Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
Has music become a race to the bottom, formulaic and trite? Is there too much emphasis now on creating something that hopefully goes 'viral' on social media? Or did this sentiment always exist?

Who are the greats of this century? How do they compare to the greats of last century?

Someone at work today told me Billie Eilish was the best artist of this century so far. How do you feel about this?

Look at the top 50 songs in your countries music charts right now. Look at the top 50 in the 80s and 90s. Do you feel there is a decline in quality?

If you feel music has gone downhill and is declining in quality and ambition, why do you think that is?

I see Youtube comments that say "wow I wish I grew up in the 80s, their music was the best" - why is this generations music not as fulfilling?

We have so many more ways of accessing music now. Give your views on the current music scene. Is there hope? Is it doomed? Are we in a freefall?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Yesterday, 6:17 PM

Nov 2022
no. and to those who think otherwise; listen to more music. please. this thought never lasts anyways.
ultrasonic sound coming out your speaker / the force is electric
Yesterday, 8:10 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
There's always going to be good music coming out, but there will also be lot of garbage as it increasingly becomes easier for people to produce it and produce more of it quickly.
Yesterday, 8:17 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
No just hip hop / rap been in the gutter since the late 90s

Billie just low Budget lilly Allen tell them to GTFO

Yesterday, 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
Popular music appeals to the lowest common denominator, ie the masses. If you care about music, don't worry about what's popular. There are millions of albums (and EPs and singles) out there of every imaginable variety.

xfwm4 said:
no. and to those who think otherwise; listen to more music. please. this thought never lasts anyways.

Thank you. If anything, music is only getting better because there is so much more of it in existence now, with an ever-expanding library of new genres. It's just that some of the better stuff takes effort to even find.

Props to having Ghost Hound on your favorites!
SmugSatokoYesterday, 8:30 PM
Yesterday, 8:22 PM
Dec 2022
Pop music and rock music are in the decline due to how people listen to music and the general worldwide economic situation. That's a fact. Other than that, music that is not pop nor rock are doing decently.

Listen to classical music, smooth jazz, and world music more, AKA genres that are less prone to be overtly commercialized as of this current year.

One doesn't think music is in decline. Instead, the overt commercialization of music is the main problem.
Yesterday, 8:30 PM

Aug 2021
Oh my, every decade the previous decades criticize music.

Yesterday, 8:33 PM

Jan 2009
i feel like this is a generation gap thing its just modern music suits young generation and not the old generation
Yesterday, 9:58 PM

Feb 2020
Everything is going downhill, not only music.
Yesterday, 11:21 PM

May 2020
On average, yes. Or more accurately, it has gone downhill. Long ago.

Music being listened to less from love of it than from unability to bear silence. Religious festivals degenerating into profane parties. The spreading of the idea that the quality of a work of art is "subjective", and of the idea that art ultimately consists in "expressing yourself". The disappearance of an authentic intellectual elite, and its substitution by ordinary people with university degrees. Music being said that "it's a banger", or that "it slaps", and the like. The excessive prestige and wealth that can be obtained by a singer, which seduces many who weren't born for music into wanting to become one.

Thankfully, exceptions are many.
Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
JustOscar said:
The spreading of the idea that the quality of a work of art is "subjective",

Of course art is subjective, as there is no objective standard and everyone will perceive it differently. The very notion of art being objective is preposterous. Art is not a boring mathematical equation; it is a glorious expression of creativity born from the highly subjective processes of each artist, in turn processed by the highly subjective perceptual mechanisms known as individual human beings who interact with it. It's really only specific aspects that are objective.

and of the idea that art ultimately consists in "expressing yourself".

That's kind of what art has always been. (That doesn't mean there isn't more to it.)

The disappearance of an authentic intellectual elite, and its substitution by ordinary people with university degrees.

Because all the smart people vanished, so now no one can create "true" art. lol...

Music being said that "it's a banger", or that "it slaps", and the like.

