Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting, they saved the episode for Takuma's parents for last. More interestingly, they also see Mina as his wife.

Despite everything that happened throughout this entire show, it looks like Takuma is sticking to his word as her partner. Truly though, Takuma trusts Mina like a real person even in the season finale. Not that surprising imo but still delightful to see. It's their relationship that worked throughout this entire show even with all the obstacles.
Sep 14, 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Mamoru easily impresses Takuma's parents, even by mimicking his young laughter giggle. But asking their son to hand over Mina's ownership to his mother, it just feels all wrong being creepy, but she's just an appliance to her eyes, which is not family property. Even going to talk with Mina, she doesn't recommend the transfer of ownership since she's only programmed to one person, not two or more, and that's where her job lies enough for Takuma to feel the same. Instead, having a daisy-chain family ownership is for the best, as much as Takuma regrets that he can't find a human partner for his parents' expectations, and I'm relieved to see his father understanding his own son's worries and being supportive about him and Mina. Even Akari couldn't digest as soon as she made it home, after hearing about Mina (and especially Mamoru) from her brother, and not expecting him to be the kiddy, cutesy robot having his own program that's based on Mina.

As much as the family is sad to send her son, Mina and Mamoru back home, she bought herself a Mimamorius 3 monitoring robot which she names it John, which gives her advisory things like sleep and body health...and nothing more, which is nothing like the personalized Mamoru. In the meantime, the human-robot family moving into a new, bigger apartment, seeing Mamoru have fun roaming around the maze of cardboard boxes puts a smile on my face. At least, the trio are now a bigger, happy family with Mina calling Takuma "Darling" instead of his name by learning affection from his parents, showing how far they've come, but sticking to Takuma is not just by habit, but better as well, as they start a new life together.

I'm legitly surprised that this show is actually good, given its rather niche topic of humans and robots living together under one roof.
KANLen09Sep 14, 8:24 AM
Sep 14, 8:20 AM

Feb 2019
Very sad to see this one end 😢 wasn’t the best romance ever but I loved it for what it was and Mina’s development was a joy to watch. Takuma started off creepy, but I warmed up to him as the show went on.

Really sweet finale, but I don’t really get what Takuma mom was on about. It would be just as weird for your mom to own your wife as it would be for you to lol. I’m glad Mina stood up to her and straight up said she wants to stay Takuma’s. Seeing her become much more assertive as the series went on was one of my fave parts.

Akari was a lot of us today, damn near passing out from how cute Takuma and Mina new family is. “My heart is too full, I have heartburn” 😂real.

The look on Takuma mom face when the Mamoru she ordered didn’t sound like the shota/baby voice that our Mamoru has lmao. Hers is a lot sassier too.

Really a perfect ending to wrap up the season. We get them officially married and they got a new house, with everyone’s names on the address label. Doesn’t get more official than that. Congrats to Takuma and Mina for becoming a true married couple and overcoming the odds. Mina even accepts Mamoru in their bed now like a true mom lol.
Marinate1016Sep 14, 8:50 AM
Sep 14, 8:42 AM

Mar 2021
Very nice and sweet ending to a wonderful show. Am so happy to see that Takuma's Parents accepted Mina and Mamoru as Takuma's Wife and son. This show never stopped being so cute and wholesome and was such a joy to watch.
Sep 14, 8:45 AM
Dec 2021
they are so lovely together <3 i loved this series. It was a pleasure to spend time to watch this series with you
Sep 14, 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
It started off a little weird in the beginning of the series but as the episode went along it was nice to see them come together as a Family.
I gotta be honest when Mamoru rolled into bed and Mina hugged him...I kinda teared up. Goes to show her emotions are developing.

A Nice series overall 7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 14, 9:12 AM

Dec 2022
Okay, Raphtalia.

My Wife Has no Emotions is a difficult series to judge objectively. Its value lies primarily in its cultural significance. We're not far off from having fully functional waifu robots, and one can easily predict the direction society is headed once enough people have the means to acquire them. Imagine, an entire generation of Takumas.

It's easy to get wrapped up in the technology and forget that this anime is in fact intended to be a feel-good story about the most sacred union between man and toaster. There were definitely opportunities for a much deeper story that I was disappointed they didn't take.

While most of my enjoyment of this anime may have been derived from cringing over the delusional loser MC or applying the robot situations to real life, the fact does remain that I did get some enjoyment out of this series. It's not good, but not repulsive. Natural 6.

