Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Yesterday, 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
New OP song is amazing imo, featuring many of the cast and those involved in this arc. Bleach really outdone themselves with their theme songs since their return.

Episode goes to show how powerful squad Zero is including Ichibē. I think they started this season premiere in a very explosive and exciting way with both him and Senjumaru. Some of the epic battle OST were also used! Truly though, we got some of the strongest characters this arc showing what they can do. Yhwach is fucking scary.
Yesterday, 7:29 AM

May 2020
Jesus christ. I’m not sure if it was part of the official broadcast, or just the advertisement to celebrate the 20th anniversary, but man, hearing Number One and seeing the bits of all those fights we had in the past… Grimmjow vs Ichigo, Aizen vs Ichigo with this NEW animation for a good one minute was fucking stunning. How much has this adaptation changed, really!

Now yeah, back when the first cour aired, I thought we’d be over with the adaptation by now, or at least the final cour must be airing, but it’s actually just the third one lol. I don’t mind at all btw, seeing Bleach airing for as long as it could is a big W in itself, plus we’re getting such polished animation as well, so yeah. Though hey, what a way to start, seeing Senjumaru’s bankai in all its glory ONCE AGAIN was chef’s kiss. I think they might have added some additional scenes too, but still, what a treat. They might have recapped a bit but that’s absolutely fine with me. Though how fast did the tables turn lol.

Yhwach’s infamous ‘Almighty’ is just… too overpowered, honestly. I get the complaints but hey, it wouldn't have been fun if he died right there as well, right? Lmao, just how fast squad zero got folded. So much from Ichibe, and still lol. Seriously, Yhwach is already with Soul king. Btw man, they went FUCKING ALL OUT with that particular segment of Ichibe. Just the kind of start we needed. FIRE premiere, and fire OP/ED. Best fucking first episode we’ve had this whole season.
Yesterday, 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
A year and some months, already breaking the promise of a cour every two seasons, AND some production issues later, and we're finally back for cour three of Bleach after so long.. and we start with a seven minute recap... lol.

Already one episode in and we're getting so very well deserved anime original content with Uryuu and Senjumaru, as if last season wasn't enough with her bankai and such. Then getting onto the main even that SHOULD'VE BEEN IN THE LAST EP, FUTEN TATSU RAIYO!!!! New gens will say he copied the domain expansion, but it's whatever. He did it first and the best, so doesn't really matter, now does it.

Didn't really last though, this is Yhwach we talking about after all. Dude one tapped dude into PIECES. Senjumaru not looking any better either lmao. Meanwhile, we got Yhwach doing the Muzana walk and walking up them stairs so MENACINGLY! Ichigo is finally here though, BOUT FUCKING TIME. And Soul King... yeah LOL.

Great return, one of the best episodes to come out of this arc. OP and ED looks good, joking, ED is a slideshow.

Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
The celebration or whatever with whole season 1 most important parts reanimated, recap of Senjumaru's Bankai and Ichibe vs Yhwach into the fight... Let's go! Uryu's shrift in usage without revealing what exactly it is nice one the conclusion of Yhwach vs Ichibei god damn, the stairs scene brruuuuuh.
And now the pain of waiting a week x(
Yesterday, 7:37 AM

May 2020
we are so back
the new op is amazing
and the art and animation is on point
cant wait for the next ep

Yesterday, 7:40 AM
Sep 2024
ABSOLUTE PEAK 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Simply the most anticipated of the season returns again and in the best possible way.
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
Jun 2023
I thought that Uryu would hold back or some shit, and he would be the same as Gin kinda
Bankai ! ! !
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

May 2023
BLEACH's 20th Anniversary Revival! And just like BLEACH, Yhwach "awakens" in among the most grandiose premieres for an anime that perfectly captures the gravitas of one of the most culturally and commercially valuable animanga IPs. I thought the feature-length opening episode for Re:Zero S3 was well done, but this is condensed artistry.

Just before the actual airing of the episode, fans were treated to a cinematic 1-minute special that recreated numerous iconic scenes from the original anime in TYBW's sleek visuals to condense and portray Ichigo's journey leading up to the Thousand Year Blood War arc from the perspective of Rukia and other characters. And Viz is intentionally being ambiguous with the promotional video, calling it a "BOLD NEW STEP FORWARD". Man, I really hope we get a remake of the 2004 anime. Are they planning a big announcement for this "20th Anniversary Project" in December during Jump Festa?

