Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
b
Crez said:
Again. . . .Is anyone interested in just discussing the anime for what it is?

Comparing anything to the original will only leave you unsatisfied. I haven't read the manga, and I think this is epic.

You guys totally killed my mood. . .
by the way do you plan to read the manga after finishing anime?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Fucking garbage. I don't want to censor Curse words anymore.I'm pissed off.
This is Straight up insult to the original source.
Everything is changed and ruined for the worsts.
Most of all Kaneki's development is so Fucking ruined and What he's Hair turned white in one single day?
Holy Shit!
In the manga It took one week of torturing Kaneki for him to break down completely and There were Two Important characters(Child and the mother) that had a huge role in Kaneki's Development.
They were completely removed!

This anime adaptation is disgusting,Fuck I'm not gonna buy that stupid dvd anymore in the future.
Also they Literally changed every scenario in the Aogiri arc that everything is a Total mess.
Thanks for ruining Tokyo ghoul in the eyes of Anime only viewers!
Good job Pierrot!
Fuck I'm so angry right now I can't believe it.

Sep 11, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
Damn cencorship... I ate spoiler before and I knew it was coming but still I was so nervous watching the episode... Kanekiiiii ...😵😵😖

And that flying white hair...😔
Sep 11, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Nice episode, it covered a lot of things. A bit fast-paced, but I guess it was necessary.

The series could end with
Sep 11, 2014 11:18 AM
Aug 2014
guys pls tell me, what jason did with that disgusting centipede to kaneki kun
Sep 11, 2014 11:19 AM
Jan 2014
NeutralSide said:
Most of all Kaneki's development is so Fucking ruined and What he's Hair turned white in one single day?
Holy Shit!
In the manga It took one week of torturing Kaneki for him to break down completely and There were Two Important characters(Child and the mother) that had a huge role in Kaneki's Development.

This anime adaptation is disgusting,Fuck I'm not gonna buy that stupid dvd anymore in the future.
Also they Literally changed every scenario in the Aogiri arc that everything is a Total mess.
Good job Pierrot!
NeutralSide said:
Holy Shit!

Good job Pierrot!

Yep exactly, them leaving out the child and the mother was a huge mistake. That part was what really pissed of kaneki and played a huge role of him changing.
Sep 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
supermox said:
So the Aogiri rejecting Ken scene was removed and we've got the Amon x Mado scene instead.

Based Pierrot.

They are giving way too much attention on them. Who cares about their discussions, the scene you described is way more interesting.
Sep 11, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
It got a little better but still it is average at the best.
Well,I am curious about the series' finale next week.
Sep 11, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
Harzfuadz said:

i put it into my first comment on first page what they skipped, this is one part of it

current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 11, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Harzfuadz said:

Here you have the manga panel of the scene.
Sep 11, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
@Urek
What if they aren't even done with the torture scene?
and you're already listing a bunch of stuff that they missed out
Though most likely they are done with the torture hmmmm...
Sep 11, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
parfaited said:
@Urek

His hair is already white , the torture is done .
Sep 11, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
finally finished watching
(of course) its nowhere as good as manga
but a lot of action so who cares? XD
love suzuya scene and the marude's motorcycle gag after credit XD
and nice to see that dual blade quinque and one eyed owl
Sep 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
parfaited said:
@Urek

what exactly you mean?

current LN reading:
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 11, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:
parfaited said:
@Urek

His hair is already white , the torture is done .

In the manga his hair was white and there was a flash back explaining how it came to that.
I don't see how it would fucking fix the damage on what this shitty anime did though.

I nailed it.Half assed character development with no Impact what so ever.
I seriously doubt they are gonna do justice in Episode 12 and Implement all those Rize talking to Kaneki scenes.
Its probably be rushed as fuck to Complete Aogiri arc in the next episode.

Sep 11, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 2011
No I mean I was still clinging on to some hope that they'll backtrack a bit a in the next episode to show more of the torture and maybe add a few skipped parts.
Sep 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2010
Crez said:

Comparing anything to the original will only leave you unsatisfied. I haven't read the manga, and I think this is epic.

No because we are frustrated, they turned such a good manga into such a shitty adaptation. I refuse to call this anime Tokyo Ghoul
Sep 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
finally finished watching
(of course) its nowhere as good as manga
but a lot of action so who cares? XD
love suzuya scene and the marude's motorcycle gag after credit XD
and nice to see that dual blade quinque and one eyed owl

I do agree with the part in bold. Especially Suzuya's part. Pretty awesome.