Overall Character Power Rankings!

+2 Tier: Uncle, Otani
+1 Tier: Mom, Dad, Senju-chan
0 Tier: Mina, Super Mina, Rihito, Akari, Employee
-1 Tier: Mamoru
-2 Tier: Takuma
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Sep 14, 9:12 AM
Jan 2024
I loved this series from start to finish. Each episode was enjoyable, and I love the ending of this last episode. No cliffhangers or unfinished anything, just a bright outlook of the future with his family and friends.
Sep 14, 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
I laugh when Emi order a mini robot that turn out to be just a normal robot.

As of now, this anime doesn't have much value, but in a far future when human co-exist with humanoid robot, it might be in a discussion of how media from the past depict the relationship between human and robot, don't know if I'll live long enough to see that future myself.
Sep 14, 9:55 AM
Apr 2013
EP 12

Its ep 12
Last time we ended off somewhat weirdly
Is akari actually going to show up for the last ep

Its too bad super mina couldnt show up
Of course i say that and uhh

So yeah, kind of a quiet episode. lots of talking at the start. akari showed up for a leetle bit.
New house in ep 12

And uh thats it really

Not much for me to say

Kinda the anime as a whole. ep 3 and 4 were really bombastic with akari and super mina, the other eps, not so much

Akari is...aoyama yoshino? Huh. It's too bad that she only showed up for like 2 eps, even if
Mamoru is...wakai yuki? curious. Although mamoru is
I didnt recognize asahina madoka for sure, and she usually has one of the most distinctive voices...
CocoaGalaxySep 14, 9:58 AM
Sep 14, 10:58 AM
May 2022
The dad’s monologue about people having children because they want them in the end made me bump this up to a 4.

The existence of the fetishist sister and the terribly kitchen layout in the new house (seriously so impractical) makes me put it back down to a 3.
Sep 14, 10:59 AM
May 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Very sad to see this one end 😢 wasn’t the best romance ever but I loved it for what it was and Mina’s development was a joy to watch. Takuma started off creepy, but I warmed up to him as the show went on.

Really sweet finale, but I don’t really get what Takuma mom was on about. It would be just as weird for your mom to own your wife as it would be for you to lol. I’m glad Mina stood up to her and straight up said she wants to stay Takuma’s. Seeing her become much more assertive as the series went on was one of my fave parts.

Akari was a lot of us today, damn near passing out from how cute Takuma and Mina new family is. “My heart is too full, I have heartburn” 😂real.

The look on Takuma mom face when the Mamoru she ordered didn’t sound like the shota/baby voice that our Mamoru has lmao. Hers is a lot sassier too.

Really a perfect ending to wrap up the season. We get them officially married and they got a new house, with everyone’s names on the address label. Doesn’t get more official than that. Congrats to Takuma and Mina for becoming a true married couple and overcoming the odds. Mina even accepts Mamoru in their bed now like a true mom lol.

Seriously though,

“It’s weird for you to ‘own’ your wife, you should be like siblings instead”
Sep 14, 11:02 AM

May 2019
While the finale did not have a big swerve or any big surprises it did at least have some closure in regards to how his parents would feel and they accepted Takuma's situation although I didn't quite get Takuma's mom's feeling that Takuma being the owner was creepy but Mina wasn't having any of that. A part I found amusing was where Takuma's mom ordered the same type of robot as Mamoru but hers ended up being a more generic type with a deep voice.

This series as a whole was ok but I felt it lacked something, I think there was a feeling that something dreadful was going to happen that didn't come. Regarding the character designs, I thought they were ok but Takuma's "snake eyes" was off-putting, and I didn't care much for Mina's bland look as the super Mina was more interesting to watch. The animation was ok and the storyline was a little bland. I have no idea if there will be any sort of follow-up to this as it ended on a "happily ever after" note with all 3 of them moving into a larger home.

6/10
Sep 14, 11:09 AM

Jan 2018
How come every time someone hears the story of Mamoru they immediately conclude it's Mina's child? That's definitely not the first conclusion I'd reach if someone explained Mamoru to me. But here people act like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Pretty weird. I'd probably just write it off as a defective model at best. What I really don't get is how the heck the robot inherited his "father's" laughter from his childhood. It seems more like a huge coincidence.