That has more to do with the lazy nature of social media users. If you want more intelligent commentary on music, you can always read formal reviews. However, the vast majority of music fans care about listening to the music, not writing (or even reading) fancy articles about it.

The excessive prestige and wealth that can be obtained by a singer, which seduces many who weren't born for music into wanting to become one.

It's exceedingly rare for a musician to become rich. Nearly all musicians make little to no money from music. It boggles the mind how little even some famous ones make. Even among wealthy musicians, most of that wealth came from other ventures.

Even when I performed music with celebrities, I never got paid a penny; in some cases I had to pay for the privilege.

As for being "born for music"...I'm not sure how that would work.
SmugSatokoToday, 12:00 AM
Yesterday, 11:52 PM

May 2024
All songs I try to listen to randomly (popular or not) sound the same to me. Rap is not even rap anymore it's just autotune and excessive mumbling; Rock is practically non-existent outside of some popular bands like Maneskin, whose songs are literally all the same and they couldn't even be any more basic (Japan has great rock music, but it's arguably the only country that still tries); Pop is terrible as it has always been tbh, not much has changed from the early 2000's.

And then you have Albanian music. It all sounds like 12 year olds sampling random beats and drinking 3 cans of beers to come up with the worst, recycled lyrics the world has ever heard. Weirdly enough, people still enjoy it, too much...

Sad said:
Someone at work today told me Billie Eilish was the best artist of this century so far. How do you feel about this?

Her music is the reason Beethoven went deaf.
Today, 12:08 AM

Dec 2021
Yes 100%. Billie Eilish is mid as hell. She does have a handful of good songs though, but for every 1 good song, she has about 5 forgettable snoozers. Finneas is an overrated producer as well, not interesting production at all. I blame stoned out Californians with shit taste who gaslight the world into thinking that she's good. It's a shame most of Anglophonic pop culture is centered around LA nowadays.

But even more terrible than her imo is Harry Styles. I blame him for popularizing that tacky retro synth sound that's been so overdone over the last few years (at least The Weeknd made it cool). Although Lizzo is a shallow terrible human being, even she pulled it off better! Whenever I hear As It Was or Music from a Sushi Restaurant, I want to stab both of my eardrums out. Again, it's what stoned out TikTokers from LA think good funk music is.
Today, 12:08 AM

May 2020
Reply to SmugSatoko
JustOscar said:
The spreading of the idea that the quality of a work of art is "subjective",

Of course art is subjective, as there is no objective standard and everyone will perceive it differently. The very notion of art being objective is preposterous. Art is not a boring mathematical equation; it is a glorious expression of creativity born from the highly subjective processes of each artist, in turn processed by the highly subjective perceptual mechanisms known as individual human beings who interact with it. It's really only specific aspects that are objective.

and of the idea that art ultimately consists in "expressing yourself".

That's kind of what art has always been. (That doesn't mean there isn't more to it.)

The disappearance of an authentic intellectual elite, and its substitution by ordinary people with university degrees.

Because all the smart people vanished, so now no one can create "true" art. lol...

That has more to do with the lazy nature of social media users. If you want more intelligent commentary on music, you can always read formal reviews. However, the vast majority of music fans care about listening to the music, not writing (or even reading) fancy articles about it.

The excessive prestige and wealth that can be obtained by a singer, which seduces many who weren't born for music into wanting to become one.

It's exceedingly rare for a musician to become rich. Nearly all musicians make little to no money from music. It boggles the mind how little even some famous ones make. Even among wealthy musicians, most of that wealth came from other ventures.

Even when I performed music with celebrities, I never got paid a penny; in some cases I had to pay for the privilege.

As for being "born for music"...I'm not sure how that would work.
@SmugSatoko With all due respect, SmugSatoko, but only 20 minutes passed since I published my reply and you replied to me. I don't think you have spent enough time thinking about what I said. Maybe that's why you misunderstood me. That's understandable; it's your time, after all. But understand that I don't want to spend too much of my time talking with a person who has no intention of listening attentively to what I say. To be honest with you, I have no intention of listening to you either. You are not interested in what I have to say; I am not interested in what you have to say. We can spare ourselves a fruitless conversation.