Still, who cares? Really? lol, I'm sure deep down you know better than that.
Sep 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
amare135 said:
Crez said:

No because we are frustrated, they turned such a good manga into such a shitty adaptation. I refuse to call this anime Tokyo Ghoul

let us all wait few years and hope that second season will be done by another studio. or another studio reanimates tokyo ghoul, this time doing the series justice... seriously >_<
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Urek said:
amare135 said:

let us all wait few years and hope that second season will be done by another studio. or another studio reanimates tokyo ghoul, this time doing the series justice... seriously >_<

thats all there is left to hope for lol if parriot makes a season 2 it will be just as bad as this season
Sep 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Tokyo ghoul chapter 66 page 14-18
That's a metaphor for the Original source describing the Anime adaptation.
"Gross gross gross I'm gonna puke Nothing taste the worse."
"You're the bad one,Rotten adaptation should be culled"
"But I won't become like you"
Nailed it.

Sep 11, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
Cunning said:
Urek said:

thats all there is left to hope for lol if parriot makes a season 2 it will be just as bad as this season

yeah >_<
if only madhouse did them. or ufotable (though they are busy with fate stay night). anybody except pierrot and maybe deen would probably have done a better job.
though, this is only speculation
well, let see if ep. 12 at least is better than the rest, since it is directed by the one dude himself

NeutralSide said:
Tokyo ghoul chapter 66 page 14-18
That's a metaphor for the Original source describing the Anime adaptation.
"Gross gross gross I'm gonna puke Nothing taste the worse."
"You're the bad one,Rotten adaptation should be culled"
"But I won't become like you"
Nailed it.

lol, THIS.
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
Kaneki was tortured for a few days at least. The attack on the coffee shop happened before or near the attack on the 11th Ward office, and then the Doves waited a week after that to evacuate the citizen before attacking.

They skipped the mother-daughter deaths, but it looks like they are aiming to replace that with Banjou's two friends. Jason seemed to catch wind that they were comforting Kaneki and so he's likely going to tear them to shreds in front of him. As changes go, I'm ambivalent about that; those will be people dying because they tried to help Kaneki, so it does have emotional weight.

Sadly, the manga just doesn't lend itself well to a 12 episode season and it was inevitable that a lot of stuff was going to get cut.
Sep 11, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was so bad and rushed that I didn't have to read the manga to know that.

Like last week, no build up and no suspense. Things just happen one after another. How am I supposed to feel anything for the emotional beats they put in when we don't get time to digest them at all?

The only part I quite liked was when that psycho kid cop drove the motorcycle into the building. It was so absurd it was entertaining.
Sep 11, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Urek said:
well, let see if ep. 12 at least is better than the rest, since it is directed by the one dude himself

Not that anyone could possibly still salvage this wreck, but did I miss something?
Sep 11, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
CookieBun said:
This episode was so bad and rushed that I didn't have to read the manga to know that.

Like last week, no build up and no suspense. Things just happen one after another. How am I supposed to feel anything for the emotional beats they put in when we don't get time to digest them at all?

The only part I quite liked was when that psycho kid cop drove the motorcycle into the building. It was so absurd it was entertaining.
suzuya is the best
Sep 11, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
BeatzMe said:
Urek said:

Not that anyone could possibly still salvage this wreck, but did I miss something?

the one dude who also made episode 1. he is actually in charge of this anime (dunno his name, gotta check later)
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 12:00 PM

Feb 2014
wow, that torture scene was complete shit. Hope the last episode gives me something nice.
Sep 11, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
I started reading the manga a few weeks ago and was really looking forward to this episode's content, but unfortunately it just felt really rushed and things were cut which I was sad to see. The centipede scene in particular was chilling but here it just didn't have the same impact.

Manga rant aside, I just wish this was a 24 episode series as opposed to 12. It'd have so much more potential and time to develop things. The fight scenes were still fun to see though and the motorbike scene was funny. Only one episode left...
Sep 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
KanjiKano said:

Putting the poor adaptation aside...

THIS WAS SO EPIC MAN I GOT CHILLS

This was the best thing in the whole anime. Suzuya's brand of crazy is actually entertaining unlike every other character shown so far.

I liked Amon-kun's fight with the brothers and the flashback as well.

Overall, this is the worst anime of the year, easily. So much was rushed that I can't even tell who is fighting who. Do they know that Kaneki is not at the Aogiri base?
Sep 11, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
You see I told you all that this show would be as bad as black bullet. Now Where's my award?
Sep 11, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2014
sullynathan said:
You see I told you all that this show would be as bad as black bullet. Now Where's my award?

Take my cookie.Its all I have.

