that is so painfully obvious from the first episode, it's a waste of time because you know what's going to happen from a mile away and they still throw in those slice of life bits into the show instead of making it to the point and intense.

Saffron_entity said:
Also where did you get the entire "sense of taste is most important sense for Yuuna" thing from? What is wrong with a little bit of (suitably done) plot convenience? It's ridiculous to demand a story like this to have absolutely no plot convenience.

Of course every story has some level of plot convenience, but in this case since the end goal is so blatantly obvious that just make them more noticeable.

Saffron_entity said:
This show litters hints everywhere. How did you not understand the forceful foreshadowing of Itsuki's suffering? Hell, that was so forceful it made me think that she was going to die the next episode. The first half always had that sense of unease. As though something is wrong with the world they live in. As though at any moment, everything will become destroyed and go into ruin. Not to mention the SoL in the first half is actually pretty well done SoL. It was a strong setup for the drama and tragedy to come and the story would make absolutely no sense without the first half. The first half built up the world and introduced the backgrounds. The latter half depends strongly on the first half to make the impact and make the story as chilling and tragic as it is. The entirety of ep 9 depended on Itsuki's prior dreams and suffering. It would not be nearly as tearjerking as it was without the first half.

I think you mean Fuu not Itsuki. I can't stress this enough it's all about predictability in this show, when something is expected to happen there is no enough foreshallowing and build-up can save it except having a very good drama and really memorable characters, like Soukyuu no Fafner, and this show doesn't achieve in both.
Dec 19, 2014 9:02 AM
Mar 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
I thought they live in the world just like the one we live in, especially in one episode when they go out into space, but turns out episode 10 we get a few line describing the setting( not the world ), this reveal is too late to leave any emotional impact even on the characters, especially when they are supposed to be the heroines to protect this world if the audience don't know what kind of world and people they are protecting.

I don't think the revealing was too late. I don't think it was too early, either.
Bluntly speaking, if you were one of the girls, your most important issue would be whether your and your friends' disabilities are temporal or permanent. The truth of the world is less important and you don't care future of humanity or such when you find that you and your only family are going to be the sacrifices, which was a designed plan carefully conducted by Taisha for years.
htsujiDec 19, 2014 9:25 AM
Dec 19, 2014 9:03 AM

Mar 2013
This show is just way better then i first though it would be...

Sad ending inc..
Dec 19, 2014 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
Honestly when I saw Karin rushes those creature one by one I was like "oh, come on" and then I was like "Karin stahp", "Stahp Karin!!", just like watching a kitten got hit by a truck.

The dialogue between Karin and Yuuna before is however lacking impact, it supposed to be like how a samurai talk to their injured comrades before doing a death charge at the enemy. If only they shown Yuuna reaction during that fight the feels would be more dramatic. Karin: "Don't worry miss, I'll bring back your beloved husband Togo. Just wait here, I need to paint the landscape red with my blade."

Karin battle cry was awesome, I can't believe she was the same seiyuu that gave life to Kanna in Tamako Market.

On the other hand, I fully support Togo in her endeavor to kill the gods, also this really reminds me of the angels in evangelion, regarding the motives of the vertex. It makes me wonder what is exactly Shinju-sama is, and about Madoka's broken mechanics that makes Yuuna 'special'. I have speculations, but I think it is too outrageous to be pulled in one episode.

Or maybe they will not end it at episode 12, but gives it a special Movies.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
Nooooooooo Karin-chan !!!!

Dec 19, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
ChromiumSX said:
Nooooooooo Karin-chan !!!!

Maybe it was one of the things that Sonoko told her in last episode. Maybe Sonoko told Togo not only about the reality behind the wall, but also the true nature of Shinju. I notice that Togo is no longer called 'it' Shinju-sama, but simply as 'Shinju'.
azzuReDec 19, 2014 12:42 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 19, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2010
AaaaaaKun said:

naki12 said:

Can you elaborate on this history and culture which makes it different from a contemporary world?
Dec 19, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2014
naki12 said:
Can you elaborate on this history and culture which makes it different from a contemporary world?

