Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ikalgo was awesome imo this episode and so was Killua.

I give applause to Ikalgo for his using brains quite a bit and outsmarting Bloster. I noticed he didn't finish him off...heh. Next episode should be interesting. I want to see Pouf and his true abilities.
Stark700Mar 4, 2014 8:59 AM
Mar 4, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2010
Killua OP!
Ikalgo is such a great character.No matter what anyone says, i loved every second of this episode.Its not everything about main characters and fights.

I wonder if Pitou is still alive.I mean not everyone would survive that Gon's stare for so long.
Mar 4, 2014 11:29 AM
Jan 2013
Well, yeah, it's a really good anime, but i think it got a bit too off track this episode...
Mar 4, 2014 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?
Mar 4, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
Godspeed, probably the most badass lightning power in anime.

Stupid outsourced team though... the animation wasn't the same as last episode.
Lobster guy did a badass move there...

Couldn't help but relate to him when he tried to shoot the vehicle. That's me on GTA Online.
GrunbeldMar 4, 2014 11:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
judals said:

hmmm but still good animation
Mar 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah except for Godspeed's scene, it felt like... standard shonen fight animation.

Not very neat at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
judals said:

Couldn't help but relate to him when he tried to shoot the vehicle. That's me on GTA Online.
This wasn't actually outsourced...well, for the most part (I was afraid it would be full-on outsourced, but it wasn't).

The next episode definitely looks outsourced. But, that shouldn't be so much of a problem.
Mar 4, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
The second best episodes in the whole circulation are by an outsourced team (last episode)

I don't know who handled this but it wasn't very good.
I guess being out-sourced is no indicator of quality anymore.
Mar 4, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
judals said:

Uh what are you talking about? Mai Ishii and Migmi both work at Madhouse as does all of the key animators on their team/rotation that have been on the show since the beginning of the series...

As for the episode, Ikalgo went MacGuyver on Brovada's ass heh
Mar 4, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
disappointing episode. i can't believe togashi stole the raikage super sayain bullshit from naruto. well it is lighting, there is not much you can do with it.
Mar 4, 2014 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
Read my other post,

It's not for the Ikalgo stuff, that stuff is good but even if it weren't I wouldn't care, the whole fight is not very physical so it won't affect much, but I get the feeling Godspeed wasn't supposed to look like this.. and should have been animated better, the same way I felt Feitan vs Zazan should have been gotten the minimalist approach and given a very short time frame with super slick animation, the talking can come later after that.
Mar 4, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2012
judals said:
The second best episodes in the whole circulation are by an outsourced team (last episode)

Just please stop talking, you have no idea what you're talking about....
Last episode was handled by one of the better teams, Yoshihiro Sugano/ Aki Hayashi who also both work at Madhouse

There are only two outsourced teams for this anime and one of them has already done their ep this rotation
Mar 4, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
sebrina8 said:
disappointing episode. i can't believe togashi stole the raikage super sayain bullshit from naruto. well it is lighting, there is not much you can do with it.

Raikage doesn't manipulate his nervous system in that way, same idea of superspeed, though. Oh and that Raikage's powers were most likely revealed after Killua's.
Mar 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
HybridMBL said:
judals said:

Just please stop talking, you have no idea what you're talking about....
Last episode was handled by one of the better teams, Yoshihiro Sugano/ Aki Hayashi who also both work at Madhouse

There are only two outsourced teams for this anime and one of them has already done their ep this rotation

Hmmm, then which episode did they do?
Mar 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
sebrina8 said:

hahaha this happen in manga even before raikage appearance in manga naruto
Mar 4, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
dark-chaos said:
sebrina8 said:

Late 2008 is when Kanmuru debuted. When did the Raikage appearance happen?
Mar 4, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2011
GalekC said:
dark-chaos said:
sebrina8 said:

I do not remember, but I read this chapter before his appearance
Mar 4, 2014 12:19 PM
Apr 2013
dark-chaos said:
GalekC said:
dark-chaos said:
sebrina8 said:

Godspeed was revealed in October 2008 (And was in Togashi's head before then). The Raikage was introduced in 2009 (Can't find exact date, but during the second half of the year) and that was when he was introduced. His abilities weren't revealed into later, so Godspeed did come first.
Mar 4, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
dark-chaos said:
GalekC said:
dark-chaos said:
sebrina8 said:

Raikage's debut is in 2009. Not sure of the power.
Mar 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
doesn't matter, it it's stolen or not, it's a fairly generic power. the same thing goes for the chidori look alike.

> speeding up with lighting

when will someone finally be creative with this power?!!
Mar 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
sebrina8 said:

Yeah, that stupid Togashi is always copying Naruto. He did the same thing with Hunter exam, with Kurapika and many other things. Netero's ability is also a rip-off of that great villain in Naruto, Madara or something.
Togashi, you should just stop travelling time to copy what Kishimoto will write.
Mar 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
sebrina8 said:

ಥ_ಥ
Mar 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
ValeBreck said:
sebrina8 said:

Yeah, that stupid Togashi is always copying Naruto. He did the same thing with Hunter exam, with Kurapika and many other things. Netero's ability is also a rip-off of that great villain in Naruto, Madara or something.
Togashi, you should just stop travelling time to copy what Kishimoto will write.

don't forget chidori, that hands thing from that bald monk, the path of cliche darkness that gon is going through.

nah but seriously though why so butthurt. that wasn't the point of my post. stolen or not it's a cliche shitty ass lighting power. you can't copy something that's already been done to death anyway. whats next is killua can start his heart with it?

