Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2014 5:38 PM
Oct 2011
Killua just went there, threw a couple of hits, and ran away. So good, while it lasted.

I did somehow like Ikalgo getting more development, but seriously, Brovoda is just too lame of a character. I wonder what game Togashi was addicted on while writing this shit.
I just hope this'll be relevant for in the next arcs, if Togashi ever thought of continuing the series.

And for the 5th episode in a row, Morel and Pouf are still waiting. Seriously Madhouse, this is stupid. Though it seems they'll finally do something next episode. About time.
Mar 4, 2014 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
This was a nice epi. i think most people force themselves to believe that this is a common battle shonen, well sorry to disappoint you but it's not, in fact this is the best "battle shonen" that i've watched since FMAB, anyway ikalgo is such a nice guy, liked how he isn't that "monster" that the chimera ants are supposed to be.
Mar 4, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 2008
Poor Ikalgo... I wonder how he's going to get out of that monitor room now.

I guess the next episode will be Morel and Pouf.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 4, 2014 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
Caio_Nihilus said:
This was a nice epi. i think most people force themselves to believe that this is a common battle shonen, well sorry to disappoint you but it's not, in fact this is the best "battle shonen" that i've watched since FMAB, anyway ikalgo is such a nice guy, liked how he isn't that "monster" that the chimera ants are supposed to be.

No. Naruto is better than it. naruto shippuden akatskui ark is better, one piece is better, yu yu hackushoo is better. ssorry.
Mar 4, 2014 6:13 PM

Oct 2009
Summary of the current situation:

- Shoot got spanked hard and almost died
- Knuckle almost died
- Meleoron almost died
- Killua got dumped by Gon and went to vent his anger on Yupi. Amazingly enough, he didnt almost die.
- Pufu is trying to force Morau to have a brain stroke.
- Gon is having a staring competition with Pitou
- Komugi is obiously getting laid.
- Octobro just unlocked the loser achievement!
- The King and Netero went out for a beer or so.

Things are looking promising.
Mar 4, 2014 6:19 PM
Jan 2014
Oneeyedwolf said:
Caio_Nihilus said:

No. Naruto is better than it. naruto shippuden akatskui ark is better, one piece is better, yu yu hackushoo is better. ssorry.

sorry for what? he said "that i have seen" you are entitled to your opinion , for you naruto , one piece etc might be better than hunter x hunter so what?

anyway naruto was good , naruto shippuden needs to finish soon cause it's getting bad , one piece hmm was good now i dont really care too slow and too long. I still prefer hxh better. The last arc is kind slow but still good, i guess you need to have all the episodes pilled up and marathon them to appreciate and enjoy the arc.
Mar 4, 2014 6:35 PM

May 2012
JamalKing said:
Vexper said:
You can really tell who appreciates this as a great show with an intricate plot threaded with great characters, and those who just want mindless shonen battles.

Uber lol, people need to stop talking about HxH as if it's the pinnacle of plot depth and character development. I've been doing an FMAB marathon to rewatch it and it's made me realise how dragged out and DBZ like this show really is. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed basically everything up until this arc but now it's taking the piss. Less than 3mins of Killua & Youpi followed by a boring ass tangent where nothing happened.

Or maybe Fullmetal and Hunter x Hunter have two different ways to tell their stories. Seriously if you think nothing happened and that the arc is like DBZ then what does that say about your attention span. IF you think nothing happens.
Mar 4, 2014 6:47 PM

Feb 2014
bleachjoj said:
JamalKing said:
Vexper said:
You can really tell who appreciates this as a great show with an intricate plot threaded with great characters, and those who just want mindless shonen battles.

Uber lol, people need to stop talking about HxH as if it's the pinnacle of plot depth and character development. I've been doing an FMAB marathon to rewatch it and it's made me realise how dragged out and DBZ like this show really is. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed basically everything up until this arc but now it's taking the piss. Less than 3mins of Killua & Youpi followed by a boring ass tangent where nothing happened.

Or maybe Fullmetal and Hunter x Hunter have two different ways to tell their stories. Seriously if you think nothing happened and that the arc is like DBZ then what does that say about your attention span. IF you think nothing happens.

It's not the arc itself that's like DBZ it's the way it's being told, I'm seriously having flashbacks to 10 episode long speeches about how awesome the next punch is going to be.
Mar 4, 2014 6:48 PM

Oct 2010
JamalKing said:
Less than 3mins of Killua & Youpi followed by a boring ass tangent where nothing happened.