Anyway, this is a thematically perfect opening episode for BLEACH, though anyone who understands the narrative and lore/worldbuilding Kubo is weaving from these neighbouring chapters already knows this. Kubo uses subtext and symbolism to thematically execute in very powerful ways here with Yhwach and Ichibei's conflict, and it's one of the greatest embodiments of BLEACH's essence (especially aesthetically with the heavy black/white imagery) - up there with Everything But the Rain/The Blade Is Me. With the apt name "A", EP27 is a direct continuation of The Separation's finale "Black" which it recaps here in order to end on the note that it does. The very conceptual, esoteric nature of both these two's powers is also a reflection of not only the ancient and otherworldly status they possess but the existential stakes of the final arc. In the end however, even Ichibei is fodderized by the prophetic Almighty.

This new cour had an entire year of production compared to the previous cour's 6 months whilst shifting to the new internal studio Pierrot Films, which we seem to be seeing the fruits of the staff's labor of love here. It goes without saying that directing and storyboards (especially because of the invaluable anime-original content and in particular from this cour forward which we are already seeing much more of), compositing, art direction and sound design are state-of-the-art as they always have been, but this is probably one of the best animated episodes so far. BLEACH TYBW is also one of the few anime now that utilizes CGI to actually elevate scenes. Ichibei's Futen Taisatsuryo looked amazing and standard animation couldn't have replicated that heavy feeling.

And of course, amazing OP. The visuals exceed anything before it; it's my favorite OP in TYBW so far and probably one of my favorites from the series in general.

Anime of the Season? Nah, Anime of the Year is back.

Edit: Just found out that Yhwach activated his Almighty on the 9th minute. Yeah, that recap was more than justified. Well played, Kubo.
TheBladeIsMe4 hours ago
Yesterday, 8:00 AM
May 2017
BLEACH IS BACK WAHOO
Yesterday, 8:03 AM
Nov 2022
Everything about this episode was perfect, from the Futen Taisatsuryo reveal to the Almighty and Uryu's Antithesis... nooo Senjumaru :C
10/10 show of the year
Yesterday, 8:13 AM

Mar 2016
I can't believe it's been over a year since the last season of Bleach! We left off on a pretty massive high with Senjumaru’s bankai and now we're back!🔥😭🔥😭🔥

First and foremost, the OP... I love the visuals in this new OP, the predominantly monochromatic visuals of the OP contrasted with the brilliantly vibrant highlights and light effects made the images appear more 'alive' it's cool is all I want to say. I felt massive goosebumps seeing Ichigo initiating getsuga jujisho! It's always epic to see him calmly slicing a horizontal line before smashing it down with a powerful vertical cleave, phenomenal OP for peak Bleach content!

A standing ovation for Bleach's 20th anniversary, what a fitting point to have this season be released on!
The first ep is partly recaps, but seeing Yhwach's THE ALMIGHTY schrift is a fittingly broken ability that the King of Quincy should have, or else he would've gotten erased from existence by Ichibe from the previous season, or potentially be utterly evaporated by Ichigo's enhance getsuga tensho, though we haven't seen use it as much just yet.

I'm elated with hype

Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Feb 2011
The GOAT of shonen is back and it was absolute peak but the question is: was there ever any doubt ?

Protect the Soul King, Ichigo.
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Apr 2024
THIS SHIT IS SO FIRE that I even watched the recap. AOTY right here
Yesterday, 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
they change the fate of ichibei then he is alive in the anime

and there it is the soul king is the father of yhwach
Yesterday, 8:37 AM
Feb 2021
Peak is back, stronger than ever, fuck all the new gen mid stuff
Yesterday, 8:38 AM
Jun 2020
Can't wait for the Yhwach and Soul King backstory.
Yesterday, 8:38 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to deg
they change the fate of ichibei then he is alive in the anime

and there it is the soul king is the father of yhwach
@deg he was alive also originally, but it was mentioned in the novel. Every Zero Squad member is alive, cause they are all linked together, as long as one is alive the others can revive too
Yesterday, 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to TheRealRouges
@deg he was alive also originally, but it was mentioned in the novel. Every Zero Squad member is alive, cause they are all linked together, as long as one is alive the others can revive too
@TheRealRouges i do not know there is a light novel so good that they change the anime to follow the light novel then
Yesterday, 8:55 AM
Feb 2020
What an Amazing Episode!! Can’t wait for next week to come as soon as possible so that I can watch the next one. HYPE
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

Jan 2017
Incredible first episode. Let down that the first 7 mins were recap but obviously that was so the episode could end where it did. The scene of Yhwach climbing the steps with the bells echoing every footstep was beautiful, and I can't wait for the ost for that scene to be released.
Yesterday, 8:57 AM

Feb 2020
THIS OPENING IS SO BEAUTIFUL

THE FATHER OF SHOUNENS IS BACK
Yesterday, 8:58 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... Squad Zero is done for. This time for actually and it's not just another illusion. And, Yhwach is finally moving toward the Soul King after all that massacre they caused against Squad Zero. The new OP and ED are amazing. Loved them.