If I was Emi, I'd feel scammed for getting that Mimamorius lol. Definitely not the cute robot she was expecting. This John-kun is similar to what I thought this robot was going to be like when I saw it in the OP and EDs. Glad it's not. Tho I'm not sure how I feel about the actual Mamoru either. He's definitely cute and way better than I initially expected, but sometimes he feels more like an alien than a robot child, especially because of that weird laugh.

So in the end, Emi became Mina's second owner. She did have a good point about Takuma "owning" his "wife" like a slave. So, it was good that they could reach a compromise since Mina seemed weirdly hesitant about transferring ownership from Takuma. I get pissed when my Windows tries giving me shit about what to do with my own computer, not sure what I'd do if a robot did that. Stuff like this feels like it should be streamlined.

Wow. Takuma, Mina, and Mamoru moved into a new house by the end. That's pretty cool. The ending was happier than I was expecting.

This was a pretty unique anime that exceeded my expectations in some ways. I enjoyed watching it. I wouldn't mind watching another season or two of this. But this seems like the type of show that never gets another season. If that's the case then I'm fine with it. The ending of this episode felt surprisingly complete. And I heard some negative things about the manga losing focus after some chapters which is disappointing. Anyway, if they make a season 2 I'll probably watch it.
Sep 14, 11:25 AM
Feb 2022
Despite its somewhat slow moving pace, I ended up really liking this show. I’m glad it didn’t overly sexualize things (like they did back with CHOBITS),but actually focused on some of the issues that may likely arise as technology pushes us closer into this kind of territory. There have already been more than a few cases of people marrying Virtual Idols and Real Dolls and such, and it was interesting to see how this show approached the issue without stigmatizing the main character, but also recognizing that his relationship wasn’t exactly ‘normal’.

Looks like the series covers the first 4 manga volumes. Volume 7 is due to drop this month in North America, and Volume 8 in Japan, so hopefully this show does well enough that they will crank out a season 2 sooner rather than later.
Sep 14, 11:49 AM

Jan 2022
Thank God it's over. This was weird, cringe and depressing. Not in a good way. . .
Sep 14, 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
My 287th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Sep 14, 12:35 PM
Aug 2024
It was a very good final episode
Sep 14, 1:30 PM
May 2017
Excellent ending episode of an excellent series, which story I see as an exercise on Futurology.

I believe I will be long dead when the story comes into reality, but Mina is waiting for the Mankind in the future.

For who does not believe, I recommend reading Jules Verne's 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas', first published in 1870.
leonardobarbaSep 14, 4:19 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 14, 1:49 PM
Oct 2022
Well this series was a ride. At least it stayed consistent. Consistently cute but creepy. Her wanting to be owned and him wanting to own her was on brand. Rest of his family sees it but decides to be polite and let him revel in his weirdness.
Sep 14, 1:56 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to 0451
How come every time someone hears the story of Mamoru they immediately conclude it's Mina's child? That's definitely not the first conclusion I'd reach if someone explained Mamoru to me. But here people act like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Pretty weird. I'd probably just write it off as a defective model at best. What I really don't get is how the heck the robot inherited his "father's" laughter from his childhood. It seems more like a huge coincidence.

If I was Emi, I'd feel scammed for getting that Mimamorius lol. Definitely not the cute robot she was expecting. This John-kun is similar to what I thought this robot was going to be like when I saw it in the OP and EDs. Glad it's not. Tho I'm not sure how I feel about the actual Mamoru either. He's definitely cute and way better than I initially expected, but sometimes he feels more like an alien than a robot child, especially because of that weird laugh.

So in the end, Emi became Mina's second owner. She did have a good point about Takuma "owning" his "wife" like a slave. So, it was good that they could reach a compromise since Mina seemed weirdly hesitant about transferring ownership from Takuma. I get pissed when my Windows tries giving me shit about what to do with my own computer, not sure what I'd do if a robot did that. Stuff like this feels like it should be streamlined.

Wow. Takuma, Mina, and Mamoru moved into a new house by the end. That's pretty cool. The ending was happier than I was expecting.

This was a pretty unique anime that exceeded my expectations in some ways. I enjoyed watching it. I wouldn't mind watching another season or two of this. But this seems like the type of show that never gets another season. If that's the case then I'm fine with it. The ending of this episode felt surprisingly complete. And I heard some negative things about the manga losing focus after some chapters which is disappointing. Anyway, if they make a season 2 I'll probably watch it.
0451 said:
How come every time someone hears the story of Mamoru they immediately conclude it's Mina's child? That's definitely not the first conclusion I'd reach if someone explained Mamoru to me.