Sep 11, 2014 12:10 PM

Nov 2013
That was rushed so much.
Oh god so much is missing...
Sep 11, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
-My n!gga Amon wrecking some b!tches XD #respect :)

I think there's stil more of the torture scenes left :(

Was that girl in the end card Akira?! :O 2nd season confirmed!!! ;)
Sep 11, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
ahh, i've been waiting for this! White Haired kaneki is here! though, i kinda like long haired touka more :p
Sep 11, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2010
I don't want to be that one weird person who points this out,
But guys that is NOOOO NORMAL CENTIPEDE. Its a freaking deadly Chinese red head centipedee if my eyes have seen correctly. Found in China only thank god.

ITS A FREAKING PENCIL CASE SIZED POISONOUS CENTIPEDE.
I was so excited to see white haired kaneki. 'Course I knew the torturing scene came before it...and I was mentally prepared even thigh everything was censored and didn't make me freak out much. Until the showcase of the centipede. And after learning where the heck that little critter ended in...gagging. I'm crying.

What the hell am I watching. What is life.
EarlCielSep 11, 2014 12:32 PM
Sep 11, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
Surprise, surprise! They a skipped shitload of stuff once again :D
Sep 11, 2014 12:27 PM
Apr 2011
Agreed, the one part they should not have skipped, Kaneki's descent into madness due to the deaths of the mom and child. That was basically the turning point where his new character develops and the basis of his actions later.

And seriously, the censorship is pissing me off. I hope that the Blu-Ray versions are uncensored. Reason censorship pissed me off this chapter was because i wanted to see what Noro did to those guys. I don't remember his Kagune being able to do that.
trannon1Sep 11, 2014 12:35 PM
Sep 11, 2014 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
parfaited said:
No I mean I was still clinging on to some hope that they'll backtrack a bit a in the next episode to show more of the torture and maybe add a few skipped parts.

According to episode 12 summary the torture continues and kaneki sees a certain someone after the torture.
Z4KSep 11, 2014 12:41 PM
Sep 11, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
trannon1 said:
Agreed, the one part they should not have skipped, Kaneki's descent into madness due to the deaths of the mom and child. And seriously, the censorship is pissing me off. I hope that the Blu-Ray versions are uncensored.

Reason censorship pissed me off this chapter was because i wanted to see what Noro did to those guys. I don't remember his Kagune being able to do that.

Noro never did that in the manga , all that was filler .

Kamima said:

Overall, this is the worst anime of the year, easily. So much was rushed that I can't even tell who is fighting who. Do they know that Kaneki is not at the Aogiri base?

Shh get lost you little hater .
Sep 11, 2014 12:33 PM
Sep 2012
if i slam my head on a table anymore because of this adaptation, i will get a concussion.
Sep 11, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
I think I'm going to follow the manga.

Anyways, I just remembered something.

Sep 11, 2014 12:34 PM
Mar 2014
In all fairness, they probably haven't skipped the Mom and child. Keep in mind, that the basically the LAST thing Yamori does to him, before the base comes under attack and he decides to finish things. It'll most likely happen in the next episode.

OR they branch off into an anime only ending have Yamori kill off Banjo or something to do it.
Sep 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
EarlCiel said:
But guys that is NOOOO NORMAL CENTIPEDE. Its a freaking deadly Chinese red head centipedee if my eyes have seen correctly. Found in China only thank god.

A 20 cm one XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_red-headed_centipede
Sep 11, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
ichii_1 said:
EarlCiel said:

A 20 cm one XD

In ancient Chinese traditions, this centipede is used for its healing properties. It is said that putting a Chinese red head on a rash or other skin-disease will speed up the healing process.

THANK YOU YAMORI XD
Sep 11, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
btw, anime only viewers dont know who she is except for like 5 second scene

http://imgur.com/a/NGXOK#5

ninjastarforcex said:
ichii_1 said:

A 20 cm one XD

In ancient Chinese traditions, this centipede is used for its healing properties. It is said that putting a Chinese red head on a rash or other skin-disease will speed up the healing process.

THANK YOU YAMORI XD

seems legit... though, i wont join him
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2011
This show is now oficially a POS. The only good part of it is opening song and images they show during the ending credits.
Sep 11, 2014 12:48 PM
Jan 2013
Oh, oh, oh even when censored, one can say that those torture scene were horrible.
Sep 11, 2014 12:51 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode.
Suzuya talking the motorcycle and killing all those ghouls was pretty cool.....
Amon is quite a badass, how the hell is he so strong....
Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 11, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2012
Goddammit.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.