PS: If you want (I hope you don't) to interpret this as a "concession of defeat", I won't stop you.
Today, 12:16 AM

Aug 2014
JustOscar said:
With all due respect, SmugSatoko, but only 20 minutes passed since I published my reply and you replied to me. I don't think you have spent enough time thinking about what I said. Maybe that's why you misunderstood me. That's understandable; it's your time, after all. But understand that I don't want to spend too much of my time talking with a person who has no intention of listening attentively to what I say. To be honest with you, I have no intention of listening to you either. You are not interested in what I have to say; I am not interested in what you have to say. We can spare ourselves a fruitless conversation.

PS: If you want (I hope you don't) to interpret this as a "concession of defeat", I won't stop you.

You have no basis for accusing me of not wanting to listen to what you said. I responded precisely to what you said, line by line. I don't need to sit there for hours pondering it. (Especially when I have decades of experience with music.)

If you think I misinterpreted you, you are free to clarify. But this isn't about either of us; it's about the truth.
SmugSatokoToday, 12:19 AM
Today, 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
Lol taking music charts seriously. Music charts just represent stuff people find fun to listen to not something inherently high quality, it is more what appeals to a larger number of people. What is good is more something subjective and you couldnt find on charts like that.
Today, 12:34 AM

Sep 2016
I don't know how to quantify the "quality and ambition" of music, but it feels like anime music has been going uphill until now.

English 80s music is still peak though.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Today, 12:42 AM

May 2020
Reply to SmugSatoko
JustOscar said:
With all due respect, SmugSatoko, but only 20 minutes passed since I published my reply and you replied to me. I don't think you have spent enough time thinking about what I said. Maybe that's why you misunderstood me. That's understandable; it's your time, after all. But understand that I don't want to spend too much of my time talking with a person who has no intention of listening attentively to what I say. To be honest with you, I have no intention of listening to you either. You are not interested in what I have to say; I am not interested in what you have to say. We can spare ourselves a fruitless conversation.

You have no basis for accusing me of not wanting to listen to what you said. I responded precisely to what you said, line by line. I don't need to sit there for hours pondering it. (Especially when I have decades of experience with music.)

If you think I misinterpreted you, you are free to clarify. But this isn't about either of us; it's about the truth.
@SmugSatoko When I take a decision, I take it based on what I think has the highest probability of being true. Maybe I am wrong, maybe you think I am wrong, but I take my decision based on it. I think you don't want to listen to me, even if you think you want. I repeat, maybe I am wrong. I still take my decision based on it.

Exactly, it's about the truth. And when it comes to finding truth, I think our time, both yours and mine, could be better spent. You do whatever you want with yours. I will do whatever I want with mine.

Today, 12:52 AM

Jul 2024
Yes 9 out top 10 monthly hits are just raps and pops.. Even pops are just heavily feat by rap

so I always wondering Whatever happened to other genres and what they need to do, to get in the top 10?
Today, 2:01 AM

Jan 2009
From the technical aspects, music has been going downhill ever since the change was made from 432Hz to 440Hz. The former is better for the health.

But outside of that, nothing is new under the sun. The type of "modern" music that we hear now has been existing for over a century. If you want a complete change from that, you'd have to look into traditional folk songs and classical music from before the 20th century
Today, 3:23 AM

Jul 2021
I live in the best era of music so far.
Today, 3:37 AM

Dec 2008
Reply to xfwm4
xfwm4 said:

Suppose the “artistic creativity in music specifically has no limit, I yet still listen to old music. The modern music? I don’t bother looking for. You may blame it on my age (42). Apparently, the older I get, the picky on music I be. Or perhaps indeed music went downhill, and music will never be like before.
Today, 5:57 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Noboru
From the technical aspects, music has been going downhill ever since the change was made from 432Hz to 440Hz. The former is better for the health.