But, Ichibe's here again after Ichigo landed him some of his powers but he won't be able to do much against Yhwach from here on out. So, now everything's up to our Hero, Ichigo Kurosaki. Can't wait for more.
Yesterday, 8:59 AM
Jul 2023
Cinema! the event built up is ever so hype inducing, and it would be Bleach without some sillyness.
Yesterday, 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to deg
@TheRealRouges i do not know there is a light novel so good that they change the anime to follow the light novel then
@deg they will probably also adapt the light novel after the TYBW ends, it's basically an entire new arc that takes place immediately after the end of the War, some events have being teased already in the second cour
Yesterday, 9:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gee, and we're already off to some start! Soul King = Father of Ywhach? Wot's this about.

Squad 0 wiped out, it felt like we'd seen that a couple of times already but I suppose this is the final push from Ywhach and co., lol. I'm surprised Hyosube Ichibe-san is still alive though, that's a plus. Can't come back to action though which means Ichigo's literally the only pawn left, and we've still got about 2 cours worth of content remaining. I wonder what's to come...

Very cool Op & ED. The former in particular is loaded with the visuals too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Yesterday, 9:01 AM
Jan 2021
couldve shortened the recap but everthing else was just insane
Yesterday, 9:01 AM
Jun 2022
absolutely peak 🤌
Yesterday, 9:08 AM

Jan 2019
Now people know where Sukuna's domain expansion came from...

Yesterday, 9:09 AM

Oct 2017
Back with the third cour and damn squad zero already gone.
Yesterday, 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
I read about people's experiences with the pre-screening so I already knew some of what this episode held. I'll start with the bad and then go to the good.

The bad

1) Half this episode was half of season 2's last episode, which, idk, sucks? I waited a long time and got half an episode lol. I heard a rumor that there will be an extra episode this cour (14 episodes instead of 13). If that's true, then I'm fine with only getting half an episode; otherwise, this is annoying because 52 episodes was already not enough for the amount of chapters it was adapting -- on top of which, the cour needs expanding on.

2) Ichibe's little dance was dumb. Sorry, it didn't slap for me.

3) Senjumaru's death was lame. There was no impact. She is a royal guard and got one shot by one of Uryu's arrows. I know Uryu is supposed to be stronger than he has been in the past, but I didn't feel that here. The arrow was the same dinky little one he's been shooting since the beginning of the series.

The good

1) The opening slaps hard. It looks really, really good. I hope this is a sign that this season will be higher quality.

2) The art, animation, and music were all really good. Speaking of art, Ichigo looked REALLY good when he was speaking with Ichibe. His face looked particularly handsome.

3) The CGI w/ futen looks amazing.

I'll give the episode a 6/10 only because of the runtime. I'm not a fan of cutting half the episode like this with last episode's 2nd half. I'm sure the season will get better as it treads on.

Yesterday, 9:11 AM

Jul 2011
I kinda hate and love Bleach. The episode feel that just began but is already over.

Ichibei lost because he got "Joseph Joestar'ed".

Even knowing Senjumaru was going to lose, I'm still sad.

Aizen!Aizen!
Yesterday, 9:11 AM
Aug 2016
Really good episode but I have one question. How was Ishida able to overpower Senjumaru? Is it because he got buffed up from Auswahlen that Yhwach used in the previous cour?
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
Oh are we back? We are so fucking back baby. And for this to premiere on the 20th anniversary, down to the exact day, of the original anime is just poetic.

Tbh I would normally have an issue with nearly half the episode being a recap of what we already saw at the end of the previous cour, but seeing what Ichibe and Senjumaru are really capable of was so fire that I didn't mind this time around. But obviously Yhwach isn't going to die in the first episode of cour 3 lol, and he quickly turned the tides of the battle. The visuals of this episode went CRAZY, from Yhwach's eyes to Ichibe's Futen. With cour 1 airing in Fall 2022 and cour 2 airing in Summer 2023, I thought this cour would come out in Spring 2024, but that extra 6 months did so many favors for the production team. This was beautiful man I'm so happy TYBW is getting so much love for its adaptation. We're gonna be FEASTING for the next few months.