Haha! If the discussion weren't already family-oriented, I could see your point. I'd wonder if it weren't a dangerous virus that needed to be immediately quarantined.

Anyway, the ending montage was a nice touch. The anime started out pretty creepy and ended up mostly retarded, but at least it was interesting. We need a poll on the best Mina fashion.
Sep 14, 2:08 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good adaptation of the manga up to this point. Doubt there will be S2 as the majority of the manga is really bad after this. (it's back on track now but there's not much to salvage lol)
Sep 14, 2:12 PM

Dec 2021
If this anime got a second season, I'd happily watch it. This was a refreshingly cute and wholesome anime. Fuckin' Mamoru, especially! ❤️

Though... it's too bad that John is just a standard Mimamorius-kun No. 3. Either Mina or Super Mina really needs to "corrupt" him.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Sep 14, 2:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A bit surprised by the amount of hate this one is getting, I thought all of that was gone after the first few weeks but I guess some of those folks stuck around, eh it is what it is, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure as they say, because this was hands down one of my favorite shows this season, it was such a delight to watch on Saturday evenings and chill out to. The finale itself was a nice one too, Takuma may not have fully convinced his parents but he at least made an impression with Mamoru, and then there was Mina and Takuma’s opposition to making Takuma’s mom the “owner” of Mina, yeah I could see that backfiring the moment it was brought up so I’m glad they found a better alternative like making Emi the secondary owner. I also really liked the bit with Takuma’s dad, I like how chill he was, he had some good things to say about having a kid.

And lol, had a feeling Emi wasn’t going to get what she wanted when she bought a robot like Mamoru, it was a funny bit but maybe now she’ll see how special Mamoru is, I think she already got the idea from his laugh. And damn, although I’m happy to see Takuma is moving into a house with his family, I’m kinda sad the show is ending with this development because now I wanna see what antics go down there instead of the tiny apartment they resided in for the whole show, oh well, it was very nice to see at least. And of course Mina would decide to keep calling Takuma “Takuma-sama”, it just fits too well at this point, her saying darling made me excited but I get why she’d go with the tried and true. And I also loved that Mina let Mamoru in the bed before the credits rolled, the bit was funny before but this is a nice and wholesome way for things to turn out, I’m glad she’s seeing him as family now.

And that was the cute robot wife show, this one really hit the SoL and romance spots for me, some folks here wish the story would have taken a more serious turn but if you ask me I think it’s great without going that direction, the serious stuff we did get was interesting like the way robots work in this world and Mina’s backstory, but I liked this show most when it was relaxing and heartwarming. And it also sounds like some folks never did warm up to Takuma, I will admit he was a bit rough in episode 1 but after that he got a lot better and I started to really like him, the moments between him and Mina were a great mix of romantic and hilarious. I also enjoyed the side characters of the show, Super Mina and Akari were especially fun, and although we didn’t get many moments with them, I also liked Takuma‘s coworker and uncle. This show’s OP and ED were among my favorites this season too, really loved both of them, that ED got me feeling feelings after each episode ended lol.

I know these shows don’t usually get 2nd Seasons but I’m absolutely down for more of this, it was so much fun, might have to check out the manga in the future for this one.
TheColonel76Sep 14, 2:46 PM
Sep 14, 3:16 PM

Aug 2022
Well this was a nice show. Personally I prefer how ATRI handled the whole robot thing. Mina finally letting Mamoru in the bed was the best character development ever
Sep 14, 3:36 PM

Nov 2013
This was a decent final episode. Too bad the smiling Mina from ED didn't happen. I'm actually gonna resume reading manga of this (only red few chapters). Curious where the story will go.

Takuma's dad was so nice when Takuma started apologizing about not bringing a human wife.

Attitude of parents towards robot clearly changed.

We also see why not every robot is as special as Mamoru and Mina. I can feel the mom's pain and disappointment with her own "Mamoru".

Mina has grown considerably during those 12 episodes. Finally she genuinely cares about Mamoru too. He's her "child" after all.

Overall this was fun to watch.
Sep 14, 4:26 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
This was a decent final episode. Too bad the smiling Mina from ED didn't happen. I'm actually gonna resume reading manga of this (only red few chapters). Curious where the story will go.