But outside of that, nothing is new under the sun. The type of "modern" music that we hear now has been existing for over a century. If you want a complete change from that, you'd have to look into traditional folk songs and classical music from before the 20th century
@Noboru
That isnt quite how it went down. There wasnt really a standard tuning originally and there was a lot of competing standards once standards were coming around I heard they kept raising the frequency because it makes the music sound more exciting to the listener and the French stopped it at A435 to not outdo opera singers like some tunings such as A451 but then it was later brought up slightly more to A440 by International Organization for Standardization I guess to make it an even number. Also not all music is A440 orchestras still use different tunings all the time. There also likely isnt much special about A432 vs similar tunings like supposedly baroque was around A415 tuning but i cant confirm this as historical it is just what musicians say they use .
traed1 hour ago
Today, 6:12 AM

Dec 2013
What are the examples of music nowdays?
Coldplay, taylor swift, gangnam style, or even worse, like rap "music" (not music for me)?
Give me VIP concert tickets for those and pay me $200, I still not tempted to watch

I would gladly pay concert tickets for Yundi Li playing Chopin all ballades and preludes. Or watching Lugansky playing Rachmaninoff

Today, 6:24 AM

Apr 2021
Don't judge by only looking at the surface. Dig a bit deeper and you might find gold.
11 hours ago

Jan 2009
Reply to traed
@Noboru
That isnt quite how it went down. There wasnt really a standard tuning originally and there was a lot of competing standards once standards were coming around I heard they kept raising the frequency because it makes the music sound more exciting to the listener and the French stopped it at A435 to not outdo opera singers like some tunings such as A451 but then it was later brought up slightly more to A440 by International Organization for Standardization I guess to make it an even number. Also not all music is A440 orchestras still use different tunings all the time. There also likely isnt much special about A432 vs similar tunings like supposedly baroque was around A415 tuning but i cant confirm this as historical it is just what musicians say they use .
@traed Even if there wasn't a global standard before, 432Hz is much more in tune with the Schumann resonance. You are right the A440 is making the music sound more exciting and that is the original purpose of that shift: to agitate the masses more easily instead of keeping music as something to calm and heal their minds/spirits/souls
11 hours ago

Feb 2020
80's and 90's were really the peak when it comes to music, movies, and TV series. Period.
8 hours ago

Dec 2019
What I'll say is this recent trend of remixing old pop songs from 2000's is the shittiest music trend and I think David Guetta is to blame. I wanna stab my ears whenever my gym plays "I'm Good", aka a cringy ripoff of "I'm Blue"

Generally music has become lazier, just look at how short songs have become, however that doesn't instantly make the song bad. It's all about personal taste. I used to believe music was subjective, but there's objectivity when you compare originality & skill, to pure laziness. There has definitely been a rise in laziness.
6 hours ago

Jul 2021
No, modern music is amazing, you just need to know where to look.
6 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to JustOscar

Music being listened to less from love of it than from unability to bear silence. Religious festivals degenerating into profane parties. The spreading of the idea that the quality of a work of art is "subjective", and of the idea that art ultimately consists in "expressing yourself". The disappearance of an authentic intellectual elite, and its substitution by ordinary people with university degrees. Music being said that "it's a banger", or that "it slaps", and the like. The excessive prestige and wealth that can be obtained by a singer, which seduces many who weren't born for music into wanting to become one.