Boring to you. Some people actually like character development. If you think "nothing happened" then you clearly weren't paying very close attention.
Oneeyedwolf said:

You do realize that Ikalgo is a more developed character than 90% of Naruto characters don't you?
Mar 4, 2014 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Killuia's new techniques are awesome. Godspeed and Whirlwind. Youpi could not even touch him.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 4, 2014 7:13 PM

May 2012
JamalKing said:
bleachjoj said:
JamalKing said:
Vexper said:

It's not the arc itself that's like DBZ it's the way it's being told, I'm seriously having flashbacks to 10 episode long speeches about how awesome the next punch is going to be.

That's not even close to what Hunter x Hunter. You can dislike the way it's told but to compare to DBZ is false when a lot things are happening just not at the pace you'd like.
Mar 4, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Yorknew didn't have these issues. Just sayain'.
It certainly did in the manga, here and there... (For instance, chapters 85-88, 102, etc.)

Because of this, a few people I know had considered the Hunter Exam and even G.I. as their favorite. =X
GalekCMar 4, 2014 7:32 PM
Mar 4, 2014 7:38 PM

Aug 2010
Really liked Killua's ability. His godspeed ability is pretty damn epic.
Mar 4, 2014 7:40 PM
Apr 2013
Here's what makes Hunter x Hunter so much different from DBZ (And shouldn't be even spoken of in the same sentence)... IMO of course.

DBZ: 10 episodes on one fight (and its only half way over) with maybe one or two small events happening very sparingly.

Hunter x Hunter: 10 episodes focusing on six different fights and various other events, sometimes switching out characters. I wouldn't be shocked if the narrator is so prevalent because there are so many battles to keep track of.
Mar 4, 2014 7:49 PM
Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
Then don't indirectly reply to me and add a weird insult to it 'thank god you don't write manga'. If you don't want to discuss.

I don't even see how is this a difference of a opinion. Ikaglo and Welfin are not even remotely close to being important characters, especially compared to Gon, Komugi, The King and The royal guards. The climax of the story had nothing to do with them. It's like saying Leorio and Senritsu were important to the conclusion of the yorknew arc.

Dude, if we discuss those events, we are going to spoil... Let's wait till' the arc is over and then I can show you why Ikalgo's and Welfin's time in screen are not worthless, have a meaning and an important role in the end on the arc.
Mar 4, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
I'm exaggerating with the DBZ comparison obviously but my feelings remain the same. It's dragging like feck.
Mar 4, 2014 8:18 PM

Nov 2013
Aresnalfan said:
Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?

I was thinking the same. It started well, but after that crybaby octopus appeared this episode went downhill.
"There's a difference between being a genie, and just being trapped in a bottle. " - 2D
Mar 4, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
I was fearing that this Ikalgo skirmish would take up this and the next episode, but nope! I knew it could be done in less than one.
Mar 4, 2014 8:54 PM

Feb 2013
Paracelso said:
tsudecimo said:
Then don't indirectly reply to me and add a weird insult to it 'thank god you don't write manga'. If you don't want to discuss.

I don't even see how is this a difference of a opinion. Ikaglo and Welfin are not even remotely close to being important characters, especially compared to Gon, Komugi, The King and The royal guards. The climax of the story had nothing to do with them. It's like saying Leorio and Senritsu were important to the conclusion of the yorknew arc.

Dude, if we discuss those events, we are going to spoil... Let's wait till' the arc is over and then I can show you why Ikalgo's and Welfin's time in screen are not worthless, have a meaning and an important role in the end on the arc.

if you want to discuss the future events you can do so in the manga threads or just leave comments directly on tsudecimo's profile
Mar 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
Ikalgo was awesome this episode. I understand his feelings. I felt sorry for Brovada, that wouldn't be a good death.
Mar 4, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Y'all think killua is amazing wait and see what gon's new move is
Mar 4, 2014 10:07 PM
Sep 2013
Wow, I actually liked this episode more than I thought I would. Octobro's early parts were my least favorite part of the invasion. I didn't find his scenes as engaging so far but this time the anime worked wonders.

The next episode definitely looks outsourced. But, that shouldn't be so much of a problem.

So it's the Koreans again huh? How bad does it look btw?
Mar 4, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Wow, I actually liked this episode more than I thought I would. Octobro's early parts were my least favorite part of the invasion. I didn't find his scenes as engaging so far but this time the anime worked wonders.

The next episode definitely looks outsourced. But, that shouldn't be so much of a problem.

It doesn't "look" bad. The art is mostly consistent in those episodes because of the fewer frames that have to be worked with.
I thought that this episode was going to have such treatment, but it thankfully didn't. Although, it still could have been handled quite a bit better. Still managed to enjoy it a lot, at least.
Mar 4, 2014 10:33 PM
Sep 2013
GalekC said:
Cresherhsm said:

It doesn't "look" bad. The art is mostly consistent in those episodes because of the fewer frames that have to be worked with.
I thought that this episode was going to have such treatment, but it thankfully didn't. Although, it still could have been handled quite a bit better.