Takuma's dad was so nice when Takuma started apologizing about not bringing a human wife.

Attitude of parents towards robot clearly changed.

We also see why not every robot is as special as Mamoru and Mina. I can feel the mom's pain and disappointment with her own "Mamoru".

Mina has grown considerably during those 12 episodes. Finally she genuinely cares about Mamoru too. He's her "child" after all.

Overall this was fun to watch.
@Sigmar-Unberogen The anime basically stops at the good part of the manga. Everything past here is, much like happened with Yofukashi no Uta, disappointing, at best. The author basically ran out of ideas and started throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. That said, we do get The Smuggest Tilt out of it, so I'd say it balances out.
Sep 14, 5:15 PM
Jul 2022
Very good show, Really enjoyed it, a second season would be nice, but not expected.

7/10
Sep 14, 5:45 PM

Jul 2022
It's always tough to handle moments like this. I didn’t think I’d grow so attached to this anime, but I loved every episode. I have to admit, things really picked up when Mamoru joined the cast it brought a noticeable improvement to the episodes. It was heartwarming to see Takuma’s parents accept Mina as his wife without caring that she’s a robot. The series was really entertaining, though Takuma’s attitude bothered me a bit at times. If there’s a second season, I hope we get to see the smiling Mina from the ending credits.
Sep 14, 5:52 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this anime, it's a shame, it looks like there won't be a sequel
Sep 14, 6:24 PM
Dec 2021
great anime, enjoyed it a lot.
Sep 14, 6:43 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to KANLen09
Mamoru easily impresses Takuma's parents, even by mimicking his young laughter giggle. But asking their son to hand over Mina's ownership to his mother, it just feels all wrong being creepy, but she's just an appliance to her eyes, which is not family property. Even going to talk with Mina, she doesn't recommend the transfer of ownership since she's only programmed to one person, not two or more, and that's where her job lies enough for Takuma to feel the same. Instead, having a daisy-chain family ownership is for the best, as much as Takuma regrets that he can't find a human partner for his parents' expectations, and I'm relieved to see his father understanding his own son's worries and being supportive about him and Mina. Even Akari couldn't digest as soon as she made it home, after hearing about Mina (and especially Mamoru) from her brother, and not expecting him to be the kiddy, cutesy robot having his own program that's based on Mina.

As much as the family is sad to send her son, Mina and Mamoru back home, she bought herself a Mimamorius 3 monitoring robot which she names it John, which gives her advisory things like sleep and body health...and nothing more, which is nothing like the personalized Mamoru. In the meantime, the human-robot family moving into a new, bigger apartment, seeing Mamoru have fun roaming around the maze of cardboard boxes puts a smile on my face. At least, the trio are now a bigger, happy family with Mina calling Takuma "Darling" instead of his name by learning affection from his parents, showing how far they've come, but sticking to Takuma is not just by habit, but better as well, as they start a new life together.

I'm legitly surprised that this show is actually good, given its rather niche topic of humans and robots living together under one roof.
@KANLen09 I think the mother want to change the ownership, because she care about mina as an individual, because "you not own your wife or your wife is not a property"
Sep 14, 6:44 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to kitoha
they are so lovely together <3 i loved this series. It was a pleasure to spend time to watch this series with you
@kitoha I don't know why this picture remind me of that japanese guy who married hatsune miku
Sep 14, 6:49 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to 0451

@0451 in the end takuma still prefer to be address "takuma-sama" which kinda like slave and the owner than darling/honey
Sep 14, 7:27 PM
Aug 2024
Given the rise and relevance of AI coming into the world at this time, I felt this show was coming into being at a very interesting point in history. I tried to watch another anime about AI around 3 seasons ago... but couldn't get into it, so this one seemed like a chance to revisit similar ideas.

Granted, this isn't the first anime about a human male falling in love with an artificial being/robot/android (Chobits, anyone?), and chances are, it won't be the last. But it was fascinating to see Mina develop over the run, as she had moments of autonomy and independence that could be interpreted as human. Perhaps that's the idea; maybe she was becoming more "human" as time went on.