JustOscar said:

Of all the things wrong with modern music why would the slang merely meaning "it's good" would be a major talking point?
6 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to Noboru

@Noboru That's the most ridiculous poor quality "science" I have ever read.
5 hours ago

Mar 2008
Reply to Noboru
@traed Even if there wasn't a global standard before, 432Hz is much more in tune with the Schumann resonance. You are right the A440 is making the music sound more exciting and that is the original purpose of that shift: to agitate the masses more easily instead of keeping music as something to calm and heal their minds/spirits/souls
@Noboru
Thing is the Earth's electromagnetic field isnt really constant plus it has interference from all the modern electronics and radio waves. Also 7.83Hz is far below any common musical tones and only has very weak harmonics in higher frequencies so A432 is unlikely related to the Shumann resonance. Looking it up five octaves higher is 250.56 ...this isnt any of the notes in A432 though C is somewhat close to it in this tuning.

Anyway if i were to start making music id experiment with different tunings.
5 hours ago

Jul 2013
How can it go downhill if it was never any good to begin with?
5 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to DesuMaiden
How can it go downhill if it was never any good to begin with?
@DesuMaiden Are you seriously arguing that music as an art form is bad? o.O
5 hours ago

Dec 2016
I do think the problem with music now days is that there's no filter like a record company. There is completely amazing music but, because everyone can self publish on youtube. There's a ton of mediocre music that you have to dive through to get to a jem. When I was a kid there would be the top 100 songs every month. Now there's probably 10000 new songs every day.
5 hours ago

Dec 2015
That's always existed no matter of the times, is the same thing as saying "Before it was better" repeated by each generation no matter of the subject.

Great of this century? I don't know, excluding Japanese stuff, I like Mrozu, Dawid Podsiadło, Daria Zawiałow, Ola Olszewska, Metastavy, Percival and so on.
Last century? Not that interested nor remembering so I only think of Michael Jackson to be great, hard to compare an American singer with Polish/Czech/Other stuff I listen to.

50 charts of 2024 [found something in spotify, can't tell if all of them are from this year]:
Dzięki że jesteś - I like that, I've heard that at radio already, added to playlist as I forgot about it
Chyba że z tobą - Not my type of music
BFF - I ain't liking Young Leosia whom is popular in nowadays
Dziewczyno Piękna - It's fine
Co w tobie jest - That's a nice one.
Och i ach - That's a nice one, heard it few times in radio.
Hero - I listen to that sometimes, so that's telling already.
Palermo - It's ok
Jolie Jolie - eeeeh autotune hip-hop ain't my things [excluding Tede whose songs hit good for drinking vodka]
Jestem twoją bajką - It's good, if I am not mistaken it is in Polish movie - Mr. Blot's Academy which was quite popular.
Motyle - it's decent, tho I think I know that beat already, so I suspect here some "inspiration" but I can't recall memories of what song was original.
Samotność - Gibbs does good job and that's a good song
Droga Pani - not my style
100 bpm - neutral
było, minęło - I like it, already heard it in radio
Bad Boy - that's the same type as Solo from Blanka which was not a good song for Eurovision 2022, I dislike it
Genziara - dislike
to jest to - it is ok
hip hip hura - It is fine
woda księżycowa - eeeh neutral
b012 - it is fine
supro - I like it
dym - neutral
byłominęło - I like it, Kwiat Jabłoni ain't dissapointing
nie żałuję - it is ok
Madison - I like that
Madmuazel - ain't likin it
wróć - it's fine such synthwave mixing with Wodecki song it is weird but it mixes well
Tylko z nią - not a fan, tho with some vodka in night club it might have hit
The door - not my thing [why at Polish chart is an American song btw?]
Czerwone Łzy - That's gibbs, he ain't failing his tracks
Byłe - that's discopolo, it is meant to be listened with vodka not for sober listening
Nigdy wcześniej - I like that
Retro - dislike
Wejdę Wyjdę - dislike
Moja miła - like
On Me - neutral
Tańcuje - neutral
Miłość jest ślepa - I like it
Tyrka - neutral/positive
Całe lata - I ain't likin Taco's stuff even that Podsiadło is there too
So hot - dislike
Szum - I like that, similar style to Carole & Tuesday inserts
Obca - neutral
Nie Wypada - dislike
Love Again - Neutral. Well there was already an American song, now it is Romanian singer x)
Nie ma mnie - Gibbs means quality
Sobota Wieczór - Leosia means that I won't stand that music
Lecę bo Chcę - not only Leosia but also it is badly sped Wilki's song "Bohema" with bad hip hop, that's just a trash music. Wilki themselves are the legends of Polish music known abroad
Przepraszam Pana - dislike

