Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »
Feb 24, 2019 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
That was brutal as literally the entire internet spoiled for me, but it was a nice consolation that at least Pitou was satisfied, in the end. To know that Gon wasted all his potential just to waste him/her instead of the King.

Poor Killua though. Being able to tell just how much Gon was throwing away here and being helpless to stop him.
Feb 24, 2019 6:45 AM
Dec 2013
Yay! This episode finally got dubbed! (Even though I've already watched this episode so many times subbed since it first aired).
Feb 24, 2019 2:35 PM

Nov 2017
That was vicious.

Now I need to see next episode to know what happens to Gon and everybody.
Mar 7, 2019 5:42 PM

Sep 2018
the fight is so short.. he just transformed and killed Pitou. that's it! I like Netero x Meruem fight so far.
Apr 26, 2019 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Gon is the next squidward
Jun 7, 2019 5:15 AM

Jan 2018
Arkab said:
Never liked this episode really, an the top of the cake of an overall disappointing arc.

It would have made much, much more sense and it would have been way more belieavable if Gon had lost his shit because it was either Killua or his father Ging the one he was told to be dead. No matter how related Kite had been to his father it's hard to believe Gon had developed such an affection towards him in such little time.

Besides his "transformation" was painfully laughable. Looked super ridiculous.

Maybe you don't understand Gon then. Kite was more of a father for Gon than Ging ever was. It's a bit better portrayed in the 99 version when Kite appears in the first episode. Because the thing he told him back then and Kite's action of the slap was what made Gon like Kite.

So this transformation was laughable for you? Gon throwing his whole training away (and at that time) all his future just so he could defeat Pitou, thus showing that his moral compass is not that of a usual shonen protag, Killua finding his friend in this state and being emotionally traumatized, but it's important how Gon looks.

Sure, dude.
Jul 14, 2019 5:20 AM
Jun 2019
I cried watching this episode. I felt really sad seeing Gon, strongest, yet broken than ever. And Killua not being able to stop him..
Jul 15, 2019 3:00 PM

Dec 2018
BEST. EPISODE. OF. ALL. TIME. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Aug 5, 2019 8:41 AM
Jan 2019
So, a ex deus machina episode. Not that I'm expecting anything better than Netero and Meruem, but this fight is just painfully mediocre.

Where is the narrator when I need him now to explain what the shit is happening insightly. They put him in 30 eps to explain every tiny thin, but in this ep, they accidentally put him aside because it's fucking impossible to make sense. I'm sorry, but if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it. They went so far just to show how strong the Royal Guards were. In the end, they are just ... disappointing. Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua. Lmao.

The only thing can keep this anime great to me is making Gon nenless for a long time or forever. However, this is a Shounen and he's a MC, so I'm not expecting much. And the OP even showed Kite becoming a Chimera Ant, it'd make this whole arc stupid and cheap to me.

A disappointing arc with the best moment of the whole anime - Netero vs. Meruem. I really did love HxH before this arc, maybe a 9 but now, 7 is the best I can give.
Aug 5, 2019 4:39 PM

Jan 2011
tuanguyen said:
So, a ex deus machina episode. Not that I'm expecting anything better than Netero and Meruem, but this fight is just painfully mediocre.

Where is the narrator when I need him now to explain what the shit is happening insightly. They put him in 30 eps to explain every tiny thin, but in this ep, they accidentally put him aside because it's fucking impossible to make sense. I'm sorry, but if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it. They went so far just to show how strong the Royal Guards were. In the end, they are just ... disappointing. Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua. Lmao.

The only thing can keep this anime great to me is making Gon nenless for a long time or forever. However, this is a Shounen and he's a MC, so I'm not expecting much. And the OP even showed Kite becoming a Chimera Ant, it'd make this whole arc stupid and cheap to me.

A disappointing arc with the best moment of the whole anime - Netero vs. Meruem. I really did love HxH before this arc, maybe a 9 but now, 7 is the best I can give.

XD you did not understand anything.
NEN is heavily influenced by mental condition and emotional state besides that Gon used a Vow and Limitation (similar to Kurapika and Geney Ryodan restriction). your comment is just.... disappointing XD
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 5, 2019 7:04 PM
Jan 2019
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

NEN is heavily influenced by mental condition and emotional state besides that Gon used a Vow and Limitation (similar to Kurapika and Geney Ryodan restriction). your comment is just.... disappointing XD

That's just 1 problem. And read my comment carefully.

"if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it."

"Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua."