Aug 2010
I was expecting a full Killua focused ep :(

But oh well...

Loved his part though. The way he was owning Youpi was just tooo friggin BA!!
He looked so cool!!! Need a gif!!...But well he needed to recharge at the end XD

Youpi has started discovering the greatness of Nen. Shit!! XD

Although I don't really care about the Ikalgo, Palm, Brovuda part...I gotta admit it was done pretty well for what it was worth. I remember not caring about this part in the manga at all, at least in the anime it was done good enough for me not to sleep XD

Tough choice for Morel at the end but finally! Pouf vs Morel will commence nxt ep. I want to get this fight out of the way since it's the one I cared less about against the Royal Guards. Also Chibi Pouf will make his appearance nxt ep XD

May 2013
Awesome episode, I really liked Ikalgo in this episode. I know that a shit ton of people will complain about him getting so much attention but I like that Togashi gave every character a moments to shine. Something that did not happen in Yorknew.

Kanmuru looked amazing, my boy Killua went ham on Youpi for a little while xD Youpi is still beast though, complaining how weak these hunters are lol.

Yes Morel attack or do nothing, what is it gonna be :P

Preview for 120 is spoiler heavy, wtf were they thinking?! Still hyped for next week, it's gonna be real good :D
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 4, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2011
sebrina8 said:

nah but seriously though why so butthurt. that wasn't the point of my post. stolen or not it's a cliche shitty ass lighting power. you can't copy something that's already been done to death anyway. whats next is killua can start his heart with it?

I'm just tired of people saying "omg hunter x hunter copied naruto", when they don't even know what came out first

Anyway, I personally think that an explanation like this is quite original http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v27/c281/15.html , or at least the Shippuu Jinrai part
Mar 4, 2014 12:51 PM
Apr 2013
Ikalgo was being all MacGyver today. Have to really love how every character in Togashi's world never gets shafted.

Some of my favorite parts in the manga are coming out next.
Mar 4, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2013
sebrina8 said:
Sad. Just because Killua has Godspeed and Lightning powers REALLY doesn't mean the creator ripped it off the Raikage.
Think before you spout out something idiotic.
Mar 4, 2014 1:15 PM

May 2013
Great episode, poor Ikalgo. He was close D:
Mar 4, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
I really don't like how Killua's Kanmuru was changed from the manga. In there it is pretty clear that he can only delivery 8 reaction attacks before burning out all his power, and in a sense this explains why it is so powerful. Killua goes there, does his 8 attacks and them leaves.

In the anime he throws about 20 punches and some of the aspects of his power being reaction based are lost because of the way it is animated (it doesn't seems to be that different from just being very fast for a brief period of time and attacking) while the narration remains pretty much the same (and doesn't make a lot of sense with what we are seeing).

Madhouse probably changed that to have more of a proper fight than 8 punches and them retreat... = They shouldn't give in to this temptation =x

( Here if anyone is interested: http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v27/c281/10.html )
edungeonMar 4, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
Godspeed was EPIC. Shinrai Jirui OMG!!!!!

Ikalgo planned everything. I can see why he couldn't kill him as he isn't a killer.

Will Killua fight Youpi again????

Morel vs Pouf is here!!! Is that Pouf's transformation in the preview???
Mar 4, 2014 1:29 PM

Nov 2013
You can really tell who appreciates this as a great show with an intricate plot threaded with great characters, and those who just want mindless shonen battles.

Aresnalfan said:
Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?

Sigh.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
I really need to stop so I can marathon the rest of the epicness
Ikalgo was cool I loved his strategy
Mar 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
sebrina8 said:

XD
Why Togashi copy naruto? jajajaja

The Ikalgo Strategy: well done
Netero vs Meruem Coming soon (the most epic shonen fight)
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Mar 4, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2012
sebrina8 said:
ValeBreck said:
sebrina8 said:

don't forget chidori, that hands thing from that bald monk, the path of cliche darkness that gon is going through.

the sad part is hxh came first and kishimoto is the one that stoled a lot of ideas from here
Mar 4, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2013
cronosteso23 said:
sebrina8 said:

XD

I think we can stop calling out sebrina now, other posters have pointed out the mistake. Besides Killua wailing on Youpi was amusing, but not ZOMG epic anyway
gedataMar 4, 2014 1:46 PM
Mar 4, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2013
Vexper said:
You can really tell who appreciates this as a great show with an intricate plot threaded with great characters, and those who just want mindless shonen battles.