50 chart of 80s
Kryzysowa Narzeczona - Like that, that's a classic, sang it at karaoke bar.
Wehikuł czasu - classic, I like that, that's the regular song which people sing at karaoke bars.
Tak tak to ja - neutral
Arahja - Dislike
Mury - Neutral
Biała Armia - Classic, I like that
Cykady na cykladach - classic, I like that, I like also the cover of Enej which is a modern one
Mój jest ten kawałek podłogi - if not for the chorus I wouldn't like that, it is often played ex. when Polish Volleyball team plays as that's a known song
Mniej niż zero - classic, nothing more to say.
Chcemy być sobą - dislike
Słodkiego miłego zycia - dislike
Nie pytaj o Polskę - dislike
Polska - neutral
Zostawcie Titanica - neutral
Wieża radości, wieża samotności - It's ok
Kocham cię, Kochanie moje - Dislike
Black and White - I think that's the only Combi song which I actually like
Naiwne Pytania - I like that
Autobiografia - Fine
Dorosłe dzieci - dislike
Wszystko czego dziś chcę - A classic, I like that, also cause Trojanowska was a female singer wearing a male suit there was a trend for women to dress up as her.
Za ostatni grosz - dislike
Ostatni raz zatańczysz ze mną - It is Krawczyk, not only a classic but a good singer, obviously I like that.
Au, sza la la la - Eeeeh it sounds like a failed Polish Elvis Presley attempt
Nasze Rendez-Vous - Dislike
Whisky - That's the classical song which always someone plays with guitar and sing in front of campfire, obviously I like that and know the song.
Nie płacz ewka - Classic, sang it along with my friends at karaoke bar
nie ma wody na pustyni - dislike
Nasz disneyland - dislike
Zaopiekuj się mną - neutral
Za tobą pójdę jak na bal - Krawczyk, this name is enough to say.
W domach z betonu nie ma wolnej miłości - dislike
dmuchawce, latawce, wiatr - neutral
Jesteś lekiem na całe zło - dislike
dwa serca, dwa smutki - neutral
IV Liceum - neutral
Niewiele ci mogę dać - neutral
Odkryjemy miłość nieznaną - neutral
śmierć w bikini - neutral
byłaś serca biciem - I like that
Luz - Blues, W niebie same dziury - dislike
Skóra - dislike
Chalupy welcome to - Wodecki song, that's enough to say.
Harley mój - I like that.
Mówię ci, że - It sounds alot like 80s anime openings [instrumental] I like it
Ogrodu serce - dislike
Stan pogody - neutral, sounds familiar it's like a slow Polish version of cosmo police justy opening
Gdzie się podziały tamte prywatki - classic, neutral.
Bananowy song - neutral
Kombinat - Neutral