Why should I fill in the blanks when the writer fails to explain? All I know it's that it is set in a different era, Shinju exists and seems like controlling everything so it's already different from our world. And according to this episode we know that most of the human is wiped out by Vertex and Shinju is the only being protecting the rest of humanity in Shikoku. Wouldn't it be weird that after all these everything still looks the same? You can say it is Shinju doing all the tricks, and I'm okay with that explanation from the point of storytelling, but what I would prefer is to put a little bit more details into the background and have some cleverly written dialog to show that Shinju is secretly manipulating everything or even brainwashing the heroines to do it's bitting, that would make the world and the conflicts between the heroines more dynamic and Yuuna would be seemed more than just a one-dimensional character. Instead we just get a few lines from Togo and an info-dump from Sonoko in episode 10.
Dec 19, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
naki12 said:

Why should I fill in the blanks when the writer fails to explain? All I know it's that it is set in a different era, Shinju exists and seems like controlling everything so it's already different from our world. And according to this episode we know that most of the human is wiped out by Vertex and Shinju is the only being protecting the rest of humanity in Shikoku. Wouldn't it be weird that after all these everything still looks the same? You can say it is Shinju doing all the tricks, and I'm okay with that explanation from the point of storytelling, but what I would prefer is to put a little bit more details into the background and have some cleverly written dialog to show that Shinju is secretly manipulating everything or even brainwashing the heroines to do it's bitting, that would make the world and the conflicts between the heroines more dynamic and Yuuna would be seemed more than just a one-dimensional character. Instead we just get a few lines from Togo and an info-dump from Sonoko in episode 10.

In other words, what you wanted was a plot-driven story with more world-building where the characters are nothing but a means to an end. Instead you got a character-driven drama full of characters that you don't like, so of course you're having trouble with it. Whenever I run into a character-driven show where I hate the characters I usually drop it like a hot potato (see: Elfen Lied), so I get that. No show is for everyone.
WingKingDec 19, 2014 6:10 PM
Dec 19, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2010
Barion-Zara said:
mlcdl said:

Here, here, here and here

Thanks.
Dec 19, 2014 6:46 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, Karin didn't escape from that fate.

I actually like Togo's decision even if it's selfish. I kinda hope for a tragic ending.
Dec 19, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2014
WingKing said:
In other words, what you wanted was a plot-driven story with more world-building where the characters are nothing but a means to an end. Instead you got a character-driven drama full of characters that you don't like, so of course you're having trouble with it. Whenever I run into a character-driven show where I hate the characters I usually drop it like a hot potato (see: Elfen Lied), so I get that. No show is for everyone.

I never say I want a plot-driven story, and definitely don't hate any characters in this anime. I don't watch any anime just because I want to like the characters, I watch anime because I want to watch a good story whether it is plot-driven or character-driven. All I'm saying is that they could have done so much better with its characters in this "character-driven" story and it is just what it needs to not being viewed as "hey look, it just like that anime". I find Fuu's plot interesting, but just when the show is starting to pick up its pace it's almost over, and it's not as great as other people claim it to be.
Dec 19, 2014 7:03 PM
Mar 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
but what I would prefer is to put a little bit more details into the background and have some cleverly written dialog to show that Shinju is secretly manipulating everything or even brainwashing the heroines to do it's bitting, that would make the world and the conflicts between the heroines more dynamic and Yuuna would be seemed more than just a one-dimensional character.

As for the secret manipulation you are supposing, I guess it was written in the novel and is possibly going to be relieved in the next and last episode of the anime

When you saw the puppet play of episode 1, the hero tried to have a talk with the demon king. Now, Yuna must convince Shinju to solve the stalemates and I guess it seems possible because
htsujiDec 21, 2014 3:29 PM
Dec 19, 2014 7:27 PM

Oct 2012
FUUUU MAN. WHAT AN EPISODE. AND OMG KARIN CHAN. WHY? SHE HAD TO BECOME BLIND AND DEAF D: That fight was so hard to watch :'(

I don't know how this is going to end. It's just so depressing right now T-T

Dec 19, 2014 7:41 PM

Feb 2014
So much drama...and shouting

Wow, I guess I was expecting Karin to go Mankai at some point, but I didn't think that she'd go that far...When she was like: "is that yuna-chan?" I thought she had brain damage or something. Now she's a potato :(