Explain WITHOUT relying on the manga and 1999 version? If this is possible, I bet that a ton of character wouldn't have died. The problem is that they never showed it just to make sure when Gon uses it, he will become OP as fuck and crush this opponent. That's just lazy and easy to make. But whatever, I'm not here to argue this with fanboys.
tuanguyenAug 5, 2019 7:09 PM
Aug 6, 2019 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
tuanguyen said:
cronosteso23 said:

"if this is possible, why did NO ONE, not even a single character do this in the past. Are you telling me that Kurapika's hatred is not comparable to Gon's. I don't give a fuck about the manga or 1999 version. In this version, they do not show anything noteworthy about KitexGon. They didn't even mention it before and it makes Gon the first and only character do it."

"Even the moment Pitou took Gon's arm is bullshit. He just reacted in a light speed and now he let a dead body take his arm or even his live without Killua."

Explain WITHOUT relying on the manga and 1999 version? If this is possible, I bet that a ton of character wouldn't have died. The problem is that they never showed it just to make sure when Gon uses it, he will become OP as fuck and crush this opponent. That's just lazy and easy to make. But whatever, I'm not here to argue this with fanboys.

Man you hate the narrator however those "problems" are distractions of you aside of ignoring the CONTEXT: Gon lost his arm because he was shocked and very sad. Killua wasn't an exception.

Biscuit can transform into a younger person because of her nen however you said that the vow and limitation of Gon can't make that just ONCE. XD

WHAT MAKES NEN STRONGER IT'S THE RESOLVE NOT THE HATRED (STOP WATCHING NARUTO XD)
cronosteso23Aug 6, 2019 6:36 PM
Aug 6, 2019 7:06 PM
Jan 2019
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

Man you hate the narrator however those "problems" are distractions of you aside of ignoring the CONTEXT: Gon lost his arm because he was shocked and very sad. Killua wasn't an exception.

Biscuit can transform into a younger person because of her nen however you said that the vow and limitation of Gon can't make that just ONCE. XD

WHAT MAKES NEN STRONGER IT'S THE RESOLVE NOT THE HATRED (STOP WATCHING NARUTO XD)

Shocked? Shocked of what? He just fucking murdered her and his resolve is still there. Shocked of killing Pitou? Bullshit. Even Killua is shocked, and he still managed to save Gon, despite being much slower.

Biscuit can transform because she is much weaker in that form. Gon transform so that he is 1000x stronger. Biscuit already had power to surpass her younger form, her compressing it is understandable. Gon, on the other hand, haven't gotten even close to that power. The fact that he can use it is way too different from Biscuit. Once of not, doesn't matter.

Hatred makes you desperate to revenge which makes yout resolve. It's fucking clear here that Gon wanted revenge. Let's try comparing it to Kurapika who lost all his clan to the Phantom Troupe. Are you telling me that Kurapika's "resolve" is not comparable to Gon who just lost, what?, a normal friend (in this version, they are just normal friends). I finished watching Naruto 3 year ago and rated it 5 out of nostalgia. You don't have to tell me.

tuanguyenAug 6, 2019 7:12 PM
Aug 21, 2019 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
My second rewatch and it still amazing!
Aug 23, 2019 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
tuanguyen said:
cronosteso23 said:

Shocked? Shocked of what? He just fucking murdered her and his resolve is still there. Shocked of killing Pitou? Bullshit. Even Killua is shocked, and he still managed to save Gon, despite being much slower.

Biscuit can transform because she is much weaker in that form. Gon transform so that he is 1000x stronger. Biscuit already had power to surpass her younger form, her compressing it is understandable. Gon, on the other hand, haven't gotten even close to that power. The fact that he can use it is way too different from Biscuit. Once of not, doesn't matter.

Hatred makes you desperate to revenge which makes yout resolve. It's fucking clear here that Gon wanted revenge. Let's try comparing it to Kurapika who lost all his clan to the Phantom Troupe. Are you telling me that Kurapika's "resolve" is not comparable to Gon who just lost, what?, a normal friend (in this version, they are just normal friends). I finished watching Naruto 3 year ago and rated it 5 out of nostalgia. You don't have to tell me.

you watched the whole show and yet you did not understand how dangerous was the Vow and Limitation of Gon. it's one or the most convincing power up from the whole anime/manga, not that kind of shit like friendship power or losing my power and no more; NO, literally Gon lost hiself: moral/mental/future

The HxH 2011 made the mistake of omitting Kite's appearance however it's a fact that he saved Gon's life in the past and then he died for protecting Gon

Biscuit can TRANSFORM because of her Nen ability however she has 3 ABILITIES: Magical Esthetician
Magical Spa Services
Piano Massage

thus the younger version was a side effect, similar to Kurapika and the contradiction of the CHAIN JAIL ON HIMSELf as Gon said. It's funny those distractions of you because BISCUIT DIT NOT "already had power to surpass her younger form" SHE WAS ALREADY AN ADULT

also Gon beheaded pitou as Kite taught him however in that moment Gon broke himself, thus you did not comprehend anything. Then you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you, just that

YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/wgLps4VLRXU
Aug 23, 2019 10:45 PM
Jan 2019
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

you watched the whole show and yet you did not understand how dangerous was the Vow and Limitation of Gon. it's one or the most convincing power up from the whole anime/manga, not that kind of shit like friendship power or losing my power and no more; NO, literally Gon lost hiself: moral/mental/future

The HxH 2011 made the mistake of omitting Kite's appearance however it's a fact that he saved Gon's life in the past and then he died for protecting Gon

Biscuit can TRANSFORM because of her Nen ability however she has 3 ABILITIES: Magical Esthetician
Magical Spa Services
Piano Massage

thus the younger version was a side effect, similar to Kurapika and the contradiction of the CHAIN JAIL ON HIMSELf as Gon said. It's funny those distractions of you because BISCUIT DIT NOT "already had power to surpass her younger form" SHE WAS ALREADY AN ADULT

also Gon beheaded pitou as Kite taught him however in that moment Gon broke himself, thus you did not comprehend anything. Then you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you, just that

I found none of your points reasonable. But that's fine because

>you disliked the CA arc just because, a mere and simple opinion of you

everything is just a mere and simple opinion. The same with you and me. Sorry for not liking your favorite.
Aug 24, 2019 6:36 AM

Jan 2011
tuanguyen said:
cronosteso23 said:

Magical Spa Services
Piano Massage

everything is just a mere and simple opinion. The same with you and me. Sorry for not liking your favorite.

you are obtuse. what I said was a fact not an opinion. ¡duh!
"already had power to surpass her younger form" XD ¡Duh!
Aug 24, 2019 6:44 AM
Jan 2019
cronosteso23 said:
tuanguyen said:

you are obtuse. what I said was a fact not an opinion. ¡duh!
"already had power to surpass her younger form" XD ¡Duh!

yeye you right I wrong lmao.
Aug 25, 2019 2:36 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode!

OMG the violence of Neferpitō who was destroyed by Gon metamorphosed!

Sep 19, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2016
Now that's a fucking insane episiode, worth the 130 eps before that
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 22, 2019 8:20 PM
Apr 2018
Jesus, Pitou was simply... overpowered by Gon. Not even close to match him. It's a bit disappointing since, in my opinion, there was build up to a more elaborated fight but what we got was really amazing

Wish the producers had hired a different VA for Gon, but that's just me nitpicking
Oct 13, 2019 6:01 PM

Aug 2016
Local kid hits puberty and kills a kitten
:v
Oct 31, 2019 1:45 AM

May 2016
Gon's limitless rage against Pitou and her refusal to keep her promise to revive Kite had made him use an ungodly amount of aura to force his body's development until he had reached the point where anything he'd do to his enemy would be overkill. His immense power-up should've been the stuff of legends but it ended up being a tragic show of how Gon had given up everything to fulfill his vengeance, even at the cost of his own life... Not even Killua was able to stop him from completely disintegrating Pitou's posthumously stubborn body with his strongest and most aura-consuming Jajanken yet. To be fair, he would've had died if he had not used all that against her though.

One of the enemies are dead but it doesn't have the celebratory feel at all.

Nov 11, 2019 7:51 PM

Dec 2014
GG to best girl (??) Pitou. Someone kill Pouf please. I'm curious to see the reprecussions of Gon's transformation now.

It's insane that Meruem is still probably leagues ahead of this version of Gon now that he got another power boost. That is an OP villain if I've ever seen one
Dec 11, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao wtf happened to Gon. That form looked hilarious. Probably because the clothes was way to small. But man he pulverized Pito. That was very satisfying to see. I am not excited to see the aftermath however.
Dec 29, 2019 12:06 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Where did all of the hat come from? I guess it's a given for enhancers, but I don't know Gon lost his arm for the second time, I wonder how he will treat it this time around
Jan 15, 2020 4:53 AM

Feb 2012
i can't imagine what would happen if instead of Kite it was Killua lol
So that's why they call this form Gon-san.
Both he and killua have the potential with the same amount of training Netero did to achieve a new level of power surpassing every human we know about.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jan 30, 2020 9:58 AM
Dec 2019
This episode is incredible. I can't believe I was rooting for both sides in this fight. It honestly really sucked seeing Neferpitou killed at the hands of Gon, but it was what needed to happen in terms of revenge and just desserts and all that.