90s chart - there's 76 so gonna listen to first 50
Długość dzwięku samotności - classic, I've sung it alot of times at karaoke bar and I listen to it often
Na co komu dziś - classic which I like
Prawy do lewego - classic, a must to be put in a party
Gdy nie ma dzieci - classic
Co ty tutaj robisz - classic which I like alot, I'll need to try it someday at karaoke
Kocham wolność - neutral
Mamona - I like that
12 groszy - classic, neutral
Warszawa - neutral
Takie tango - classic, neutral
Zawsze tam gdzie ty - Classic, I like it alot, sang it in karaoke bar and it is a must for the whole bar to join in chorus, it is a must.
Baranek - neutral
Nie stało się nic - Wilki, that's enough to tell. I've sung it too many times at karaoke bars.
Moja i twoja nadzieja - neutral
Kiler - I like that
King - I like this
Kropla deszczu - I like it
Dumka na dwa serca - Classic, I didn't know that "Hej sokole, gromowładny, pytaj o mnie stepów, pytaj...." is that song, finally found it. [I always forget to search it, now it lands on my playlist a must for playlist]
Kołysanka dla nieznajomej - I like that
A wszystko to - Ich troje is just a classic
Kocham cię jak Irlandię - neutral
Ciągnik - It was a meme when I was at primary school, but I ain't likin it. Tho it is nostalgic to hear it. "Kupiłem czarny ciągnik, kupiłem czarny ciągnik..."
Dzieci wybiegły - a classic which I like a lot
List - neutral
Kobiety są gorące - that's a classic hip-hop "Kobiety są aha aha, gorące..."
Niepokonani - it is fine
W dzień gorącego lata - classic which I like
Śpij kochanie śpij - a classic which I like, and I also like a lot the Męskie granie 2022 cover
Dziewczyna szamana - neutral
Nadzieja - Neutral
Jenny - I like that
Ta sama chwila - dislike
Teksanki - neutral
Zanim zrozumiesz - neutral
Son of the blue sky - That's wilki, that's quality.
Sen o victorii - neutral
Chłopaki nie płaczą - Classic, often seen in karaoke bars, and I like that
Odchodząc - neutral
Ostatni - neutral
Eli lama Sabachtani - Wilki
Bohema - Wilki, a classic over classics "Lecę bo chcę, lecę, bo życie jest złe..."
Baśka - Wilki the top 1 of their classic
I wszystko się może zdarzyć - I like that. Omg... the chant between verse and chorus I thought that it was an classical anime/american hit, never expected that it was from Polish song.
Crazy is my life - that's a must for a party, obviously I like that.
Tolerancja / Na miły bóg - neutral
Nikt nikogo (i tak warto żyć) - neutral
Moja baby - wilki.
A to co mam - I like that.
Czarna Inez - I like that.
Nogi - I like that, at excavation site someone put that on speaker which was the first time I heard that.

I like the modern stuff but I think the 90s stuff were better

I don't think it goes downhill, just the genre which was popular has changed

You don't need to grow up in certain times to enjoy a specific music, I wouldn't be surprised if the would grew up in 80s, they would be saying "Wow I wish I grew up in the 50s""....

With Mrozu, Gibbs and other mentioned Polish musicians I don't see Polish music to be nearing to the doom

4 hours ago

Jan 2009
@JaniSIr: You can do your own research and take the information or leave it. Not going to waste time arguing with someone who doesn't appreciate the pointers I'm giving here.

@traed: 432Hz is also part of the Solfeggio frequencies. C being somewhat close to it in the 432Hz tuning is the whole point, as mentioned in the link of my previous posting
4 hours ago

Mar 2008
Noboru said:
432Hz is also part of the Solfeggio frequencies. C being somewhat close to it in the 432Hz tuning is the whole point, as mentioned in the link of my previous posting

The numbers attributed to frequencies are arbitrary so the number of a frequency is meaningless which is what Solfeggio is all about, the numbers. Ive known of this stuff for a long time.

I found this
Moreover, not all music around the world has since been tuned to A=440Hz, as the meme claims.

“I remember being in Japan in the '80s on tour with Prince and our pianos had been tuned differently,” Rogers said, also noting that “Cuban music tunes to A-436.”

In an interview with NPR in 2016, classical pianist Simone Dinnerstein mentioned how the National Cuban Orchestra was tuned to A-436 ( here ).
Cross concurred that “some orchestras have from time to time flirted with an increase up to A=450 Hz, which has the effect of making their sound seem brighter”. Audition documents by the New York Philharmonic, for example, state the orchestra tunes to A442

ANCIENT INSTRUMENTS
Reuters found no documented evidence that ancient cultures tuned their music to A=432Hz, as the meme alleges.