While I admire their devotion to each other and saving the world, I really have to side with Togo on this one. I feel like they should kill the Shinju-sama and end the world so that they can save themselves and future heroes from all this pain. Honestly, I never would have expected myself to hope that they'd all die in the end...
I hope everything will work out in the end, but it looks like I'd anything good comes out so this this last episode it would end up being a bittersweet ending. THE FEELS ARE TO STRONG FOR THIS SHOW :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know how to react to this episode... Too much feels, especially towards Karin... I was really hoping she won't undergo Mankai but she did and even DID IT 4 TIMES! Throughout the battle, I was hoping that one Mankai she did will be the one and last but no! She actually used 4 times to handle all 5 main vertexes... To have one arm, one leg, sight and hearing gone, I don't know how is she going to live on...
And then, when Togo's plan to get the vertex to shoot at Shinju, I was like YES until Yunna come and intervene... Towards the preview, I got a feeling either Yunna or Togo will lose her memories(maybe both of them will lose their memories?) Ugh, I can't wait for the next episode!!!
Dec 20, 2014 12:19 AM

May 2010
AaaaaaKun said:
naki12 said:

Why should I fill in the blanks when the writer fails to explain?

You shouldn't have to, but if you claim the world to be so different then you should provide the evidence back up that claim, right?

Really, you could just think of taisha and shinju-sama as a rich organisation or something that knows "the truth of the world", gives "chosen ones" power to fight some force of evil. Which is like a plot I'm sure you've seen plenty of before. Why everything looks the same is magic of course. There is no need for "brainwashing".

I'm not entirely sure that's true, but if it is, there's really no need to go and explain that is there? Bunch of girls living normal lives get caught up in magical battles against "evil" to save the world. Tragic sacrifices in exchange for power. Is the sacrifice worth it for the chance to live on or do they destroy everything so there can be neither happiness nor suffering?

In my opinion, the world that does not differ significantly enough to a contemporary world for it necessitate a world-building nor do I think it would have made the drama heavier since what really matters is the characters. But that's just me.
BocchiDec 20, 2014 11:35 PM
Dec 20, 2014 1:53 AM
Mar 2013
I don't know how the next and last episode concludes. But I have a feeling that it could end up with somewhat sweeter than the desperation that most of you now think you have to prepare to accept.
To be honest, I think the last of this anime should end up with sad, depressing or heart wrenching conclusion otherwise it'll have an illogical ending. I don't like to watch the last episode with a silly conclusion that is unnaturally happy. Such sort of conveniently inserted ending could destroy the serious atmosphere the show contains entirely. ("Somewhat or partly happy" ending is okay.)
It is just my random guess.
But when I re-watched the earlier episode. I found this.
A picture form episode 07.

Many societies have their own culture how to make a food offering by having the food precessed and stated with a certain procedure. When the ceremony is over, the offerings once assumed to be holy and untouchable are no longer untouchable to common people, who may be arrowed to eat them by themselves. In other word, you may be allowed to retrieve the offerings from your spiritual beings.

Then, I think it may be not a completely illogical idea the girls' disability will be cleared (they can get back their body functions in some years.) someday in the town
htsujiDec 22, 2014 6:54 PM
Dec 20, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
fe£%$w84ru214*e8(~1!!!!! Why Karin?! Why didn't that crap happen to Fu instead :-(

I wish Togo would destroy the Shinju but Yuna is gonna make sure the Hero System stays intact. Can't say I look forward to watching the ending.
Dec 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Dec 2011
My word what an episode.

Anime of the Year perhaps?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
My word what an episode.

One of the critics over on Anime News Network did put it second on his AOTY list, with a note that he might bump it to first if it nails the ending. I also want to see how it handles the ending before I go there, but it's definitely elevated itself to my favorite anime of the season at least (no small feat, considering that I was super-amped for F/SN and that show's done nothing to disappoint me). There have been some execution flaws and a few things about the writing that I could criticize (it's still odd to me that Yuki is the least-developed character of the five girls when she's supposed to be the main hero, for instance), but no series is ever perfect and it's gotten so many things right that I can forgive its comparatively few missteps.

