Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like they're going to cover volume 6 from the LN. That means...MIKU. It's funny how she has the name of a fictional singer. Anyways, I'm not too sure about her voice. I mean, I think it matches but it might take me a little time to get used to.

But yeah, I'm curious to see how this arc will go. Hopefully it won't be too rushed. Shidou was kinda silly this episode tbh. On the other hand, Miku's quite intimidating. Can't wait to see her powers soon.
May 9, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
So a new character in a new arc. She has a great singing voice, but somewhat scary when using her power. Welp it's time for Shido to seal her.

Oh man, it's a trap! Well, IDK Shido looks cute..... Wait what the hell am I saying...

Miku is onto Shido for some reason when he visited her school and having a long chat.

Some growing tension on the AST headquarters.

So far for the light novel, I think they will cover volumes 6 and 7, so I might expect some rushing consistency in here.

May 9, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, that was REALLY rushed. Miku sounds okay, I was curious about that. Looks like next week will continue on quite well. But man, rushed is almost an understatement for that episode.
May 9, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
MasiTronXIII said:
Wow, that was REALLY rushed. Miku sounds okay, I was curious about that. Looks like next week will continue on quite well. But man, rushed is almost an understatement for that episode.

Can't be helped I guess. LN adaptations. I just hope they don't rush even more parts with
May 9, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2011
Stark700 said:
MasiTronXIII said:

Can't be helped I guess. LN adaptations. I just hope they don't rush even more parts with

Considering how popular she is in Japan I think it's safe to say that they will do a fine job with her scenes.
May 9, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2009
I know Miku has the biggest measurement of all the DAL spirits but damn, them Mikus are BIG.
I was prepared for her voice when I listened to her small part in the Ars Install PV but it's still irritating in the ears. Chihara Minori is a fantastic VA and all but this is not one of her best roles. The fact that it carries over to the songs is kinda disappointing as well as I was looking forward to Miku singing.

Shiori best girl. Decent enough voice acting as well. Kinda weird to listen to a "girl" that uses 'ore'.

And talk about a rush job. Covered half of volume 6 and probably gonna wrap it up by next episode by the looks of the preview. And no twins in sight like they didn't even exist.
They couldn't even utilize the 10 episode that was given to them. Damn it all. Goodbye season 3.

At least we're gonna get volume 7 an episode earlier. Good news for Nightmare fans I guess. A small positive thing amidst this rushed episode.
May 9, 2014 12:00 PM
Oct 2012
The plot that had little to do with Miku was super-rushed yes, but I still think this episode was done well. Trading slice-of-life antics to devote most of the time to the main plot.

Shid-- I mean Shiori, you play a girl much better than a guy, just admit it.
May 9, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
Not bad, but quite rushed -.- Used to it by now though XD

Miku's voice wasn't what I was expecting at all. It wasn't that bad. But it was too cutesy. I liked her singing more than her usual voice though XD

Shiori was nice to see ^^

Nothing much to say.
May 9, 2014 12:28 PM
Oct 2013
Can you say rushed? No yamai this episode either. Great that Miku was introduced though.
May 9, 2014 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was way too rushed, it covered like almost half of light novel volume 6 of Miku's arc.

It was good to see Miku had been animated.

Anyway, Shiori was cute.
removed-userMay 9, 2014 12:40 PM
May 9, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2010
I missed the Yamai twins, they're fun to watch.
May 9, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
Diva you say? More like Divahkiin. I had to make that joke :D
OnbuuMay 9, 2014 1:33 PM
May 9, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2013
Shido cross dressing as a girl lol. That spirit is pretty interesting.
May 9, 2014 1:23 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
New Spirit introduced; "Diva", aka Izayoi Miku. A mysterious idol.
Her singing is beautiful! Though, her attitude towards Shido is not so due to her extreme distaste of men..

Shido finally gets along with Miku as Shiori. But soon to be having disputes among each other..
However, Miku throws in a deal for him.

Meanwhile, AST plans to capture Shido and Tohka.

Average episode. A lot of plot point were missing from the LN.

May 9, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay episode.