The OP is awesome, definitely much better than last cour's. The visuals in that are amazing too, just a fantastic premiere all around and a great way to come back.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Oct 2009
Reply to neffst3r
Now people know where Sukuna's domain expansion came from...

@neffst3r This type of imagery is super common in Japan but yea Greg was heavily inspired by Bleach

Yesterday, 9:14 AM
May 2021
Peak 🔥🔥, Movie Quality Animation + Ywach Almighty debut + Squad 0 rip lmao (Ichimonji lucky to survive lmao) + Aizen help incoming + Soul king rip, so many things from start, this season gonna be a banger. All Manga Readers are hyped up boi!
Yesterday, 9:15 AM

Jan 2019
There is a post-credit scene and it's important. Make sure you don't stop the episode before that, guys.

neffst3rYesterday, 11:01 AM
Yesterday, 9:17 AM

Feb 2017
i know that this shii is so peak when i came back to watching anime again hoooly

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Yesterday, 9:19 AM

Oct 2023
Every minute was fire icl, dis takin priority over all other shows dropping on Saturdays
Yesterday, 9:20 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to Koustubh
Really good episode but I have one question. How was Ishida able to overpower Senjumaru? Is it because he got buffed up from Auswahlen that Yhwach used in the previous cour?
@Koustubh without spoiling too much, its because of his schrift
Yesterday, 9:22 AM

May 2023
PEAK IS BACK BABY LESS GOO
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
Jul 2015
We're so fucking back
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing opening, great ending, fantastic additional content with Uryuu vs Senjumaru, incredible animation & visuals...overall episode is absolutely phenomenal, big shame about the unnecesary 7 minutes recap at the beginning, 1/3 of the episode wasted feels awful and it's now obvious the production team had issues with Cour 2. [A] should've been the final episode of that season and we are paying the price for it here.

Regardless, the new content that is there is 10/10, so I would give it a 9/10 overall for the first episode.

Props to Kubo and the anime staff for fixing a lot of the bad things about the manga so far: Zero Squad are no longer frauds, Uryu's betrayal no longer feels halfcooked (he killed a Royal Guard member now) and is now possibly Top 10 in the verse now because of Antithesis (which is absolutely busted)

Hopefully they improve the bad stuff from this Cour 3 and especially the last one. They have delivered a better experience than the manga so far.
Yesterday, 9:25 AM
Dec 2022
The Almighty is here
Yesterday, 9:25 AM

Nov 2020
Looks like a movie, fantastic animation and music.
This season is awesome with Bleach, Kenshin and Blue Box.
Yesterday, 9:29 AM
May 2021
We r so back!! Bleach fans eating good
Yesterday, 9:31 AM
Oct 2021
Animation - 10/10
Music - 10/10
Plot so far - 9/10
Bias - 10/10
Yesterday, 9:32 AM

May 2024
Hmm, don't know what to make of the episode. It really did feel like a terrible place to end the last cour. Everything that happened aside from the first 7 minutes being entirely recap, felt abrupt. Would've probably been better if I had rewatched the 2nd cour beforehand.

Anyways, the production value is still great. Although I'm hoping for certain upcoming fights to look more polished.
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

Oct 2020
Ichibe is one scary Soul Reaper, Yhwach's 'The Almighty' is very scary power indeed.
Yesterday, 9:42 AM

Jan 2022
Mannnnnnn when treachery playedddddd........I had goosebumps all over.
Yesterday, 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
It was speak, It was Pure Cinema
Animation was on point
The Camera Work
The Background Sound
All are perfect
10/10. No Drama
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» About simping for the shinigamis...

RyogiSHIKI7 - 6 hours ago

6 by SoulessAnime »»
57 minutes ago

» Bleach fans are feasting 👌

Koustubh - Yesterday

21 by Koustubh »»
1 hour ago

» Kubo. I wasn't familiar with your game

18927 - 12 hours ago

6 by TheBladeIsMe »»
4 hours ago

» So what exactly is Ichibei's (SPOILER)? Need some clarification

Koustubh - 5 hours ago

3 by TheBladeIsMe »»
4 hours ago

» 20th Anniversary Special PV

ARK-13 - Yesterday

14 by TheBladeIsMe »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.