Anyway, here's my thoughts on this episode:

After how things were last episode, it was good to see the parents at least warm up to Mamoru; kind of ironic how they saw Mina as an appliance but Mamoru as "pretty cute" like they were interacting with a pet or small child

Was a bit surprised when the mom suggested the ownership thing... but to be fair she actually made some valid points and did touch upon some interesting ideas from a philosophical/ethical perspective. And yet, to see Mina be fine with things as they are, one could argue that she is not seeing the act as "ownership" in the traditional sense... perhaps its her way of showing loyalty to Takuma? Who knows, its hard to say

Am I crazy or does it feel like Mamoru's "Call an ambulance?" reaction to everything is basically this series running gag?

The mom buying her own "Mamoru"... honestly, I should've realized her saying that she wanted one was a "loading Chekhov's gun" moment... though I should've seen what ended up happening coming a mile away, lol

Another lol moment- Mamoru getting lost in the maze reminded of a certain red blood cell from another series; at least Mamoru was clever enough to try climbing, definitely didn't see that coming

And then again with Mina trying out the assorted names for Takuma; seems they're eager to give us a good laugh before sending off this series. Including the shocking twist of... Mina not sending Mamoru rolling away when he sneaks into bed with them

Well, the fact that the title card at the end quite clearly said "END" makes it clear there won't be a season 2 unfortunately... which is a shame because the source material seemed to have much more, and quite interesting story to tell (Which, out of respect for the rules, I won't bring up here)

Overall this was an enjoyable watch and I was pleasantly surprised; didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Not a masterpiece I concede, but the story was enjoyable and I'm glad I picked up the series. I only am sad that we won't get another season, because of what I explained above.

Overall, a good conclusion to the story we got; that's one more title wrapped up from Summer 2024

Sep 14, 8:47 PM

Sep 2016
Takuma's mom getting her own Mamoru created robot and being dissatisfied with its more serious demeanor was pretty funny.
Sep 15, 12:21 AM

Jun 2020
This was a decent slice of life anime with familial theme.
Sep 15, 3:45 AM

Aug 2017
0451 said:
I usually recommend that people continue reading the manga if they liked the anime. A lot of animes end right there, before the manga gets really good ("Oroka na Tenshi wa Akuma to Odoru" in the winter season this year felt more like a kind of pre-story before the plot and action really started) - with "Boku no tsuma wa kanjou ga nai" the exact opposite is the case.

It feels like the author went on vacation and left some random interns in, because the upcoming manga chapters feel like they have nothing - or very little - to do with the real main story. For those who still want to put themselves through the whole thing,

Keywords:

Every now and then an interesting chapter comes along, such as the one in which

The latest chapters (from 50 onwards) are back to their old strength - it almost seems as if the author is back from vacation. :D
So I would recommend anyone who wants to know what happens next to try to fight their way through chapters 25 to 49 and then see what happens from chapter 50 onwards. The latest chapter is number 53, so we don't know ourselves whether 50 - 53 were just a lucky hit or whether it continues at the same high level.

As much as I would like to see Takuma and Mina-chan and Mamorou on screen again, I also think that a second season would do them no favors, because it would only make the already not particularly popular anime even more negative. The only solution would be to skip some of the crappy chapters 25 - 49 (especially the aforementioned
arc), but then they wouldn't have enough source material and would have to resort to original content. So it's a double-edged sword.

I really enjoyed the anime series itself. AI is on everyone's lips at the moment and so it's only a matter of time before it's addressed in anime. Robots are already being planned for the care sector, so that people there have someone to talk to. Then I recently saw a documentary about single people who talk to virtual holograms of AI women on the screen - that, and robots as romantic partners, are perhaps not so far away.

What I also liked was that we had a classic Seinen with an adult cast - something different than just school. (even if the anime can't do without schoolgirls completely). Mina-Chan always had something fascinating about her with her calculating, austere, but also occasionally emotionally flashing manner and I have to say that as a viewer I always saw her less as a machine and more as a woman in a machine body. This is mainly due to the good pacing. In the first episode everything took place in Takuma's apartment, it was a dark, rainy day, the whole thing was almost like a chamber play and something oppressive about it. As time went on, the weather (and the anime) cleared up and it became more cheerful, people no longer saw Mina as the metallic thing, but as an equal partner to Takuma. I thought all of this was very well done.

Mamorou. Well, some found him annoying, I just found him cute ("Aiiiiiii"). The three of them are just a sweet, unusual, but unique family.