Phew. Well as long as we good great animation for the important parts I wouldn't mind.

Mar 4, 2014 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
Cresherhsm said:
And you're right HxH previews are especially tricky. -_-
Did you get a load of that moving clip-art image of Kanmuru Killua in the last episode's preview of this? XD I was so sure that Godspeed here was going to be a still-frame extravaganza, and then it wasn't.
Mar 4, 2014 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Paracelso said:
tsudecimo said:

Seems to me that you have no answer to my question. Why wait anyway? I already know what's gonna happen.

SimmianPrime said:

Oneeyedwolf said:

You do realize that Ikalgo is a more developed character than 90% of Naruto characters don't you?

Come on bro.

GalekC said:
tsudecimo said:
Yorknew didn't have these issues. Just sayain'.
It certainly did in the manga, here and there... (For instance, chapters 85-88, 102, etc.)

Because of this, a few people I know had considered the Hunter Exam and even G.I. as their favorite. =X

Well, I didn't the manga there but I watched the anime version of both the 1999 adaption and the 2011 adaption and IMHO the arc was near flawless and one of the few shounen arcs that I would give a 10.
Mar 4, 2014 11:16 PM

Jun 2009
@ Tsudecimo

He ( Paracelso) should wait because this is a discussion for episode 119 and not events that haven't come to pass yet. Seriously, wait until whenever that stuff happens and then you guys can do this. And, hey, maybe my anime only ass can join in the discussion.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 4, 2014 11:17 PM
Nov 2012
WTF people... Always complaining...

I really appreciate this episode. 8/10.
Mar 4, 2014 11:21 PM

Dec 2012
Then it his fault for indirectly replying to me, I'm just saying. And sorry for my posts in general. It's just that it's hard to find discussion about HxH outside the anime sub forum, the manga section is highly inactive and what I'm talking about happens months down the line.
Mar 4, 2014 11:21 PM
Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:

Well, I didn't the manga there but I watched the anime version of both the 1999 adaption and the 2011 adaption and IMHO the arc was near flawless and one of the few shounen arcs that I would give a 10.

What were the others? I wouldn't want to miss out on something masterpiece worthy.

GalekC said:
Cresherhsm said:
And you're right HxH previews are especially tricky. -_-
Did you get a load of that moving clip-art image of Kanmuru Killua in the last episode's preview of this? XD I was so sure that Godspeed here was going to be a still-frame extravaganza, and then it wasn't.

Nope, I didn't. Unfortunately I only have a causal eye when it comes to good animation, though I did notice a slight dip in quality in since the 90s. I'm guessing the studio got a heads up on the time-slot change and decided to adjust things early. In the end I'm just glad the dip wasn't as bad as everyone was expecting it to be.
Mar 4, 2014 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
Then it his fault for indirectly replying to me, I'm just saying. And sorry for my posts in general. It's just that it's hard to find discussion about HxH outside the anime sub forum, the manga section is highly inactive and what I'm talking about happens months down the line.

Sorry for your suffering, but the news that it is months down the line is good for me. I'm loving this after all.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 4, 2014 11:29 PM
Sep 2013
insan3Spectre said:
tsudecimo said:

Sorry for your suffering, but the news that it is months down the line is good for me. I'm loving this after all.

After seeing your posts on these episode discussion threads, I'm certain that you're going to love it even more.
Mar 4, 2014 11:31 PM

Dec 2012
Cresherhsm said:
tsudecimo said:

What were the others? I wouldn't want to miss out on something masterpiece worthy.

Our tastes and preferences differ widely so I don't think you will see them as 'masterpeices'. It's just 2 or 3 arcs from Naruto and the Minus arc from Medaka Box.

insan3Spectre said:

Ah, haha. I'm actually interested in your reactions the most, out of all the anime watchers. The forums are gonna be fun, when we get to certain parts, you could say.
Mar 4, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Nope, I didn't. Unfortunately I only have a causal eye when it comes to good animation, though I did notice a slight dip in quality in since the 90s. I'm guessing the studio got a heads up on the time-slot change and decided to adjust things early. In the end I'm just glad the dip wasn't as bad as everyone was expecting it to be.
All because the latest previews have shown nothing but still images, I've been fooled a few times.
tsudecimo said:
Our tastes and preferences differ widely so I don't think you will see them as 'masterpeices'. It's just 2 or 3 arcs from Naruto and the Minus arc from Medaka Box.
OG, or Shippuden?
GalekCMar 4, 2014 11:37 PM
Mar 4, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
3/5 for me for some reason i cant get into these episodes where the octopus and wofl ant are the main focus
Mar 4, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
Godspeed was epic. I actually enjoyed the stuff with Octobro to be honest, but I wish we could get back to the quality of the Yorknew arc. I'm so over Chimera Ants, I never want to see another Magical Beast in HxH again after this arc.
ichii_1 said:
Mods, can you please clean this thread, it's almost all naruto comparisons and trolls/haters (I don't like this character so the whole episode/series is sh*t and whatever everyone else says is stupid because I'm right and a ton of spoilers)
I agree with the comparisons, but why should mods get rid of people's complaints? This is an episode discussion, meaning that we are here to discuss the good and the bad. If you come to one then expect to hear about the bad.