Armand D'Angour ( here ), professor at Jesus College at the University of Oxford, whose research has focused on ancient Greek music ( here ) told Reuters the claim is unfounded.

“We don’t know the absolute pitches of ancient strings, which in any case would have been variable depending on resources, location, circumstances etc. It is a fantasy to suggest that we know that any tuning was pinpointed as A=432Hz,” D’Angour said.

Heidi Köpp-Junk, Assistant Professor in Egyptian Archaeology at the Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures, Polish Academy of Sciences Warsaw ( here ) also said “there is no evidence” that instruments in ancient Egypt were tuned to A=432Hz.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact-check/debunking-social-media-claims-about-a432hz-and-a440hz-musical-pitches-idUSL1N2P915O/

The only kind of frequencies that are of particular interest are resonant frequencies. But these cause objects to be destroyed. I remember reading about an attempt to use resonant frequencies of viruses to destroy them, though this also can be frequency of other things so it isnt ideal for medicine in many cases unfortunately.
3 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to Noboru
@JaniSIr: You can do your own research and take the information or leave it. Not going to waste time arguing with someone who doesn't appreciate the pointers I'm giving here.

@traed: 432Hz is also part of the Solfeggio frequencies. C being somewhat close to it in the 432Hz tuning is the whole point, as mentioned in the link of my previous posting
@Noboru I actually once watched 1 YouTube video of this topic, not because I care much about music theory, it was just there, and I was bored.
Of course he was making the argument that it makes no difference, like obviously, and the best argument to 432hz was "one italian guy said so".
3 hours ago

May 2021
no music is not going downhill you are just getting older

3 hours ago

Nov 2022
Reply to JustOscar

JustOscar said:

in the bold text; are you suggesting if one describes their enjoyment of a song in a simple way, the value it (may have) had is lowered?
ultrasonic sound coming out your speaker / the force is electric
2 hours ago

Dec 2016
It's over, we have the moral high ground!!!

https://knightstemplar.co/rhythms-of-war-drums-in-the-medieval-era/
Soverign2 hours ago
54 minutes ago

Mar 2008
Reply to JaniSIr
@Noboru I actually once watched 1 YouTube video of this topic, not because I care much about music theory, it was just there, and I was bored.
Of course he was making the argument that it makes no difference, like obviously, and the best argument to 432hz was "one italian guy said so".
@JaniSIr
It originated sith a French physicist then was promoted by an Italian composer.

To give a quick background of how 432 Hz came into the picture, we turn to Joseph Sauveur, a French physicist who, in 1713, came up with the concept of a scientific or philosophical pitch. Basically, this system doesn’t follow the A440 tuning reference, and instead places A4 at 430.54 Hz and middle C—C4—at 256 Hz.

He explained that, by placing middle C at 256 Hz, you can create a system where each octave—or factor—of C lands on an even integer, instead of containing "dreadful" decimals.

Giuseppe Verdi, an Italian composer of the 19th century, advocated heavily for the use of this tuning, as does the Schiller Institute.
By using Twelve True Fifths tuning, created by author Maria Renold, there’s a way for C256 to fit on the same scale as A432. This website does a much better job of explaining the math than I would ever be able to. If you’re into some slightly nerdier math, it’s an excellent place to start learning about Maria Renold’s 12T5 tuning, or how our A440 equal temperament system works in general.

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/tuning-standards-explained.html

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark, milk or white chocolate? ( 1 2 )

KappaLambda - Sep 11, 2023

57 by GinInYourJuice »»
6 minutes ago

» do you guys study at prestigious university/school of your country?

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

18 by philtecturophy »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you drink? ( 1 2 )

EmiliaHoarfrost - Aug 28

50 by Scavendgarr »»
3 hours ago

» The Pen IS Mighter than the Sword

vasipi4946 - Aug 29

14 by Komlan_6 »»
3 hours ago

» Women who are terrified of bugs are not feminine enough

Hydre_Ito - Jun 22

23 by MrsVicky »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.