All in all, a very cool anime. I give it 8/10 stars. But given the source material, you probably don't want to see a second season.
lumjulianSep 15, 3:51 AM
Sep 15, 3:31 PM

Mar 2010
Fantastic fucking robot anime.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 15, 8:41 PM

Jul 2016
I started watching it thinking that it would be similar to Chobits, and although they have certain similarities, each one stands out for very different aspects.

Wholesome and funny.☺️
Sep 15, 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
Finally!!
One of the trash anime got completed 😑

Married with an AI or robot isn't a normal, N i know people on that side of the world are doing it..

It just.. This kind of things won't sell..
Nobody r happy about it..
It is an error in the society..
This one of the matrix trick (if u know what I mean)..

Sep 15, 10:20 PM

Nov 2023
It's decent, but never really went beyond that threshold. The first two episodes were weird, but after getting used to it, it was cute. However, I'm not a fan of Mamoru.

I heard the manga fell off after this point so I probably won't read it. If there's a S2, I might watch it.
Sep 15, 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
That was a pretty nice ending. The show overall was pretty enjoyable. I honestly could have done without Mamoru even though sometimes he is cute since he is a bit annoying and just doesnt quite really feel like their child even though I liked the concept of spreading data and considering that like a child since i get it but calling him Mina's child closes off any possibility of Mina's programming spreading to all the robots otherwise we'd have to think of them as all her children.

Was nice seeing the parents be sort of confused yet put at ease by Mamoru seemingly oddly human like Takuma.

RIP Akari lol

The mom was so disappointed with that little robot. I expect John-kun could wind up as a return item. Lol

You would think at least one of Takuma's coworkers would bully him over his robo wife.

Marinate1016 said:

The mother was reflecting same thought as the uncle how robots lack their own legal rights, same as a slave, basically wanting ownership as if to adopt Mina so that Takuma doesnt have power over Mina in order to make the relationship more equal standing in power dynamics. Would have been funny if it happened because technically that would make Mina his step sister creating a pseudo incestuous relationship and upgrade Akari from sister in law of Mina to technically being her step sister which you can imagine her reaction to that scenario lol

0451 said:

Every time he does that laugh I thought he's like having something like a full body orgasm because it totally looks like it. I can more easily think of him like a talking dog more than a child.
traedSep 15, 10:56 PM
Sep 16, 9:44 AM
Feb 2020
Got pretty late to this but honestly an enjoyable show.Dont ever felt like a drag to watch,just some nice SoL to relax to even some depth and lore here there.

Solid 7.5/10
Sep 16, 6:24 PM
Oct 2020
Mina not pushing Mamoru off the bed at the end was good development.
Sep 17, 7:19 AM

Aug 2022
Honestly, I was worried and doubtful about Takuma's family about Mina, I was afraid that they would not be able to fully accept Mina as Takuma's wife, but thankfully they were all able to accept it all with love, I really love Takuma's family.

After that, Takuma also started to leave his old boarding house and started living in his new house, and it seemed that Takuma, Mina and Mamoru's lives would continue to get better from now on.

I'm glad I had this anime in this season and I think I liked it anyway. Well, it's very rare to see a unique and good story like this again in the future. So I think I'm quite happy with this anime, that's my impression.

RafaBryanSep 17, 7:29 AM
Sep 17, 4:31 PM

Oct 2022
I had a lot of 2nd hand embarrassment watching Takuma's parents react to Mamoru
When it started squeaky giggling I really started to cringe... then they showed what Takuma looked like when he was little, giggling I guess and- crikey he looks even more creepy as a kid.
I guess I was a little surprised the father was more accepting of Mina than the mother. They didn't really need to get serious with the whole ownership/ethics issue with robots caring for humans and all that. But I liked how Mina took charge and refused, this would technically not be something she could decide as a robot, but of course she can because she has a personality...
The Mamoru robot his parents bought that talks with a serious man's voice was really funny-
Sep 19, 1:20 PM
Dec 2021
É um anime muito bom de assistir e muito relaxante, espero por uma nova temporada!
Sep 19, 3:51 PM

Mar 2022
A surprisingly fun show, wasn't sure about it to start with it but it grew on me, actually hope we get another season, It was different and I enjoyed that about it.
Sep 19, 5:20 PM

Nov 2023
It was kind of cringe at times, but overall not too bad. Considering slice of life isn't really my thing, I honestly thought I'd drop it after a few episodes, but hey, here I am at the finish line. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 13

74 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 30, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6

79 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 30, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 30, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7

42 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 29, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31

41 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 29, 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.