I'm guessing because I haven't gotten to this part of the novel yet it didn't feel really that rushed to me. Must say though things did happen did get intense quickly. I like Miku. She is way different than the other spirits. Must say I like how they switching things up and breaking the whole kiss and seal format.
May 9, 2014 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Man this episode got me like O_O. Then when the cross dressing came in. OMG! Then a contest against Miku, dang. This is going to be interesting.
May 9, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
Who the fuck are you Shido, Battler?
Ahah, I knew she was a lesbian. Best episode ever.
May 9, 2014 3:04 PM
Mar 2013
Lol, I should've seen this coming. About time some of the old season 1 charm came back to us. Cross dressing Shido xD

I'm really liking this new spirit. Just the right mix of craziness to make things more interesting. Shido's got his hands full with this one.
May 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Meh errbody knows we're all here for Kurumi, bring her out already.
May 9, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2014
Not familiar with the LN version(although I'll probably read it in the future) so I can't say how rushed this was in comparison.

Miku's...frankly, kind of a bitch. Her voice didn't really kill my eardrums but I wasn't expecting it to be so cutesy. Kinda understandable though, since she's an idol.

Also, the plot thickens at AST HQ. New leader comes off as a bloodthirsty bitch. I was not pleased; I thought Origami and her rabid Spirit hatred was bad. However, I was surprised at Kyouko's rather justified resistance to the DEM's plans to grab Tohka and Shido...in the middle of a crowded festival.

I'm not really enjoying S2 as much as I did S1, for some reason. I expect it to pick up a little before this season is over. The hints of the underlying plot, however, are pretty nice.
May 9, 2014 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Shiori was very cute lol. Miku was okay i guess.
Bring out Kurumi already! :<
May 9, 2014 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
Every successful harem male lead has to cross-dress someday.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 9, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Lol, Shiori.

I want Kurumi already ;-; Guess I'll have to wait till ep 7 or 8.

AST plans on capturing Shido and Tohka :o
May 9, 2014 3:57 PM
Mar 2013
SandyBoi said:
Lol, Shiori.

I want Kurumi already ;-; Guess I'll have to wait till ep 7 or 8.

AST plans on capturing Shido and Tohka :o
Well it definitely looks like Miku will take another episode. So yeah, it has to be 7 or 8 at the max. Knowing Kurumi, she's definitely difficult to handle so she'll take several episodes ^^
May 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
Chihara Minori's singing voice is good.
Her talking voice though... I'm not familiar with her voice variations, but the other one is probably for tougher character.

Did I miss the "maji hiku wa~" this episode or the glasses girl really don't get a line this week ?
nseikaMay 9, 2014 4:56 PM
May 9, 2014 4:49 PM

Jun 2013
I don't like how they rushed things :P Though I'm glad to see Shido as a girl :D

I hope the next episode won't be as rushed as this one.
May 9, 2014 5:24 PM

Jan 2014
Wow....Miku is a bitch -__- . I just want to see Kurumi all ready damn it !!!!! This episode was not really good, 6/10, really hope we get something better next week.
May 9, 2014 5:43 PM
Mar 2014
shido is cute as a girl and miku is a total bitch i swear
May 9, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
bunny_lover said:
it's a dark path every harem lead has to take the only choice is to embrace it..will say Shido trap is to strong

i actually enjoyed this more than most of the season so far despite hearing it was rushed still waiting on kurumi ;-;
May 9, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
First off, two things. I've not read the LNs, so my opinions are of the anime only. Second, I have no idea why everyone is in such a rush to get to Kurumi. Didn't think she was anything special character wise, she's powerful and she's evil. That's about it.

Ok, moving on. I found the pace of this episode to be extremely well done, things happened and there the usual gags. Not a lot of fanservice, which made room for the plot. I like it, very nicely played episode.

Miku... Oh, Miku, why you have to be such a crazy bitch? Isn't it enough that we have to deal with THE crazy bitch in another episode or two? Her voice was nice, she sings well and sounds very cutesy, but her personality could use some work.

Overall, another solid episode. Good season so far, tho I think season one was better. Gonna give this episode a 8/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 9, 2014 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
oh Shiori-chan is looking good there! Kotori imouto mode finally made an appearance too <3 and where's Kaguya and Yuzuru? they disappeared? da hell? Shouldn't them move into the Itsuka's residence as well? :3
May 9, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2013
Are they even allowed to name her Miku or is it just a pun?

Wouldn't vocaloid fans be raging about this?
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
May 9, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
Sigh. Some people are so impatient to see Kurumi. Why not make your own anime and make her appear in every episode then? Hahaha!