Also when older Gon appeared I YELLED.
Mar 14, 2020 6:41 PM

Jun 2017
Wow, Gon turned into a full, grown-ass man. I hope his appearance doesn't stay like that though. I kinda felt bad when Pitou died, Idk why tho since I kinda didn't like him/her.
Apr 1, 2020 9:57 PM
Sep 2019
this is definitely my favorite episode of the anime, everything about it is great.

i’m so glad to see gon beat the shit out of pitou.
Apr 1, 2020 10:28 PM
Sep 2019
tuanguyen said:

you realize that gon is an enhancer and kurapika is a conjurer right? of course they’re not gonna be able to do the same shit.
Apr 25, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2019
Gon never ceases to both amaze and scare me at the same time.
Based on what I've seen till now, I don't think that Pitou isn't THAT bad, she just deeply cares for Meruem.
Also, did they just kill off the MC.. and best boy KILLUA?!!
Idk.
Apr 30, 2020 4:26 PM

Apr 2018
Greatest Episode ever❤
May 18, 2020 8:52 AM

Nov 2018
I only have one word to describe this episode, and that is 'glorious'. Probably the best episode of the series

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
May 18, 2020 10:26 AM
Nov 2019
yoo wtf wtf wtf......how much did gon sacrifie for that.....dammnnn
May 29, 2020 7:42 PM

Jul 2019
GODDAMN....my jaw dropped so many times

This is among some of the most transcendent and exhilarating moments that I've seen from this show so far, fkn magnificent

I have no idea how Madhouse can top this moving forward...
Jun 14, 2020 7:06 AM
Jan 2010
nice asspull lmfaaaaooooooooooooooooooo
am I watching dragonball? Did he go super gon?
This show is a fucking embarrassment. Remember the battle system still? Nen and ren and zetsu and what the fucking ever. Why even waste all those hundreds of episodes on training that crap? Flush it all down the toilet, it's all worthless and a waste of time. This is just a bad copy of dragonball. king is an edgy cell, rock paper shit is kamehameha, gon is green goku, this latest asspull is super saiyan right down to the hair and muscles. The battle system is a pretentious copy of every shounen ever where all that matters in the end is the power of feelings and friendship, which was incredibly brief and nonexistent between kaitou and green goku as far as what has been show on screen (all that matters). Kaitou isn't even a character, just a shitty plot device to get goku to go super saiyan. Now where have I seen a moment like that before, only done a million times better...
If this arc had been episodes 100-110 and ended there, I may have raised the score from 1 to 2. But this asspull just cemented this show as almost (still not quite) the worst show I have ever seen.
Jul 4, 2020 1:25 PM
Oct 2019
im in physical pain
Aug 14, 2020 5:30 AM
May 2020
I'm crying!!!! coz this episode was sad but great and intense!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 17, 2020 9:12 AM

Dec 2007
i actually think it deserve pitou, while gon mind torn he's bot only heals himself but declare on killing him.

though i wouldn't want to see gon like that gaze for revenge, i gotta say his whole scene of transforming was badass.

i hope they also explain his "gift" for this. don't die gon!
Aug 22, 2020 3:23 AM
Aug 2020
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Sep 26, 2020 5:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What to say... i'm shocked, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE episode, Pito got one-shot + beheaded by Gon, WTF is his muscular form didn't expect it at all + the moment with Killua was absolutely incredible... RIP his arm though, damn probably the best episode of Hunter x Hunter so far
Sep 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Jun 2020
Holy shit I was literally shaking there Gon's face was so crazy damn he was able to reach the Meruem level damn poor Pitou she suffered a painful death the animation on when Gon is transforming was so good now I get why this is on the top 3 on Mal that was fucking intense Gon was a heartless beast so this is what Hisoka mean.

Love this series so much especially this episode this was I have been waiting Gon's rage damn 5/5.
Nov 2, 2020 8:05 PM

Feb 2009
The animation quality was outstanding, and the revenge was as sweet as rice pudding! However I still cant find this arc as amazing as most of you. It has its moments, but it just drags on forever.
Nov 13, 2020 5:57 PM
Feb 2018
i think we all agree that hxh 131 is still far better than kny 19, right?
Nov 29, 2020 3:01 PM
Aug 2020
HOLY SHIT WTF WAS THAT!!!!! the soundtrack and animation were SUGOI!!! this is like the ultimate rage :0
Dec 7, 2020 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
I was told that this episode had one of the best rage moments in the history of anime. Well... it didn't. Also I don't get why people like Pitou so much, seems like a very meh character to me.
Dec 8, 2020 4:05 PM

Dec 2020
gon is so scary wtf... oh my god
Dec 17, 2020 11:01 PM

Jun 2020
Bruh Gon IS HIS OWN FUCKING DAD

He finally broke out of the trauma that is kite and realized that he had a part in making everything worse
Pitou was a great character , why :(
Dec 21, 2020 1:14 AM

Jul 2020
Damn Gon I literally don’t know what to say. I don’t know if I can move on to the next episode after what I just witnessed.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Oct 13, 2012

272 by KANSIKOL »»
4 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

65 by Fullmetaldak »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

916 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
Apr 27, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhae »»
Apr 27, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.