''Oh someone didn't like a HxH episode he can't appreciate something that is not a mindless action fest. Time for me to try act like an arrogant prick to feel better about myself'''

If only if they were reasons to not like an episode. Oh wait there is tons of them.

That's also funny since I also didn't like Killua's little fight. Drop the conceited tone you huntard fagboy. The truth is that the 'octabro' is a trivial and lousy character who is given too much focus to drag out the story. In the end, he is not gonna achieve something worthwhile, whoops spoiler alert. There is nothing intricate about the plotline of this arc. You are just easily impressed by things happening simultaneously.It's by far the most generic arc in Hunter x Hunter. This will be apparent soon enough and even more obvious with Netero vs The King.

> great characters

pls don't make me laugh
Mar 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2011
gedata said:
cronosteso23 said:
sebrina8 said:

XD

I think we can stop calling out sebrina now, other posters have pointed out the mistake. Besides Killua wailing on Youp was amusing, but not ZOMG epic anyway

youre right.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Mar 4, 2014 1:47 PM

Feb 2011
Ikalgo failing to kill him made me quite angry.
Mar 4, 2014 1:48 PM
Apr 2013
Aresnalfan said:
Vexper said:

''Oh someone didn't like a HxH episode he can't appreciate something that is not a mindless action fest. Time for me to try act like an arrogant prick to feel better about myself'''

If only if they were reasons to not like an episode. Oh wait there is tons of them.

That's also funny since I also didn't like Killua's little fight. Drop the conceited tone you huntard fagboy. The truth is that the 'octabro' is a trivial and lousy character who is given too much focus to drag out the story. In the end, he is not gonna achieve something worthwhile, whoops spoiler alert. There is nothing intricate about the plotline of this arc. You are just easily impressed by things happening simultaneously.It's by far the most generic arc in Hunter x Hunter. This will be apparent soon enough and even more obvious with Netero vs The King.

> great characters

pls don't make me laugh
Gee. If you're gonna call out people for being a jerk, don't act like a jerk yourself and spoil things.
Mar 4, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
Aresnalfan said:
Vexper said:

> great characters

pls don't make me laugh

and why u still keep watching?
Mar 4, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2011
I'm not happy, A whole episode for this? Killua without a doubt was badass scene but the rest was just a waste of time, i dont care about him fighting his morales to save his friends nor do i care about him escaping and how strategic he has to be.

If it wasnt for Killua this episode.. Ugh great now to wait a week for him to finally thinking of another way to escape and then after that episode we'll probably see the battle of king vs old guy, see them talk while they fly there.. sigh -_- i wish i was still 50 epsiode behind cause this arc's amazing T_T

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Mar 4, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
Well that's lightning.

What other techniques can be formed it?
Mar 4, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
dark-chaos said:
Aresnalfan said:
Vexper said:

> great characters

pls don't make me laugh

and why u still keep watching?

Because I can do whatever the fuck I want. How is this any of your concern?

kumquat123 said:
I'm not happy, A whole episode for this? Killua without a doubt was badass scene but the rest was just a waste of time, i dont care about him fighting his morales to save his friends nor do i care about him escaping and how strategic he has to be.

If it wasnt for Killua this episode.. Ugh great now to wait a week for him to finally thinking of another way to escape and then after that episode we'll probably see the battle of king vs old guy, see them talk while they fly there.. sigh -_- i wish i was still 50 epsiode behind cause this arc's amazing T_T

Watch out dude. Another huntard might come and call you a mindless action junkie because you didn't like the waste of time on that stupid plan by an irrelevant character.
Mar 4, 2014 1:53 PM
Aug 2013
I wonder how many hits would it take for killua to actually hurt youpi if he sits there with full ren on tanking those hits.
Mar 4, 2014 2:00 PM

Nov 2013
Awesome episode, Ikarugo is so cute lol.
Next episode finally, Beelzebub! :D
Thank you! :D
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 4, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
I can't help but feel a little disappointed, that was some pretty standard animation and presentation here. When i read the manga i expected the Kanmuru scene in anime to be mindblowing but now i feel dissapointed, something that doesn't happen very often in HxH. Especially when he did the whirlwind attack and it was just a still-frame artwork without animation, it made me sad. If it was as good as the "switch on" Killua scene that would be great. It wasn't bad of course just pretty normal...
PsalidokratorMar 4, 2014 2:27 PM
Mar 4, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was better than last week episode. A good. 6/10. Imo hunter x hunter takes too long to get to the good shit. Their actually more boring episodes than good ones. Too much drag out episodes.

imo hunter exam arc was 6.5/10

heavens arena 6/10

Yorknew City arc 10/10 fantastic.

green island 6/10

Chimera Ants arc 7/10 it would have been a 6/10 but when the king arrive shits got better. Granted I don't read the manga, so things may get better for this arc.
OneeyedwolfMar 4, 2014 2:19 PM
Mar 4, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode. Epic Killua is Epic... Octobro scenes were good but it was too much ad took the whole episode, if they could actually somehow blend it better or differently with more interesting scenes of more interesting characters, that would be awesome... But still it was pretty good.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

53 by Jacktwelve17 »»
2 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.