Anyway, I finally see Shiori in full color and alive her. Definitely cute, Miku does seem bitch it didn't get to me. For sure we'll get to know why in the later episodes.
May 9, 2014 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
bunny_lover said:

If only to capture even more harem slav-er... I mean members!

Miku was an absolute Yuri machine. I would have wanted to see Shido actually hypnotized by her and doing her bidding. That would have made a great great scene XD

They brought back the dating selection bubbles this time around! Woohoo! Always a joy to see what sort of sick choices they come up with for their dating sims, and which choices are actually popular with the crew.

What I don't get is why Tohka, in her limited seconds of screen time, will only grab Shido when Onigami is around. It's like the rest of the time she just doesn't care who Shido is with, regardless of it being male or female.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 9, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2010
Shido's more feminine than the actual girls of the show.
May 9, 2014 8:59 PM

Oct 2010
Wow this episode was really rushed. Too bad all the parts with the Yamai twins have been cut, cuz I wanted to see them at school. At least we get to see Shido 'transform' to Shiori and Miku of course. Hopefully they do not rush the 2nd half of volume 6 too much next ep. Overall, ep gets 4/5.
May 9, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2011
Ramkec said:
Meh errbody knows we're all here for Kurumi, bring her out already.

Lol this.

Although Minori Chiharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3333 For the time being, I have no problem to wait for Kurumi to appear if I have to listen Minorin~ singing.
May 9, 2014 9:30 PM

Mar 2013
Finally got past those boring twins. This ep was the best one so far this season, if only because we got back to the meets a spirit, has a date with her formula, which is the only thing that made season 1 enjoyable. The yuri twist was fun too, even if this Miku girl's voice is really irritating.
May 9, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2011
Holy crap! Shido... er.. Shiori looks so damn fine. Hahaha.

Miku is a tough nut to crack. Can't wait to see what Shido would do now to seal her powers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2014 10:39 PM

May 2013
Shidou in a trap mode. How cute he is :v

When Miku was introduced, I was like "Woah wait, where's Yoshino?" She's intimidating though I kinda like her. Welp, people are still complaining when will Kurumi appear again.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 9, 2014 11:04 PM

Dec 2013
Miku the new yuri lover. Woohoo. Yuri. ^^

That aside, it was kind of a really rushed episode. So I think i'll just give it a 4/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 9, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2013
alphazero4um said:
Man this episode got me like O_O. Then when the cross dressing came in. OMG! Then a contest against Miku, dang. This is going to be interesting.
My thoughts exactly.

I hope they explain why she hates men, oh and I can't to see her reaction after she finds out about Shido :3 For his sake I hope its after he seals her.
May 9, 2014 11:17 PM

Jan 2011
Why are anime lesbians always man haters?
May 9, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2012
katsu044 said:
bunny_lover said:
it's a dark path every harem lead has to take the only choice is to embrace it..will say Shido trap is to strong

i actually enjoyed this more than most of the season so far despite hearing it was rushed still waiting on kurumi ;-;
Raku is lucky in that cross dressing is not required for him, or does that mean Nisekoi is not a harem (Chitoge route only)?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 9, 2014 11:35 PM

Feb 2012
That's one obnoxious spirit.. Don't like her that much. Even Shido (girl version) is prettier. LOL!!

No more Yamai twins?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 9, 2014 11:49 PM

Nov 2012
Onbuu said:
Diva you say? More like Divahkiin. I had to make that joke :D

I blew more air out of my nose than usual

So we got a bit of Yoshino yay but the twins were no where to be seen

Wonder how Miku will react she inevitably kisses Shido and finds out he is a boy XD
May 10, 2014 12:28 AM

Mar 2011
Diva what a b1tch, f*ck her personality.
May 10, 2014 12:43 AM

Mar 2014
I was so bored by this season but we get to see a awesome yuri bitch Spirit. I want her to meet Kotori!! 3/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 10, 2014 1:52 AM

Jan 2011
Pain_is_love said:
katsu044 said:
bunny_lover said:

Raku is lucky in that cross dressing is not required for him, or does that mean Nisekoi is not a harem (Chitoge route only)?
Raku is indeed lucky but his days are counting down it's only a matter of time before Naoshi sends him down that road
May 10, 2014 3:11 AM

May 2013
Spotlight goes to Miku! I think she's the last spirit to be shown this season. So she hates guys. Shidou even has to crossdress to meet her. Tough luck Shidou. :)

Shidou is a cute crossdresser though.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.