The real debate question once this series is over won't be how it stacks up against Ping Pong and SAO2 and Gundam G - in five years, no one's going to remember any mythical AOTY championships anyway. Do you remember what your 2009 AOTY was? I don't. The real debate question will be how it stacks up long-term against Nanoha, Madoka, Mai-Hime, Utena, Princess Tutu, Daybreak Illusion, and its other peers in the magical girl genre, and that of course is an argument that will be going on for years, since 20,000 people will have 20,000 different opinions on it.
Dec 20, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2011
WingKing said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
My word what an episode.

One of the critics over on Anime News Network did put it second on his AOTY list, with a note that he might bump it to first if it nails the ending. I also want to see how it handles the ending before I go there, but it's definitely elevated itself to my favorite anime of the season at least (no small feat, considering that I was super-amped for F/SN and that show's done nothing to disappoint me). There have been some execution flaws and a few things about the writing that I could criticize (it's still odd to me that Yuki is the least-developed character of the five girls when she's supposed to be the main hero, for instance), but no series is ever perfect and it's gotten so many things right that I can forgive its comparatively few missteps.

The real debate question once this series is over won't be how it stacks up against Ping Pong and SAO2 and Gundam G - in five years, no one's going to remember any mythical AOTY championships anyway. Do you remember what your 2009 AOTY was? I don't. The real debate question will be how it stacks up long-term against Nanoha, Madoka, Mai-Hime, Utena, Princess Tutu, Daybreak Illusion, and its other peers in the magical girl genre, and that of course is an argument that will be going on for years, since 20,000 people will have 20,000 different opinions on it.

I don't remember what my 2009 AOTY was because I didn't have one - I only started watching anime as a matter of course in 2011, so that's when it starts. Even though I only started following seasonal anime from Spring 2012. It's worth noting, though, that all three previous years have had one series that stood out for me as being a whole tier above anything else that came out then. This year, though, could still forseeably go in any one of three different ways.

I do agree, though, that in the long run AOTY/AOTS isn't really significant, and that what matters is how it stands up against everything, no matter what season or year it happened to air in. That said, this series has managed to successfully combine three different story types (the character-based drama, the SOL comedy and the grimmer type of magical girl series), all of which are ones that I like, in such a way that they complement one another nicely and leave me feeling completely satisfied from every single episode, and from the series as a whole. Unless this pulls off an ending of Mai-HiME levels of disappointingness, I don't see myself not continuing to see this as a great series, whether it ends up as AOTY or not.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 20, 2014 12:50 PM

Feb 2012
Haha, oh man that was glorious. Karin's nickname will now be Helen Keller.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2012
I don't get why they are stopping Togo. Isn't she doing the right thing?
Dec 20, 2014 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
htsuji said:
But when I re-watched the earlier episode. I found this.
A picture form episode 07.

Many societies have their own culture how to make a food offering by having the food precessed and stated with a certain procedure. When the ceremony is over, the offerings once assumed to be holy and untouchable are no longer untouchable to common people, who may be arrowed to eat them by themselves. In other word, you may be allowed to retrieve the offerings from your spiritual beings.

Then, I think it may be not a completely illogical idea the girls' disability will be cleared (they can get back their body functions in some years.) someday in the town

Hmm nice catch! That's actually a pretty interesting idea! I'm actually hoping that this is what the ending will be. I guess I just want it to either all work out for our heroes or for it to all end...
Dec 20, 2014 3:28 PM

Mar 2008
Anyone thought of Sumaga by Nitro+ ??
Yuyuyu's story is like a simplified version of Sumaga.
Dec 20, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2014
Zuihou said:
I don't get why they are stopping Togo. Isn't she doing the right thing?

Togo has a completely different goal from the rest of the club. She wants to end the suffering of the Heroes, present and future by essentially destroying the world (by killing Shinju).

The others want to preserve the world for the rest of humanity while willingly sacrificing themselves, and essentially, future Heroes too.

Basically, it all boils down to whether or not one believes in the Hero System - if the sacrifice of the few is worth the peace for the many.
What I want to know is why the Shinju is so adamant on protecting humans.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.