MinagatachiMar 4, 2014 11:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2014 11:48 PM

Jun 2009
Cresherhsm said:

After seeing your posts on these episode discussion threads, I'm certain that you're going to love it even more.

Good to hear, yeah. I've really, really liked this arc. So, I figure as long as it continues along it's present path I should keep liking it. It's pretty much to me what Yorknew is to Tsudecimo.

tsudecimo said:

Ah, haha. I'm actually interested in your reactions the most, out of all the anime watchers. The forums are gonna be fun, when we get to certain parts, you could say.

Way to put the pressure on me. But, I'm looking forward to whatever happens.

@ anyone Just curious, and if this is spoiler material forget I asked. But, are The King and Netero fighting as all this is going on? I've been wondering about that the last few weeks.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 4, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
insan3Spectre said:
@ anyone Just curious, and if this is spoiler material forget I asked. But, are The King and Netero fighting as all this is going on? I've been wondering about that the last few weeks.
Presently, they aren't.
Mar 4, 2014 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
GalekC said:
OG, or Shippuden?

One from both.

insan3 said:
Just curious, and if this is spoiler material forget I asked. But, are The King and Netero fighting as all this is going on? I've been wondering about that the last few weeks.

No. They haven't arrived to their destination yet.

Edit: ninja'd.
Mar 4, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, come to think of it there has only been a few minutes since they left? Yeah, I guess it would be impossible.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 5, 2014 12:40 AM

Aug 2013
another lackluster episode. The continuous switching of focus in one episode is getting really annoying.

3/5
Mar 5, 2014 12:45 AM

Jan 2014
An Ok episode, would've probably hated it if it weren't for Killua's part, thank god for that, and though Ikalgo has a part to play, it's rather insignificant to all that's currently happening, just my opinion though.

3/5
Mar 5, 2014 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
Enjoyed Broctopus vs Brovuda more than I thought I would.

5/5
Mar 5, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2011
insan3Spectre said:
Ah, come to think of it there has only been a few minutes since they left? Yeah, I guess it would be impossible.

well Most of complaint are from manga readers
As manga reader, I can say It is a psychological condition
Everyone waits for a particular event really like it and just cant wait so he will start complaining of nothing
And also, of course,there a trolls trying hard to influence how you feel about this Anime

for me i think you need to stop read their opinions if you really want a raw reaction
Mar 5, 2014 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
I love that Killua is able to continually beat the shit out of people twice his strength. Super Saiyan anyone?
Mar 5, 2014 2:02 AM
May 2013
Last few episodes have been painfully slow. I don't rly care about ikalgo and rly rly don't need to know about every little thing he is thinking
Mar 5, 2014 2:06 AM

Aug 2013
sebrina8 said:
disappointing episode. i can't believe togashi stole the raikage super sayain bullshit from naruto. well it is lighting, there is not much you can do with it.

You are aware of the fact that Raikage and Super Saiyan is not the same thing, and that in any case Naruto copied it off of Dragonball because it came before, right? Also Hunter x Hunter started march 1998 and Naruto in november 1999.
Mar 5, 2014 2:35 AM

Feb 2013
Anyone notice that shoot mark on youpi was gone?

If killua part was shown after octobro I wouldn't have complain, but after seeing killua power I want to see some action... Basically killua scene make octobro scene become little uninteresting bit.... but I still love how octobro outsmarted that larry lobster...
Mar 5, 2014 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
nurBAW said:
Anyone notice that shoot mark on youpi was gone?

If killua part was shown after octobro I wouldn't have complain, but after seeing killua power I want to see some action... Basically killua scene make octobro scene become little uninteresting bit.... but I still love how octobro outsmarted that larry lobster...

Yeah I noticed, I think the effect goes away if Shoot is too far away.
It's definitely not a mistake on the Animators part btw because the disappearance of the mark was really smooth.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 5, 2014 4:16 AM
Oct 2007
Killua went SSJ. How much longer are we going to be on Namek?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
7 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.